I wasn't paying attention, did Capcom announce ANYTHING at E3 this year?

I wasn't paying attention, did Capcom announce ANYTHING at E3 this year?

Attached: capcom_logo_black_background.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/itsuno-would-love-make-dragons-dogma-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Resident Evil 5 and 6 coming to Switch.

....That's it?

Showed MHW DLC. That's that.

They announced Monster Hunter World for the Stadia, Xbox 360 and the NeoGeo. When asked about a switch port, the Capcom representative reportedly broke down in shivers, visibly struggling to constrain his laughter as he muttered, "Oh, no no no no", and "Look at the top of his head, look at his lips".

>Capcom's big reveal at E3 this year is 2 most likely overpriced ports of the worst mainline Resident Evils

Attached: a0c.gif (480x270, 2.82M)

>Stadia
Man could you imagine MHW with that much input lag

Itsuno's in the early stages of Dragon's Dogma 2 (probably) after DMC5, the RE team just released RE2 so early stages of their next project, MH team are working on Iceborne. You can only assume the Fighting game division are working on something with more long term mileage, too.

Also we are entering that weird part of the video game schedule there companies are working on entries for new consoles, so they can't really disclose those projects.

na, they had 3 day's worth of stream's for monster hunter ice born, but nothing new. If I had to guess there saving everything for bigger deals like games con or the playsataion event

I want a 3rd person over the shoulder fighting game, and I want Capcom to make it. They made MH, they made DMC, they made Mahvel and Dragon’s Dogma and Street Fighter and Darkstalkers. They’re the most qualified entity on the face of the planet to make one. Please. Let us have Anarchy Reigns/For Honor/SoulsPvP but not shit. I beg of you, Capcom.

This makes me think... are they going to keep putting out monster hunter DLC (Ice born, Jungle hunt, SUN STORM ect) or just put out MHW2 for PlayStation 5? it will be a while until the PS5 has anywhere NEAR the number of players as ps4 has after all

Monster Hunter World 2 will probably be a q1-q2 2021 release

If we assume,

>World team maintaining world with seasonal updates/developing world 2
>Iceborne team under new director developing Iceborne/will eventually merge back into the world team after its release

I wouldn’t mind continuous updates over mhw2 desu.

Finally porting Ace Attorney Investigations 2 to the west. Releases June 21st

Current rumored AAA titles are:
Dragon's Dogma 2, most likely just started development this year just before DMC5 was finished
REmake 3, recycled assets, rumored to be in development under a third party contractor
RE8
Dead Rising project from whatever was salvaged from Capcom Vancouver
New Marvel vs Capcom is in development based on various FGC rumors
All these rumors came in the last year, so there was literally nothing to show except maybe REmake 3 which was expected by some because of the asset recycling

>Capcom only reveals games when they are ready to show off gameplay
Fucking based. I wish every other company was like this.

Yeah, is RE7 the same team as RE2R? If no then the next new thing they could announce would probably be RE8 or the "surprising" title that is being made in the div2 team

>Itsuno's in the early stages of Dragon's Dogma 2
Please don't toy with my heart, got a source or claim to back that statement up?

Attached: 1534106545504.jpg (396x544, 64K)

Hard confirmation no, but most people speculate that it is DD2 given a interview that Itsuno gave a few months ago and he tweeting about being moved to a new team for a new project

Will Dragons Dogma 2 let me marry a 13 year old again

There was an interview where Itsuno said he was gonna quit Capcom shortly after the DmC debacle and leadership changes within Capcom. They told him if he stays they'll let him make whatever he wanted, he explicitly stated he choose to make DMC5 over DD2 because he felt bad for the fans and the assumption now is that DD2 is the next project since DMC5 is done.

wccftech.com/itsuno-would-love-make-dragons-dogma-2/

>In a recent interview, Itsuno had revealed he had the chance to make Dragon’s Dogma 2 instead of Devil May Cry 5, but it certainly sounds like he’s eager to do it now. Of course, the decision will be ultimately CAPCOM’s, though the studio has been considering a sequel for years now as they told PC Gamer just ahead of the PC release in 2016.

Theres also the interview with Matt Walker where he talks about how Itsuno almost left Capcom around 2013 IIRC. Capcom didn't want him to go so they asked him what they could do to have him stay. He basically gave them a list of games he wanted to make and DMC5 and DD2 were at the top of the list. The current president of Capcom then literally told him to do whatever he wanted.

DD2 is pretty fucking likely, user.

Ah neat, I won't take it as a guarantee but I'll stay a little optimistic for it. Despite the jank and some of the shittier bits of it that game is really a gem, BBI is so damn good.

Attached: 1504234783420s.jpg (124x125, 2K)

bankruptcy.

Itsuno said that he only cared about DMC5 and DD2, he could choose between the two and went for DMC. He also said that now he moved on another project which is supposed to be DD2

>What was RE2 announced 3 years in advance

No, but theres these.

Attached: D80KRVDVUAAf97M.jpg (1200x900, 165K)

DD is also getting some sort of netflix show, so it would make sense.

So from what i understand, these are Capcom's current projects:
Monster Hunter team - Iceborne/MHW2
RE team1 - RE8
RE team2 - RE3R
DMC team - probably DMC6
Itsuno's new team - possibly DD2
SF team - SFV s4 and SF6
? team - Mystery game from the fighting game division
MM team - next MM game?
What about the other division? From what i remember they have at least one more division of devs

Yeah I forgot about that. I also forgot how RE7 didn't really have actual gameplay when it was announced either. Basically my post was bullshit. I'm sorry.

>RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS
So you mean to tell me all we know we have for the rest of the year and 2020 is just Iceborn and more lazy ports for the Switch?

Attached: 1416805600157.jpg (3300x3140, 475K)

5 is okay.

Until they announce something else, yeah.

Supposedly there's also supposed to be another MH team working on the next portable entry because the guy behind the portable entries teased it

There's probably more and larger teams, when Capcom was restructuring and closed down Capcom Vancouver they were simultaneously on a hiring spree in Japan.

We're getting a Rival Schools announcement at evo right?

Cool the west has to ruin something again.

Yes, Capcom already said in their financial reports that they won't release any new big game this year

6 is okay too, Mercs at least

There are no teams in Capcom. Whenever a project ends, everyone gets reassigned to different projects wherever they're needed

Sony has marketing deals with capcom.
Expect them to show up at psx or paris games week

>DMCV was shown at Microsoft last year
Doubt.png

In my wildest dreams, Rival Schools is Itsuno's baby, and last year he gave an interview saying that people should nag Capcom for more Rival Schools game so that he could make one, so i doubt they would make a Rival Schools game without Itsuno at the helm

>psx
user...

You say this but you should know Capcom's Switch ports are super overpriced with no physical copies and no extra features

Would you buy 5/6 again for 30 dollars digital only?

They are corporate sluts, they pair up with everyone. They haven't showed anything because Microsoft and Sony want titles for 2020 to launch with new consoles.

>no Vergil dlc
I don't get it bros, it's easy money for them

Sony had a deal for RE2R. Microsoft had a deal for DMC5.
Capcom doesn't have hardcore allegiances, they partner up with whoever gives more money

You'll pay $60 for DMC5:SE on next gen systems and like it

They could be working on a SE to release with the next generation of consoles, but the way Matt talked on twitter makes me think the team already moved on to DMC6

Capcom will pair up with anyone except Nintendo recently. They have been just treating the Switch with such shit support recently like cutting DMC1 out of a collection and just giving that to them, and porting over RE4 with no motion controls or HD rumble and upping the price 10 dollars. Their only E3 reveal was just more old ports for the system
>Capcom Playstation Reveal 2017: Monster Hunter World
>Capcom Xbox Reveal 2018: Devil May Cry 5
>Nintendo Switch Reveal 2019: lazy ass ports of Resident Evil 5/6

It makes sense if you look back at the gamecube era.

capcom invested a shitton in trying to get people to buy their exclusives on gamecube and they all flopped and had to become multiplats.
Offcourse they are weary now to go full support with switch.

>They have been just treating the Switch with such shit support recently like cutting DMC1 out of a collection and just giving that to them
This one is a mystery to me, why bother taking DMC1 from the collection to release it instead of just releasing the collection, if the Switch can handle DMC1 it can handle 2 and 3

3DS got treated better than this after that though. There's been no fucking reason as to why they're treating the Switch with such resentment. Like I'm pretty sure ripping a game out of a collection takes more effort than just porting the fucking collection

So they can sell you DMC2 at an inflated price silly

>Implying anyone will buy DMC2
Let's not kid ourselves user, DMC2 is infamous, nobody is going to touch that game by itself

Nobody will touch Resident Evil 6 but they're porting it anyway

Wouldn't be surprised to see it sold in a combo pack with the better game like RE0 was.

They put more effort into RE4 on Wii than RE4 on Switch. Think about that.

Because Nintendo stopped distribution of their games in Europe and now Capcom is fucking mad

because that was a port done to cash in on the success of the Wii and its gimmick. The switch port exists because porting RE4 to shit is just what you do now.

But the Switch's gimmick is also waggle and HD Rumble. They put it in Revelations. They didn't even bother here. And still charged more it.

RE7 and REmake2 are same division but different team

The switch's gimmick is portability, nobody on the planet gives a shit about joycon motion control or HD rumble. It also makes more sense to add features to a port of a relatively recent game than it does for one from a decade and a half ago. No excuse for the price, however.