So now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict?

So now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict?

Attached: 1529309294875.jpg (480x480, 128K)

Decent/kinda good game that could be great with some gameplay changes.
Probably the best dev team when it comes to multiplayer games, as they update it every week and release game changing updates every 3ish months.
Has a surprisingly very high skill ceiling.
Full of waifus
Devs that care

But it's popular so it's instantly bad according to nu Yea Forums, which jacks off to halo when halo was the exact same shit and not long ago you couldn't post halo here without getting bullied.

boring

IT has decent gunplay, a lot of variety in how you can approach fights. But the one thing that ruins it for me is the building. You can just spam build and get yourself out of any sticky situation.

kids game

my sisters boyfriend, and her three kids, all have a seperate PS4 and TV in the front room where they play fortnite constantly
i used to have based nephews who liked going outside and generally being human but her boyfriend fucking corrupted them
fuck fortnite

based and fpbppilled

Literally this epic is the only non degenerate developer out there, they doing a good job and earning honest money.

I'd give them that if they actually fixed the gameplay.
Building is far too strong and spread rng is too retarded.

Everything revolves around building and while it is a good mechanic in design, it's being abused to make the game incredibly dull and boring.
All the ways you could do shit, all the items, weapons, etc, all irrelevant sans few exceptions solely because they're not good vs building

>Has a surprisingly very high skill ceiling.
shoot guns
build walls (while pressing a couple of buttons and wildly swinging your mouse around)
only real gamers can get hold of these EPIC mechanics

yeah, my wife's boyfriend absolutely loves this game and sometimes even shows me his wonderful collection of skins!
fuck you and fuck your blogpost, nigger

>can't find a flaw
>eh eh I can't build = it's shit
play creative

It's cancer for those who have cancer tastes. /thread

It will make you a suicidal drug addict/10

Attached: djylbwaxoaeblok.jpg (943x1200, 174K)

i hate battle royale

>tabloid news

Building has a deceptively high skill cieling.
Dont be a clown.

I never played myself, but I will recognize is really popular

Attached: 1535121162659.webm (720x404, 2.68M)

>he cant crank 90s

"Competitive hide and go seek" is about as fun as it looks on paper.

However, I'm still thankful that it took over as The Game Of The Now, because you don't hear about MOBAs/ASSFAGGOTS anymore. And while Battle Royales are merely boring, MOBAs were actively painful and reduced people into screaming fucking cunts.

So, I don't play them or ever want to, but I don't resent them existing.

BR hype zoomers killed Titanfall 3. Gas them all!

WTF? Police should raid that pedo ring.
Fucking GROSS!

It gets meme’d on a lot, and y’all might call me out for being a shill, but this game is revolutionary for its track record

a fucking accidental global success; the concept was turned down initially on the idea board, Epic din’t even want to fund it fully at the start. The base game was doing so terribly that they became desperate and said fuck it

Fortmeme is still now the highest grossing vidya in the market, all because of a dumb idea to put building and BR together. It’s a chill game desu

Piece of shit that started off as a failed crafting multiplayer shooter mash up that sucked major ass. Then they ripped off PUBG and it went from sucking major ass to sucking less ass but still getting boring in like 2 days.

Then for some reason it got super popular despite it being kinda shitty. I guess because PUBG + free means low standards having children of poorfags ate it up meaning they also have shit standards and culture so they gobble up the lights and sounds.

>revolutionary

It's not revolutionary. Kids didn't have games to play and that was the game. That's it.

It is, as much as I hate to say it.

The idea of putting building in BR in a game like the original Fortnite to begin with was asinine and most people blew it off at the start

Like league of shits at the beginning of season 1, Riot were mostly unknown
at the time, and they revolutionized the genre for MOBA months after release

Fast forward today, Fortnut is one of the few games that gets a massive following for eSports and shit; It baffles me desu but hey that’s how it is. I wanna hate it but I can’t deny the track record

It's okay
Epic just copy and pasted PUBG's battle royal formula while keeping their original fortnite mechanics in the game. The fact that they made it free caused an explosion in popularity. But while the building mechanics were surprisingly deep, they were also broken as shit for a battle royal.
Epic has tried to nerf building since players discovered how broken it is. At one point you could see through your own walls by going into edit mode. It was so broken.
Ultimately, epic cluttered the map with so much bullshit that people stopped playing after season 8 launched. I just played it again for the first time in months this week and the skill level has dropped dramatically as people have lost interest. It's actually fun again despite the guns still being a bullshit bloomfest.

>eSports

Oh you're a marketer. Here's a tip: use esports. eSports is a buzzword used to appeal to boomer executives.

Have sex, incel

Marketer? Hell no, if I got paid to shill i’d be a twitch thot

how did this ever take off

Attached: the frog is not pleased.png (231x163, 16K)

B U N D A
U
N
D
A

>spam build and get yourself out of any sticky situation.

spoken like someone that has never played fortnite

Nu-Yea Forums still take normie fortnite hate trend, seriously?