Stop harrasing Gamefreak

i like Pokemon and they make Pokemon therefore i will buy all games, i dont mind if the next game removes pokemon battles, neither you should; they are giving more animations to the face petting mode.

are you implying you support OVERWORKING THEM? you are a literal monster if you dont agree with this decision.

Attached: 1560416580659.png (906x1200, 587K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>are you implying you support OVERWORKING THEM?
yes

>j-just buy the games, please!

Attached: pokemon new slogan.webm (1280x720, 1.15M)

>wingull just flies like that!

Attached: 1560529317228.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

I like how everyone is now seething after they removed Pokemon from the game. No-one gave a shit when they removed exploration in gen 5.

which pokemon had exploration? since the first was a pretty on-rail thing

Attached: D82J-y2UYAArbTi.jpg (750x807, 83K)

Hey man, they're cutting half the Dex to give us HIGH QUALITY animations that are totally not lifted straight from X/Y

Attached: D898GhLW4AAianP.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

This
Since day one most paths have been blocked by bushes and rocks and rocks pretending to be bushes

gen 5 still had plenty of optional areas and unlocked half the region in postgame. it's gen 6 and especially gen 7 that actually took away exploration and turned pokemon into an on-rails experience.

People like to pretend that finding ways to do gyms out of order was a bigger deal than it was. The signposting has just become less subtle over the years.

Gen V had some of the most winding exploratory paths in the series, because at that point GF was good at doing 2D.

Then in the jump to 3D we suddenly get linear paths

Can we list off the true warning signs of incompetence from GameFreak starting from the beginning? Obviously most people know the gen1 flaws, so I'll skip those for now

>Gen 2 almost didn't happen until Iwata stepped in to fix the games

This isn't the new Pokemon game is it? This has to be from a fan project.

Attached: r20njjB.jpg (1185x889, 131K)

In gen 1 you can do gyms 3-7 in any order with the only requirements being you have to beat koga before blaine and you need to get a beverage for the gaurd to go to saffron. In gen 2 once you get to the 4th gym 5-7 can be done in any order.

Actual progression, town to route to town etc, was very linear in Black and White, but the routes themselves were quite elaborate and had a lot of stuff to find. Of course, Platinum is based for railroading the player even more than in Diamond and Pearl, right?

God, I hate Gamefreak.
Do not buy this.

No look at treehouses offical youtube its there

>Quality over quantity
Game Freak produces the same game twice every year what the fuck

God does this make me mad.

Just wait for Pokemon Sword 2 and Shield 2 to include ALL Pokemon, now with new Ultra Changes, you filthy gaijin

Attached: file.png (578x327, 479K)

>Not even 5 minutes after

Attached: 1534426968087.jpg (480x490, 30K)

>no difficulty option in all except one game
>it was for second playthrough lol

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: IMG_20190614_090423.jpg (1322x1096, 85K)

Attached: 1560360724819.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

HIGH. QUALITY. ANIMATIONS

You're right, but to be fair, to do some of those gyms out of order you have to literally walk past them. There's no good reason to skip Lt. Surge, once you have the thing you need to skip him, you're literally right next to his gym. And while the gyms themselves can be temporarily ignored, there is still a clear and linear progression through that middle portion of the game by way of the Rocket encounters/hideouts. In gen 2, you can do Jasmine before Chuck, but doing that requires you go all the way to Chuck's island, go back to Jasmine, beat her, then go back to Chuck. This sort of thing is good at letting you catch more pokemon because it gives you access to more routes earlier, but it's weak as an actual nonlinear experience.

It's like they left them in their T-pose animation and called it a fucking day... wow

This IS how winguls are supposed to fly, in the pokedex it is said that they do not flap their wings because their bodies are made so any small amount of air can maintain them on air.

It is an animation made specifically for them, in the game there appears a butterfree and it flapped its wings.

Attached: 1560383078791.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

You CAN but why would you?

I do hate z moves.
And I'll probably end up liking it to some regard.
Probably gonna buy it 2nd hand

Shut up you nigger it only says they don't flap when they're gliding on updrafts. They certainly don't fucking levitate casually off the ground and they're certainly capable of flapping their wings since previous games' spritework has shown them doing so.

you seem really bent out of shape over this

Attached: IMG_20190613_115405.jpg (1080x1552, 256K)

>Diamond and Pearl are so poorly optimized that it takes a full second for an attack animation to start after the text is done scrolling
>hundreds of ROM hacks have proven that the Special/Physical split could have been accomplished in Gen 1 without a ton of effort but Game Freak was too lazy and/or incompetent to bother
>Several glitches from RSE carried over to Diamond and Pearl

For me the perfect pokemon would be something like this:
>Open-world, the difficulty scales with the number of badges
>All pokemons found on the map
>Lots of different starters

Attached: rlq14dn_5.png (320x288, 3K)

JUST *clap* DONT *clap* BUY *clap* IT *clap* IF *clap* YOU *clap* DONT *clap* LIKE *clap* IT

Attached: 1560535560777.png (300x300, 125K)

>This IS how winguls are supposed to fly, in the pokedex it is said that they do not flap their wings because their bodies are made so any small amount of air can maintain them on air.
>any small amount of air can maintain them on air.
No, their pokedex entries specifically mention they glide on updrafts over OCEANS. They also use those updrafts to ASCEND, not hover in place 1.5 feet above the ground

Despite obviously flapping its wings in the first game it appeared in

Attached: tumblr_msqm39czOz1ss5ncwo1_500.gif (500x624, 83K)

platinum wasn't railroading anything

I tried it but the fact tat it doesn't let me start with a ghost type kinda turned me down

You are the nigger snoy seething to make the game look worst than it really is, taking advantage of the retarded autists who are mad because there aren't a billion pokemons rendered in their game.

>one lost sale from an educated buy will negate the drone who will buy it regardless and without that knowledge

Attached: 1255061381535.png (100x121, 25K)

They had the guts to say this even.
Fuck you Masuda, and fuck Ohmori too.

Attached: 1560471004736.jpg (1080x543, 109K)

Bring Morimoto back.

Imagine being THIS fucking mad that you're wrong.

What's wrong with Arcanine's neck? Is he ok?

Attached: 1560383651857.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

Cause its fun and i can get different pokemon each playthrough.

Show me the gif then, proof, winguls flap their wings very rarely, you will never see them flap their wings, it is a fucking fictional animal that is supposed to fly even with the air you breath out from your mouth, of course it "levitates" very close to the ground, even real seagulls are able to fly really low without flapping their wings, a fucking unreal fictional pokemon is obviously able to do even more.

this looks fucking dogshit, especially the webm with the steelix just spawning with no animation attached.

Won't somebody ever think of Gamefreak?

Attached: IMG_20190614_203732.jpg (720x914, 178K)

Ban twitter screencaps

What's fun about it?

>Don't like it don't buy it
It does perfect sense, you are not Game Freak's slave

i know this is bait but

>delay Animal Crossing for quality assurance
>rush out Pokemon Swish despite clear as day signs that something is wrong. National Dex related or not.

This one's from mystery dungeon also the other user posted

Attached: 5 seconds in google.gif (576x434, 643K)

I must say, the OoT reference is pretty cool

Attached: 1560392115915.png (1322x1096, 1.76M)

Before, when you go to Hearthome, you could take either the exit to Solaceon or the exit to Pastoria in whichever order you liked, and do whichever gym you wanted first. In Platinum, the path east out of Hearthome is blocked until you beat the gym, and the path south out of Hearthome is blocked until you come at it from the other direction, making the section completely linear.

see

Sick animations

Attached: 1560380742806.gif (600x222, 3.44M)

>its unfinished
ill just mark the free space

Attached: 1375641054289.jpg (404x901, 74K)

reminds me of how NPCs in Oblivion would walk around

And in each animation sprite it does it in very different ways showing the inconsistency, the pokedex says that they do not flap their wings and the fact that in the same three house gameplay you can see a butterfree in the wild flapping its wings tells you that it is not an error from gamefreak, they are following the rules that they themselves created.

>LITERALLY worse than pokemon go
>a 2016 game that took 2 years to get updates
I've never been this disgusted by gamefucks

>the pokedex says that they do not flap their wings
Can you quote the pokedex entry verbatim?

Don't mind me.

Attached: wingull.gif (64x45, 32K)

Even Genius Sonority games did not made such mistakes, really.

I thought it was "gotta catch them all" not "gotta import them all from my previous game"

Attached: 1453039907803.gif (480x270, 65K)

But user, you can't import them either.

To be fair, you had to catch them in Gen 4 (Pal Park) and Gen 5 (Pokétransfer).

You can't do either.

People are going to rip the assets day 1 and realise that all of the pokemon were implemented anyway. Call it wishful thinking but I refuse to believe that they're actually cutting pokemon

Attached: 1555368437177.gif (336x256, 401K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo

>at 27:30 Masuda reveals his bullshit
>Bill Trinen, visibly confused, asked Masuda to clarify since Bill has a shiny collection he likes to move to the newest game
>Masuda confirms
>Bill Trinen has a look of "what the fuck did they do" for the rest of the video
>mfw it seems Nintendo had no idea Masuda was gonna fuck up this hard

Attached: 1560400032631.png (800x800, 763K)

Honestly Nintendo's displeasure is about the only thing that would hold sway. It's still slim, but it's the best chance of getting TPC to hand a mainline game to Genius Sonority.

Ampharos Do you think Iwata's death is the cause of this level of mediocrity? It really shows now how quickly Gamefreak is beginning to crumble without him. Do you have any hope that Masuda will actually respond to the recent backlash?

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

Iwata hadn't had anything to do with Gamefreak's production process for years.

>Emerald: It makes its nest on a sheer cliff at the edge of the sea. It has trouble keeping its wings flapping in flight. Instead, it soars on updrafts.
>HG/SS: It soars on updrafts without flapping its wings. It makes a nest on sheer cliffs at the sea’s edge.
Keep note that it doesn't say it never ever flaps it's wings. It only keeps them straight when it's soaring.

I don't think Masuda will do anything, the controversy is happening too far from the game's release and it will die out by the time they're here. Most people will resign themselves and buy the games.

ok but it was still mostly non-linear

based af, animated just like when me and my friends use to reenact The Sims 1 in real life.

No, the branching point in Hearthome was the only nonlinear part of the game. Everything else can only be done in one order.

Gamefreak has always been a mediocre company.

you forgot You make the game then.

ok must be mistaken then. still a great region

>>HG/SS: It soars on updrafts without flapping its wings.
>on updrafts

>mfw realizing that Iwata managing to fit the entirety of Kanto into Gold/Silver wasn't because Iwata was amazing, but because Gamefreak were such terrible and lazy coders

Attached: 136548267452.jpg (514x302, 44K)

Attached: 1560357778330.png (635x873, 258K)