What games 'do' depression well?

What games 'do' depression well?

Attached: mae.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/05/30/national/social-issues/preventive-efforts-seen-helping-2016-saw-another-decline-suicides-japan-21897/#.XQPDwBhOn3A
youtu.be/WQBlSnsT5bc
medium.com/@mardrasikora/down-syndrome-iceland-and-a-perfect-response-b47d957b5f47
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder#Akhtar's_profile
youtube.com/watch?v=r-Olp0vuhQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not that one

UGH.

real life

This is supposed to be about overcoming depression. I can't really tell you how, as everyone who writes about it either, turns it into an undesirable autobiography about their own mental health issues or talks about how challenging the platforming is.

Attached: CELESTE.jpg (1600x900, 304K)

Attached: 1533705709585.png (460x215, 133K)

not that one

Silent Hill makes me depressed as fuck.

I think The beginner's guide does it well. Treat it like a movie and play through it in one go. Pretty cool game.

Attached: The_beginners_guide_cover_art.jpg (220x103, 8K)

Bomberman
>Consistent failure to attain goals throughout life results in defeatism, low self-esteem or depression. In order to avoid serious psychological problems, a human being needs goals whose attainment requires effort, and he/she must have a reasonable rate of success in attaining his/her goals.

Attached: 51a1PScdg1L._SX345_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (347x499, 32K)

>wanting to see depression depicted in video games at all
The fuck is wrong with you? Just play the game for fun, not to see your own problems reflected back at you, you fucking narcissist

Tomodachi Life

pathologic

Silent Hill 2 does depression better than any of the depressing games I've ever played. /thread

Only Russian games like Pathologic and The Void do depression well. Americans fail at it and Japanese can barely grasp the surface.

unironically this.
It conveys the feeling of trying to overcome shit, making progress, only to massively fall behind again and having to start over.

Attached: getting_over_it.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

It's about anxiety issues you 80 IQ ape.

Cod4. Running in circles in drab environments for hours on end while you sit in the dark is peak depression core.

>depreshun

NITW is by far the best depression simulator I've played.

Dark Souls

PIZZA

>SHE is a WOMAN

Omg yaaaas!

Silent Hill 2. Not just MDD, but borderline personality disorder (and possibly adult autism) were found in Angela. In the end, she asks you if you'd take care of her, if you'd love her, knowing the answer. She tells you that a building on fire is how her life always is, as apparent by her outbursts and reflexive suspicions and lack of trust in men. Having been sexually abused by her father and emotionally abused by her mother (she said she deserved it) she was mentally stunted, never growing out of that screaming child phase and developing a personality disorder. She new what she was; in asking James if he'd love her and take care of her, she was being straightforward with her BPD; telling him that it wasn't going away, she'd always be suffering and she'd make him suffer for it. BPD can't really be cured as it's a part of people, a survival instinct that takes over after surviving truama, but there are coping mechanism that can be learned to contextualize the stress and grief of normal situations that could set someone with BPD off.

I wanted this level of depth with Mae but her depression mostly comes off as being pissed off about her psychotic break. She's at the age when that would happen and she needs to get help. How much of it was natural or supernatural was left ambiguous as she takes poor care of herself. I'm glad it handled the drama of dropping out of college well, but her depression is mostly explored through her fucked up sleeping pattern. Waking up every evening to be active at night is a usual avoidant symptom of MDD... but then she goes and has fun interactions with everyone she was trying to avoid. It's not so much depression as it is just "disenfranchised youth syndrome".

Attached: 1558642757006.jpg (500x375, 51K)

Silent Hill 2 is kino

As someone who knows crazy people, Mae was a down-to-earth character. The only thing that was off was the pure virgine meme, because people like her would have been banged by every single stoner in college.

none, and here's a tip from a formerly depressed person: don't drown yourself in depression related media. I know that it feels good to relate to it and to know that someone else out there feels the same as you, but you're actually just wallowing in your depression and you'll never get out of it that way. Exercise, eat better, find a new hobby, move out of your parents' house (probably). Any of those things will help your depression more than wallowing in some show or game that "gets you". Hope any of you depressed anons in the thread feel better soon.

Real life

Why don't don't boomers get how COMFY this game is?

Yeah but she's coming to terms with her lesbianism it seems like. I know she says she's bi, but as someone who experienced her "purity" it's mostly just the closet.

Being alone doesn't help you.

This, Celeste is about anxiety and self-loathing, not depression.

>le indie game about depression
just kys stupid indie loser boring fartfaces

Assuming you're talking about actual boomers, it might be because NITW is filled with millennial 90s culture. I know enough people >30 who love it, since it's their generation.

>female depression
>real

>wow it's almost as if career life for the vast majority of working people is rubbish and family really matters or something

Nah, must be internalized patriarchy.

I stopped playing that game twice because it made me feel bad because I dont have friens.

Right, for as miserable as she is, she has an excellent support system.

have sex

have cancer

At least it gives out nice childhood feels, back when the world was alright. Which is pretty much the premise of the game.

lack of gameplay

>I suffer in the 1st world because, uh, I'm depressed!

She had a psychotic episode in college and dropped out.

it wasn't bad but it needed more work.
i can understand where the story was going, mae having to mature and grow up, accept that time pass and not everything remains the same and the town was a reflection of it by showing a store closing and having a new business. her dreams and illusions could've worked well by being her subconscious taking shape based on her fears and insecurities and the pressure of making her drop out college making a statement she hasn't mature enough. The game really was painting a story about growing up and accept reality as it is by showing everyone choosing their path for themselves or expressing their thoughts like gregg and angus moving out and bea having to accept she will never experience having going to college meanwhile mae instead of moving forward she was taking steps back because she didn't want to accept that things are changing. it sucks that the game later had to drop the murder mystery and later the cult which ruined the fiction of this story

Mae read like a fucking 15 year old instead of a college student

>TACOS
>TRASH MAMMAL
>UGHHHHH

more like you typical furfag

>I wanna play as a castrated no T semendrinking sissy!
No idea, I only play good games for high test males like quake. Damn that was a good game.

>Inb4 seething fags
Hey champ try this ancient proven anti depressant.
1. Don’t be a sissy or a fag
2.????
3. Profit

Oh wow cool, you're a depressmo like everyone else. Maybe the world is just shit right now
Why does everyone want to wallow in it like its part of their identity?

I agree with this, the media and information you consume also paints the landscape of your mind, I know it sounds like something a drug addict would say but I do feel like its mostly just an aesthetic issue. You see nothing but failure and futility in whatever you consume and you subconsciously apply it to everything in your enviroment, failure is just the base assumption because you expose your mind to nothing but that, and often times your sub-conscious does most of the quick thinking while you just rationalize it afterwards and not much else.

Thats why propaganda is a thing and why it works, maybe soldiers saluting a flag or a family attending church is cheesy and transparent, but it does affect your mind and your world-view. Thats also why western media is often designed to be ugly and unappealing

It's about abortion you morons

Isn’t that kind of the point though? Showing how all her friends have moved on and grown as people whereas she hasn’t?

>depression
you mean living in the modern world? Fuck off with this shit, depression this depression that. "I have anxiety" literally everyone have some anxiety except for people with actual diagnosed autism who scream in public.

Attached: anime.png (352x377, 167K)

Depression is different for everybody

Attached: 1474497936893.jpg (1000x750, 221K)

as someone who sometimes suffers from depression i tend to just follow videos or accounts in social media that is all about funny content to brighten my mood. i know of people who only like to follow people who whine about politics and/or society and that' all they talk about and that shit is very depressing, why ruining your day with things that will upset you or get you sad on purpose? i really hate when people even go after you for enjoying content because they find it problematic or you´re laughing at stuff made by the wrong people. just live and laugh, you realize how tiring it is to live in constant worry and fear of what people think about you and try to find their approval specially from people you will never interact with in real life? laugh and get fat

I wish I was autistic enough o do whatever an get away with it. Blessed is he one who screams with is pants off at he mall, jerking off while shitting on his ripped Winnie the Pooh shirt.

Attached: deer-avenger_3.jpg (640x480, 140K)

Unpopular take incoming:
DDLC, up to the point where sayori kills herself

Based

I consume a lot of politics-related content but its mostly for the catharsis of having people willing to call out the obvious bullshit of modern life. I do filter out content that wallows too much in how "shits fucked" though, same principle applies, at that point you just want an excuse to give up on life unless you're genuinely the kind of person determined to change shit.
>laugh and get fat
Now thats some advice

depression quest

who the fuck wants to play a game about depression lmao

While I agree with you,
>/threading your own post.

the only politics i follow are the ones that point out the double standards of people no matter which side they are, and mainly when it involves media. i don't consider myself to be conservative but too much exposure of progressiveness suffocates me, specially when is all my friends talk about

>Thats also why western media is often designed to be ugly and unappealing
Japan is generally more miserable and prone to suicide. Showing "realism" in the form of non-kawaii uguu to tell "real" stories with "real" characters isn't indicative of depression or any sort of propaganda, just an aesthetic choice indicative of an individualist society. The collectivist marketing of trope heavy anime is closer to "propaganda".

It's a very real issue, a lot would argue it's a symptom of the modern/first world.
It actually makes sense that more and more people are becoming depressed/suicidal/etc when you look at how things like digitization have changed our culture.

I'm talking about characters that are clearly, intentionally made to look ugly, where a team of dedicated artists all look at the result and nobody raises their hand to say "this could look better"
Like that chick from Horizon Zero Dawn who looked a billion times better in her concept art
>"real" stories with "real" characters
Then again you might just be baiting or cherrypicking

What are some examples of characters who are intentionally ugly?

have you played the game through? thats sort of the point, her friends reveal throughout the game that they're doing something that involves them moving on and growing up, while mae just keeps being a self deprecating immature mess, even though the ending / cult plot has basically jack shit to do with the buildup. also
>instead of a college student
real life college students are usually dumb as bricks, I think they hit the nail on the head, and shes a first year dropout anyways

like in western or eastern? or just general?

Literally already named one but you're just going to claim "thats how REAAAL people look like" "I'll take that over anime samefaces everyday", heard it a billion times so why bother

Video games are for fun, not “issues”. Fuck all y’all queers raised on RPGs

>Japan is generally more miserable and prone to suicide.
Sources?
Because I would argue the west is too.
I can't say for suicide rates, but people here are definitely miserable.
It's why we saw such an increase in transgender people for example, or radicalization in political beliefs.

Western. It looks like you want to say that abysmal worldviews is what makes western cartoons more ugly, but arguably the cutesy appeal of 2010s "calarts" is less ugly than 90s cartoons in general. Has our worldview gotten better?

Attached: 1540994334421.jpg (243x207, 7K)

not to mention bea called out on mae's immature attitude face to face because everyone else was avoiding to drop the truth bombs, even mae's mother asked mae what the fuck was the planning to do with her life now that she dropped the only chance in life to have a future.

This, really. I think a game that's clearly had some passion and hard work poured into it (and is actually fun) will have a much more meaningful impact on a player than just trying to be relatable to them

japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/05/30/national/social-issues/preventive-efforts-seen-helping-2016-saw-another-decline-suicides-japan-21897/#.XQPDwBhOn3A

I thought this was common knowledge, but I guess all the doomsaying about trannies gives people a false impression.

Attached: 130742.png (1000x866, 27K)

>formerly depressed
Depression never goes away, liar. If your depression “goes away” you don’t have it

I even put "real" in quotation marks so you wouldn't get this impression. What happened to your head?

>If your depression “goes away” you don’t have it
That's what "goes away" means you dumb fuck

not him but I think you need to read that post again. They're saying that depression can't simply be cured and gone just like that

In that "I'm going to isolate and maybe die" form of MDD, yes you can be formerly depressed. Everyone goes through ups and downs and experiences existential dread, so that "depression" never leaves anyone, but that MDD that cripples you can be overcome.

I know what he said, I'm just throwing banter.

>depression a meme because only 'trannies' are depressed
I fucking hate nu Yea Forums (as much as i hate twitterfags glamorizing depression)

Lisa: The Painful. Though in this case, he really had a legitimate reason to be hopelessly depressed.

Attached: lisa the painful.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

I don't even think higher forms of artistic media can really do depression well, so there's no way fucking video games could ever do so.

Depression can go away if it's not chemical. For many people, depression is related to childhood issues that can be resolved through therapy and self-reflection. It is only for a minority of people that depression is a result of naturally low serotonin levels.

Unironically, Yume Nikki.

Nothing in the game truly matters or has purpose, and you cannot affect any of the unreal dream worlds. In the end you kill yourself.

Attached: 1267495319928.jpg (1200x840, 316K)

Japan is getting more accepting of LGBT and their suicide rates are dropping. Still more suicides than America though.

unironically

Attached: MV5BOGEwOTM5ZTUtYzEzMy00YTc0LTlkOTctNWRkYTA1MzYxNWM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU3Nzk4MDQ@._V1_.jpg (564x633, 84K)

What are 'legitimate' reasons to be depressed ?

For u OP

>Japan is getting more accepting of LGBT and their suicide rates are dropping
I doubt this has any meaningful impact on those numbers, I think it's work conditions.
Over the last few years there's been a bit of buzz about those due to the stress-induced suicides.

Attached: Nier.jpg (202x249, 13K)

I can only think of this.

pretty much every game with a "An Hero" ending

Attached: ActualSunlightHeader.png (574x410, 129K)

That's an idealized fantasy of depression. That's grief, not depression, as MDD is often characterized by a lack of motivation.

>last few years
Japan has been famously suicidal for decades though. It comes from a collectivist sense of living for others. They don't see meaning in individual wellbeing, you don't do things for yourself, you live for your parents. If you shame them, if you aren't what they want, they see it as a personal attack and a reflection of themselves. A failed salaryman and someone who is gay has brought shame to themselves and their parents. It's actually worse to be gay in Japan than it is in America and their suicide rates are more than just a coincidence.

Do I believe suicides are down just because they're becoming more accepting. No, but it could be a factor.

Was it depression or was it just her being unable to separate reality from fantasy?

max got over his grief at the end of 2. 3 is all about him spiraling into self destruction and alcoholism. also every game about depression is an idealized fantasy, otherwise they'd be unplayable.

By that logic, South Sudan and China should be have more transgenders than Brazil.

They don't have those options there.
The transgender trend in the US is just one of the many escapism options people with depression or similar conditions choose to try and alleviate or fix their situation.
I think of it in a similar manner to drug addictions or cults.

So you were playing devils advocate or something? I don't know man if you tell me to name a game with ugly characters you come off as playing intentionally stupid

Inganock was probably the best-handled game that was about depression that I can think of, but it wasn't very overt with its themes.

Attached: Inganock.jpg (550x800, 98K)

Edith Finch. Everything else is pretty shit.

Attached: CC4d30MWEAEGBp4~01.jpg (728x626, 76K)

>Canada top 10
lol

They do have those options there. Ladyboy culture as well as trans and cross dressing is more than just an isolated Asian thing. It's fun to play armchair psychologist and sociologist about these things, but it's too complex to support any narrative of "you're so depressed you want to make your life harder and choose to be a trannie".

Sister got raped and killed and also he's living in the post-apocalypse

I'm looking for what type of ugly character gives people this impression
>Thats why propaganda is a thing and why it works, maybe soldiers saluting a flag or a family attending church is cheesy and transparent, but it does affect your mind and your world-view. Thats also why western media is often designed to be ugly and unappealing
What's ugly on purpose due to propaganda and what propaganda made that possible. What set it apart from Japan and how is Japan somehow above propaganda.

I don't need to show you ugly western characters, just open the catalogue
Media puts disfunction and uglyness on a pedestal to make people mentally ill, thats pretty much what I'm implying
>how is Japan somehow above propaganda.
literally didn't say that. "Beauty standards" are also a type of propaganda since it provides an ideal, we basically have the opposite here

Humanity always finds reasons to be depressed. People kill themselves all the time for being too poor, or perhaps feeling irrelevant in a world where billions of people are irrelevant individually.
The human mind was "built" to expect pain and turmoil in every day life because if we existed in a simpler state, like traveling nomads, death and conflict would be every day life.

>Media puts disfunction and uglyness on a pedestal to make people mentally ill, thats pretty much what I'm implying
Source? Why would devs do that? This comes off as an unfalsifiable conspiracy theory possibly spun from trendy postmodern cynicism. It has as much validity as any other idea, but with the added bonus of completely disregarding the emphasis on simulation many games aim for and what that means for the average joe protagonist and their "realistic" level of hotness and other factors that could go into daring to make an unhot character.

Based finns as always

Attached: prööööööh.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

Yeah you sound really open to my ideas, nerd, let me waste more time on elaborating on the obvious

>go to University
>take 4 subjects a semester
>fuck around (literally) and don’t do the work
>deadlines catch you off guard
>DUDE IM SO DEPRESSED LMAO UNI GOT ME STREEEEESSEDD!!
Women are so fucking retarded, hearing this slut complain in class during our work group was pathetic. 99% of the time depression is literally someone refusing to do the thing they should but choose not to.

Several characters in Mother 3 exhibit signs of depression, and while there isn't too much dialogue about it I feel like it's done well

Attached: mother3b.jpg (767x600, 155K)

Being white

>implying devs obviously have every intention of making people mentally ill by not always making characters hot
Yeah, I guess I'm just retarded for needing some explanation.

Attached: Rufus-Showing-Off-His-Fat.jpg (402x268, 37K)

It is so fucking obvious you're just trying to score some epic btfo, I've seen it a million times, why the fuck should I bother elaborating on things you clearly don't agree with? It should be obvious what I'm talking about unless someone's intentionally playing stupid for some reason

Un-ironically this.

The whole theme of dying a thousand times but being still alive and in the end loosing yourself.

Attached: shmmp.jpg (722x713, 82K)

How is it obvious? If it were truly obvious, not only would it be easy for you to elaborate, this wouldn't be the first time I've heard this theory:
>Media puts disfunction and uglyness on a pedestal to make people mentally ill, thats pretty much what I'm implying

That deer's lash game is ON FLEEK.

>Nordics at the top
>Have the highest suicide rates and anti-depressant prescriptions of all the countries
>Also alcoholism, the cold and the darkness

This graph doesn't check out.

Attached: knife Moomin.png (225x225, 60K)

It is easy but for how much time I waste arguing this stuff with people who clearly were never open to your idea to begin with I'd rather call people out for arguing in bad faith for seemingly no reason instead
Do you agree that western culture is idolizing mental illness or not? Because if you're already going to disagree with that then I can already tell there's no point in explaining

What Remains of Edith Finch.

>be born as the most prosperous species on the planet
>have literally everything handed to you through millenniums of innovation, invention, and insight, refining our everyday lives to be as luxurious as possible
>brains are still hard-wired to find petty reasons to feel bad or unsatisfied with our lives
>mental illness can also sprout from this
>kys because human consciousness is a little bitch that keeps wanting more out of life even though it’s what makes us so powerful
Is this how we’re nerfed

Where does it say they have the highest suicide rates?
Not even sure how to read this one. Do we add the gun related to the non-gun related?

Attached: 2010_suicide_rates_-_gun_versus_non-gun_-_high-income_countries.png (718x921, 99K)

>waaaaah my self diagnosed depression im not autistic I sweeaarr

Attached: 765476547.gif (400x388, 1.54M)

doesn't life do a good enough job ?

You're wasting more time explaining why you don't want to explain. Time is clearly not the issue here.

>Do you agree that western culture is idolizing mental illness or not? Because if you're already going to disagree with that then I can already tell there's no point in explaining
The explanation should be the same whether or not I accept this premise. I wouldn't say "idolizing" as in "it's good to have mental illness" but western culture does recognize it more instead of keeping it to yourself.

I'm professionally diagnosed autistic AND depressed and live in a downward spiral of self destructive behavior, self loathing, and medically resistant illness.

I find no joy in anything anymore and pine for death every day!

How about them apples, nigger?

Attached: 1407569325078.png (278x184, 69K)

do a flip

I'm not even sad or anything, I just don't want to exist anymore. I wasted so much of my life and have no achievements, skills, abilities or anything that makes me likeable. I am physically unattractive, I have no friends or social contacts, I don't like my job, I don't see a future.

Somedays I just want to sleep and never wake up. What's the point?

Attached: 1538684854955.jpg (1280x960, 230K)

Id be depressed too if I was sub human and could never possibly reach mediocrity.

American McGee's Alice, DMC1, Silent Hill 1&2

I know that feel. I want to die but I want death with a guarantee and probably not at my own hands.

I'd be the kind of guy who would go "FUCKING FINALLY" during a bank robbery and probably exacerbate the robber to shoot my brains out, regardless of anyone else that gets hurt or killed.

I want my demise to come at me from the world's other misfortunes.

I couldn't take it seriously since I do a lot of mapping for source. A lot of my friends were like "Wow dude this true story is so great! You should play it!" and it was about some autistic guy who wanted to be left alone. That I can believe, what I can't believe is someone putting in a bunch of effort into something that will never be seen / optimized, plus the game references a bunch of physics glitches that don't exist on the source engine.

Make meaning. It's not going to come to you on a platter. Try new things. You got this

You're halfway to a solution; you've outlined that you haven't accomplished. Go accomplish. Try and learn something. You think people just accomplish once before 30 and that defines their entire lives? No, they keep learning new things and failing in new ways. Everyday is an opportunity for good and bad things. You can't control everything and what's done is done, but you can do something else.

Suicide booths in America when.

>I wouldn't say "idolizing" as in "it's good to have mental illness" but western culture does recognize it more instead of keeping it to yourself.
Yeah okay

Attached: 1560060470838.jpg (492x388, 39K)

the battle frontier in pokemon emerald

This.
Sometimes I fantasize dueling someone with swords and then being cut down and finally sleeping in peace.

You clearly don't want to have a good faith discussion. I've outlined my reasoning more than you have outlined your own so if you're trolling, you've won, but if not please reconsider your opinions.

"my boyfriend left me i'm so depressed"

dying is more like a timeskip than eternal "peace"

Attached: th.jpg (292x172, 23K)

Honestly I’ve given up on achieving or doing anything great and decided that I’ll just float on and do things I enjoy. I’m not much of a looker, I’m not charming, and I’m not the smartest either, but I’m okay with it. Although I might not be important, that doesn’t mean I can’t have a little fun with what time I have left.
I can’t change the world, but hey, why not see what it has to offer?

Western culture glorifies being open about mental illness to normalize and demystify it. Mental illness has been stigmatized as shameful, so to say "there's no shame in it" isn't to say "mental illness is good", just that it's a real thing that happens to people and it isn't a reflection of your character. Now that doesn't mean that there are dumb, irresponsible bitches who pawn off their responsibility to illnesses, but they're a separate issue and an unfortunate side effect. It's like having guns leads to gun crime, but that doesn't mean guns should be banned or talk of why gun rights are good should be discouraged.

GARMFIEL

>That image
They do realize that particular Greek god was killed for making humans immortal right?

I think it's more symbolic of humans fighting death. The problem with making your gods look like regular people.

I remember when old Yea Forums was 95% terminally depressed. Those were the days, yes indeed. Countless ;__; emojis ruled the page, everyone's dad beat the shit out of them and they had no gf.

Anyway, Cloud Strife is basically insane so the remake might bring some discussion.

>I can't do it myself, gubmint pls help

I realize you probably have an overtly romantic idea of a swordfight and thus sword-related injuries but take it from someone who's lived through one; even a shallow cut from a sword hurts like hell. I can't imagine what a fatal wound from a sword would feel like, but it's something you bleed out from, so you'd have a long time to contemplate it, should you get one.

Yeah it would hurt but I don't care, in old fashion, the winner would behead me after the battle.

>YOU accusing ME of arguing in bad faith
Okay I'll bite now
basically just as much as culture can be propagandized to push people to strive to be better (granted,usually self-serving for the government in regards to population growth, military prowess, economical growth etc) it can also strive for the opposite by normalizing and idolizing the defunct, and thats basically what I'm seeing happening in western media. The pretense is always "for better understanding" but effectively you're giving people media that idolizes certain lifestyle choices or demonizes one demography while idolizing another, and it has influence on their way of thinking. This stuff applies to video games too, vidya journos basically pretending to be the grass-root support for mentalities like "games aren't about fun" "games ARE political" etc. Dude I can ramble about this stuff for hours but all you want is for me to commit to any kind of opinion so you can be the detached centrist who tells me to have sex because my opinions are weird which is why I want to keep myself from getting baited into this stuff

Attached: 1530162605138.png (200x200, 50K)

Not to mention back in the day medicine would do nothing to help you with your pain and there's a chance they wouldn't do you the courtesy of a mercy kill and instead leave you to die of complications beyond just bleeding out.

It's kind of romantic tho.

There is a scene in "What remains of Edith Finch" that is really good. Its a walking sim so you can either a) watch it on youtube but the separation from the experience in itself really becomes apparent. b) Watch the specific scene found here youtu.be/WQBlSnsT5bc and forget the game's existence afterwards. Or however unlikely c) buy it/pirate it.

Attached: 1560454559603.jpg (500x281, 73K)

Depression is just the new OCD. There's a clinical meaning to it, and there are people who fall victim to it, but its everyday meaning's been ruined. In much the same way that anyone who keeps their desk meticulously organized is "OCD" when that isn't remotely what OCD is, anyone who's sad, lazy, or generally dissatisfied with their life is "depressed" when that isn't what depression is.

It is but pic related.

Attached: 62644500_1902081573266408_593029078274015232_n.jpg (500x400, 22K)

I know its super gay and all but the game inspired me to pick up the violin and the guitar, practicing regularly. Thanks to the soundtrack. Im still not good 2 years later, its just a hobby when games dont cut it. But idk I enjoyed the game, it gave me a glimpse of stuff i missed out on while in college myself and how i really should have kept up with my friends from highschool. Especially since I feel pretty friends-less most days now. Minus the fact i dont keep gay friends and the girls i hung out with are generally fat and lazy instead of hard working like Bae seemed. And Im not depressed. I think.

But at least instead of becoming an old useless man you are remembered as someone who had the balls to go into a duel.

Attached: duelX.jpg (560x535, 104K)

I didn't care for the story in the game overall, and I was VERY pissed off that the game refused to give us any answers on the curse (seriously, what the fuck, they just rip the final book away from us and flip us off.)

But Lewis's story hit me in the fucking heart, way too close to home.

>Dude I can ramble about this stuff for hours but all you want is for me to commit to any kind of opinion so you can be the detached centrist who tells me to have sex because my opinions are weird which is why I want to keep myself from getting baited into this stuff
You want to talk about this and I think that's great, but for as concerned as you are about what's "bad faith" you need to knock it off with this bad faith shit in general. I have been anything but detached, clearly stating why I felt what and my issues with your problems with concepts of mental illness in media as "propaganda". You've outlined how it would work but not telling me why you think it's happening. I've pretty much outlined why I think it's not happening and yet you accuse me of being a detached centrist.

What I'm getting from this is that you believe games SHOULD embody the ideal and "propagandize" self improvement. What do you think about Celeste?

This.
You can be depressed due to chemical imbalance, which can be fixed. You can be depressed as a symptom of another psychological condition (Hence anxiety co-morbidity being very common) etc etc. There are many ways to be depressed, and many of them can be overcome.

Wasn't that game about uncovering her lies and getting her arrested or something?

Yeah, behind being total zoomerfag bait, the game has a surprisingly "deep" meaning behind it. If played with the right mentality it's surprisingly chill

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey did a good job. The main character never outwardly seems depressed, but her life is kinda shit and she struggles to move forward. She gets sucked in to fantastical bullshit and slowly figures out how to start getting on with her life and has her own little character arc that happens parallel to the plot that picks up from the first game, then right at the end she's about to have an epiphany and the game ends on a cliffhanger. Then it was abandoned for 8 years and the writers were too focused on shoving present-day political awareness into the game to actually take that anywhere satisfying.

Gee I wonder what anxiety and self-loathing lead to/are a result of.....

Pain's a part of life, might as well experience one of life's extremes before you go out. Also, you don't have nerves internally, so I imagine it wouldn't hurt all that much more than a deep cut.

Yes everyone experiences anxiety, thats normal.
Some people can't stop experiencing anxiety even when everything is fine, or are hampered much more severe effects of it. Thats illness.

This is right. You'll never find an honest depiction of depression because the reality of it is sad, embarassing, unpleasant, uncomfortable and really unsympathetic

just be yourself

Dissatisfaction and low self esteem are not depression.

Slavs don't consider Pathologic as a depressing game, it feels... normal to us. Even some of devs admitted that.

It's nice to dream about it like that but the reality of that picture you posted is that unless that flimsy fencing saber punctured the sternum/skull and pierced the brain/heart, that guy on the ground would be writhing in pain for a while before he expired. People don't die nicely from swords.

I don't think I need to explain why I think people prefer pretty, good looking characters over ugly ones. Even if you want to argue "damaged" "imperfect" characters are more interesting then I'd rather play as a drug-addicted armless dude like Brad rather than the kind of goblin you play in something like mortal combat or borderlands
>What do you think about Celeste?
Gameplay wise it looks like an actual game so I'll give it that, but its "themes of anxiety and depression" or whatever it was, while at least coming off as genuine, are just signs of a feminized generation to me. Characters having struggles to overcome is kinda the point of stories, its just the manner by which you do so and that game is giving me pretty gay vibes.
Media feels like its just trying to coddle people for being underwhelming instead of reaching out to them to inspire them to do better

I dont know man this kinda stuff you either "get" or "feel" or you don't, I'm sure you might see the exact opposite in modern media, but "tolerance" for me is just a codeword for normalization to me now, and normalization as in "this is good"

Attached: 1532165615051.png (328x301, 5K)

I get it, but it doesn't matter. The point is not the pain, the point is that you preserve your honor.

Silent Hill 2

Portal 1 and 2 also tap into several feelings of existential dread

That's pretty gay user but good on you for practicing musical instruments, the best way to fight depression is to see yourself make progress in things.

Use that sense of progress to make some friends, get into TTRPGs or something, that lets you meet people weekly and get to know people well with the barrier of a story/game to lessen the awkwardness.

Your statement just means men's problems could equally be solved by being stay at home fathers.

Not entirely. Every game that tries to depict depression has some dramatic outside force appear for the sake of progressing the story, because if the depressed character were left to their own devices it'd be a game about sitting around doing nothing. It's inaccurate because this doesn't happen in most afflicted peoples' lives, but not necessarily because it doesn't depict depression honestly. Not that any of these games actually do that, but it's technically possible.

The first world isn't good for the working and lower middle class.

It's just better than the third world.

Stop being such a pussy and just be a communist.

God, personal weakness in people makes me physically cringe - especially when people fish for sympathy for it or just plain wallow in defeatism
I GUARENTEE that if you fix these things about your daily habits
>eat properly, get 100% of your dietary requirements every day
>ESPECIALLY Vitamin D, that means go outside
>do light exercise so you don't rot and feel like shit
>make an effort to talk to people, face-to-face, for that sweet oxytocin
>sleep from 10pm to 6am
>cut yourself off from tfw bullshit, WHY CAN'T SHE BE REAL bullshit, and any other pity party trash
for at least a year, that 98% of internet-'''depressed''' people's lives will be immeasurably improved and you'll all stop being such annoying, sad cunts

Anyway LISA is pretty sad

Attached: 1521296323910.jpg (249x255, 12K)

>Stop being such a pussy and just be a communist.

I unironically don't know what this means if you're serious. Communism was and still is pretty fucking retarded.

Those are literally two of the catagories used to evaluate depression scores, user.

It's literally just recognizing your own interests.

The workplace is 90 percent of human life. The government is minor by comparison. Yet we'll revolt at tyranny in the latter while accepting it in the former.

Read Einstein's "Why Socialism", "The Conquest of Bread" for a good description of the end goal but a lacking discretion of the transition, and look up Richard Wolff for a more accessible introduction.

it's all meaningless since I'm a manlet

do you think nothing bad ever happens in 1st world countries?

Hated this "game'"

Lol that doesn't work at all, worth doing though.

It can go into remission and you can even stop taking medication if you're well off enough mentally. But yes there's no real cure, it can creep back up on you. That doesn't mean you can't manage it though and live a fulfilling life despite it.

Me too man. Me too.

I wish autism went away.

I'm not asking you to explain why you prefer pretty people, I've been asking for an explanation on this

And now we're here:
>Media feels like its just trying to coddle people for being underwhelming instead of reaching out to them to inspire them to do better
Which is strange because Celeste is about doing better. It it gives off gay vibes so it looks back to coddling, if I'm understanding that correctly.

Your emphasis on feelings makes it clear why you've been saying what you've been saying and why it was hard to ask you simple questions. You see things as obvious because you don't need much proof to back up feelings. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a dick trying to "btfo" you, but you need to form better opinions or at least recognize the level of validity you ideas have.

And normalization isn't saying it's good, just that it's normal. Talking about and reaching out for help with illnesses should be normalized. And yes, the media capitalizes on touchy feely trends for commercial gain, don't get me wrong, I don't think their intentions are entirely pure, but I can point to marketing strategies to explain that. I can't explain why they'd make people mentally ill or how normalization always means "this is good".

Probably one of the most relateable things I've seen in a game, uncomfortably so. The endless repetition of factory work, the same unfeeling drab environments, the constant daydreaming, that voice in the back of my head going "I wish I could just disappear". The need to be special, but never doing anything to earn it.

I'm glad I was able to find a way out of that shit life. Wish I could say the same for some of my boys.

>GUARENTEE that if you fix these things about your daily habits
The catch 22 with actual depression is that a depressed person can't accomplish this without outside help, and rarely have people in their lives who take notice and help, and even more rarely have the drive to seek help.

It's a lot like ADHD. Just like a kid knows he's not supposed to talk when the teacher tells the class to be quiet but literally can't bring himself to shut the fuck up, a depressed fuck can memorize that list you just greentexted, fully understanding that they need to do all that and why, but can't bring themselves to do it. You can sit there and teach them the proper way to live a life, train them to develop skills they can use to achieve it; they can fully absorb everything you said, have a desire to do everything you said, but sit there doing nothing while thinking "I should really be doing that". Having all the knowledge and skill in the world wouldn't matter one bit, because it's a disorder that hinders a person's ability to put that knowledge and skill into action remotely as well as a normal person.

You're right about these internet-"depressed" people though.

>Be depressed in norway or any country
>Told to go to therapy and get help
>You do and you get better

>Be depressed in Japan or any contry that stigmatizes mental health
>Told to fuck off and deal with it

Gee I wonder why one country has a higher happiness rate then the other.

If there is something to spurn self improvement it would be that scene. It's aggressively making it clear that we are not alone no matter how the world makes it feel like sometimes. It really is relatable to an uncomfortable degree like you said.

He's probably equating Finns to Scandinavians and then to Norwegians.
>Do we add the gun related to the non-gun related?
Yes, they really should have made it one single bar.

Anyone see DingDongs stream of this?

so unless someone cares enough - thats that?
maybe an hero isnt a bad deal

Roommania #203

The Cat Lady

I want to fuck those eyebrows.

lol just caught that
10/10

That's kind of how it happened for me. For years I tried to improve my life but I am depressed so it all goes wrong. I got so depressed I became delusional, tried to an hero while fully immersed in delusions, and then I actually got the help I needed from the government.

Also I should add, once I got support my efforts to improve actually began to work.

guess ill just have to kill myself gently

Yeah, use a really dull blade.

I find infrequent intense exercise to be better, like lifting heavy a couple times a week. When you come to the very edges of your ability you feel much better about your accomplishment, and the longer periods between sessions enable you to grow to achieve more next time.
The rest I agree with.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

hilarious
maybe ill buy a helium baloon and just do fun voices stuff untill I pass out
oh man thats an idea
helium fueled suicide hotline calls
man thats gonna be fun
and if they laugh you just get upset and hang up, that'll fuck them up

>You're right about these internet-"depressed" people though.
The good news is that I've heard middle school kids talk distinguish between diagnosed and undiagnosed depression. Thought I was in for some pure cringe listening to my niece talk, but the kids are actually informed.

It's not really an "either you have it or you don't" kind of thing. Everyone has that "I should really be doing that instead of sitting on my ass but I'll keep sitting on my ass" attitude to some degree. It can almost always be solved with some self discipline, but in some cases it can't. The caveat is that those cases are literally impossible to tell apart from laziness until some major life event happens. Outwardly, the person just looks like a lazy piece of shit. Inwardly, the person doesn't know all this is going on and feels like a lazy piece of shit. There's no way to tell them apart from someone who IS just a lazy piece of shit. Nobody has sympathy for them, including themselves. Help is even harder to come by, since there's an appearance that they don't deserve it.

wow, they're just like me!
great

Don't forget the baloons! But man, that's so lame if you do helium. You won't get airlifted out in a chopper, you just float out the house with a balloon string noose tied around your neck.

Ironically, we didn't have a wojak spam back then. Or "have sex" memes.
Normal = subhuman

Attached: 1524439656093.jpg (400x400, 23K)

I know I'm late but what makes mapping in Source fun for you? What game to you map for? I map in the Cube 2 engine because easy and I like being in the map I make because I can make and move cubes around faster than typing them in. Although, I am looking to expand into a new engine that's more versatile.

Attached: 1560201955237.png (800x600, 503K)

>The catch 22 with actual depression is that a depressed person can't accomplish this without outside help
Bullshit
I'm doing most of those and have been doing all of those before I left my last job.
It's not that they're impossible to do, it's just that they only really fix """depression""", not depression.

This is how it has been me for me. Tried to pull myself up on my own and every inch of progress felt like climbing up a flat endless wall. Got some help, a diagnosis and was put on medication. Surprise after a month or two not only was I easily making effective progress it came naturally. I didn't have to crawl my way out of a pit anymore, I could actually function like a normal human being again and piece my life back together. Even when I didn't try to improve my life I could still function, I didn't need to be on a strict diet and exercise regiment just to not want to die, I just started to naturally want to live and feelings of suicide and deep sadness were completely gone.
Lesson is don't let bro science /fit/ tards tell you how your brain works.

I put emphasis on "feeling" because I'm not going to source and cite a billion things and articles for this, I'm just trying to communicate an idea, not win a debate.

>mfw I'm 30 and completely couldn't get behind how the dialogue in the game is written
I could handle oxenfree, because it felt a bit "how do you do fellow kids", but this game? Fucking alien way of thinking and speaking to me.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Came to post this. Usually depression in games is depicted as some kind of singular dark and horrific event. Like a violent nightmare to get through, or an empty prison.

What I really liked about Zoe's character arc was how grounded her depression felt. Someone who technically had everything that she needed to move forward, but just felt jaded and burnt out. Going through the motions and repetitive routines, day after day, and just not finding the reason to care about anything anymore.

Attached: dreamfall_longest journey.jpg (1000x532, 56K)

until medication fries your brain and you kill yourself at least

It was just accepted that Yea Forumstards were outcasts, didn't have to explain shit to anyone. Also late night threads were amazing.

You should talk to some college kids, they are every bit as awful as the game makes them out to be.

>refused to give us any answers on the curse
I thought part of the whole point was that there was no curse. Bad things just happen, coincidental or otherwise. And people look for something to blame.

Attached: uc7fsb3tl4iz.jpg (2048x1536, 294K)

Half-life 2: Episode 3, you brainlet zoomer

Attached: 1476994738928.jpg (500x371, 65K)

I agree. Sayori's depression was done very well. Mods get it wrong more often than not though.

>Disassociation is how I've gotten through my monotonous work for nearly a decade
>the most realistic story depiction that I've ever seen of it ends in brutal suicide

Attached: 1474751874153.jpg (306x306, 66K)

We are going to make it. We are all going to make it through this storm of emotional turmoil.

unironically if you stop jerking off to porn and at least do it no more than once a week you'll be more motivated and less hormonally fucked up
the chemical released when you cum literally supposed to relax and unmotivate you

I thought a lot of DDLC was more genuinely sad than it was outright scary.

Attached: sunflower_by_satchely-dbzgnm2.png (500x577, 268K)

You made a claim and dodged backing it up, refusing to even explain how it's obvious or tell what made it obvious. You should have said it was just a feeling sooner. When trying to communicate an idea, it's important to be clear.

Stop jerking off so much, it makes you a docile little bitch

>Giving out genuinely good advice on Yea Forums

Orgasms are a great relief when you're feeling nothing.

surely that's a lie, right? There aren't any extroverted cheery happy people that just pretend to avoid being crushed by depression on a daily basis?
AWWW, SHIT

Attached: screen-shot-2018-07-29-at-16-11-21.png (767x431, 98K)

i did this all through college, even got into the habit of doing it just to fall asleep at night.

There are no games that do depression "well". That's like asking what games do homosexuality or trannies well. There is no good way to glorify a mental illness. It will always be a bad thing for society.

Attached: image.jpg (225x225, 5K)

All I'm saying is that modern trends are malicious, and you kinda need to observe their limits and internal inconsistencies to "get" what I'm saying. I can't help you with that unless I post a billion articles and images, but then I'll be accused of derailing and nobody wants to hear it anyways.

What I'm saying is whatever people want to cultivate "understanding and tolerance" for they usually inevitably make those things fashionable instead. Kids who want to transition their gender haven't "been like that all along" and are only coming forth with it now because they finally feel understood, they're seeing something fashionable and something that'll give them attention so they go for it. Couple that with actual knowledge of how amazingly fucked up those processes actually are and you can't help but ascribe malice to these trends.
I read about a country who actually managed to almost eliminate autism in newborns and people actually got upset and likened it to a genocide, this is exactly what I mean, they don't want people to "understand" things, they want it put on a pedestal.

For some reason I always felt like Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life had that dull depression filter over it. Something about the lack of music and general gloomy atmosphere

Attached: 1520857946-573095658.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

that's literally me...

LISA

Silent Hill 2 is the only game which actually captures depression
The rest are games trying to cash in by having a "depressing" story, which normally goes as deep as "my mom died, I'm sad"

How do you even know when you are depressed?
Is there a line when feeling like a piece of shit all day actually becomes clinical depression?

Attached: 1560199750598.gif (346x367, 510K)

>All I'm saying is that modern trends are malicious,
And that's not obvious and would require backing up.

>and nobody wants to hear it anyways.
I obviously do.

When breaking eggs to make omelets, we look past the broken shells. The purpose of breaking eggs isn't to make trash, the shells are a byproduct. Whatever downside there is to encouraging "understanding and tolerance" doesn't have to be the cynical end goal. We have laws and we can agree they're good even though they're imperfect and frivolous lawsuits are a thing.

>malice
You know people can be fucking stupid, right? Attributing it to malice based on feelings isn't the best move. Consider the possibility, but don't elevate it as fact.

>I read about a country who actually managed to almost eliminate autism in newborns and people actually got upset and likened it to a genocide, this is exactly what I mean
Holy shit, source please.

>they don't want people to "understand" things, they want it put on a pedestal.
Ironically, the part of the microscope that holds the specimen is called a stage. To display something isn't to glorify it.

A red flag is if you become physically sluggish even after sleeping for 8+ hours.
When I was a wagie, I had to consciously force myself to walk like a normie or I'd fall into this "zombie shuffle" where I'd swing legs a bit like a pendulum to conserve energy.
Or if you're severely demotivated and the thought of going to buy shit you like feels like ton of work.
Or when you don't see anything as fun. A typical day not having anything to look forward to, except ending wage shift or stopping being hungry. I like this food analogy: depression is like when you open the refrigerator and it is full, but there is nothing to eat.

The only games that really do depression well are Yume Nikki and its fan games. Silent Hill 2 might be acceptable as well but it's really more directed at other mental problems like emotional trauma and inability for people to face their actions. Music is the only medium that can really nail the feeling, though.

Attached: fishermansguile.png (600x600, 11K)

isn't it more "samsara analogy" than depression?

Looking at your steam played hours list

medium.com/@mardrasikora/down-syndrome-iceland-and-a-perfect-response-b47d957b5f47
I only remember seeing a screencap but this article also has the same thing. It was about down syndrome though. But just observe how she treats down-syndrome like a personality, and eliminating a disease in newborns like some kind of genocide, this is basically what I'm talking about.

Or, for example, ask any fervent liberal if parents should be allowed to abort babies for being gay and watch their reaction

>A red flag is if you become physically sluggish even after sleeping for 8+ hours.

This is me. I'm tired all the fucking time.

I'm not even sure what to do about it. I tried Sertraline and Mitrazapine so far, but Mitrazapine turned me into a zombie and so far Setraline has just made me rather ambivalent to everything.

Just, don't know how to feel happy. I exercise regularly, have loads of hobbies but I feel like nobody likes me and I feel like reality is just dull and uneventful compared to fantasy.

Comparing being gay to down syndrome really, really weakens your point.

fuck society

Psychomotor retardation. It's so fun trying to do normal shit with it.

i can't go on nofap anymore i'm terrified of holding myself. I was always someone with compulsive masturbatory habits and then one time i decided to go on nofap to better myself, after one month i gave up, after finally blowing up i ejaculated an abnormal big load on my towel, it startled me the moment i bursted since the volume of the cum was massive, the shoot quick and pressure noticeably hurting when it passed through my urethra, i was legit scared, the stain was as big as a dinner platter(?), and it was impossible to clean up. Since then i just continued masturbating as normal and told no one of my condition.

Attached: 1556721550304.png (100x100, 28K)

> I exercise regularly, have loads of hobbies but I feel like nobody likes me and I feel like reality is just dull and uneventful compared to fantasy.
Have you checked self for schizoid personality?
This sounds rather strongly like it.

t. schizoid

>A Wonderful Life
>Depressing
Heh

I am asking because I'm on the fence on whether I should seek therapy. Currently doing things my younger self dreamt of doing, but I feel nothing all day except the want to quit work.
And once I do I don't do anything anyway except Yea Forums, watching the same youtube clips repeatedly and buying games I will never play.
But maybe I'm just a shitty and lazy. I do not know. Would prefer if I was sick rather than just an awful person.

Attached: heh.png (120x144, 4K)

psychology is the most pseudo-scinecy weak shit ever
Yeah if you have chronic depression drugs will actually help, but everyone who is slightly not normal ends up with a diagnosis after going to therapy
Even if you're completely happy they want to diagnose you with some shit to sell their drugs and give more money to the companies who sell them

>Mentally ill retard acts retarded
duh

UGH.

Smoking weed as Franklin in GTA 5

It's way more likely a person is depressed than Schizoid. The symptoms for SPD are stupid misleading and don't tell you that you're probably not schizoid unless you've spent your entire life feeling that way.

>check wiki
>In schizophrenia, activity level may vary from psychomotor retardation to agitation; the patient will experience periods of listlessness and may be unresponsive, and at the next moment be active and energetic.
Fuck fuck fuck fuck

I don't have it that much, but it sounds a lot like my "two mode" behavior I had when a wagie.
One mode was "zombie" or "shutdown", the other anxiety with lots of fidgeting and biting my knuckles raw.

I thought you meant eliminating autism as in finding a cure, but it's literally eugenics. I'm not even saying it's bad in this case, but I get people's distaste for it. Gaybies aren't really on the same level of a baby with MR so any sort of reaction doesn't have to be a uniquely liberal one.

Nope it proves it because gay acceptance has always been argued from a "this is just how I am, I can't help it, so please just accept me for what I am thats all I ask" standpoint, it was still treated as a detriment but as one people couldn't help.
And guess what, now its just a lifestyle choice and another demography of people with constant grievances to settle with society. This is literally, exactly what I am talking about. I am not saying "genocide the gays", I'm not retarded, but homosexuality used to be seen as a problem people can't help and """acceptance""" was argued from that standpoint, and all this acceptance this and acceptance that made way for "gay" to be turned into an identity, and now everyone's a little gay, and people should give each other "bro-jobs", and straights are weird and boring et cetera et cetera.
In that hypothetical we'd be eliminating a detrimental genetic predisposition, except now people would treat it as genocide instead because of all those pushes for "acceptance" have basically elevated it instead.

>schizoid personality?

I used to be really emotional as a kid though, it's only when I developed the coping mechanism for hiding my emotions which causes me to depersonalise that it becomes a problem.

I do it because my life has been brought up that showing emotion causes my family to uproar in emotional outbursts which make me feel guilty.

The difference is I want to get close to someone but what if they find out I jack off to hentai and shota and loli? And then they blackmail me or manipulate me? I would probably kill myself.

I don't know man, the part where he's active despite demotivation, reality being dull but fantasy being fun sound like red flags to me.
Schizoid is semi-common too. Not as much as depression, but still.

>unless you've spent your entire life feeling that way
Not really entire life.
I'm like a textbook case and for me it didn't kick in fully until mid-teens.

>I used to be really emotional as a kid though
A common theme in schizoids is being able to make friends early in life, but losing that ability sometime after elementary school.
You should read at least the wiki page for schizoid. It usually quickly converges on either
>nah, I don't have this
or
>fuck, this is literally me

so what do you guys think about ketamine being used to help with depression?
i think it's still in testing, but apparently it's providing really good results for people that have had depression long enough for it to affect the brain chemistry in a semi-permanent way.

>tfw left high school without any friends
>only hobby is video games
>not enough energy to get into a situation where I can find friends
>doubt I would find any anyway

Attached: seal-snot.jpg (3456x2304, 888K)

Have you tried to stop fapping?

Thing is, I can make friends but I often feel like a sociopath when doing it. I don't really feel close to them or like I can trust them in any way.

I can empathise with people really well, I just don't show it because I don't want someone to use it against me or break my trust.

>acceptance that made way for "gay" to be turned into an identity, and now everyone's a little gay, and people should give each other "bro-jobs", and straights are weird and boring et cetera et cetera.
It sounds like half of your problem is that you're out of touch and rely heavily on assumptions.

Being gay comes with problems, but I'm glad someone didn't abort Alan Turing. Gay people can contribute plenty and actually the only issue would be that the parent thinks homosexuality is bad because they assume that even though the science of artificial insemination predates the science of precoging gay babies, "muh legacy" is somehow a strong enough grievance to abort.

Can acceptance go too far? Yes, but I'm not going to rage at the concept of it on principle, I'm going to take it as a case by case basis like anything else.

>Have you tried to stop fapping?

Yes, and it helps somewhat, but the feelings return eventually anyway.

What if I feel like virtually all my relationships are purely performative? Like I get that's common to an extent but for me it's to the degree where I feel like I could cut anyone off immediately if necessary and not feel any "loss", it's also something I have done multiple times when things go poorly.

"Damn, we are here for you girl..."

Also to add to my comment. Every so often I have an emotional blowup where I snap and get really angry or cry.

It happens rarely though.

Yeah yeah I'm just out of touch lol
> but I'm glad someone didn't abort Alan Turing.
Still waiting for those nigerian brain surgeons to arrive in europe. Can't just use the best case scenario as your base assumption. But if you do then you better be against abortion in general so we don't accidently abort Alan Turing The Second
>"muh legacy" is somehow a strong enough grievance to abort.
How about not having any fucking grandchildren. Are you sure I'M the one who's out of touch?

I have no idea what to say to that but I feel like you might want to give it another shot.

You should check it if you feel like your friendships "don't count".
Don't last, don't feel mutual etc.
It's just like 3 minutes and if you have it, you'd like to know.
Sure, self-diagnosed doesn't really count, but it still helped me a lot to know what I'm going through. And I'll know what to get checked when/if I go to psychiatrist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder#Akhtar's_profile

What about if I actually do feel lonely though and want to be intimate with people? Doesn't that go totally against SPD?

Part of me thinks that people don't really care, they just act as though they care. And maybe it's the world that's the problem. Also pretty paranoid people are talking about me behind my back and judging me for being talented at something.

>How about not having any fucking grandchildren
Adoption is a thing. If you care about genetics, surrogacy is a thing.

I will admit I have a personal stake in this, because almost all of the symptoms but fantasizing fit me, but I did some research on it a while back, and what I determined more or less is that if you can remember a time before "feeling this way", or you have a strong aversion to being a schizoid, then you're probably not one. Instead, you probably have really severe clinical depression, which will require tons of effort to treat, but it is possible. The vast majority of clinical depression sufferers get it in the age range of 15-25 (this is the kind you're inclined to get from genetics), and if you're willing to search through facebook, you'll find countless people who lost the ability to feel emotion or pleasure in their teens, spent years on SSRIs clueless what to do, and many who eventually found a way back through a variety of treatments.
>or
>>fuck, this is literally me
That's the flawed part of it, IMO. There's no good indicator here where the line of classic, melancholic depression stops and SPD begins.

And you have still been diagnosed?
Does your life even change anything knowing that you are schizoid?

If you think adoption is the same as having your own flesh and blood as your children then you're the one who's out of touch.

That sounds a bit avoidant, but some of the descriptions of schizoid include bits like
>antisocial on the outside, but secretly craving love
Like the one I linked. It's a table so easy to read and not a wall of text.

>depressed for years
>barely able to work, stay inside 24/7 if possible
>luckily work was so lenient they just kept me around for minor shit
>play games, buy a gun
>tried working out, eating healthy, cooking, getting out in the sun
>still depressed
>have seizure (epilepsy and depression are incredibly common) get in car wreck, truck is totaled, concussion, etc
>have to be on meds to control them
>meds make me angry
>doc switches me to another that's supposed to help with seizures and severe bipolar depression
>weeks pass, start to feel better
>start to feel great, get into gym, eat healthy, lose almost 100lbs, get out more, go one a first date in almost a decade

I get that medication should not be the first line of defense in treating depression and that there should be other attempts at mitigating it through positive lifestyle changes, but after over 10 years of dealing with it that little thing completely turned my life around.

My favorite depression games were always shitty FPS' like Call of Duty and other throwaway titles because I never gave a shit.

The point is being gay isn't debilitating.

>How about not having any fucking grandchildren.
>the science of artificial insemination predates the science of precoging gay babies
How about reading?

Those sure are a lot of workarounds and best-case scenarios for something that totally isn't debilitating lol

Pretty much this. The Cat Lady does an amazing job at representing depression.

How many shitty western cartoons do you need to take in to be like this.

Attached: hxf0hnslmtbz.png (1268x571, 366K)

That wasn't me, but you ignored surrogacy. You've been conveniently ignoring what's inconvenient to your ideas.

It's been fun, but I'm going to have to do something else now. It's good that we all learned something.

One more from me: Reproduction is ways a best case scenario. It's never guaranteed.

>Part of me thinks that people don't really care, they just act as though they care.
I've seen both ends of it. I went to a friend when I was going through some shit and he basically said said he didn't care about any of mine or our other friends' personal shit, he just wanted people he liked to hang out and spend time with. It hurt at the time, but it didn't affect our friendship in the long run. Meanwhile, I'm the polar opposite. I think of most of my friends like they're my family and care a lot about how they're doing and what they're going through, probably more than myself. But just like with my real family I'll go a long time without talking to any of them unless they talk to me first. I'll isolate myself for weeks or months at a time, barely talking to anyone. I give the appearance I don't care but I do. He gave the appearance that he did care, but he didn't. You can't judge what other people are thinking by their behaviors alone.

>but you ignored surrogacy
because thats also a workaround for something that apparently isn't debilitating at all.
Even if thats just an effortless thing your gay offspring totally wants to do the problems don't end there because a gay couple is a pretty experimental and volatile parental enviroment. Inb4
>its still better than single motherhood
no shit its still better than garbage, though even then thats debatable since abuse is pretty damn prevalent in gay relationships
>It's good that we all learned something.
you wish lol

>There's no good indicator here where the line of classic, melancholic depression stops and SPD begins.
Does depression include shit like vivid daydreaming, allowing "exceptions" for some autistic hobbies, constant introspection?
Those don't sound very depressive to me.

So far I didn't because going to psychiatrist sounds like a megaton of effort to me, but I planned out to do it after my next birthday, as some sort of "life improvement plan".
I actually commit to things I promise myself, so I'm pretty sure I won't bail out on this one.

So far self-diagnosed, but it improved my life because I stopped trying to be a normie and no longer force myself to interact with normies.
Being paranoid around normies was one of the most horrible things I had to deal with before that.
I had sort of an "extended extended family" which invited me to parties, marriage ceremonies etc. I always felt incredibly out of place on those, like I'm constantly making a retard out of myself, so forcing myself to go to "be social" really sucked.

i have no motivation...all i do is smoke pot all day. am i depressed?

I am kind of like this but I have friends now after being on meds so who knows.

based

Attached: dbdh-sta.png (500x348, 88K)

>no motivation
yes, but just:
Exercise
Sleep
Find Hobby
Set Goal
And deal with failure correctly

But are you happy? Just thinking if the human interaction still has some positive effect on you. Avoiding negative stumuli isn't the same recieving positive stimulus in the end.
Personally I barely do anything out of enjoyment anymore, but instead some sense of duty. But people online warning against self diagnosis makes me assume thats just part of a bad personality, not a disorder. And at the very least it's only me suffering.

i masturbate a lot, it takes me like 45 minutes of vigorous jacking to nut because im really not that into it anymore, still do it like 3 times a day and work up a sweat everytime, should be plenty of exercise
i sleep about 12 hours a day
i have hobbies, pot and vidya
my goal is to play through my backlog of vidya games without ever running out of bud
im not sure if i am failing or winning, cant tell if im depressed or so happy that there is nothing better to look forward to

>off work
>smoking pot
>eating rice cakes
>playing secret world
feels GOOD man
I hope I don't wake up tomorrow!

He said he wasn't diagnosed, but no - you don't get anything for it. SPD is considered to have no cure, so there's no reason you would actually want this diagnosis (which is why most schizoids end up diagnosed only at the behest of family), but the more relevant part of this is that schizoids don't care whether they're schizoid or not. It's a bit like Plato's cave allegory - they've never experienced reality as most people do, so they have no idea what they're missing, because it happened so early. This right here - childhood trauma - is the crux of the schizoid problem. That's why I distinguish between "getting SPD" when you're a kid and when you're a teen, because in the latter you finished your core development, which can make all the difference.

>Does depression include shit like vivid daydreaming, allowing "exceptions" for some autistic hobbies, constant introspection?
Unironically yes, those all fall under the category of escapism which depressives cling to like a crutch. It's true schizoids rely on the daydreaming and fantasy worlds more than depressed people, which is a good indicator, but the fact that the majority of symptoms for SPD are shared by both parties makes diagnosis an issue.

If I can suggest some reading to you, try The Betrayal of the Body by Alexander Lowen. He talks about SPD at length, including some methods he used to cure his patients. After reading it, I determined I was depressed instead of schizoid, but either way, it should be a helpful resource to you.

TACOS!

>But are you happy?
Certainly happier than when I was a wagie.
I sometimes wish I had someone to talk to because it did help me a bit, but it always inevitably turned to paranoia in the end.
Plus, presence of people is really annoying to me. If I'm not talking to someone, having them sit near me is automatically unpleasant. If they make any sounds, like loud breathing or yawning, it quickly becomes unbearable.

>But people online warning against self diagnosis makes me assume thats just part of a bad personality, not a disorder.
You don't know until you check, but if you meet a ton of symptoms, there is a high chance it could be it.
Disorders are common, almost no one is truly "normal". Random person is statistically more likely to have schizoid than PhD, for example.

It depends on rest of your personality if it matters to you.
I'm incredibly introspective, so not getting to know myself is unthinkable for me.
If you wouldn't change anything regardless of professional diagnosis, then you can just ignore the whole issue.

As long as you are content with your life as it is, you should be happy.
If there are things you feel are missing from your life you should try to work towards them.
Also can't be happy all the time, it's normal to have ups and downs

>It's true schizoids rely on the daydreaming and fantasy worlds more than depressed people, which is a good indicator, but the fact that the majority of symptoms for SPD are shared by both parties makes diagnosis an issue.
First time I hear about this, but I guess it makes sense.
>try The Betrayal of the Body
I'll check if I can find a pdf
I hope it isn't too huge, I can't commit to reading or watching, I still haven't finished "how to win friends and influence people" after two weeks of trying to read it.

What if I vicariously live through fictional characters masturbating over them and wishing they were real so I could go on adventures and hang out?

Welcome to Yea Forums?

I also use it as a coping mechanism to deal with crippling loneliness and lack of any relationship experience.

Self a/v/Yea Forumsare

>I'll check if I can find a pdf
There's a .pdf on #bookz at Undernet via irc, and you can always skip ahead to the important stuff. Essentially he's saying all schizoids have a kind of PTSD from certain incidents during childhood, and the only way to recover your emotions is by forcibly cracking them open like an egg and dealing with them head on. It didn't work for me because there was no trauma, but for real schizos I assume it's like a dark and tangled mass of dull feeling in themselves they stay away from out of instinct (I think he literally uses a 'thawing' metaphor in the book). A lot of schizoids say there is no cure, but I think this is bullshit really and only goes to show how laughably understudied this thing is, even moreso than treatment-resistant depression, where they just keep developing new SSRIs.

>I still haven't finished "how to win friends and influence people" after two weeks of trying to read it.
Don't bother, you'll just come off like an insincere boomer entrepreneur. There are actually memes about people who follow this book that you can identify because they use your name too much in conversation, or keep prying at your hobbies.

We're dying!

>psychfag here
There is a concept known as 'centrality of memory' where people base identity and tie strong memories/self-perception to specific traumatic past memories (rape, abuse, etc., etc.), and this is heavily prevalent in PTSD patients.

Take an iodine supplement.

>iodine supplement.

I've already had a blood test and had no deficiencies.

I put 20+ hours a week into making music that sits on my harddrive without anyone else hearing it. People make things for themselves all the time. that's like saying you dont understand why they'd make their own desk if it's not going into and IKEA store.

>Essentially he's saying all schizoids have a kind of PTSD from certain incidents during childhood, and the only way to recover your emotions is by forcibly cracking them open like an egg and dealing with them head on.
This sounds like a very specific interpretation that other sources don't repeat.
I started reading it and so far it sounds incredibly detached and abstract, as if the dude was trying to make a map of schizoid mind and then treated this map as if it was the mind itself. All those "images" and "ego".
Still, I'll try to read it, just without much hope for wisdom.

>There are actually memes about people who follow this book that you can identify because they use your name too much in conversation, or keep prying at your hobbies.
I'm too self-aware to pull off shit like that.
I'm reading it partly because of how anti-me great deal of this shit is. It sounds incredibly stereotypically-American.

Some parts sound genuinely useful, though.
Like avoiding arguments - for great deal of my life, I thought others like arguing as much as I do. This book helped me understand that normies actually really hate arguing and it wasn't just the few cases I met.

just do once a week without porn

>wanting to feel like you're understood is narcissism

I hope you have meaningful conversations with people on the regular and not just "for fun" meaningless shit shooting

>the volume of the cum was massive, the shoot quick and pressure noticeably hurting when it passed through my urethra, i was legit scared, the stain was as big as a dinner platter
Pretty hot

Attached: 1520808678984.jpg (640x620, 65K)

In the book, he paints it as a failure of the mother and father to fulfill a child's development. You know, the mother contributes one thing, the father another, and this stage is fundamental to a person's growth. When a mother ignores an infant's cries, for instance, this is setting him up for something terrible. So Lowen's hypothesis was that to treat these people, you had to make them accept their mother and father, and one of the treatments might be shouting "I love you" at the top of your lungs, while another might be thrashing around a pillow to express that anger which you never could as a helpless infant. Supposedly this process over many weeks cured a lot of people.
What other sources have you looked at besides Wikipedia? I know it's a bit Freudian for the modern reader's taste, but don't let that sour your opinion on it before you've really seen what he's trying to say.

>Have borderline personality disorder
>begin a spiral of moodswings due to the heavy stress of my job
>go to the psychiatrist
>get mood regulators and a small antidepressant
>feel consistently happy and dont want to smash my head in with a hammer everytime I do a little mistake
>actually look forward to going to job now

Is this how normal people feel all the time? Wtf

Home's not gonna call itself.

I'm not really sad or unhappy, I'm just completely unmotivated to strive for anything even though I'm not exactly in a good spot
Don't really care about getting a gf anymore either

Attached: 1535830221302.png (637x491, 30K)

I felt this after i got on Methylphenidilate for ADHD and stopped taking space out breaks in the restaurant's walk in cooler or feeling like i wanted to walk out in the middle of every single shift

>What other sources have you looked at besides Wikipedia?
Wiki does sum up some other views and lists some sources. They don't repeat the trauma part and it's significant enough to be repeated.
Not a huge authority, but still.
Plus, it partly conflicts with the more biological view - schizoid being on schizophrenia spectrum, correlating with cases of schizophrenia in ancestors.
>don't let that sour your opinion on it before you've really seen what he's trying to say
Too late, it already sounds like an opinion to me and not an incredibly qualified opinion at that.
>In the book, he paints it as a failure of the mother and father to fulfill a child's development.
This sounds like it could have some merit
>you had to make them accept their mother and father, and one of the treatments might be shouting "I love you" at the top of your lungs, while another might be thrashing around a pillow to express that anger which you never could as a helpless infant
Now this sounds literally insane.
If it works, then it must be mostly by accident, like with most self-help books.

I'll still try to read at least some of it, but I can't say I'm not strongly disappointed.
I've been burned by "bad science" a bunch of times in my life and I can't see anything with this little rigor as "real science".

Damn that's good stuff my dude, my meds also help me concentrate now. ADHD sound pretty hard to deal with.

Have you met girls in college? They all act like that. I know fucking 28 year old girls who act like that.

>Have Bipolar II and ADHD
>Fucking wild mood swings where I'd put my head through the wall or get myself in trouble with the cops since I felt like I was high on life and would do dumb things
>See a psychiatrist and a therapist
>Psych puts me on an antipsychotic and a mood stabalizer as well as high doses of adderall
>Holy fuck
>it was like there was a fire in my brain but it's put out now
>Can focus, am consistently happy, have normal, healthy reactions to things
>Start to build my life from there
>Finish college
>Get a job before I even graduate
>HOLD that fucking job (still working a big boy job in an office)
>About to move out of my parents house
>Lost 15 pounds even though I was a healthy weight
>Started exercising

thank you based medicine and therapy

I fucking know right, like the effect for me was instant it was insane, one day I was crying and contemplating literally running away from my life because I missed my bus. The next day I'm completely calm when my boss tells me to redo something.

Thank you based medicine.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-Olp0vuhQI

Don't mind me

Attached: tenor.gif (332x498, 974K)

tfw

Attached: trash.gif (428x428, 1.24M)

Fucking hell. The side effects were awful, but I would never trade that for the benefits. My god. I can sit still and... be in control of myself. Just think about that for a second. Not having to impulsively move my body or force myself to do anything mundane or non-dopamine stimulating is just such a blessing. I almost want to meet the people who developed abilify and adderall and thank them

Rainworld, although it's more the feeling of depression and futility rather than being "About" depression.

Not really
The only thing that is being threatened in Dark Souls is the power of the gods
Humans can live in the dark so the only fear is losing the world you’ve grown accustomed to, however the dark is not the end

>The side effects were awful
Like?

You ever heard of Akathasia (probably spelled that wrong)?

It's a constant, overpowering need to move -- sometimes known as restlessness. Imagine always needing to move in some way or another because it feels like your muscles are constantly itchy or tense. It feels like my entire muscular system was trying to walk out of my body

My psychiatrist explained it like this:
>Dopamine is what we're trying to regulate in you
>It's also the neurotransmitter that tells your muscles to relax

Oh and I gained weight.

The side effects passed in time, but holy fucking shit lads. AWFUL two weeks.

Feel free to believe what you'd like, but just be careful with this self-diagnosing business, user. It's true that book sounds a little nonsensical but that's partly because we know almost nothing about SPD to begin with. If you really do remember a time in your life before all this - when you had emotions, and felt the joy of friendship, and so on - I would go the route of treating it like depression and seeing if you respond to several medications before anything else, even some more pronounced treatments like ketamine. You might have already accepted this idea that you're schizoid, but it's sad to think of someone depriving themselves of the full spectrum of life before they even know what it is.

Anyone else overly self-conscious?
Like I can't even listen to music out loud at home if someone else might hear it, I'd immediately get embarassed

Attached: 1550653167873.jpg (733x757, 60K)

was going to mention this as well

Is that not depression?

thanks im cured

Depression does feel like shit, though.

It was about searching through several interrogations with this one woman to discover the truth about her husband's murder.

It's a pretty fun little detective game where you have to plug in keywords into a search bar to find new clips, based on what she's said in previously-viewed clips.
At one point I had to open Notepad to keep track of all the keywords I wanted to look into.
Worth checking out to be honest

All the time man.
I have not shared my interests for a long while with anyone, afraid of being ridiculed.
Not that I have many to begin with, and the list is shrinking fast.

Does the complete lack of motivation and settling for not having a gf not feel shit?

On their own, no.
Lack of motivation can cause problems, but it doesn't hurt by itself.
Sperging out over no gf is what separates incels from just virgins. So if he doesn't give a fuck about no gf, he can't be a bitter incel.

Meant more that the lack of a gf prevents him eradicating loneliness and starting a family. Obsessing over puss by itself isn't good for anyone.

i'm not quite so bad around my family but yes
i went to a few therapists and they're useless desu

It's a man

silent hill 2 was the only horror game i ever played that actually creeped me out
that game is really good

ok i did all those things and i still feel like an empty shell 95% of the time now what

He said he doesn't care about no gf, so it's not really it.
It's not "settling" if you don't give a fuck, it's only settling if you can't get it and decide to go for something you can get.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 79K)

It's a 2D
It's not gay when it's flat

Since he said "Don't really care about getting a gf anymore" I assumed he was giving up, and not finding himself more content in his gf-less state. If I am mistaken then all power to him.

>interactive
Is Depression Quest not the one where you have choices, but some or all of them get locked out because of your depression, and there exists not a single route where you deal with your depression in a healthy manner because the "game" railroads you into the most self-loathing, defeatist and pathetic possible outcome

no you got that mixed up with real life

For some reason, I have days where i just collapse on the couch and listen to "Snow" and feel miserably nostalgic

I moved out of my parents house and at first it was freeing but now my sleep schedule is fucked from plating vidya til 4am, I eat like shit and I feel more lonely than ever.
>inb4 manchild
where do you think you are

No, it's the one where you have a clear and obvious route out of depression and few locked out options only serve to remind you to feel bad.
Oh and you have constant support from people who love you.

Female """Depression""" Quest

Being sad about no gf isn't incel, not understanding why one wasn't given to you and blaming every women for your problems is.

Still, not caring about no gf implies not incel.

Semantics.

>what works for me must work for everyone else

>falling for the moving out meme
It's a way to artificially create demand for housing, just like engagement rings are a meme to increase demand for diamonds.

oh fuck off, thanks for the reading material comrade pointdexter

I wouldnt call it a meme but its more of a relic from a different time where youd probably already be getting married at that age
No point in forcing you to move out if you can barely even afford it

Why'd you need to move out even if you're married? Multi generation households were pretty common tbqh. It's efficient use of ressources. But idiots need to rent those run down apartments that no one in their right mind would actually want to live in.

Attached: 1523584834966.jpg (261x216, 8K)

>your bones need calcium to stay strong
>your body needs calories to keep going
>vitamin A helps your skin stay healthy
>vitamins B and C help keep your brain sharp and active
>Yep sure

>there are also other chemicals you need for your mental well-being like endorphins, serotonin and oxytocin, which are gained through proper diet, regular exercise and through socialization
>Uhhh what do you mean these other quantifiable, scientifically proven chemicals for your mental well-being? It's all just a brain problem bro keep your chemistry out of it, I'm special so my problems transcend body science

Attached: 1540838054762.png (554x554, 47K)

>Multi generation households were pretty common tbqh.
They still are in Japan and other parts of Asia, where upwards of three or more generations might be living in one home

The past few decades have shown young adults continuing to live at home for longer in the US, so it might wind up becoming normal again to have multi-gen housing situations.

>

Attached: 19.gif (230x150, 20K)

Placebo route from the Silver Case is the only vidya story I've seen so far that catches the "burned out adult living an empty life" feel

Depression is often caused through external factors which cause you to develop internal deficiencies which feed into the cycle. That is if your depression is caused through genetics which is exceedingly rare, but if it happens you're pretty much fucked because your brain is simply broken and we don't have the tools to repair it yet. Fixing your diet and the other things you mentioned obviously helps, but only so much. Unless you tackle the external factors like childhood trauma, you won't be getting out of it. Not to mention that it is extremely difficult to actually do anything when you're depressed because depression saps your motivation and vitality to the point where you're simply too unmotivated to even kill yourself. Which is why sometimes antidepressants 'causes' people to do just that, they finally muster the motivation to do it.
Yeah but it's looked down upon if you do that, you're basically a loser if you're an adult and still live with your parents, not to mention that most people would reject you as a romantic partner just for you not having your own place to call home. I think a lot of the psychopathology inside families comes from the idea that the nuclear family is the ideal model, what do young adults know about romantic relationships, raising children and controlling their finances? Nothing. They're stressed out all the time and this in turn affects their relationship and their children. Multi-gen households have a much easier time sharing ressources, knowledge and workload. But on the other hand, you can sell all the dysfunctional people medicine to 'cure' all the problems you've caused in the first place so all is well.

>That is if your depression is caused through genetics
That is if your depression *isn't caused through genetics

Night in the Woods doesn’t do anything well.

The Silver Case
>Alcoholic
>Smokes like a chimney
>Bitter
>Shit talks everyone who tries to be nice to him
>Spends literal weeks in a one room apartment, only chatting with his one online friend, reading articles about plants, and talking to a turtle
>Spends multiple in-game days doing literally nothing because he has no motivation
>Constantly daydreaming about the time he was happy
>Is only friendly in the handful of times his Mom talks to him
>Only friend is a turtle
>Only person he can talk to honestly is his bartender, and only when he's wasted
>His life only gets worse as time goes on and he learns more about his life
Also he's the protagonist of an entire storyline

Attached: 1539695134577.jpg (243x300, 17K)

wat gam