What's the greediest game company?

What's the greediest game company?

Attached: greedy-diner.jpg (480x396, 47K)

valve

Unironically Roblox

nintendo

I'm not sure. I would have said Activision at one point, but they also are kinda incompetent.

Probably EA or Tencent

EA, followed by Epic

Bethesda, Epic, EA, Ubisoft and Nintendo
Although Nintendo hides it better than the other four.

Golden Era Games

fuck off

EA

Valve

grinding gear games

bethesda. try playing the elder scrolls cardgame on steam, there are more paywalls and fees for various things than i've ever seen in a game

Valve

Nintendo, EA, Activision.
One of those probably

They normalized loot boxes.

nintendo. think about it

>EA BAD

yep

Tencent. EA and Acti are some of the most soulless western vidya corporations there is, but they still have moral and legal limitations. Slopes are subhuman and in another league entirely

>BIG COMPANY GOOD
>CRITICISM BAD

Vlambeer

What you don't want to pay 20 dollars for a sword effect what is wrong with you

not even an argument.

Yes, that's what they implied.

It's GameFreak. EA at least makes decent games.

Pokemon. They always try to double dip with two versions of the game. They always put in minimum effort and whenever they take a step forward they look for two steps they can take back. They refuse to use extra money to pay actually competent people to fix their shitty game and train GameFreak how to code.

Pretty much anyone with a storefront.

.05 shekels have been deposited into your account

I watched Dan's gaming spend $400+ trying to get a full set of armor from loot boxes and he didn't get it and there's nothing he can do with the duplicates expect shove em up his ass.

Attached: dan.jpg (614x882, 41K)

>EA at least makes decent games.

Attached: laughinggirls.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

well

TPCI

does EA even make games? it's a publisher

>EA GOOD

Attached: 1534163348441.png (430x441, 102K)

>Not saying EA
When your top objective is to just make money, (as indicated by EAs behavior in the last decade) you never will make as much money as you want to. They are cursed.

Nintendo. Don't know any other company who goes so hard after rom sites and piracy in general.

Yeah it seems to have that predatory model where the more you get, the rarer the outcome you want becomes. I like PoE but i'm not a fan of the lootboxes, it feels pretty scummy

CDPR
They just keep making amazing games.
KINO 2077 will force me yet again to buy their product. I just can't pirate their games, they are that good.

ahahaha going right for the jugular

FPBP

Koei tecmo

do you even have an actual argument against them?

The Pokemon Company
Even if you could transfer all your Pokemon to Gen 8, it would cost at least $25 to do so.

Bohemia Interactive and Paradox

Paradox

It’s a tossup between EA and Activision

Attached: 79EDAA0D-9F08-4E3C-BBE9-28CCC72FA5AC.jpg (748x724, 73K)

why is that man eating money, it has no nutritional value

Fpbp

realy makes u ttink...

Why not? It’s green

EA
Activision
Nintendo
M$

because he won't be able to poop, at least the little guy eating pancakes will be able to poop

I was about to say it's fiberous but then again most bills are made from a silk aggregate.

Imagine if EA spent money on making games good instead of shills to defend them on the internet.

EA, Activision, Nintendo, Bethesda, Ubisoft

bruh

Attached: 1508270656051.png (1915x1086, 270K)

Tiannemmen Square 1989

Man who have no water he go "aaaaAaaa"

but the source of the cancer is bethesda, with their infamous horse armor
that was the start of microtransactions

Tencent

FPBP
anyone that defends nuValve is disgusting

It's Nintendo. Only company selling low budget games and ports full price, and they rarely discount anything.

>Yea Forumseddit has more shills than actual people

Attached: current year.jpg (492x449, 48K)

Capcom. Hasn't done worth shit for more than a decade.

They were still recovering from Inafune.

People need to realise one man can actually do a lot of damage.

Sony

How are you enjoying your new card game? Oh wait, HAHAHAHA

Attached: 3qzasJq.png (704x956, 86K)

Activision, EA, SEGA with total war games and of course Capcom. Fuck them all

EA doesn't make games, they make companies make games for them

The greediest game company is Zynga, a company that you've never heard about because they made farmville and other freemium mobile game scams, and you know better than to play that kind of shit, right user?

Either EA, Tencent, Nintendo, Konami or Capcom. All of those are garbage that shouldn't be endorsed.

Imagine being so retarded you think a privately owned company that has made no moves to increase its revenue for years is the greediest company

THIS

user, you're replying to a chink shill.

IsrEAel

So someone extremely retarded then. Doesn't change anything.

Its cuz nintendos greed has been the same for 30 years
They just want you to buy the same game over and over
And buy accesories
Its not that bad desu
Theyre scum but i liked their games
Most of their new stuff is garbage tho
Cough lets go botw
Joycons
Splatoon

Paradox.
It is to the point that for almost a decade now they have released games with no content and features removed from previous games, only to rapidly spit out hundreds of dollars of dlc for their games.
As an added joke they often now even remove features from games already out then sell a half assed version back to you.

Tencent never cop enough shit, they've nearly singlehandedly ruined games all by themselves

Nintendo.

-they never sell their consoles at a loss, unlike other companies
-Switch is more expinsive than PS4 and Xbone, despite being way less powerful
-32gb of storage on Switch
-their games rarely go on sale, and if they do, the discount is minimal (Zelda BotW and SM Odyssey still cost full price)

2nd place is probably Rockstar

-GTA5 makes a gazillion dollars, yet they refused to make single player DLC because it's not as profitable as GTA Online
-Purposely delay PC ports because they want you to buy the same game twice or more
-Where's Bully 2, Agent, or new IPs? they have the money to open new studios, and make those games, but instead they pocket all profits from GTA5

EA. Who else?

The point is, you're being retarded by responding to them. Just ignore them.

Valve isn't a game making company though?
They sell games, what kind of retard isn't able to let that concept go?

Like shit you'd expect these frothing retards to be upset nintendo doesn't make cards anymore.

Enjoying Mordhau. :)

>Nintendo
Aren't their investors fucking reeee-ing their eyes out because they wont take a greedy and abusive enough stance on games?

>Only one result for Sony
Never forget omega labyrinth z

Nintendo.

Yes, exactly.

Attached: 1436372973586.jpg (192x250, 9K)

Game Freak
>Policy change that basically gives you new Pokemon games with less work and content put into them.
>On a console more powerful than the fucking 3DS

Intel

> that you've never heard about
Zynga was in the news a lot in the early 2010s.
You would have to be super underage to not know them

This, anyone who says anything else is a raging autist or simply ignorant mouthbreather who never would touch the games to begin with.

Even now, their older games still sell on full release price and is only really playable with tons of dlc "fixes".

They all are, to suggest one is greedier implies that the others are less so. The only thing that differentiates them is their chosen methods of greed - some play the long game, others opt for immediate returns. Business is, by it's very nature, a matter of greed (to seek profit is to seek more than you currently possess - the defining characteristic of greed), suggesting anything less is at best naive and at worst intentionally disingenuous.

They are kind of greedy but gabe is too fucking lazy to be the most greedy, they could make a lot more money if he got off his ass and got rid of the people arbitrarily banning games, plus they have been pouring all that money into Linux.

>ea shill deflecting that they had the first lootboxs

That's just how the market works, they are the only ones where people are willing to pay that price.

>He says, days after they lost a billion dollars in market value for delaying a game for not wanting to overwork employees

They do still make cards though don't they, just pokemon cards instead of hanafuda cards

They are all equally greedy, others are just more successful so they have more wealth.

When Gabe dies or retires, I'm scared what will happen to the industry, given Valve's stranglehold on it.

Yeah Valve is so greedy, constantly giving away their own games for free and selling them for $5 otherwise.

Don't even bother,pcbros will always ignore that

Underrated

GameFreak

For me, excluding mobile shit, I'd say EA, Paradox, Activision/Blizzard, and Ubisoft.

YES

YES

They meme it for a reason
Fuck EA

Sony, they got into consoles not because of some love, just purely out of hatred for Nintendo and higher ups being afraid of losing money they invested in the deal. What or when did Sony innovate? Microsoft at least started and still is a hybrid with PCs, before running on Windows, bringing online and hard drives as standard, now giving Windows 10 and Xbone the same stuff. Nintendo isn't afraid to innovate no matter what, how easy would it be to make Galaxy 3 after it was received? Or instantly announce Odyssey 2? They had a ton of opportunities, but at least they try not to be too obvious. Meanwhile Sony will do anything, they will suck any dick, just to be the popular one, just so you'll buy another system they make, equally as unoriginal in its name as the games that will come out on it (with two years of ports first, same as it was with PS4).

this

Sony wasn't always that way

Attached: The best of the PS2.jpg (2558x3000, 3.9M)

3DS was less powerful than PS2 and sold for more. Same with PSP. And Vita with PS3. Stop being a fucking idiot and comparing portables to home consoles.

No, Valve is still second to EA

paracucks
enjoy your $100 worth of dlc

Sony. 60 bucks for 1 year of ps plus. LMAO

cloud imperium games.

Dude you are not suppose to end threads with the first post

Nintendo doesn't make those cards, it's not even in gamefreaks hands those are made by a third company.

I get that over the years EA, Konami, Activision and Valve, among other companies, have had pretty bad reputations whereas Bethesda would get shit for selling something very minor for $1.50 here and there like horse armor... yes they started a trend but for years they were nowhere near the worst... but now with fallout 76 they've made a really, really bad game that doesn't justify anything like horse armor, and they lied to their consumers saying it wouldn't have pay-to-win microtransactions, and the microtransactions it does have are insanely overpriced and put Oblivion to shame, and they're banning players after they've spent tons of money on said microtransactions, and the servers are simply not able to run the game properly with more than 2 people... I really think Bethesda have actually taken the lead in greediness with all these things going into fallout 76. if the game had actually been good I might be complaining about EA and Valve. but Bethesda have not only tried to milk as much money out of consumers, they've done it with the least effort. maybe this game is just a one off and they'll pull themselves together and the DLC will never cost more than the base game and the game will actually be good. until then they have earned their spot.

KT
EA
Nintendo
Tencent/Epic
Blizzard-Activision

Attached: Fucking KT.jpg (314x591, 132K)

Nintendo
EA
Activision

I don't find paradox or valve particularly greedy

>constantly does Steam sales
>their own games are usually dirt cheap
>made TF2 f2p because the hat trading economy alone generates more income than actually selling the game ever could despite its immense popularity
>started the digital refund trend long before other companies followed suit
>actually fucking does regional pricing and knows the difference between $60 and £60

Yeah no.

>ctrl + f paradox
>5 matches only
Really?
Sure it's fucking zoomer in here.

EA is evil incarnate. The amount of ruined franchises is horrifying

Microsoft.

Starting paying for online
Forcing payment on dlc that's actually meant to be free

game freak

Why isn’t Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets on here

EA! Activision!
FUCK

>zoomer
ironic since the dlc policy you're probably thinking of with regards to their greed isn't that old

>big dude need more food
>tiny dude need less food
I dont understand the problem

all of them

I hate autism simulators, too many things to learn just to get shitty blob gameplay

Tiananmen massacre

EA, Valve, Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft, Riot (Tencent)

>constantly does Steam sales
Which generate hype which translates to money in their pockets

>their own games are usually dirt cheap
What games?

>made TF2 f2p because the hat trading economy alone generates more income than actually selling the game ever could despite its immense popularity
Are you fucking serious right now? You think them opening the door to get more people to spend more money on their hats was somehow them being generous? It was a calculated move to suck money out of people's pockets and into their coffers, and it worked amazingly.

>started the digital refund trend long before other companies followed suit
They were court ordered to do so in at least one region and only brought it out everywhere else because they'd get in hot water with their customers if refunds were available in Australia but not the US.

>actually fucking does regional pricing and knows the difference between $60 and £60
Okay, this one is fair. I could argue that they get more sales by being cheaper than competitors, but history has shown that EUs are willing to get fucked in the ass and pay £60 for a $60 game, regardless of the exchange rate.

E.A.
Is that even a question?

>made the worst and the most pay 2 win card game in history of mankind

I don't think you realize how many pay to win shits are out there and they managed to be greedier than everyone.

/thread

In the word of a certain Patrick Fuckboivin "EA not olny just not your friend it activelly hates you!"

calling GamefrEAk

Why's that?

100%, they're completely shameless about it too

Social Point, Rovio and Supercell are just as bad

EA
Then Activision, Ubisoft,valve,etc.