I feel like I'm the only person still excited for this game

I feel like I'm the only person still excited for this game.

Attached: 70feecdb-2cbd-42d0-9588-704f15dc2e04.jpg (1920x835, 469K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QkIIIfARC0s
youtube.com/watch?v=7rNO8oa6Zws
youtube.com/watch?v=xChOXFJ83-g
youtube.com/watch?v=J3cRpYGVPsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're not. I'm excited as well. In fact, I'm more excited for this than Cyberpunk 2077's open world garbage. Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky together have yet to do me wrong.

epicshill confirmed

Pre-ordered it but the game still looks very uneven and messy in its visuals.

It's on the Microsoft store and the PC Gamepass as well.

>outer worlds
>cyberpunk
>bloodlines 2
pretty fucking good year for fps rpgs imo

Just get it on gamepass

I will wait and buy it on steam if ita really good.

OW is this year already. Only 3 months left.

I was never excited. The gameplay I've seen looked pretty bad, and I don't care nearly enough about story in games for even the best vidya story to outweigh monotonous, shitty gameplay.

I'm interested in it. The gameplay and world looks solid, but I gotta say there doesn't seem to be much good humor or great characterization with the game considering it keeps getting billed as Obsidian's second take on the nu-fallout formula and shit.

The stuff they demoed at E3 gave me some hope.

Did you watch the PAX gameplay with the movie studio mission? Even though it was a rough sketch of it with no voice-acting, I laughed a few times.

I forgot about this shit.
It's nu-vegas in space but only with humans and robots, right? I remember reading that there are no ayys or whatever

fuck obsidian for what they did to ydwin

Literally just looks like fallout 3

No, I haven't seen that gameplay footage, but will check it out and see.

There's no talking aliens, no, it's all monsters.

Monsters? Oh, so like Moon Wolves and Mars Rats or whatever
Neat

I mean, it looks bad, but come on. At least it has more colors than green and brown.

No man sky?

>it looks bad
it looks like fucking shit

>EGS

sorry, I can't do it.

Fair enough

After so many games I think I am just too used to Obsidian's games so my reaction is just "Meh, ok I guess"

>What were your influences for this game?

>Firefly and Futurama. I’ve been watching Futurama a lot again lately and the branding in our game is very much influenced by it. We used to be big Simpsons fans and there’s a couple prominent Easter eggs in Fallout that are from the Simpsons. On the writing side, besides Firefly, I had my writers look at things like Wes Anderson, the Coen Brothers, definitely Deadwood and True Grit. Obviously, we didn’t want to go that far, but we really wanted some of that flavor in there. I was also pushing them to read some early Vonnegut.

Thoughts?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

I'm very excited for this game, I hope it'll play like the fallout game we never got.
But I'm not getting it until that exclusive deal has ended though.

And you can just pirate it

i don't think you can fuck up an rpg with a silent protag with multiple dialogue options but the trailers sure ain't helping the case

>outer world really makes you feel like rick sanchez from adult swim's rick and morty - IGN

They also mentioned Brazil (the movie) as an inspiration, which is pretty good!

Attached: images.jpg (280x420, 21K)

I mean pirate to try sure, but if it plays as good as what I've seen I'll buy it. Just don't want the epic launcher anywhere near my pc.
I didn't know it was on microsoft store so I might pick it up from there, it be to much of a dream for it to be on GoG

I really don't like the setting and tone, from what I've seen. Completely unappealing

we all know their sole influence was rick and morty

>tfw futurama has become so obscure people think references to it are towards rick and morty

Attached: tiresome.png (419x524, 348K)

these games are only fun when highly modded, also the facial animations look like Oblivion it's weird.

$10 on steam and/or a healthy modding community and I'll buy it

So he just wants deadpan comedy the game?
Jesus christ

Futurama just has a better reputation so people don't use comparisons of it and it's fanbase to insult things

>Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky together have yet to do me wrong
This is where I'm at too. Fallout 1 and 2, Arcanum and Bloodlines. That's a 4-0 score.

I'm still really happy this isn't open world shit.

Why would a game like this ignore Metropolis?

Attached: Ch04_Image07_large.jpg (906x2100, 595K)

or even this version of Metropolis?

Attached: tumblr_nubwwyKr7s1r0hv7to1_1280.jpg (1068x1520, 620K)

There's just been so often that old veteran directors have returned to the field and been embarrassed. Tim Cain's legacy is so good and it'd be a shame to see him lose face over modern writing trends.

Still, I'm a little more excited now that it's confirmed not open world. That means legitimately designed areas.

I'll play it but I'm not sure how good it will be. Gameplay and animations look very janky, let's just hope the exploration and story are good enough to carry it.

Why? It won't come out for next year or something.

I told you fags bugsidian doesn't make good games when it was announced but you were still chasing the high of fallout 76 shitting the bed and outer worlds being "from the creators of the original fallouts"

Both Pillars games were good.

I think it goes without saying that a science fiction game is influenced by metropolist. Just because he hasn't listed something doesn't mean they're ignoring them.

are there even any of those people who made fallout left at obsidian?

You mean aside from Leonard Boyarsky and Tim Cain, the lead developers of Fallout 1?

Attached: Yeethonk.png (600x600, 73K)

Well, Tim Cain.

But the original director of Wasteland returned to direct Wasteland 2 and that game turned out pretty fucking underwhelming.

that's what i was asking. i know what's his face got shafted and pushed out

If you mean "THE BULL! THE BEAR!" Chris Avellone, he didn't even work on Fallout 1.
Anyways, there are a few Troika and Interplay guys over there, but Boyarsky and Cain are the people whose name I remember. I think I remember Cain saying that from their big ass development team, 3% worked on Fallout 1 and 20% worked on New Vegas.

Day one pirate.

Uneven is exactly how I'd describe it. You have some really nice looking areas with screenshots and it tends to look very good at night and indoors.

Attached: 31227.jpg (1920x1080, 750K)

This looks like an outdoor mall I live by. Just about as empty too.

The Daedra aren't real, Toddy

Then you have shit like this

Attached: 31229.jpg (800x450, 246K)

That dog looks disappointed that he can't eat whatever the thing is because its on fire and dogs have no concept of anything ever changing.

I'm mostly worried because Obsidian has collected some very mediocre writers over the years. Great writing can lift up shitty gameplay. But great gameplay will never lift up shitty writing.

Attached: 1560552335551.jpg (900x675, 155K)

They're under Boyarsky's direction so there's hope yet. I don't think we're gonna get another Kills-In-Shadows.

>Boyarsky's direction
did you know he's one of the parties responsible for all the lore rape and saturday morning cartoon villains in diablo 3? he's part of the problem.

But he did Fallout... And Arcanum... And Bloodlines.. I don't give enough of a shit about Diablo so I can't speak for that.

Looks like a shittier version of Fallout 3.

Epic epic epic epic epic epic

The trailer shown at E3 made it look like a heavly modded New Vegas especially the characters.

>M-MORTY *burp*

Yeah, it's weird, considering it's a new engine.

ill be pirating it

This game already has more choice than Fallout 3 and they only showed off 2 quests

>no modding support

Attached: aniki.jpg (480x360, 16K)

So do we know if this will be available on the Windows Store on release or EGS timed-exclusive? I don't care if it's on Steam or MS Store as long as it's not the Chinese.

It will be on both the Windows Store and the PC Game Pass at release date.

im into it

what the fuck is this

an anime based on the 1927 Metropolis, it is extremely well animated it came out in 2001, you can watch it on YouTube but it really doesn't do it justice you should really buy it or download it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QkIIIfARC0s

Obsidian without Avellone is Bethesda tier

> gamepass
Not just something digital, its a lease of something digital.

Attached: 1560591283735.jpg (350x372, 34K)

Azmodan in d3 is still probably the biggest hack job ever.

that talks to an authentication server, gamepass might not work offline unless they have it restricted to 1 month check in like they used to.

Look, dude, I like Chris Avellone, but people pretending he's flawless and not responsible for a couple of stinkers himself are delusional. He didn't make Numenera's and Original Sin 2's writing any less shit.

I like Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky combined much more than Chris Avellone alone. They have a much better track record.

I'd buy it but it's not available on steam/gog

Oh wait he did

Writing is overrated. C&C matters more than actual writing quality.

>Muh Avellone
cringe

You're delusional and forgot how awful Fallout 3 looks

Attached: medium_1_screenshot.png (640x360, 497K)

>Anti-Corporate Propaganda
pass

It's about as much anti-corporate propaganda as Fallout is anti-nuclear propaganda.

and it's a good thing, I hope he puts (((merchants))) in this game too, like he did in arcanum

>Be anti-Jews
>Be pro-Corporations
I never understood this. The "muh marxism" bullshit is stupid.

Nothing wrong with disliking nukes but I'm not a communist, sorry.

>Being anti-communist means you must be pro-corporatism.
Kill yourself brainlet.

but you are a Marxist

>Any form of corporate regulation is communism
This is your mind on /pol/

Epic store shit killed my hype but I'm still gonna play the game

You think this game is gonna end up being a Yea Forums cult classic?

It's gonna release to not that much fanfare, sell well but not that well. I expect the game will become much more popular as time builds up. I'm sensing a Dishonored 1 tier love for it from Yea Forums in 5 years.

Excited to pirate.

Why would you pirate my game?

Attached: 16836006_1287140057999774_8493896558171106354_o-2-1.jpg (1400x853, 342K)

>Graphics look meh
>Gameplay already confirmed shit
>Epic exclusive

I haven't pirated a game in 9 years. I'm not a poor fag. But fuck epic and fuck them for going that route.

Crash and burn please.

Attached: index(2).png (300x168, 3K)

>>Gameplay already confirmed shit
Looks decent to me
>>Epic exclusive
Microsoft store or PC game pass as well

>muh ebil capitalism
Ok, gomme, give me your game for free.

Attached: IMG_0484.png (500x503, 137K)

I'm getting all 3. Can't wait

Attached: 1560220385038.jpg (357x384, 30K)

>still being excited after all those gameplay videos

fucking how/why? It looks like dog shit

Attached: 1507704204162.jpg (640x640, 13K)

As soon as I saw gameplay I lost all faith in this game.

The writing looks above average, the reactivity and RPG choices look good and the combat looks decent at worst with perfectly serviceable gunplay. The setting looks very well thought out and some of the humor lands with me. That's why.

communism/capitalism isn't a dichotomy, just because capitalism creates problems doesn't mean anyone who complains about them is a communist

It obviously plays better than New Vegas.

LOL BORDERLANDS HUMOR IS SO FUNNEH XDD

Attached: 1560425470436.jpg (900x900, 1.13M)

this and accepting the dichotomy literally is marxist thinking, capitalism doesn't even exist, the name suggest that it's some one unified system, when in reality there are countless variations with their problems and benefits

I know this is like the 100th time this image gets posted, but:
>NOT Open-World
>NO lockpicking or hacking minigames
>NO romanceable NPCs
These are all unironically good things

It's going to be the same janky barely working shit as Nu Vegas except with a smaller map and horrible le wacky writing judging by the trailers.
What happened? I thought Obsidian was supposed to be good at writing?

>Nu Vegas except with a smaller map
Good. Nu Vegas map was too big with the open world shit. It's pretty obvious they only did it that way because they had to follow Bethesda's shitty open world design.
>and horrible le wacky writing
Writing looks good to me

>no content good!
Sasuga Obsidrone

Attached: 1506546503036.png (645x729, 137K)

will this use denuvo?

>He's too retarded to understand what content bloat is
Found the Bethesda drone

As far as Westerns and Sci-fi goes it's all pretty pleb stuff but it's all harmless and at the end of the day none of those influences should have any great effect on gameplay so it will probably work out fine.

Firefly is so over-rated

GoG would be nice, but Cyberpunk and VtMB 2 are both releasing there already, so I cant complain. What a time to be alive.

From what I saw enemies just stood in place while you shot them.

>But great gameplay will never lift up shitty writing.

This is literally the worst opinion I've ever seen on Yea Forums. You are wrong on so many levels even when I try to stop thinking about how wrong you are and start thinking about something else it only reminds me of how wrong and fucking stupid you are. GET OUT OF MY HEAD DUMMY!

Attached: 1410708974797.jpg (197x271, 32K)

yeah the gunplay and melee in outer worlds is outer this world bad, its on a pre alpha level

Demos are always on the easiest difficulty.

All of the diablo games had cartoon villains what the fuck are you on about?

It's ok when my nostalgia title does it.

Nice. If there's anything that's been indisputably great about the latest Obsidian games, it's their soundtrack.

Attached: Nice.jpg (472x310, 25K)

They're on MS payroll now why would they sell out to Epic

i will never understand the people that make these

They sold out to both. That's why it's on both the Epic Store and also the Microsoft Store.

it wasn't their decision, the publisher decides that

I GOT A FEELING

So.... Take-Two or Microsoft?

>Today, I shall remind them

Attached: obsidian writing.png (1540x378, 771K)

>But wait, it gets worse

Attached: obsiohno.jpg (1258x581, 200K)

Sounds good
That guy is no longer at Obsidian and hasn't been for a while

I think it looks great

>t.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (590x646, 62K)

>obsidiots will defend this

Attached: obsidian_ohnonono.jpg (1192x3786, 1.13M)

Sample of the Senior Narrative Designers previous work:

Attached: obsidian kills in shadow.png (713x890, 891K)

remember, obsidian fanboys want MORE gays in their games.

Attached: Obsidian_writing.png (1080x3744, 495K)

This game has no romance, my shitposting friend.

>The pronoung gang is at it again

Attached: We live in a Solaris.jpg (245x199, 13K)

Well, Bloodlines and Cyberpunk 2077 also get brutalized by this kind of political shitflinging, so it's only fair Outer World does too. Yea Forums charming as always.

Is this parody or something, wtf I'm I reading here?

Attached: 'old on.png (500x500, 106K)

OHONONONONOONONONO
fuck this Im not even pirating this pozzed shit

>quirky sense of humor

Attached: bf8.png (358x310, 260K)

Obvious samefag

You're good

Attached: Nice.jpg (335x116, 8K)

>video sexism and video games panel

Yeah, I'm starting to see why the gameplay looked as awful as it did. Holy shit.

Seems like I saved myself 60 buckeroos.

Attached: 1550753954684.gif (639x720, 439K)

samefag

samefag

Attached: Story of obsidian fanboy.jpg (1416x3794, 1M)

Fake, nobody has ever provided source for this

>follow the magical journey of Rick Marx and Morty in this brand new, quirky and humorous reddit adventure
Hard pass

What is this? Some fanfic self insert or character from their game?

Cringe either way.

Attached: 1508535800806.jpg (1191x670, 82K)

Im being realistic about it, there's just too much color
color is to make it more exciting for idiots
this is evidence that they're willing to make all kinds of concessions to morons to generate more sales

Super obvious samefag

People like this are the reason why vidya has gone to shit.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Attached: 1519773738295.jpg (369x368, 47K)

>Obshitian
Get fucked. Another garbage SJW game filled with knowyourmeme tier humor.

I think you meant to say that new vegas was so good because it was based on a design document by a talented guy a long time ago?
and the other stuff that obsidian has done isnt that great?

>Bloodlines 2 is pozzed
>Cyberpunk 2077 is pozzed
>The Outer Worlds is pozzed
I JUST WANT A GOOD RPG

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 16K)

Lets see if we can summon the legendary super autist and have her update the pasta this time.

THERE YOU ARE, MORTY.

GUESS Y-Y-YOU'RE KINDA, LIKE, WONDERING WHAT'S BUUUURP GOING ON, HUH, MORTY?

WELL, BEFORE WE BEGIN, MORTY, YOU-YOU'RE NOT EXPERIENCING ANY EXPLOSIVE CELL DEATH, ARE YOU MORTY? YOU KNOW WHAT EXPLOSIVE CELL DEATH IS, RIGHT? IT'S WHEN Y-Y-YOUR CELLS JUST BUUUUURP EXPLODE IN TO, LIKE, A GAJILLION PIECES. NO? ALRIGHT, THAT'S GREAT, MORTY.

L-L-LISTEN, MORTY, WE GOTTA TAKE OUT THE EVIL INTERGALACTIC SPACE CORPORATIONS, MORTY, BECAUSE THEY'RE PROFITEERING FROM SPACE AND STUFF, MORTY. YOU KNOW? LIKE, FUCK CORPORATIONS, AM I RIGHT, MORTY? THEY'RE PUTTING DOWN THE LITTLE GUY WITH THEIR CAPITALIST BULLSHIT, MORTY.

WE BUUUURP ALSO GOTTA RESCUE SOME SPACE COLONISTS, MORTY, B-B-BUT THEY'RE NOT BAD COLONISTS LIKE THOSE OLD WHITE ONES BACK ON EARTH, MORTY, ALRIGHT? THESE ARE GOOD COLONISTS, NOT RACIST ONES, OKAY?

YES, WE'RE IN A ZANY, BORDERLANDS/FALLOUT RIPOFF GAME, MORTY, WHY NOT TAKE ALREADY ESTABLISHED, SUCCESSFUL FORMULAS AND SMASH THEM TOGETHER LIKE CREATING A DESIGNER DOG BREED MONGREL, HUH, MORTY? WE'RE GUARANTEED TO MAKE MILLIONS.

LET'S GET BUUUUUURP STARTED, MORTY.

Attached: outer rick and worlds.jpg (740x429, 118K)

Here are your choices

Attached: 1560353378071.png (2213x412, 1.34M)

>western games and western developers are pozzed
ftfy.

>No RPGs for /pol/tards
And That's Unironically A Good Thing™

It's an rpg so a lot of things can go wrong with it making it mediocre or even outright shit, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

They're all gonna be praised during the first week then ravaged from then on.

Attached: 1481589125436.jpg (1199x805, 160K)

Funny how this thread was dying before this autistic retard arrived, now there are 10 negative comments every second, imagine being so pathetic that you samefag to this degree

>GRRM
Pozzed

>Tifa's tits reduced
Pozzed

>Larian pandering to literal faggots
Pozzed

As I said, I just want a good RPG

Yeah, it's pretty obvious samefagging

damn son

Go play the old un"pozzed" classics, faggot. /pol/tards not welcome.

which game is the first one?

I'm not sure how fucked Cyberpunk is yet, granted I haven't been following it that closely but last I heard there was something about a tranny in a tweet or something, but (for now) it doesn't seem all that doomed. Whether or not there is going to be modsupport, and what kind, is going to be the desiding factor for me.

Attached: outer Ricks.png (425x767, 426K)

Elden Ring

>He doesn't know
Not even Outer Worlds pulls this shit, last I heard.

Attached: 1560541640562.png (744x781, 501K)

And so falls the Polish EA.

Attached: 1447898545680.png (800x815, 734K)

>there’s not a middle ground between being an unironic Nazi and trannie women worshipping

Attached: C5705844-A2C9-45AE-B95E-AF1374A08136.png (607x604, 83K)

>/pol/niggers unable to enjoy a single RPG because every developer shits on them
Good. That's what ya deserve, Mortyposter.

OHNONONONO

I don't dye my hair, don't want to go to a death camp and will enjoy The Outer Worlds as soon as it comes out, my man. Sorry about your aids riddled brain.

well they probably will

as soon as one big game team does it, they're going to demand it in every game or otherwise that game is being transphobic

I think their publisher expecting this game to fail, that's why it's epic store exclusive. They rather take paycheck than rely on sales. Already sounds bad.

Attached: sad.jpg (447x303, 43K)

It's on the microsoft store and pc gamepass

Wow, cool it with the homophobic racism.

Yikes. Although how is it going to implemented? Is is just being able to have male body and go by female pronouns or full on axe wound?

Attached: rick disappoint.jpg (1180x603, 179K)

cope

______cope

You can literally pick up a copy at best buy

I can't imagine why any publisher would ever expect anything from an Obsidian game but failure. There's only one time in history Obsidian hasn't failed and that's because they were 100% carried by Bethesda.

Why does Outer Worlds like it's on gamebryo when it's on unreal engine? Did they just go out of their way to emulate the janky shit from New Vegas?

I actively don't want to buy any games on epic and the windows store is mediocre at best, so that's definitely taken the wind out of my sails.

Tim Sweeney just spends all of his time making shitposts on twitter about all the GREAT games they now have on EGS and how the HATERS will just keep supporting steam and BY THE WAY HAVE I MENTIONED STEAM GOUGES DEVELOPERS

fucking sperg

The things that remind me of New Vegas are the close-face dialogues (which are a Leonard Boyarsky theme more than anything else) and the third person camera action shot for crits. Aside from that, I don't think they look all that similar.

This.

The gameplay (and the commentary) looked fucking awful. If it was so early in the development that they can't have anyone responding to them killing people in middle of city then why draw so much attention to it.
Combat looked awful and the weapons looked somehow boring as well, and the map design also looked somehow "off".

And then the fucking dialogue and them constantly laughing at their own jokes.

Attached: 048948213051.png (250x250, 111K)

Attached: NV.png (1004x193, 116K)

Your chinese friends already paid for my copy.

>If it was so early in the development that they can't have anyone responding to them killing people in middle of city then why draw so much attention to it.
People did respond, it's just the alert range was very small. That was probably intentional.

The animations and gun mechanics look straight up like New Vegas.

>The shooting looks bad
The fuck are you faggots talking about? It looks genuinely good. Definitely miles ahead of New Vegas, for example.

Get your eyes checked: youtube.com/watch?v=7rNO8oa6Zws

If this looks like "bad shooting" to you, then I'd love to know what First Person RPGs you enjoy playing.

Attached: 782.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

What the fuck happened here?
Did everyone get replaced by diversity hires?

Attached: 1555027058293.png (412x393, 56K)

no, they just left by themselves

No. They're still being led by Cain and Boyarsky.

>Definitely miles ahead of New Vegas
You are fucking crazy. It looks just as lackluster.

>make an in-game option to be called a woman while playing a man
>dev now looks progressive and inclusive and other shit
>poltards get ass blasted like always
sounds like a great move on their part

Notice how he avoided the
>then I'd love to know what First Person RPGs you enjoy playing
part

uuum...

Attached: Sketch (73).png (1110x618, 638K)

What, is this another character that looks vaguely like some comedy cartoon from reddit?

I think I'm gonna pass on this one sempai

I notice that that's irrelevant to the claim that is being contested.

Imagine being so low IQ that you can't tell when a dev team is incompetent.

>As long as everything is shit, this is shit too
I see. Carry on.

no I think that guy was transported there from Cyberpunk 2020, If you want reddit heres PewDiePie

Attached: pewdiepie OW.png (1139x604, 710K)

You're literally mentally retarded if you still like Obsidian. They are easily one of the WORST developers ever.

Attached: Obsidian seal of approval.gif (800x450, 1.88M)

You feel wrongly

Attached: SS.jpg (694x528, 49K)

Nice try, shill. It doesn't look "miles better" than the shooting in NV. Go suck a dick.

You're right. It's just as shit as everything else, which is all shit.
t. Yea Forums

>You're literally mentally retarded if you still like Obsidian. They are easily one of the WORST developers ever.

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

Lost all interest for this when the first bit of gameplay came out. It just look so bland.

It would have been great if it had come out ten years ago but now it just looks like a disappointment.

Attached: 1508278039255.jpg (568x510, 80K)

Overblown hyperbole makes you sound like a child

What engine does this game use? It looks almost like a Fallout 4 mod to me.

UE4

>It's just as shit as everything else
We are only comparing to NV, retard. You are the one that decided to bring that comparison up, not me.

Unreal Engine 4

>hair moves out of sync with the head

How do you even manage that?

yes.

EU4 but they can only use gamebryo so they they can't take advantage of UE4's power.

the hype died when they showed gameplay some months ago and it looked like indie game trash

Then how have they fucked it up so much? I know Yea Forums is busy being triggered by sjws, trannies and problematic hair cuts but have none of you noticed how shitty the game is?

We have, but the usual counter to it is that Obsidian is a poor india company that can't afford anyone that can do their job.

My main problem with it is that the overall look of it is messy. Reminds me too much of Arcanum. That aside, I don't see what's fucked up about it.

engines dont make a game good brainlet

Found the certified retards.

Be complete incompetent as a developer.

All of the gameplay videos have that distinctive gamebryo jank.

you hope.

They just announced the release date at this E3. I'd be very surprised with a delay.

No fucking way this is the same Obsidian that wrote new vegas...

it's fake mate

why is she posting a selfie while talking about some panel?

it's a playable character from the game

Because it isn't. The head writer is someone that came onto the team with PoE and is the writer of two of the worst companions in RPGs, let alone Obsidian games.

What's fake?

Same lead developers as Fallout 1, 2, Arcanum and Bloodlines.

>preorder
>retard
checks out

Women, especially the white ones, are almost unanimously all narcissists.

I'm cautiously looking forward to it, amongst other things.

Attached: 1349518042064.gif (600x338, 1.31M)

>Same lead developers
Singular, the other one bailed long ago.
Even then it's likely that they would have only served as marketing ploys more than anything else.

you're lying to yourself

>Still, I'm a little more excited now that it's confirmed not open world. That means legitimately designed areas.

No, it doesn't mean that. You can have big zones like Outer Worlds and still have fields of nothing.

You niggers need to stop acting like this is a dichotomy. Good level design can apply to anything, including open world, even if historically it's not the case due to time constraints. Empty, bad level design can also apply to anything.

>Singular, the other one bailed long ago.
What? No. Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are both working hard on the game right now. Very misinformed shitposter.

>No, it doesn't mean that. You can have big zones like Outer Worlds and still have fields of nothing.
True
>Empty, bad level design can also apply to anything.
True
>Good level design can apply to anything, including open world
False

Not being open world is not a sufficient condition for good level design, but it is a requirement.

>game comes out
>it's a broken incomplete mess like every other obshitian game
>fanboys still gobble it down and ask for more
What's wrong with these "people"?

It isn't a requirement if in theory it's not impossible. I've actually played open worlds with tighter, more focused level design than games with segmented zones.

This might also depend on how we define open world in the first place.

>he didn’t get gamepass for three years for $1

>game comes out
>no sales, bad reviews because zoomers don't like RPG's with tons of dialogue, also because the gunplay falls below todays standards
>Obsidian fucking dies and people that worked there scatter across other studios
>only Yea Forums and other RPG enthusiasts liked it
>it becomes a cult classic few years later
>constant Yea Forums threads about it
Calling it now, screenshot this.

I have no hope for this game. Pillars of Eternity 2 might have been one of the worst written Western games in ages and the same people are doing the writing for Outer Worlds.

That's why I said "good", not "better than shit"

>Pillars of Eternity 2 might have been one of the worst written Western games in ages
Not even close. Original Sin 2 and Vampyr were worse, to name immediate examples that come to mind. Dumb hyperbole.
>b-b-b-but muh gay fish

the video

Sawyer amusingly enough admitted it during a Game Dev panel for PoE2 recently. Obsidian spent months pandering to the "woke, progressive and diverse" crowd, and in the end most of the people that bought the game were the kinds of people that frequent Yea Forums and RPGcodex.

Y-yeah! You tell him, based Obsibro!

Attached: 1505863307585.jpg (765x953, 239K)

Vampyr is just badly written, not offensively bad like Pillars 2.
>OS2
>bad writing

Why does gameplay looks so shit though? Have they learned nothing after New Vegas?

>Sawyer amusingly enough admitted it during a Game Dev panel for PoE2 recently
proof?

Link?

>becomes a cult classic
Obsidian fanboys are basically a cult, so you're not wrong.

>OS2
>Good writing
Right, this is who's criticizing writing lol

how can you faggots be so retarded that you think OS2 has good writing, have you even played the game?

Oof, is this the state of Obshitian cope?

That doesn't say anything though, since you're not indicating where you would draw the line.

okay, provide the source then

Google it yourself, revisionist faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=xChOXFJ83-g
here are some of the important things:
>streamers and casuals hated reading and wanted the game fully voiced back when it didn't have voice acting
>feedback from "psychotic games" and backers was ignored in favor of feedback from the "wider audience"
>this caused a problem when they got useless feedback while ignoring important feedback regarding difficulty and mechanics
>in the end, most of the people that bought the game are referred to as "hardcore gamers" and CRPG veterans

I never said it was good. Being mediocre is still better than bad.

Nobody wants to travel to an exotic planet with a punk girl who has a character arc and motivations.
They want to travel to distant places, ALONE and bang native chicks because that is the story of man.
Deal with it, cuckdevs

Attached: flat550x550075f.u1.jpg (550x500, 43K)

I checked it when they announced it fucking months ago, it's fake.. this is why you can't provide proof

Yes, you are, sjw shit eater

Not going to waste my time digging through old videos just to prove some revisionist fag wrong.

let me help you out, dumb nigger
youtube.com/watch?v=J3cRpYGVPsU
12:15

This

Have you played Deadfire?
>story is so non-existent it doesn't even have a proper villain, the final boss is a fucking statue that's just guarding an entrance
>on top of some of the worst written companions ever to grace RPGs

You just proved yourself wrong, dipshit. Try slowing down the video and you can clearly see it happens.

>Needs to be slowed down to even be visible
lol

It's not mediocre. It's bad. And worse than Deadfire. You defeat yourself in your hyperbole.

Excited to pirate the shit out of this game!!!!!!!

Attached: 1560214865282.gif (640x360, 2.61M)

You implied in your first post that Sawyer was talking about "muh diversity" boogeyman.

It's funny that you can tell the Rick and Morty jokes clearly pissed them off, they even changed the looks and the tone of the Rick look alike guy

They didn't change his tone at all. He was never anything like Morty.

It didn't have time to go bad, like every other show that lasted more than two seasons and wasn't a comedy. That's why all these nerds love it so much. It's not a fair comparison.

Attached: Rick by Obshitian.png (923x674, 1.13M)

That's a separate issue, were you around for Deadfire's development? The backer forums were abandoned and Obsidian moved all feedback to a hosted Discord, and all the Discord did was talk about minorities and gays. Any attempt to talk about lore or gameplay got you banned.

Cunts can't write for shit

>Any attempt to talk about lore or gameplay got you banned
I suspect you're full of shit.

>worse than Deadfire
>Maia whose companion quest is talking to all her ex-lovers
>Eder's which isn't even about him and completely forgot about his brother
>Tekehu's ego and garbage dialogue
>anything regarding the meme pirates

So you weren't around for it then, got it. If there are any /poeg/ anons here they can vouch for it, a bunch of them that tried to give gameplay feedback got chased out of the Discord.

2. [WITTY] *Tell this idiot to shove his garbage forum roleplaying tier writing up where the sun don't shine*

> don't treat me as a sex object
> give me compliments
> why are you starring, creep?
> do you think I'm pretty?
> equality for women!
> what happened to chivalry?
> I was raped
> but he was black so I never filed charges because I'm not racist

Attached: Source.png (500x300, 42K)

the world at e3 2019 looked fucking beautiful
gameplay and characters look like shit though

Getting all of those plus maybe Greedfall if Spiders fixes their backtracking bullshit.

Can you fuck the lesbian looking chick?

Holy shit, it's the retarded Larianigger shitposter, I haven't seen you since Deadfire bombed so hard it almost took down Obsidian.

So do you actually play Obsidian games, or are you just a New Vegas bandwagoner? I'm one of the first Deadfire backers.

You ever gonna provide evidence for your claim or just keep deflecting?

it's been delayed on PC because of Chinese communism

>Only one person in the world thinks forum roleplaying tier writing is bad
Nice boogeyman.

It's not. Microsoft Store and PC Game Pass are up on the day of release.

Obsidian is dead. Epic shit and LGBT shit game.

Looks good, but why does this game have no gore and gibs? Deadfire had that! Not to mention the Fallouts.

You have to be a bottom of the barrel fool to be excited for video games in this day and age.

Theres a law in China that you can't show gore or skeletons in vidya.

It looks like a looter shooter not an RPG and that utterly disgusts me. Borderlands, Destiny, and Warframe all fuckin' suck.

>Wes Anderson
>Futurama
>Deadwood
Absolutely based, im expecting pure kino

Attached: 6A78C12E-371F-44C5-B34B-083876F90D29.jpg (554x554, 64K)

It's definitely a real RPG. Most of the weapons are hand-placed in the normal places you'd expect them to be.
But if you're talking about the visuals, I agree. Not my thing.

It's almost a year and a half until it's out so no need for me to get excited yet.

Does this shit have V.A.T.S.?

it has a slow mo thing that works as the games vats

Kinda. You can activate a mode that slows everything down considerably and it lasts forever until you do an action (such as walking or shooting) but you still have to actually aim at body-parts, it doesn't just select them for you.

Good

God forbid you require to know how to shoot shit in a FPS.

>tfw mall era is over
>tfw no more hanging around game stores and reading magazines at the concession stands
>tfw you remember the birds that used to fly around your mall's atrium
Now the only people who go there are poor spicks who can't get deals on amazon

>No more spending an afternoon on the mall playing Madden with kids like it's the arcade

Why would you be excited from another game from the makers of the dullest RPG Of all time? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536155212687.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

>shootshootshoot DUDE JUST SHOOT EVERYTHING LMAO
>can't see your own character
>can't fly a spaceship in a space scifi game
>no different clothes and armor
How is this even an rpg? Because of dialogue choices? Does this mean AssCreed is also an rpg?

>>no different clothes and armor
I think you're wrong on this one.

Attached: re.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

>one fucking choice
>no chest,hands,legs options
Yikes

Based

I'm very excited but there's nothing to hype about. Choice is what will set the game apart, and we won't know the extent of player choice until it's out.

Did New Vegas have that?

It's just retarded americans in general desu

You can use stealth or speech skills to play through most of the game, according to the devs.

HOLY FUCKING SAMEFAG

Jesus fuck this is a let down

No, I am also very excited for it.

>only one slot for a full suit Fortnite style
... this is worse than I thought.

It looks fun, I'm not really hyping it up and making expectations but I will pick it up after the inevitable steam release

I was but then they delayed the PC release by a year

Can you creste a character?
Also, where it comes out.

Yes, you create your character at the start.

Any game play?

Footage of the creation, you mean? No. But apparently the conceit of it is gonna be that you're picking through the frozen bodies of the colonists until you "find" the one that looks like you. Also, you get to choose your shitty job you were gonna be if the colony had landed well, which has some skill point applications.

They killed the hype hard by selling out to Epic.

I'm still looking forward to playing it though. Definite day 1 pirate.

>Not open world
>More like Borderlands than Fallout in terms of humor and tone
>Reportedly very short

Interested but would rather have a good Fallout sequel. It's funny to me that Obsidian is dunking on Beth again though before they can even release Starfield.

Game looks like bargain bin fodder
Ill try it when its at half price, so a couple of months after release

Me too user, especially since I'm getting it F O R F R E E

Attached: 1556310644890.png (696x493, 335K)

if a games not on steam its ok to pirate it

>More like Borderlands than Fallout in terms of humor and tone
Doesn't feel that way at all. It's much more reminiscent of Fallout 1, 2 and Arcanum humor than Borderlands.

>Needing excuses to pirate games

>Being this big a Valve cuck

Does Epic also do the "box with a code inside" shtick?

Cringe. I feel sorry for you.

I'VE T-T-TURNED MY GAME INTO EUROJANK M-M-MORDY
I'M EUROJANKY RICK!

What’s wrong with Eurojank? I liked Elex.

What's with Yea Forums being so filled to the brim with Steam-only cucks? Kinda embarrassing.

Attached: 55rl.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

Epic store killed it for me, but it's gonna be on game pass too so now I care about it again.

Obsididrones already are a cult on Yea Forums

Am I an Obsididrone if I enjoyed Alpha Protocol, Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 and hated basically everything else they did?

Attached: how-men-and-women-take-photos.jpg (500x356, 34K)

>PoE2
>enjoyed
probably yeah.

>put game on epic store exclusively
>why don't you buy my game?
gee

>epic
I wont buy it there, at best I'll use the gamepass on pc for a month to try it out. I'll buy when it releases on Steam GoG version never ever fuck you 2k

>PC Gamepass as well.
Neat so I'll get outer worlds for just $5/mn?

>not on GoG
no buy

Anyone who's played video games these past years can immediately tells you this is a UE4 game from the vfx alone.

That is because you are Obsidian shills.

Because you are
Obsidian is sjw as fuck nowadays

Attached: 1556253884792.jpg (1280x720, 373K)

Why did Obsidian use UE4 when they could have used Gamebyro and allow in mods to fix the game.

So is everyone else. Even Square Enix fell to them. If you only play RPGs that aren't SJW, you have no options nowadays.

wow it's almost like announcing being an ebin gay store exclusive kills any goodwill people might have had

See:

Excuse me? The deal on the Windows Store was $1/mn for the first month only.

Depending on mods to fix your game is gay

Shit bait
That's not true
VTMB 2 is redpilled as fuck

Attached: 1556573284798.jpg (600x338, 151K)

Having no means of fixing a broken game, released by Obsidian which is known for having broken launches, is just as gay.

fpbp

>VTMB 2 is redpilled as fuck
>“It was very of its time,” Ellison said of the first game. “It approached certain topics differently. How we look at stuff has matured since then.”
>“It’s fifteen years later and things have changed,” Mitsoda said. “We have to be very sensitive about how we handle things like mental illness and that was a concern for us and for Paradox, in how we can make a mature story but if we do anything, we do our homework and make sure that we are punching up and not punching down.”
>“We talk about these issues constantly,” Ellison added. “Because we care about including people, we want them to feel powerful and sexy, and we don’t want them to feel like it’s not for them.”
>It’s not just politics where Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 takes a progressive approach. The character creator, which players get to use twice – once at the start to define your human aspects and then a second time later in the game to flesh out your vampire – goes way beyond basic male and female models. Body type, gender pronouns, employment history and fashion can all be toyed with for a very modular build.

>Same lead developers
Methinks you overate lead developers some

Yeah no thanks

it looked horrible
performance problems and shit
combat looks janky as hell too

They're 4 and 0. 4 great games when they work together. I have little reason to believe this will be different.

Obsididrones overrate their beloved devs?
Color me surprised.

People like is why Obsidian has gone straight down hill. They release trainwrecks and the cult will eat it up like it's a 100/100

Bloodlines 2 was definitely a trainwreck, but still great.

>We used to be big Simpsons fans and there’s a couple prominent Easter eggs in Fallout that are from the Simpsons
Sneed confirmed.

It sounds petty, but for me, the Epic store shit turned it from a Day 1 Buy to a Complete Edition 2 Years Later For At Least 75% Off Buy. I probably won't have enough spare time to play it when it comes out anway.

Attached: 1540861998557.png (345x258, 104K)

This game is just as ugly as Arcanum. Hopefully just as good, too.

Attached: ss_20e7a0206e35cde74e9caaafc989ea58bf8eb8e8.1920x1080.jpg (710x533, 89K)

>you don't want to download chinese spyware?
>you must be a steam cuck!

Attached: Kills-in-Shadow.jpg (600x600, 73K)

It's on the Microsoft Store and PC Gamepass as well

Either this, Phoenix Point or Sekiro are gonna be 2019's GOTY for sure.

Coke off Tim Sweeney's ass is a hell of a drug.

Are you really arguing that Fallout 1, 2, Arcanum and Bloodlines were bad games?

>shills dont exi-

based

cringe