FF7 Remake is a mess. Here's how it should have been done

FF7 Remake is a mess. Here's how it should have been done.

Attached: 235.jpg (1443x1001, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
novacrystallis.com/2016/12/artist-roberto-ferrari-speaks-designs-final-fantasy-xv/
nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4?tab=description
youtube.com/watch?v=1uUhe6yOc-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TTGsEHOjzAE
youtube.com/watch?v=lbORjWw_6No
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers
flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=109&more=1#ixzz0TBP1qHMo
youtube.com/watch?v=1oz7gH8x-ts
youtu.be/Bq8-7R8pfMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boo.

Attached: image.png (392x464, 293K)

FF7's gameplay was never good, the only way they could fuck up the remake is if it ends up getting the straight line treatment like X/XIII

the bushes the bushes THE BUSHES

>Cloud in the middle
>between Yuffie and Aerith
based

Hey there bro, Dragon Quest here, just to remind you that our series has stayed true to it's roots and classic gameplay while still delivering great games.
Enjoy your movie game remakes :)

Attached: 1537293881171.png (700x970, 966K)

why not just play the PC version and mod it. What's your issue with a re-imagining?

Attached: 15.jpg (1444x1000, 454K)

isn't that what the pic literally is though

Think modders will be able to get the Remake's models into the old PC game?

The remake should have been made around 2007

They wont even try

Attached: battle2.jpg (1442x1020, 333K)

What mods?

daily reminder that FFVII's battle models never looked bad

I mean, turn based are closer to movie games than actually controlling your character in real time. And DQ has never had competent gameplay while FF7R looks incredible. Thanks for your concern though!

Attached: download (2).jpg (2162x680, 205K)

Gonna need to see Yuffie's tummy up close to get a better assessment

Yeah but your series has that disgusting outdated Toriyama "art """style"""
I'll take a bit of failed innovation over that any day.

soul/soulless

Fuck off turn based retards

Attached: hold_O_to_win_1.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

This does not look good. I'd rather just play the PS1 version. If you're going to keep the same UI just keep the same game.

Attached: 1413934328485.png (302x237, 4K)

Some mods on
forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
and the battle models are on nexus.

This actually makes me want to go finish Persona 3 right now. Fucking thank you user

>thinking bad
>mashing x good

XV will never be interesting, Barry.

Have fun getting your full game by the time you're 40

Good god that looks like shit. Just leave it the way it was.

Yeah menu shuffling is """thinking""".

Imagine being this stupid.

That's your problem nigger. I'm having fun.

Attached: battle.jpg (1439x997, 289K)

No one mentioned XV.

>party composition
>equipment composition
>jobs/materias/junctions etc

i cant wait to see how baby basic the materia weapon, armlet and accessory system is in FF7R.

Imagine being retarded enough to think that webm proves a point.

All Persona games are literal VNs lmao.

All Persona games are literal VNs lmao.

That's called a remaster my friend

>Cinematic attack mashing trash remade into cinematic attack mashing trash

FUCK YOU SQUARE

you were so overwhelmed with respect and admiration, giving user a single (You) wasn't enough?

What mods are these? It doesn't replace the world map models with the battle ones does it? Because they always look bad

I've played JRPG's since 1992 when I was 12 years old (Final Fantasy II US/FF4). I have always felt that DQ had too simplistic of battle systems to warrant their turn based gameplay. Most of the times your characters are just doing default attacks, most bosses when you WOULD use disabling spells like slow or stop, are immune to those spells, so you just mash attack and cast your highest damage spell while using healing white magic occasionally till it turns pink and fades. You don't need to think and strategize for that. it needlessly slows down the pace of the battles and makes it boring.

I continued to play Turn based JRPG's for story and character casts I enjoyed, but always found the combat to be lacking compared to Turn Based Strategy games. In the mid 90's we started having action RPG's with the same attention to cast and plot as turn based, with Tales, Star Ocean, hell, you could even bring up a menu and manually control your spellcasters in fights just like a final fantasy game, but the fights were in real time, the pace and flow was much better, without losing complexity (in fact adding some slightly because character position mattered more, rather than just front row/back row) because there was next to none to begin with.

Now FF7R is giving us a real combat system that looks incredibly promising, it's already better than the entire DQ franchise based on what we've seen, they incorporated ATB in a very smart way and characters have more individuality.

Attached: 1560229669161.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

enjoy your stagnant shit cringelord

>forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
Thankye user

>FF7
>cinematic

shouldn't you be in bed by now zoomer

Attached: 1560450069807.png (1700x800, 931K)

Never played ff7 should I just play the ps1 version or start with crisis core?

Attached: 27972548_955020624662463_7945675039437018711_n.jpg (228x220, 11K)

>>party composition
Characters are near functionally identical in FF7, the same is not true in the remake.
>>equipment composition
Has always been "equip the higher number", that isn't depth.
>>jobs/materias/junctions etc
Enemy Skill is the only relevant Materia for 90% of the game. Again the remake will be superior in this regard.

Barry (or do you prefer XV-kun?), we can spot your butthurt "hold O to win" videos a mile away. Even if you don't like the turn based games, at least they have complete stories featuring interesting worlds and characters.

Imagine thinking any FF game's combat isn't braindead

Does it have big tits?

Just saved one of his webms.
It's accurate to turn based trash. Stay obsessed with some shitposter.

>its okay for FF7R to be braindead because every other FF game is braindead

based zoomer consumerist """"logic""""

Attached: belly.jpg (1441x998, 408K)

Here's how it should have been done.

Attached: 1445976198672.gif (450x650, 318K)

Laways play games in release order.

ATB is one of the worst battle systems of all time

I fucking totally agree. They should have went for the HD thing and add even more things to the game. Develop all the missing content, do the game you wanted to do back then, the fans would love you for it

Based and redpilled.

Imagine being retarded enough to think it doesn't. Turn based retards will squeal that their menu simulators are so deep and challenging when in reality you can hold X/O to win.

Real time combat is far deeper due to things like positioning, selecting the ideal move based on enemy positioning, using moves with high commitment, vs low commitment, higher damage but more vunlerable, or linear, aoe, crowd control, vs fast linear, launchers, actual hitboxes, etc, etc, etc, and after formulating your strategy, you now have to have the actual skill to execute it. The amount of variables and strategy you have to consider in a real time game and at a much faster pace is so much more than what a turn based game requires.

Attached: hold O to win 2.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

based retard

user, I’m pretty sure it’s not XV-kun, and if it is, he isn’t acting like a moron for once. This place is getting to you.

>no belly button
As I thought, what a waste

Attached: 1551768747893.jpg (1680x1050, 87K)

From what we've seen FF7R has more depth than any other game in the series

Fuck off zoomer. I was on GameFAQs when VII was released initially and the "this is the ruining and end of the franchise" argument for it was "3 character parties" and "no job skills". Fact is, while everyone had their individual Limit Breakers and stat differences, for the most part nothing made them unique compared to other party members.

VII R seems to be implementing skills to make each player character feel unique outside of just Limit Breaks and stats this time. While VII was a great game without a doubt, your individual party members could have benefitted from being more unique.

This came to mind after reading a discussion about the implementation of Long Range materia. I doubted something like that will find its way into game as that would take away utility from characters like Barret and Vincent. Look at how Barret was utilized in the Guard Scorpion battle.

what game are you describing

SQUARE ENIX
HIRE
THAT
MAN

Explain how the FF7 remake is in any way different from pic related

>Aerith

that would be a remaster, not a remake.

Wizardry did it better

sure bro

What’s the point of complaining when you can get it how you want for free right now?

Actual retard. It's pretty clear that folk like yourself just don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. The example you give for turn base applies to quite a few games, that's true, but what you say for real time combat is overwhelming bullshit for most titles. Maybe play more games?

fuck you

It's gameplay wasn't great, but it was very safe and standard. Versus FF15 which is literal one button. Meme all you want about JRPGs being one button I don't recall ever being able to just attack my way through bosses. Meanwhile in ff15 you can LITERALLY hold down phase and win battles.

LMAO
THAT MOD LOOK REDICULOUS
THE VANILLA VERSION HAS 100X MORE SOUL

Attached: ff7_2019_05_29_18_00_55_369.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

I agree. I feel nothing for 7r. It should have gotten RE remake treatment. Everyone around me is excited for this and I'm just holding in my opinion because I don't want to be a debbie downer.
Way to use a scripted battle as an example numbnuts.

Attached: dragonball03247.jpg (800x474, 194K)

We had nude cindi within 48 hours of the game's release.

New barret looks badass.

In the FF7 game? Ya right, prove it.

It’s on PS4? Anyway, if you played FFV than you would know it’s strong point is the gameplay and that battles play out really tactically interacting - especially when you experiment with jobs. People grinding says nothing about that.

>Real time combat is far deeper due to things like positioning, selecting the ideal move based on enemy positioning, using moves with high commitment, vs low commitment, higher damage but more vunlerable, or linear, aoe, crowd control, vs fast linear, launchers, actual hitboxes, etc, etc, etc, and after formulating your strategy, you now have to have the actual skill to execute it.
*invalidates this entire list in ffxv*

Attached: pbsrfG7.png (104x104, 8K)

>Gaurd Hound is gone and not spamming him with defense buffs and also attacking you
>scripted battle
Nice fake cherrypicking

What's the best version of FF7 to play?

dragonball evolution is the most offensive and worst movie i have ever suffered through. there is no movie i despise more than that.

The doujins

I've never liked the music in a dragon quest game and it always puts me off them

original ps1 on a crt television

Good thing the Remake doesn't have XV's combat

play a real game

Attached: 1532473454445.webm (1280x720, 1.38M)

All the mods trying to replace models and shit for FF7 just look really bad. the original models arent amazing but they are way better than the fan made shit.

but this looks like shit OP

what are you, fucken stupid or something?

THE CHARM SALT IS REAL

All of these "enhancement" mods look like utter shit and if this was official, this board would be eating it alive. You KNOW it's only okay because one fan made it. If a studio published that, you know you would fucking hate it.

nu-barret alone makes up for any other character's design deficiencies. looking forward to seeing what they do with vincent.

No way you filthy dirty cum guzzling whore. I would definitely love it if they actually made their game like the official art. I mean, the base game already has the battle models look somewhat like the official art, they are just low quality compared to what you see in OP. Now, if I was your pimp and you talked to me that way pretending like you know how I am, I would be furious.

lol

I'm amazed FF7 isn't the most popular game of all time to...a certain political leaning:
>transexual protagonist
>disabled black guy party member
>all powerful messiah female party member
>empowered native american party member (as a cat furry)
>another cat furry party member
>strong business owning female party member
>strong independent (not thief) female party member
>bishonen vampire-aesthetic party member
>white guy party member is a crude loser that failed to do his one job
>environmentalism themes
>anticapitalist themes
>bishonen villain

If a studio published that then I would only hate the animations

GRAPHICS GOOD
>while FF7R looks incredible

PRODUCT GOOD, STOP QUESTIONING, CONSUME

>we have seen
>depth

>BUTTON MASHING GAME A IS NOT LIKE BUTTON MASHING GAME B
CONSUME

LITERALLY
>it's ok when japan does it

moar

fucking this

>This the the best argument anti-remakes fags have.

I seriously don't get how the gameplay is such a topic of discussion when we are talking about ridiculously basic JRPG turn-based gameplay in the original, which I cannot fathom actually being someone's favourite thing about this game, and they actually managed to pull off a great middle ground.
To me and I assume anyone who cares about this game as a remake of FF7 and not just March 2020's big new release, the changes in story, the episodic structure and pacing, and the design to some extent are much more worrisome.

Wow, this mod looks Souless and uncanny.

>Way to use a scripted battle as an example numbnuts.
that is what trolls do, they cherrypick. Why do you think Eric spams that one Xenoblade 2 webm? He wants to make that game look as bad as possible.

Attached: DGkQHvWUQAEnUXW.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

>vincent
enjoy waiting for episode 3 in 2026

>>transexual protagonist

and your shitpost was invalidated in your first item

>Level 27
>early game area
What the fuck? Did some autistic nigger grind early game just to pretend to be retarded and make FF V look bad?

It would be cool if most of the added content to this first game was more like Yakuza. All of the main story is exactly the same, but you would have all these optional stories to get involved in around Midgar to flesh out the world. That would make the plate crashing down all the more tragic.
That's not whats gonna happen though, its gonna be a bunch of trash OC overdesigned characters added into the story. Fucking end me.

Have you seen Squall's new model on the FFVIII remaster?

dilate

Attached: froged.jpg (1440x1003, 435K)

>What the fuck? Did some autistic nigger grind early game just to pretend to be retarded and make FF V look bad?

Probably.

>its gonna be a bunch of trash OC overdesigned characters added into the story
Ferrari said there wasn't going to be that many
>there aren’t many new characters in VII Remake, I just reinterpreted the ones that already existed. I don’t have the freedom of choice I had with XV.
novacrystallis.com/2016/12/artist-roberto-ferrari-speaks-designs-final-fantasy-xv/

Barrett in the middle unironically looks like a fortnite character

bazzy getting iffy uh

NuBarret didn't quite sit with me back in 2015, but last week's trailer made me change my mind, that portrait not having the sunglasses really helped a lot

>being this overleveled

zoom zoom

Attached: 24e62b35cf7.jpg (1200x1650, 211K)

and the sad thing, he overleveled to try and prove a point and all it did was prove how moronic the guy was.

>make the same webm with FF7R
>same inputs

>Fortnite uses PBR
>therefore every game and 3D model that uses PBR looks like Fortnite

Peak brainlet

i wanna see tifa turned into a frog

That is actually a scary way to view.
IF it was launched nowadays, probably would be marketed was such by sjw.

I wonder, are Jessie and the rest of AVALANCHE going to be stand-ins for Cid and the rest of the post-Midgar party? I mean, even Red XIII is kind of iffy since he joins you right at the end of Midgar too

Those are all NOT exaggerations.

I've commented before that VII is leftist as fuck (with Cid being the one outlier), and what's miraculous is that it pulls all this off without being the slightest bit preachy, so people don't even think of it as being an 'environmentalist' game.

If you think the defining feature of FF is the gameplay you have terminal zoomitis
Not to say 7R doesn't look any less brainless in that regard but at least it's flashier and you won't have to sit through transitions and long animations

I'm excited and worried about them expanding Midgar

I wonder if the vore enemy will be in the remake haha

Attached: Hungry_FF7.png (284x302, 25K)

>Those are all NOT exaggerations.

Cloud is, at worst, a bi-sexual crossdresser, not a full on tranny.

So what?
FFXV being hot garbage doesn't mean turn based shit isn't mechanically inferior.

are you sure? he wasn't that reluctant about the whole thing. maybe that was his true side that we don't get a chance to see again during the game...or the follow-up movies...or other materials...definitely not someone's headcanon

>Cid: YARRR!!! I SURE SHOWED THOSE !#$%#^ TOADS

just pre-ordered the deluxe edition. can't fucking wait, you shitposting losers.

Since when sjw crew care about facts my doods. They would just milk it all the way, trying to push the same old shit in everyone's head.

Dude, I'm not black

That's your problem nigger.

Don't forget to waifu2x every single background in the game OP.

Stop it, fucker. I'm not black. You don't even know me.

Just a threadly reminder that the very director of the nu FF7 has no idea how many parts the game will even be.

>very director of the nu FF7
Kitase is the producer

That's your problem ni--nah, nevermind. I am going to go drink some beer.

???

>or start with crisis core?
do NOT do this!!
In fact, it's best to pretend that CC doesn't even exist. Period.

Play FF7, and that's it.

>From what we've seen FF7R has more depth than any other game in the series
it's LITERALLY the same shit as FFXV from what we've seen so far. Goddammit this place is plagued by double standards.

Link to these mods????
I've had the steam version for years and I tried the HD ai texture, but the Seventh Heaven mod organizer (???) caused my game to not load at all.

In before people rip the remake assets, and somehow manage to make their own fan remake out of the original, properly.

nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4?tab=description

Attached: 1343663190977.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

Oh shit. I was gonna repost the link from earlier in the thread but then you said the mod organizer didn't load your game. I don't think I can help you dude, it seems like you're bad at following instructions.

Wrong mod.
youtube.com/watch?v=1uUhe6yOc-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TTGsEHOjzAE

Attached: Catastrophe.png (1276x669, 539K)

FUCK realism

Attached: 0KleA9K.jpg (1440x2106, 141K)

Wow and you do all that by yourself? You go champ!

Nah I've beaten it inside and out like 5 times. It will always be there for me to play. I want what were getting it's pretty incredible in scope.

New DQ was awesome but it isn't a competition you faggot fuck. FF7R is gonna be great too.

>FF7R is gonna be great too.
It's not.

Yes it will be you dumb mako infused downs baby.

>It's gameplay wasn't great, but it was very safe and standard
Ironically, FFVII exists only BECAUSE the devs took risk. It was actually a defining characteristic of main line FF games to be what they are due to the devs taking risk of "departing from the previously-proven-to-be-successful models" and basically making an attempt to "fix what ain't broken". It occusionally went worse and at other times it went well. It's just that FFVII-FFX all went somewhat well and FFXII also not being all that bad (in hindsight, appearently), but that success streak made FFXIII and FFV problems seem so over-the-top, when they aren't the first ones to be "below the expectations compared to the previous entries". But still, "taking risks" is the SOUL of Final Fantasy. Those who wish for a "safety first" approach are basically calling for a SOULLESS result.

bushes the bushes the bushes bushes, bushes the bushes the bushes bushes

youtube.com/watch?v=lbORjWw_6No

Overwhelming for who? Are you fucking insane? That's the basis of every single action game that isn't cinematic shit like Arkham. Like, the bare minimum concept of depth, having different moves with tradeoffs and filling particular niches.
What fucking games do you even play to think that's overwhelming? Oh right, you play bad JRPGs before going to Yea Forums and being proud for being such a master thinker for spamming attack and curaga like a goddamn literal 8 year old

Yeah it is

That some nightmare full right there.

>Episodic
>Directed by Nomura
>The compilations are canon
If you have any faith in this game you're pretty much retarded.

>Returning to the first area of the game with party members and abilities you don't have on your first visit
>Needing to use a Tent every two battles
>Still almost wipe to a random encounter

You sure showed 'em with this one.

nonoriri is cute

what game?

>make the same webm with FF7R
>same inputs
>watch how Cloud jobs to a sweeper by being held down and Barret dies alone with his 3-5 damage/sec default non-ATB attack - GAME OVER

your mom simulator

Reminder that Zack, a 19 year old at the time, was dating Aerith, a 14 year old.

Attached: 1550337907877.jpg (550x761, 119K)

What the fuck is with Yuffie's hand?

>re-imagining
the concept itself is cancerous

but i don't want to fuck my mom

There is such a thing as planning too much, which is what led to XV's demise. Just build the fucking game as you go and let things come along organically.

Oh keep crying. They're expanding the game to a level so high.. A lot of work is going into it, the first boss looks awesome. I can't wait to see what they do with the rest. Turning each part of the game into a full one is kino as fuck.

Nu-Barret is just Black Auron.

FF8 remake unironically looks better. I guess playing FF7 on PC with mods will be the way to go. Sad!

crisis core is awesome. also, play in order of release skipping dirge

Those big fucking clown sized shoes are retarded

and?

FF7R Zack needs one of these beards

Attached: file.png (700x777, 647K)

Dragon Quest 11

why do teenaged girls find this attractive

SQUARE ENIX HIRE THIS MAN

Legal where I live

can you play as her most of the game? and does she always wear that?

Thats tight

>actually watching it
neck yourself

Zoomers can't fathom anything not playing like a standard fps, ots action shooter or action rpg. The game must incessantly tell them where to go and what to do or they will get frustrated and bored. That's why this game and resident evil 2 remake are cinematic casualized garbage.

what's up with that ugly ass arm guard she has?

It's a turn-based RPG so you can have her in your party yes.

someone hire whoever made this

>Zoomers can't fathom anything not playing like a standard fps, ots action shooter or action rpg. The game must incessantly tell them where to go and what to do or they will get frustrated and bored. That's why this game and resident evil 2 remake are cinematic casualized garbage.
Help! We need help! This user believes he can "see things that others can't see" like the full non-tutorial gameplay of final fantasy VII remake! Quick! Get this user into a closed Psychiatry! Now!

Thanks!
I think what it was was that I had originally installed the game and dabbled with some mods like hard installed them, and then forgetting about it and attempting to try all these things now. I just havent had the nerve to reinstall from scratch.

She was 15 and he was 16. He was born in 1984 and she was born in 1985. They dated in 0000 (2000, not sure why it reset)

Attached: __aerith_gainsborough_and_zack_fair_crisis_core_final_fantasy_vii_and_etc_drawn_by_ginmu__963b7e2b13 (800x552, 488K)

>t. don't know what render is

peak comfy

Once she joins your party, sure
>and does she always wear that?
It's a costume, so first you need to find the equipment. And eventually you'll need better equipment to progress. Though the Switch version is adding fashion slots so you can change your costume while still using stronger gear.

Censorship

FF is better and more memorable.

Yep, a non-argument. Thanks for the partipation.

he sells them coke or E

It is nothing like XV you dummy.

The combat is practically a 1:1 carbon copy of it, only with instantly available character-swapping. Hell, it even has the time-stop "tactical moodo" that was an option in XV.

The exploration controls and camera are pretty much identical as well. Same thing with the UI design.

>first thing the player does when they get control is change the menu screens all black
kino

Attached: FIVR3AFG6MPG5IO.LARGE.jpg (300x460, 24K)

I'm glad with the direction the remake is going in but this does look fantastic. Is it a mod or just a mock-up?

>A game that isn't out and I haven't played is a mess
>Here's a shitty mod I like

>No "hold circle to win" option unless overleveled
>No item spamming because using an item costs ATB
In other words all the shit that people hated about FFXV's gameplay are not in FFVIIR, at least.

Is there an easier way to install the mod without the stupid mod manager?

Threadly reminder that American zoomers are killing gaming
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers

Your series has stagnated lmao

>The combat is practically a 1:1 carbon copy of it
7remake is much more focused on the ground and I'm pretty sure doesn't even have a jump button while XV let you teleport all over the battlefield. You can't switch weapons like XV. Magic actually works like magic in 7re unlike the retarded grenades in XV. An item costs an ATB bar while XV lets you spam 99 of them whenever
>Same thing with the UI design
The blue healthbar portion has been consistent with practically every FF. The command shortcut menu is more like kh than XV.
Did you actually play xv or watch the trailers for 7re?

what mods?

Attached: MyzF8zA[1].jpg (500x551, 47K)

It's slower more grounded and less automatic

Attached: ccad382.jpg (2960x1440, 625K)

You're a fucking retard. First off, the time stop garbage in XV was just similar to Dissidia's version of tactics. In VIIR, it stops time to act as a real turn, and you get access to many different abilities, just like the original game. The action is nothing like XV. XV's gameplay badly imitates Kingdom Hearts with it's mechanics. VIIR, Cloud's attacks are weighted, fast, and not floaty. That alone makes the game completely different in combat.

Attached: FFXV PS4 Controls.png (1920x1080, 846K)

reddit remake 7.

>implying TWO (2) minor, nearly cosmetic differences negate the striking similarities
really scraping the bottom there.

>muh teleport!!
>muh weapon switch!
You kids could make each modern CoD sound completely different experiences if you really wanted to, huh?

>Did you actually play xv or watch the trailers for 7re?
Apparently I'm the only one who actually played the game ITT.

Attached: eat shit.png (470x143, 75K)

I just fucking punched my screen

How does Cloud look in the wheel chair? I want a hi res of that, please.

that fanart just makes him look like he crawled out of killer instinct and is going to fuck you in the ass

>You kids
I listed off more than just teleporting and weapon switching. Funny how you had to ignore that to continue shitposting

If this happens, you're retarded. There are items that resist charm and you should have a shit ton of charm cures at that point

>Bemoaning that FF7R is a fundamentally different game than the original instead of a 1:1 remaster with better graphics
>comparing it to playing the literal same game but with modded graphics
Why not just play the modded game and save $200? Why are SOUL niggers so retarded?

>Aerith dead, as per usual.
>Cloud proudly presenting katana, likely the culprit.
>Tifa is having a great day.
lol'd

ps: TIFA IS WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

Attached: Hello there.png (650x900, 1.18M)

Attached: 4cd94c3c4ca811c5fe7baf2bbbc4be47.jpg (2000x2702, 353K)

I'm outtie

Attached: image.gif (500x220, 493K)

>OH NO! The structure and designs of the pipes are different! Remake ruined! REEEEEEEEE!

Yeah the old gun design definitely would have looked bad. it doesn't even look functional.

THE CAMERA WAS ON THE WHOLE TIME, HUH?

I'd rather have FF8 quality models that are still distinguishable for 7's style than literally slapping Nomura's artwork onto these things and having something that clashes so damn horribly. Of course, monsters would need textures and animation improvements to keep up to par so that's no small feat.

Despite Dragon Quest and Bravely Default's popularity, SE remains retarded and strays farther from God's turn-based light every day.

you can keep on listing superficial differences all you want. It will not change the fact that the combat consists of the same real time 3rd person combat, where you control one of the cast members and let the other two run loose, occasionally triggering a special move and switching to alternative tactics when the enemy is about to perform his. FF7R just renames MP into ATB; you even recharge it in similar manner, and the Stagger system is straight from the ex-FNC trilogy.

>Though the Switch version is adding fashion slots so you can change your costume while still using stronger gear.
Based. I wanted Serena to wear the dancer garb forever.

Attached: Dragon-Quest-XI-Costumes-Dancer-Set.jpg (1099x2159, 260K)

Ur retard

>zack not cloud
Cuckoldry fuck

It does not clash at all. It's literally what they were going for at the time.
And yes, the mod includes enemy re-textures too.

Attached: 4-1532393599-1411044457.png (1018x709, 407K)

Welcome to the world, zoom zoom.

ALL of them?

I want to bundle you sticks into one gigantic faggot and burn you.

Because that was Tabatha doing his shit, whilst Nomura is a massive Aerith x Cloud fag. He will shit on your zerith ship.

It does clash because the characters aren't that strictly anime in the CGI cutscenes, and the backgrounds don't match with them at all

Cloud's right there you blind homo.

>Fundamental differences to the gameplay are superficial differences
holy yikes you are so desperate to keep this shitposting conversation going. No thanks

Mash X in FF7 and see how far you get.

Tifa is on the ground

Attached: un.jpg (1441x1080, 446K)

>you can keep on listing superficial differences all you want. It will not change the fact that the combat consists of the same real time 3rd person combat, where you control one of the cast members and let the other two run loose, occasionally triggering a special move and switching to alternative tactics when the enemy is about to perform his.

And what the fuck is supposed to be wrong with that? If anything this focuses on solving the flaws that FV and KH have with their combat while retaining similar core combat systems, which can only be good compared to "select enemy skill".

its a REMAKE not a reskin you grade a faggot

thats the most soulless a video game character has ever looked

I've been playing them since FF1 and DW1 and you are retard.

this is a good bait

This is incredibly ugly, how do people play like this?

>Nomura is a massive Aerith x Cloud fag.
Nomura doesn't care about ships himself
"How many girls has Sephiroth ever loved?"
>Tetsuya Nomura: What kind of question is that? I've never thought about it. Honestly, I don't care who loves whom. I think you could imagine the scenarios that we don't mention however you want to. You could enjoy talking about that with friends. For example, I was frequently asked if there had been romantic relationship between Tifa and Cloud for two years, after FF7 ended, but I don't have any clue.
flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=109&more=1#ixzz0TBP1qHMo

Post a picture of the vanilla game, unmodded and unmolested.

Hand him an Esuna then.

The fundamentals are exactly the same. They belong to the same ball park.

It's all superficial balancing and pacing alterations that create these "differences" you try to highlight so dearly.

There are still MP you utter fucking baboon. For someone who played XV for 100+ hours, you seem to not even get what's the fundemental problems with XV's combat.

FF7 REmake is just mashing square to advance the ATB gauge.

>people still using my webm to discard nostalgia babbys
I wasn't over-leveled you fucking spergs. I did no grinding whatsoever on my last run. Much of VII can be cleared by mashing Attack like most RPGs.

Attached: aeris smug.jpg (467x700, 69K)

Ofc he dont, those are silly ships. But it is known he likes clerith, kingdom hearts, dissidia etc..
I think he doesnt say it because to him its obvious but acts speak louther than words. Look at how he expresses himself about them when they ask him.

Attached: enjoying the pantsu.png (968x720, 711K)

Attached: 5 gil well spent.jpg (1134x1134, 111K)

The thing that everyone is going to be talking about once the game releases is how ridiculous it is to have to mash square all the time.

>But it is known he likes clerith
Not really. That's just projection

>has stayed true to it's roots and classic gameplay
It's like you haven't played anything after 8 on the PS2. The gameplay has been significantly babbified ever since, it hasn't been 'true to its roots' for a long time now.

I'm not saying I don't like 11's true turn based system but it's nothing at all like the round based system and you'd have to be an idiot to not see the massive difference it makes in gameplay. I AM saying that removal of random encounters have turned the modern games, and remakes, into baby games for babies, you baby.

>5 gil
>didn't get the discount

Attached: lol.gif (338x338, 704K)

Looks better

Attached: ff7-battle-5_scale_800_700.jpg (640x448, 49K)

Attached: 15754D2F-0062-4274-BC48-50300A0B9203.png (80x80, 11K)

Fuck your classic gameplay, give me unscuffed damage formulas that make blade of ultimate powet good

You only need to hit the enemy like at most 4 times for an ATB bar to be filled.

youtube.com/watch?v=1oz7gH8x-ts

What's stopping me from remaking FFVI like this video on godot and making webms on twitter and Yea Forums and eventually releasing anonymously on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1554452192913.png (999x1030, 390K)

I don't know.

Plus co-director likes clerith too.

Attached: 40C311EC-A1EB-4B69-B2C0-DD03CA619A9B.jpg (606x697, 157K)

That's because you have it on a lower resolution.

The only "fans" that are angry about the remake are you turn based autist.

The fuck, you trying to say it would look worse at higher resolution?

Laziness.

>he doesn't want smooth polygons
Your loss then.

>you seem to not even get what's the fundemental problems with XV's combat.
there was problems with the combat?

fellas...

Attached: sfm bait.png (655x611, 353K)

You can just play that now, faggot. Go.

>AERITTTTHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 12969580947845414912_20190426015706_1.png (1920x1080, 234K)

>Fanart made by blindly adhering o the final look of the original

Yeah, ok, like it’s totally not just referenced from Nomura’s art.

Attached: DCDA6A6F-04F0-46EE-9247-D642B406C984.png (398x448, 198K)

SHADMAN
take her away

Attached: shadman logic.jpg (658x818, 130K)

>look at the interview again
>posts a different interview and one that came before the one I linked
>doesn't even know the context of the scene he's talking about
Cloud shows up in Hollow bastion in the credits and it turns out he was one of the people that escaped years ago after maleficent took over. They were just friends reuniting
There's nothing deeper, you delusional shipfag

jesus there's even a mod nexus for ff7 now?

Attached: which way western man.jpg (556x241, 69K)

"flower girl"

Is that from an emulator?

Attached: ff7_bc_2019_06_14_17_25_37_125.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

But does she actually look that way, or is she censored in the US/EU releases?

not much there, to be honest. all the modding is either at quimm or automatically added to the 7thHeaven launcher and mod installer

yes

Attached: 12969580947845414912_20190426015843_1.png (1920x1080, 281K)

This is just retarded webm. Guardhound is missing which will fuck your shit up if you ignore it. That Bolt really actually hurts quite a bit

Would you pollinate that flower?

Attached: 1522744636930.jpg (661x1000, 408K)

It shouldn't even be possible to be this retarded. It's the other way around. Real time combat encourages mashing because developers are forced to water down the combat into simpler forms in order to make the combat more palatable. Games with real time combat are inherently simpler than those with turn-based combat because the information has to be easy to digest for brainlets.

Attached: 1558015689146.png (720x720, 629K)

Nu Barret is 10/10

Classic FFVII ATB combat is the dumbest fucking hill to die on. It's not even good turn based shit like most MegaTen games.

I honestly wish they invested in making an engine that could render characters exactly like the art. Imagine, an entire Final Fantasy game built from the ground up to look like the actual goddamn art for it. It'd be amazing. Even more if they used Amano's fantastic art and not Nomura's shit.

From top of my head. Noctis can't get K.O'd. Unless you purposely don't use Phoenix Down when he was kneeling. Character switching was clunky as hell, your party members auto teleports to the player controlled character, instead of staying in their position making positioning moot, not to mention the animation right after switching removes urgency. Item spamming (which I think will be an issue in FF7R as well since attacks fills ATB a bit too generous but still, there is the risk & reward kind of thing, where you need to be on the offensive to fill the meter, guarding fills the ATB really slowly), parrying feels a bit janky for Noctis but Gladios feels really good because there's no weird slowdown, Noctis feels like a brick on air, unless you can spam aerial dodges which uses MP, enemies having little to no tell or winding animation which makes the combat too hectic for eg, Noctis attacks a mech aerially, suddenly out of nowhere, the mech just launch fucking missiles from it's pod without the mech hunkering down, open up the pods, and then firing the missiles.

You sound like a whale

I made the mistake of making all four members berserkers for easier grinding in that squirrel cave, until a skull eater just shows up outta nowhere and I'm 100% fucked

i dont know about dragon quest since ive never played any of the games, but ATB has always been a retarded system, waiting for meters to fill up before being able to do anything is simply stupid, im willing to forgive the older games because because they were trying something new but no new game has any excuse to use it.
Good realtime action>>turn based>>>>>ATB>bad real time action

Attached: Denis.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

>Marlenes eyes
This is clearly unfinished. How is it possible that the devs worked over 5 years on this game and still didn't get to fully render that part of the game? Jesus Christ

Attached: 1542813597128.png (404x480, 98K)

Most autistic fanbase. Worse than REfags crying about RE2

That and the device on one of her legs. When I first played it I thought she had a prosthetic. Made the character a bit more interesting.

>Aerith dead, as per usual.
She's just taking a quick nap. Tired of dealing with no damage retards in her party.

>mfw I'm going to preorder ever episode of FF7R and I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of it

Attached: 1556976684634.png (1287x858, 1.61M)

>preorder
retard

Cloud did his usual victory post and struck Aerith by accident.

FF7 has one of the best FF battle system. Animation are fast, the game doesn’t freeze the time when it’s your turn, also materia’s system is perfect

nah

what really killed my replay was realizing just how easy the game was and how pointless it was to give any thought to your materia besides equipping enemy skill on everyone. they really dropped the ball with balance. so many cool materia and combinations and no reason whatsoever to use them. and then the optional bosses are just "spam kotr and mimic." why even bother?

remake is already way better simply from party members having individuality

Based. I think a lot of people's expectations are either insanely high because of how much praise it gets, or people have forgotten just how damn good the gameplay is.

Your animations are jank you lazy ass bitch.

of the FFs I've played, here are the combat systems ranked from best to worst
12 > X-2 > 7 > 13-2 > 13 > pre-7 ATB > X >>>>> turn-based

not counting side games, of course

This is why I like New Threat. Actually gives purpose to the materia system and forces more thought into your moves.

he is right,and you are dumb,stop typing

maybe if you're a retard that doesn't understand how materia works

Turn based RPGs, musous, I play them both. If you hate turn based games, that just means you're and american nigger.

>How is it possible that the devs worked over 5 years
Because they've only been working on the current version of the game since mid 2017. 2014-early 2017 was an outsourced studio and all their work was trashed and SE started over when they went in house. Typical Japanese incompetence.

If you calculate the damage he does in that webm it only equals out to like 50% of rufus's HP also
so
>guard hound dead
>guard hounds buffs from rufus are gone
>rufus at 50% before recording
Its not even that the fight is remotely difficult since its practically a story fight since cloud is solo but going out of the way to make it disingenuous just makes it laughable

Most of the games with the best gameplay systems can't actually make experimentation worth it. I can't think of a single jrpg I've played with custom job/skill combinations or the like where it actually hard enough to warrant doing it, but not too hard to the point you just abuse the crutch combos.

Always thought ff5 had a decent difficulty curve to it.

>forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
What the fuck is the program they need me to run as an admin, so fucking fishy, why does it need me to rename a fucking hard drive?

What do you mean? The materia system is great

It's to trick the game into thinking you've got the disc in, just mount an empty ISO called FF7 Disc 1 or whatever

The materia system just makes all the party members feel the same.

bump

Why does the small guy in the front have gigantic muscle arms?

Attached: 1381126231236.png (328x328, 108K)

Looks like a steam early access game made with flipped assets.

Truly captures the original.

The others look fine but so far Barrett has benefited from the redesigns more than anyone else.

Attached: 7E7607AB-E1D5-460C-93E8-3B3BCA98F4D4.jpg (640x340, 14K)

in hindsight barret's original design is a bit awkward. he's a giant box of a man that cloud even refers to as a bear wearing a marshmallow, but only his angry flailing and big gun arm reflect it. size-wise nothing really amounted from it and his biceps were bigger than his skull for no real reason besides nomura art design.

AC and beyond fucked up Barret, but now he actually looks like a human being and not just Blade or the blockbear

it's a huge glove.

Attached: 4-1536167373-2128857827.jpg (1050x700, 269K)

whats the advanced pack?

>two disks
>using stuff they couldn't before

Keep seething

always thought it was some sort of leather shield or something. The metal part is obviously a pauldron

>Meme all you want about JRPGs being one button
I'm playing FF1 Anniversary right now and you literally can hold down X to auto-battle your way through the entire game. It's possible I'm overleveled, but that's only because you get a random encounter every three steps.

Honestly i always thought it was a method for her to be able to slot and then throw her shurikens, but then in hindsight she never fucking used it.

Should add that the only time I used anything close to a strategy was against the optional bosses that have instant death attacks. In which case all you had to do was use NulDeath and whatever evasion boosts you have.

>same shit every entry, just like the Persona series

Literally comfort food.

It's an archers handguard, which there is probably no reason for her to wear.

i always thought she just had a broken arm.

>Aerith

Attached: 1560576836655.jpg (1779x997, 519K)

With the exception of the rushed ending, FFVII was perfect as it was. There is nothing that was necessary to improve on.

We're never going to get a proper remake. That was out the window years ago. I'm happy they're doing something, but this is no more exciting to me than Crisis Core was.

If I want my nostalgia satisfied, I'll play the original game.

>the game doesn’t freeze the time when it’s your turn
Pausing the ATB gauge ("freezing the time when it's your turn") was an option in FF7-9 at the least. Probably others. You could toggle it on and off. You could also change how fast the ATB was to speed up or slow down the battles.

Not sure why this made me laugh so hard.

>turn based are closer to movie games
>movie games
Why do I keep seeing this mentioned when talking about RPGs? Are zoomers this fucking stupid?

Attached: 152627463856865856.jpg (1200x800, 76K)

>Aerith

Attached: 1556090687248.png (400x340, 121K)

>nu-barret looks like shit with sunglasses
>the pic of him without them looks great
I don't understand.

It's technically impossible. The engine won't allow it. It's the same reason no one has made an HD mod for Stardew Valley. Without adding an entirely new engine, it can only do so much.

this

Attached: 15261367245736856.jpg (251x576, 16K)

>watch how Cloud jobs to a sweeper by being held down and Barret dies alone with his 3-5 damage/sec default non-ATB attack - GAME OVER
Someone translate this for me, I don't speak twitch zoomer

Holy shit, that is the most facebook fucking image I've ever seen in my fucking time here. It's like a fucking 2006 meme being stolen from some homeless guy's cardbord box. Get the fuck out of my god danm thread you piece of shit or your offspring will die of cancer when they are young you will suffer for the rest of your life getting paid low wages because someone stole your identity after trying to fund money to save your children.

Attached: Dynamite.jpg (1441x1020, 410K)

How does it look in motion?

This has always bothered me about the old design and the fact that the new design makes a better attempt at a functioning arm-mounted machine gun makes it a winner in my book

oh no

>writes a paragraph about a meme that was made before they were born.
>angrily goes into necessary detail about how lame it is.
>fails to see the irony
also
>fails to recognize veteran Yea Forums memes
newfag.

Stop posting pictures of your shitty mod everyday, it's looks like ass.

Attached: 3215.jpg (1438x1003, 227K)

>FF7
>actually strategizing to some extent
>FF7R
>press X until your bar fills, then cast the magic your party members yelled at you to cast when the bar is filled while watching literal cutscenes mid-combat every 5 seconds

GBA/PSP/Mobile FF1 is notorious for being extremely easy. Probably the easiest in the series. Original and Playstation versions weren't anything like that.

cringe

Fuck, so I have to replay FF7 and P3 now I NEED YOUR HALP

>FF7
>FF7R
>real time dodging, blocking, character switching with every character being completely unique, terrain hazards, ground combos, air combos

And yet all of that is irrelevant because the demo showed that you do literally nothing except mash attack until the bar fills, hit a weakness, then continue mashing attack until the next mid-fight cutscene plays.

Straight out of TERA editing.

That looks like fucking shit. FYI the official character """art""" is fucking atrocious.

>Transexual
>Literally has even the same haircut when he was a kid

If a game needs to be "reimagined", just make a new fucking game.
If the point of a remake is to bring a classic into the modern day, then why would you make everything completely different? Then it's not a classic anymore, it's just reusing ideas because you're too creatively bankrupt to come up with something that's better.

Everyone calls out this shit when they do awful remakes of classic movies where they take iconic imagery and make it look like bland modern shit, but when someone does it with games, it's NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN and fanboys literally crying at trailers.

Attached: MV5BYTZkMTZmOWMtYjY0ZC00OWQ5LWE5MmYtNjQ0NjFjM2JjOTJkL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUwMTIyODg@._V1 (616x464, 78K)

Technology to remake FF7 doesn't exist anymore. People that made the original are gone. The world is gone.

>People that made the original are gone
Did you watch the presentation? The dude who came up first was Yoshinori Kitase, the director of the original game.

because teen girls are stupid. dunno how anyone over 25 finds teens attractive. sure some of them look good and all but once they open their mouths the illusion is shattered.

Reminder that turn based is too much for people like this retard.

Attached: Anon struggles with FF6.png (1880x2166, 490K)

>playing on PS3

Attached: 1239337207343.png (432x480, 229K)

>muh menu navigation strategy based gameplay
haha no

snooze

crisis core is irrelevant, ff7 is the reason ff7 is a household name, not the shitty psp sequel lol, play ff7

Disable the fucking shadows you idiots, they look terrible

It's ok you're retarded user, just admit next time.

BASED

dragon quest is dog shit, nice cope

I'm not the one shilling a random shitpost vs actual video proof of turn based being hold O to win.

That someone has to be so stupid as to not bother equipping armor in order to actually suck at these games conversely shows how low your standards are. Almost all the 'challenge' is in knowing ABOUT various system mechanics and having just enough potato juice to make use of them.

Say all you want, but the games don't even offer the room for higher levels of strategy.

no one mentioned xv besides you
rent free

Reminder that anyone who thinks Turnbased is a no-skill grind fest literally doesn't apply any strategy and whine when mashing attack stops working. If you ever saw their files they won't even have a whole party properly equipped.

you have more buttons to press in xv than in any ff

No you cant

Attached: just hold O to win except for when you don't .webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>loses instantly

Attached: ara level 120.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

>actual video proof of an overleveled party going to a starting area
Is there a point to your argument? Go to a starting area in any ARPG when you're 20 levels over and press attack, you'll one shot the enemies as well.

you can hold to attack in 7r like in XV

do you think remake will keep the original ending
what if it's a shot by shot remake of the ending FMV

it is just XV without a jump button

you can hold to attack in 7r
atb fills up quicker than the item cast animation in xv especially since you only hold to attack as barret, you never will not have an atb

magic in XV is actually powerful and you can instacast it moreso than any kh or 7r magic

Even worse. Producer is in charge of the big picture.

Oh fuck off, every single time I see someone say
>Oh the game just had a huge difficulty spike and I need to grind for X hours do be the right level
They get asked what level they were, I was 5 below them and beat the section because unlike those retards who hold attack to win then whine about grinding I'm using the fucking game mechanics.
>No room for higher levels of strategy
That's because you're a brainlet who can't organize and plan his way around things. If you could you would be showing a proper area's gameplay that fit your current level instead of the starting area or showing a scripted battle that you ALSO edited.

that is exactly like wait mode in XV

clouds attacks are slower than XV and so is barret who is way slower than prompto, and you literally hold to attack in 7r and are nowhere near as weighted as XV
Gladio has weighted combat, cloud either swings the sword like paper or lugs it around its inconsistent

Attached: FINAL FANTASY XV_20171213235308.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

I'll be honest, I've never had much interest in playing any of the final fantasy games, but after watching the trailer for 7 remake it definitely has me interested. I did briefly think about playing the original, but I think that I would probably find it not that fun. I know it sucks for long time fans of the franchise, but them taking the ARPG route for the remake works for me.

You can HOLD square to attack automatically with Cloud and Barret in FF7R. Just like in FFXV you can either hold or tap to attack and if you tap you get slightly different attacks the same way you do in FFXV with its different finisher attacks and directional attacks.

There is an auto soft lock in 7R and you hard lock with R3 just like in FFXV, and cycle targets when hardlocked with R stick just like in FFXV.

If Cloud is on Punisher mode he'll automatically attack an enemy if he gets hit, while in Operator mode he'll get knocked back if hit.

You CANNOT manually jump in FF7R, there is no jump button just like in FF Type-0. If you attack an enemy in the air Cloud will automatically jump and attack them, this is similar to Death Drop in XV or Aerial Sweep in KH2.

With Barret you can ONLY hold Square to Attack, his ATB fills up faster than Clouds because he attacks at a much faster rate.

When you switch characters it instantly switches to them just like in FF Type-0, also similar to in FFXV though there is a short split second animation that plays when you switch there, like Ignis adjusting his glove or Gladio putting his sword on his shoulder.

You can use Phoenix Downs when on 0HP, just like in FFXV.

When you complete a battle it will always automatically switch back to Cloud so you can only run around outside of battle as Cloud, this is just like FFXV where it'll go back to Noctis after a battle is over.

The ATB functions exactly the same as the Technique bar in FFXV which itself is an ATB bar, though 7r only has 2 bars while XV has 3 bars, and in 7R you can cue 2 different commands at once just like in FFXV on the Technique commands. For example you can open the 7R menu and tell Cloud to do Braver and Barret to do Cure then they'll both happen, just like in XV where if you open the Technique menu and tell Prompto to do Piercer to shoot an enemy to halve their Defence, and Ignis to Regroup to heal everyone and Gladio to Tempest attack then they'll all happen.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_002.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

Think about something that you think is a masterpiece. Then think that they tried to do that again, at current world, at present time. Remakes like this won't wok for a reason. It's like trying to remake WW2. It doesn't matter if you get Hitler and pals, It won't work, because they will change key elements so it goes better with consumers today. But changing those key elements will ruin it. It's like remaking WW2 and saying Hitler was just a bad guy who wanted to be evil. It would completely miss the evil jew saga, that was crucial for his motivation, but they would not show it, they probably would not even remember it. Changing character motivations is a huge deal, and these little details will not be part of the remake. also ff7 worked because the project was filled with talented people that were making original content. You will not bother with random character's backgrounds when you are making a remake, because everything is already there. Except when it isn't. FF7 remake just can't work. Why? because square can't make even okay level original FF games now, what makes you think they can pull off remake? Pro tip, making a good remake is harder than doing good original. Remember, the talent has already left long ago.

The Stagger bar is exactly the same thing as the Stagger bar in FF13, even with the % threshold, this Stagger system was also in XV known as Break/Vulnerable however it had no UI display to track the stagger of an enemy, instead you manually had to track it.

Tactical Mode is essentially the Wait Mode from FFXV where time slows down to a crawl and you can easily target whoever you want and direct attacks towards them in this state, this includes other party member ATB commands in 7R/Technique commands in XV.

Basically FF7R combat is a mix of FFXV, FF Type-0 more grounded action real time mechanics, the shortcut menu from KH2 and the stagger bar from FF13, and certain things from FF7 itself translated through those.

Tifa Combat based on the trailer also heavily looks to be akin to Eight's Monk combat from FF Type-0, even down to the same uppercut attack.
youtu.be/Bq8-7R8pfMQ

Attached: IMG_20190612_034113.jpg (1920x1080, 464K)

To be fair, western games do turn based well, jrpg's arent really the thinking mans turn based gameplay.

based

He can get KOd and not using a PD is not an argument, you can say that about any FF, character switching is fast as fuck, it makes no difference if there is a split second animation because its iframed when you switch anyway, positioning in XV functions better because of LINK ATTACKS and warpstrikee for proper distance covering, no one warps in 7 which is why only barret can hit far away enemies which is a restriction only 7 has, XV has no such restriction which makes it better and more free form
parrying feels smooth and timing based on noctis and especially snappy on Gladio, noctis is FAST AS FUCK in the air and way quicker in movement than sora, meanwhile aerial in 7r is auto and contect sensitive and cloud looks like a brick in the air
all enemies have tells and far more noticable than anything in kh or 7rs enemy tells which are next to nonexistent
the mech literally has the lines as targetting you and as soon as you attack you press square to aerial dodge or impervious recovery to negate any damage, its called risk vs reward you dumb fuck
literally nothing you said is a flaw and that shit is all far worse in kh and 7r from what we've seen

Attached: 1383236354.webm (700x394, 2.66M)

I admit WRPGs that have turnbased are far more strategic however this is a shot at the retards who say "ALL JRPGS ARE MASH X TO WIN" and then whine about needing to grind when there's really no need to grind at all. Sure they aren't insanely deep but my god can people at least learn that there's more than an attack command and then whine when the game expects them to not be total speds.

Imo character models look great. The background and environments look great. Thankfully the models are a separate mod. So I can enjoy those separately. I am a sucker for cel-shaded looks.

Yes

>I admit WRPGs that have turnbased are far more strategic
dude... i use master speed lmao
dude master power attack lmao
dude master flurry lmao

Kotor is rtwp, not turn based