But why is this a good thing?
Doesn't it take away from difficulty?

Attached: eb3.jpg (680x568, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKyT19o-Nl8
youtube.com/watch?v=tWSIHC2lvn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>complaining about variety

Attached: 3CBDD336-8E4D-4DA3-B703-AA73F44A0937.jpg (477x550, 31K)

This is a legit complaint

games like dishonored and many others just give you a large amout of toys to play with but don't bother to create actual challenges using them so you just get a bunch of overpowered stuff that doesn't force you to think about how you want to use it

Video games should be easy because they're escapist media you use to escape the crap real life throws at you.
Don't look for challenges in entertainment media, find them IRL.

not when they're trying to kill you dumbass

Video games shouldn't be interactive because that's just more work and that's the last thing I want to do after a long day of actual work.

if you want something easy just watch a movie

Is this what too long spending here does to you?

Attached: 12353112.gif (500x375, 360K)

If you need challenging videogames to feel superior to others, you're already inferior to everyone else, bub

If you need challenging math test to feel superior to others, you're already inferior to everyone else, bub

>LUL EPIC ENPEECEE REDDIT POST
You faggots just can't just leave reddit where it is, you just gotta bring that fucking trash with you wherever you fucking trannies.

>game has lots of ways to kill enemies
>quickly gravitate to whatever is the most efficient method
>game never encourages you to use anything else
>go on Yea Forums to complain about the game being boring
I'm pretty sure I never touched anything but the silenced tranq gun for the entirety of my mgs5 playthrough.

>don't create actual challenges
At that point you basically have to make the challenges up as you go along, but isn't that the fun of video games? To play how you want to?

youtube.com/watch?v=vKyT19o-Nl8

>Enemies can be killed with anything
>People shilling the game use the most complex method to kill simple enemies
botw

>At that point you basically have to make the challenges up as you go along, but isn't that the fun of video games? To play how you want to?

In case of dishonored the game might as well be a physics sandbox.
I'd rather get something interesting instead of Frag Video fuel.

Challenging video games IS my escapism

>MGS5
>Fuckton of guns
>Have to research them for IRL time
>No reason to do because you either CQC everyone or use the tranq gun
Just imagine how much better that game was if Kojimbo wasn't a complete retarded with time management
Imagine using all this lost time to make PP like GZ instead of an empty open world and actually complete the game

Attached: 1482614862978.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

Bumping thread because of this post.

This would be apply perfectly if real life was functioning alright but it doesn't, challenge and goals for self-fulfillment are sought after by gaymers because they're not pursuing anything of that sort irl.

What reasons do nurageface posters have for not killing themselves?
Seriously, I don’t get what makes them willing to get up in the morning.

NPC soulsfags spotted. You are the only one who cares about your e-achievements in middling normalfag games. I bet you're not even above average skill at that so just stop. I play games I enjoy and don't give a fuck if they're easy or hard because that shit is for pasty chinlets who gotta prove something with electronic toys

>Lol, nerds

cope

Do normalfags really think people play hard vidya to feel superior rather than just because they enjoy a challenge?
Getting my ass kicked by Nelo Angelo as a wee lad just made it all the more satisfying to pimpslap him across the face with Alastor.

Attached: 6558D462-24EF-4DCC-92B6-D1AEDACD424B.jpg (778x813, 362K)

What the fuck user. You DON'T like everything given to you on a silver plater? You actually want to feel like you may lose?
You dumb incel.

There's a difference between liking a challenge and being completely unable to stop yourself from masturbating online about how hardcore you are every chance you see, to the point of telling other people they play games wrong.

Seriously tho, why the fuck bother when you only have to hold 2 buttons?

Muh balance.

No, it doesn't. More options, more fun. Forcing one solution because MUH CHALLANGE is not fun.

>100 different guns/skills etc.
>only 1 or 2 guns/skills are objectively the most efficient
Every time. JRPGs and such are just meant for a very casual audience. Not every game is targeted for high skill ceiling like Halo.

He presents a false dichotomy, having more options doesn’t have to correlate to difficulty.

There’s nothing wrong with playing games on easy to enjoy the atmosphere/writing/music/art design or if you just wanna kick some ass.
Just stay out of the way of the hardcore crowd who want to talk about deeper mechanics and gameplay and everyone will be daijoubu.

Attached: 53FF631A-A248-4527-BA12-87EC1E317E01.png (191x258, 84K)

I'm in the same boat of preferring games that demand at least a bare minimum of interactive input from the player, to the point that I hate turn-based JRPGs because they're so slow and boring it's like cycling through a DVD menu. But some people like that shit, I'm not one to say it shouldn't exist or shouldn't be played at all

>wojak/pepe poster
>is retarded
Every time without fail

youtube.com/watch?v=tWSIHC2lvn4
>jindosh shoots at corvo
>corvo freezes time
>possessses him
>walk him in front of his own bullet
>unpossesses him
>unfreezes time
This is the canon way jindosh died

>creativity bad
is this the fabled "autism" denizens of this board often speak about

>creativity bad
>No challenge to figure out what to use to defeat your enemy good

Have you ever actually played a game that's too easy? That shit kills the entire experience because the actual game mechanics becomes braindead. There's a reason people play survival in Minecraft when there's absolutely no point because creative exists according to this logic.

I would say the same thing for games that let you proceed through or access an area with "all these different ways". In the end, it can very easily boil down to "use this one most XP efficient way to do it every time" or "there is one method / skill that does all of them".

Deus Ex HR is a prime example, though the fact that vents lead to so many places means that there is often no stat check at all; just meta map knowledge and simply walking around for a while.

In a game where you can do anything to accomplish everything, it will feel like you have accomplished nothing.

Because you're gonna be killing enemies all game so if you're always approaching it the same way it can very quickly get stale.

There's a balance, however, try to make enemy killing "cool and varied" too much and you end up with a boring as hell game where killing gets boring anyways because it starts a cutscene, is incredibly easy, etc.

Sadly most devs nowadays lack that finesse and thinking ahead