When exactly did Pokemon games went to shit? The last Pokemon game I've played was Emerald when I was like...

When exactly did Pokemon games went to shit? The last Pokemon game I've played was Emerald when I was like, 9 years-old or something but I'm currently enjoying White 2 on Drastic emulator so far despite the awful starters.

Attached: 3f6.jpg (975x1300, 145K)

>Drastic emulator
>awful starters

Attached: cringe.png (640x480, 427K)

XY and ORAS started the downturn towards shitty games, Gen 7 and LGPE sealed it

the games are mostly the same as always you just grew up.

don't really know i played till emerald and enjoyed all games till then. have fond memories of them all. stopped after that. still fap to pokegirls though, especially the one in the OP. extremely top tier fap material

>Drastic emulator
I got it for free and my Pokemon White 2 runs perfectly fine.

>awful starters
I dunno senpai, Gen V starters look like shit to me but I picked Snivy because it looks like a waifumon.

Most people seem to pinpoint Pokémon going to shit with XY/Gen 6. Useless rivals are overly prominent & offer nothing of significance other than slowing down the game, 3D is generally agreed to have been detrimental to the Pokémon themselves, with worse colors & a lack of animation, and more that i'm forgetting.

Well you grew up and the games are aimed at children so it's only logical. Last I played was fire red original when I was like 13

undoubtably X & Y,
because White & Black (1 and 2) were some of the best ones in the franchise

Elesa!
I Love her!

Attached: 1552541445010.gif (320x180, 484K)

!

Attached: 19998205_p22.jpg (500x667, 127K)

>When exactly did Pokemon games went to shit?
> I'm currently enjoying White 2
>despite the awful starters
IDK OP I'm not bipolar

Dungeons and caves went to shit when they turned 3D too

Attached: elesa.jpg (850x478, 144K)

For me, it's elesa

Attached: 1537063276044.png (540x670, 545K)

4 and 5 were just garbage continuations of 3, at least 6 tried something different

Oshawott & Dewott are adorable, though,
it's a shame the last evolution looks nothing like what you'd expect
It might be the most drastic shapeshift out of all 3phase evolutions so far.
I'd even go as far as to compare it to magikarp turning in to gyarados because the transformation is practically that fucking huge

Attached: 1549139545781.gif (500x281, 384K)

I thought BW was decent, but enjoyed gen IV a lot more due to the awesome designs. Everything more recent has been disappointing. Last one I played was Sun/Moon and it was shit. Another case of 1 step forward, 4 steps back.

I skipped gen 5 and started playing again in gen 6. Only recently went back and played Black/White and I've got to say they are so, so much better than anything we've gotten since it's honestly mind-boggling. I can't believe I had skipped over such great games.

Every mainline Pokemon game is good, most of the complaints people have are stupidly specific things like not liking specific creature designs or not having a specific post-game facility. Those aren't enough to make them bad, though fair enough if it stops them being fun for you

>at least 6 tried something different
How?

Attached: bestgirl.png (1280x738, 669K)

3DS games. Real shame that you stopped at emerald because the ds era has so much quality

>undoubtably X & Y,
Did Mega Evolution ruined the game's balance or something?

Long legged bitch

>Long leg
That's the best part.

Attached: 20120516182116958.png (745x1062, 167K)

>When exactly did Pokemon games went to shit?
They went with 3D graphics starting with X and Y. As a result they downgraded the fuck out of everything because GameFreak can't program to save their lives so everything is overly bloated garbage. They sold like hotcakes in spite of being objectively the worst Pokemon games of all time, so they figured they could do the bare minimum of effort and people would buy them anyway. They were right.

>Underwhelming difficulty
>terrible post-game
>new Pokemon designs were few
>overall lack of balance with the introduction of megas
>removal of a ton of features that made BW2 a great game

That looks 100% like Phonon from UNIST.

Attached: phonon.jpg (634x755, 27K)

Not sure why people think X and Y was the beginning of the end personally, ORAS and how they responded to the exclusion of the battle frontier was more significant. And LGPE marked the official death.

Attached: 1417114036170.png (1619x1222, 983K)

elesa fucks zebstrikas

Attached: elesa.gif (146x85, 16K)

yes, because instead of actual evolutions we got overpowered gimmicks.
Every game after that has had some stupid ass gimmick.

Sun and Moon was the worst imo, because
>retarded super moves
>retarded mega
>retarded alolan variants (Exeggutor was pretty funny, though)
>off feeling depiction of red and blue
there's more but my brain refuses to remember

more that they were the point where gamefreak absolutely stopped giving a fuck as far as features go
also kantooooooooooo and a dogshit story

>retarded alolan variants
Variants of already existing pokemon is something I've wanted to see since the anime showed stuff like the crystal Onyx, and I do think is both a good concept and also an excuse to add less new pokemon while not using exactly the same old ones, the real problem was that they limited themselves only to gen 1, and the concept will probably not be used ever again.

Emerald was the best game, it's all downhill from there.

>playing pokemon on an emulator like a faggot
>"dunno senpai"
>I picked Snivy because it looks like a waifumon
jesus christ

Attached: Killing-cockroach-by-poison-spray.jpg (1000x667, 69K)

>Everyone just keep bitching about the games but never do anything to get ride of gamefreak.

Jesus fucking christ. Why it's so hard spam something like #monolithforpokemon or some dumb crap? GF is the root of problem.

Attached: 1534690115515.png (269x255, 18K)

Dem heels

it's not for pleasure, but how she keeps them so well trained. A true pokemon trainer

it went to shit with the shift to 3d

Gen 5 was when cutscene spam and other shit started, but even then there was still a few good mons among literal trash and ice cream so it was a little tolerable, and while there were a lot of cutscenes and annoying shit it wasn't so much that you could be waiting fucking forever for them to finish. The jump to 3D is when they really went whole hog on cutscenes, dumb stats, gimmicks, etc.
I think gen 3 and 4 were the best, gen 1, 2, and 5 were OK, but flawed in different ways, and gen 6 onward is bad/mediocre.

Attached: Ginyu Tokusentai.jpg (700x700, 328K)

Which Pokemon game that has the best post-League content anyway?

I think it's Platinum but it's debatable.

All Pokemon games are at least decent, they really went downhill at XY though.

I want to ___ Elesa.

Attached: ca3.gif (500x281, 975K)

??

Attached: 13893714.jpg (1000x833, 170K)

I hate the anime face, especially that goofy smile everyone seems to do.

I'd say BW2
>Underground train
>old beggining area is now filled with lv60 pokemon and a whole new route
>completing the pokedex leads to a secret island where a shiny haxorus resides
>Black Tower/White Tree
>side quests like the haunted mansion that leads to capturing Cresselia
>Pokestar Studios
Might not be the most extensive but it was to me the best enjoyment I got out of any pokemon post-game

Are all of that available in White 2 as well?

ye

Unova starters were pretty cool though, all final forms too. I liked the Tepig the most, but Oshawott is the best pick in BW1 because there's like 3 water Pokemon on total in that game

The jump to 3D started showing a lot of the flaws that game with GF's decisions when designing the series (content mainly, code was a known joke and balance was gone since gen 1).

Attached: 1529182806408.png (794x372, 176K)

Gen 6 was the first generation where not a single game I played left me satisfied barring the Frog run I did of X for giggles, so I’d probably go with that one.

7th gen at least didn’t feel hollow after I finished, but it’s a pale shadow of what the DS games were like.

they were shit m8. First box-tier set of starters since johto

XY is when I mark the beginning of the decline
ORAS had a lot of soul but it wasn't very good.
Sun and Moon is where everything really fell apart

The moment they started going full 3d open world. Their laziness was acceptable when everything was still 2D. But the new game just shows how trash the devs are.

Stuff like sun and moon were still ok, since it was still mostly 2D and constrained to closed spaces like the old games.

>but Oshawott is the best pick in BW1 because there's like 3 water Pokemon on total in that game
At least it had the best one. It fucking sucked otherwise surfing and only encountering Basculin, Jellicent, and Marills.

Attached: C2FPHfBWEAE7BwT.jpg (1200x919, 154K)

Thiss, in resume the jump into 3D was what killed Pokemon.

Thats the problem, they need to change the old formula

gen 3 and 4 already had cutscene bullshit faggot, in dealing with the enemy team, rival and champion

THIS I've replayed bw2 recently and holy shit the water distribution is ass until you reached undella

There's a difference between a just few cutscenes in a row at the beginning and them keeping that pace until you are many gyms into the game.
Plus you forget the 3D model chats too.

Gen 4. Game freak flaws really started show during that time. They somehow managed to make Gen 5 really well. But fall from grace gen 6.

third gen

4th gen officialized it

6th gen. not that you would know.

Attached: 1306196978745.jpg (850x626, 171K)