Why do people hate Epic Games again? They just won a special award for their service to video games...

Why do people hate Epic Games again? They just won a special award for their service to video games. A bad company can't do that.

Attached: 2019-06-14_03-50-16.png (613x598, 369K)

BAFTA = BASED

Attached: 1530775158056.jpg (1140x760, 76K)

I don't. I like their business model of using fortnite money to give me free games.

>bafta
who?

Yikes

Attached: modern liberals.jpg (680x509, 71K)

Making one of the most widely used game engines is cause for an award
Making a store which restricts the sale of games and Chinese spyware is not

bafta deez nuts

People don‘t hate a new launcher. People hate chink business because they‘re scums with zero ethic when it comes to business.

I like epic because they made Unreal

Because Reddit

awwww, dang it

reminder that they pay developers in product key sales
this is how epic exclusives always manage to have such successful launches
it's basically advertising fraud

Attached: 1502754935807.png (554x471, 265K)

>epic
gb2reddit

I wonder how much they paid for that.

I don't care about Epic. And that's not an insult, I don't care about Steam, uPlay, Origin or any of the others either. To me they are stores. Their job is to provide developers with a place to release their games and provide the consumer a place to buy them.

As a consumer I care about the best shopping service, the best prices and the best and quickest download.

>As a consumer I care about the best shopping service, the best prices and the best and quickest download.
So then you should care about a store that seeks to remove your ability to choose the best of these in favor of only being able to use their service.

>bad X cant win an award

todd howard won a lifetime achievement award for skyrim.
dragon age inquisition got GOTY.

I blame the developers as much as the store, so for me I just don't buy store-exclusives. The store will feel silly for buying the exclusive license and the devs will sell less because of it.

Of course this all operates on the assumption that I as a consumer have aby power, which is total bullshit when 16 year old zoomers will overwrite my will on mass anyway. It has led to apathy on my part.

bafta da kitchinz an make me sammich

>Buys games so I don't have to
pretty based model

Attached: 1552742062546.png (634x837, 306K)

and your power is also nill since epic just pays the publishers for "missed out sales" due to their exclusivity.

t-that's not even a word

It's crazy. They actually pay Fortnite streamers. There's this whole in-game system where you put in the name of a streamer while using the shop and they get paid

And the Fortnite World Cup (July) is gonna be $30 million

>literally buy their way up
>based
Yeah na.

Attached: 4FBCE1CF-2B33-473E-891D-B9362FED1C62.png (960x720, 727K)

Like I needed any further proof that the BAFTAs were a fucking joke. These are the same people who gave Fallout 4 a BAFTA in writing, and slurped off Fallout 76.

They gave me Into the Gungeon for free so that was pretty cool

>Unreal Engine
>Unreal Tournament
>Gears of War
What's wrong with that?

Attached: 734543643.jpg (344x293, 10K)

>defending epic after the shemune III incident
Anyone who unironically defends these shitheads are either paid shills or flaseflaggers.