Dark Souls has good gamepla-

Dark Souls has good gamepla-

Attached: Dark Souls.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

honestly its really simple
which is why so many people like it
there really isn't much depth and once you've played one you've played them all

I think the Balder Knight caught him on the very first possible frame of the turn around animation. You can see the legs start to turn when it hits him.

Of course it would happen to DSP.

yeah that was obvious, he tried to run away and got backstabbed because he was point blank
honestly theres no way someone can fail and fuck up as bad as this constantly
its just a stage persona
>i was only pretending to be retarded, i'm actually 200 IQ

You can see him turning around for a split second, before he forgets to relock target after the backstab.

Nah that's just manufactured reasoning

remember to sage and report eceleb threads

this
turns around and the next frame he's backstabbed

Attached: frame perfect.png (1268x1382, 2.3M)

>Clip of gameplay
>"REEEEE E-CELEBS!!!"
Are you fucking gay or what?

jojo reference? based

>reasoning
huh? That guy is right. He backstabs the enemy, which puts them on the ground. When this happens, the lock-on comes off the enemy. If you don't manually lock back on to the enemy and start walking away from the enemy, you will turn around, putting your back to them.

There's no "reasoning" to it, he was able to be back-stabbed because he's not locked on to the enemy.

When the hitboxes don't actually match up to character position, you know you got a shit game.
Very embarrassing.

If you say so.

Damn right bitch

Well it is a big big problem in a otherwise good game.

I would say it's a small problem. They are reasonably accurate most of the time. We're not going to the moon here.

It's fine. It's an aRPG. What are the comparable games? Gothic? Elder Scrolls?

Dragon's Dogma is better in the early game but falls apart when enemies just die immediately after the first bandit encounter. Ys is arguably better, but it's more arcade than adventure. Diablo is a different beast entirely.

Just picked this up, wish me luck bros.

Attached: file.png (1042x198, 218K)

Have fun. It's my favourite, but then I like King's Field so my standards are questionable.

yes I'm sure the generous backstab range which most players rarely find themselves on the receiving end of (except for in god awful pvp) invalidates the entire rest of the game
everyone is wrong, dark souls 1 shouldn't have been played by anyone or enjoyed for any of the other things it does, pack it up.
Here's your (you)

Attached: Are you for real-samson.png (1174x615, 853K)

Enclave had better gameplay than this shit. But came out when third-person hackers were everywhere.

Attached: 98888888888888888888888888888888888euiewywiueyw.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Be patient with it.

Agility iFrames
85 5
86 8
88 9
92 10
96 11
99 12
105 13
111 14
114 15
116 16

For reference, the iFrames of Dark Souls 1 are 9 for slow rolls, 11 for medium, 13 for fast, and 15 with the Dark Wood Grain Ring.

>"yes I'm sure the generous backstab range which most players rarely find themselves on the receiving end of (except for in god awful pvp)"
This is coping on another level

Attached: 151572086411.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

bump

I disagree, I found the controls to be way too physics-based to be satisfying, and enemies way too braindead.
The Dark Campaign's levels were legitimately fantastic looking, though.

no. something isn't liked because its simple. it's liked because it's robust yet simple. much like mario.

there are platformers infinitely more complicated than SMW, same with action games and dark souls. However both games allow you to take these seemingly simple mechanics and utilize them in interesting ways, that throw the player for a loop all while never being obtuse.

Look no further than kaizo mario or a really fun invasion in dark souls

it's why the japanese will always be superior to baka gaijjin. they understand a video game should be playable by anyone but impossible to master.

he turned his back and got backstabbed exactly as explained, you can even see it if you go frame by frame. Cope.

des, das, and das2 are piss baby easy if you pick any magic

The weapon and armor loadouts and the invasion mechanics make it robust to those who enjoy it. The high-poise hitty smashy is the simple part.

Misread your post, disregard me

>"He flipped 180 degrees instantaneously because Dank Souls!!!"
I think your retarded ass doesn't realize why people are criticizing the clip in the first place.

KING CRIMSON

He clearly turned around, and because Dark Souls values movement you can turn around immediately, unlike in garbage games like RDR2 where for MUH CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE there's a solid second of delay to every movement

stop posting dave

Yes, every human should handle like a double decker bus.
This is your brain on console gaming.

>hold back control stick
>character turns around instantly

sorry, are you saying people are making criticizing dark souls because it allows the player to change direction too fast while they're walking?

Fucking hate that shit. It was the worst in Mass Effect.

WUUHAAAATT
WUHAAAAAAAAAAT

Funny you say that considering all Fromsoftware games are basically unplayable on mouse and keyboard.
>character turns around instantly
except the animations don't reflect that hence why it teleports the direction for a backstab.

Yeah let me turn around instantaneously but please allow a few frames of the character turning around that don't actually adhere to the actual hitbox

y

good luck with the shitty movement and retarded iframes system that none of the other games implemented (for good reason)