Do you prefer movement speed increases when you swap to sidearm/melee, or a consistent single movement speed?

Do you prefer movement speed increases when you swap to sidearm/melee, or a consistent single movement speed?

Attached: fy_iceworld0007.jpg (320x256, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m8x7bi8UQkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

easy solution
a sprint button

i prefer not to care about such trivial details

This. If a game doesnt have a sprint button its trash

A single movement speed but like really really really really really fast

Why the fuck would holding a knife make you run faster?

>old mobas would let you do crazy H-HES FAST! builds and zoom around the map
>almost every moba has been patched to remove hihg speed

At least Dota has some fast characters, too bad all mobas are trash in general and not usually worth playing

speed increase when using a melee weapon is best
unless it's a chainsaw

chainsaw boosting and chainsaw surfing

I'm so fucking lazy but tempted to get into cs again

what if we evolved to run while holding something

consistent movespeed with strafejumping

zoomer
shitter

Try running with a knife/Pistol in one hand vs running while holding a rifle

>t. has never held a weapon

Less drag from air resistance

Gaining speed with perfectly timed jumps is the optimal.

what if the game has both?

based

I like it when the challenge is adjusting my speed.
youtu.be/m8x7bi8UQkw

Game balance.

Honestly this. Certain games like Halo didn't need sprint, but most modern shooters it makes sense.Move quicker at the cost of not being able to do anything but move fast and get a recovery period after doing it... sounds like a good fair deal to me. Also it's not like pulling a knife out irl increases your speed, maybe heavy and unwieldy weapons can decrease your speed but those can be the exception to the rule. The "skill" of knowing when to switch off and back to your main weapon to move faster is replicated better with a sprint mechanic, it's literally the same concept but better.

I prefer movement systems that doesn't just revolve around pressing forward; give me strafe jumping, circle jumping, bunny hopping, crouch sliding etc.

Skill based movement like bhopping.

Game where you don't move but you control the whole ground to where you want to go

A sprint button with a stamina bar but it doesn’t make you holster your gun or reduce accuracy.

Attached: D1C0BEC3-F1B0-46DB-BE7A-9811219B0C4D.gif (201x244, 1.12M)

Are there any games where it's not just separated by long gun/sidearm/melee but by the size/weight of the weapon? Like, a LMG would slow you down significantly more than an SMG, same with say a baseball bat vs a knife

COD actually does this.

SAO gun game has speed relative to loadout weight and stat allocation