How do i get into japanese fighting games?

How do i get into japanese fighting games?
Are my choices just SNK stuff and GG?

Attached: D9ALREsUcAEgjNa.jpg (1124x1500, 231K)

I've heard Mortal Kombat is fairly decent. Also, UNIST and BBCTB (DLC fest warning) is a thing.

tekken bro

>visits gamer girl for video games
>no makeups
>no shaving anywhere
>messy hair, deep eye bags
>tank top no bra
>burps and stratches butt openly
>eats cold pizza slice from 2 days ago
>gives you 2nd controller covered in cheetos

Some people in this thread RIGHT NOW are into this kind of girls. Ludicrous!

Attached: visiting gamer girl.jpg (2016x1356, 332K)

Same way you learn any fighting game
Learn the inputs and general flow of the game then learn simple combos and frame data, finally learn the more advanced techniques

Smash

I say user, I don't know much of the urban youth's favorite genre "fightans" but isn't Smash a party game/platformer?

Cute feet

this

no, it’s a fighting game. It has a roster, stages, footsies, hitboxes, frame datas and it’s at evo.
Pretty clear to me

UNIST is fairly easy to get into, especially when compared to BB and GG. It is much more grounded and has a phenomenal tutorial system that teaches you useful combos, techniques, and tactics.

Attached: 1557728943271.png (1000x725, 1008K)

play kof98, it's the most based

king of fighters and maybe smash

H-Haha, imagine getting turned on by stinky, hairy NEET girls.

>Some people in this thread RIGHT NOW are into this kind of girls.

You described my girlfriend very very closely. Deep eye bags and all. Sometimes complains that if you want day-old cold pizza, you have to order in advance because you can't get it delivered.

Fat people lmao yikes

This. Plus Yea Forums has regular lobbies Sunday-Thursday so you're bound to have people to play with.

There's one up right now as well coincidentally.

I wanna fuck and then marry Hikaru

it's okay if they have big tits

cute

It's not worth the effort if you don't have a local scene.

Go play UNI[st] with Yea Forums. They'll fuck you up hardcore but if you stick with it for a few months you might get a win.

>SNK
lmao that's for China and Mexico you retard. like nigga what are you even doing?
>GG
Dead franchise that only shows up every few years, has no support, and might take even more years to come out with a new version because arcsys sold out to make licensed games.
Just play UNIST. You'll have time to get ready for UNCL-R later in the year, and it has a dedicated scene that isn't a mess like BB, filled with the guys that hate their main scene like so they play this game like GG, or everyone that hates themselves because they're obligated to play like SF.
You'll just have to deal with evil old men that play Vatista, and then those fucking freaks that play Phonon.

>How do i get into japanese fighting games?
Turn to a nigger

Every game has that except for footsies and evo, and smash doesn't have footsies. They don't even have combos. They have shit they say is that so that they can coop FGC lingo to seem hip and cool and just like the FGC.

>Naked pipes

Attached: mario maker flashbacks.jpg (1124x2450, 294K)

Tekken, UNIST, Guilty Gear, Blazblue and Street Fighter would probably be your best bets, they all have active playerbases to at least some degree. Personally, I like Guilty Gear the most and would recommend that the most, but both it and UNIST are likely to have new versions next year, so you might want to hold off on those two and just wait for the new ones so that you'll be able to get in on it when there's a lot of other beginners for you to go against. I think BBCTB still has players, but for CF and stuff before it, you won't find too many people to play with unfortunately. Tekken and SF both have plenty of players, and Tekken at least is fine, I haven't played SFV myself so I can't comment on its quality, but I know plenty of people play it.

I think UNIST is a little harder to get into than GG, at least with Xrd, XX is harder to get into than UNIST.

Attached: 1557841702093.png (383x589, 252K)

this but unironically

Attached: 123135465468.jpg (187x206, 20K)

Why do women wear so much god damn makeup? Even when they're inside the house they wear makeup? Doing something like playing video games which can cause you to sweat, and they wear makeup? That makes no sense.

Soulcalibur is pretty beginner-friendly. Unist and GG have good tutorials but are a bit harder as anime games. Tekken has no tutorial and is super hard to get into but has a large playerbase.

Yeah that covers just about all the good games that aren't totally ded. I guess if you want a tag fighter you could play babytag, it's certainly better than DBFZ.

>They don't even have combos
It has the best combo system there is, di allows you to control your character while being comboed

>eats cold pizza slice from 2 days ago
Single downside.

melty blood is a lot of fun

Street Fighter is your best bet. Unfortunately, the latest game is pretty bad, but it's still the biggest fighter out there. Especially in Japan. Tekken's pretty good too, but more popular in Korea and the west. Anime games are fun, but have a much smaller playerbase.

UNIST and Tekken are your most active options right now. SC, GG, and BB are ded (the latter for good, possibly), DBFZ and SF are dormant until they get new shit in a month, and MK somehow managed to kill itself in record time.

Attached: 43d.gif (320x180, 1.08M)

Don't talk about fighting games on Yea Forums. This board is full of smashfags.

I don't know about SC and BB seeing as I don't own SC and haven't checked BB recently, but GG is not dead. It gets 100-200 players everyday, which isn't a lot, but the consistency of it is all you need, and it means you can easily get to play it everyday. I have an easier time getting games in GG than I do in UNIST even, though I will say I only occasionally try to play UNIST online and I regularly play GG online, but even still, in the former I often see one or no lobbies up where there's always at least some lobbies up in GG.

I feel like Xrd's combos have tighter timing than UNI's. UNI also has reverse beat and keeping up pressure always feel more lenient and fluid. GG also utilizes two more full fledged buttons than UNI. It also has air dashing, double jumps, air grabs, high jumps, and just more aerial combat in general. Also in GG, throw breaks are like 2 frame windows whereas in UNI you can tech a throw in 14. There are probably a few other things I'm overlooking, but I feel like UNIST is just all around more forgiving than Xrd.

I play mostly street fighter and you can't really get into multiple fighting games from the start, all my life I played sf online and offline. and wanted to try kof 98 even when I was comfortable with combos and doing hops I still couldn't do shit online because of a very very different primise and general flow.
I will recommend that if you aren't already familiar with any fighting game, choose a fighting game that is popular in your region since the real fun of fighting games comes from offline/local ask any fighting game player, they don't play them online only, online is just side thing but even if you are going for online only play, fighting games are really hard to play online because of the way the games are, so playing cross region or with a country which is far is literal torture.
if you are from a far away country with no community whatsoever, stick to ggpo/fightcade because fighting games are a waste or money if you can't get non laggy matches and all discords are mostly populated by Americans. or find a discord with your country people or neighboring country people.

Not the fucking cheeto dust controller? What is wrong with you?

>blazblue is now represented by cross tag battle instead of Centralfiction.

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

I do think UNIST is easier than Xrd, but I think Xrd is easier to get into because there's less annoyances, at least in my eyes, than there is in UNIST. Combos are generally longer in UNIST, there's no way to get out of a combo once you're in it aside from the other player dropping the combo and the lobby system being what it is in UNIST means that when you lose you'll have to sit and watch other people play for a while just for the chance to try again, at which point you'll almost certainly lose again if you're new, and then you have to wait even more. In Guilty Gear you have a lot of options which can be pretty overwhelming for a new player, but just having something like Burst, having combos be relatively short and being able to get right into another match whenever you lose most of the time all makes it feel like you spend more time in control and actually playing the game, which I think makes it easier to stick with the game as opposed to UNIST.

There are still some things that go against that in GG, I-No is a common character and any I-No who has the slightest idea of what they're doing will make a new player feel like they don't have any chance to play at all, but on the whole I think GG has less obstacles that can make losing over and over frustrating in comparison to UNIST.

You can clean in. But you can't make pizza fresh again.

Looking at steam numbers, SC seems to have a bigger playerbase than unist. I don't think I'd call GG ded either, there's still public lobbies all the time.

I play both and I agree that Xrd is overall the more difficult game.

Tekken, unist, SF.
Theorically GBFV will be a pretty beginner friendly game too.
The problem with SC is that the online structure is ASS, unless they changed stuff.
To invite people to play you needed to be friends with the guy, no rematch option. Fucking hell what a waste.

Forgot to mention that there isn't a single european in the Yea Forums threads so he should only bother with them if he's NA

There used to be a European in those threads I believe, but he stopped going. Those threads also go up at 4-5AM and thereabouts in Western Europe, so it's not really well suited for Europeans.

Yeah SC lobbies are bad, but ranked is really good so most people are there, it's got infinite rematches now. Basically the opposite situation from GG.

Play UNIST, go through the tutorial and practice some character's trials.The execution learned will carry to other Japanese fighting games.

Play melty blood, it sucks

Tekken

tag is so fucking garbage too

>pick a game you are interested in
>learn it's mechanics and characters
>make friends
>play game with friends

that's basically it

>tfw black and suck ass at marvel,anime and mk

I tried to get in like almost every anime and even own unist and I just can't cope.

Attached: dexter.jpg (736x734, 75K)

>>make friends
That's not easy for everyone, Thundercock-kun.

>can barley fight
>try to add someone after to learn
>no response

I don't blame them why would someone obligate themselves to wasting their time with a player much lower than their skill level? Its why I had to drop Xrd the game to me is like basically learning another language and everybody that was active when I played knew the ropes and its like this with every anime fighter I played.

try calibur

Easy to pick up, good balance, good character variety, strong neutral focus

Attached: 1554818033129.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

only choice is discord then

>barley
I think you made a pricey mistake user

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.png (680x574, 127K)

>Check if you have locals
>Play the games they play
There's your choices

Yeah you right but that's kinda of a requirement of fightan to get anywhere.

Yeah if you can't find someone around your skill level you're fucked. You'll probably have to look outside the game to find someone for more obscure or legacy games. Most fighting has some kind of discord or online community where you can find someone else your speed. Honestly the best way to learn is to show up for local events and just ask for help in casuals. Lotta players who want to teach are around.

>Honestly the best way to learn is to show up for local events and just ask for help in casuals

I'll never have the time to go to casuals and I don't make much money either. Driving for like an hour or 2 when I have like 6 hours free after work if I don't have any responsibilities is not feasible for me. Discord is an option but I haven't had much success and I hate the circle jerky chatroom nature of the platform. The most faggotry I can deal with is traditional forum.

>tfw live in a tiny-ass country with no FGC and no locals anywhere

Attached: 1560301772914.jpg (640x640, 60K)

live in kansas

Attached: 1544806317917.png (363x363, 114K)

Blazblue Central fiction

Attached: image0_1.jpg (590x760, 86K)

Yeah if you can't get to locals its a pretty uphill battle where you'll probably have to try and find an online community until locals are a realistic option.

play melty its free, but you have to use discord for matchmaking because its super old
alternatively fightcade stuff

>That image
I swear there is no better feeling

Attached: 1534048459068.jpg (565x922, 315K)

who is she?? she's a gravure model right?? her face is familiar with me, but i never remember her name.