This is so embarrassing

This is so embarrassing.

Attached: 1560582159051.png (1500x2000, 2.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gTOFksRBxeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pokemon has never, ever, ever been good for it's contemporary times compared to it's competitors
there has literally never ever been any time when Pokemon was impressive, it existed solely on the premise and designs but now even that is shit
Why not just play the above games instead you mong?

only pokemon is a long running established household name
you could mention pokemon to a 90 year old and they'd know it
there's a small chance they'd know mario, but more likely they know them as the plumber who kills turtles or some shit if that
zelda can get fucked, most people think "the elf is called zelda"
smash is competitive so plenty of people avoid it

>master class in open world game design

like, BotW is a really good game, but you literally can only think this if you've NEVER played an open world game before.

>pushes the switch to it's absolute limits
hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA

the only leg-up breath of the wild has over other openworld games is environmental interaction and no questmarkers

Just play Siralim, pleb

Attached: BRINGBACKNATDEX.jpg (1134x1131, 141K)

HGSS and B2W2 were pretty amazing, although they sold like shit.

>pushes the switch to it's absolute limits

POST YFW WHEN OP BTFO HIMSELF

Attached: 1559968854730.jpg (201x251, 11K)

I can agree on all of this except
>cut two major gameplay features
Fuck off, if there's one thing this game is doing right it's getting rid of z-moves and megas.

>user, thank you for retting me rive lent flee!
>Prease buy my game to help make it one of best serring title on Switch! Oh wait, it won't need your help!

Attached: cuck you lound eye.jpg (340x200, 16K)

>Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon run like shit because of "future-proofing"
>Scraps Pokemon in Sword and Shield

So what was the fucking point of making those fucking models for 3DS, and never use them again?

You're right, they're all embarrassing

It is funny how Pokemon being a stagnant repetitive boring ass series was always excused by people saying "w-well it's ONLY on a handheld console!" and now that Pokemon is finally getting its first main series entry on a "real" console, turns out that handheld shit was literally as good as they were capable of doing.

Which games this generation have done a better job at open-world than Breath of the Wild, honestly? I can't think of a single one

Smash also has potentially the worst online system to ever grace a functioning fighting game

You should not have put BOTW there bro, it almost feels like the shitty low budget shovelware that pokemon became. Put like Twilight Princess, Wind Waker or Ocarina there and praise it's game design or whatever.

Attached: 1526098123381.jpg (800x763, 82K)

I strongly agree, even though I think that's an unpopular opinion.

None of these are good games. Pokemons just following the trend of soulless cash grabs.

Pokemon is living, breathing proof that capitalism does not function as a meritocracy. The devs always put the BARE MINIMUM amount of effort from game to game to release a new title. There isn't a big budget pokemon game, and there likely never will be.

Pokemon is Gamefreak, not Nintendo. Gamefreak have historically been total fucking dogshit developers.
Why do you think that whole "Iwata compressed G/S into a small enough space to add Kanto" story exists?

>getting artistically upset about a game hardly anyone has played.

This is so embarrassing.

>botw gets praised
>Roaches crawl out the woodwork and start screeching
Every time

The Pokémon games actually only make up about 20% of the IP's entire income. And the majority of that is now with Pokémon GO.

The lion's share comes from merchandizing, licensing and other sources of income.

Gamefreak only receives the money from their own game sales and a certain split of the merchandizing for it. Nintendo and Creatures Inc. (which is also partly owned by Nintendo) get most of it.

So there is a power dynamic in which Nintendo is mostrly interested in creating a marketable game. One that generates a game every year for lots of merchandizing.

Game freak may not be as well funded as you'd think, but they have to churn out one Pokémon game every single year.

Even fucking Activision had the decency to split CoD game between 3 dev studios, so that every single CoD game has a 3 year development cycle, instead of one game per year. But gamefreak pretty much only ever has one year to fully dedicate to one Pokémon game.

nintendo sold off pokemon to another company
they don't strive for quality, they're just making garbage for retarded children

Every single of these games is designed for children, not for adults

Oblivion, skyrim, GTA?

You really expect anyone to read all that crap in the image?

>w-who said anything about BotW? I s-sure hope it wasn't praise

>nintendo sold off pokemon to another company
>they don't strive for quality, they're just making garbage for retarded children

Kek go wash Daddy's car kiddo.

Fuck off back to your containment board.

youtu.be/gTOFksRBxeU

Attached: Jibanyan.png (540x482, 190K)

user everything except nintendo wants yearly releases is true. I would rather say tpc wants this or gf came to this conclusion themselves because mobile is killing the gameindustry in japan. Pokemon also got heavy blows.

Lmao.

Please enlighten me what those games do better than BOTW as an open world game. I can think of quests and that's it. With the amount you interact with the environment in those games the whole world might as well be blank hallways. Might as well play a JRPG at that point.

>stealth BoTW thread

Attached: DVRDx0YW4AEbhb2.jpg (320x320, 15K)

Can Nintendo please buy out Game Freak and put an actually competent dev team on Pokemon?

Oblivon and Skyrim objectively have more content in their worlds.
BOTW is a better game, but it that is only because of the mechanics. The worldbuilding and world design is very empty and filled with the same formulaic content that you discover at the start of the game.
There is nothing beyond shrines, divine beasts and camps very roughly basically.

>Oblivion and Skyrim have better world design than BOTW

Oh im laffin. Todd is that you?

If people stopped buying this shit then Nintendo would take it off game freak

All those games are last gen

They're still using those exact same models, they're even using the same engine and animations. No one actually knows why GF is cutting Pokemon now.

Keep lying to yourself its one of the only games that does open world right. The witcher 3, red dead 2 etc would benefit more from being semi open world or even level based

Never played Oblivion, only played Morrowind, Skyrim, Skyrim with guns, Skyrim with guns:New Vegas, and Skyrim with guns 4. But, from what I remember, Bethesda's worlds are densely populated with dungeons(hallways) such that you don't need fast travel or a mount to get to one that's the closest, making it so that you can easily start your hallway clearing quickly if you're not particularly concerned about doing the shitty quests they have available. The combat sucking has little to do with how the map it self is designed. Not the guy you replied to by the way.

Attached: 1553137329886.gif (424x296, 1.04M)

Nope, you have to actually delude yourself if you think that BOTW world isn't empty compared to most openworld rpgs.

>never played game
>but here's my argument against said game
Lmao end yourself haha

>never played oblivion but played all other bethesda games
Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

The moment I saw the SM-esque engine in the first trailer I knew this was going to be another lazy generation wwww

Attached: hyrax.png (185x174, 55K)