This chink just got a full flush off of me drawing what I just discarded 5 times in a row

This chink just got a full flush off of me drawing what I just discarded 5 times in a row.

Is this the power of Mahjong Thread? Also, where can I buy magical sands?

Attached: Magical Sands.jpg (1711x926, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e5jkikh7smw
smile.amazon.com/Yellow-Mountain-Imports-Professional-Standard/dp/B006R0DJOG/
amazon.com/Yellow-Mountain-Imports-Japanese-Mah-Jongg/dp/B003UU129U
amazon.co.jp/dp/B015SDE3FG
ebay.com/itm/Portable-Vintage-Mahjong-Rare-Chinese-144-Tiles-Mah-Jong-Set-Leather-Case-Box/392312053488
mahjong.guide/2017/07/09/application-of-block-theory-part-2/
forms.gle/XgY1oe4aPb4de2VF8
youtube.com/watch?v=vy_xbXIJ898
youtube.com/watch?v=8BYrvVeejzg
docs.google.com/document/d/1ut6u_KpGQSNTohzgko5GwhiZMY67JJFeghUw5aLGOmQ/edit?usp=sharing
hand.holdings/yakumanvirgins/
tickcounter.com/countdown/1261540/yakuman-virgin-tourney-what-the-fuck-is-a-furiten-edition
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=93350
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=42904
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=39794
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=32474
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=20084
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=29954
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=82448
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=22648
youtube.com/watch?v=tb7Q2W3O4S8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Before this game gets pruned by jannies, can someone repost that handy scoring cheat sheet again? The one where the counted points form like an upside down triangle until they reach mangan and up.

Luckshitter reel of the week, seems pretty low effort compared to usual(usual is closer to 15 mins), did they run out of footage? Also this is 2hu music right?
youtube.com/watch?v=e5jkikh7smw

Same chink got a double Riichi right afterwards, so that's a clip for ya.

Attached: firefox_iSADvSAp9p.png (1662x914, 1.65M)

Why do they even upload it once a week when all of their footage seems to be months old

Are dragon, winds, and all green the only yakuman you can have open?

See for yourself

Attached: 1560333484979.png (3300x2550, 3.88M)

I know this is what you were looking for, but I don't know if it was the particular one you were looking for.

Attached: Fu Chart Fixed.png (1479x797, 261K)

Also, any hand that is over 32,000 points is considered a Yakuman. You can see some in 's video

Here's an updated one
Some people like the two-chart style and some like the left and right pyramid style, I originally made but decided I like this layout better and remade it

Attached: 1538071255045.png (2164x1404, 129K)

Sorry OP, no discussing games on Yea Forums. Especially no playing games together. We need room for more smash threads, tifas tit size, and other pressing matters such as thinly veiled /pol/ and image dump threads.

Its been good

I think the problem with this thread (and the last few threads to be honest) is the lack of activity

Have you ever ragequit?
I'm thinking about make a joke account named "disconnect" or something and just close the window every time I join a game.

Attached: 1388214325977.jpg (168x198, 11K)

On those "renhou" matches, would you skip the shitty instawin and go for a possible tenhou/chiihou and guaranteed double riichi?

I haven't ragequit because anything can happen in South 4, but I've had the game completely send me into a fury and ruin my entire day and I've ended up taking it out on other people in really embarrassing pathetic ways

I decided to stop playing for rank and just play casual matches on tenhou for fun because it's just not worth the frustration and it makes me hate the game I otherwise enjoy so much

By sheer coincidence, the activity took a nosedive after the jannies started deleting the threads.

user pls. at this point you just fold unless you really really really want to deal into someone.

Wouldn't it be better to drop 2m or 3s here? Or even just drop the S for a possible mentanpin

t. bad at tile efficiency

It would be best to drop the 2m so you can stay close to tenpai and possible Riichi. I wouldn't trust breaking the sequence since there's 28 left tiles in the game.

>drop 2m or 3s
Kinda. dropping 5m and 4s gives him the chance for pinfu sanshoku. The problem are the other players discard
Pink girl: Not a single sou tile, so every sou tile is dangerous
Catgirls: a single man tile in both discards, but three man calls so every man tile is dangerous.
OP should have just bailed and discarded all the pins and southwinds, hoping for someone else to deal in. His hand is way to bad to compete against the other players.

t. Novice

Chinamen on suicide watch.
I probably shouldn't have pushed though.

Attached: 2019-06-14 11_32_31-Greenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

>dropping 5m and 4s
I'm retarded, 4s should be 3s

OMG I lurve mah jong!

Attached: apps.18021.9007199266246756.b33fb915-a815-4614-94bd-af05fea2ce16.jpg (672x378, 74K)

I have seen people rage in friendlies

What should I look for when buying mahjong tiles?

OP Here
You gotta understand that I had discarded 4 Sou twice in a row already. Nobody in their right mind would have kept a third 4 Sou, especially since the pink chink sand snorter had a pon of 5 Sou and 2 Sou, basically killing any chances of a sequence.
But yeah, I was planning on giving up that hand and trying to avoid dealing in. Just didn't expect a full fucking flush out of nowhere.

Attached: ichihime-4.png (240x240, 87K)

I didn't even think of sanshoku, but considering that two players are quite obviously going for manzu, do you really want to drop the 5m?

2m seems very safe considering 3 calls on lower tiles already.

I see people disconnecting all the time in my bronze games.

Attached: 1560368738215.png (821x375, 249K)

>today's quest : get 1st or 2nd in Silver
>3rd-4th-3rd-4th
1700 coppers aren't worth the time and bitterness really. Why are these chinks so stingy with fuckin coppers.

Also, 2 and 5 man were going to go eventually. 5m was feeling relatively safe at that time.

As for South Wind: I was heavily suspecting the fellow Nyagger in front of me to have 2 SW tiles already and being in a cheeky tenpai with 'em, mostly because he called all the Man he could, blatantly announcing a half flush.

>5m was feeling relatively safe at that time.
I meant 2m. I swear I'm not retarded.

Attached: ichihime-2.png (240x240, 93K)

Sanshoku would have been the only way to give his hand some kind of value. But as I said, just folding would have been the best.

Attached: 1560412284880.jpg (640x640, 234K)

Attached: 1559661076180.png (240x240, 103K)

Yes, unless the wait is garbage.
Of course, if renhou is allowed (in EMA, for example), I'm taking that mangan.

Flavor

>just used all my magical sand against chinks
Last place at the tournament incoming

nah,i got the timezones confused so im going to be so sleep deprived that i might pass out during the match and get ronned into oblivion

Just go to sleep right now. Isn't the tournament in like 10 hours or so?

no, seriously
or are they all the same and I just go with the cheapest on amazon

14 hours I think

Size is the big one.
If you want a Japanese set (so the font and markings will look like the games you're playing) you can either buy the YMI set off Amazon or get an Amos Gabin or Max off Amazon JP. Both should be around the same price after shipping depending on where you're located.

Most Chinese tiles are huge and probably aren't what you're looking for if you're used to the size you see in Japanese games and anime.

I'm the resident tile autist and I'm generally lurking in these threads so feel free to ask more questions if you need, I also have pictures of many of the common sets collected from myself and various posters

Attached: 1555764701592.jpg (1024x576, 243K)

>start is at local midnight
I will never make it

Countries have their own standards with amount of tiles and sizes, so you'd have to keep that in mind. Illustrations can differ too.

smile.amazon.com/Yellow-Mountain-Imports-Professional-Standard/dp/B006R0DJOG/
so this, even though it says chinese?

I have to say the obscenity filter is quite amusing
Can't even write 'yakuman' in English because the 'kum' gets censored

Nah, that brand sells a Riichi set.
amazon.com/Yellow-Mountain-Imports-Japanese-Mah-Jongg/dp/B003UU129U

I would seriously recommend checking the price after shipping for an authentic Japanese though, I got this one and it only cost me like $10 more than the YMI set after shipping.
amazon.co.jp/dp/B015SDE3FG

Attached: 1554071279443.jpg (3264x1836, 1.23M)

Tourney host here, remember that deadline for registration ends today at noon GMT time. After I come back home I'll prepare the brackets and post them. Tourney starts officially at 10 PM GMT, but if certain groups will prepare earlier, I'll allow them to match beforehand. I am going to stream and commentate as much as physicaly possible. For the form and info search last few threads in Yea Forums archive, I cannot repost it from phone. And since someone asked - currently 33 people registered.

If the host can make it, the you can too user! Catch an afternoon nap and crank your system with energy drinks afterwards, to get that caffeine rushed yakuman.

Check the tournament notice - every 'how' is censored. Saturday is also slashed because you cannot say it without saying 'turd'.

Oh. I wanted green tiles instead of yellow
Also can't autotranslate jap amazon for some reason

Oh, and in case thread will drop out, consistent info sourse is always irc channel on Rizon - #yakuman/v/irgins

>I wanted green tiles instead of yellow
Yeah unfortunately all the even remotely affordable Japanese sets are yellow backed. I don't think I've seen green ones at all, just blue and those are all expensive as hell.

I recently saw a green-backed Japanese set on ebay though, it's used but condition looks good.
It says "Chinese" but that's just the seller not knowing any better, this is absolutely Japanese and it even has the red fives.
ebay.com/itm/Portable-Vintage-Mahjong-Rare-Chinese-144-Tiles-Mah-Jong-Set-Leather-Case-Box/392312053488

Attached: 1549559635549.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

>Have you ever ragequit?
there's no downside to ragequitting in fourth in silver when you're at 0 ranking points
other than that no
other than a friendly where I had 200 points in all last

>no indicators
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't tend to rage quit but have made people quite a few times.

this is your opening hand, say something nice about her

Attached: BlR7U6r[1].png (1136x728, 870K)

>missclick
>ron
Every fucking time.

What? Do you mean numbers?
Come on user, you're a big boy and you don't need them
You learned how to play mahjong, you can memorize 14 chinese characters especially when five of them are obvious freebies

Attached: 1547633956539.jpg (1468x864, 745K)

If you don't go for suuankou here you're a fag.

>reach 192/200 in bronze
>"let's get a cozy second place and unlock muh waifus"
>games are super long and super hard
>get chinked early every time
>fight tooth and nail to not be 4th
>still end up 112/200
Can I import magic sand already?

Attached: fujitakana-7.png (240x240, 85K)

2m would be better first discard, gotta seed them seeds of doubt

go for toi toi

>get offered a pon & chii for tenpai
>don't take them
>get ron'd of a tile discarded 2 turns ago
nice

Riichi or bust.

>GREEN written in red >FAS 8 sou

Kan are a dora-stealing scam

>long and hard >bronze

I'm actually gonna go to some local Mahjong club this weekend and play with a real set for the first time.
What am I in for?

Attached: 1560328366976.png (960x620, 960K)

>FAS 8 sou
what

>having to repeat East 2 four different times
>get 5 kan draws
>double riichi
>kan turns into dora 4 out of nowhere
Hard enough

Attached: ichihime-5.png (240x240, 93K)

Everyone's going to laugh and point at you when you fuck up.
If you're unlucky they'll even record it.

Did you practice your hand opening maneuver for when you win?

Yea, fuck you too game.

Attached: chrome_VvxID9lVq7.png (1608x901, 1.49M)

I-I will tell them that I'm a novice, I'm sure they'll be n-nice.
No tiles, no practice. Will try in reverse when I notenpai because I can't play correctly without the online QOL of knowing how many tiles are left.
>mfw

Attached: aiharamai-2.png (240x240, 61K)

anyone else scan their hand left to right & discard the first useless tile on turn 1?

Are there going to be a single game today or multiple ones? If single, I will probably be able to participate.

>left to right
For what reason, all the useless tiles are at the far right.

sorry I don't READ LIKE A FUCKING CHINK
I read left to right like a true western chad

>someone riichi's turn 2
>disconnects for a minute
>comes back
>instantly rons for haneman
WHAT THE FUCK

>reading at all
lmao nerd

Years of manga have left me unable to naturally read left-right

I need to stop playing south
I place third every single fucking game

Do you get more rank points for being 1st in south than 1st in east?

Attached: 1559151691077.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

>420 games
>Only 1 yakuman

I have been bamboozled a few times though (a fucker with no other yaku keeping 2 haku tiles and stopping me from 3 big dragons while I had them in closed hand)

>like 50 south and 40 east
>2 yakumans
Lucklet

I have only managed one, as I said.
I have had chances for about 8, though half of them were because some fucktards did like 2-3 kans and gave me extra dora and would jump into counted yakuman. But they were powerless against no yaku riichi and open tanyao

Questions about Wind Tiles
I was watching some Masters and Saints and a lot of them seem to keep seemingly irrelevant wind tiles in their hands for a long time.
For ex: Sitting in North, keeps a West tile for a dozen turn or so.
Is drawing a pair of those really worth that much?

Attached: 1559137735407.png (1022x984, 692K)

Safe tiles for discarding.

Advanced players like having at least one completely safe discard in their pocket.

Safe tiles to discard(drop more dangerous ones while building your hand early on), possible build-up for half-flush or all triplets depending on the rest of the hand

Tournament is in 12 hours right?

Attached: Legendary Gambler Tetsuya (2).png (640x480, 320K)

Huh, alright. I'll keep an eye out for how they manage with it.

I would say it's only half of truth. In some cases you want to hold them as long as possible to makes your opponents harder time in opening their hands or even force atozuke (usually shanpon wait with possibility of furiten). Sure, you usually end up dropping them but they have potential to become genbutsu later in the game or just slow your opponents so much you will end up in tenpai faster than them.

>atozuke
Can you explain it? I tried reading the wiki but I couldn't get what it was trying to say.

Nevermind I got it upon re-reading, though I don't know what it has to do with extra wind tiles.

Try jade rooms where every time you go past 8th turn there is 50% possibility that someone is in damaten mangan. Not to mention jigoku tanki and people who acually know how to defend, so most of your ebin riichis are going to shoot blanks, and your only hope is tsumo.

don't try to force it by keeping useless tiles for the sake of it, their hands should already have 5 (not completed) melds

Learn how to count points (han, fu and hand worth), remeber there are no tips so review most common waiting patterns, REMEMBER to draw as soon as possible - I personally hate slogs who wait 10 seconds before finally starting their turn. Don't try any tile tricks if you are not 100% sure you can pull them of, to not risk becoming laughingstock.

>wasting your bandwidth on useless draws

Should've go dama

Did I dama correctly?

Attached: ZAr16ul[1].png (1270x762, 705K)

In offline game, when I am on dealer, I always discard my first tile without organising my hand to apply pressure and quicken the pace.

Depends on the group but most groups should be pretty patient and understanding of newcomers since we all start somewhere. It might help to learn in advance the flow of a real game in terms of building walls (remember, 17 tiles long), rolling the dice and breaking the wall, handing over point sticks, and so on. For everyone's sake, please don't try to do the thing where you lift the entire top half of the wall onto the bottom at once, it won't end well if you're not used to it. It's much better to just take your time to do it carefully.

Learning scoring is nice but don't feel too pressured with that, someone at the table should be able to help. The stuff I mentioned above actually impacts how smoothly the game goes and is much more important.

thanks captain hindsight

whats the regular mahjong table size?

>killed my yakuman before it even became a possibility
fuck my life bros

Attached: sVD8CKz[1].png (1442x480, 661K)

Technically you have 1 tile bufor while in iishanten, so instead of keeping a potentially dangerous tile that wont progress your hand and additionally point out your ura suji, it's better to hold onto one yaochu tile to call riichi or quasifold without breaking shanten. Discarding dangerous tiles before they become dangerous is legit defense tactic. Also, since there is counterplay for everything, upper dan players sometimes double suuji trap their waits, or even go for jigoku tanki on wind or dragon tile.

y-you weren't going to draw the 3 anyway haha

what if you get blessing of heaven?

user look at my early discards

Oh jesus lmao

Nice iitsu asshat. Well, at least you got renchan.

Ahh, the amounts of time newbie tried to pull that off and launched shower of tiles in my direction because physics is hard and they don't know how to spread pressure evenly. Also, one final piece of advice: keep your hand as connected 13 pieces long line. DON'T make spaces between suits "for convinience" - people are actually looking where and from you take your tiles, so it will leak information, while also looking noobish af.

>point out your ura suji
"Pointing out your ura suji" doesn't make any sense and ura suji has been statistically shown to be meaningless anyway.
>Discarding dangerous tiles before they become dangerous is legit defense tactic
Unless you're like 5d+ you're pretty much guaranteed to be doing yourself more harm than good because you're likely to be totally nerfing your efficiency by doing so.

>when you read your opponents perfectly
heh nothing personnel closed hands

Attached: chi.webm (1280x716, 2.6M)

1x1m is spacious and comfy, without forcing the players to strain their arms to draw from toimen walls. If your group consist of women or kids, consider 90x90 cm

also this has to be the longest east game I've ever played

>2 east 1
>3 east 2
>4 east 3
>3 east 4, only ended because I shadow realmed a nigger

pretty funny how after the first east 4 I wanted the game to end because I was in second but only by a tiny bit & first was 20k away, but after the third east 4 I hoped the game wouldn't have ended because I was 30k away from third place & 2k away from first

a man can dream, but when there's one tile left in the game you take that fucking win

although it might have been safer to go noten to end the game by force, but when cat sees shiny button, cat press shiny button

Attached: dHyHNbr[1].png (1360x623, 892K)

I play for years and havent even seen it once. Got 4 double riichis in comparaison.

>ura suji has been statistically shown to be meaningless anyway
Depending on the context it could give you an edge, making you interpret a certain push as more dangerous and convince you to fold. Not a rule, but an exception

>Unless you're like 5d+ you're pretty much guaranteed to be doing yourself more harm than good because you're likely to be totally nerfing your efficiency by doing so
When 5 good blocks are guaranteed, you wont nerf your efficiency so throw the dangerous ones first.
It gets really important especially in case of flush hands.

Correct. 2 hours of registration left, and brackets are going to be posted around 2 PM GMT.

Is it Kanya or Kannya? this is important

Kannya.

t. expert

full retard, i like it

>making you interpret a certain push as more dangerous and convince you to fold
I don't think you can necessarily call that an "edge" when it's essentially your own headcanon based on irrational foundations leading to an outcome that would only be correct by coincidence.
>When 5 good blocks are guaranteed, you wont nerf your efficiency so throw the dangerous ones first.
mahjong.guide/2017/07/09/application-of-block-theory-part-2/
That depends, if they're both dangerous and useless then yes you toss them in favour of keeping safe tiles. If they're dangerous but useful (followup tiles) then you should generally still keep them. Also
>This isn’t quite sakigiri, but when people talk about sakigiri being useful, they’re probably talking about this.

>mahjong goddess grants me a good starting hand
>lol just kidding
>sends me to iishanten hell for 10 turns

Attached: wesrd.png (1674x945, 1.57M)

it's kan~nya

why are you holding the 7 dot & 4 character

Look at his discards

>7 dot & 4 character
What are these words you speak of?

not putting spaces for each tile/2 tiles so it looks like you're doing orphans/7pairs every game

>shanpon with one title left (and it's fucking middle one) and dora
It just couldn't work.

7p 4m
stop acting like random letters is more descriptive than the actual suit

>it's an opening hand
ok wtf

>For everyone's sake, please don't try to do the thing where you lift the entire top half of the wall onto the bottom at once, it won't end well if you're not used to it. It's much better to just take your time to do it carefully.
how is this usually done then?
do they do it like 4 4 4 4 1 or 5 5 5 2 or 3 3 3 3 3 2?

>kan white dragon when someone drops it
>kan green dragon next turn
>watch people lose their shit while spamming thumbs up

Attached: Saki.png (1280x720, 805K)

How the fuck are these threads allowed? NOT. VIDEOGAMES.

Attached: fuck-outta-here-trap-card-activate-when-a-nigga-say-30915556.png (500x567, 137K)

MOI IKKAI

Attached: Saki Zenkoku-hen - The Nationals - 11 (2).jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

lmao go back to your Tifa tits size threads nigger.

Attached: kujouriu-8.png (240x240, 91K)

You can build the first row however you want, the problem comes if you try to lift the entire top row onto the bottom row all at once. It's much safer to just put the top half on in parts of however many tiles you're comfortable lifting. Or, what some people do is they build the top half directly on top of the bottom.

Got the luckiest win in my life. I was folding because the dealer had kan'd east wind while it was also a dora and just dealt any tile that was safe.
I was technically in wait for a 4 manzou but I had no Yaku. And on the very last turn, somebody actually dealt it and I qualified for Under the River.

>Played mahjongsoul long enough to realize every game there‘s a predesignated winner that will win 4 out of 5 rounds with the rest gets shitty 148148148 shits starting hand with high probability of drawing the tile they‘ve discarded before

>I don't think you can necessarily call that an "edge" when it's essentially your own headcanon based on irrational foundations leading to an outcome that would only be correct by coincidence.
Brainlet

Attached: ECA17ECF-0A76-4E21-AC67-2925AEA0D606.png (853x438, 36K)

>Notices 7p and 4m as 'useless'
>Doesn't care about 1p that is literally a deadweight, considering that every single tile except another 1p would make a great form with just 24p remaining, no 1p needed
Tales from the silver room

I like my four way sequences user, gives you a double sided pair wait

Second Yea Forumsidya Tourney - INTERMEDIATE PLAYER HOLE EDITION

LAST CALL! REGISTRATION CLOSES IN 30 MINUTES! forms.gle/XgY1oe4aPb4de2VF8 and input your ID and nickname!
FOR MORE INFO GO INTO THE GAME CLIENT -> TOURNAMENT -> ID 151366 (tourney is unlisted, we don't want rando discordfags and chinamen among us).

If you have questions, direct them here or go to our IRC channel #yakuman/v/irgins at irc.rizon.net - THIS WILL BE MAJOR INFORMATION OUTLET DURING TOURNAMENT!

LINK TO THE STREAM SHALL BE POSTED IN FEW HOURS TOGETHER WITH BRACKETS.

Attached: BIG_DICK_LOBBY_x2.png (717x585, 285K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vy_xbXIJ898

Now I understand why some people here talk about pinfu as some 'chance' 'rare' hand.

It's pinzu and manzu you nitwit, we are playing Riichi not JEW-JONGG(TM)

Attached: p1000476.jpg (3648x2736, 772K)

What flavor are these?

if you keep both 1&4 it allows you to get a pair/triplet of either one, alternatively, it allows you to get 123 in addition to either 234 345 or 456, all depending on your draws
obviously if you start getting closer & closer to tenpai you'd give up on them over waits for actual sets, but I don't see how you'd gain more from tossing 1p over 4m or 7p

if you toss 1 & draw 3, 1 3 4 5 & 6 all become fairly useless draws, while they'd all be useful before, as they'd either give a pair or 1 from another sequence
"but that requires you to draw a 3"
well if you're not going to draw a 3 they're all pretty fucking useless tiles

I seriously hope this is bait.
The way you are applying ukeire calculations for one specific tile and going on about 'how many' tiles 1p allows the hand to accept, while completely ignoring the same principle that would've shown you that both 7p and 4m allow the hand to both accept a ton more tiles while also producing better waits going further towards tenpai, is just something that is very bad trolling, or the 'intermediate hell' where players start to read up on basic stuff but end up applying it in very twisted ways.

Communist flavor, my user.
Story goes like that - in the end of communist era, one of polish party members went for a policial trip to pre-reform China, and got hooked with playing chinese dominoes with chink grannies. After coming back, he hijacked one of domino making machines and set it to produce the shittiest quality tiles ever. The box says "Game of Chinese Philosophers" and "GOTY 1988!". Nowadays this set is a rarity among Polish collectioners, and it goes without saying that I'd give a lot to play a hanchan with these.

>Communist flavor
So it tastes like no food can ever taste, literally?

Hey this hanchan is going alright so far, I got an early lead with—
>THIRTEEN ORPHANS
>YAKUMAN

Attached: 1537007326644.jpg (342x298, 34K)

Also, another piece of trivia from Polish Mahjong history - apparently in the between world wars period, mahjong was pretty popular among polish elites and artists. Popular enough that it got front page advertisement on that-time leading newspaper, that says "TRENDY CHINESE GAME!1!".

Kornel Makuszyński, polish poet and comic maker from that era was apparently pro player, and even wrote few poems about playing hanchan with friends.

Attached: resize.jpg (1844x2458, 1.26M)

the way I see it, if you don't draw the 3p that entire block is fucking dead, so I go based of what the hand looks like if you were to get the 3p, in which case 7p->4m are the better discards unless you draw something to go along with the 4m/7p or discards show the 1234 structure is not likely to get anything going for it

Neat.

At least post some info on when it's supposed to be starting you faggot

>asks for in game rank in registration
I'm onto you, you're just going to rig it by placing your favorite players up against low ranks huh

In other sports they call it "seeding"

You should whale enough to outrig him

You know that you can literally write anything in there, right? One of the player wrote -1.5 for example. Also as I stated before, each sitting will be totally random, I can prove it easily.

10 PM GMT today you dumbfuck, and you would know if you only spent 2 minutes and checked the tourney tab in game.

I'm making a new account just to fuck you cucks over

in sports where you qualify for a tournament, sure. not ones where you register.

What time's the tournament starting?

Check
Also, registration is closed. Give me a hour or so to prepare brackets. 34 players have registered.

Attached: 1551327650739.gif (504x284, 1.15M)

sauce on that mahjong japanese comic?

Tetsunaki no Kirinji

How are you guys preparing yourselves for the tournament later?

youtube.com/watch?v=8BYrvVeejzg

Attached: 1453671279146.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Studying

>tenpai for a sanshoko on a 5-8 wait
>turn on auto call win out of habit
>ron the wrong tile

If you called riichi you should take the win either way

Meido moment

you'd rather be in furiten?

Reminder that there's nothing wrong with calling an open kan

Attached: Kan.png (2000x1401, 2.41M)

can someone explain magic sand meme to me?
and maybe SOA too

Noice

Attached: mikamichiori-7.png (240x240, 86K)

first one is Akagi manga meme, read it
second one is Saki meme, not sure if read it or watch it, but do it

>Playing on mobile
>Have a huge hand
>Ron is out
>fat fingered skip
>Last tile is in dead wall
I feel so discouraged to play now.
And feel like quitting altogether for having this bad taste in my mouth.
Please help and consult me through this.

Don't worry someone was going to ron you with a tanyao anyway

Absolute mahjong virgin here, what do the shining tiles mean? Also I thought that Fruiten only means that I can't claim the winning tile from another player if I discarded it before. I once drew the winning tile for all simples, but couldn't declare the win, even though I didn't even discard it before. I was there with a full all simples and had to discard a tile :

SOA is Sono Occult Arimasen (no such thing as the occult), a common phrase of Nodoka from Saki who plays "logical" digital style mahjong and dismisses assertion of mahjong powers as pure coincidence.

Suck it up, fag

Shiny tiles are dora and give you more points. If you couldn't win of a tile it probably means you have no yaku. You chii or pon'd something that match, right?

A tsumo on a closed hand is a yaku by itself.

it didn't 4 person tenpai in the end and i wasted the chance to ron my hand, and in the very end, after missing the ron, i can even get yakuman via my dora bombs.

Didn't read the whole post, are you sure you actually had all simples? You can't have terminal tiles 1 or 9 in it.

>shiny tiles
Dora

>furiten
If any of the wait tiles are in your discard pool, even if there are multiple wait tiles, you're in furiten. For instance, if you have a 78 waiting on a 6-9, you're in furiten if the 9 is in your pool even if the player discarded a 6, and even if the 9 was no yaku because you were going for tanyao.

I've thought about ragequitting in south 4 with 400 points but I prefer to play it. At least I will be cucking someone if I win that last hand.

>You chii or pon'd something that match, right?
Yes I did. So my hand was open(?).
In the end I had 3 triplets and 1 little street and a pair, all no terminals and had to discard one and couldn't declare anything.

Yes, I really paid attention to that.

So you mean I am not allowed to have both sides of the little street discarded? I wasn't aware of this.

Can you post the replay and which round it happened?

Me again. Which is weird because I waited for a pair.
The triples and little street were already open on the side.
I had one triple closed in hand and waited to the pair tile. :<
I wish I had a screenshot.

I'm going to have to ask this just to be sure, but you didn't have any winds or a pair of dragons, right?

Otherwise you should have been able to claim a win. What are you playing on?

That could be possible I think I was waiting for a wind pair. Uff don't tell me they are not part of simples.
I am trying to find the match. I'm so dumb.

Magic sands are real

Yeah that would be it.
Another possibility could be that the ruleset doesn't allow open all simples.

Check the yaku (winning hand)
Check out first riichi, tanyao, yakuhai, pinfu, toitoi, chitoitsu

Attached: YakuSheet.jpg (3000x2400, 1.39M)

>west 1 in hanchan, everyone between 20k-30k
>get a riichi pinfu tsumo to end the game with 30300 points
so this is the power of pinfu...

fuck i forgot to register

Just steal a spot. That seemed to be the norm last time.

Pinfu is really good when you can add in at least one dora

how many games are we playing the first day? i also need sleep.

>tournament today
fucking nice can't wait

Attached: 1559960723061.jpg (1149x625, 135K)

OKAY FAGGITS, THE BRACKETS ARE READY

docs.google.com/document/d/1ut6u_KpGQSNTohzgko5GwhiZMY67JJFeghUw5aLGOmQ/edit?usp=sharing

TELL ME ASAP IF I FUCKED SOMETHING UP OR SOMETHING IS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH

ATTACHED THE RESULT OF RANDOMIZATION, EACH SEAT WAS THEN TAKEN IN ORDER, LAST TWO PLAYERS ARE SEEDED FURTHER ON.

PREPARE FOR THE BLOODBATH

Attached: TMZDX.png (992x795, 33K)

Anyone else check the thread to see if your name is in the screenshots?

Based Random.org

why not something like challonge for brackets?

it's on

Attached: m league.png (1423x771, 1.71M)

Because it's complete nightmare for anything that is not 1v1 bracket format.

We are going to play three hanchan rounds, assuming that (you) won't fall out in 1st losers round.

>meido
>furudoerika
>actual PROFESSIONAL video gamers competing in friendly Yea Forums tourney
what the fuck bros

>double elimination
>2-3 matches depending if you win or not
im puking already, at least i probably got the easiest room

My guys are rigged, ESPORTS, and last but not least, schlop.
Good luck and make me lots of money.

Attached: 1558974685783.png (240x240, 110K)

>implying you can't beat them with luck
Believe in the flow

I was too scared to sign up so I'm safe, I just feel bad for the rest of you cunts

If you can't handle the pressure then pray that I won't pick your room for streaming, because I'm going to shittalk all over bad plays and shitty yakus.

Actually the level of first tourney was rather high, so I assume that this edition will pick up the notch even more.

>>actual PROFESSIONAL video gamers competing in friendly Yea Forums tourney
Indeed they have no shame.

Attached: aiharamai-2.png (240x240, 61K)

Tomorrows rounds are gonna be played the same time?

Both of us eat shit in Yea Forums friendlies on a daily basis, what are you talking about.

>Actually the level of first tourney was rather high
... it was?

>sandbagging just to get a chance to win the tourney
You can't fool me.

>tfw host isn't good enough to understand my god-level mahjong
I am expecting a "no one knows what Akagi's doing" moment

can you customize your hand in this game? like tattoos or gold ring things like this

Finally got to adept, bros

Yeah, tomorrow matches will start at 10 PM GMT.

Also, for everyone to see, here is the link to the streaming platform. hand.holdings/yakumanvirgins/
I will turn the pre-stream on around 9 GMT.

Attached: 1557363709576.jpg (640x720, 278K)

>Both of us eat shit in Yea Forums friendlies on a daily basis, what are you talking about.
liar and sandbagger

Attached: 2.13.png (672x574, 215K)

There's cat paws.

"it's okay billy, play this tournament with me, don't you remember all those matches you won against me"
yeah that doesn't sound like a hustler at all
I'd rather not get shadow realmed thanks

>tattoos
degenerate

the fuck i want a cat paws just want to larp as chink mafia like those hongkong movies

>only 24% win rate
heh

tickcounter.com/countdown/1261540/yakuman-virgin-tourney-what-the-fuck-is-a-furiten-edition
timer set

Attached: aiharamai-10smugzoomed.png (240x240, 84K)

>Seeded players: Furudo Erika, Adriano
But where are they playing in the following stages? I don't see them mentioned in the following groups starting with Group I, it's only winners/losers from previous groups.

>tattoos
good joke, that's NEVER coming

>Both of us eat shit in Yea Forums friendlies on a daily basis, what are you talking about.

Attached: White.Men.Cant.Jump.1992.jpg (1920x1040, 270K)

>There are 34 players at this point in time. At this point in time, two random players are going to be seeded into second match in winners bracket. However, if someone will not come, then seeded player will take priority in filling the gaps. Hopefully we’ll wrap this up with 5 rounds. If all 34 players will take stand, then two lowest second places from first round are going to fall to losers bracket 2 instead, and two lowest places from losers 1 are going to get rekt. If anyone has a better idea how to solve that, please tell me ASAP.

>pre-stream
so professional

Attached: xenia-0.png (240x240, 94K)

Read the description clearly, I already explained how we are going to resolve this situation.

Also, one of the players registered one hour after deadline - クリーツ (Keritsu) - sadly I had to cross you out for now, but I put you on the reserve list.

Now, I'm going to fiddle a bit with tourney panel and set things up.

Don't worry bros, prophet is going to shadow realm them with money

Thanks, I'm retarded and didn't read that part.
Another question: considering that the tournament is unlisted, can I still give the ID to friends so they can watch the games through the client?

>play mahjong
>dont have tattoo on your hand
are you guys even trying to win?

>Ke
Ackshully, that's ku

>it's okay user, disregard the fact that i am MASTER lvl player AND Soul Creator with 0% negative in friendly games and insane 2.13 average rank
>it's gonna be daijobu

Attached: just an average mahjong gal.png (400x400, 323K)

Sure, just tell them to click follow, so they won't have to re-enter the ID again. Anyone who has the ID or/and link to the streaming platform is able to watch that shitshow. Assuming to my data, that streaming server should uphold traffic up to ~150 unique observers.

Based bully

>implying prophet wont feed like the fucking cat food supplier fag that he is

Attached: aiharamai-0knife.png (240x240, 76K)

Just job in the first round like you were going to do anyway and you'll never have to worry about running into him in bracket.

are you sure? ケ(ke) vs ク(ku)

Don't forget he's the 3rd best player in the NA ladder and a well known bully.
I'm already feeling bad for the guys that have to play against him, preemptive F for them.

Attached: 1559298470060.png (240x240, 78K)

user, are you blind?

>win 4 games in a row
>suddenly during the first round of the next game pic related happened
First one I even got one, fuck I even riichi'd.

The flow is indeed real.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1831x941, 323K)

a-user?
I hope you're not playing in the tourney, you might toss out your sanankou thinking you don't have a triplet

Attached: 004bSvN[1].png (1021x661, 88K)

>tfw pretty close
am i pro now?

Attached: Untitled.png (736x200, 83K)

>using up all luck before the tournament

fast kick this hag out of the tournament, she's cheating

Luckily for you I'm not in the tourney.

running facial recognition now
I should get a match before the game starts

Let's bet cryptocurrency on mahjong games.

Make a room so I can calm my nerves

Let's play a match instead of sleeping b4 the tourney!
Majsoul Friends Room 93350(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=93350
South 3+5 no red dora

Attached: chrome_2019-06-03_23-13-07.jpg (1920x896, 357K)

>not HODLing your bags

how much time until tourn\ament

see

Attached: aiharamai-12smile.png (240x240, 88K)

URGENT MESSAGE!

PLAYER ADRIANO - YOU GAVE ME INVALID ACCOUNT ID NUMBER DURING REGISTRATION - PLEASE COME ON IRC AND PASS ME THE CORRECT ONE, BECAUSE IT'S NEEDED TO REGISTER YOU IN TOURNAMENT PANEL.

Attached: 1443416127711.jpg (666x666, 111K)

Check the timer I want to play but I don't want to waste my first win of the day on a friendly.

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH I'M STARTING TO REGRET NOT REGISTERING

Attached: kujouriu-4.png (240x240, 90K)

I am never getting out of novice. Fucking kill me now.

Attached: I want to die.png (1170x1264, 724K)

cute cat ears

That's pretty bad user

>47 games
just keep playing

And you can't hijack a room like in the first tournament because it's using the tournament function.

Attached: kujouriu-10.png (240x242, 92K)

200 isn't that hard to get on a streak, you need 600 for adept 1 -> adept 2 (although you start at 300)
just keep playing user!
it took me 40 & my friend 50

maybe give south a try

Beg in IRC

Sell me on Tetsuya. How does it compare to Akagi?

Ok, but my first hand better not suck dick

not that user but I would assume everyone would hate this because then people would start begging closer & closer to the start
just sign up for the next one

youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Attached: Untitled.jpg (949x720, 129K)

This "AMOS" is the same brand they use in these Ameba TV games, right?

I think I read it somewhere in the stream.

Write your in game nickname and ID on IRC and I'll add you to reserve list.

is that a counted yakuman?

Looks like ordinary Suu Ankou to me.

Sou ankou (Tsumo only).
(4 closed pons)

4 closed triplets

Blue balls the game
All my nice riichis and someone else conveniently tsumos instead. That fast timer felt real good though, first time playing in 3+5.

GG. What a match, 2 haitei and so many riichi. I fear for the tournament after using that many magical sand.

KUYASHI!!!!

Attached: 2019-06-14_05-06-42.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Is this one

It has some really great and emotional character moments. Music is amazing too. Being about cheating also gives it a unique spin.
Akagi remains around the same quality throughout. Sadly Tetsuya kinda drops in the middle section. Episodes 1-7 and 17-20 are clearly the better part of the show. It's a bit hard to get into in the first place so if you don't have much tolerance just skip the middle section, you're not missing any major plot stuff except this annoying guy joins Tetsuya as a new partner.

Attached: Legendary Gambler Tetsuya.png (640x480, 264K)

>Uncensored thighs.
Holy shit user, this is a blue board.

Another go!
Majsoul Friends Room 42904(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=42904
South 3+5 no red dora

Attached: chrome_2019-06-06_22-35-58.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

You should've folded at the first 4s to be honest. Dealer's haneman direct hit is game over.

I went to bed
I kinda want that set but the box has a name on it
ugh
does the amazon one I first looked at have red 5s or is the jp amazon one have green on it? the riichi set on amazon apparently has black sou and green dragon tiles which I don't particularly like

>no red dora
what a pussy

I finally did it, I am an expert.
After the hell of dropping to Adept 1 zero points, I climbed all the way back.
Now I am afraid this will repeat in the Gold room

whats wrong user? don't wanna practice the tourney rules?

The 4th place streak is over. I'm free

Attached: Win.png (2557x1329, 2.67M)

If you get destroyed by red doras, you'll be more cautios in the tourny

And I just noticed that unlike Bronze and Silver, more people play South on Gold

LET'S GO FUCKERSSSS

SPEED IS LOVE

Attached: 1503317488858.gif (270x252, 967K)

the higher you go, the less people play east
I think I've seen a pic of jade or whatever where it was 90% south

>he plays east
Better fix those bad habits before you get deranked.

Attached: yagiyui-11.png (240x240, 86K)

At the time I play, there were like 20 people in the silver south room. I'd rather not play the same people all over

Nothing is ever over.

I'm pretty sure those playing east on jade are cheating. Friends join up at the same time and send the other 2 dumb souls to the shadows realm.

Attached: IMG_20190614_102415.jpg (400x323, 64K)

>friends
>implying it's not just the same person on 4 accounts

>Be "Expert"
>Enter gold rooms
>Can't get my ass to tenpai or whenever I riichi someone else deals in someone else's hand.
>Always on 3rd place
>Already lost 200 points.

Also
>People still Kans whenever they can, doesn't matter if there are players with riichi.

thanks for feedback from high level expert room

>he doesn't kan and laugh when someone else gets hit by big dora hands

Expert is just shiny silver after all.

Attached: 1558456720057.jpg (1012x1024, 352K)

Attached: 1450631932710.webm (480x360, 984K)

Majsoul Friends Room 39794(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=39794

south standard

Attached: D9AhPKOVUAAtuVm.jpg (900x1200, 236K)

Attached: 1518573533745.webm (720x768, 2.94M)

i am not gonna watch that shit

Attached: Saki (1).webm (480x270, 343K)

Crikey

Attached: mikamichiori-7strayaclear.png (240x240, 91K)

2/4

>All these people deifying me as some sort of 'professional'
I really hate to break to you guys but I'm just a simple nyagger who just plays too much. Also, the screenshot doesn't properly show this, but my riichi was the third on the table, too.

Attached: youknowimsomethingofanyaggermyself.png (1687x936, 1.9M)

Thanks for playing lads, double riichi nomi best yaku

Attached: 1500917519333.gif (255x191, 2.02M)

a la verga

Attached: mexican chiori.png (480x480, 218K)

based and kanpilled

GG I should sleep now before I miss the tourney
6 hours 13 mins until then.

3/4

Attached: 1559059592095.jpg (300x100, 18K)

One more!

Now with less retardation

Attached: mikamichiori-7strayaclearv2.png (240x240, 91K)

he's laughing at us again Yea Forumsros..............

you won't trick me you esporting scum
go play in another major league world cup

2 places, get in guys !
Majsoul Friends Room 32474(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=32474

Attached: 1558713979492.jpg (212x238, 20K)

>I'm not a pro I swear
>has to be seeded in tournies
whatever you say senpai

Attached: 1559758756880.jpg (240x240, 17K)

-100 points for 4th place in Gold room...
I am scared

Please no bully

Attached: ichihime-3.png (240x240, 88K)

1 place left

>60+0 seconds
sheesh

I'm teaching a guy how to play.

>expecting the mahjongchads of Yea Forums to skip on a tourney in home field
sasuga

3 of the 6 on my friends list are in the tourney, so I have 3 people to root for

Attached: ichihime-0.png (240x240, 97K)

oh I only have 5 friends, my mistake

>not adding all the Yea Forums guys

>adding anyone at all

Attached: l_3.png (338x454, 44K)

>tfw want to add Yea Forumsros but social anxiety won't let me

Attached: kaavi-3.png (240x240, 83K)

>Finally got the mythical half flush
>in a friendly
>against bots
What's the most painFUL method of suicide?

Attached: half flush.jpg (1186x666, 143K)

>playing in chink
go drink some poisoned milk

Attached: ichihime-7edit.png (240x240, 91K)

Their login method is better.

Attached: 1509988984664.png (589x420, 200K)

why are you playing against bots

gee gee

Attached: 1557145962551.gif (450x350, 54K)

I was testing my connection.
It was shit. And I even discarded an 8s because of a random disconnect.

1 point has been added to your social credit

hanchan
5+20s

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=20084

>tfw not a single friend
>noone to root for me
I-it's fine.

he still lost because retard luck can't last forever

Attached: daburu.jpg (1436x879, 180K)

Outplayed.

>someone from Yea Forums added me after playing a friendly game out of the blue
>decline
knees weak palms are sweaty

What do you even do with "friends" in this gaem?
It's not like you can chat in the table anyway.

>>decline

Attached: 1509167159843.jpg (389x389, 19K)

KNEES WEAK PALMS ARE SWEATY

e-easy third place

Attached: orangutan_square.jpg (600x600, 42K)

You can post messages in their profile and invite them to friendlies.

That second place guy lucked hard after disconnecting for so long.

Where can I see all the emotes of the new characters?

Imagine being this autistic. How do you even live like that?

Don't try to build the wall like an experienced player you WILL fuck it up.

>tfw accept friend requests at first because don't want to be impolite
>ended up deleting them all
>gonna have to re-add the same people because of the tournament
FUCK

I don't want Yea Forums to know I'm a nyagger.

>What do you even do with "friends" in this gaem?
They can secretly watch your games without you knowing about it. He can also post screenshots about your most embarrasing game in this thread.

Attached: 1559105419518.jpg (1024x1024, 19K)

But nyagger objectively has the better emotes

I fucking hate it when people add me without like chatting with me or whatever
it's the most annoying thing ever because usually it'll get awkward or you'll never talk, so I really don't see the point
get a lot of steam requests from randoms as well and it's fucking annoying, just a random from a random match in a random game

Jokes on them, all of my games are mildly embarrassing.

>accept requests from anyone
>delete them if they don't log in for a week
Only active players allowed, sorry not sorry.

Attached: 1559132958252.png (240x240, 110K)

>he's not spying on his high lvl friends

Attached: his current game.png (1435x782, 1.27M)

You're not supposed to chat with your friends in this game. Getting a big friend list should be your backup plan in case we're getting permanently banned to /vg/, because there's no way to get friendlies going anywhere else except here.

>tfw never played mahjong and have no idea what the fuck anyone is talking about
what's so special about this majong game that has everyone talking?

Attached: 1557764755467.gif (300x168, 285K)

What? Chatting? I just spam nyagger emotes and have fun with Yea Forums bros in friendlies, why would I chat with my friendlist?

Isn't that why we have a ___IRC___

I like to stalk Erika's games to see how the best Yea Forums player plays.

>he has chink friends

Attached: I frew up.jpg (680x680, 85K)

so THAT's why I got another add from you
I knew I already had you as a friend
why'd you delete me you fucking nigger

>Getting a big friend list should be your backup plan in case we're getting permanently banned to /vg/
that sounds like a circlejerk & a half and I'd really rather not get invites to that all the time

but user, the best Yea Forums player is you____

>UI in English
>Decent guided tutorial
>Waifus
>Smug emotes

Ohnonono, he started at 5-shanten, check this loser out, everyone!

Attached: 1531377677368.png (905x619, 566K)

Mahjong is like THE game who's closest to the thin line of skill and luck combined.

>IRC

Attached: 1560073163100.png (240x240, 84K)

So Mahjong is just Chinese Domino?
If I'm absolutely into Domino will I like this game?
How do I start?
is there a good phone game for this?

>>he has chink friends
He's top 5 in NA ladder.

You can play mahjong soul in your phone.

I unironically lose my concentration when I consider the possibility that someone's watching my game.

Yes, I don't like it either, but at least it's better than
>Discord

>it's already over

Attached: ouya haneman tsumo.png (1438x780, 1.07M)

can you tell me the name of the game? believe it or not I still can't figure it out from this thread
I'd like to learn, you guys sound like you're having a fun time. But I assume it's a LITTLE more complicated than poker

Attached: 12345676543.png (680x510, 506K)

Send the Winnie the Pooh Tiananmen Square pasta to his inbox and we'll see about that.

Why send that when there's something more relevant to get chinks bootyblasted?
>HONG KONG INDEPENDENCE

Chinks can play in NA too.
The "the first saint" guy is a chink streamer.

Mahjong Soul

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/
Sign in with your email. There is no password, they just send you a PIN for authentication.

Pic related is the only really hard part. It's just like hands in poker, it's to make your hand valid. The rest will come to you naturally, depending on how fast you resonate with it.

Attached: yaku list.png (2600x1750, 577K)

Wasn't he in a Yea Forums friendly a while back or am I crazy?

>not just making a quick twitter acc for auto-login
PIN verification is retarded

Sorry girls about abandoning a friendly match, it couldn't be helped.

The rules are more complex than poker, but the skill ceiling for the emergent mechanics is similar imo.

>pic related is the only hard bit
>a massive infographic of foreign words and shapes I've never seen in my life
Good thing I've got two screens I suppose

Attached: 1479924215348.png (471x354, 231K)

Who knows

Attached: his messages.png (1071x408, 340K)

not when you just do it once and you'll stay signed in on your computer

>be me
>europoor
>tournament in less than 5 hours
>already feel tired

Attached: 1416691780575.jpg (547x587, 61K)

here's the actual retard version

Get 4 sets and a pair
a set is either a sequence (123 345 etc) or a triplet (111, RRR, etc)
Sequences, triplets & pairs obviously have to be of the same suit

If you do this, you'll have a finished hand, however you'll also need a yaku (with normal settings), the most easy for these are
a) only triplets
b) no terminals (1/9) or honor tiles (winds or dragons)
c) don't call anything from other players until you're one tile away from a finished hand, then press the glowing RIICHI button

You really only need to know tanyao, pinfu and yakuhai to start playing online. The rest you can learn as you go.

Oh, and riichi of course, but even Yakuza minigame-only retards usually figure that one out.

Don't worry you have to memorize all of them.

H O T G L U E
T
H
I
S E N D M E P I C S

Attached: aiharamai-1.png (240x240, 85K)

Majsoul Friends Room 29954(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=29954

pinfu doesn't do that much since you can riichi with it regardless
obviously it'll be more points but it won't help them put together a hand

>you're good except me
What did the chink mean by this? Is this one of these old as fuck proverbs?

Attached: xenia-6.png (240x240, 89K)

Don't worry senpai I gotchu.

Attached: mahjong for dumbs.jpg (900x1800, 1.03M)

It's still probably worth knowing, especially because it drives you toward efficient discards.

kemono mahjong. no, I'm not joking.

lol im in this tourney. definitely going down.

kys yourself or I'll kys you myself

>If you can't handle the pressure then pray that I won't pick your room for streaming, because I'm going to shittalk all over bad plays and shitty yakus.
not cool user, you'll make anons feel bad & maybe stop playing

stream my match :)

Furry mahjong devs pls go.

room?

>game being streamed
>riichi for comeback hand
>ronnya
>tanyao, 1k points
>game ends, 4th place
>all of Yea Forums laughs

Attached: 1559081919749.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Thanks user, I'll download and have it down by the end of the day
>seems really complicated
>slowly learning it's actually just Chinese Rummy

Attached: 1558715265146.png (371x532, 281K)

i am gonna bully adepts so hard

>download

he wanted to lose with a smaller deficit

make a room pls

Do it yourself you stupid nigger

Hey! ill have you know i just got on silver

How long until tournament? I want to watch some anime first but don't want to miss the stream.

>he can't pause his chinese girl cartoons
?

What cool chinese characters should I put at the end of my name lads

Maybe he wants to know when it is so he knows when to pause his lesbian poker shows

why not simply have the chinese girl rummy game stream open in the background?

Majsoul Friends Room 82448(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=82448
Regular shit

獨立 or 自由

>Trying to get out of bronze
>Keep getting east games that are lasting 45+ minutes because the dealers keep winning with shit hands
>Asinine naked waits winning with rinshan or haitei as their only yaku.
>It keeps happening

I won my last game just shy of 50k, but it took nearly an hour...

地蔵盆

Get in here 2/4

草泥马

t. expert

>Also this is 2hu music right?
Yep, it's some medley of music from Imperishable Night. The title even has the first two characters of the Japanese name 永夜抄, but as I can't read Chinese I don't know why they're there.

The Innami part is also great, I'd say it's after that it drops hard. Though as you said 17-20 is great again.

Attached: innami3.jpg (341x957, 318K)

Is there discord or some shit?

DISCORD TRANNIES OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
there's an IRC

how do I play an AI match again?

I'm surprised there isn't a /vg/

there's basically nowhere to discuss traditional board games on Yea Forums. /tg/ is almost exclusively dnd shit

Attached: 1528134240380.png (574x417, 187K)

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Attached: erfghbn#.png (1677x938, 1.57M)

>that tsuuiisou with chiitoi
>that double riichi into haitei

Attached: 1559047099807.png (240x240, 99K)

gg, what exhausting matches

>oh, that's some bad lu-
>not even on riichi
the eternal silver surfer strikes again

Attached: nikaidoumiki-7b.png (240x240, 86K)

>Hanchan
>only once in tenpai
I fucking hate this piece of shit gaem.
Kill everyone

Was this avoidable? Got sent to 4th hell because of it.

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1040, 1.81M)

>it's a game ends at east 2 episode

Attached: poor bastard.png (546x556, 182K)

gg guys

GG sorry guys I gotta go wage slave
stay tilted

Friendly match, create room

i know its hard to pump the brakes user but surely you saw it coming

>damaten
ehh, most people would have dealt into that desu

>ok, called a bit too much shit, but as long as I don't deal into the winner, I'll secure second place

Attached: asd.png (1711x916, 1.32M)

It's too bad the meme yakus weren't available because both cases have a meme yaku.

why wouldn't you drop the 2m or white dragon?
you had 557p so you could wait for 6s to make a sequence or another 5

>see person that has 2 dragon triplets
>no red dragons in discards
>LET ME JUST DISCARD THIS RED DRAGON RIGHT HERE
how fucking stupid are you?

even if he only had 1 red, you'd still be fucking dead

Why are the green ones expensive?

I've been wondering where the threads have disappeared to.
I figured they would come back after E3.

>Tournament in 4h and i already used all my luck to get 1st and 2nd place in 5 Yea Forums friendly matches
rip

4th place in east 4, user was dead anyway.

>Endgame, none of the wind doras seen.
Should have been more cautious.
The 2 discarded threes in east's pond is certainly a tell, though quite unreliable and easy to miss.

He was clearly going for 7 pairs.

>Hmmm, should I put myself into negative which not only adds percentage to my negative stat AND lose more points from being in negative
>Or, should I be safe and cut my losses as low as I can.

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=22648
South

7 pairs. It was going to be that or the 2 sou. It was the least likely to be dropped in the future, but I got hit by a damaten haneman.

and?
He could have discarded 2m, 7p, 4s, or white dragon.
He picked the wrong one.
But all those options would still keep his hand in the same shanten.

youtube.com/watch?v=tb7Q2W3O4S8
Could you beat her Yea Forums?

tanyao

>Barely know how to play
>Going to join an anons game and throw all my tiles around going for all simples

Attached: 1540227581223.jpg (807x935, 115K)

is this game even playable as a beginner? I know you're trying to get a set of tiles but that's about it

White dragon is the best tile to keep right there for 7 pairs, 4s is the most dangerous tile in his hand and he can't discard it. 2 is the safest but you should discard the most dangerous safe tile first.
It wasn't really a mistake, it only looks like one in hindsight.

lads i need the delicious free sex pic real quick
its important and i dont have it at hand
have fbi in return

Attached: 13988417446.png (569x802, 650K)

>tanyao posting at the same time
based

2/4

Attached: 1441024419865.png (364x3120, 72K)

believe in the metanpin

ily user

Attached: Benvenuto_18.png (1920x1080, 2.23M)

There's a /jp/.

>it's a luckshitter episode

I dont get it

>There's a /jp/ for chinkshit

I always riichi late game, it strikes fear in the eyes of my enemies

i started playing as these treads started to get made and now look at me aim all the way up to adep 2 so yes it is

In one hanchan yes. In multiple hanchan luck wouldn't be enough.

3/4

How are you preparing for the tournament, user?

Attached: 1447455175295.jpg (1024x1024, 123K)

I started playing 1 month ago and soon i'm about to be the one true champions

GG lads
I wish I could get this lucky in ranked games.

Riichi cost 1000 to call and if there are just a few tiles left on the wall is basically trowing those points away but how can you say no to free sex

Attached: 1559602428906.gif (250x150, 33K)

By not participating, like the coward I am

FASTER

Honestly, it would be a better tell if they kept discarding middle tiles, since they had only discarded one draw. In regards to the south, you are right that it's strange it hadn't been played, as well as the dora. I probably should have saw that. The issue is that it's hard to tell when to scoop since the two 3s isn't really that huge of a warning sign. Maybe I should work on my mahjong warning sense.

That shit was pretty crazy.
I'm still butthurt in auto-dealing to you with the dora since I was already in riichi.
But that was my mistake, I made a stupid riichi, can't resist the lewd button.

And then this happens.

Attached: rin.jpg (640x480, 51K)

>going for chanta
>discards 3 man out of her 113 man for a single white dragon
>goes on tanki wait for 8 man
>kan on west wind
wew it's kinda weird seing a nyagger in real life

I always riichi with my shitty hands, in hopes of getting some glorious uradora love

Unironically a good way to learn, just make sure you make sure the tiles you do discard aren't the winning tiles of the enemy.

Attached: chipon.png (806x844, 675K)

i liked that pon combo you guys did at the end into a ron... it was just like my akagi anime

Sorry user i dont have any faster one

Attached: 1559600827190.gif (400x300, 779K)

>first thread to get to 500 posts in ages
Dare I say, the mahjong wave is back?

Attached: mikamichiori-8.png (240x240, 89K)

I've just wasted all my 7 exalteds on fusings trying to 6-link my Perfect Form. To no avail. Now I have no 6-link, no exalteds, and no willingness to keep playing this league. I'm going to lose horribly on the tournament because I'm tilted as fuck.

There's a tournament?

Or maybe the E3 wave is just over

By reading yuri manga of course.

Attached: 1558895408794.jpg (800x800, 102K)

wait can i still sign up?

By reading Cyrano de Bergerac

Attached: Cyrano.jpg (494x600, 37K)