Alright Yea Forums we're here. Choose one game, snack, and a drink. Remember we're watching Mortal Kombat tonight

Alright Yea Forums we're here. Choose one game, snack, and a drink. Remember we're watching Mortal Kombat tonight.

Attached: pbox.php.jpg (1484x1113, 139K)

Can't we just go to the mom and pops rental store and get 3 games for the price on one blockbuster rental and get snacks and drinks from the store for less?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit...

>rent metal gear solid
>pic related when campbell starts talking about the back of the CD case
>brother deletes save file
Fuck Kojima

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 74K)

Ours gave free popcorn

Or go to that one obscure video rental place 45 minutes away because they have a full section dedicated to anime and import games

Wtf that's based

If it's 45 mins away the amount of gas you burned far outweighs what you would have bought from blockbuster.

>spending that extra time driving around to get the best deals
gas ain't cheap. we're here already so.......

Last one I ever went to I rented a hand full of games. Then waited them out till they closed for good and kept the games.

WE HAVE CANDY AT HOME

>extra time driving around
The Store and the mom and pops place were within 2 blocks of each other. closer to my house than the block buster out by the highway.
It's not only worse of in price by gas for my family to go to blockbuster. Only used it to rent a dreamcast once. Boy was that a waste of fucking money.

>being poor enough to go to blockbuster instead of buying games
>somehow being allowed to get not just a snack but a drink too
fuck off zoomer

>not going to the better, and still in business, option

Attached: 517184ba6d4bf.image.jpg (470x260, 25K)

>tfw too poor to even afford to rent movies

>Renting from blockbuster
>Poor.
Renting from block buster twice cost you enough money to buy a fucking game. Blockbuster was the rich and ignorant's rental store.

How the fuck are they still around

we went to blockbuster before movie gallery and hollywood video opened up

Jewish vultures weren't at the head of the company.

Attached: kek.jpg (606x331, 55K)

Popcorn, or sour patch.
Aloe drink.
latest smash brothers please.

Attached: 1556854496940.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

Spot the zoomers that weren't driving in the nineties

Attached: Screenshot_20190614-145304_Firefox.jpg (1440x1564, 583K)

I'm more than sure your town had a mom and pops place. Most towns and cities did. They tended to not have the best selection of games but they tended to have shit in stock and rented out at a price that didn't warrant just waiting another week to fucking buy the game instead.

Yeah. Now tie that to Cars pre-2000s. You know. The fucking gas guzzlers that burn through about 5 gallons for 10 miles.

This is just sad.

Mom was right. Blockbuster jacked up the price anyways. Buncha Crunch ain't worth that much.

This may be hard for people to believe, but there was a point at the start of the decade where Netlix was legit gonna die.

Now look at them.

Attached: 1493277546530.png (560x407, 37K)

In massive debt with more and more competition reappearing each year.

Drowning in terrible originals? Having no movies in the digital format worth watching?

>they still paid comcast millions of dollars in bribed money so customers don't get throttled

33yo Boomer here that worked at Blockbuster in highschool, ask me anything

Attached: 1531031166391.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

>War in Afghanistan
>'''ends'''
bruh moment

You knew you were ripping people off didn't you?

Probably talking about ground troops.

Yes, but 9 times out of 10 when someone argued with you about late fees we would just remove them, it wasn't worth the argument or holding up your line. Fridays/Saturdays were so fucking busy, there was no time to deal with upset customers. I worked with some assholes, though, who enjoyed dealing with customers who had late fees for whatever reason. We would tell people games/movies were due back at noon, but really they were due back at 3pm. When you scanned them back in they would automatically get a late fee on their account after 3pm. When people dropped off movies at like 2:59 I would grab and scan them as fast as fucking possible, but I had coworkers who would be like, "Oh well, looks like they're late!" I actively wanted to avoid dealing with late fees at all cost, it was such a pain in the ass.

No More Heroes
Hubba Bubba Squeeze Pop
Blue Pepsi

Attached: 98787.png (523x310, 298K)

I was talking less about late fees and more the general price for your rentals.
They were at least cost about 40% more than any other place around town.
But yeah There is not mystery behind why Blockbuster..... well busted.

>Bomberman Hero
>Cotton candy
>pic related

Attached: rubyred.jpg (225x225, 17K)

>Rent Marvel Vs Capcom
>Milk Duds
>Strawberry Nesquik

Croc for PS1, Snocaps and a Coke, let's do this.

Oh yeah, cost was outrageous. New movies were close to $4 and this was like 2000 - 2002. They also tried to pressure you into signing up for this shitty membership plan, which I rarely attempted because I was a shitty salesman and too awkward for that. You had to rent a ridiculous amount of movies/games per month to make the membership worth it, and even then the benefits were lackluster. I got free movies and games though so it was heaven for a 15 year old kid, and working there is what really got me into movies and seeing all the classics.

What were the games/movies that people rented the most?

>Better
Every store is like a dungeon or an 80's badly lit basement.
If you've ever seen James Rolf's movie basement, thats family video.

I think you're half right. we still have troops on the ground but iirc its when we stopped holding the afghan army hands.

The imaginary cars? I used to own a IROC and it got like 20mpg on average.

Physical dvd rentals via mail was losing money, the digital was a brand new thing at the time.

You guys wanna get quake 2 for the n64? It ain't as good as the pc version, but it's pretty fun, anyone got spare controllers?

Fellow former Blockbuster employee. I once had a lady try to steal a launch PS3 from the display. Cops beat her with batons.

I think the last time, or maybe only time, I went here was with my friend when we were 12-13 and we rented the super mario bros movie cause he wanted to show me how goofy it is. It was my first and only time getting to drink mello yello and before I knew it, they were gone.

WHO HERE QC???

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-14 025037.png (1858x1072, 2.15M)

>War of the Monsters
>Kit Kat
>Sprite

But seriously, kids are only offered ridiculously good shit like this if their parents are getting divorced or someone died. If my parents offered this when I was a kid, I would be incredibly suspicious/worried to the point where I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the process.