I'll admit, Im biased

I'll admit, Im biased.
I might even be a fanboy, but even so, can anyone who isnt in full blown denial or retarded say that this roster is not only impressive but unprecedented? Even if you think the game is bad you have to admit that what they did with it in terms of characters is astounding
Literally how would you even top it, how would you even IMPROVE it?

Attached: 333ea33d84e042f39e1f9dd9c94c1245.jpg (3672x680, 2.4M)

Get the rest of the big Japanese companies in there like Tecmo and SNK.

I hate video games

The same thing that makes it great, is the same thing that would make it "better."

More.

FE and Uprising being overrepresented ruin it a little

By having 3/3 good DLC characters as opposed to just one.

Let me guess, you wanted Steve

????
meh 90% doesn't appeal at all
now what
personally it's kinda shit
especially this dlc
joker looks cool but ehhhh
i at least understand why they went with dq dude
just hope rest 2 are actually something that are out of nowhere kinda thing like joker and aren't leak or rosterfag picks
and there are decent amount of changes you could do to base

Banjo is the only character I like thus far

What a twist, good taste though

This is honestly a really good roster. A few stinkers here and there but none the less great!

Correct opinion

>joker
>the one that's stand out to you
You're in crucifying distance, motherfucker!

Attached: megaman bout to cap an ass.png (357x241, 94K)

i said for this dlc
and yes compared to rest of characters in games he is the one that is by far the most stylish really only other ones that have same appeal is cloud and bayonetta but link and the fire emblem characters are cool i guess besides ike i never liked his design

imagine being this much of a shitter
disgusting samefag

>how would you improve it?
Unironically cut out Corrin, Roy, and Lucina

add Isaac

By adding either pic related or the Ghoul Lord

Attached: Shinlord.png (497x500, 360K)

The more time goes by the more Piranha Plant look's like a shitty choice.
I liked it at first but damn it stands out like a sore thumb

>Banjo is the only character I like thus far
Oh, so you're a furry. Opinion discarded.

Uprising is represented only by dark pit who isnt even a character.

Add these characters

Attached: 15 roster.png (720x55, 90K)

>cutting finished content
imagine

Joker's not a bad pick and I'll accept DQ guys as the tradeoff for Banjo, considering it makes the Japs super happy, and honestly DQ really "deserves" a rep in Smash, if you buy the theory that characters "deserve" to be in. It's hard to overstate how big a cultural phenomenon DQ is in Japan.

Improve it? That's easy, the FE characters for starters aren't even good choices, alot of shill fluff. Black Knight, an actual dragon, and others would be way better than the shill picks and melee nostalgia

>you can only add three from this list
Who would you pick? For me it's
-Geno
-Shadow
-Travis

Crash, Travis and Shadow

>midna
>shadow
>alucard

Robin and Corrin are at the very least unque enough fighters that their inclusion is justified, even if Corrin and Roy are blatant shill picks.
Also >letting Pokemon shills off the hook

Robin okay sure, but I'd rather see tiki instead of Corrin. You can do the same with Pokemon also, I'm of the belief that characters need to be popular and established before smash does it for them. If it was all about new shit we wouldn't have gotten banjo.

Here you go:

Nintendo First Party
Mario Rep
Donkey Kong Rep
Zelda Rep(OoT)
Zelda Rep(BoTW)
Zelda Rep
Fire Emblem Rep(Axe)
Fire Emblem Rep(Mounted/Spear)
Fire Emblem Rep(Beast/Magic)
Pokemon(Ice/Ghost/Dragon)
Mach Rider
Black Shadow

Third Party:
Resident Evil Rep(Chris/Jill/Leon)
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Travis Touchdown
Master Chief
Kazuma Kiryu
Tales of Rep(Lloyd/Luke)
Geno
Terry Bogard

this is if they were to fill all the slots found in datamining from when the game first launched, it's unlikely, especially given Sakurai said not to expect anything, but this is all hypothetical anyway, so who cares.

No, I just hate samey JRPG protags

banjoke was added because of neckbeards crying about him on social media or whatever
it wasn't something that they were meaning to do
litteraly only to pander to neckbeads

Yea. But I don't have any friends to play with.

Attached: IMG_20190614_230342.jpg (3024x4032, 2.51M)

Skull Kid, Shadow, Travis.

>How would you even improve it
Cut Corrin, cut Lucina, cut Incineroar, make Chrome an alt, cut dark por, make dr. Mario an alt, i honestly think Young Link is bad having link and toon link already so maybe cut him

Add characters that should be in already but for some reason they don't such as Waluigi, Travis Touchdown, Phoenix and maybe Isaac.
Also add another F-zero Rep and something like mage Ganondorf for proyect m but obviously balanced

For all Travis fags how would you make him work without profanity or crude gestures?

Travis have good lines that arent fuckhead like talking about Candy or cales
He could have a mix of wrestler moves and katana, his gimick could be batery life of the katana and they could censor the animation, also having the powerglove give him diferent skils like shulk monado or hero mana

Crash
Bomberman
Geno

>no flipnote frog
>no hornet
Garbage

A reminder that we live in a timeline where these three characters are in the same game.

Attached: I've come to steal your golden treasure.png (1920x1080, 2.91M)

And it's glorious

Chun-Li
Travis
Crono (for the music)

I keep saying this, but.... what are they gonna do for Smash 6?

There are no reveals left that could cause the same level of surprise AND excitement (for you hurrr Goku memers out there). Pretty much every "never ever" ever imagined is in. From Cloud to Banjo to Ridley to Megaman to Sonic. And to think there are STILL 2 slots left too...

Like, characters like Geno and Rayman and Bomberman wouldn't cause anywhere near the same level of crazed excitement the bombshells from before did.

This is far and away the BEST roster line-up of any game ever. Meaning it won't be topped in the future. Smash 6 will inevitably be a step down, and even if they bring everyone back again somehow and just add more, it'll overall be less exciting than Ultimate was. Diminishing returns and all that too.

I wonder what's gonna happen with the series from here on... I'll be honest, personally I wouldn't have any qualms with letting it end here. Ultimate can't be topped. Best gameplay, best roster, best content. All I could really ask for is more Single Player content like Break the Targets and Boss Rush and stuff really. Even the Stage Builder is the best ever.

I've never played the NMH games, but I don't think making Travis work would be too hard. Bayo has very sexually toned gestures and uses profanities quite often in her games, and I'd still say she retains her character in smash

-Crash
-Travis
-Lara

>I keep saying this, but.... what are they gonna do for Smash 6?
Seems pretty clear that Sakurai intends for this to be the "Ultimate" version of this iteration of Smash. I mean like it or not SSBU is basically just an updated version of SSB4, and I'm not using that as an insult or anything. Compare SSB64 to SSBM and they're completely different games, SSBU feels like them perfecting SSB4. I have a very strong feeling the next game is going to be a somewhat different take on the Smash formula. A different interpretation of the same basic idea I mean, a sort of soft reboot for the series, and I imagine they're going to heavily scale back the roster for it down to the essentials (plus a few exciting new characters for hype). My theory is that even existing characters like Mario will be heavily tweaked, possibly getting an entirely new moveset.

I have a feeling this will be the last Smash game (Ultimate, duh), and that's why they went all out with the roster. Wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai steps down after the DLCs. The man has overworked himself enough as is.

They're going to have a second wave of DLC, mark my words. And hopefully it'll have Echo Fighter packs and stage packs to bring back the fifteen states that were left out.

I disagree on the comparison to SSB4. Ultimate plays a lot better. The engine is considerably faster, has better movement options, recovery is nerfed. I mean, it doesn't have Melee's jank, but the new engine feels closer to Melee than Smash 4 to me. Smash 4 was very campy and sluggish. The only reason people say it reminds them of Smash 4, is cause graphically it's similar, and the fact that post Melee games don't have jump momentum thanks to Sonic being in.

I could give less of a fuck about DLC at this point. There are no more characters left that I want. Everything else now is more like a "cool" cherry on top type of deal. Plus, the roster is starting to reach the point where it's a little "too" big.

I'd honestly be way more excited for a boss rush mode being added with more bosses, the return of character specific target tests (yes 80+ of them - or at the very least, let us custom make them and share them online), and campy new game modes for Stadium like what Slap City did or something. Also, a WoL 2.0 that added actual platforming sections with baddies from the original games like Melee instead of just glorified Event Matches.

>Plus, the roster is starting to reach the point where it's a little "too" big
Never such a thing.

There is such a thing, especially if you care about competitive play.

Attached: 1454361348463.jpg (495x4884, 739K)

And how do big rosters ruin comp?

I actually feel sorry for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Imagine trying to compete with Smash.

>Crash
>Travis
>Alucard

so, WAS this a reference to the "Joker steal Banjo's invite" pic?

Crash, chosen undead, geno

maybe because you have shitty pro controllers and knock offs gc ones?

>Skull Kid
>Dixie/Shadow as echoes
>Leon, Bomberman or Crash
Ryu and Travis are also based

Nah, Joker fell flat pretty fast after the honeymoon period. As a Little Mac main, I hate playing as him.

>all these fags not picking Ryu Hayabusa
He absolutely deserves a spot in Smash, and I hope Izuna drop is a command grab instead of his down grab

Leon
Crono
Crash

Matchups become an impossible nightmare, as does balancing.

Here are the top 10 best selling non Nintendo Japanese franchises
1. Final Fantasy
2. Sonic
3. Resident Evil
4. Dragon Quest
5. Monster Hunter
6. Metal Gear
7. Tekken
8. Pac-Man
9. Street Fighter
10. Mega Man
Every single one of these franchises besides Resident Evil has some kind of representation in Smash Bros, that's incredible. Since Monster Hunter has a boss and Tekken only has a small cameo, I'd say the last 2 DLC characters should be Heihachi and Leon (with Chris/Jill as alts) if representing Japanese video games is your main goal.

I have no idea why I replied to that post, meant to reply to OP

skull kid, bomberman, crash

I don't think the goal here is to "represent franchises." It's not that clear cut. It's a multitude of factors that go into considering a character, such as how good a fit they'd be for Smash, playstyle, fan demand, surprise element, personal arrangements, etc...

Also, if you wanna get into Japanese franchises, Touhou is ridiculously popular with Japanese Elementary School Girls.

t. Elementary School teacher in Japan.

I feel the same way, got really hyped when he was announced but changed my mind after he actually came out
>absolutely 0 SMT representation
>doesn't even switch personas
>his one persona just floats behind him
>playstyle sounds fun on paper but just turns matches into cat and mouse
>down b counter #11
also there's something really, really off about his student look. can't put my finger on it though

Attached: IMG_20190615_155650.jpg (278x240, 14K)

>Leon
>Shadow
>Crash

Would have added Midna, but only her Twili form.

there, improved

just add sheik and dairy queen heroes, forgot about them

Attached: 465457264.jpg (1056x704, 394K)

This image proves rosterfags will never be satisfied. Roster is already past 80 fighters (82 once the DLC is done with), and yet here you have idiots drumming up another new game's worth of characters out of nowhere.

Fuck all of you.

those aren't knock offs retard

>Geno
Sure
>Dixie
I guess as a Diddy Echo
>Skull Kid and Midna
Zelda doesn't need more characters, the Triforce Trio is enough for the franchise.
>Shadow
He's an AT
>Chosen Undead
Artorias is a better DaS pick, but I doubt they're a good fit for Smash.
>Chun Li
As much as I like the Chunners, we've got TWO SF fighters already, no.
>Leon
Meme pick, Monster Hunter is much better.
>Alucard
Already an AT
>Bomberman
AT is sufficient enough for his character
>Crono
Literally poor Man's Erdrick, all of Crono's in-game abilities are a LITERAL REFERENCE to DQ3
>Lara Croft
We'd get nu-Lara and you know it. Pass.
>Crash
Ehhhh, mite be cool
>Ryu Hayabusa
Mite be cool
>Travis
I feel he'd lose a lot in the transition to Smash, but I can see it happening all the same. He's goofy enough to work.

>still using the shitty Smashified Render for Banjo when much better ones exist out there, PLUS the official Smash one.
>Steve
>Waluigi
>and that's just the tip of the iceberg
Your roster is cancer. Kys.

>Banjo and kazooie happy to be back

Attached: D84czaHXYAAHlpH.jpg (600x1200, 104K)

Faggots that cut Erdrick and replace him with Crono need to be gassed.

>almost the entire last two rows are just the characters rosterfags meme to death here
Ew

>improved

Why does everyone think Joker was stealing Banjo's invite. If anything Joker was really steeling Steve's invite to give to Banjo.

>implying
the bear and bird has seniority and special privileges.

Attached: D849a_2WwAEiQxR.jpg (1200x837, 187K)

It feels like smash has sorta become a hall of fame for video games characters. Besides a few weird choices like having seven Marths this has the biggest names in gaming, old and new
>Mario
>Pac-Man
>Sonic
>Ryu
>Banjo and Kazooie
>Cloud Strife
>Duck Hunt
>ROB who literally existed to bring video games back from the dead
>Snake
>Mega Man
>Link (Zelda as a series)
>Pikachu
>MewTwo

This alone is an accomplishment. Bringing not only famous Nintendo characters, but third party and in the case of Banjo an actual console competitor still in the market. It’s amazing for that reason alone. Sure Doom guy, Crash, and Spyro belong but even without them, this game has the most iconic characters of all time, representing every console that matters in one place.

on top of that it’s a lot of fun

Adding Chrono

This image keeps getting more and more hilarious on each reveals

>Dixie
>Skull Kid
>Midna
1st party takes priority.

The roster is great, but there's a huge lack of gamemodes.
Where is the true All stars mode? Home run contest? Trophies? True events? Boss rush? Master and Crazy orders? An adventure mode like melee with platforming?
The Classic mode is amazing in Ultimate, but besides this, there's not much to do. The online sucks.

>during the Game Awards Reggie says that Smash is the biggest crossover in history
>Geoff cuts him off saying "uhh you might have to talk to the Russo Brothers about that XDD"
>Reggie is visibly displeased about that and doesn't even acknowledge it
That really irked me when I saw it. Smash unites dozens of franchises whether it be through playable fighters, spirits, trophies (rip), assist trophies, and now DLC. It's a legal nightmare of paperwork to get something of this caliber in the hands of masses and only continues this in with each new DLC inclusion. The Marvel movies are all properties owned by Disney that take place within the same series of films that constantly interact and impact each other. It's not even a fucking crossover. If you have a show where each episode has it's own protagonist in the same setting only for them to come together in the end then it's not a fucking crossover. I don't know why I still remember this. Fuck Geoff for that. Autism rant over

Attached: 1559762731283.png (500x523, 301K)

he can still yell about STRAWBERRY ON THE SHORTCAKE or whatever

The beam saber charging animation is hard to do in any way without it looking suggestive. Hmmm.

>tfw cloud is still the most likely to be cut even compared to a direct competitor's character

Attached: D86cyWTX4AAu7nx.jpg (1200x1200, 180K)

>shit made by pervy dudes popular with kids
So Touhou is like if Yandev was a competent and likable person?

Most soulless roster of the entire series. Can't wait til they cull it for Smash 6

I cant think of a single videogame roster more impressive in terms of big name characters and franchises repped

Personally I would make some of the echoes skins as opposed to separate characters (e.g. Daisy/Richter/Lucina) while giving some other echoes more distinctive move-sets (e.g. Dark Pit & Dark Samus).

Skull Kid
Bomberman
Travis

I would remove Chrom and Darkpit

Didn't Sakurai consider Heihachi for 4 and found him too complicated for Smash?