Which of these two games do you honestly believe people will still marvel at in ten years?

Which of these two games do you honestly believe people will still marvel at in ten years?

Attached: 351E2DA9-0082-4681-80A3-9B3529E72708.jpg (767x767, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lHOIhAZ8K4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably God Of War but Red Dead Redemption 2 is much better

What games from 2009 do we marvel over today?

Neither. Both are forgotten.

>Probably God Of War but Red Dead Redemption 2 is much better
Why Gow? It was dated in almost every way when it released

They were both already forgotten.

Tell me about God of War and is it worth getting? This is why xbox fags always get BTFO. If you are a PC faf like I am, the only system worth buying is fucking PS. They're the only ones who have actual exclusives. Anyone xbox "Exclusives" are either available on PS4 too or are on PC.
I have RDR 2, going on a PS 4 shopping spree tomm (3 "Unchartered" games, 1 remastered "the last of us," will only cost me $30). IS "God of war" worth getting?

If anything, God of War. You rarely hear people talking about old Rockstar games other than Bully and the PS2 GTA games. Rockstar pretty much just makes normie tier sandboxes at this point. GOW will age better, but ultimately neither one was revolutionary and neither will be remembered as a landmark release.

Neither, they’re both boring as FUCK. In the future we will marvel at persona 5, divinity II, and BOTW.

There seems to be a growing anti Rockstar sentiment and the popularity of the western genre dies by the year. Even now I see more people talking about God Of War. Red Dead will see a resurgence if it ever gets ported but even then it will get overshadowed relatively quickly when the new Grand Theft Auto comes out. I still think Red Dead is immensely better in every single aspect but people just don't care about it in the same way they do for God Of War, at least from what I've seen.

>You rarely hear people talking about old Rockstar games other than Bully and the PS2 GTA games.
people talk about every gta and red dead 1 constantly, lol

Minecraft
Arkham Asylum
Uncharted 2

I don’t think OP explicitly meant technical aspects, could be gameplay, narrative, etc.

It's the story of a grumpy Greek man and his son he had with a Norwegian woman as they go on a journey to get her ashes to a high mountain and tell stories on the way.
BOY

>Uncharted 2
I'm sorry, someone MARVELS over Among Thieves today?

Neither. Theyre shallow games.

No one gives a fuck about nu-GoW already.

>You rarely hear people talking about old Rockstar games other than Bully and the PS2 GTA games
Because everyone knows they can NEVER make another game like any of the GTAs of the feminists on twitter would shreik to high heavens and the company would fucking give in, and everyone knows it. In RDR 2, they went ape shit over a charater being able to rope a "female suffergate" and feed her to a goddam croc.
LEt's face it lads-- games as we knew them are dead, unless you are into fucking playing Fifa...

Red Dead Redemption 2 easily. You've got Fromsoft, CD projekt Red, and Nintendo all praising and talking about how it's inspiring their future games. No one is talking about or giving a shit about God of war a year and two months later. because in the end it was only a naughty dog cinematic experience. It did nothing new. It will be forgotten when the next big Sony cinematic experience comes out like death stranding.

Attached: Screenshot_20190612-090454.jpg (1440x1790, 483K)

>rarely hear people talking about old Rockstar games other than Bully and the PS2 GTA games

>implying people don’t talk about Red Dead Redemption all the time
>implying people still don’t talk about GTA IV
>implying people don’t talk about L.A. Noire

If you want games that people ACTUALLY don’t care about anymore, check out every God of War game that isn’t God of War III. I bet you already forgot Ascension existed.

have to watch the trailer. At this fucking point, I'd rather spend my shekels on remastered classics from the 00s or on VR thar lets you have cool interactive experiences under the ocean or whatever than play games where I KNOW the PC bullshit will piss me off

do you have link to article? I wonder if they just mean in the "totally open world" sense or in terms of copying other aspects of the game..

>people don’t talk about L.A. Noire
I don't think people really do desu

Literally no one talks about God of war. No one. Red Dead Redemption 2 has a long life ahead of it especially when it's going to get ported to PC and next-gen consoles.

All you have to do is Google it. There's tons of articles out there for it. Doesn't exactly go into too much detail other than saying that a lot of the young staff heavily involved in breath of the wild is thoroughly playing Red Dead Redemption 2 right now.

Neither. Bloated open world games, quest markers fucking up maps, boring samey combat, and video games trying to be movies are either fading trends that will make these games irrelevant and embarrassing or will continue their march towards ubiquity and these will be like the Sam Raimi Spider Man movies or the Burton Batman movies - decent examples of the current trend, but not the latest version and therefore not cared about in exchange for constant hype cycle

I jusr finished RDR2 as I type this. A great game, and I usually hate AAA stuff. But I've chewed my fill and I'm done with it. One big critcism is every part of the epilogue except the last mission was unnecessary and not great.

Uninspired muh realistic graphics won't impress anyone and will look like shit in 5 years so people will forget these games.

Same for RDR2 and it's stone age gameplay and rigid mission structure.

>Minecraft
Is still the current trend. Good on it but hasn’t really stood rest of time so much as just extended its own life cycle
>other two
Literally what is this fotw western garbage? I beat each of those on glorified GameStop rentals and found them immensely forgettable.

It will be this.

Attached: Hollow Knight.jpg (688x519, 109K)

You must be a real hoot at parties

>Boring combat
>Dad dick axe simulator

Pick one

Having replayed it on the Uncharted Collection recently, it's still a really fucking good one of those games.

Do people unironically marvel at god of war? It's the same game since I played the first one on ps2

Sorry I don’t like trash games I can beat in a weekend and forget about entirely by Monday.
The combat fundamentals feel good but don’t really expand much even with upgrades. Enemies are just not strong enough, boss variety is abysmal, and the only challenging fights are all the same fight with one new move. Contrast that with Cuphead or Soulsborne where new abilities and weapons fundamentally change your approach to combat and bosses and enemies stay fresh enough to make using different approaches worthwhile

What is wrong with you. These games aren't bad because of Twitter feminists. Twitter feminists don't buy games, so they don't factor into the decisions developers make in any noticeable way. Simple as that.

neither.

>its a Yea Forums pretends that their opinion is mainstream thread even though the only reason people go to Yea Forums is to vent about contrarian opinions

It wasn't amazing then and it's not amazing now. Being good isn't anything to "marvel" at.

Or you could just get into Japanese games and buy the censorship free nintendo switch

Yes, it’s a masterpiece of storytelling

>Japanese games
Cringe as fuck

it's hard to debate you on mission structure because it hasn't really changed. But at the same time I guess it's hard to change up your mission structure too much when you're still getting 30 million sales and outselling the competition that supposedly is "having better mission structures" than you have. But, as far as gameplays concerned. Speak for yourself because there's no game out there that plays or feels like Red Dead Redemption 2. Whether you like or hate that, it stands on its own.

Japan is being inspired by Red Dead though?

He ain't gonna listen to reason, user. He WANTS to be angry.

>BotW 2
And BotW was inspired by ubishit and was by far the worst Zelda. But they haven’t made a good one since links awakening anyway

In Soulsborne games, combat mechanics are tweaked with each weapon, not fundamentally changed. In the end your playstyle is still just a choice between two-handed, sword-and-shield, and casting. In those games, battles are won and lost based on tweaks, though...for the Soulsborne series, the system works perfectly.

Likewise, God of War's combat system also compliments its gameplay. It's all about the Arkham Asylum "feeling like Batman" aesthetic in God of War, so when you get a new ability, you're not exactly getting enormous leaps in the way you approach combat. In general, you're getting exciting new "skins" for axe moves, which keep the combat from getting stale. It serves its purpose

Pretty sure Fromsoft's Miyazaki also said after completing Red Dead Redemption 2 he wanted to make something like it. Which I guess is what eleden ring is going for with this horseback riding and traversing the world

So, was Dutch affected by that blow to the head at all, or was it just a red herring?

Yeah that's a fucking good thing. RDR2 gameplay wise is dogshit. Amazing story with well done characters and an extremely detailed world while having the most boring "slow down time and kill everyone" shooting mechanics a game can have. Or you can just use a fucking pump action shotgun and roflstomp your way through everything.

Legit I have never played a game with worse combat.

Yes. Believe it or not a world exists outside of Yea Forums, and in that world Uncharted 2 was critically acclaimed and well received by the public. The train level is one of the most creative and fun levels I've ever played in a video game

You need to play more games than because while it's objectively not bad to begin with there's thousands upon thousands of games with worst combat you need to stop over exaggerating your personal experience and belief.

Not him, and I love Uncharted 2 (and the train level for that matter), but it's worth noting that a level on a moving train isn't exactly creative in the least. It's been done plenty of times. U2 executes it really well, but so have plenty of other games

>was critically acclaimed
I know it WAS. I'm saying nobody MARVELS at it today.

What would you say is the best execution of a train level in vidya?

PS1 Spider-Man when you have the invisibility suit.

Plenty of people do, that game had amazing graphics for last gen and the writing is phenomenal. I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted retrospectives take off in a few years, like certain last gen games are right now

Rockstar Game design has been outdated since 2008

>writing is phenomenal
At this point there is no point talking to you anymore. You don't know what good writing is, Uncharted's character are all flat and cliched. Chloe being a fuckable piece of ass with the sexiest voice actor in video games doesn't make her a good character, for example.
I think it's best for me to stop replying to you.

Red Dead 2 is much bigger in scope it took me about 40 hours to 100% and platinum GoW 4 but RDR2 is over 100

kek

It's okay, I get that a lot. It's really hard for me to relate to people and keep a conversation going. I'll keep trying though

Maybe if you didn't use such hyperbole to describe things you'd have an easier time of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9lHOIhAZ8K4
Yeah that is pretty cool. I'd like to go back and play some PS1 games sometime but my backlog is pretty full as it is

i think its best for autist like you to stop replying to people, retard

Everything is hyperbole from a certain point of view. I get fascinated by the littlest things so maybe I'm a brainlet who's easy to please