The great debate

the great debate

Attached: images (97).jpg (739x415, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP, your image is literally 1 FPS.

1fps

Of course there’s no difference in a screenshot you retard

120 or bust.

This stopped being a debate once the idiots clinging to "much cinematic" 30 fps actually played on 60

dilate

nonargument fellow redditor

>the great debait

There is no debate. 60 is greater than 30 so it's better.

nigga they the same

A total of 90 fps?
Or 1 fps?

30 for cutscenes and 60 to 120 for gameplay

For me, it's 120
*dabs on 4k 60fpsbabs"

Actually, it's 1 frame being refreshed at the rate of your monitor.
Literally 60fps

Attached: 1557755041519.png (483x470, 184K)

More FPS the better. Sony rammed it down everyone's throat that 30 was superior and now that their next console is strong enough to (hopefully) run and a consistent 60 they dont have to act like games should be a lower fps like films.

You must be brilliant at golf.

Attached: m.png (739x415, 431K)

60FPS >>>> 35FPS+ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> muh perfectly paced 30FPS

>he doesnt run his monitor at 59hz

60 fps is meme for companies to steal your money its the same as 30 fps even 20 fps. 30 fps is all we need stop getting scammed.

That doesn't work, moron, you'd see more detail even downscaled.

But my monitor isn't 60hz.
Seems the joke is on you there, huh buddy?

Attached: 1551617092464s.jpg (125x112, 2K)

Only if you look at it for 1 second retards. You're not getting a new frame in the second second.

haha no
graphics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fps for normalfags, AAA console games will NEVER be 60fps unless they literally can’t work the hardware hard enough for it to cap out at 30

Attached: image.png (739x415, 431K)

my monitor runs at 1hz to save power

1080p. Capped at 60fps if it can handle it, or 30fps if it can't. None of this variable framerate or 2, 4, 8, whatever K bullshit.

higher is always better, but most people can easily play 60 fps, and many don't mind 30. I played god of war , spiderman, bloodborne etc at 30 fps and enjoyed it. Do I wish it was on pc instead, yes.

the great non-debate

Now do one with and without politics.

But I use an 85hz CRT.

30 fps is more realistic proof me wrong you can't.

my elven eyes perceive everything in 600fps

i always use an FPS frame limiter
100 FPS = 99
60 FPS = 59
30 = 29
it's so i have that extra little boost.

The great debate

Attached: 1560583417052.png (739x415, 385K)

All you're getting is broken framepacing you fat homo.

no i get better g-sync response and much cooler temps. it's a fact.

I choose 120hz.

Attached: cpu is actually a 9700k 5.1GHz.png (783x570, 44K)

Attached: 1560583815819.png (739x415, 385K)

>you'd see more detail even downscaled.
holy shit imagine being this fucking retarded hahahahaahahahahAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1559927181403.gif (320x180, 465K)

It's not a fact, you're just posting stupid shit for attention you obese cunt.

You will, that's how superscaling works. How did you manage to become this dumb?

holy shit, imagine being _this_ retarded
it's called supersampling and it reduces the need for anti-aliasing you dumb fucking brainlet

no it's a fact.
play a shit game like gta v and let it idle on the menu(s) screen. you'll burn your house down for the simple fact that there is no frame limit. when you get a little older and pay for you're hardware maybe you'll take care of it a little better. kid.

retards, now i know what it's called and i didn't even have to google it
hangar's open, give me the fucking plane, pussy

Attached: 1558846823045.jpg (3133x2097, 899K)

Oh, so you're 12.
It can only render as many frames as your refresh rate supports. Are you friends with that other idiot?

60 FPS is also pretty shit compared to 144

nobody plays gta v and idles on the menu screen, they usually load the game and, you know, actually play it

when you limit frames to an odd number you fuck up frame-dependent timing which basically every console-ported game uses to some degree. Yeah is reduces the runaway frames in the menu which is fine if you have a laptop, but it's totally pointless to do that to a desktop pc. it isn't going to burn your house down you scared little twit.

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

spoon-feeding retarded faggots like you are the most entertaining way to google

you're fucking retarded you gay cunt, if i give you the plane you'll try to stick it up your ass
fyad

wrong

wrong.
no one plays it. everyone idles in bunker/apartment watching CCTV. god you kids are stupid. kid.

based

cringe retards

>debate
Is there literally a single situation where you'd rather have less fps?

>It can only render as many frames as your refresh rate supports. Are you friends with that other idiot?

Attached: Stone-Cold122.gif (200x149, 1.09M)

Resoulution can be upscaled and downscaled its in the math 4x1 is 4 and 1x4 is 4 one upscales one downscales resolution idle is actually the tv not the xbox.

what the fuck happened here, officer?

>no one plays it. everyone idles in bunker/apartment watching CCTV. god you kids are stupid. kid.
and there the framerate is limited by actually having to render objects so the frames don't run away like in the menu, and your 59fps limit is pointless. just use v-sync you retarded faggot. you have the technical aptitude of a 5-year old child.

30 fps is fine for casual games, but it means input latency compared to 60 fps.

Also, 60 fps (with high sample, low shutter speed) per-object motion blur is better at conveying realism because your eyes literally aren't used to sharp cuts between frames. All fast motion is blurred and continuous for us.

Saying 30 fps is more cinematic is just apologizing for the bad cinema tech you got used to.

>2019
>v-sync
how poor are you?

suck on my nuts you fucking penis pump

2 2080s at 1080p for 1,000+ fps

Actually it's 30fps because our eyes can't appreciate anything beyond 30fps.

not poor enough to need to run a limited 59HZ/59
FPS in GTA V to keep my fucking computer from catching fire, obviously.

>the great debate
There is no debate, more frames = better. Fag.

Imagine reading this and then believing it, and then hitting Post anyway. Lmao.

>being that poor you can't afford to limit frames
hahaha
AHHHHAHAHH

How can people as stupid as you exist on this Earth? Is this what it’s like being raised in the xbox360/ps3/wii generation of gaming?

Resolution is not real its all the same Sony just sells 4k when its really 1k but both are x1 so your paying more for the same thing. Its a really secret scam but 1 x 4 4 x 1 tv models are hard to find to prove it.

vsync literally is a 60FPS frame limit you dumb fuck

if you're running a g-sync monitor at 59hz all you're doing is making the screen flicker and giving yourself a headache. total waste of money. You might as well be running v-sync, it's faster and smoother.

if you're not running a 100+ at the least you're just full of yourself
i went from the console standard of 24-27-30 fps to a 120 fps monitor and even at the same resolution it's like i'm literally playing a different game

being 2 (or 3) fps under your monitors refresh rate IS good for Gsync. can't confirm anything else that user said, but if you limit a Gsync set up, it prevents stuttering during a frame drop of 20fps or more.
This way you can turn on some of you post processing bullshit and pretty graphics, even if you can only get 120-144fps but not consistent 144, this will make it wayyyyy smoother.
Try 141fps limit in rivatuner for Killing floor 2 if you don't believe me, oh wait if you already had a gsync monitor you wouldn't have posted that BS.
It's a fix for a really specific issue, and many games have fps limit options in the settings anyway so you don't even need rivatuner.

even a 75hz monitor makes an enormous difference in reducing screen tearing and increasing perceived smoothness.

wrong. let me guess. you have an i5 and can play ONE game at a time in HD FULLSCREEEN!

he's limiting it to 59 hz, not 142 though
what's even the point of g-sync if you can't even do 60 FPS?

Everything you said is absolut wrong holy fuck

see

oh I must have lost that somewhere in the reply chain.
There would be absolutely no reason ever, to go that low.

you have no idea what you're talking about, please don't spread misinformation.

What's that? I can't hear your faggot bleating all the way out here.

Attached: Screenshot_0008.jpg (5760x1080, 403K)

multiple client gaming
something you kids apparently know nothing about.

didn't consider that to be fair

nvidia shills come out of the woodwork
don't you cunts have a malaysian dick to suck?

yes that is how v-sync works read a motherfucking book
it limits your framerate to the refresh rate of the monitor.

>image
the great retard

there is no great debate you are a retard if you cannot tell the difference.

>nvidia shills
nothing was said to suggest that, you amd schizo

It also means you get frame time spikes and additional lag the second your cpu or gpu can't keep up.

Freesync is the future and the best compromise between high settings / smooth performance /consistent frame times.

the great dilate

it's crazy that people dump a shit load of money into building a system and have no clue of its true potential.
but meh, their loss my gain i suppose.

>people defending a retard who runs his Gsync display at 59 hz as if it doesn't flicker like any fucking monitor does at 59 hz
>people telling me v-sync is not a frame limiter when it literally is

only nvidiots would be so dumb

but its not a frame limiter

you can't see at 60 fps

Attached: 1556761871831.jpg (601x680, 83K)

if you can maintain a constant 60 FPS there will almost never be a time at which your computer can't keep up, so the frametime spikes are only relevant to slower computers that should not run v-sync anyway.

eyes do not have frames, but they absolutely can "appreciate" far beyond 30.

then why does it literally limit your frame rate to 60 fps?

Right looks nice.

125 master race reporting in

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

it doesn't. it syncs the refresh rate. a frame limiter limits frames. pretty simple stuff. you prolly don't know that some monitors can be overclocked as well.

it's a debate only if you're a retard

>he think eyes can see at more than 30fps
lmao

Is there a noticeable difference between 120fps and 240? I'm trying to figure out what the cut-off point is.

Attached: 1560564716193.jpg (566x900, 142K)

the refresh rate is constant (on a normal monitor, anyway)
it doesn't change with game action. It isn't affected by processing limitations at all.
V-sync syncs the framerate WITH the refresh rate and it does this by limiting the frame rate to whatever your monitor's refresh rate is, so at 75 hz, with vsync on you should only get 75 FPS maximum. At 60 HZ you only get 60 FPS to play with.

it does NOT "sync" the refresh rate, that isn't dynamically adjustable by the game except on these freesync/g-sync monitors, and the crux of this argument is a guy running his expensive gayman monitor below the standard refresh rate of even a $20 wal-mart black friday special.

The difference is the same

Attached: 1515259496545.jpg (514x536, 54K)

why are you so angery?
is it a poor thing?

Attached: 1539363303522.jpg (387x182, 19K)

I believe the cut-off is somewhere between 200-300

I see literally no difference. OP is a fag and 60fps is a buzzword made by shills and paraded by FPS autists.

WTF they look the same

explaining things to simpletons is not anger user
i'm sorry most of you have been cucked by marketers into believing spending more money makes you better at video games lol

Attached: Pic_20180708_031130_3840x2160.jpg (3840x2160, 1.72M)

t. console poor

>already b8ed 100 people

you fools

now this is the actual shill -- but for whom?

the human eye cant see past 30fps

lol got em

except for the fact you yourself dont know the difference between frame limit and v-sync and it's purpose.

120FPS or 4k ?

Sub 20 FPS Master race

oh yeah?
get deez nuts

4k @ 25FPS BEST

I just want stable frame time

buy nvidia

have fun playing 2009 resolutions

Actually buy console
PC will never ever have stable frame time

Nah, I've explained it adequately several times and you caan easily google "v-sync" and get

>Short for Vertical Sync, Vsync is a display option found in some 3-D computer games that allow the gamer to synchronize the frame rate of the game with the monitor refresh rate for better stability.

as the first result.

>synchronize the frame rate of the game with the monitor refresh rate

and you do you do this? with a frame limiter. this is not rocket science, user. there is no special magic that makes it synchronize, it literally just limits frames.

>2019
>vsync
lel

I play games in 1280x720 @ 240Hz because I only play QUICK games that demand quick action.
Purple that prefer resolution over frame rate are fucking tourists, are you here to play the fucking game or to stand there and take pictures?

I mean you could probably get 1080p at 120fps, and it literally won't make a difference unless you have inhuman reaction speed because even peak competitive players don't get faster than a tenth of a second.

Attached: Untitled.png (1917x543, 726K)

It's mostly about tracking and getting info, not always reacting to it. But it also helps for prediction, I aprehend an object's speed better like this than at 120. I understand you're trying to help but for me there's no going back.

the master debate

Attached: yes.jpg (590x255, 34K)

Fair enough. Well I hope for your sake that computing improves fast and you'll be able to render some more pixels at 240fps.

240 Hz frame Chad here dabbing on you framelets

Attached: 49562153_275675799779147_7415989218184265728_n.jpg (320x320, 18K)

Frame rate is not linear. It isn't worth it.

Attached: DcszUGZV0AAGfVL.jpg (818x528, 53K)

>466520165

not much debate roach

based

cringe
worse than steveposters

nope. 144 is the lowest i'll go.

Doesn't matter. Even though 60fps is 16.6ms shorter than 30fps and 120fps is "only" 8.3ms shorter than 60fps, both gaps are equally noticeable.

>PCgaymer spends 2k on a rig
>compounding buggy code over 20 years has made every PC game suffer from microstrutter
Lmao at them

I really want to see this fables 120hz shit in person.

60 is ideal but honestly 30fps is fine if it's a constant 30.

So a 30fps game is running at 30fps but the monitor is still refreshing those 30 images 60 times. So s 30fps game is actually 60fps

Attached: truth.png (739x415, 334K)

there's no debate, there's people who know that you need to go 144hz and there's morons
there is nothing to discuss

Attached: 1557859978874.png (264x258, 56K)