Why does the remake look so damn disgusting?

Why does the remake look so damn disgusting?

Attached: WikWaffle.jpg (3186x1066, 463K)

That's not even a screenshot of the remake you lying little shit, you literally just edited the image on the left.

>stretched HUD elements
Disgusting

the remake doesn't look like that

>edited the image on the left
it's dolphin emulator you fucking orangutan

why does the remake sound so disgusting? they fucking butchered the windfall island music in the remake just so they could use real instruments

Nah, you can cherry pick all you like but the HD version looks fantastic and - more importantly - plays much better.

>the HD version looks fantastic

Attached: 1510374443381.jpg (608x811, 232K)

>HD version looks fantastic
It looks good once you disable all the shitty bloom.

its the same shit with a fucking sun glare filter you massive faggot

Attached: 1559874526501.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

He right though.

Attached: ikY4NP5.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Lens flares ruin the cellshaded look of WW.

Some retarded dev turned the bloom up to eleven and for some reason no one turned it back down
Just turning down the bloom would fix 90% of what's wrong with the remaster

do you actually think those “instruments” in the remake are real? are you actually that aurally inept?

It looked pretty nice to me and again: it plays BETTER. Its a BETTER version.

>there are "people" who don't think Wind Waker HD looks phenomenal

Get fucked, laddies.

Attached: 99db57c847868721382e1eeda06adc5db1413465_hq.jpg (800x450, 28K)

>stretched hud
>when there's a gecko code that gives you a proper 16:9 hud

>tfw you share the board with people with such astoundingly terrible taste

I'm still not over the fact that people think staring at endless ocean waste is "epic and comfy".

I'll be over with the games that don't have forced stealth missions.

All like four of them?

cuz your pc is shit

Why

Attached: image.jpg (750x549, 596K)

Excessive amounts of bloom.

legit had to wear sunglasses to play wwhd because i couldnt be assed to lower the brightness 95% to make it bearable

>I'm still not over the fact that people think staring at endless ocean waste is "epic and comfy".

Imagine being such a soulless retard you don't think that oceans are top tier comfy.

Attached: 1551126290194.gif (307x292, 2.69M)

Windwaker remake is literally just vaporwave zedla

Bloom

I just like having a good variety of dungeons and puzzles over literal empty wasteland and I need some of you kids to acquire better taste if you're going to quote me directly.

It could have looked better. Look at upscaled Wind Waker SD.

I love it to see zoom zooms trying to use words they don't know the meaning of.

It's true. The only reason they did the remaster in the first place is that someone at Nintendo was fucking around with old assets to see what the Wii U hardware was capable of and Wind Waker's art style looked so striking with the new shading and effects that they had to do it.

Here’s an actual screenshot from WWHD

Attached: 378F3B89-A9FC-4750-9EC6-B61C99345EBF.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

Gawjiss

Must be fake my eyes don't even hurt from looking at it

Still looks fantastic. God a 60hz remake using the original lighting on the Switch would be fucking tight.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

And here is GameCube version

Attached: 1891A6CC-A103-4820-A469-5295609A0B75.jpg (1024x819, 100K)

>dude garish BLOOM lmao
Guess it couldn't be helped as it was Nintendo's first HD console, but still, a decade fucking late for that one.

Resolution should be smaller on GC I think....

now show a picture thats actually on in island not looking out at fucking nothing

it's stretched, i wouldn't play the HD version. i beat it already, maybe buy twilight princess. i don't even think i beat that game.

Which looks like shit today. WWHD already looks better due to real shadows, they add a fuckton.

It looks significantly better than WWHD. WWHD couldn't even get the cel-shading right, instead going for a disgusting modeling clay finish.

>It looks significantly better than WWHD
No, brainlet.

>instead going for a disgusting modeling clay finish.
Which looks better. I fear you have to make an argument now.

Question: why couldn't Nintendo let me disable the bloom? Haven't they learned anything from PC games that allow you an almost autistic level of control over the graphics? Me for example, I play games on the lowest settings even though I have a powerful rig, and that's because I don't like stressing my card too much.Also, 60 FPS is much better than muh ambient lighting and all that.

Attached: 250px-Commissioner-James-Gordon.jpg (250x360, 31K)

I did make an argument, which you ignored. I'll take it as a concession.

>I play games on the lowest settings even though I have a powerful rig, and that's because I don't like stressing my card too much
Please tell me you don't actually do this
That's pretty retarded unless your rig sports 2 nvidia cards in summer in the open in a dry forest with the sun shining directly onto it

Constantly keeping your card at even 55 degrees celsius can drastically reduce its lifespan, not to mention the damage it does to the thermal paste by drying it up too fast, unless you're using a graphite thermal pad.

the bloom in wwhd is overkill but the skybox is better in every possible way.

NINTENDO

>spend $800 on a graphics card
>play on lowest settings
>60 fps is okay
im not even mad, im just concerned

Attached: 1519604711485.png (420x420, 84K)

I really wish it had a filter to make it like pic related. Characters are cel shaded with a outline, and everything else had that style that Skyward sword used. Of course options to turn on/off the bloom and filter iy want the original GC look.

Attached: pDxfQ5W.jpg (1900x2568, 505K)

>I play games on the lowest settings even though I have a powerful rig, and that's because I don't like stressing my card too much
Hilarious. Do you throw salt over your shoulder too?

>spend money on decent non-chinese parts
>want them to last a long time
>don't constantly stress them at 90 degrees
>last at least 5-10 years

Yes, what a shock that I don't want to regularly replace it every other year.

The remaster doesn't look like that. It looks like this and it looks great.

Attached: 7.jpg (1280x720, 445K)

graphic cards and cpus are built to withstand high temps for a long time but when you overclock them they will not last as long because they were not built to be that hot.

There's a 40 degree difference between maximum load and normal load. Your gpu will last 5-10 years at 55 degrees; you're just fucking weird.

Good graphics cards and CPUs can last. Unfortunately the industry leaders haven't made a good GPU or CPU in years. Intel's CPUs have been swiss cheese in terms of security, and Nvidia has been grilled cheese in terms of temp management. It seriously makes me contemplate switching over to AMD, especially for emulating Wind Waker.

Yes because the raedon 7 had really great thermals.

I'll admit I'm paranoid. But when you build a computer up from scratch and you know it from the inside out, you just don't want your baby to get hurt. I even felt this towards crappy pre-builts from best buy. I still have a gaming laptop from 2013 I think, and it still emulates gamecube games perfectly, but I really wanted some of those sweet UI enhancements from Wind Waker HD, and texture packs only get you so far.

>what's a 1080ti?

>ruined the simple good-looking flat water
literally why

Are you talking about the ocean waves? Those were in the original but you couldn't really tell because of the low render distance.

My Zotac AMP Extreme 1080ti never goes above the 60s in temp.

Last hot GPU I had was the single slot 8800gt that would get close to 90c in summer.

Attached: poor college student desk.jpg (1920x1080, 497K)

Nice poofans, artfag.

What is a poofans?

7.8/10
Too much water