Yea Forums tells you to play a game

>Yea Forums tells you to play a game
>somehow its actually good

Attached: banjo.jpg (1600x800, 305K)

>smash tells you to play a game
>say Yea Forums tells you to play a game

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 77K)

My favorite game of all time. It's SM64 but better.

>OP
>somehow sucks 100 cocks before lunch

>Play game and sequel
>Is good
>Check threads
>Somehow there's some bias against Tooie from some people

I don't get it. I mean, it's not small or as linear, but it felt like a grand adventure and it was fun a fuck with all the new added stuff, and the jokes were still good.

Attached: Wha.jpg (302x302, 38K)

He's a real go getter.

Tooie is less concise. There's a lot of backtracking to other worlds and the maps are overly big like DK 64. Not to say I didn't like Tooie, but I understand the criticism.

I dunno, I like the fact that you could go into a future level, find a secret tunnel and find yourself on the other side of a previous level, which you can now fully complete with the new skills you acquired. It made the world feel way more inter connected and fun to explore, at least for me.

I do agree some levels were needlessly expansive though, like the mine.

Grunty's Revenge on GBA is cool too. Short, and not as good, but pretty cool attempt at a 3D collectathon on a 2D portable.

Why did I never noticed Grunty has an N64 ring.

>first game comes out and is a shining example of the genre, on a platform that redefined the genre and had hard competition to stand out. One of the greatest games of all time.
>sequal is well liked but is inferior to the original.
>franchise is completely forgotten in the sands of time as modern gaming goes full on retard. A mix of dudebro and sjw with the worst qualities magnified.
>people still have hope their successors will come one day and banish the darkness from the sky.

Banjo kazooie is the chrono trigger of platformers.

Attached: chronotrigger-sfc.jpg (550x371, 72K)

>"that one kid" who tells you if you put half a banjo cart and half a THPS cart together so you can play banjo riding a skateboard

Yeah overall it's up to personal preference. I thing Tooie is objectively better than BK for those reasons, but I also respect people who favor BK for it's simplicity. Rusty Bucket Bay makes me want to die every time I replay it though.

I feel the same

Attached: betadk.gif (186x145, 10K)

>Rusty Bucket Bay

This is my favorite level for the music.

I hope Chrono Trigger stays lost in time. Not only is that appropriate in context of the game, but there is nowhere to go but down, especially in the current vidya industry climate.

Attached: Chrono & Marlie.jpg (640x480, 13K)

There was definitely going to be Stop n Swop between Dk64 and BK at some point.

Great music, awful level to play though. Being second to last makes it even worse, but Click Clock Wood is so worth it.

I hate Grunty Industries from Tooie just because it's the poster child of how awful backtracking can be. But I like it a little more every time I play it.

Yeah but they went overboard. And it doesn't really show until you get about halfway in, but everything is stretched out way too much. You'll find something cool to do, and it's just step 1 of some long process to eventually get a jiggy. In the time it takes to get 2 or 3 jiggies in Tooie you could fully complete any BK level.

I don't really view that as bad. Some levels are indeed long, but exploring them is still fun, and most jiggies were made to be more of a process to get compared to how simple some of the ones in BK were.

I thoroughly prefer Tooie’s more metroidvania like structure, over Kazooie.

And I prefer Kazooie because I don't like traversing big maps. To each their own.

I don’t think having to work more for some of the jiggles is bad. I like how levels were split between easy and simple jiggles, and some really challenging ones that took many steps. It also gave you a reason to revisit older levels late in the game.

It's just a matter of personal preference. Both games are great in their own right.

source of this image, please?

I think the bigger maps make the worlds feel more alive, rather than arcade set-pieces, and they make exploration more fun.

Exploration is a huge part of the genre, so I found it fun to go hunting for collectibles and secrets in every nook and cranny of each world. Especially, when oftentimes you were indeed rewarded with something new, like a shortcut to another level, or a page, or a jiggly, or even a secret. It was great.

Does using Cheato actually count as a cheat?

Attached: 1434152408111.png (200x200, 47K)

It's because almost literally every thread you get somebody coming along and saying "Tooie was OBJECTIVELY better than Kazooie in every single way", it's annoying.

The only thing wrong with tooie was it lead me to anticipate threeie

Yes. The only valid cheat is to transform into the washing machine

I think the "cheats" you get from him aren't.
I think the others are.

The inverse is also true. Every thread you always have at least one person shitting on Tooie, giving people the impression that it’s a bad game, when you couldn’t be further from the truth. And it’s equally annoying.

I don’t even know why this divide exists. BOTH are must play 10/10 games. People will prefer one over the other ofc, but I sympathize more with Tooiefags, as the vocal outcries from Kazooiefags is making newcomers think a Tooie is a bad game. Where as Tooiefags still have love and utmost reverence for the 1st one.

I like the arcade setpieces. I've never felt a video game world as alive, only tedious to walk through. I've played most everything too.

I disagree. Tooie made my childlike imagination go wild.

But we can agree to disagree.

>The only thing wrong with tooie was it lead me to anticipate threeie
i thought Banjo getting in Smash would help me get over it but it only made it worse because it reaffirmed how great the series is

Attached: 1559826453017.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

tooie
is
pooie

What are you disagreeing to? I never said you were wrong, just that I can't feel the same way you do.

Don't succumb to how this site makes you assume everyone is berating your opinion.

To be fair if Smash tells you to play a game, it might as well be Yea Forums telling you to play a game. It's like the relationship between a square and a rectangle.

>play Yooka-Laylee
>it's shit
>Yea Forums tells me collectathons are dead
>A Hat in Time and Super Mario Odyssey were good
>Yea Forums tells me Y-L is LITERALLY Banjo 3, so Kazooie was never good
>play Banjo-Kazooie after years of not having touched it
>it holds up pretty well and did a lot better than Yooka-Laylee did
>Yea Forums tells me Tooie is an objectively shit sequel that killed the series and is worse than Yooka-Laylee
>aside from some minor backtracking, it had better world design and the world/NPCs actually felt connected plus it had way better boss fights and abilities
>try out the GBA game because why not
>absolutely forgettable but also completely harmless
Fuck anyone defending Yooka-Laylee.

Attached: HOODWINKED BEAR (4).png (640x480, 286K)

>it's a nintentoddhoward thinks he's the ambassador of Yea Forums episode

I hate those ones

Attached: Most Embarassing moment in v history.jpg (600x309, 69K)

Is hat in time really that good? I watched a bunch of YouTube footage a while back and it just comes off as mediocre shovelware. I like the dance though.

It's fun, movement is fluid, you get different abilities to traverse terrain, the boss fights are alright and the soundtrack is pretty good.

Plus, recent DLC added a challenge mode, with some hard stuff to get past, and another one made it possible to play with Co-op online.

The platforming mechanics are solid and it has some nice momentum-based moves similar to Sunshine/Odyssey. There's a nice mix of regular worlds and obstacle courses. My only complaints would be that the game is pretty short and the villain is pretty shit.

What is the general opinion on Super Lucky tale?

Based enlightened Tooie poster

I have trouble getting into n64 platformers like DK64 and the Banjo games. I think it's the frame rate and the input. It's so laggy and feels a shit compared to SM64 that I played a shitload of. How can I get past this vros?

DK64 on Wii U VC was a more consistent, higher framerate

I don't think Tooie is bad, it's just more different to Kazooie than you'd expect. In terms of structure I'd say it's almost more of a 3d metroidvania. I wouldn't say it's kazooie but worse or kazooie but better.

Play DK64 on the Wii U or Cemu
Play BK and BT on 360 or Rare Replay

Also interested.

How true is this? First impressions it doesn't seem anywhere near as dynamic or platform intensive as Mario 64 could be. Levels seem like slow amusement parks and I can't do cool stuff like triple jump and slide through them.

I'd like to know as well

Because Yea Forums has a boner with extremes. To a lot of people Tooie isn't as good as Kazooie is because of various issues. Logically most people still like tooie anyways but the nature of Yea Forums means that everything has to go to the higest extreme. Tooie can't just be not as good as Kazooie, it has to be unplayable dog shit. People can't just prefer Kazooie over Tooie, they have to love Kazooie and it has to be the best game ever while Tooie is the worst game ever that RUINED Kazooie forever.

Maybe I'll give it another look.

It's a very easy, slow-paced, short, 3D platformer. 4 worlds, a little floaty in terms of jumping. A decent game for little kids or someone getting into platformers, but if you're expecting Mario, Spyro, Banjo, etc. you're better off with something else.

They're pretty different. SM64 gives you set missions and objectives - go here or do this in this level to get this star. BK is much more free-form - you're just thrown into the level and expected to explore it yourself.

The platforming in BK is definitely less intense in terms of technical skill, though there are still some tricky sections. I'd say what sets BK/BT apart from SM64 is the sense of adventure. SM64 very much feels like a game all the way through (especially in some of the lazier levels). On the other hand, the worlds in BK/BT feel like actual places, in a weirdly whimsical way.

The comparison is honestly pretty pointless. Aside from them both being 3D platformer games they're really not the similar, SM64 is focused extremely strongly on the platforming and movement, whereas BK is focused on the collecting and exploration of worlds filled with characters to interact with.

>How true is this?
Aside from collecting things and jumping, they play very differently. Mario is more momentum-based with stars obtained via mostly platforming. Banjo is open, letting you collect jiggies however you want without being booted out of levels. Mario gives you most of your abilities off the bat while Banjo has you unlock them while a handful are context-sensitive. I love both, but that was a pretty stupid thing for him to say.

Because going into a level, being told to do a thing, spending hours trying to do it, giving up, and finding out a few levels down the line that you needed an unmentioned power up and now have to go back to every level and try to find every instance it could possibly apply to is not fun.
The first game at least gave you every powerup as they became relevant.