What are your thoughts on the Yakuza games Yea Forums?

What are your thoughts on the Yakuza games Yea Forums?

Just finished Yakuza 0.

Attached: yakuza0.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty good.

Attached: 1396295670079.jpg (960x930, 433K)

only played Kiwami 1. platinumed it when it was free on ps+ so it'll be awhile before I feel the urge to play another.

really liked it though. fell in love with koi-koi so much I have a deck now

Tried playing Kiwami 1 and I simply could not tolerate the jank and low budget of it. The early game mission where you have to find some pickpocket who is "hiding" in the middle of the street is about offensively stupid to me. From what I had heard about the series I thought it would be like a super detailed recreation but all I got was unentereable buildings, horribly awkward animations and dialogue that randomly flips between being voice and unvoiced.
I dunno, I guess people play it for the minigames but I don't care about QTEs or mahjong so it's not for me.

you're not allowed to like yakuza at all.

it's a remastered ps2 game did you not know that before you played?

5/Ishin/0 were peak.

0 was good, currently playing kiwami 1 right now

i feel like we might be entering another peak, since judgment is really good, and it seems like they're really taking their time with shin.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is a PS2 game. San Andreas is a PS2 game. God Hand is a PS2 game.
I don't give games a free pass just because they're old. Especially if they're being remade.

tempering expectations isn't giving a game a 'free pass' though.

>judgment is really good

Is it thought?

a question that shall be answered in 2020

I wasn't expecting much and I was still disappointed. Seriously, do you not remember the early mission I'm talking about? The guy who hides behind shit and just waits for you to find him instead of ducking into literally any building?

This, Kiwami 1 is filled with shit gimmicks and 6 and Kiwami 2 made the combat worse and the latter took content out. JE was better but the combat is still nowhere near as good as Ishin/0.

Why? It comes out next week or some shit..

yes it was silly but it's literally just the intro mission

i'm delaying it

Is it really gonna take til next year to come to PC?

These Dragon engine games run terrible on PS4

Attached: 1556471235161.jpg (680x428, 50K)

it's not coming out on PC

How do you know user?

i am SEGA

Absolute fucking kino

theres really nothing else like them
the combat kinda sucks

Work on a new Jet Set Radio game you fucks

ok

The first game universally known as one of the weaker entries, but if you didnt enjoy it you probably wont like the others. Although id still suggest yakuza 0 as its a better game all round and better to start off there since its a prequel

Managing the cabaret with Majima was incredibly fun, and all side stuff is great.
I gave up picking another game because it seems there's not enough Majima, and I don't care much about Kiryu

As someone who started with 0,
0 and 3 are 10/10
5, 6, and Kiwami 2 are 9.5/10
Kiwami and 2 are 7/10
4 is trash

It's zoomer walking simulator trash
>15 minute """""epic""""" cutscene
>5 minutes of buttonmashing
>15 minute """""epic""""" cutscene

Attached: 1538165099395.png (545x764, 121K)

Reminder that Kiryu never killed anyone
youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

based

Attached: kiryuhelicopter.jpg (1168x724, 102K)

It's my favourite soap opera series. The combat is fun too I guess.

BREAKING ZA LAW

My favourite vidya franchise but it has 1 BIG flaw, the difficulty, the fact you can fill your inventory with Stamina, Tauriner and Toughnes trivializes most of the game, when it gets hard its always because there are more guys or they have more life/ hit harder, i wish the game gave you some reward or implemented a mechanic to reward less healing/a given amount set by devs for the mission/completely different healing mechanic during missions

Attached: yakuza 1.jpg (200x252, 7K)