What's the worst thing you've ever seen on someone else's vidya setup?

What's the worst thing you've ever seen on someone else's vidya setup?

What's the worst thing you've done to make your vidya work

Attached: here's your power cord bro.png (720x960, 889K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/zip/d/berkeley-computer-desk/6894967048.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/zip/d/san-francisco-compact-computer-desk/6910628561.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TMMuJZ4rb0I
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_YLenOlZI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Standard_levels
darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1999-50.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8xONZcBJh5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

y-you do realize this is a board for videogames, consoles and not PC hardware r-right?

hardware is not video games so fuck off

My brother asked me to borrow a gamecube, when he was playing it the game had no audio and it was in Black and White, turns out I gave him the PS2 cables.

>hardware is not video games
That first ping-pong game was pure hardware tho.

Attached: pong.jpg (641x504, 21K)

>hardware is not video games so fuck off

Attached: 1524037504081.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

>videogames are not videogames
Go away user.

That looks fine. Lick it.

that's a playstation you dumb faggot

I once nigger rigged an old power supply to my video card because my main PSU couldn't handle it.

my co-worker had his PS3 hooked up to a 50 inch 1080p tv with a composite cable
I basically had to rape him into getting an hdmi cable. fucking hell.

>he didn't give himself smaller paddles in Pong

>Phillips head

Disgusting

Attached: roberston heads.jpg (500x253, 39K)

i used that bit from an Apple Travel Charger Brick and plugged it into an old windows vista laptop only to realize the CMOS Battery was dead.

Those are posidriv.

I've had the same experience. Trying to convince my cousin component would look better than the composite cable was like pulling teeth. He had no trust in me going behind his entertainment system.

you're a retarded nigger and should go back to furaffinity with your stutter typing

at least it wasn't FUCKING TORX

You need to go back

Oh shit, you're right. Wasn't looking closely enough

My graphics cards fan fell off and the connectors also broke preventing me from reattaching it so I put two rice-filled small packages to prop up the fan

was desperate for a mic one night so i pulled out my dreamcast mic i had for seaman and used a usb hub to connect it.

having a tub full of assorted cables and random garbage really helps at times

Attached: mic.jpg (750x539, 222K)

Does anyone have the picture of the guy who propped up his GPU with bottle caps and secured the case with bungee cords?

take a picture or something?

Attached: IMG_1432.jpg (474x554, 48K)

My graphics card was too big for a SFF motherboard.

Attached: IMG_20190614_234425.jpg (1080x1920, 555K)

Same. I knew that shit wasnt lasting so i just went and bought a new one after a week.

Attached: 1242776465269.jpg (960x720, 85K)

My SSD is not secured, and is only held in place by the abysmal cram of unmanaged cables between the underside of the motherboard and the case.

Attached: THOUSANDISLANDCRUNCH.jpg (829x668, 51K)

I had to do this to get drivers working on my new mobo. I just needed to rehook up my old machine with enough parts to run and then rip the driver disk image onto the HDD. Then rehook up the new mobo and mount it. I had put all the new parts in and didnt want to undo it all.

Attached: IMG_20180928_002316902_1.jpg (2782x3505, 2.5M)

>spilled guts
just put a bullet in its head and let it die peacefully
as long as SATA / power cable are connected firmly and aren't wobbly - you're good (i'd recommend to use double-sided scotch tape to stick it to a wall or any nearest surface)

Built a new computer in my old case, so my old computer is now living in a cardboard box. I only use it if I need something off my old hard drive.

Just hook the old HDD into the new rig

Attached: 97e70b_5514533.jpg (1296x968, 197K)

no hook the old hdd to your butthold :DD

As an electrician, that image almost gave me a fucking heart attack. Never post that again.

Attached: 1436841392042.jpg (494x600, 93K)

Different cable standards. Practically nothing in my old PC was compatible with the new motherboard.

Oh, the old ribbon slave cables? I remember piecing together emachines and not really even knowing if the abomination I slapped together was even any better than the last.

Give me details man. Could something happen even if you don't touch the screws? Would it explode or something?

When I was a poorfag NEET I had a piece of shit laptop that was hitting 90c when I had Firefox open with one tab.
It was so fucking hot that the stickers on the bottom of the laptop melted, and I could feel the heat if I put my hand inside of my desk drawer.
I used to keep the laptop propped up on some random junk at the corners so it had better airflow, and I kept a fan pointed at it all the time. Eventually it fried itself in a spectacular fashion, killing the CPU, mobo, and HDD in one fell swoop.

Attached: everything will be fire happening.png (698x840, 660K)

go on

Go stick a knife in a toaster and report back

You'd get slightly electrocuted and you'd cause a short circuit damaging the PS2.

Don't do it. It makes mustard gas

I got my first HDTV because I couldn't read shit when playing PS3 games. Came back without an HD cable, still couldn't read shit, and went right back to the store and got one.

there's no more. he reluctantly got an hdmi cable.

zoom

That shit could easily fucking kill you if you touched those screws, not to mention it's a gigantic fire hazard. I don't doubt that that person's house is probably just a gigantic news story waiting to happen if that person is retarded enough to pull live wiring from a wall and connect it to fucking exposed screws because they have no plug for it, assuming that isn't just a troll.

Youd probably get an inconsistent flow of electricity which will probably fuck the capacitors if their are any. If not fuck the next thing in line to that.

>120v
>killing you
Nah, I've touched live 120 wires many times and I'm still alive.

i mean, if it's secured firmly, there's not enough voltage to jump between the contacts across the air, right? (also, presumably, the fucker lives alone so no kids or pets will have misfortunes of frying their fingers and maybe some organs with it)

Then just put your HDD in some external drive case

and if dust or hair or something otherwise slightly conductive gets blown into it?

Back in the day, my friend who had a super-rig that could run Crysis proper was using a tiny little CRT monitor.
Similarly, when I got my 360, I had it hooked into my mono audio sub-20 inch CRT.
Playing Dead Rising was hard.

beside someone grabbing onto it it's so poorly secured it will shake loose like that or could easily be pulled off. then it could turn a lot things into basically a stove burner or at least make them live paths.

My back hurts so fucking bad.

Attached: 20190614_232210_HDR~2.jpg (3492x3753, 2.06M)

Christ dude, do they not have Ikea where you live?

damn dude you're a giant

I'm close to broke.

granted, but never forget that it's not the volts that kill you (also depends on how much resistance the surface of your skin has atm of contact + how fragile your vital organs, like heart, might be)
the fuse will instantly break the circuit
none of those are even remotely conductive (unless device is placed inside of a workshop with lots of metal shavings). The bigger problem is what kind of alloy those screws are made of. If it's something like carbon steel (which is highly resistive), then this shit will get hot as hell and may ignite any flammable objects (like hair and fluff)

Torx is great if you actually have the proper drivers for them.

Why would you ever think this is a good idea?

Attached: 1312608976140.jpg (324x304, 18K)

Use any wooden table and a plastic chair.
my setup for last 3 years

mate of mine used a load of books propping up a surfboard as his desk for years

Then steal some brick from a construction site to prop up the desk. You can't go on living like this.

or he could use books, instead of stealing shit

It's a normal line, of course it won't kill you. Seriously user you sound like those kids that just started doing electrical things, repeating the same facts and that are scared of everything.

Drive around a rich neighborhood on the night before garbage day, and look for furniture on the side of the road.

This ain't it

Back when I was a kid and the power cord frayed off the adapter brick for my NES, I couldn't afford to get a new one. On top of that the cord got thrown out accidentally, leaving just the brick. I went to the local flea market hoping to find one cheap, but no luck. Going through old electric junk for shits and giggles I found a decrepit model train power source that output the right voltage and amps by pure dumb luck, cost me 75 cents. I had to wire it naked to a busted-off prong from one of those "fits everything lol" plug inputs that matched the NES one enough to fit in. I ended up using it without issue for 11 years until I had a steady job and found a real replacement adapter.

If he's that poor, he doesn't have books.

Where I live used herman millers go pretty cheap so I'm saving up for one. And some shitty small desk space is at a premium in my $600 rat hole

Time to go dumpster diving. See if you can find a restoration company and take the shit they throw out. Make you sanitize it though, because it's probably been drenched in shit water

Yeah, that's smart thinking, I used a skateboard to carry an overhearing laptop when I played tf2.

Fix this shit, user. Take good care of your body, or you'll regret it later.

I didn't notice I was getting a fullsize mobo with a mid case, it would fit, but the PSU would have to be mounted up top in the front rather than down low in the back. The case had a special bracket for mounting it in the front, but the cable layout for the PSU feed right into part of that bracket.

I needed a hacksaw to put my current computer together.

sorry, mr. professional, for ever questioning your expertise level on your alma matter - you can stick your head back in your colon now

if it works

I bought a used fat PS3 that after about a year of service, got YLOD. A game was stuck inside, so I had to take it apart to get to it. I also was going to try to fix it until I found that someone had already fixed it previously and hammered in the torx screw. I had no choice but to rip it apart since I couldn't reopen it without breaking it anyway. They had put on so much thermal paste that is probably what killed it. I got my game out but the entire ps3 was ruined.
I guess this is technically not relevant to the thread.

Attached: ps3.jpg (1280x960, 75K)

Nigger you can go on Craigslist and get a free piece of shit desk right now. Do it.

*mater

That's a PS2 you dumb cunt...

My PS2's AV slot cracked, so I shoved some paper around the edges to keep it together and it still works as long as you have the cable in just the right position...but then the same is true of the memory card slot, you gotta push it all the way in, then pull it out slightly before it reads.

Actually, I'm an Electronics Engineer, sorry I hurt your ego.

It probably wont fit in my room though. Ill look

Lmao no one likes you

ok and i'm obviously not, but i like to read about stuff

Where do you live?

jesus that thing is larger than the power strip its plugged into

SF just moved here from far away

Does that work?

Yeah, you should try it :^)

ez

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/zip/d/berkeley-computer-desk/6894967048.html

Are you talking about the huge white thing plugged in? This image is like, 7 or 8 years old - I think that was my air conditioner.

Attached: ps32.jpg (1280x960, 36K)

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/zip/d/san-francisco-compact-computer-desk/6910628561.html

Good, you are doing what many other "Engineers" refuse to do, learn things, I don't know why they just memorized shit to pass the exams and then forget about everything.

This is too far
But this is perfect I sent an email, thanks!

nigga just get a IDE to sata adapter

nigga, when i was in highschool there was a person 1 year below me who died while he was tinkering in his pc when it was on. You can very much die

>I don't know why they just memorized shit to pass the exams and then forget about everything.
We just want dat paypa. I didn't even want to be an engineer -- it just seemed like a steady job.

My friend runs his PS4 on a 720p mode on his TV that upscales to 1080p because he maintains his TVs upscaling makes the games look better even though they like blurry as fuck.

So the signal chain is PS4 outputting at 1080p, smart TV processes the signal as 720p then internally it upscales to 1080p.

fuck's sake - electricity is one of the most fascinating resources humankind has ever bent to its will. If i was an electrician, I'd read the shit out of the history of it and all the historical memes about it, like trying to capture lightning with a conductive kite to charge an acidic solution in a jar (which i did anyway)

My brother was real proud of playing his games in 4k on his 1080p TV.

...Is your first name Benjamin?

i did read about it, not actually did it (sorry for not being clear about that - english ain't my first language)

But PCs run on 24V and with a very small amount of current, people lied to you, he probably died from heart attack or something.

Fuck off Migu poster!

Don't try to fool me Ben, now where's your friend Mozart?

shit, the jig is up... He's been writing notes for Scooter for a while, then he fucked off Lord knows where to.

>people lied to you
I overheard his closest friends talking about it though. Always wondered how he managed that since i've gotten electrocuted from faulty wall sockets before and i'm fine

Lmao Yea Forums is a better diy board than /diy/

I've legitimately done this, except I just had the two cases facing each other on the open side and cables stretching between the two like some weird hentai shit.

offtopic discussions on Yea Forums are the only ones that are treated seriously (same thing is happening if you try to discuss, say, Yea Forums on Yea Forums, or vidya on Yea Forums)

Is that object in front of the table your seat? What the fuck?

Attached: extremebody3.jpg (800x600, 78K)

>PC gets fried during a storm
>fix it by dissasebling it and then assembling it back together
>cases power switch is fucked
>boot up the PC by sticking screewdriver to the pins for like 2 years because I can't be arsed to buy a new case

He could have been fucking with the PSU while it was plugged in/caps still had charge. Doesn't take many milliamps to the heart to kill you.

>to the heart
Unless he plugged those capapacitors directly into his heart I doubt he would have died. The human body doesn't conduct electricity well, I personally know a kid that grabbed High Voltage cables, he lost some fingers but he's pretty much alright.

is supposed to be in response to
, of course.

Yes it is. Its a weird collapsing chair thing that you would take to a football game to be more comfortable than on bare bleachers, but it is severely worn down. It replaced a garbage bag full of dirty clothes...

youtube.com/watch?v=TMMuJZ4rb0I

Top fan makes a rumble noise now and again. I just put a california snow globe on top to weigh it down so it stops rumbling

Unironically based

Attached: 1406513512975s.jpg (105x125, 3K)

You do have to be careful with electricity, since dying to low current is mostly a matter of luck.

Freak accidents are freak accidents. It's not unheard of

youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_YLenOlZI

Had a gtx 660 blower model, that card would constantly hit 90 degrees Celsius and down clock so I took an exhaust blower fan pointed it straight into the intake of the gpu and ran my setup like that for years until I got a 960 with dual fans
It was ghetto but it worked only downside was both the gpu and that blower fan were loud as fuck. Never get blower models guys unless your cases lack venting.

>Doesn't take many milliamps to the heart to kill you.
there's also a case of high current transformer with something like 900 amps and barely any voltage in it that will melt the metal but it's completely harmless for human body.

Attached: UNLIMITED POWER!!.jpg (865x587, 97K)

Just buy a new power button. They're marketed towards miners since they don't use pc cases and are cheap on amazon. But since your used to shorting the pins it's a non issue then.

What in the fuck. How does that even work, what brand of TV is this?

Attached: 1543883044084.jpg (349x314, 17K)

A power cord is like 5-10 dollars at amazon or cheaper at a mom and pop store

It's not the volts that gets you, it's the amps

>Work for a day
>Spend the $150 you've earnt on nice desk
>Grab a chair from the kitchen
Wew

It's actually both you fuck wit

remember: it's the volts that jolts, and the amps that wamps

>What's the worst thing you've done to make your vidya work
I opened up my xbox360 because the laser was fucking up and I messed with the laser configuration until it worked.Never pulled it back together but it ran games perfectly now. I literally have no idea why this shit even worked.
That xbox still works btw.

big balls

cool

>I'm almost broke
>dude go drive in a car to get more broke
fucking americans

My friend tried to upgrade his micro PC (the one with an external powerbox like an Xbox) with a 1070.
While still using his original case, it didn't fit of course and he and his other friend opted to saw out the upper bracket of the case in order to forcibly fit the gpu in and bending the fans.
I wish I had the photos/videos still. It was a nightmare.

Attached: 1560499870603.png (474x477, 444K)

did it work?

For a while I had all three ds3 input programs on this computer. Motionjoy, x360ce and SCP Xinput wrapper all in various states of partial install/uninstall because I could never get any of them to work but didn't want to buy a new controller.
Eventually somehow they ended up in equilibrium, all three working together in some broken mess that ended up with games thinking I was using a 360 controller, but if I quit any of the 3 programs it would stop working.
Not particularly terrible, but very confusing. I never did figure out what was doing what, I just stopped fucking with it when it started working. Eventually that HDD made a faint screaming sound and died, and took the secret with it.

No, the system was heavily dependant upon the external power system which could not support the new part. It was a 300w PSU.

Attached: 1560270919738.jpg (251x250, 11K)

How is it connected to the AGP/PCI-E port? All I see is blue tape over the connectors.

God those programs were such garbage. I feel your pain. I had a problem where plugging in the DS3 at a certain time would result in a BSOD, it was terrible. Not to mention the shitty bluetooth setup.

Thank god Steam now supports it as well as DS4Windows works great for everything else..

my motherboard isnt even properly screwed into the case

>I basically had to rape him

Oh. Uh, that's... well enjoy your weekend man.

more like hiv positive

shut up cartman

fucking stupid cunt.

>built current rig 12 years ago
>using cheap parts
>company that made the motherboard doesnt exists anymore
>drivers are lost to time
>my room has shitty electrical installation with no grounding at all
>extra static or something fucks up my keyboard if i decide to use it in the usb slot
>obliged to use a ps2 port if i want a functioning keyboard
>even still i NEED all the ports on my power strip to have something plugged in in order to distribute the extra electricity or something (im not well versed on electricity stuff)
>buy gpu 8 years ago from a friend
>gpu fans stop working 3 months after i acquired em
>original fan had its own support and its own fucking tiny fan
>fuck it, slap some super glue on a new fan and plug it in
>been working like this since then
>never formatted or swapped OS since i installed windows 8.1 right after i got the computer
>never used an anti virus either
im graduating college this year so i can fucking exit this fucking poorfag life
we all gonna make it bros

Attached: 1558662684434.gif (625x352, 3.65M)

Not someone else's setup, but my old beat saber rig was to hook up phone VR and 2 wii remotes, and played along to some pre-recorded google cardboard footage.

I just picked up a desk and some other shit from the side of a house. Unfortinately the chair was gone

I'd clean it really well before you bring it into your house, user. No telling what kind of bugs are hiding in it

The little peg holding the fan on my processor in place broke at one point, so for a year or two, I had it held in place with bread ties.

One of the fans that came with my case kept hitting the filter that was built in and making a fucking racket, so I took bits of a styrofoam cup and used them as impromptu spacers.

I store my SSD loosely on my CD drive and my CPU fan is shifted a few cm above the heat sink because the RAM is in the way. Still werks gut

why would you do this
those cables are universal and cost nothing

my SSD is held on by one screw because I was to cheap to buy one of those 2,5" to 3,5" sled things
the drive is light so it holds on fine

Stuttering motherfucker. go take your estrogens, faggot.

Already roaches in "my" house doesn't get worse than that. And it was a way nicer area than where I live

fucking awful everything in that image

My SSD is attached to my mobo mostly by a twist-tie

Thatskindahot.jpeg

i have each drive secured with one screw (six of the fuckers)

Attached: 1511387385021.jpg (3264x1836, 2.66M)

that's autism bro

is that a fucking garden hose kek

Attached: 1511387051509.jpg (3264x1836, 2.02M)

fucking told

Attached: 1511387789297.jpg (4128x2322, 2.69M)

It's like magic to me. The SSD sticks perfectly to the the drive. There is nothing that holds it in place. Maybe it's the weight of the cable

That's a PS2 you DUMB motherfucker.

I fix computers for a living, people do really stupid shit with their computers.

>a fucking hose to the CPU
I mean, there is water cooler and then there is hoses.

Drop some stories on us, user. We're all waiting for it.

That is so fucking ghetto.

Attached: heavy_thumbs_up.gif (300x169, 1.31M)

>It replaced a garbage bag full of dirty clothes...
what the actualy fuck

jesus christ this hurts to look at

>what if mad max in IT?

Attached: 1555691033323.jpg (1647x2475, 730K)

Bedbugs beg to differ.

pretty sure that is a playstation 2 the phat model. So no its not PC hardware try harder next time Reddit zoomer.

Nothing wrong with this really, some of those cheap trash market pcs are actually decent with a proper gpu

>y-you
Shut up retard

Attached: D6zG0h6VUAEDnLk.jpg (2000x1331, 330K)

I like how even the baby seems to be in on the faggotry

what the fuck is the point of having a fan if you leave open the case?

There is too many to share, mostly are from disgusting stuff because people never clean their computers.
Mostly laptops is where the good stuff is.
>Guy that used a compressed air tank meant for tires to clean his laptop
Fan literally exploded inside the laptop, pic related old and new fan.
>Guy that stabbed a thinkpad i sold him with a beer bottle
The desktop that had literally 1/3rd of its weight in rat shit.
The guy that welded a cooper pipe to fix his HP laptop was quite good though.

Attached: IMG_20170629_190459.jpg (2592x1944, 2.93M)

/g/ore thread?

Attached: 1536576288009.png (1362x665, 635K)

less than 1% of population here will understand this

Hah!

what the fuck

Sounds like you have the power to educate.

>The desktop that had literally 1/3rd of its weight in rat shit

Did you work on it or turn him away? I have a similar story
>used to work for an ISP
>customers internet dies
>do a line test, nothing there, must be a physical issue with wiring or something
>send out an engineer to site
>comms room of the building is up in the attic for whatever reason
>engineer refuses to do the work
>customer is furious
>give the engineer a call
>apparently the attic is full of dead pigeons and the floor is caked in pigeon shit along with the comms cabinet
>he's completely within his rights to not go up there
>customer calls up every day demanding that this is fixed
>escalates to manager, their managers manager, their managers manager and so on
>everyone tells them that they need to sort the comms room out before anyone will touch it
>refuses to do it
>this goes on for 2 or 3 months
>customer threatens to cancel contract
>account manager cancels it there and then

It was a fucking DSL line anyway, it's not like we made any real money off them.

you still need to move the air around.
I always use an open case as I like to overclock a lot on air and unless you make a wind tunnel going open case is the easiest and best.

It was a business data recovery job so i had to, its one of those PCs business leave outside so workers can use it but rats broke the rear PCIe shields to get inside the case.
PC died, business needed the credentials because desktop was dropped, HDD damaged.
Unplug, remove drive, see like 3Kg of "rice" and wonder what the fuck is this till i noticed it was rat shit, take HDD out, put in enclosure, run ddrescue because it wasnt that fucked to plug it into a PC-3000, finish job, throw enclosure, computer and HDD away, give new WD Blue to the business owner.
Easy $700.

Those who are reading this and are starting to do this as a hobby or as a job, BUY FUCKING GLOVES or expect third world diseases to come with the devices.

based
>when your power can't be contained

Its a blower GPU so its actually good to leave the case open if you want it to run cool.
Blowers are a mistake.

what an idiot. Normal people should not even run stuff in any RAID configs. Unless you are running something commercial and need the performance then setting up a RAID is just going to give a lot of headache.

i know he was obviously hoping for you guys to clean his attic but 2-3 months? really?

not that user, and correct me if i get this wrong...
if i'm not mistaken a RAID setup will split your files across multiple drives. because the physical spinning and reading off the disk is the bottleneck in terms of speed. by segmenting your data you can read and write much faster as you only read an 8th (in this case) of the disk for the same information

unfortunately because its segmented if you lose one drive, you lose everything, since it has about 1/8th chunk of every file

i had a nightmare like this once glad i moved up to working on software now

you are right, he was going for a RAID10 but forgot to put 1

Must have fried your brain coz you continued doing it

Ayy I have the same keyboard. It fucking sucks.

So what difference does the number behind RAID make?

AGP slot? What year is this?

Raid 10 is just Raid 1 and Raid 0 combined

RAID types.
0 - multiple physical drives = one logical drive
1 - mirrored drives (very reliable but expensive)
Do the math.

The number specifies which type of RAID you use, there's a lot of them. Two numbers generally means a mixed approached with different RAID types.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Standard_levels

Attached: 300px-RAID_5.svg.png (300x222, 21K)

Y I K E S !

Raid 0 distributes data over multiple disks.

Attached: 1280-raid0.png (1280x720, 95K)

Raid 1 mirrors data over multiple disks.

Attached: 1280-raid1.png (1280x720, 88K)

>apply slightly too much force
>it's fucking garbage
Yes, truly the top-tier screw of patricians.

Raid 10 is the combined approach.

Attached: Raid10-56a5d5525f9b58b7d0dea1c9.jpg (768x512, 42K)

It's the ohms that OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD

i used 3m double sided velcro tape to secure mine.

And Raid 01 is the combined approach, flipped.

Attached: 180px-RAID_01.svg.png (180x180, 12K)

hello sadjad sadreddits!

>slightly too much force
Nani the fuck?

I hate faggots like this fag

Attached: 1550862944820.jpg (600x623, 66K)

The power supply isn't going to last for long. They're just not made to power anything that's not already in there. My old Voodoo 3 card proved too much for a prebult PC's power supply and I'm sure that thing draws a hell of a lot more power than my old card did. It's not at all an uninformed opinion when I say that right there is a bloody stupid thing to do.

Guy's stubborn and lazy enough to not clean it himself with literal (pigeon) corpses in it. It's perfectly reasonable unreasonableness.
Have you never stripped a Torxhead screw before?

Newfag is gonna newfag

0.1 of an amp is enough stop your heart if you're unlucky, and most houses where I live will give you 10amps from the wall outlet.

>worst thing
Not sure if 'worst' is the best description since it worked fine but I got some leftover server (meant for recycling) which didn't have pci-e 16 slot, only pci-e 8 with closed slot back.
So after some careful hacking at plastic and looking for graphic card which would run in pci-e 8 slot I got a somewhat noisy desktop for a very good price.

>Have you never stripped a Torxhead screw before?
Nope. I've encountered only a dozen torxesex in my life. That's including anti-tamper ones.

rip in pieces

I wonder what it would feel like to be (you) right now.

Attached: aussie shitposters r the werst.png (1837x482, 217K)

Ah.
I'm only complaining because I'm retarded, but they're pretty easy to strip.

It all depends on the CURRENT and path it takes through your body.
So touching both those screws with one finger of your right hand will shock you a bit and cause some muscle spasms but under specific circumstances even much lover voltages could kill you (not through your skin though since surface resistance is magnitudes higher than resistance of wet squishy parts under the skin).

People are giving you answers that may be a little hard for the non-nerd mind so I'll dumb it down as far as it goes:
RAID 0 = two or more disks act as one. One fails, you lose everything. It's fast but that's not a good enough reason to ever do anything this stupid.
Other RAID types are mostly for redundant data, they can be restored if one device fails. These have an actual practical purpose and are not relevant to that image.

forgot link
darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1999-50.html
Not sure if the tale is true or fiction but the math behind it (and Ohm's law) is solid so I'm pretty sure you could kill yourself for example with a car battery even if it's only 12V.

I couldn't get my computer to start once when I tried moving cases, so I just put my entire setup on cardboard and vidya'd like that for a couple days.

Low and behold the reason the computer wouldn't boot was because when I put it into my case I kept putting the CPU cord in sideways

>use torx for damn near everything at work
>shit bends or strips stupidly quickly
I fucking hate torx.

>optiplex
they said it wouldn't fit
they said the psu couldn't handle it

Attached: optiplexsff.jpg (5312x2988, 3.74M)

lost

Another fine addition to my every-growing fat american folder.

Attached: average american person 1.jpg (3648x2736, 680K)

it's been a decade or so but tehre's never a good excuse to not spend an afternoon reading a few good ones from this site.

>''The actual event is slightly different than described above, and even more deserving of a Darwin award. This sailor stuck the sharpened ends of the probes through his thumbs intentionally. You see, he had just taken a course that taught a critical concept called "internal resistance." ''

honestly a bit impressive

This isn't 'worst' in any way, it's actually neat hack and proper use of stuff you have available instead of buying another batch of cheap chink shit.
Used my PS2 headset in similar way (which actually had whole soundcard in the little box) with PC till the plastic broke.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (800x671, 47K)

>Got a 360 back in the day and I wanted to run it in HD.
>Problem was I had a monitor with no built-in speakers.
>Ended up needing to use the audio part of the RCA cables with a computer with a TV tuner card and those non-standard audio jack plug for speakers with the HDMI cord at the same time.
>Problem with that was that they made a plastic nub on the HDMI plug to keep you from doing that.
>Took a hacksaw to it.
>It worked.
Never red-ringed while my brother somehow managed to go through 4 360s.

>Wanted to try LABO VR support for BotW and such
>Took a hacksaw to a cellphone VR headset I had that unlike LABO has a strap and lets you move the lenses all around
>Hit it with duct tape
>Also worked perfectly fine

Attached: hdx-hand-saws-12150-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 32K)

Attached: 1407685690364.jpg (480x640, 192K)

you can also use pretty much any headphone as a microphone, provided that the membrane is small enough to vibrate from your voice.

oof

what kind of shit head won't clean the place they live in? Glad your managers didn't bend to retard logic.

Attached: 1238319794457.jpg (148x149, 9K)

hoarders

Not mine, but still.

Attached: Shrooms-GPU-Fungus-Mushrooms-1200x613.jpg (1200x613, 112K)

Attached: snapshot_20.01_[2016.12.24_06.34.25].png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

I posted here a few weeks ago.

I installed a new motherboard into my pc but I didn’t have a compatible cpu fan so I ended up just letting the fan hang from the cpu and used the thermal paste as an adhesive to keep the fan in place.

A few days ago my cpu fan fell off and hit my graphics card. I haven’t used my pc since.

Forgot to mention this was a business, it's still bad but nobody lived there.

youtube.com/watch?v=8xONZcBJh5A

That's impressive.

Literally nothing wrong with this. Heatsinks like that are just about increasing surface area. You don't "break" them if you bend them.

>restaurant had three homemade arcade cabinets
>one of them had super mario bros, and was missing a button (the jump button, actually), and had it's cables coming out
>some goth girl was playing by touching the cables
>she leaves the cabinet
>i try it
>get a fucking electric shock

I wonder if she was a masochist or something.

Her Wiccan magicks probably protected her.
Sounds like a shitheap restaurant tbdesu.

Based helpful anons

what the FUCK

I can't/don't believe this. HOW?

Finally finished cleaning the desk, thanks to you bros that posted craigslist ads and motivated me to go get something. The ottoman plus dresser is amazing compared to my previous seating but I'll find a real chair soon.

Attached: 20190615_040855_HDR3.jpg (3458x4610, 3.32M)

Apparently this is a hoax.

Attached: Снимокhoax.jpg (591x314, 37K)

Reminds me the user who grew fungus from his jizz.

Oh, OK. My first thought was that it was intentional.

>Basically, the volts directly determine the current flowing through your body, so the phrase is stupid and dangerously misleading.
So is this simplified explanation.
You can have shitload of Volts yet if the source can't can't perform under load it means nothing.
TL;DR: both the youtube guy and anons you linked are right just bickering about wording and leaving out details for their simplified explanations.

>growing psychoblin on your gpu
now all my hallucinations run on 4K/60 fps

Attached: 1471458413079.jpg (1280x960, 378K)

Attached: 1542629850741.jpg (750x683, 127K)

NIGGER RIG

Do you think it works?

Attached: rig.jpg (1280x960, 193K)

ull still ruin your back, 90 degree angles son.

Why woudln't it?

I use a wire that goes to the wall for grounding.

I wish I knew jack-shit about how to build your own PC just so I could make retarded shit like that.

great grounding actually

Any nerd worth their salt should have a tub of random cables/hardware

you know how to lurk/post here
it's not like reading a few guides and sticking together few color coded and keyed parts / connectors is rocket science

he should've got a bigger tire to push the drives in properly, then it would be the perfect portable rig for LAN parties.

Fucking hell

Really well insulated.

>get case
>get a motherboard
>put motherboard in case
>connect power button to motherboard pins (look at the manual, dipshit)
>get a compatible cpu for the socket
>put cpu on motherboard
>put fan on cpu
>get a compatible gpu
>put gpu on motherboard
>connect power to gpu
>done

>20+ TB of warez / porn gone
well at least with the current internet it's relatively easy to get back unless you want some old, obscure and unpopular shit

There's a couple of old porn videos I've been looking for for years to have a nostalgia wank, but have never been able to find.

It's not much but
>break mic
>too cheap and lazy to buy a new one
>install discord and teamspeak on phone
>any time I play vidya with friends I log in with two accounts, one on pc for sound, one on phone for mic
It's shockingly effective

>Had an Old PC with parts still in it since completely upgraded last year but kept my PSU
>Got an Old one and stuck it in
>Worked for a day and then suddenly wouldn't boot no matter what I did
>PSU blew up not long after
I can't tell if the parts are dead or not and I don't wanna buy a new PSU to find out if they did.

If he can't afford a desk, I'd say he is used to bugs.
Cards are basically armored at this point.

Not him, but i feel like i would fuck something so bad that i would kill some components at best, or cause a fire at worst. I would rather go prebuilt or ask my engineer cousin.

Same here, shit sucks especially if you only have few leads.

>mainboard sockets decide with cpu and gpu you can get
>cpu and gpu are the ones that decide most of the remaining parts
suffering

extension cable riser

As you press the power button you'll only hear a few beeps and after long hours on internet forums and PC building help sites you decide that buying and plugging in some RAM would be beneficial
Then you realize there's also no HDD.

Hi there, reddit!

that's some seriously shitty html you're posting there

>omg $bogeyman_site
tags weren't invented by Reddit, summer child

I'm not though, it was very upsetting moving here and finding out there was a small roach problem. I've taken it in to my own hands and sprayed/baited though and it's gotten way better, it wasn't terrible before but I barely see them now.

nah it's basically impossible to screw up hardware wise these days, cables can only plug into the places they're supposed to, they have nubs so you can only plug them in the right way
with old ide ribbon cables you could plug them in backwards at both the HDD and the motherboard connector which was fun

Please tell me you don't ramless build pc's for other people as well.

I've been told that it's basically advanced lego but my problems are
>money
>solving arising problems
I could save money by buying shitty cheap parts, of course. But that would then increase the chance of something not working which I would require actual know-how to solve.

You truly are a retard if you don't know when to stop.

just hire a nerd for 100 euros extra and let him do the job that would take you at least 20 hours of reading and figuring out shit and let HIM take the risks of fucking up stuff instead. ez deal.

Solving problems is as easy as a google search or even just reading the manual. Motherboards will often tell you exactly what the problem is if something isn't working.

I literally have a ps2 just sitting in closet doing nothing. I would give this away for free to any user in houston that wanted it.

Is it really better to niggerig your system instead of going to game stop and paying the $39.99 for a new one?

For a while I didn't have a tower, so all the hardware was just lying there on my desk.

I'm just worried about running into the old "you google a problem that isn't in the manual and the only thing you find related to it is a forum post from 5 years ago ending with 'nvm fixd it'"-bullshit

The dirtiest I've done was remove a laptop's broken monitor hinge and stick the actual monitor to a wall. Then I find myself uncomfortable having to reach so far so I just removed the monitor and plugged it to a TV. It made for quite a neat little setup if it weren't for all the wires I had connected.

I’m too poor for a plumber so my idea was to piss in my 2-liter soda bottles and shit outside the window hopefully that the Gardeners from my apartment complex clean it up next day thinking it’s an animals or I poop down the shower drain and sometimes push it in because the drain holes are pinky finger size

It can be intimidating at first when bunch of money is spent and shit doesn't work first try out of the box and you have no clue how to troubleshoot and spare parts for trying out what might be fucked but you could always start with some old hand-me-down HW and thinker with it.
Or get stuff from dumpster diving, friendly IT drone acqauintances or recycling companies (around here, they allow people to rummage through old HW and take it for a few bucks).

>y-you
gobble on them titty skittles already you god damn candy ass

Same shit mah dude. This mic had a really good quality for its time.

What can u even do at this point besides removing the heatsink or even getting a better mobo

Getting some flat heatsink with heat pipes and radiating the heat elsewhere, not frying the card from both side, would be a good start.

Less posts about drive functions are more about poop in computers please

Attached: 2019-06-15_21-37-21.png (903x845, 261K)

That's a good idea.
Do you have to do anything special to components that have been used before to "reset" them, so to speak?

Mainboards.
They have a small battery (usually accompanied by jumper you can pull out so you don't have to dig the battery out) that keeps the BIOS settings memory from forgetting the basic hardware settings.
Other components usually no, unless you mess with very very old pre-Plug&Play stuff like ISA cards that had jumpers for IRQ / system memory settings (we're talking about 2-3 decades old shit so it's unlikely you'll see this unless you have some hoarder / PC museum custodian friends with too much space in their garages)

Things are mainly controlled by the bios, you can usually put that back to factory settings but it's uncommon to find one that has been tweaked in the first place.

I love the look of this.

...What am i looking at here?

Attached: herc.png (285x318, 119K)

Artistic.

A computer that uses a plastic box as a case and hardening foam to affix its components.

open PC case inside of bigger plastic container filled with insulation foam

I tried to OC my CPU a few days ago, something I had never tried before. Even though I read pretty much every tutorial and web forum post I could, I fucked something up. Whenever I boot my computer, I get an error that the overclock failed, and I don't know if I somehow must have fucked my CMOS battery, because my BIOS settings always revert to default every time, no matter what I change and save them to.

That 70s show, nice...

>believing in the summer meme
Hi there, reddit!

does this work?

Did you do a hard reset by taking out the battery for 20-30 seconds and plugging it back in?

Not yet. I've been too to unplug everything and open it all back up. I don't know why my OC failed. I tried several of the configurations I saw on the various forums. I know that "silicon lottery," but I purposefully plugged in all of the lowest and most common numbers.

>took him an hour to came with this pathetic comeback
poor poor summer child

just get a little floor seat with a bigger back. this is my setup that I use everyday and I'm fine

Attached: 部屋.jpg (2000x1125, 588K)

Truth be told I sort of want to try that simply to see if it can be done safely.

No.
Also the first part looks shopped.

What is your CPU and what are your OC numbers?

>if it can be done safely.
Yes, go buy the fucking cable, it costs a few bucks and won't kill your cat / family / you.

My fans are full of qtips as vibration dampeners.

Fucking comfy.

ah shit I built a pc with a dell prebuilt, hopefully it doesnt die
the 1050 shouldnt kill the PSU right

Bruh, look at this dude

>What's the worst thing you've ever seen on someone else's vidya setup?
Friend's gaymen laptop would burn so hot because it was never cleaned that top of his desk had heat marks on it. His solution was slapping all variety of cold shit on top of the hottest part of the laptop, managed to cook a bag of peas once.

I bought an airblower gpu because it was 20€ cheaper than non-airblower ones

Looks comfy as fuck

>he browses Yea Forums 24/7
You poor soul

>tfw using the same hdd i had in a prebuilt 10 years ago
>320gb wd
bros should i get a new hdd?

Xeon x5670. I was trying to get it up to at least 4Ghz up from the stock 2.93.

Oh, and I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

I used to play on a dismembered pc for a whole year. I had to use a screwdriver to turn it on.

>hey guys instead of buying a new case for like 20 bucks im gonna spend hours grinding cutting and bending metals to make it end up looking like absolute shit vs if I had just bought the damn case

Nice mindset zoomers

Attached: 0fd.jpg (479x523, 39K)

I'll name one thing wrong with it. It looks like shit. Also the heat dissipation from the sink isn't good for the card in general. So no, you're wrong when you say there's "literally nothing wrong with this"
lol

Attached: a39.jpg (501x483, 26K)

>doesn't browses Yea Forums 24/7
being of feeble flesh and weak mind

Legendary post. Everyone, look at this idiot and laugh.

Get a room lovebirds.

I think even the average zoomer can recognize that a mobo heatsink is not a case.

It won't.

t. Owned several Dell OptiPlex & HP Elite with a 1050 Ti.

Fuckin lol

I ran my pc out of a pizza box for a couple of months and it worked fine.
Also my pc before that had a weird power issue where you had to boot it three times and on the third cycle all power until it recognized your peripherals. So I made a mini pulley system to flick the power and then hold through a raspberry pi

The second post you linked is 3 minutes job with sheet metal cutters. Would take 15 if you wanted to make it pretty.
Would take much much more time and be more expensive to get a new case and put everything in, especially since this is a slim case and you'd have to do some extra work on the connectors and PSU attachment anyway on a normal case.

I had a similar problem, but it would only read one of two DIMM slots, so I'd have to reboot until I got it to read both RAM sticks.

Nature finds a way

>not enjoying the craft and the talent and pure autism
user leave this thread your not cool for saying that this is inefficient

My freshman year of college in 2004, I had a tiny ass room and didn't have enough space for a TV and a monitor, so I had hook my Gamecube up to the computer via a TV tuner card, then had to use like three cables and adapters to get the console's sound to come out of my speakers.

give birth

KANEDAAAAAAA

For like a month I used the Hey You Pikachu mic as a PC mic because mine broke. Eventually had to get a real one because my friends keept complaining about it sounding like I'm in a toilet.

I built a new PC with a massive tower case because I used to have trouble fitting new GPU's into my old mid size tower, but in this case my PSU faces downwards and is positioned at the bottom of the case, meaning the fan spins into nothing but the carpet. My PC has already had random restarts out of nowhere, and I would have probably bought a new PSU already if the boot time wasn't 10 seconds.

Not really a video game set up but related enough. My friend gutted a PS1 and put her tattoo machine's foot peddle in it. She ended up fucking the hot glue up and frying the circuit board. So she destroyed both machines

>meaning the fan spins into nothing but the carpet
And you were too stupid to put risers on the bottom of the case.

it's not stupid if it works

That can't be healthy for the PC.

Attached: lbb.gif (1280x720, 738K)

That's the plan. Right now it's only like an inch between the case and the floor. It's a big boi though so I'll probably have to build a structure to support it rather than just put something under the corners.

EPIC GAMING MOMENT YOP

Attached: patrick china hong kong yes.jpg (1125x1083, 87K)

I am concerned for you mental health.

Attached: 1559092265763.png (375x331, 13K)

You don't have to build anything, you can just lay down four planks of wood as a frame. You don't even have to attach the planks together.

Look at it this way - If you had an uncapped water pipe in your house and you 'repaired' it with tape so the water stopped pouring out, would you be comfortable going on with your life knowing that thing existed and could flood your shit at any second?

No, yet some folks are fine with the equivalent electrical setup.

That's an ikea chest of drawers in the pic, user.

>Xeon
For what purpose

Lovecraftian

if part of one of the disks fail, what happens? does the raid automatically restore the data from the other disk onto the other one, making sure it is still mirrored? does the computer refuse to boot? or does nothing happen and you just keep going without knowing that one of the disks have failed (and then you are fucked if the other also fail)?

Attached: charlie brown.gif (500x375, 371K)

>RAID10 but forgot to put 1
Hahahah what the fuck.

Shit's not affixed properly besides the screws being stuck there.
Continuous movement or vibration could make them loose and cause a short circuit.
Tripped breaker would be the best outcome, fryed ps2, fire, or electrocuted pet turtle or little sister would be much worse.
There's also relatively small surface for power transfer compared to proper cable so it's going to get hot in connector area.

I had a first gen i7, and rather than buy an entirely new computer, I figured I'd be as Jewish as possible and buy a same socket Xeon to push it as high as it can go and give my now almost ten year old computer a bit more longevity.

You know if you run the windows 10 upgrade thingie from Microsoft, it'll upgrade you for free with a valid license?

DO it user, for science.

If one of the disks fail you still have all your data and just need to replace the failed disk. It should get mirrored automatically.
Your pc will still boot but on boot you will probably get a message.
Everything depends on the software and hardware you use.

Not that guy, but I've been purposefully putting off the free Win10 upgrade, despite having a valid Win7 license. It has nothing to do with telemetry/botnets, I just hate how Win10 looks.

BACK TO FUCKING TRANNYERA

Usualy you get a message about RAID volume troubles, either during boot / raid initialization or OS will tell you.
Depending on your HW you could do a hot swap and raid controller would fill the new disc from the mirror (pray there are no bad sectors encountered as it happens) while you can do your stuff (even if somewhat slower because large volumes of data are being transferred in the background).
Some RAID controllers required to put the new disc in and wait for the volumes to get synchronized before continuing.

If you have RAID0 (data is 'striped' across disks), no recovery can take place because there's no second copy (or a checksum) of the data anywhere else to draw upon. Your data is lost.

If you have RAID1 and lose a drive, the data is already 'backed up' on the other non-failed disk. If you add a fresh disk into the array, it will 'rebuild' by duplicating the data back across to the new drive.

So, original picture shows some that used RAID0 across eight drives. This means if any one of these eight disks fails, which one did, all the data is lost because 1/8th of it just disappeared with no source to recover it from.

thanks, i think i'll stick with the manual backup approach and SSD to reduce chance of failure

Attached: freakout.gif (200x163, 1.25M)

>as an electrician
then you’ve seen way worse than that on jobs. I know I have

I did that for ages but with the end-of-support for Win7 approaching, and Win10 having bedded in, I'm finally making the switch. Some stuff like lack of a bluetooth stack and being unable to play Forza in Win7 was starting to annoy me.

I wouldn't have bothered if I had to pay, but it turns out it's still free just not advertised as such anywhere.

Well, RAID is not a silver bullet.
>backup
This is the best you can do, raid or no raid.
Just stick to some backup schedule instead of postponing the bothersome duty till it's too late and shit's lost forever.
Learned that the hard way.

What's the link to download it? I "acquired" a free SSD recently, so it's probably a good time to upgrade.

it's not something private users do anyway. a more sensible approach would be a NAS in your network and either schedule automatic backups (differential would probably be more cost effective) to it or save manually what you need.

Having your "backup" in the same case as the real data isn't a good idea. All it takes is one thunderstorm frying your PC and the backup is also gone. External NAS with USP is the way if you want to be sure.

> but it turns out it's still free just not advertised as such anywhere.
Isn't this only free if you're registered as disabled?
I remember the main 'switch to W10 for free' campaign ending long time ago.

120V is not 0V.

As long as it's not a fucking Flathead or a FUCKING alan key it's fine in my books

Fair enough, but Xeons aren't really a replacement for a desktop CPU, even if it fits in your socket.
As for your overclocking problem, have you tried to do default settings in the BIOS before trying any overclock? You could also try to flash a newer BIOS version on the mobo before trying again.

No retard, heat isn't a fluid, it won't magically dissipate evenly through a bent pin like that.

EVEN THE RADIATOR IS GHETTO

What's wrong with that? If a nigger breaks into your house you can grab your insulated gloves while you hear jungle music and multiple low riders of the same colour, undo the twist, palm strink king nigga in the head, and give him 120 volts of nigga paralysin electric fairies to ark across his heart through the blood and give him a heart attack. Then, if you know CPR, only you hold the golden key to him not dying.

Attached: fe42063baf609ff1ce58b2c363641fac.jpg (524x1009, 82K)

>PSmini
otherwise nice setup

Attached: 00b994700539e9a2cd6e368c309982e6296cb896468a2b883505b9e49c759df5.jpg (900x800, 135K)

Imagine playing russian roulette with a semiautomatic pistol.

>120V
low energy

t.230V master race

>if the burglar survives he'll sue your ass off and likely win
>if he dies, you'll get jailed for manslaughter

>not having a step up step down transformer to increase the voltage to 240 and an Uninteruptable power supply power to the railgun so you can launch nails at niggas silently with magnets.

Attached: suicide hat.jpg (300x300, 10K)

>Kid you need to buy 1200 watt PSU to handle Geforce GTX 1060
I don't know about this but i used cheap PSU 550 and still able play it

Attached: IMG_1119.jpg (3264x2448, 1.98M)

EMBRACE NOTHING

Attached: 8080980448_6b98d1a1a8_b.jpg (680x1024, 104K)

After that, i get new ram

Attached: IMG_1155.jpg (3264x2448, 1.98M)

Wrong image.

Attached: truck suicide hat.jpg (1730x705, 329K)

>Zalman fan
that takes me back

Nope. Download the windows upgrade assistant thingy from Microsoft, and it'll just work if you have a valid Win7/8 key already activated.

Washed with soap Dreamcast discs that were too scratched and had a hard time working

A few years later. Finally. I buy a new case box includes extra free fan only $19

Attached: IMG_1207.jpg (2448x3264, 2.27M)

Every drive and external drive of every laptop and pc I've ever had, even a macbook one, is hooked into my current pc board, they're just kinda piled in there in case I need anything.

Attached: 1304869238096.png (178x178, 14K)

Thanks, that's pretty useful info.

>pretend janny

Attached: download (15).jpg (193x261, 6K)

Honestly the one thing I will never fucking skim on is PSU because that shit breaking/malfunctioning is terrifying.

No need, just use HWIDGEN after installing w10.
It will activate it permanently, on microsoft servers.

An Xbox One.

>breaking/malfunctioning is terrifying.
RIP Radeon 470 because for that

>have these old PC speakers my dad used to use like 20 years ago
>they still work just fine today and have surprisingly good sound quality
>also low profile so they don't take up much room on my desk
>only problem is they hiss when plugged directly into my PC
>had to use optical out from my sound card to this old astro mix amp I had for xbox 360 and thats connected to the speakers

on the mix amp the volume is turned nearly all the way down to stop the hissing but it doesn't affect volume much. DIY setup but hopefully when I actually have money I'll buy a 5.1 surround speaker set and hook up all my devices to it for maximum immersion.

I need to stop being a pussy and install water cooling, but i'm always afraid shit's gonna leak and ruin my build.
Pic related, current build. There's two HDD Drivers to the right out of view.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-06-15 at 11.18.21.jpg (720x1280, 91K)

Attached: 1438541363576.jpg (240x240, 4K)

Thankfully because I DIDN'T skim on my PSU when it blew up half a meter from my face it only took itself out and nothing else, and I have a 7 year warranty on it so I could even now send it back still.
Those electric static/ticking noises you hear? Don't ignore it for a month thinking it'll be fine

Attached: 1439427546607.png (538x296, 112K)

You don't need install water c-
>Geforce GTX 1080
>4 Ram
What the fuck are you playing?

>every-growing fat american folder.
i refuse to believe people take dedication in such an obsession

DCS World
that's 32gb of ram

I feel you brother. Lost many money for that shit when i didn't listen that guy. I mean we alright to upgrade cheap or expensive stuff.

where do you think we are?

It's a meme.

I'm a plumber as a career. Don't fucking put water into your rig

Read up on the history of radio/radar/telecom. There's fascinating stuff in there.

Cooling liquid generally starts out non-conductive, stop bullshitting

I'm going to start one now just for the sake of it

You shouldn't water cool your PC just stick with air. Like me back in my day i using this fan to cover my old PC

Attached: IMG_1115.jpg (3264x2448, 1.43M)

now this is shitposting

Attached: ps4 man agrees.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

When you playing that game. Did you open case so you can see how hot it was? and how much temperature?

Temps are fine, it's just for aesthetics really, to be fair. But the risk doesn't seems worth it.

This. But, thankfully, water-cooling is a shit meme.

Attached: 1559690147718.jpg (837x677, 276K)

>HDD Drivers
i meant HDDs only, fuck.

Just call them RCA’s like normal people why do I have to google shit because you dumb Europeans can’t speak English properly

Thats like a 5 minute job with soon cutters, also you got it backwards. No fucking way would a zoomer would just cut the case then buy some PC case with 50+ LED lights

Great morning chuckle

Of course... aesthetics, Then don't used water cooling like my PC. Just stick color around your house

HA HA, he deleted his post in shame. What a retard!

Attached: maxresdefault(10).jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>be junior IT drone taking care of on-site computer maintenance and repairs
>one of our customers is food wholesale company with some big warehouses where they also sell stuff for smaller local retailers
>drive out after a call they have server trouble
>found something like except it's a bigtower standing on the ground in corner of a big dusty warehouse where the 'office space' is separated by few chipboard sheets attached to some metal girders
>bottom of the case has a several cm big slope of accumulated dust, dirt, spider webs, dead insects and one dried mouse corpse
Took like an hour and a full can of compressed air to get that box working.
Wouldn't recommend open box unless you're in really clean environment or don't mind cleaning the insides often.

It feels satisfying as fuck to take the dust out of those pcs with an air compressor, dunno why.
I did the same several times cleaning some computers from a concrete company.

amps = intensity of the current
Watts = potency of the current
Volts = difference between potential(i.e, how much the eletricty wants to flow from one end to another)
t. high school student

for those who don't know wtf any of that means, raid 0 is like the bottom
iirc, each file is put up into chunks that are distributed evenly among the drives
that way instead of one drive loading the file, let's say, one fourth at a time, each drive loads their fourth at the same time so the file is loaded at 4x speed
but if one of them fails every file is 1/4th gone, and to my understanding, with computers it might as well be 100% gone by that point because it's probably useless now

Attached: sketch-1560609328446.png (1440x2560, 255K)

>Have been working in IT for 8 years.
>One of my previous jobs was working at a PC shop.
>Customer brings in a PC from a wood shop and says it does not turn on.
>Open it up.
>The case was literally filled to the brim with sawdust.
>Took 2-3 hours to clean it and getting it functional.
>The damn thing was literally a Windows ME machine they had sitting in a corner of the shop for years. This was in 2013.

That, or the people who would bring PCs they had out in their shed, attic, or from smoker homes that have the fans clog up. I also had one person get mad that we would not work on a PC because it was a 2004 Dell that had been sitting in their garage floor for years and had clear signs of water damage and the HDD was bad, so nothing to recover. People treat hardware like shit.

With 8 drivers, why not just use raid 5 or raid 6.
Imagine risking 28/24TB of data for extra 4/8TB

>plumbing analogy to explain electrics
?????

>air compressor
that's called satisfied

but hey, it goes fast!
...and so does a car driving off of a cliff

RCA's a cable connection type dude. Like, I'm not one to go all typical Yea Forums "fucking dumbass kys" myself back at you, but I will say you might want to avoid the same yourself if you don't know what you're talking about.

It's important to distinguish component cables in this scenario, because both they and the similar COMPOSITE cables have rca connections, but the former's infinitely shittier than the latter, due to combining all color wavelengths into a single transmission cable. Hense the name; composite cables have left+right audio plus one yellow cable that transmits a composite signal; component cables have left+right audio, plus three red, blue, and green cables that splits the color signal into its individual components (and gives a much better picture because of it)

nice try mr skeltal

I read some unsettling things about having even those kinds of raids with large HDDs.
Guys did the math with HDD maker advertised time between error values and found out there's relatively large chance, somewhere around 30% that with multi TB disc you'll get at least one bad sector during rebuild and lose all the data anyway even if that kind of raid is ok with one disk failing.
I'll try to look for the link.

Oh yeah i remember that article.
Raid 5 over what... 4 or 5 drivers has an incredibly high chance of double fault ruining at least one file. You need RAID 6 for those edge cases.

Yeah, that's about right.
Anyway, whether you use RAID for speed or for availability or some mix even with extra drives for redundancy and error correction one things has to be said:
RAID is not a backup.
Won't protect from accidentally deleted, overwritten or corrupted files, blown PSU that fries the whole insides, cryptolockers that some dumbass family member with write access to your storage got from porn spam etc.
Tl;DR: If you value your midget porn and warez, make backups regularly.

>buy a prebuilt pc
>didn't think about buying a desk for it
>use the box it came in for a makeshift desk, random book for mousepad, nightstand for monitor
a-at least I have a proper setup now

Attached: okie.gif (200x109, 1.96M)

What is that last one? Is it just an M/F adaptor?
USB Drive - USB to PS/2 - PS/2 to Serial - Serial to Parallel - Parallel to Parallel?
No chance.

built on a tire, to run faster.

>component cables(Former) in this scenario, because both they and the similar COMPOSITE cables(Latter) have rca connections, but the former is infinitely shittier than the latter, due to combining all color wavelengths into a single transmission cable
I think you've mixed up Former and Latter mate.

Welp. I just tried installing a new cpu cooler in my pc. I couldn’t figure it out and ended up gutting my pc and now i can’t put it back together.

I spent £600 trying to get it all working properly. And in the end it was for nothing. FUCK PC GAMING.

you should've bought a zx spectrum instead you filthy bong

A few friends of mine put pencils in their rig the help support the GPU.

water cooling is an meme dont fall for it

just look at this dumb faggot

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 11.20.04 pm.png (1947x309, 59K)

Don't knock the 8-bits they were fun and for many great hands on experience.
Not just for the games but for programing and learning about HW, even if they were severely limited compared to 'real' computers.

shut up ashens

No idea who that is.
Just and old ATARI user posting.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1250x819, 538K)

Dude you are literally better off placing the monitor on the cupboard and use the computer standing up.

These are based and should be the standard screw. Flathead screws need to be deleted and philips screws should be replaced with either squares or unidrive

Attached: WP_20170809_23_38_18_Pro.jpg (2592x1456, 1.14M)

>has surround sound
>puts surround speakers in the front

Attached: console gamer builds a gaming pc.jpg (2448x3264, 545K)

Be careful friends. If you feel any pain in your back and you haven't injured it recently then you are sitting wrong. I turned 30 last year and my back finally had enough after decades of sitting improperly. Hurt so bad I couldn't sit or stand and when I got examined they discovered I have a couple bulging discs. Took me a full year of experimenting, barely ever sitting, and standing constantly to fix my posture and stop being put out of commission for 3 days just for sitting down. I can still feel how fucked up it is if I slack off on my posture for a bit.

>1080p or 1440p monitor
>has DPI scaling turned on

Attached: gpu sag.jpg (4608x3456, 1.33M)

Attached: 1302669752007.jpg (640x480, 54K)

>roommate bought a premade on sale on Amazon 6 years ago
>i built a pc with my nerdy cousin who knows his shit a year ago
>it's on par with his PC, maybe a bit better outside the GPU(which he upgraded) for the same price point
>mfw

some premades are not bad at all

Attached: 1555372466093.png (239x254, 130K)

if you cant afford a desk or a chair maybe considering dropping internet costs for a while
set your piroities straight and good luck user

Posting a legend.

Attached: qD1bHtE.jpg (2073x2701, 729K)

Prebuilts are good if you get them from honest nerds that only care about giving you good performance for a fair price.

Yea he got a god damn I7 6+ years ago and it cost him less than a grand. Was a damn good deal

My dad cut open the case so we could install games, then just take the disc out while the game was running (only checked the disk in startup in x360 days) so we could both play a game at the same time.

>fan spins into the carpet

just flip the case around lol

how does one rip off a pcie slot tf

retard

>pozbreeder69
>tobasco bottle
this just keep getting better and better

Attached: 1396477936096.gif (260x187, 766K)

Maybe he didn't realize that you're supposed to unlock the card from the slot before you take it out. Probably took the bruteforce approach and just started pulling on it more and more until he ripped it off from the motherboard.
This is honestly the only thing I can come up with. Fucking up a PCIE slot is pretty hard even if you're retarded.

Is that dice in his computer?

Jesus christ what the fuck is that.

Get an All-In-One cooler. Zero chance of leaks, zero maintenance, will last 3 years running nonstop on average without even thinking about it, and is likely using a more efficient coolant other than pure distilled water compared to setting up your own custom liquid loop.

Those who say liquid cooling "is a meme" are always pointing towards custom loops, or they'll mention some youtuber's test in which they'll deliberately overlook that a $60 AIO handily beats any air cooler of the same price, and only loses by one degree of temperature versus some $100 massive heatsink air cooler with two fans on it and the need for some structural support.
Get a simple cooler with a single fan-size radiator. Larger radiators don't help.

>Buy more mobo
How can he fuck it up so badly when i upgrade to shit to became new???

Yes. The card isn't screwed to the case frame, so without something to keep it in place it would sag really badly and most likely break. Why he didn't just use a single screw and instead went for a fucking dice to secure it is beyond me though.

He was 33 and don't know how to upgrade or install PC

That's just fucking wild

Attached: mr bones.jpg (863x752, 249K)

My case is a mess
The right side panel is loose, some connecting metal parts are bent and I can't be fucked to fix it
The bottom has some dents from when I dropped the rig from about 1m the second time
The front plastic cover has broken parts
The front fan isn't actually mounted, it just chills right behind the metal cover
One ssd isn't mounted
lmao cable management
At the top there's a random fan that's not connected and that I'm too lazy to remove

It still werks tho

It should be obvious that the GPU is too heavy to be supported by just the slot locking mechanism. The holes for screws on both the GPUand the case are also overlapping when you put the card in place. You would think a reasonable and a functioning human would understand this. I'm asking why he went for a fucking dice instead of using the options provided by both the GPU and case manufacturers.

cut your nails fag

Because he didn't screw the motherboard in and instead just shoved it in, so the gpu screw holes will naturally not overlap.

GPU SUPPORTS ARE A MEME
PROVE ME WRONG

Is this that shit from The Masters lair in Fallout?

Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: 1245325.jpg (800x600, 104K)