Halo ODST and Reach aren't Canon

As promised I'm going to explain how ODST and Reach don't fit into Halo canon.

ODST
>contradicts Halo 2 right at the start of the game, no ODST drop pods fell from the sky in New Mombasa at the end of the Metropolis level in both Halo 2 and H2A
>Truth's Fleet already being on Earth
>all the Elites dead as soon as Buck got out of his pod
>Elite and Brute war starts too early
>Truth already being on Earth and the Ark is not yet uncovered
>New Mombasa looks different from the Halo 2 and H2A version
>space elevator is on an island instead of the center of the city
>ARs in New Mombasa, BRs aren't
>all UNSC and Covenant Gear, weapon, and equipment
>UNSC won the space battle in the opening of Halo 2 yet in ODST it looks like they lost

1/2

Attached: halo_reach_2.jpg (1280x1279, 218K)

Reach
>Spratan IIIs on Reach when CE sais only Spartan IIs
>Reach being more of a farm like planet
>entire planet isn't on fire in the end
>Fleet is smaller than what was stated in Halo 2
>Brutes on Reach
>Spartan IIs besides Jorge are nowhere to be found
>Elite and Brute designs
>Banshee designs
>using Halo 3 Scorpion and Wraith again like in ODST
>Cortana not choosing Chief
>Cortana knowing where the pillar of Autumn is going
>Alpha Halo is for some reason outside the galaxy instead of near the galactic center as seen in CE
>Scarabs not being the Halo 2 versions
>UNSC tech seemed either too primitive or too advanced
>Covenant tech seemed too advanced
Covenant weapons missing
>Fuel Rod Gun doesn't look like it did in CE
>can use Energy Swords, Gravity Hammers, and Fuel Rods
>Phantoms on Reach
>Marines not wearing their CE gear
>Marathon symbol is missing, that's the symbol for Reclaimer
>Pillar of Autumn doesn't have Longsword Fighters flying next to it when it's flying towards Halo
>Brute Chieftains having energy shields
>Brutes being able to use Armor Lock
>Elite ranks
>Reach taking three months to fall when in CE it's stated to be a day
If anyone says these two shit games fit into the Halo canon, then they're Mexicans, they will also shit on Infinite's armor for Chief calling it plastic because they like Chief' toilet armor in Halo 4 and 5. If any two Halo games don't belong in canon it's ODST and Reach, also watch for 343 shills that defend Blue Team and want them in Infinite along with Cortana not being on Chief's side again.

2/2

Attached: halo_reach_1.jpg (1280x1278, 192K)

ITT: OP doesn't understand what Retconning is.

The games were written by bungie. They aren't fanfic and they're absolutely cannon.

Attached: final_fantasy_vi_advance_conceptart_Miw3i.jpg (750x600, 129K)

Holy autism

Also
>thinking that reachchads would prefer Halo 4/5 armor when Reach had the best armor design in the entire franchise

you should really have sex. with a man, just like a fag you are

Only Mexicans play Reach, who else is it?

Every Halo game follows Halo 1-3 without retconning them, ODST and Reach are the only ones that do and every game retcons ODST and Reach, these two just don't fit in the Halo canon, they are the Metroid Other M of Halo.

You should really go back to resetera or reddit.
>have sex
That meme needs to fucking die, fucking tranny.

I like both of these games a lot. But I agree with OP. Anyone who cares and pays attention to the story that was written up to Halo 3 it is very easy to see a lot of things started contradicting with these two games. Anyone who is honest and has the brain cells for paying attention should be able to see this.

Adding retcons/contradictions makes the franchise’s story as a whole suffer and that is a bad thing. Fall of Reach is a great book, sad to see it retconned.

>No ODST drop pods fell
Of course not, they were never meant to fall then, they were trying to land on a carrier. Also you wouldn't have seen them in the sky, also, they wouldn't have told the chief because it wasn't Important to him.

>All the elites dead as soon as buck got out of his pod
But Buck was fighting elites??? What the fuck are you on about?? They weren't all dead!!

You know what? I'm not doing this, this is all retarded autism. I don't need to prove anything to a mouth breathing retard arguing about a 10 year old game.

Well, it's either Halo ODST/Reach aren't canon, or it's Halo 4/5 aren't canon.

Take your pick.

I pick ODST and Reach not being canon.

No ODST pods dropped in New Mombasa.

>But Buck was fighting elites??? What the fuck are you on about?? They weren't all dead!!
Now you're just lying.

>You know what? I'm not doing this, this is all retarded autism. I don't need to prove anything to a mouth breathing retard arguing about a 10 year old game.
Of course, you won't. You know I'm right.

Halo 2 and First Strike both retconned Sgt. Johnson being a complete nobody who would die at the drop of a hat, and even in the Legendary ending of CE.

Halo 3 directly retcons humans being Forerunners with the schlock terminals.

Attached: 1551816405735.jpg (864x960, 94K)

>Every Halo game follows Halo 1-3 without retconning them

Not true, Sgt Johnson surviving halo 1 was a recton. He died in the first game but Bungie noticed how much people liked him and pulled the whole "He is a spartan so he somehow got off Halo without us noticing" when they were making Halo 2.

2 also retcons the covenant fleet being destroyed in CE

Canon or not Reach was the best game both visually and with the tightest controls

>preferring 4 and 5 over reach and ODST
kill yourself, faggot

Attached: 1557874450693.jpg (894x894, 368K)

>Seriously fucking whining about the designs changing
>Shotgun has changed its look in every single Halo game, literally every one barring Halo 3 to ODST
>The pistol has seesawed back and forth between OP and garbage with designs changing between each game
>So has the Needler, which has changed designs subtly each time
>Energy Sword went from radiating blue plasma in CE to what amounted to hard light in Halo 2
>Chief's gauntlets inexplicably changed between riding on Truth's ship and falling to Earth, full blown redesign in what must have been a ten minute gap between 2 and 3
And countless other shit.

Imagine being so upset about Reach and ODST that you have to make autistic threads like this. Never change Metroid faggot.

>UNSC won the space battle in the opening of Halo 2 yet in ODST it looks like they lost
How odst shows that it lost? By showing one destroyed ship?

Extreme autism. Most, if not all, of these are false retcons, i.e. people assumed things were a certain way to start but in reality events are far more convoluted and mixed than people give credit for. Real-world history is the exact same way, where the whole story is never 100% clear and there are "plot holes" and contradictions among the known information, and as more things get uncovered, the story itself changes. Some of this shit is just plain retarded, you're acting as if multiple Scarab models can't be in the same days-long battle.

>I pick ODST and Reach not being canon
Brain damage.

>New Mombasa looks different from the Halo 2 and H2A version
>H2A version
Stupid point, H2A came out years after ODST, how is that ODST's fault?
I agree about Reach though, they broke too much canon.

This is what delusion looks like.

>Alpha Halo is for some reason outside the galaxy instead of near the galactic center as seen in CE
I must have missed this?
>Scarabs not being the Halo 2 versions
The scarabs in Halo 2 are mining vehicles sent to excavate the Ark portal, controlled by a pilot. The scarabs in Halo 3 and Reach are weapons platforms controlled by the same worms that make up the Hunters.

by this logic Halo 2 and 3 aren't canon, or CE, or whichever, because gun designs change a little every game - especially the shotgun, needler, sword, rocket launcher, etc, as said.

alright bro, let's pretend canon works in the way you think it does
>you don't see the ODST pods because in neither halo 2/anniversary the camera focuses in the sky in a way you could see the pods falling
>you neither go around the same places of new mombasa chief sees in halo 2 and the artstyle changed
>there's a BR in one of the cutscenes
>CE barely mentions what happened at Reach at all
>Reach being an important hub for the UNSC justifies it having big cities
>at no the the exact size of the main fleet is stated, also and the ending cutscene of long night of solace you see how a huge covenant fleet arrives to Reach
>at no point Noble team goes to either gamma station or the MAC generators so it's obvious why Jorge is the only II of the game
>at no point is stated that there weren't brutes at Reach
>six merely carried a small subroutine of Cortana with the data she and Halsey got from that forerunner thing
>in Reach you mostly see soldiers from the UNSC army
>the books are only canon as long no game contradicts them, otherwise it happened in the way the game depicted it

Attached: Cortana12.jpg (600x720, 248K)

Game > book in canon
Also, we never see Johnson die in CE. Humans were never said to be Forerunners in the games.

No, it doesn't fleet was destroyed with Halo.

You first

shit taste

If it's going to be a prequel to Halo 1 happening in the same year then there better be some throwbacks with Reach there wasn't any.

All of those are true

Halo 4 and 5 had poor writing, ODST and Reach had poor writing and inconsistencies with the main series.

Exactly, if ODST and Reach are canon Halo CE-3 can't be canon so that means ODST and Reach aren't canon.

are you sure?

Attached: eo301bfmbim21.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

>gameplay

in CE he was a meme character like chips dubbo

Johnson can die every time he appears in the game, then disappears in 343 Guilty Spark, only to reappear in the legenary ending making out with an elite as the Pillar of Autumn detonates behind them.

True but we canonically never saw him die in CE.

The legendary endings aren't canon?