Which MMOs did you play before WoW took over?

Which MMOs did you play before WoW took over?

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bSPzcNsaZvY
youtube.com/watch?v=B_7TR-X4eFY
youtube.com/watch?v=LPiBrIXCiQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Runescape, like almost everybody

Mostly f2p shit I could find on those "top 100 f2p mmo" websites.

Think I ended up sticking to rpgwo and something called daminon or whatever. One of those allowed for farming/house building so I dumped a good chunk of time into it.

FFXI mostly
EQOA

UO, pre-trammel/felluca rift.
Once the rift happened the game went to shit and I moved to a private server. TAR, coldfire/santiago and more recently UO:Forever.

Still the best mmorpg experience you can get, just has a steep learning curve for newbs.

I don't know if it qualifies but I played Graal for a while.

>implying anyone here was out of kindergarten before WoW

Ragnarok Online

Attached: ro-illust11.jpg (750x1050, 212K)

FF11

Lineage / II
Flyff
Rose
There's another one but I can't remember the name anymore.

Ragnarok online
runescape
Mu online

good days

SWG

I was 21 the year WoW released

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

/thread
Also Ragnarok Online

RO before and after. Now go eat a dick.

>people don't even realise before wow there was dozens and dozens of mmos no one had even heard of.

my niggaaa
I was like 11

Ultima Online
some MUDs

those where the days

OG maplestory

fucking slime shoes man

Tibia
Tricksters online
Knight online
Cabal online
Perfect World
Dungeon and Dragons online
Elder Scrolls online

I never played WoW.

I will never stop hating Blizzard for what they did to mmos.

Neverwinter Nights
The Realm
Asheron's Call
Everquest

Risk your life.

Ultima Online and Asheron's Call all day erry day

EQ and FFXI. Not sure which I played more but I was shit at both

EQ

Everquest, DAoC, Ultima Online, SWG, Anarchy Online, Planetside, City of Heroes
I only played vanilla WoW for a few months.
I continued to jump around Everquest, SWG, DAoC, and dabbled in EQ2, GW1/2, Planetside 2, EVE, TOR, STO, Mortal Online, and more recently BDO, WoW (since Legion), and FFXIV.

The only ones that have ever been able to truly capture my attention were Everquest, Ultima Online, DAoC, and SWG. Immersion is the most important factor for me when it comes to MMORPGs, and those four were the best.

Attached: manlets.jpg (800x534, 90K)

Nexus, Dark Ages, RO

Really small chance anyone remembers the game Astonia 3. It was some weird janky shit but I remember thinking it was the dopest thing ever that you made a character from the web browser.

Attached: tavern_golden_gnome.png (800x600, 669K)

geng sapu lapp sap

EverQuest
Asheron's Call
Nexus TK
Dark Age of Camelot
Final Fantasy XI

Attached: 1555445750755.jpg (1920x1080, 672K)

RuneScape
fucking Toontown
Sherwood Forest
Neverwinter Nights persistent worlds

DOFUS

Nexus Kingdom of the Wind
Ragnarok Online
Risk Your Life
Tantra Online

Ultima online, I played FFXI for a couple months but got bored of how slow it was, and how racist japs were since you weren't allowed to choose your server at the time and I got thrown in a like 90% japan server.
I never played WoW until mists, funnily enough. I loved it, but ended up getting some BiS stuff and feeling "done" with it. Sold a couple mythic runs, dumped all my gold, paid rent for a few months and haven't looked back. MMOs just don't do it for me anymore for whatever reason.

Anyway, yeah, my childhood was like 99% UO. I was braindead and didn't play it well at all, and didn't understand the skill system or really anything, but I still loved playing with other people. The only reason I even played it was cause my dad had an account and played it loads, so I just bummed off his.

Most of these MMOs were F2P garbage for poor people. All it did was split up the MMO community. WoW brought us together and unified our forces.

ffxi
city of heroes
shattered galaxy

Ragnarok Online

holy shit, WoW will NEVER have as good a musics as that fucking game did.

koreans have some god tier composers amidst them. Shit on nexon all you want, they still put out jams on all their games.

I miss it
youtube.com/watch?v=bSPzcNsaZvY

>how racist japs were
Never experienced this. They were some of the nicest players I encountered. Had one help me with a quest I was trying to do for a week straight that none of my LS would help me with. He hung around for hours trying to to get the item I needed. Also remember random jap players coming by and resing me when I died.

Lots of RuneScape. I also played Diablo II exclusively on closed BNet, it wasn't an MMORPG, more like an MORPG if such a thing exists, but it was almost exclusively played with other people.

Asheron's Call.

And then everyone quit to play WoW and so did I because I felt lonely.

youtube.com/watch?v=B_7TR-X4eFY

Attached: screenshot1072.jpg (1008x630, 165K)

Everquest.

>instead of getting SWG2 we got SWTOR

Attached: sad.png (250x241, 70K)

Based. Asheron's Call was the objectively best MMO.

Morningthaw here.

Dark Age of Camelot

I loved this game, too bad it was completely p2w

I can't believe that they shut it off.

youtube.com/watch?v=LPiBrIXCiQE

The world lost something irreplaceable on that. It should be illegal to turn a game off.

And there's a reason for that

Runescape

I couldn't believe how huge the world felt compared to UO and EQ when I started playing. Granted, it was pretty empty, but still blown away at the time.

I posted on the IGN boards a ton. I had like 20,000 posts or some bullshit. Thinking about it makes me really appreciate anonymous indonesian basketweaving corkboards like this one, as much shit as it can be at times. It's way better than post count popularity contests

If classic is shit I’ve literally lost all hope for multiplayer video games.
There’s nothing left.

Attached: 1457754645926.jpg (604x454, 23K)

Ultima Online

Mostly Felucca

You play UO:Forever? Who's your character?

I will tell you mine if you tell me yours.

warframe is good until you hit endgame

NexusTK