This is not trolling, just want a genuine coversation and discussion

Anyone else love Devil May Cry but find 5 really dissapointing and hard to get into? It just feels so messy especially with the constant involuntary character switching and time jumps / skips and constant flashbacks. I don't feel like I get enough time with each character. I would probably like it a lot more if each character had their own 20 or so mission campaigns

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/g3g5056ldqid431/Dmc5Patch.rar/file
youtube.com/watch?v=DReUg3OY2Us
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1874593#p1874593
youtube.com/watch?v=qiiW2lKu-og
youtube.com/watch?v=JnG79mJo0zs
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5ZCH7B6Ec
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29446693
youtube.com/watch?v=udUjUYWmWqY
youtube.com/watch?v=udUjUYWmWqY&t=11m20s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh and I find the level design really bland when level design was always something I liked about DMC 1 and 3

>This is not trolling
The most obvious sign of a troll. Stopped reading there.

I don't know how else to show that I'm not trolling.

The story and pacing is really fucking bad, even for an action game. It took me a while to get to the end because there was never any satisfying build up or tension.

It feels like a half-assed Justice League rip off, only with sentai instead of capeshit.

Thank you, you summed it up perfectly

Any kind of negative criticism is trolling, according to DMCucks. They cannot allow the sequel they have been waiting for, for over a decade, to be bad.

I loved DMC 1, 3 and even 4 so much, I'm a huge fan but yeah, I really don't like 5 as sad as it makes me feel to say.

5's plot started out great but lost almost all tension as it progressed.
It didnt help that Vergil had so little screentime, does nothing of any real importance AND was spoiled by the final trailer

I really didn't like V, I like classic capcom cheese but V was a little too much, I could SMELL 2007 every time he showed up

Yeah the games a fuckign mess. the graphics are disgusting.
out of all the shit they added most of it is really badly done. V is probably the worst.
I've done DMD on every game but this piece of shit. I hope soon they can mod V out and fix the fucking game but capcom keep doing irrelevant updates and breaking all the mods.

Glad to see more people who agree with me, I felt super alone on this in the first few weeks of the games release

They should have let you play as whoever you want in NG+, it's baffling they didn't think about that. It's easy to do. Plus I hate the qliphoth, it's a repetitive annoying type of setting that I feel like gets used in so many games and is never good.

Just play bloody palace. DMC has always been about the gameplay and not the actual campaign. Nobody bothered replaying mission 11-19 on DMC3 because tedious puzzles, gimmick and annoying enemies. It is still regarded as one of the greatest action game of all time

I played through DMC 4 and 5 recently. Just actually played DMC 1 and 3 the first time just a couple of months ago.

I'd say 5 is the second best part after 3. 4 was probably one of the most dissapointing games I've ever finished. Nero was just so bland both as a character and gameplay-wise. When you add to that half a game of backtracking and fighting each boss three times it becomes unforgivable.

5 really improved on most of this. Nero is more interesting mechanically V I liked playing even more as, because he was so different. Though he's not really fun to play as him against bosses. Dante is more fun to play than he ever was imo. His levels were fuckin great and you actually got unique levels and bosses with him. I was actually encouraged to experiment and play around unlike in 4 where I wanted to get over the levels as fast as I can. The ending seemed kind of abrupt though. Really expected there to be at least one more level with you joining up with Vergil and destroying the tree.

The facial animations in 5 weren't actually as bad as I expected. Nico, Dante and Lady actually looked pretty good. What happened to Trish and Vergil in the face department was a travesty though and an affront to God and mankind. SERIOISLY HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU RUIN TWO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE LIKE THAT!

>looking to see if thread is legit
>literally slightly over 50% Posts to Unique ID ratio

Aside from that, just to add a viewpoint, I think possible reasons may be the overhype where the bad aspects like loading screens, level design, and V where objectively or opinionswise make the game seem worse than it actually is. But it is a fucking miracle to actually have the game out even at all, and it feels like people expected more after waiting for this game for a decade. I think people wanted "masterpiece" ratings on the game and that was a very slim chance always. I am still glad at least it is very good to amazing even with its downsides.

>vergil
>ruined
kys

The bloody palace is worthless , it's a million of easy flood then once in a while you get an interesting challenge, it's exactly the same problems as the usual survivor mode in fighting games

Yeah, you never have a sense of growth, because you're constantly being shuffled around and "reset". 4 had the same problem, obviously, 5 only exacerbated it. Even more so if you don't like one of the characters. The level design in 5 is awful half of it is tree root tubes. The rest isn't that clever either, I still don't understand the blood statue level for Dante. What were they thinking? Why would it be set up that way? Why does it lead to a 10 foot passage right in front of his old house. It's just bizarre, like no thought was put into the world what so ever. I also got annoyed a lot by the camera choosing bad angles and such. I think it was simply engine limitations, RE engine was built for RE which is enclosed tight spaces, and it just worked against DMC5. Story and characterization was also pap. And something I can't put my finger on makes the animations feel a bit unsatisfying. Pulling off combos in 3 still feels better to me compared to 5.

Right? If you can't bother making enemies unique to the characters being played, then why limit our choices?

Also, where the fuck is Lady/Trish? They clearly have animations, so why take a step back in that respect?

I don't get why anyone considers this game to be a miracle when it's basically the same thing as 4. The story is all over the place and a less satisfying retread of 3. The campaign is just boring instead of bad like 4 but V wastes several missions with the worst gameplay the series has ever seen. Nero and Dante get a few cool additions but that's it. Just because the IP got revived doesn't make it a miracle.

It's true that the story is 3: electric boogaloo, it can't be compared to 4. Hell, V was a great addition with original gameplay. I don't know what you mean by "boring", cause DMC has always been about getting to the end of the mission while killing enemies, which DMC finally got some good ones after DMC1. You could say that the level design did get kinda boring with the urban setting, I'd like to see the outlandish latter level of DMC3 to return.

Yep. Pretty much.
Truth be told I haven't liked anything DMC related after 3. I hate 5, I hate the anime, I hate DmC and I really hate 4.

Well, it's not bad, per se. Disappointing, sure, but it's not so bad. Not sure I'd call it good but it still has a lot to offer.

Go back to playing FFXV

Attached: 1559335512236.jpg (515x514, 60K)

I'll just say that I'm glad they got rid of gimmicky shit like crap puzzles & that dice game. Things like that really hurt the game's replay value for me.

Attached: 1554288347269.jpg (851x978, 60K)

>Lady/trish ruined
>vergil ruined
>family reunion ruined
>combat ruined
>b tier story ruined
Yes it's disappointing, literally just play once and never again tier.

It's fine but V is really boring to play as. I didn't expect it would be better than 3SE and it wasn't so I didn't really lose out on much. Worth a few playthroughs at least

>combat ruined
Explain

Going back to dmc4 to beat its bloody palace, its really noticeable how much more gravity affects characters in 4. As soon as you jump once in 4 your back on the ground almost instantly

I can see where you're coming from with the story and Lady/Trish, but
>>vergil ruined
explain
>>family reunion ruined
Nero/Vergil encounter was kino
>>combat ruined
The fuck it is, it's the best in the series, and you can fuck off with shit like guard flying & reversals, which not even 0.1% of the fanbase use and are not supposed to be in the game to begin with

Attached: 1556629596233.png (376x438, 265K)

V was shit
Level design was generic and boring. Those levels inside the plant were 0/10
Lady/Trish were literally just cutscene fanservice -no plot, no development, not playable. At least 1,2,3,4 they did something meaningful in cutscenes
Plot was a rehash of 3

It's a lot better than 4 but it's still inferior to 3.

I'm gonna assume
>vergil ruined
comes from his appearance and that's it. Which I can kind of get on board with, he doesn't look anywhere near as cool as he does in other games. Wouldn't say "ruined" though.

Yeah idk how people say he was ruined, looks pretty okay if you ask me

Attached: 1559335464646.jpg (810x1440, 892K)

low skill involved. Anyone can do the most advanced tricks now which means the tech is worthless.
DMC5 combos are much slower, simple & not impressive to see anymore.

I'm guess it's because a 5head doesn't really work in a realistic artstyle

It's the colours and no cravat I don't like. Teal on black is disgusting. Other than those he's fine

I can't do them
But I also put no time into practising anything in the game so yeah

It's slower because no turbo, but if you don't practice you won't be able to pull off the good stuff. If you can do advanced shit in 4 and 3 you can also do them in 5 because of legacy. You just became good at the game

There's much more variety with the combos in 5, while all combo videos for 4 were the same shit for over 10 years. The only thing it's lacking at the moment is turbo mode

>Hell, V was a great addition with original gameplay
I expected more things from him. More summons, more moves and mechanics. They had to copy Chaos Legion, that's all

True, more variety would've been nice. It is his 1st iteration though

He's ruined because you don't like the colors? what a retarded opinion

It's not just because it has no turbo, it is actually slower than DMC4 base speed too.

>It is his 1st iteration though
He's not coming back tho. Unless they integrate it into vergils moveset.

Well he might not come back, but a summoner type of character could

Its not, i played dmc4 last night and they're about the same. DMC5 adds a lot of QoL changes like snatch actually having reach

It was a 10/10 until chapter 15 or so and then just fizzled away, it only dropped it to a 9 though because the endgame fights like the one with Vergil were kino. Cavaliere Angelo is one of the best boss fights in recent times though

I like it a lot, but as I got better at the game the "airey" feel of the combat got to annoy me. Almost all of Dante's levels are really bad as well.

I got the platinum anyway and it's got some great boss fights but it's pretty much half and half for really good stuff and really bad stuff. It's messy

What if he comes back as a class in DD2

I thought V was cringe incarnate until I played the game and realised his gay poetry side was actually based and a reflection of the gud boy the human side of Vergil was

I'll take DMC5's variety over Rebellion, Lucifer, and using Gilgamesh to finish off enemies.

I'm pretty sure it's the same speed as base, I did play them back to back and there were even webms of comparing it when the demo came out

Please, if they stick with 20 missions again they can't have three characters like 5 did. Just give the moveset to vergil and have him be an unlock after you finish the game. Stick with two characters if they aren't going to give us more missions.

Yeah but how would you integrate part of V's stuff into Vergil? Through the doppelganger maybe?

Between the lead up animations for everything (even enemy step) and the way 5 blends animations in general 5 is full of way more tech gating that makes it difficult to reach the same speed as 4.

That's not even getting into how the weak gravity in 5 forces you helm breaker constantly in order to return to the ground.

Try again, champ

Never played dd so I don't really have an opinion on that. It'll probably get people interested in dd if they could play as V for a whole game.

>I don't get why anyone considers this game to be a miracle when it's basically the same thing as 4.

The problem with 4 wasn't that you had to switch characters but that after switching to Dante you stop getting any new content, except for Savior level. Same levels, same enemies, same bosses, same old shit. 4 would be massively improved if they just scrapped Dante bullshit and instead make Dante mode similar to Virgil in DMC 3.
DMC 5 doesn't suffer from this since everyone has his own unique levels/bosses.

How the hell is nobody calling out the fact that OP wanted a fucking 60 or so mission campaign?

>he doesn't look cool
Still a retarded opinion. His appearance is similar to 3 so what's the difference?

>60 missions
Not in a million years, OP

Couldn't doppelganger get some of the familars moves?

I think if they fixed gravity and made enemy step/JC less trivial to pull off it would already be a lot more exciting.

It's just wishful thinking, V's pet chicken, cat and golem are permadead now. Maybe Virgil will incorporate more ranged /zoning attacks in the future as a nod but V is well and truly gone

I'm with you, fully.
I appreciate the work Itsuno put into it, and the core of the gameplay is great (Aside from SDT trivializing anything when used) even if V is a bit wonky.

I think this is the worst; the core of it is great, and could be expanded upon. It could be a 10/10 with more levels, characters, but it won't be for the foreseeable future.

All these, and not to mention that it makes Vergil
look like the asshole who got away with it all, instead of the tragic character he's been portrayed as.

V wasn't a good boy lol. He beat some stranger for money and still had his hate boner for dante.

You can't give his style to Vergil because it's based on V not being able to do anything himself. Also it was a pain switching from a standard DMC char to V and it would be even more pain to switch to him mid-game.
For me the way they should do multiple characters should be like Sonic 3&K or Mania.
-Everyone plays through the same 20 missions, maybe give everyone a few unique missions to showcase character's strength
-Cinematics are different depending on whom you play as
-Special missions are unique to each character
-Each level has some hidden routes that only a certain characters can explore. Places that need Devil Bringer to get to or some gaps that you need griffon to fly over.

>Nero/Vergil encounter was kino
Was it really? I liked V as a character, but I felt like the whole reason for his existence was because they were afraid of letting him show too much emotion.
Then they just barely had V interact with Nero in a meaningful way.

>little half demon Virgil reads progressive 1800s poetry all day while Dante gets into scraps with the neighbourhood kids
You know he was a good boy user, he just did what he had to to survive

>they were afraid of letting him show too much emotion.
I mean Vergil, they were afraid of letting Vergil show too much emotion.
I completely fucked up my argument now, didn't I?

>dmc 3
>design
Only remotly descent designed areas were m18-20 the fuck are you talking about

>All these, and not to mention that it makes Vergil
>look like the asshole who got away with it all, instead of the tragic character he's been portrayed as.
See, technically it was Urizen.
>But Urizen is Vergil.
And V is also Vergil, and V did everything in his power to enlist the guys to take out Urizen. Then when it was all said and done, Vergil aids Dante in cutting down the qilphoth tree and remains trapped in hell for eternity, doomed to face Dante for eternity. It all works out. I think what was missing, however, was any one character tearing into him about the people Urizen has killed because of Vergil's selfish quest for power.

>but V is well and truly gone
It's a fucking Japanese action game, nobody's really gone if people/devs want him back. Shadow burned in the atmosphere in his debut, but still appeared in like 10 games or so. Bison was killed off for real multiple times.
Bringing back V is even easier than most bullshit resurrections since as long as Yamato exists he can be brought back whenever.

I would have liked it better if I had free choice over who I wanted to use but other than that it was fun. Wait for special edition to really have fun I guess.

I don't see everyone becoming a combo autist. Is that why 4fags are going back, since they can feel superior?

Fucking degenerate. You play a game or just watch others doing it? Combo autists perhaps the worst on par with fujos and kamiya purists

Same thing with REmake 2

>loading screens
Fuck that.
I've played on the first day, and finished the game once. I never spent more time on a loading screen than 2 seconds. Then it crashed and didn't work for a month.
Next time I managed to get it work, they were half a minute on average. I still have no idea what the fuck happened.

Anyone know which track plays during the swinging around of mission 3? Where Nero is hopping from ruined building to ruined building on a waterfront?

That gravity shit was pissing me off when you try to combo a dude and launch him into the stratosphere.

Can't bring back someone's half of a personality moron. you retards do get that v wasn't his own person?

Honestly, I think everyone is gone for good. The DMC cast is finished until maybe 2030. We might get a special edition for 5 but that is it.

If anything they'll make Vergil more like V from now on, but they needed a kino endgame villain so I understand why they did what they did in splitting them up and leaving you with the sandal poem emo

Reminder for my fellow pirates that someone unlocked a BP you can suspend and resume.
mediafire.com/file/g3g5056ldqid431/Dmc5Patch.rar/file
Apply this to your DevilMayCry5.exe.

I don't understand the complaints about the missions in 5 honestly, people act like it's one big corridor, but somehow having one hub and having to fetch mcguffins all over to open doors and fetch other mcguffins to continue is better.
A lot of the missions in 5 have diverging paths and stuff that rewards exploration. While mission 15 is pretty bland visually there's 2 areas that diverge, and an entire area that's just a punchline ride track. In general missions have way more replayability through these paths and co-op, than picking up the same items in the same sequence in the previous games.

The one thing I think the game misses the mark on is the variety of enemies, there's a bunch of them but they all kinda act similarly, only the ones that can't be juggles easily like Empusa Queens, Furies and Behemoths are interesting.

Attached: dead.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

They should have made V missions unlockable after beating the main game or some shit and have 10 mission each for Nero/Dante.
Quite a shame that diverging point got separated into 3 missions

>The fuck it is, it's the best in the series, and you can fuck off with shit like guard flying & reversals, which not even 0.1% of the fanbase use and are not supposed to be in the game to begin with
Just because most people can’t do them doesn’t mean they should’ve been taken out. You’re sounding like one of those fags who defend casualization of games like smash because the mechanics weren’t intended despite them giving the games more depth and making them way more fun to play. If lowering the skill celiling only affects good players then why intentionally make the game worse for the ones who actually care about the mechanical depth of a game? If it’s so advanced then it’s presence won’t impact scrubs because they won’t know how to do it so it’s only a negative for them to be removed. They also made jump cancelling way slower in dmc5.

DMC3 level design is some of the worst in the series.
Fuck the tower, it's a nightmare.

That's stupid, they just came back they aren't going to make us wait ten years for another game.

yeah remember how everyone loved duke nukem forever? fucking dipshit

You can consistently bring V whenever you please by stabbing Vergil with Yamato. Now, the only problem is figuring out who and why would want to do that.
After that they just have to find a bullshit reason to explain why he's not breaking apart anymore and (optionally) why Virgil is still Virgil. And there's like 101 bullshit ways to do that. Yamato gets upgraded/corrupted and it can pull V without removing him from Virgil, or V gets through some transformation in his gameplay and becomes his own person, who now has to spend 10 missions figuring out what does it mean.
If they won't bring him back it's because they don't feel like it, not because it doesn't make sense.

>but somehow having one hub and having to fetch mcguffins all over to open doors and fetch other mcguffins to continue is better.
Well yeah. That's a hallmark of old adventure games and I love that shit. It was done great in DMC3, and it remains a strong part of why I replay it. DMC5 campaign, with exceptions, is more like a Bloody Palace with corridors between floors/arenas.

I suppose it was nice to have nothinpersonnel katana man fight again. Anyone else hate Urizen's final form? I liked the fight, but he himself was like Demon Birkin.

I'm just saying that V isn't the good boy you guys make him out to be he's just a more sensible Vergil.

The series ended when vergil fell
this is an inarguable fact

Attached: im652.jpg (302x167, 4K)

>casualisation like smash
Did you play smash 64? It had like 3 buttons total, minus the joy stick, if anything it improved with every sequel besides brawl, play better games

Absolutely not, the game is great.

You misunderstand. He's talking about things like wavedashing.

I'd say 3 years at best for a 5SE, but my pessimism says five.
After the astounding success of REmake, Capcom will fully lay on making resident evil games, and will only touch DMC again if they are out of ideas. Itsuno will also switch focus on Dragon's Dogma.

>but they all kinda act similarly
Dunno
Cainas have berserk mode, Baphomet and his big bro are immune to range attacks, nobodies have 3 masks with each altering their behavior, Proto has lots of superarmor, spining lizards have invulnerable phase. Even scythe fucks have superarmor gimmick

>the delusional Vfag is back
Yes keep ignoring the point of V's character moron. Itsuno gave V less missions because he knew that V wouldn't be liked as much as the others and that's why he's tolerable in this game

They still have plans to market dmc so they probably have some sort of dlc planned for release in the next year or so.

Yeah urizen was pretty basic but I always thought he was a very strong nod to nelo angelo which appealed to me because I'm a nostalgiafag

Nice blog. Now get the fuck outta here loser.

Stay mad.

I didn't say he doesn't look cool, I said he doesn't look AS cool. You're really bad at this "reading" thing.

I hate that I'm so shit with Dante. I can breeze through DMD with Nero and V, but I stumble through with Dante.

>he was a very strong nod to nelo angelo
How so? I could never glance any of such resemblance. That would be cool though.

That part where they said "Your reason" I would have walked out of the movie.

>delusional
>moron
You being angry doesn't change my original point:
>If they won't bring him back it's because they don't feel like it, not because it doesn't make sense.
Nobody cares about the characters point. Gouken got brought back despite his death being a key event to both Ryu and Akuma. Charlie got brought back despite being driving force behind Guile. Nobody cares. If they think people want him back he will be back, if they don't won't. It's as simple as that.

>There are times when even a Devil May Cry
Shut off my PS2.

Still retarded.

Sounds more like an issue you're gonna have to work through, brother.

Attached: 1315868376528.jpg (500x367, 44K)

I would be glad to be wrong, but I have heavy doubts. We'll see I suppose, but I think they will hold back big DLCs so they can release SE. Only basic, testing-tier stuff like Vergil's cancels will make it in.

>final form
Would love to see him to revert into Nelo Angelo form, like the concept art which is basically Nelo/Urizen hybrid
Still liked the fight. Him remembering past moves like shitty version of summoned swords and beowulf moves was nice

>Would love to see him to revert into Nelo Angelo form
I would throw money at that for sure. I don't see it happening though since Itsuno would feel like appropriating Kamiya stuff.

>here let me list a bunch of characters that are in no way similar to V's situation
k moron

>If they think people want him back he will be back, if they don't won't. It's as simple as that
You keep believing that if it makes you feel better kid. Try not to tweet at itsuno obsessively now.

You still didn't explain the difference faget.

There are still some things I don't understand about the story, it's a mess:
-Vergil is demon and dead after the end of DMC1, yet he shows years later mostly human in DMC5. What in the hell was he doing since we last saw him? How is he alive? Why didn't he show-up sooner? It must've been years.
-Why is Dante's shop called Devil May Cry instead of Devils Never Cry?
-Why does nobody care about all those people killed Urizen, which is totally Vergil's fault?

>k moron
Still angry
>You keep believing that if it makes you feel better kid. Try not to tweet at itsuno obsessively now.
Still completely missing the point of my original post
Try not to kill yourself.

In DMC1 he doesn't really die, he does the same thing of the other boss fights where he fucks off

Releasing playable vergil now and then bundle that with an se later on would be the smart thing to do. I don't think we would have to wait long for se to happen though.

>is demon
Nelo was basically Vergil in some iron armor. He didn't have full demonic apperance, just red eyes and some veins.
>Why is Dante's shop called Devil May Cry instead of Devils Never Cry?
Kamiya May Cry
>Why does nobody care about all those people killed Urizen, which is totally Vergil's fault?
Why should they? Bunch of nonames were kilked so?

>Point 1
At this point we just accept that after Nelo 3 he reverted back to his corrupted/weakened form and wandered for a while, not straight up dying.
>Point 2
See DMC3 ending. It got changed to Devils Never Cry, then changed back.
>Point 3
In these kinds of game no one aside from main and supporting characters matters. Besides, it's not like you could punish Vergil for that, and everyone's kind of fine that he's back and tamed for now.

Why do people hate playing as V so much? I find it pretty engaging on the higher difficulties. My playstyle:
>charge attacks with Griffon, vary between Blockade, Round Robin, and Double Check. Also use Flank Attack to launch enemies into the air for Shadow to combo.
>combos with Shadow, I usually go for Combos B and C. Bayonet and Guillotine in the air. Skewer (while charging Hedgehog) if I'm busy focusing on other inputs.
>try to read book as much as possible with V, while strategically placing V to avoid attacks
>time dodges with V so I don't need to use the second jump as it screws up Griffon's charge attacks
>try to get close to stalemated familiars (or summon Nightmare)
>summon Nightmare when there's too much pressure on V
>Gambit to avoid attacks and finish off dying enemies. Need to be strategic and look for openings to teleport
>try to taunt as much as possible while Nightmare is out

It feels like I'm playing 2.5 characters at the same time. Why the hate?

Your original point is you coming up with retarded ways to bring your emo back. Itsuno always planned for V to be a one time thing, just look at the concept art. Otherwise he would have been made his own character, which he didnt.

Prolly because of the lack of weapon variety. Story reasons kinda limit how many and which types of demons V can use.

My gripes is that you can't command his pets, like using d pad to bring them back to you. And fuck mission 9. Fighting 2 Protos (those fucks get a lot of super armor) and Judeccas is nightmare.

The previs footage even uses the same actor for Vergil/V/Urizen.

We answered your questions a dozen times why are you still asking?

No. Brian is mocapping V and Dan is doing both urizen and vergil. You can see him lying on the floor in the footage.

DMC5 starts out as a 7/10 but only gets better the more you replay it, it's now my favorite in the franchise.

If you only play games once or twice than DMC5 is not for you, every design choice is made with replayability in mind.

I love Mission 9, and it's one of my highest scores. I agree the Protos stalemate your familiars pretty fast. That's Prime drop Nightmare on them as soon as the familiars go down time. I think V handles Judeccas pretty well, thanks to the wide area attacks you can charge while they teleport. The annoying thing is it's long range with the tentacles. V is never truly safe even on the periphery of the battle.

Previs. Not the mocapping. I'm talking about the live action cutscenes.

>At this point we just accept that after Nelo 3 he reverted back to his corrupted/weakened form and wandered for a while, not straight up dying.
But it had been years since DMC1. Was he trapped in hell and just got back? Did he escape at the end of DMC1 and wondered for years without trying to recover Yamato from the order? Did he try to but was too weak. Was he waiting months just to get a drop on Nero? It's just too vague.
>See DMC3 ending. It got changed to Devils Never Cry, then changed back.
It changed from nothing to Devil May Cry in 3, then from Devil May Cry to Devils Never Cry in 1. Now it flip-flopped back for no reason.
>In these kinds of game no one aside from main and supporting characters matters.
But that's only in 5. Nobody human Died in 1 and 3, and Trish spent entirety of 4 evacuating people from the city when Sanctus wen bonkers.
>Besides, it's not like you could punish Vergil for that, and everyone's kind of fine that he's back and tamed for now.
They could address it at least. It feels kinda weird when everyone brushes off mass murder.

>-Vergil is demon and dead after the end of DMC1, yet he shows years later mostly human in DMC5. What in the hell was he doing since we last saw him? How is he alive? Why didn't he show-up sooner? It must've been years.
I think they originally meant to answer that with Malphas knowing V. Then they cut that out, leaving only the V losing his summons level, and Nero killing off Malphas like Goliath.

Same here, user. I dont think is shit or something, but was very dissapointing.

>Your original point is you coming up with retarded ways to bring your emo back.
That was never my point. Try again.

Sorry my bad I haven't watched those yet. Wouldn't they use a different actor for when v and urizen are both in the scene? How would that work.

level design never had any significance in dmc

there is nothing you can do with it in any games and there are pretty much no environmental hazards, it's just visuals.

progression too was always linear in dmc1 and 3 too, and eapecially in 3 it was more pike annoying when you get lost than "adventurous"

I adressed your point already, they never planned to bring him back, from concept art to gameplay the evidence is in front of you. Stop being a delusional faget.

>m9
Same, I like the overall atmosphere of a ruined ground zero cementry. I was talking mostly about dmd, SoS is fine.

When V and Urizen are in scenes together (prologue and Mission 17), they swap Urizen with a different actor. But only for the time they're together.

>Then it crashed and didn't work for a month
sounds like dante

Trish also caused the murders of fortuna civilians when she gave sparda to the order and that was never addressed either. Or what about dante just letting everything go to shit and then decided to help.

>1: Vergil was really fucked up yeah, but the sons of Sparda basically cannot die and that's hard fax at this point, Dante himself gets btfo for a whole month in a coma, I can imagine Vergil going down for far longer (this is headcannon though)
>2: already been answered by another user
>3: I mean it is a little bit too chill that no one talks about the civvies getting rekt but nero has a hate boner because of that and his arm getting ripped off and the rest of the cast aren't very grimdark except V and he sees the bigger picture anyway, they are all focused on stopping Vergil/urizen so they don't have time to cry for the npcs
>4: Vergil immediately gets his shit together after fighting Dante and Nero and the game ends very abruptly so while this is a plot element that isn't touched upon I liked that it had an open ending personally

>search link online
>no results
>nevermind the fact that the suspend thing is included in the bast game
are you mentally retarded?

>spining lizards have invulnerable phase
uh?
just use ranged attacks, it slows them down and you can follow it up with melee attacks to break their spikes

>spinning lizards have an invulnerable phase
Dodge and use ranged weapon user

Git gud

>I adressed your point already, they never planned to bring him back, from concept art to gameplay the evidence is in front of you. Stop being a delusional faget.
But it doesn't have anything to do with character being brought back or not. Was Vergil meant to be brought back after his DMC 1appearance? Nope. Was he planned to be brought back after 3? Not likely. But here he is. What I'm trying to explain to you for like 10 posts or so is that DMC is not something that actually happened in real life or some grand masterfully crafted epic saga. Characters are brought back simply because someone thought they should be included, no because it's logical for them to be in such game. Will V return? Unlikely. Will V returning making little sense from the narrative point of V stop Capcom from bringing him back? No.
There is no point of discussing whenever his moveset should be given to Nero, Virgil, new character or whomever because if a summoner character ever appears again in DMC it will be V.

5 > 3 = 1 > 4

Only brainlets hate playing as V

I don't want to plsy 5 because they took edgyness and cringe to another level. It's absolutely ridiculous how oversaturated it is with angst. DMC34 felt more in depth with its angst and gothic style instead of the self-parody that 5 is.

it lacked cool moments like this and the proper ost to punctuate them.
it also unironically needed to be edgier, it felt very up beat and goofy compared to past dmc games.

youtube.com/watch?v=DReUg3OY2Us

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 526K)

The only issue I had with the switching is that I played the last stretch of the game entirely as Dante and once you get to the missions were you're forced to play as Nero again I had completely forgotten how to play him and proceeded to explode his arm off like 5 times accidentally.

Attached: 1546352691328.png (499x495, 295K)

I don't hate playing as him but I don't go into him with any real strategy in mind and I still seem to get away with reaching SSS even on DMD.

The ending also lacked any emotional impact whatsoever. Nero fight Virgil to get him to accept him? And after Dante already kicked his ass? What?

>Was Vergil meant to be brought back after his DMC 1appearance? Nope. Was he planned to be brought back after 3?
Itsuno says otherwise. He always wanted vergil to have his own game and guess what he sort of does. Also the concept art for 4 has nelo angelo in it so vergil was always gonna come back in someway, I guess they couldn't bring him back yet in 4 because of what happened when they wanted to go multiplat. Vergil is itsunos favorite so he would have found away.

>nevermind the fact that the suspend thing is included in the bast game
Pirated versions are all only launch versions. Nobody's bothered to fuck with the version that gave BP a menu option. There is/was a trainer that allowed you to access BP on pirated DMC5 via the Void, but you couldn't suspend your session. Now you can.

borger when

Yeah DMCV is FUCKING TRASH
I was thoroughly disappointed by that garbage, along with DEMAKE 2 and megaman 11
CRAPCOM shills on Yea Forums will say otherwise
Also
>This is not trolling
It's really telling and sad we unfortunately live in a post 2012 /jp/ world because ever since /jp/ decided to create the ironic shitpost meme, this site has been plagued by retarded baiters ever since and people are afraid to post their genuine opinions, why the fuck do I even come here anymore?

Attached: I won't ever forget.jpg (724x7228, 739K)

There he is!

He's boring and tedious to play as.

It made the other in the series kinda obsolete for me, animation is best in the industry, monster design is pretty dope. Only thing I don't like is the switching between characters the other were awesome as a personal adventure kinda way. Oh well.

but dante didn't kick vergils ass, even if you "beat" him in game, they even had Vergil deliver the last hit no matter what just to emphasize that. they were supposed to be equally matched and had they continued fightning they would've both died (which could've been a totally fine outcome for the series if it was executed well enough) but then Nero came and ruined with his "DURR STOP KILLING EACH OTHER!!!" bullcrap

>Nero came and ruined with his "DURR STOP KILLING EACH OTHER!!!" bullcrap
imagine having such shit taste

I was hoping for a real progression in DMC combat but they made the exact same mistakes as 3 and 4. Combat abilities are very complex but all of it is pointless. Style is a weak as shit mechanic. Enemies don't react to what you're doing so the basic YYY combo is enough to beat everything.
Fans will tell you "the whole point is to be stylish" but it's clearly not, because it's not required to progress. It's like Mario fans saying "the point of Mario is to collect coins, if you didn't collect all the coins you didn't really beat the game"
Level design, enemy placement etc is irrelevant if nothing you do in the combat matters at all.

Wanting vergil or dante to die is fucking retarded.

>but then Nero came and ruined with his "DURR STOP KILLING EACH OTHER!!!" bullcrap
Which also would've been totally fine if it was executed well enough. And it would've been so fucking easy. Give us some scenes of Nero being affectionate with Kyrie, show her having a bun in the oven so we know they've gotten THAT close since DMC4. It would give him a reason besides being badass to fight the demon menace, a reason Dante doesn't have to help further contrast the two characters. Then when Nero finds out Vergil is his dad, the moment is all the more impactful because Nero himself is about to be a dad. It comes so out of nowhere that Nero would give any kind of a fuck that Vergil is his father that the moment of
>I'M NOT LETTING YOU DIE
falls completely flat.

They didn't have to fucking show Kyrie. Throw the aforementioned idea out the window, but have Nero tear into Vergil for being selfish enough to have a family and discard it in his quest for power. But nope. Nothing.

>source: dude trust me

>Enemies don't react to what you're doing so the basic YYY combo is enough to beat everything.
>Fans will tell you "the whole point is to be stylish" but it's clearly not, because it's not required to progress
You will factually never attain an S rank in any mission if you're not stylish. This is a really asinine post.

Attached: 1354159958857.gif (200x163, 1.25M)

>This is not trolling

clear sign that you are trolling

>DMCucks
it's official, this is a Barry shitposting thread

Attached: Barry admits to ban evading.png (1581x196, 64K)

Do you have a pirated version of DMC5?
>Yes
Go load up BP. You can't, you need the trainer. Now try to suspend BP with the trainer. Your data will not save.
>No
Then why are you replying?

Attached: Old Snakeu.gif (400x226, 1.6M)

You know what was a real big flaw of the game?
No MILF Kyrie

>thing that deals damage can be used to beat the game as long as you can avoid taking damage
try to beat the game on DMD using only rainbow/rose taunt/V BP taunt
it's technically possible but
1 very boring
2 not very effective
3 slow as shit
4 gives you 0 points

because there's no source for the file
unless you modded that out yourself, but you could have posted this to nexusmods or something, instead of a Yea Forums thread that's going to be archived sooner or later

I don't care about points in any game and never have. Like whoa man you got a big number or different letter at the end. Who gives a shit.

First, style directly does reward you with more DT gauge but more importantly, a game shouldn't have to give you some kind of explicit reward just for doing stuff. What DMC asks of you is that you come up with your own rules and in theory the fulfillment of finding your own ways to defeat the enemies by discovering their quirks or finding new ways to combo moves into each other should come from yourself.
It works the same way as the good aspects of breath of the wild is the exploration and discovery YOU feel as opposed to the shrines and seeds the game rewards you

>Nero being affectionate with Kyrie, show her having a bun in the oven so we know they've gotten THAT close since DMC4.
She needs to be pregnant for you to realize they have had sex multiple times? They fucking live together, of course they're fucking. Nero has those kids from the orphanage that he treats as his own, not everything needs to be spelled out for you.

>because there's no source for the file
I yanked it from cs rin ru because fuck them for keeping this from everyone with their registration. Here is the post.
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1874593#p1874593

Okay.

Attached: Paul.gif (215x201, 507K)

Retard

faggot

>She needs to be pregnant for you to realize they have had sex multiple times?
It's not about sex. It's about Nero being family minded.
>Nero has those kids from the orphanage that he treats as his own
I didn't see them in DMC5, nor did I hear Nero invoke them in rage at his father for putting them in danger.
>not everything needs to be spelled out for you.
It's motifs and themes making for satisfying moments, man. At the end of Full Metal Jacket, when Joker kills the young girl who killed Eightball, Doc J, and Cowboy, the moment would be infinitely less impactful if the movie didn't have the scenes where
>Joker is chewed out for his peace symbol button by his CO in the Stars & Stripes bunker
>Joker is chewed out for his peace symbol button by a colonel when interviewing a GI on the teachers who were slaughtered by the NVA
>Joker vocalizes that he isn't ready for combat during the Tet Offensive
>Joker asks the chopper gunner how he could possibly shoot women and children
etc. I hope this isn't lost on you how motifs and theming works.

>login to download
do forums still do this?
it's so antiquated
i'll be honest and tell you that on your first post i jumped over the fellow pirates part.
i bought the game, but i assumed that after the initial DRM-free leak people kept cracking and updated at least the BP update

You know I'm right
Points are archaic and weak game design

>sucks at games so he claims he doesn't try

No worries, mate.
If you don't get that yearning to experiment with the monumental amount of possibilities of combat, then that's on you and not the game.

maybe you should play something more modern like GoW and stop bitching about a series you fundamentally dislike

>it also unironically needed to be edgier, it felt very up beat and goofy compared to past dmc games.
I agree.
>Dante+Nero Heroic moment happens
>Urizen reveals that despite this his plan is already complete, shit just got real
>next scene is Dante doing the Michael Jackson impression out of the nowhere
It's like they had no idea how to pace things.

Nero reflecting on credo and finding out he has a family isn't family minded? He lost his parents of course he wouldn't want to go through that again.

>his father for putting him in danger
They weren't there with nero so they weren't in any danger at all.

>motifs and themes
remember themes from 1,3 and 4

I've accidentally exploded his arms so many times. Why is Dante's DT the same button as Nero's self destruct?

This desu, the pacing was all over the place. When vergil came back it felt like the beginning of act 3 but the story just ends almost directly after. The game would've benefited massively from having an extra 5-10 chapters.

Also did anyone feel like there was a lacking of enemy characters? In 4 you had sanctus, agnus and credo who all had scenes together and persisted through the game. Same with 3 with vergil, arkham and jester (even tho those two were the same). This time round you had just urizen for the whole game who had some of the worst screen presence. Like yeah malphas and The angelo were there but they were never shown to have a personality or a character outside their boss cutscenes/fights like everyone else. Felt like too much of the focus was on the heros. Would've liked to have a reccuring rival character a la nelo angelo

The whole point of DMC is to get the S ranks, though.

Come on now Barry, stop embarrassing yourself

Attached: fireworks.png (424x453, 445K)

vergil when

>dmc5 felt goofy compared to past DMC games
The fuck? DMC3 is literally the goofiest in the whole entire franchise. Even 5's "edgy cool scenes" were handled more mature and less goofy than DMC3's such as....

youtube.com/watch?v=qiiW2lKu-og

i've got the game, started it, played couple hours, had fun, and then i've never launched it again. i don't hate it, i don't know what happened, it just failed to keep me interested. i thought it's my fault and i've got bored of video games, but later i've started playing eurojank kingdom come deliverance and sunk in for the entire day. definitely gonna finish dmc5 someday, just maybe not right now

Attached: 1534282803264.png (750x750, 169K)

>Give us some scenes of Nero being affectionate with Kyrie, show her having a bun in the oven so we know they've gotten THAT close since DMC4.
Uh....no, that was the problem with 4 we saw ENOUGH of Kyrie, 4 was enough about Kyrie to the point of being annoying. And it didn't fall flat or come out of nowhere knowing his history and personality. He had no family, was an orphan and lost half of the only family he had. Pay attention.

God, I wish I lived this game so fucking bad. I've loved every other Devil May Cry game including 2. It fucking kills me that I could complete 2 and not 5. What the fuck is wrong with me? I just want to have a fun time discussing DMC with my friend!

don't rush him
you'll make him nervous

Attached: 1559831627522.jpg (1242x1252, 410K)

Why couldn't you complete it? It's great and not that long.

Old man is taking forever, hurry up.

Who's in the basket?

give him time for christ sake
you're gonna give him a heart attack
baby V

Attached: 1559922080726.jpg (888x1063, 126K)

Barry

Attached: Combined Nero & Vergil Puzzled Power.png (1063x585, 795K)

>Give him time
He had 20 years to get himself ready.

This is how Dante knew right away Nero was his nephew, Dante is used to getting the puzzled look from Vergil.

it just takes him a little while to get prepared okay please be patient hes almost ready
if you rush him he'll get too anxious and need 10 years to recover

Attached: 1559889835640.jpg (744x1052, 115K)

cute eyebags

This is pretty cute

Attached: D88jyu-U8AYC1ks.jpg (2048x1152, 257K)

>SoL demon killing scooby doo crew never ever

Nico has nice lips

Fund this

Attached: D9FL6TJUYAIdqxr.jpg (2048x1152, 386K)

the only thing that was really well handled in the game was v

the other stuff felt underdeveloped, nero feels like literal dead weight for most of the game until the end

also it feels like the game was made with SoS in mind which sounds great but it had the effect of making the first DH playthrough underwhelming, i don't remember experiencing this with the other games and i still replayed them on higher difficulties

This has to be bait or a newfag, V was one of the worst parts of the game. No one likes him after the first playthrough.

i meant storywise but V was my favourite charcter to play as overall (even though he could have used more moves)

>poetry line quote
>poetry line quote
>poetry line quote
Even griffon had more variance.

>storywise but V
That would go to Nero but if you like V as just a plot device for Vergil then sure.

I don't really see it hard to get into despite the character swapping, you get used to it.
Only problem I got was V and that's because he's more or less unorthodox and he has the least amount of levels. Nero has ample time so I don't get the problem there but dante it's 50/50, you play with him a lot during the 2nd half of the game but you only get his full moveset before a boss only run and can only use it in one full level before another boss. However this problem gets lessened heavily with repeat playthroughs and the Bloody Palace as you can now play more and get used with them.
The story does suffer from jumping but not enough to make me detered from the game. Really the pacing only gets bad with the Vergil reveal, needed more levels to make the climax less rushed.
>I would probably like it a lot more if each character had their own 20 or so mission campaigns
I wouldn't disagree there, because the more missions the better for a game such as this.

Attached: 1555828032180.jpg (464x577, 36K)

Which kinda sucks, it made a lot of his scenes fall flat with Nero in comparison to Nero scenes with Nico.
>V mumbles some random quote
>nero like wha.....ok whatever nigga
Their scenes could've been better together if Cap just made him talk normally and non-cryptic for once. He was too melodramatic and serious in the midst of a bunch of quipping goofy characters that when he was around he made them "straighten out" so to speak, which was kinda a bummer to watch.

>220 posts
>65 ips
yikes.

It's Barry

He's not just a plot device though, having Vergil's human side separated from his overwhelming demon side allows him to be introspective and think about where his life went wrong. V's isn't just a set up for Vergil to come back but a set up for Vergil's redemption act.

>I don't really see it hard to get into despite the character swapping, you get used to it.

I'm playing through DMD just now and I'm still not used to it. Even if its something you "get used to" you have to admit that it's a roadblock to playing that the other games didn't have, since the idea of playing as a character you don't enjoy as much/suck with is a good incentive to stop playing.

I really wish we had divergence mode, if nothing else it would be cool to fight bosses like Geryon as Nero/Dante.

Anyone else have the game completely freeze when continuing a save on PC? Once the loading bar is full it just gets stuck there and I have to restart my PC. Might just get the PS4 version if this won't work

While brian did a good job, v should have acted more like his manga counterpart. Less poetry and more bantz with griffon and co.

I loved the game, but I really hated Itsuno's overuse of "Playable character saved at the last minute by a "mysterious" newcomer who is obviously Dante or Nero and then flashing back to reveal it." Also can't help but feel the story would have been more interesting if V was Mundus, as was originally planned if you take a look at his concept art.

That and the environment design was garbage. Like over 70% of the game takes place in the Qliphot and it all looks the goddamn same. At the very least the level where you fought V's shadows should have been in a Nightmare version of Mallet Island.

>v should have acted more like his manga counterpart. Less poetry and more bantz with griffon and co.
fuck yeah

>V was Mundus, as was originally planned if you take a look at his concept art
This has been disproven many times. V was never mundus at all, take a look at the concept art and it had vergil himself originally. If you're referring to the female V that was just something the artist wanted to do as an alternative.

Yeah, dmc5 is not that good, Sekiro was much better. Blood Palace is nice to come back to every now and then though.

>to see
Just because you saw someone make a cool combat montage of game that's been dissected to hell doesn't mean it's good.

I wish we had more redgrave levels, before Urizen 2 there was more variance even if it was ruined city, since we saw it at different places, different stages of day, hell Nero's M08 was a Qliphoth level but it looked so different with the absorbed infastructure at the start, meanwhile you go through more samey looking areas during M13-16. I think the overcast sky for Dante's M11 and M12 makes his one look too dull despite also continuing the varied areas (castle ruins and city ruins merged with the tree roots for his set)
I wish this guy actually had more lines with the poetry button. Have every poem in an anthology possible to be listened to just for jokes. He only has like 2/3 lines with it.
The manga sounds interesting, how many chapters so far?

>implying 2007 cringe is worse than today's cringe

when is next chapter of the mango

I dropped the game because I don't like playing as V. His playstyle is incredibly unsatisfying and annoying, relying even partially on the shitty AI of pets in a game about precision combos just fucking sucks.

It's on chapter 4, it's good so far it gives us more details on Vergil's splitting scene and some neat flashbacks. Art is quite good as well. Although it comes out every other week on Saturday and their taking their time with the story too so it'll last awhile.

Next friday.

nobody cares vujo

DMC5 is the best in the franchise, even with its issues.

Itsuno's games are always like half masterpiece, half rushed shitty filler. DMC5 easily has the lowest amount of shitty Itsuno "oops ran out of money and time!" out of all his games, even if it is still present with the tree levels. DMC3 might have higher highs, but the lows make me not want to replay that game.

Definately, characters who can keep up with bants mesh well with characters like Dante and Nero. Just see Dante & Nero fun competitive banting in mission 13 vs V with them.

Vujos dropped this, it's Vergil fags now.

rent free

It's weird that they couldn't make V more like how he acts in the manga since Vergil has no trouble banting with Nero and Dante as soon as he returns.

researched too much poetry and felt the need to shove everything learned into the game and ran out of space for bantz
I know if I had to sift through all that boring shit I'd want to make as much use of it as possible

nice newfag zoomer opinion dude

kek, vergil had to let out his poetry side that had been overtaken by his power autism after all these years

dmc3 didn't feel half rushed?

jesus christ the last 4 floors of BP are too fucking intense

>pulling away one autism to reveal an even stronger autism
how far does the autism river flow
if you could split V I wonder what new autism would be unveiled
its like a russian doll

the one before that where you fight 1 of every big enemy is quite scary too

he's a retard, don't bother

>how far does the autism river flow
he passed it on to his kid, that's how bad it is

Not saying I agree with him but this zoomer vs boomer shit needs to stop. Stop trying to guilt people for liking different things.

t. pedo

>expecting Yea Forums to just drop a hit new meme
it'll be over eventually and they'll move on to a new one

>tfw you run out of breakers and realize that nero's arm is now naked
Feels weird.

Attached: 57395912_604998863316352_520086880561326861_n.jpg (865x1080, 142K)

>not shielding your eyes to preserve Nero's dignity
pervert

anyone think it feels a bit off in this game how weak the devil bringer grabs are?

i still do them because i like some of the animations, you can dtill do stuff like charged shot someone then slam them into a group of enemies to blow them up etc but they're nowhere near as useful as they were in dmc4

i would agree with you if this were some 40 hour rpg, but DMC is meant to be replayed again until you clear all difficulties, by the time you get to DMD you should be very familiar with all the characters, plus 20 missions per character is an insane amount.

4Nero was better
4Dante was better
4Vergil was better

Attached: nero-4-combo.webm (640x360, 1.83M)

Based

Attached: 000023423.png (2093x1877, 1.04M)

we have been over this a million times already, base DMC5 is NOT slower than base DMC4

Nero did it better

>this is not trolling
stopped reading there
0/10

Attached: lol.gif (300x225, 2.87M)

What is this image implying? Donte was based on Nero, this is known.

i wish the one thing dante in dmc5 would take from donte is give him a roulette spin

one thing that sticks out about 5 is the blandness of the level layouts and combat areas

most combat areas are spacious with completely uninteresting geometry, and with almost no platforming in the levels inbetween it stands out and makes the game feel like a bunch of bloody palace floors back to back.

devil may cry 3 had areas that stick in your head like the room with the enigmas where you use the trident thing, all the dmc5 areas blend together and the only ones i can clearly remember is the one at the start of mission 2 and the one in the library in mission 3

Attached: dmc4_platforming.webm (710x400, 2.9M)

That's the point.

All Dontes moves are based on Nero, like the grab mechanics and roulette spin, gun design etc. He's an extremely shitty, emo, edgy version of Nero that smokes.

nero is supposed to be a punk kid not a more serious dante. then you get to 5 where they ruin his character for no reason and make him a swearing retard even though he canonically made his own fucking gun.

i know that but it would be nice if dante had his own version of roulette spin like nero and dmc4 vergil had

But the characters aren't very similar despite that. Donte is a failed attempt at making Nero edgier. DMC5 succeeded. To try and imply that liking one and not the other is hypocritical is stupid. Donte is just not a likeable character. New coke was based on coke.

>Dpad brings your summons back to you
>pressing triangle instantly teleports shadow to whoever youre locked on to
>griffon dosent lose charge when you double jump
>shadow combos look more visceral, currently it feels like hes a wet noodle.
there i fixed V

That's beside the point, the image is simply mocking people saying a character (donte) who copied everything from the other is the one who is a copy.

What are you talking about? he was way edgier in 4 than in 5. In 4 he literally mocks Angus disability lol. He does nothing of the sort in 5.

I don't get it. How was Itsuno able to only get it right with DMC3?

I gave DMC4's story a pass due to its dev issues but DMC5 was offensively disappointing it hurts. Even the cutscenes aren't as fun.

Oh you mean that people are saying DMC5 Nero is a Donte rip off when Donte is a DMC4 Nero rip off?

*is the original
And I oop

Maybe you're just too old to get into the whacky shit now. I thought the story was great and there was plenty of fun in it. Everything was so over the top and flashy. With Vergil returning at the end for pure fan service etc I don't see how you could have been disappointed. What more could you actually want from a story in this series?

You can bring them back to you via dodging

The game really lacked the energy the E3 trailer implied it had.

Just beat the game on Devil Hunter yesterday

(+)
Nero’s new theme grew on me
Cool uncle Dante is still cool uncle Dante

(+/-)
DMC4 had better moves/controls, but way worse level design
V is interesting and different to control. Why wasn’t Lady in DMC4 like this?
Vergil 1 and 2 where the best fights of the game but were still worse than Nelo 1,2,3 from DMC1 and Vergil 1,2,3 from 3. The older Vergil and Nelo fights felt more like fighting a master swordsman and less like fighting a *teleports behind you* bad shonen-anime meme.

(-)
Where is Lucia. The loli from the anime got a voice cameo for fucks sake.
Permanently offscreen Kyrie
The auto combo button can’t be rebound or turned off
The game is objectively too easy on Devil Hunter. I beat most of the enemies and bosses without ever learning anything about them. 1,3,4, (and half of 2) required you to git-gud at the characters to win. 5 Doesn’t.
Capcom needs to get over their hyper-realistic mo-cap face fetish
Fucking loading screens everywhere holy shit
Pay-2-win in an already easy game...

>Capcom needs to get over their hyper-realistic mo-cap face fetish
No, they just need to fix Trish. The boys > all of their older incarnations.

Attached: C1853088-2982-4710-988B-F83722B5381F.jpg (805x714, 61K)

DMC4 had better moves/controls
lolno, it had the worst weapons and guns in the full series

No one will lay a goddamn hand on rugged Dante, master's degree Vergil, or chad Nero. I'll fucking destroy you. I agree about Trash though she needs to be reworked.

Attached: rxd.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Itsuno actually wanted DMC3 to be good and waged his entire reputation on it.
For DMC5 he just wanted to finish it it off just so he can go back to directing DD2

>DMC4 had better moves/controls
I implore you to go back and play dmc4 like i did yesterday. Nero is was better in dmc5 with all his new moves, breakers and mobility options, especially that triple jump. Don't know about Dante yet, i'll have to compare him later today

Stop samefagging, we get it dmc3 shill.

>DUDE THERE'S MORE COMBO AUTISM IN THIS 11 YEAR OLD GAME OVER THIS 2 MONTH OLD GAME

Attached: 1521332070720.jpg (524x468, 51K)

Only part of the game worth playing are the Dante levels. Devil May Cry was better when it was just Dante.

>dmc3 didn't feel half rushed?

It's filled with weak enemies/bosses and there's a lot of backtracking in the second half.

Exactly, the puzzles were meant to drag out the missions to make them seem like they had more depth, but they failed in doing that as they were all simplistic and the missions could still be completed in 4 mins.

exactly, people talk about combo depth in dmc4 but literally every dmc4 nero combo mad i've seen just involves a bunch of jump cancelling and then calibur underneath the enemy and popping DT. Nero has so much more potential in this game with the ghost punch mechanic and new moves like payline. Check it
youtube.com/watch?v=JnG79mJo0zs

>pay2win
imagine unironically needing to buy rorbs to win

Objectively wrong, when you take into account DMC2 happened, which not even DmC was as bad as.

So that's 2 good games, one being decent but plagued with many flaws and one of the weakest plots/antagonist in the whole series (DMC1) vs 2 other good games one plagued by development issues. About even.

>dmc3 was unfinished
What? it's the most finished dmc game alongside 1.

No backtracking like there was in 4, just instances where you briefly take shortcuts through older areas quickly to get to new areas. 4 has literal complete backtracking.

I can't relate to anything you said. Sure the story was weaker but it was still a great game.

>briefly take shortcuts
But that was the ENTIRE game though, infact there was an entire mission that just consisted of running back the very way you came from in the previous mission, kek.

DMC5 was one of the most blatantly rushed and unfinished games this year, people just desperately wanted to love it because they convinced themselves that anything different from DmC would be excellent. Unfortunately, however, DMC5 is a game made in 2019, therefore it didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being any good. Now that the honeymoon period is over, people are quickly realizing how poor it really is.

you made a lot of statements there with literally no evidence or reason to back them up

>only beat the game on devil hunter
>thinks he has an opinion

Don't fall for the 3/4fag bait. The "mass exodus" is only happening in their heads lmao. More people are infact playing DmC than they are the HD collection, although 4 has more players than DmC. Infact the HD collection and all DMC games only got a spike in players in March, because of the hype for DMC5, which may people go back to playthrough the sister, since 5 has released they have dropped and never hit the same numbers they used to again.

HD collection March peak: 241
DMC4 March peak: 329

Which they only hit because of 5.

Attached: 893849223.png (949x1473, 613K)

Or perhaps the inverse is true in that you cannot accept that this game is better than your favorite in the series that you have decades of nostalgia for and don't want to admit your more cynical outlook today affects your view on current releases.

fucking auto-correct, kek

You wrote a whole lot of nothing in your post. What don't you like?

I think he's relying too much on Bingo. The characters and general plot are good in 5, it's mainly the pacing and writing that's terrible.

The basic problem is that you have a distinct 3-act story: get through the city to find Urizen, get through the Qliphoth to find Urizen, get through the Qliphoth to find Vergil. Each act has a distinct environment with a distinct colour palette: city, hellscape, and wasteland. Each act has different characters available, and each act ends with a big boss fight.

The problem is that the missions don't line up with the story acts. The third act is only three missions long, and it feels like two. Way too much time is spent inside the Qliphoth in comparison.

They should have rearranged the mission order. Make mission 10 the prologue. Put mission 8 in the second act and move mission 12 to mission 10. Move missions 15 and 16 to the third act, and maybe add in another mission in there.

So the first third of the game is mostly the same except Nero never fights Urizen in-game, instead V finds Dante and Dante beats Urizen by mission 9. Then mission 12 becomes mission 10, a cooldown leading into the second act, and we have the big exposition following the climactic battle with Urizen instead of beforehand which feels confusing. Then they chase after Urizen like normal, but Nero gets to fight him instead of just being V's ride, but he loses when Urizen eats the fruit, and Dante's has to beat him. V shows up and things get motivated. Then both Dante and Nero are chasing him through the decaying Qliphoth. You have more opportunity to show things going to shit instead of everything suddenly being grey and dead for no reason.

Act 1:
Act 2:
Act 3:
extra mission with Nero?

Something like that is closer to how DMC3 feels with the Vergil fights acting as clear act breaks. There's no clear act break between acts one and two. This paces things out to better match the story.

>writing that's terrible.
you don't mean the dialogue, right? cos thats the best its been in the series

or rather 12 should be the concluding mission in act 1, with 13 starting act 2.

I don't know how to explain it but i loaded up DMC4 yesterday after a session of DMC5 and played through mission 2 with Nero and everything just felt right and more enjoyable. Maybe I'm burned out on 5, I do miss airtaunting whenever I play 4 though

the time skips aren't hard to follow. the game shows the date and time at the start of every mission as well as having visual timeline for the other missions you've already completed.
the character skipping didn't bother me after a couple of playthroughs because I would just focus on one character's missions at a time and use level select.
I thought the game was amazing, but 3 is still my favorite.

3 and 5 are top tier dialogue-wise, 4 top tier banter-wise. DMC1 is the odd one out for having some of the cringiest lines in the whole series.

>boss MUAAHAHHAHAHAHA'ing throughout the game
>don't cry trish, tears are a gift only humans possess
>it should have been me to fill your dark soul with light
>awkward scene cuts like Trish's "looks like we have a winner"

I suppose DMC2 is as well, but who plays through that one anyway

The before the nightmare novel is fine though but I guess it's just when they storyboard for the game they need to cut some scenes out and the transitions don't go so smoothly. I honestly think having more missions would have helped out much better.

>Maybe you're just too old to get into the whacky shit now.
Not really. Played DMC3 2 years ago and loved it, DMC5 outside of two moments felt shallow and borderline forced in comparison.

Forgot to add that the manga is doing a good job of filling in the details missed from the game. I know many people don't like reading side novels and manga for vidya but it's nice to see details that they couldn't fit into the game and we have something to look forward to like the weekly manga.

>any of the dmc stories
>not shallow

i know what you mean

you could point to things like the camera being a bit more zoomed in, animations having a bit more weight, enemies having a bit more of a reaction to being hit, the physics being a bit "heavier" etc but i can't put my finger on why there's such a difference

i still prefer 5 beause its more fun to play around with the devil breakers

>animations having more weight
DMC5 literally has more weight than 4, this isn't even an opinion it's a fact. The Buster is weak as piss in 4 compared to 5.

No, I mean the exposition and flashbacks and characters getting put on ice in order to have solo missions and plot points happen with their absence.

There's no reason for mission 10 to be where it is from a narrative standpoint. It reveals nothing and slows the plot down during a critical moment. Mission 11 is also really slow, and by the end you get some exposition but you don't really get the full story. Then mission 12 drops a shitload of plot out of nowhere. The game should be ramping up to mission 12, instead it pulls down the momentum right before it.

I am a retard who doesn't know shit about game development, but there seems to be a disconnect between the story and the mission structure.

Look at 4 for an example. You get your exposition with Dante talking about Yamato after the big scene in the lab. You get the exposition at Dante's shop at the end of your first mission with Dante, after the first climax with Sanctus. That's how it should be. You ramp up to a big climax with new plot shit happening, then you take it down a notch and catch the player up with the details of what's going on.

The ups and downs of the missions in 5 don't match the ups and downs of the story. Urizen 1 needs to be defeated faster, and there needs to be more space between Final Urizen and Vergil.

This, you actually feel the weight of the swings, the drops, and the weight of the demons being tossed in 5. 4 is like a cartoon by comparison.

DMC3's at least had substance backed up by it's cast chemistry especially Dante/Vergil's sibling rivalry.

Honestly, this. DMC5 feels like a fan service product made in response to the fuckery DmC bought rather than an evolution like DMC1-DMC3. Gameplay wise its essentially DMC4+ with a (bad) third additional character.

i get what you mean with the narrative. Think back to dmc3 where everything that happened in the story was in service of the gameplay such as with vergil taking beowulf. You usually get a weapon after beating a boss in dmc3 but beowulf got away and vergil stole something you worked for, giving you more motivation to fight him and take back what you earned. It's absolutely genius and a gold standard that i wish games would strive for instead of putting gameplay in service of the plot like nu-GoW does

>people are arguing about story in a game that has always had a meh story
What made DMC great was characters and their banter, and them playing off one another, the stories have always been trash. Even in 3, I liked Vergil because he said cool shit, not because his story was actually interesting or deep.

Dude, its LITERALLY the same shit they pulled with DMC4. Right after Vergil 2 the game takes a nosedive in new areas (outside of mission 19 which is mostly just a glorified bush rush hallway) by forcing you to backtrack the exact same rooms. Itsuno just fucking sucks at level design and it shows.

>cast chemistry especially Dante/Vergil's sibling rivalry.
Except the best part wasn't their generic brotherly rivalry done time and time again, it was Lady. She had the most memorable scenes in 3.

>it was Lady. She had the most memorable scenes in 3.
Based.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5ZCH7B6Ec

hey so i bought this game, got over to dante beating up some dude on a throne, killed the guy on the throne and the game ended. How do I unlock coop?

Attached: A7A8A722-D526-497B-878E-3B6AE1BC03AF.jpg (589x760, 58K)

Why is Arkam the only actual main villain that felt extremely satisfying to take down?

(Well, Mundus was alright but still).

post your level rankings.

This but I enjoy all the characters backstories, I find them interesting. Vergil's and dante's backstory are only improved on in 5 too.

>vergil isn't in dmc4
>but he is playable
>vergil is in dmc5
>but he's not playable

???

Play mission 10 forever.

Attached: D9FL-gKU4AAx40K.jpg (2048x1152, 206K)

Yeah, and when you look closer there are more reasons for the Beowulf thing as well. You don't get Beowulf at that moment because the mission is the one where you're in perma-DT with draining health and have to race to the end of the mission. It doesn't make sense to give the player a new weapon there because they don't have a chance to try it out. Instead you get Beowulf later on during a nice slow mission where you can test it against a lot of enemies. Whereas in 5 you get King Cerberus right before a boss fight, where you're not going to be experimenting with new weapons.

I also feel like a lot of this could be fixed by letting you control multiple characters during the same mission. Mission 8 feels like you were supposed to switch to Dante for the second half of Urizen. Maybe the story was written that way, and then technical limitations or whatever meant they couldn't make that happen, and so they shifted the story and added the flashback shit to work around it.

It does feel like the next evolution in terms of gameplay. The upgrades to Dante and Nero are perfect. If they wanted to be lazy they would have just given Nero a second weapon, but instead they upgrade his character along a completely different path than how Dante evolves.

>but he's not playable
yetâ„¢

where is dante keeping those roses

She was only good in 3. She's a garbage character in everything since her debut. Now she's a worthless fanservice character who needs to tag along with Trish so she doesn't get fucked by low class demons.

Attached: ....jpg (365x350, 28K)

Coat pocket

Attached: 90q52hqdh1x21.jpg (1271x1920, 283K)

Arkham > Mundus and it's not even a contest. All Mundus did was boast and MUAHAAHHAAHA like a disney villain.

I will say this: I get FAR more bored playing it for extended periods of time than I ever did while playing DMC3 and 4.

>Vergil taller than Dante

They kept the height consistent from 3 but not the fact that they're twins.

Attached: 1554003839683.png (559x1043, 305K)

The problem isn't gravity or the easier JC. The problem is stuff like JC specific animations, lack of inertia and slow speed of everything. Dante feels like he's underwater

To be fair.....Lady only got fucked by Urizen who is an ALL OMEGA LEVEL POWERFUL SAIYAN GOD. This is the same guy who btfo'd Dante and knocked him out for a whole month, requiring Dante to get a power up to overcome. OF COURSE Lady and Trish got their ass kicked.

DT'd dante's wings wrapping around him to look like a coat is some 4 digit iq shit, who came up with that?

I like it.

Even in heels he's a manlet.

It's cool you shit eater.

All the men in the game are 6ft + that's not a manlet.

Playing DMC5 feels boring for some reason. It's super slow and there's something ff with the impact of some animations (Dante's million stabs feels horrible compared to DMC3 and 4).
It really needed a turbo mode, and to turn off the awful camera shake when you jump cancel

>Not realizing he's complimenting the design

No wonder why Yea Forums is trash when it comes to discussion, no one understands eachother

Attached: 1554539958097.png (584x575, 242K)

i meant it was good

4 digit iq = really intelligent

4 digit, you dumbass retards. He's praising it. God, the absolute state of this fanbase

I was talking about the anime, where she was struggling against no named generic demons while Trish was wrecking them casually.

DMC is like DBZ. The humans get left behind the further the series progresses. Trish and Lucia can somewhat keep up due to being demons with their own DT. If we do get a DLC i guarantee, Lady will tag along with Trish instead of flying solo.

Why are you replying to me, I said I liked it lol, didn't say shit towards his opinion retard. I was agreeing, talk about not understanding people kek

>It's another 300+ post DMC thread full of faggot damage control for a dead game

Attached: 1555994865277.gif (250x333, 1.31M)

>replies to the wrong guy about not understanding people

Yeah, like I said, no one understands each other.

Attached: 5yugi.jpg (555x555, 56K)

No, actually the other thread was kino. This thread = 1-2 angry 3/4fags samefagging. Like clockwork

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29446693

Attached: gzfy1bez4t311.png (240x262, 91K)

No, he just sucks at DMC1/RE style level design. Once he said 'fuck it' and made linear levels for 5 they became pretty good.

Weird secondary characters are often the best parts of any story. Arkham was a weird secondary character that suddenly got promoted to main villain for a spell. Same reason why V is so great, come to think of it.

It's also nice to see carefully laid plans come to fruition. 4 and 5 don't have much planning. Well, Sanctus had a plan but he was still improvising most of the time.

Förstå denna kuk i din röv tik

>having a conversation is bad
rather have these threads than the tards who post nothing but porn

>-Vergil is demon and dead after the end of DMC1, yet he shows years later mostly human in DMC5. What in the hell was he doing since we last saw him? How is he alive? Why didn't he show-up sooner? It must've been years.
Nelo was Vergil is a set of fancy mind controlling armor. After the events of DMC1, he was free but in a weakened state, wandering until he could recover Yamato.
>-Why is Dante's shop called Devil May Cry instead of Devils Never Cry?
Trish wanted to venture out into the world and discover herself, so they switched it back. DNC is a name they only used together.
>-Why does nobody care about all those people killed Urizen, which is totally Vergil's fault?
V and Urizen are two separate entities from Vergil, even though they're his own aspects; this trope has actually been seen a few times in anime, particularly DBZ. V is his human aspects like empathy, love, and so on. Urizen was his power autism taken to the logical extreme, with nothing holding it back.
V actually displayed regret not only for the Qliphoth situation but being an asshat in general for the past 20 years, and risked his life trying to help. When they merged back together, Vergil kept these feelings but also regained his severe autism. Also, Urizen was the distilled essence of Vergil's "Demons are the strongest and I need their power" belief, and Urizen got his dick kicked in by Dante. So between these things and the fact that they're brothers, Dante's willing to look the other way as long as Vergil's willing to seal the tree and murder the shit out of any demons they find.

Attached: 1543278750057.png (1518x878, 134K)

I haven't seen the anime, but remember that Trish is also using the most powerful sword in existence. And Lady in 4 and 5 seems to be a big step above Lady in 3. She has been getting stronger, even if she's not getting demon powers.

PLAYABLE VERGIL WHEN
REEEEEEEE

jesus christ vergil is so broken in that game

>mfw a large portion of the DMC fanbase unironically value story over gameplay

DMC3 putting a bigger emphasis on the story was a mistake. We need to go back to having small cutscene ratio like DMC1 again.

Attached: L9MlEPw_d.jpg (640x523, 21K)

>mfw a large portion of the DMC fanbase unironically value story over gameplay
You're free to discuss gameplay in the threads ya know

it's a character action game, the appeal is not just the pure raw gameplay but getting into the character your playing as. imagine if we cut nero from the game and somehow gave dante the ability to do all the buster attacks, it would feel "wrong" for dante to fight an enemy like that because he has a well established "goofy and stylish superhero" character which is reflected in the gameplay and what makes it fun, watching him suplex enemies or sadistically smash a demon's face into the ground wouldn't match his character.

having a good story that strongly expresses the characters is essential for a game like this

>The Dark Knight, Savior of Ladies, Defender of Crewcuts, Curer of father's autism, Slapper of Dante, First of His Name, Hulk rage never tempered, Son of Vergil, Nephew of Dante, Bully of Nico, Slayer of church girls, Grandson of the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda, Bearer of Arms, Badass Boy, True Love of Kyrie, Chad of Spardas, Buster of Demons, King of Shit Yeahs, Slayer of Evil, King of Sass, and Heart of Virtue. He sentences SCUM to DIE

Attached: 1559773584575.jpg (3840x2160, 577K)

It's more like DMC combat relies very largely on rule of cool. If Lady needs to fight off like a dozen demons singlehandedly, she can and will, provided she does it incredibly stylishly. She'll lose when the plot demands it, like fighting Dante in 3 or getting shitstomped by Urizen in 5, but handling mooks and lower bosses is no problem.
If she had her own game she'd probably kill some minor demonic god solo, but since she and Trish aren't typically playable, they're gonna give the spotlight to Dante and Nero.

Attached: 1427137189802.jpg (2150x3000, 1.36M)

>Dante's willing to look the other way as long as Vergil's willing to seal the tree and murder the shit out of any demons they find.
Reminder that Dante doesn't care about what Vergil did and neither should you.

Attached: x29.jpg (1260x1791, 319K)

>having a good story that strongly expresses the characters is essential for a game like this

No it isn't, Ninja Gaiden's story is almost always nonsense and it still manages to be great.

kekt

Trish only used her electric powers which are capable of causing DMC1 Dante pain.

>Dante doesn't care about what Vergil did and neither should you.
Pretty much. I think the people who say "Oh they should have killed Vergil" don't really understand how close brothers can be. The other thing is that now Vergil can atone for what he did by protecting humanity from demons, by killing them really stylishly, and atonement is preferable to executions in most justice systems.
Besides, they killed Vergil like twice and it didn't work. What are you gonna do, kill him a third time? He'd just raise another demon tower in DMC6.

Attached: 1553557782954.png (494x497, 667K)

Kill him harder and more stylishly.

Attached: 1556389696312.png (370x376, 171K)

The anime couldn't even get that right, they colored Trish's lightning blue instead of yellow.

>level design never had any significance in dmc
It did in the first one.

>progression too was always linear in dmc1
As opposed to what?

Kill vergil: die harder edition

It literally is. It has input animation frames for jump cancelling. At higher levels you will never see the moves come out in 5 as fast as they do in 4

>He'd just raise another demon tower in DMC6
Since he's a good boy now, will he raise a tower to benefit civilians?

he could open an orphanage to make amends for nero

youtube.com/watch?v=udUjUYWmWqY

>It has input animation frames for jump cancelling.
I've seen a webm with an infinite revolver, can you explain this?

4Dante just has so much more energy and power going into his attacks

>DMC6 Vergil has a donation meter

>The orphanage is the remains of a giant Hell tower

Well I mean Dante is an anti hero. Out of the 3 Nero is the one who is more traditionally the "bleeding heart" must save everyone hero. It was there when he got angry at the beginning when he saw the humans were being impaled and V stopped him from pushing himself to save them.

Hence why he was also the one who brought up the underworld taking over when Dante/Vergil were teasing each other. Dante is Wolverine, Nero is Cyclops with Spiderman tendencies.

Vergil is perfect though.

Attached: hdkjpszze.jpg (1200x675, 91K)

Yeah, there's a bit too much "realism" in DMC5's general artstyle that led to a toning down of the exaggerated action imo.

>vergil builds an amusement tower for the orphan kids

His forehead is totally normal, I don't get why some people are so butthurt about it. It's the exact same as his model. Maybe it's the fact that Vergil's hair are white, they make it looks like his forehead's bigger.

Attached: rrb75b0pofv21.jpg (750x1334, 131K)

Now

Attached: 1552168517614.jpg (526x767, 62K)

youtube.com/watch?v=udUjUYWmWqY&t=11m20s
SOUL vs SOULLESS

You mad bro

Tacking more shit on is not an evolution. Nero just has more moves. Dante just has new moves and new weapons, like he always does.

>Teal on black is disgusting.
That's my warframe colors...

Attached: no_hope.gif (500x338, 464K)

Vergil's hair is too high up which makes him look like he has a 5 head.

Attached: D8s-v5GUwAUQwV8.jpg (591x800, 125K)

Based.

this.

DMC5 was a disappoinntment to me. I've gone back to DMC3/4SE and Bayonetta.

There's so much wrong with 5 that people refuse to acknowledge that it's scary how much they're in denial

The things I hate the most about this game:
>One campaing for all characters simultaneously, when ideally it should be one campaign for each character
>The redesigns of Trish and Lady
>Nico
>The fact that Dante has to share the spotlight with Nero. DMC should be Dante's game mainly
>No ghotic atmosphere whatsoever

I love everything else though.

I love and hate 5 because it ruined every other game in the franchise for me.
>tfw can't go back to 3 or 4 because tedious backtracking and puzzles
>tfw can't go back to DmC because platforming
>tfw can't go back to DMC1 because puzzles and lack of cuuurazy

Don't find it too high for my part. I like his floofly hair.

>going back to DmC

Attached: download.jpg (1024x554, 87K)

Incessant cutscenes and loading screens, often times the former hiding the later so you can't even skip them right away, plus the story changing characters almost randomly, and the fact that V is in the game at all, make it less fun to replay. At least in 4 if I want to play as Dante I can start at his first mission and just go through it all, even better in 3 where you get a full game as him. It's in and out of the mission select screen to get the same thing in 5, no matter which character.

Most people acknowledge the flaws though. Also what you consider flaws may not be ones for others. It's not because you like the game that you are completely blind by it. 5 has become my favorite of the franchise but I can understand the anons who are disappointed by it. Some reasons for this are legit but some others are dumb though.

>Cainas have berserk mode
You must be referring to Antenoras, it's them who have berserk mode

Attached: 1553088735970.jpg (720x584, 33K)

From the back it looks good but if they had less volume on the front I think it would make his forehead look smaller. Also his hairline looks likes its receding a bit since they didn't mesh the hair and skin properly?

Attached: 1559537776073.jpg (2048x2048, 275K)

Both of them have additional mechanics added to them.
Nero's breakers fit with his high-risk/high-reward gambling playstyle, and he gets a second exceed. Less moves than Dante, but more complexity in each move.
Dante gets majin form combined with DTE to create the ultimate devil trigger system. He gets summon swords and another teleport option. He gets his outdated aerial rave and helmbreaker commands replaced. Swordmaster is almost a new style entirely now. The fist weapon is now way more complex than 'charge attacks to do more damage', which got boring. Dante's all about freedom, and this game gives you the most by making each style and weapon complete on its own.

The new shit they added to the characters fitting the spirit of their design isn't evolution, it's just not regressing.

No I think it's meshed properly but the fact that the hair's white may give the impression that it's receding. I do agree with the fact that the volume on the front add to this impression though even if for my part I have no problem with it and didn't pay attention to it before some people pointed it out.

Attached: 1554958189462.png (2560x1282, 1.71M)

Here's another side.

Attached: 1554958348208.png (2560x1301, 1.46M)

I got into this series after E3 2018. Played every game through twice, except for DMC2.
I don't see how anyone can prefer DMC4 to DMC5. 5 does literally everything 4 does, but better.

Attached: tumblr_npszqi4Ty01sbm5keo1_540.png (540x324, 165K)

Nah. I like it, but feels easy at times.

It's an evolution because it expands on the principles of each character's design, removing aspects that didn't belong as well as adding new ones.

Kek
Disgusting
DMC/2hu is unironically kino desu

Attached: DMC Love Live.jpg (1644x900, 276K)

>>One campaing for all characters simultaneously, when ideally it should be one campaign for each character
RE6 tried this and it was the worst RE game of all time multiple campaigns ensure that all of them would be super condensed, and even more dumpster fire. Multiple short broken down stories usually turn out more shit than one interwhoven one. And if you don't like multiple characters you're in the wrong series. There has been 3 games in the main series that launched with multiple characters compared to only 2 without. And seeing as the ones with the multiple characters are all the highest profitting in the series, they're not going to do away with it. There intention was always to make DMC like RE. So the moaning needs to go. Move on.

I like 4's atmosphere, and Credo is still my favourite boss fight. I find the Angelos in 4 more fun than the ones in 5 as well, even if they are a bit easier. Even if you don't count the SE content 4 has a lot to offer.

Yeah I see it, just thought the dark part around his temple weren't meshed properly but its just what you mentioned. His hair does look good but I guess some angles don't look that great for him. I still dislike the way his hair looks when he's inside the van with nero and turns his head .

It's just 4babbies.

Hum I think for the van, the problem is the lighting. It's highlighting his hair too much, if I can put it like that and by so, give too much attention to it. I understand your opinion, user. It's true that there is one scene where I think he looks weird. But for the rest of the game he is perfect in my opinion.

Attached: 1553716728436.gif (540x304, 2.84M)

Attached: 45416922_214472482815639_8451700980621653225_n.jpg (1080x1080, 70K)

>hating nico
Welllllllllllllllllllll....what can you say..that's the thing with franchises with multiple characters. Not everyone is going to appeal to everyone. There are still people to this day who don't like Claire. There are still people to this day who call Chris Redfield boring or Leon inconsistent and generic. Personally I fucking love Nico.

Attached: 1560555685285.jpg (1920x1080, 147K)

Having zero non-white protagonists really kills this game for me. The action is HYPE, but where is the diversity? I know this game is made in Japan, bur Japan needs to put in other races in their game if they want them to sell.

The sparda family are all half demons, there's your diversity and race mixing.

I bought and it maybe did like 6 missions, could not get into it at all. The boss battles I did were very underwhelming.

Plus I got like all the plot points spoiled from browsing this board.

I might try again in a few months but for now I've moved on to playing other things.

Everytime I see this picture I can't control the kek

Is Morrison getting blacked not enough for you? Oh wait you probably haven't watched the anime

Morrison is now black and Nico is of mixed race though.

>DMC V
>hard to get into
what the fuck? its the easiest one to get into aside from DmC DmC

I love Nico too. I guess she's just a hit or miss character. Some people adore 3 Dante and some people can't stand him, it's not exactly a problem for the series.

How so? You have to learn how to play a whole new character just when you start to get the hang with Nero. The moment you pick up Dante you're confronted with weapon switching and style switching, and you quickly get more weapons and a second devil trigger.

Dante's weapon switching and style switching can easily be avoided or learned in an hour (unless your a drooling retard)
not to mention just about everything else was casualized to hell. Royal Guard only punishing your DT if you don't get a perfect one, bigger window for royal release, jump canceling and iframes, not to mention its the easiest game in the series since the monsters are considerably weak even in DMD
game is great but if you ever played a DMC game, you can tell how painfully easy and casualized its become

btw, even with the breakers added in the game, Nero is still very easy and straight forward, not as much as 4 Nero but still
V is trash to play, he's a cool character but he's way too simple, especially when you just boost Shadow and Griffon with DT instead of using Nightmare

>It's scary that people don't share my exact opinion

>Bayonetta
why are reddit niggers trying to pretend to be fans of DMC?

Attached: 8b4b3d5096e090026aa949edf83a7b2a242928963991fef88e27a5638c863914.png (136x102, 25K)

Only 9 years till playable Vergil and Ladies Night

That DmC look turned me off the minute it was revealed. Then I saw more and it looks okay but it could have been so much better if they took off in the literal sense in every way from where DMC4 left us off with. DMC4's gameplay was perfect but nope instead they had to go all DmC on us and change too much.

Tell me this is bait? I literally just got done playing DmC, 5 plays nothing like it. Not a single character plays like Donte. And there is barely any forced grappling sections in this game, even less than 4 actually. HOW is it DmC kek

I think it's good but definitely wasn't the messiah everyone was hyping it up to be. Personally, even though I appreciate V as a walking DMC1 throwback he kills any momentum replaying the campaign has. The bosses were also really bland outside of choice ones like King Cerberus, Cavalier, and Vergil. I have never really been a fan of the "one-off" boss fights the series got later. Especially now when you don't even get a Devil Arm for most of them. Goliath is fine but nothing special and is also visually bland as fuck (DMC1 had a lava spider with pulsing lava blood, DMC3 had an interpretation of Cerberus covered in ice and chains, DMC5 is just a generic "brute" looking demon), Nidhogg is awful, Elder Geryon Knight is boring, Gilgamesh is awful, Mephas is utterly forgettable yet the story "tries" to pain her as something important compared to the other bosses, Artemis is a cool throwback visually but the boss fight itself is boring. All this combined with the awful story pacing, some really shitty enemies, and utter lack of costumes. Still like it a lot, but it could have been far better.

Why are DMC fans pretending to be action game fans? If you don't play DMC, Bayonetta, and NG on some level you opinions are worth less than dirt.

Attached: 2v93o1k.png (741x842, 49K)

I'm afraid you're describing those bosses better than they actually were, the spider was trash. And 5 Cerberus is better designed with more mechanics.

>can easily be avoided
I guess, but that's not an enjoyable way to play the game. I actually started the series with 4 a long time ago and quit halfway through because I got bored using the same cheap tactics like doing streak and buster all the time without knowing the fundamentals like how to avoid attacks while keeping stylish. Then years later I played DMC1, got my ass kicked, and slowly but surely made my way through the series, learning as I went. You can get through 5 without getting into the fundamentals and complex shit, but it won't be a fun experience.

NG is based, Bayo is just a QTE shit show, any action game with gimmick bosses that you just shoot shit at, doesn't deserve high praise.

>Bayo
>QTE shitshow

Keep parroting your retarded shit, I'm sure people will take you seriously

>spider was trash

git gud. Phantom and Cerberus as beginner bosses actually teach the player new things and how to change strategy. Goliath is just a brainless "wail on him until he dies" boss.

>he was a beginner boss that actually taught new things
KEK, nigga just jump from the ice blast and wail. Literally no more complex than running from Goliath dick sucking attack, he was just a boring boss with weak mechanics. You're just overselling it to make him sound better than he actually was a typical 3fag thing to do to try and cover up the fact a large portion of the bosses were shit tier.

Don't forget to tap Y to win.

DMC5 is low effort trash. Worst lvl design in series, literally nobody cares story and bossfights,
if you like it, kys my man

>samefagging this long

I liked how Phantom and Cerberus actually made you use some sort of strategy against them. Phantom forces players to stop mashing and hit weak points and Cerberus needs you to shoot his ice off. Goliath just doesn't have anything like that, you can literally just mash him to death.

What strategy? ice gets back on head, mash it off, continue to mash.

You can shoot the ice, you know. In fact using the Shotgun (you get it in the same mission) is the easiest way to get the ice off.

No the game is very good, solid mechanics but you are right lvl design is bad.
But the most important thing is that i think the game is flop for capcom.(2 millions)

capcom said dmc5 reinvigorated the franchise their faith in the franchise

Umm i'm sorry but forcing yourself to change up the play is NOT strategy that's YOU deciding to play differently. I can parry Goliath's fireball right back at him instead of dodging it. That's me playing differently not strategy as i'm not required to do it to get through the fight nor are you required to shoot the ice off cerb's head.

>fastest selling in the whole series
>flop
The 2 mil is from March only dummy.

It sold two million in the first two weeks, that's pretty good for a dmc game.

Shooting the ice has a clear advantage though, reflecting Goliath's fireball can be hit back at him but it's not something like shooting the ice off. You can destroy Goliath quickly without doing it, and sometimes he wont' even do it at all if you stay close to him.

The character switching would have been tolerable if V didn't exist. I think having him be playable is an unnecessary part of the game and actively takes away time from more interesting and fun characters.

Yes, yousr dlc are coming guys
Calm down.

Are you implying that Bayonetta DOESN'T have scripted QTE events? You literally press buttons in sequence to run, platform on shit, and hit boss in the same fashion of old God of War my dude lol.

Not anytime soon sadly.

Nigga, just mash. Cerb is literally easier.

It would have been better if there were more missions in which you could choose characters. Having only 2 is a let down.