How the fuck long is this? I've been playing for like 3 hours and it feels like I haven't gotten ANYWHERE

How the fuck long is this? I've been playing for like 3 hours and it feels like I haven't gotten ANYWHERE.

Also, general tips? And is there any way to gain more uses of the party member resurrection ability?

Attached: Planescape Torment.jpg (404x502, 41K)

180 hours just to finish it casually

Planescape: Torment is actually shorter than most other cRPGs out there. I practically finished the game in a few days, and taking my time doing sidequests too.

Just enjoy reading, because it's practically the meat of the whole game.

I presume you're still stuck in Curst?
The start of the game takes a while because you're really solving a mystery and it's hard to notice explicit progress for a while.
Progress becomes MUCH more clear after that, so don't worry.

...By the way, if you're focusing your character on dialogue, I suggest that you improve your parties' combat capabilities to at least some degree. There are one or two areas where you're forced to fight later on, and if your characters can't fight it's borderline unplayable.

No way he's in curst at 3 hours. He's probably stuck in the depths or something.

Very, you haven't. Combat is more important than you think. Yes, you won't miss it when you see it.

Probably somewhere doing some sidequest/exploring Sigil.
Really, the ball starts rolling once you meet Pharod, so I'd say he hasn't met him yet.

30-40 hours

>Combat is more important than you think.

Is it possible to talk your way out of everything like in Arcanum?

i want a game with a good story

buy this? its on sale

yes

>3 hours in at Curst on a firsts playthrough

Are you retarded?

PS:T has a better story than most scifi or fantasy novels, so if you're into reading (and not a Yea Forums autist who is only into "literature" and philosophy) you will enjoy this.

You can talk your way out of a LOT of things, but you will still need to fight.

Yes, but like Arcanum, there's still mandatory combat.

Its very long and its great

what if i hate tl;dr wordy shit. when does it get to the action? halo was a very deep story and philosophical but less boring then this.

>halo was a very deep story and philosophical

Attached: transparent bait.png (600x600, 462K)

stop posting

have you ever even looked at the wiki!? huge. there are even entire books on halo. sorry if bungie is too smart for you.

Deionarra's sensory stone is amazing to read.

Took me about 30 hours, played as a wizard. Started with maxed out wis, int, and cha in that order. Talked my way through most of it.

>have you ever even looked at the wiki!? huge
lmao, is halo the only game you ever played? literally any game series has huge wikis with a shit tonne of in-world lore, but that alone doesn't make it good.

I honestly agree with .

I'm such a brainlet can't even figure out how to make magic viable.

To become a mage in PS:T, you have to do 3 quests for Mebbeth.
You're not a brainlet, it's just that it's easier to be a warrior/thief than become a mage in this game.

Same user. It's fun to be a Wizard, but I feel like I'm playing DnD 5th with how much I rest in between fights to be able to cast magic again

plus if you max out int and wisdom you get a lot more exp points due to more quests and dialogue options opening up, plus you get more from flashbacks and memories

Here is how you make it viable. Let Morte and the Psionic Samurai wonder boy do all the work while you fumble with your spellbook. Kiting is also a thing in this game, as well as pulling only a single enemy using LoS(ignus is good at this job).

this. mage can get tons of dialog/xp/interesting options but otherwise kind of sucks combat wise

lol

If you get a good dagger you're not THAT bad, but once shit gets serious you can purge everything on screen wtih fire. Also having friends spell to give +8 cha when completing quests/talking to key people/trading is OP as fuck and lets you put a ton of points into CON and be indestructible.

Halo 2 is legit well written. Some of the Covenant and Gravemind dialogue is permanently etched into my soul. Don't bully this man.

fuck it dude. put the game on easy and turn up the game speed.
the combat in this game is absolute ass, despite it being one of my all time favorites (just like VtMB).

Normal will be fine, if you turn it all the way down it's too boring. There should at least be a chance to fail.

>How the fuck long is this? I've been playing for like 3 hours and it feels like I haven't gotten ANYWHERE.

Keep a piece of junk in your inventory because it opens up a portal in ragpicker's square which leads to Pharod. I was stuck on this part when I was a kid for hours. I'm not sure if that applies to you, but the game opens up once you can get out of the main city for a bit.

>deep
No

Try Ubisoft games.

Yeah, combat is not so great desu. All those DnD shenanigans just don't work so well in videogame. For example classic fallouts feels way more comprehensive than PTS and have pretty much same depth.

Thanks for the tip. This is actually useful.

Deep and philosophical? Fuck no. 1-3 were well written though, 1 especially.

How do you know again that you need trash in your inventory?
I got stuck once as well but once I somehow managed to discover that.

Have you tried updating your journal?

>playing for like 3 hours
jesus christ where do you get the time to play that much? when i return home from work, i work at wendy's btw, i can barely make it to play anything, let alone a game longer than 2 hours

you read stuff that game puts on the screen and you learn new things from the words

So the game play suck but the story is good?

Why shouldn't I just read the story online then?

Because it benefits greatly from being interactive

>3
Maybe if you're talking about the terminals. CE is a good action story. 2 has hints of greatness in it but botches its ending. 3 is an absolute mess of a plot that ditches everything good about both CE and 2 unless you're talking about the terminals, in which case it's Bungie's best work since Marathon.

>why should I have sex when I can just watch Jamal fuck my wife?

Because you cant read it online, you can read a synopsis but that barely scratches what you can see for yourself and interact with and the story you can create. Interactivity is a major point in the story of Planescape Torment and its something you can only do through a videogame. What a dumb question. Gameplay is alright too, just gets tedious sometimes unless you know how to cheese it.

It's not that the gameplay sucks, it's really just the same as other infinity engine game.

That whole section is great, I think that's the point where the more prominent iterations of TNO become distinctly apparent to the player

>immediately this is the first thing your mind springs to
The actual state of /pol/ + Yea Forums

But why else would someone choose to read a synopsis online instead of actually experiencing the story?

Because the story and gameplay have actually very excellent harmony with one another. Only the combat sucks.

I spent 3 hours in brothel for slaking intellectual lusts first. One of greatest experience in video games

But there are so many other examples you could have used to illustrate your point, your mind just sprung to internal thoughts of a cuck for some reason

Give me a better, more fitting analogy.

brehs...

Attached: 64685468.png (801x141, 196K)

How are you liking Best Girl Ever?

Attached: Fall from Grace.jpg (1135x1499, 283K)

>previous prominent iterations of TNO
That's another good part, during the beginning you get all this lore and worldbuilding and then discover that it was another one of your previous iteration.

>most people have to pay to experience this through a sensory stone
>Nameless One can just do it every day if he feels like it