How do you justify a buying new console to your wife or partner, Yea Forums?

How do you justify a buying new console to your wife or partner, Yea Forums?

Every time a new PS or Xbox releases, I have to prepare a well argumented business case for my wife, explain why I need to buy it, what money I'll get from selling the previous console, how happy it'll make the kids, etc, etc...It takes days or even weeks to get a final GO from the misses.

I realize that if I did not have my wife I would have a lot more cool stuff and games than I have now. But I would also have crippling credit card debt, no savings, constant depression and would not be in the process of buying a home right now.

There's some give and take with marriage and shared finances but it's for the best.

Attached: sony-nintendo-microsoft-under-investigation-1.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 28K)

>buying consoles at all
lmaoing at your life

It's easier to convince my wife to let me buy a $300-400 console than a $800 rig.

>being cucked like this
lmaoing at your life

Tfw independent and don't rely emotionally, physically, or financially on what essentially is a second mom.

Attached: 250px-Wooloo.png (250x250, 43K)

My wife and kids make my life exciting and I love them for it. I can live with some compromises like asking for permission to buy expensive things as long as they bring me happiness.

Are you sure it's your wife and not your mother?

Of course

what kind of fucked up couple are you in if you can't even buy things you like without writing an essay for your wife ?

Attached: 1557755068985.png (1020x1020, 777K)

>wife or partner
what
>selling the previous console
What?
>the kids
WHAT?
>marriage and shared finances
WHAT THE FUCK??

We share finances but it's mostly missus who handles most of the finance stuff so I have to ask her before buying something expensive or she'll see that there's money missing. That's how most marriages work, user.

Stay single forever anons so you don't have to deal with shit like the op

Do you not have your own money? I'm not married but I live with my gf and we share an account for bills, groceries, etc... We each still have our own money though.

and what about your wife, does she asks for your opinion when she buys expansive stuff ? if it's the case then fair enough

Not much. She asked for my bank account details and credit card so she could watch over our finances and make sure I don't blow it all on some stupid thing.

Yes. Sometimes.

Spotted the wizard

To be more precise she says she's going to buy something and I let her, no need to convince me. As long as it makes her happy I'm all for it.

If you can’t think of a good enough argument to buy the console on your own, you don’t need the console. Also, Yea Forums is populated entirely by underage teens, so it’s useless to ask about stuff pertaining to marriage here.

have some self respect at least jesus

Attached: 1551544634219.gif (255x191, 2.71M)

What's so wrong with wanting your wife to be happy?

it's cool to want to make your wife happy and all but it has to be both ways, here it feels like you're being trampled on user

Do you also ask for permission from your wife's bull, Tyrone?

>$300 - $400
>expensive
Loving every laugh

>I'm not married
>but I live with my gf
>we share an account for bills
This is actually worse than OP

My wife and I have 3 banks accounts: Mine, Hers, and a joint one that we put X% of our income to for bills, emergencies, etc...

As long as I have money in my account, she doesn't give a fuck what I buy and vice versa.

Attached: kevin-rose-business-week.jpg (300x271, 22K)

you're pathetic my dude, and your wife probably thinks the same. she simply doesn't want you to spend the money she'll eventually get from you when you catch her in bed with tyrone.

Yeah what the op described sounds like fun. I love not being able to do what I want with the money I earn

>She asked for my bank account details and credit card so she could watch over our finances

dam nigga u hardcore cucked lol.

Attached: datass.jpg (474x510, 36K)

Any marriage that doesn't have this setup+a prenup is doomed to fail and bankrupt the male

Me and my wife's wages go into our joint account that all our bills come out of. We have set up automatic transactions that transfer each of us an equal smaller amount that goes into our own personal accounts which we can spend on what we want.

>tfw no gf

Attached: B33B31EF-571C-41DF-8A45-9FB0BB224977.jpg (720x405, 109K)

My partner wants me to be happy, not control me, so no explanation needed.

OP you seriously fucked up, I'm not even joking or being ironic. Don't ever let someone else have control over your life like that. It's a form of manipulation and abuse. I learned the hard way not to do that. Start a private account that she doesn't know about and save some money and DON'T SPEND IT, it doesn't have to be a lot and she shouldn't notice you doing it. You should have some backup emergency funds no one knows about in case shit hits the fan and you need money ASAP

I just slap and bite my hand until it agrees.

>marryied
>cha
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>How do you justify a buying new console to your wife or partner, Yea Forums?
"Hey, I really want to X,Y,Z so I'll but one".
"Okay, hun">

What the fuck kind of relationship are you in mate?

>OP responded to every post
>Gone for 20 minutes now
D-did his wife found out?

This. OP you're in some serious shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-132348.png (2160x1080, 1.51M)

Don't be a fucking cuck.
Just tell her to not worry, tell her that buying certain thing (not necessarily a console) will not leave you in red numbers.

Are you poor or something?

I don’t get how some people are such bitches when it comes to dealing with their gf/wife.

o shit

Attached: giphy.gif (500x255, 1000K)

Honestly if you're in a financial bind you should not be buying video games or consoles. Me and my wife both have jobs and we split our bills into a fair 50/50 pool, what is left over is split in another 50/50 pool between the both of us. Shit works out really well, if I can't afford something theb I can A: save my money or B: work overtime to get it.

I get a free console every two years free with my new mobile phone contract. I don't buy them

Low T for sure

Pretty much at the very start of my relationship I said to my gf that each of us has a certain amount of money each month for ourselves and the rest goes into our bank account. Both of us never had a problem with that rule and we never got in a fight over it. Just adjust it to your salary and ask your wife about it.

>tfw I was almost in a similar situation to OP
>Fiancé started to question my purchasing decisions while getting annoyed when I questioned her's
>it was always my money
>she wanted a kid
>the thought of spending the rest of my life with a person like that started to make me seriously depressed.
>eventually told her to get lost.
That was 10+ years ago and today, looking at my """""""happily""""""" married friends and hearing their constant stories, I'm glad I made the decision I made. OP is a massive cuck and its too late for him now. Thankfully, it's only bait.

Attached: 1557814174932.jpg (800x800, 68K)

cuck

Ask your wife's boyfriend what he thinks.

>Your wife runs the finances and you have to ask for her permission
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. fuck. you're such a cuck. I bet she makes more money than you do.

>married to somebody I love
>she loves vidya
>we both spend on it equally
>we also have our own money and don't question what the other wants to spend it on

Why would you guys get with somebody who isn't interested in, or at the very least, doesn't actively hate your hobbies?

Ever hear of the idea that you should marry someone who possesses virtues you lack?

Wouldn't any woman alive get fucking assblasted over suggestion of a prenup?

We each have our own PC because we are not consolefags.

Attached: 1559932992895.webm (640x800, 2.29M)

>Virtues = interests

Kek

Marry someone that loves and supports your interests Jesus Christ a few hundred dollar console is nothing compared to how expensive any new instrument is, season tickets, or hell a night out drinking can easily be more expensive than a videogame

You shouldn't have to DEFEND your interests

It is against human nature to be happy with a partner that plays video games.

>How do you justify a buying new console to your wife or partner
I earn the money so I spend it on what I want. I make fun of other men that let their spouse or significant other control their hobbies

>dude if i make her mad, she won’t give me sex!
That’s the case 99% of the time.

What an embarrassing post. Why don't you ask her boyfriend ?

dick?

If she can do that you already fucked up.

if you had any experience with modern relationships, people now will leave you for the smallest reasons

Yeah that's true

whose this lad?

I go buy it she asks if I bought something I say yes she says I shouldn’t have I shrug and go play video games.

Yeah I know, my ex literally forbid me for listening to certain bands/artists. Women can be pathetically insecure.

>he thinks consoles are expensive
Your children are exponentially more expensive than a fucking game console thats released every few years. Either you're retarded with your money or you're poor as fuck and shouldn't have had children.

I don’t have a very hard time with it, I rarely make those kinds of purchases as it is; I don’t do mid gen upgrades or anything of that sort.

I also use my own money for that kind of thing. If I want it, I’m going to get it. We both know that. She’s just way better with money than I am in general, so even if I’m using my own money, I tend to run a lot of shit by her. I’d be broke in a second if she wasn’t so good at talking me out of the stupid shit I’d buy.

>modern relationships
People have always dumped each other for petty bullshit, assholes are nothing new in the grand scheme of things. There are plenty of people who are willing to commit, compromise, and support you, you just aren't attractive to them.

So here's an actual reply to your post.

If you have the money, there shouldn't be an argument about purchasing anything. Going into the relationship, she needs to know that Video Games are your hobby. You also need to understand she has hobbies too and will also spend money.

If you're going to buy a home, be forewarned, that shit is expensive. I've owned my home for almost 5 years now. In the last two months I have spent 6k on: New gutters (plus new crown molding for the gutters to attach to), mini-kitchen remodel, new oven & microwave/ hood, new insulation. That doesn't include pavers I bought to build a grilling/patio area nor the plants for my wife's garden. (Also car repair too!)

If she is fighting you on the console, there's probably a good reason why. I handle the finances and while I hardly ever tell my wife, "No, we can't afford XYZ". If she were to ask to spend 1k on something for her hobby right now, I'd tell her to wait a month or two.

it's all about making sound, financial decisions. Ask to see what the finances look like and understand her point of view as the money person.

Attached: 1559779950796.jpg (505x364, 33K)

I never knew how expensive and time consuming houses were until I got older and became the man of the house. Jesus everything is always fucking breaking, there's always some maintenance that needs to be done, always something that needs to be cleaned, it never ends.

We keep our bank accounts separate so we don't have to justify each other what the fuck we buy for ourselves.

There's always something to do! It makes it kinda exciting and fun unless it's something you aren't able to fix yourself. Then it's just stupidly expensive.

I do not need to justify such a thing and if she complains I beat her.

Why? I have my own money, she has her own money and we each put in money for stuff so one of us doesn't end up buying everything themselves.

I justify it by saying it's my disposable income, we put in enough for savings to cover most tragedies or unforeseen circumstances, and the point of working a job with disposable income is to spend it

Stop hogging all the red pills, stupid crap idiot!

It's fun for me but that's because I don't have a full time job yet. If I had to work over 40 hours a week, feed a family and raise kids, and constantly do home repair stuff on top of that, it would be infuriating.

It's your hobby. She should know that. My ex-wife would buy me games all the time. Bought me a PS3 without me even asking, and not on a special occasion either.

bros i only have 3k out of uni

That's more than the average university graduate. Congrats.

thats terrifying, but i guess theres hope for me then?

Okay, I'm genuinely sad about the OP. I thought it was just another bait topic, but he seems to be just a simple guy with little money who wants to play games from time to time. But he is poor, lives in a simple tiny house with an equally poor woman who needs to control every penny because she knows that OP will make some stupid decision that will make his two or more children go to the school without breakfast.
And the children must have the worst neighborhood toys and are rejected by school friends because they do not have proper hygiene and pass lice to others.

Just get a nice PC and you're set for potentially up to a decade if you invest up front. Stop being such a cuck and buy what you want.

Some of my married friends have entertainment funds. They set aside some money every month so that when they want to buy a new rig or a console, they don't have a sudden depletion in finances.

>not wanting a second mommy

Depends on what you do. Consider the actions you take and the resulting consequences. You can't 100% predict everything, but you can guide your life in a direction with some sort of certainty. Good luck.

>How do you justify a buying new console to your wife or partner
If you need to do that, i think you have worse problems than choosing wich console to buy. In any case, just buy a PC and use the classic excuse of 'it's for working and watching movies'

>Not marrying a gamer or techie who appreciates your love for Vidya

Come on user, dieing alone is better than dealing with her shitting in what you love.

What did Amazon mean by this?

Attached: Amazon.png (902x1006, 431K)