Donkey Kong Country + 2D Zelda

youtube.com/watch?v=eX1w0xSPnDg
>Donkey Kong Country + 2D Zelda

How can they possibly fail this time?!

Attached: Yooka Laylee 2.jpg (217x238, 22K)

Attached: 1534500584280.jpg (300x168, 18K)

>rip off B&K
>fail
>rip off DKCR
>?

It doesn't look that bad but completely changing the genre basically seems like they're admitting they failed horribly.

Nice, when is it getting released?

Jon Tron

With bad movement and boring level design.
which is what i'm seeing. Tropical freeze looks a lot better.

yooka laylee wasn't a failure, stop sucking jim sterling's udders

But muh tortanic

NOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! WE NEED TO BE MOUTH-BREATHERS THAT LISTEN TO A HYPERSENSITIVE FATARSE WHO EMBELLISHES THE TRUTH FOR CASH AND BEGS PEOPLE FOR MONEY LIKE THOSE KICKSTARTER PROJECTS HE CALLS "SCAMS".

It's a spin-off user, just an asset flip so they can fund a sequel.

Hey, if Retro won't give us a new DKC, this'll do.

As long as it isn't as short and easy as the first one.

The animations aren't good

It was tho.
*they went all political and had a PR disaster at launch causing a lot of their backer to reverse payment.
*the game came out and reviewed badly on steam as well as the old media.
*fans dissapointed as fuck.
*still "Mixed" on steam today.
*sold a lot worse than expected
*massively overshadowed by a hat in time.

If it wasn't for switch babies buying the game they probably wouldn't have even had the money to make this reused assets cash grab.

The Switch version sold really really well, though. Quit hating.

And backers can't "reverse payment".

Yes they can you go to your bank and they do it for you.

I like Capital B.

Huh, go figure.

Game was still successful though.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to Jontron's voice acting work.

>40 levels
>each level grants you a bee to use in the final level, which is acessible from the beginning
>The final level is a very long level with no checkpoints
>The bees each take one hit for you, meaning if you beat every level you can take 40 hits

Honestly, what kind of mechanic is this?

Looks like a bootleg Tropical Freeze. Fitting for something that was a bootleg Banjo-Kazooie.
>but the original team
They're not even the original team, lmao.

Imagine the speedruns. One-hit marathons of the final level.

man the level design is so generic, looks like a chore to play.
6 minutes level and feels like i havent seen anything at all.

Not a fan of retro's DK but even those had fun gimmicks and ways to interact with the environment, also much better secrets and places to visit.

>Grant phones it in for Yooka-Laylee
>Wise phones it in for Impossible Lair
So Burke will phone it in for the third game that will be a shitty beat 'em up in an attempt to elicit nostalgia from Battletoads fans, right?

Nothing wrong with admitting you failed horribly when it's an undeniable fact

Sorry I should have been more clear, I would like to see them try again addressing the problems of the old game rather than retreat to something else entirely.

They are though. This is just a short game to boost interest and funds for a proper sequel. They know after the hit-piece performed on them for their first game they couldn't use Kickstarter again to raise the money.

they probably can't afford it.
what's funny is they claimed they would genre hop within the same universe during the kickstarter but use different characters

>Hit piece performed on them for the first game

Explain, is it actually just mediocre instead of bad and suffered from a journalist pile on for no real reason? I was never interested in it since I didn't like how hard it was aping BK.

It was a solid 6.5/10 (which if we're talking in actual reviewing scores would mean it's "alright". Shitheads like Jim Sterling were giving it 2/10 and other twats were saying it was a failure of a game on every level. These were all for clicks rather than integrity because it was controversial with the JonTron removal at the time.

Not him, but Yooka-Laylee is mediocre as fuck, made worse by the fact that it raised so much on Kickstarter yet lacks polish compared to N64 games of all things

It's okay. It could have been much better but they fucked it up on level design.

no it's was genuinely a disappointment.

So they can trot out this out but still can't release N64 mode for PS4? Or work on the promised DLC?