Animal Crossing

Never played one of these games but this one has me interested. Tell me what this series is like both the joys and frustrations

Attached: file.png (950x534, 664K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/jzVYwMz3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Play new leaf

what system is it on

Is there an emu online? I don't really wanna buy it if I don't enjoy it.

3ds
im in the same boat, op
this switch version looks worth playing
the others, not so captivating

pastebin.com/jzVYwMz3

Thanks user
Best wishes to ya'

>joys
slow completionist grind, relaxation
>frustrations
idk, game is designed to never be frustrating, it's just slow and laid back

It works off of real time

Fuck off back to plebbit.

Yikes, someones a little rude.
Go back to your blacked threads on /gif/

Attached: jojo.png (329x376, 249K)

Don't play new leaf, just wait. Most people only get into animal crossing once. You might as well play the newest.

The game is an elaborate doll house with a real-time clock gimmick. Exciting things (so far) about the newest title are pavement, decorating outdoors, and crafting. Take that however you will.

meaning? I can't imagine a real day for me is a real day in the game

That's exactly what it means. The game runs like a clockwork diorama on a real life time schedule. The fantasy is that it's a "real town" that's happening while you're not there. It's a game you drop in on daily for 15min-1h at a time.

so 5 hour marathon sessions on the weekend aren't recommended

Nah AC is a game where you spend like 20-40 mins per day, just checking your town and doing things

with all due respect, kill yourself

Hey man, if you want you can do it but it probably won't be much fun. You might find progress dries up after the first hour then get bored. It's very much a regular, short session kind of game.

how is complete defined in this game then

Paying off all debts in the past, but that has slowly stopped being the end-all for the games, so really, its whenever you are satisfied with what you’ve done.

>having this poor of taste

are you a never sleeping never hungry character in the game who can work nonstop with no ill effect

Attached: file.png (600x600, 382K)

At least that would be collecting all of the bugs, catching all of the fish, and digging up all of the fossils. You can usually display all of those things in a museum.

Yeah

It's the game you play when you are bored and nothing else to do. Check on your village, do some chores, talk to a few NPC's then get off.

Only type of people that play them religiously are literal autists.

sounds like hard work is there at least something let you know your progress. I guess the Nook miles will probably do that

I want to ____ Tom Nook

bankrupt

if that's a kinky way to call it then sure. Bankrupt him till he is empty.

>Pros
It's a relaxing sandbox where you make your house and town pretty, collect stuff like bugs, fish, fossils.
You come back to it for a couple of hours a day.

>Cons
In the long run "You come back to it for a couple of hours a day" is what will you make qui the game.
It's kinda like a mmo in that regard, you slowly grind till you end up in a somewhat stable situation, and then the question "why am I doing this? I'm just hooked to the game because of the daily events which aren't anything special anyway" pops up in your head.

They're fun games anyway, specially if you're new to the franchise. But you could compare them to smartphone apps but better or something.
I personally think it's fine that passes so much time between a game and a new one, if they came out more often people would get tired of it even though everyone else says they can't wait for the next game to come out every time.

So my character does stuff while I'm not playing or only the NPCs

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

only npcs

I would recommend getting an emulator and giving the original gamecube one a try. In my opinion it's my favorite. It's comfy. Collect bugs, go fishing and take care of your town.

If that triggers your autism, just assume you do those things while not playing the game. Or, just eat fruit and sleep while playing, you can do that too.

I really hope I can be in underwear this game, bros

GC version has a really good UHD texture pack for dolphin if anyone is considering it

no, I like it. I don't want to be slowed down when I'm in the middle of a project to take care of my needs or if I'm playing at midnight my character is yawning or something. I don't need not so subtle hints, Nintendo

Item Durability

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)