Friendly Reminder: Halo 4 and Halo 5 are not canon anymore

Friendly Reminder: Halo 4 and Halo 5 are not canon anymore.
Halo Infinite takes place during the Human-Covenant war.
This is the MC from Halo Legends

Attached: halo-infinite.png (1163x700, 791K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8QZI2Jv0EVs
youtube.com/watch?v=oBv8UVOSG8U&t=1410s
youtube.com/watch?v=EwfnAM3dBrM
youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Fn8FI5thQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

proof?

I'd unironically appreciate it if they straight up decanonized 4 and 5.

I wish that were the case but it isn't
it takes place in 2561 or something like that

It takes place in 2561 you dip

although i know the chance of it happening approach zero, i'd love a final halo entry that told a time travel stream of consciousness gobbledygook story like marathon infinity

4 and 5 are canon you fucking mong. YOU CAN LITERALLY HEAR CORTANA in the end of the trailer
Chiefs using that armour since it's old and can't be fucked around by the Created/forerunner emp's

this

What? I love Halo Infinite now.

halo 3's ending:
>the king goes to sleep under the mountain, to be awoken to save humanity once again in the far future
it's goddamn perfect, why did they fuck it all up?

whooooo giivivvveeeesss aaaa shhiiiiiitttttttttttttt

halo is done for, it's gone and dead.

Moron, Halo 4 and 5 outsold Reach

This. Halo 4 and especially 5 were fucking terrible.

They literally are.

doesnt mean shit, they were bad

I actually liked 5's MP, but I agree.

Unforantely this will never happen and if it did, it'd also retcon a number of really good novel.

>since it's old
>gen 3 armor, made 7 years after the end of the human-covenant war

>tfw I stopped playing Halo after 3 and have been ignorant to the harm that has happened since.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of what went wrong?

>Kill Cortana and give chief a sad moment
>bring her back in the next game
I dont understand

>human-covenant war
>Mk VI MJOLNIR Armor
No retard, its not. Legends isn't canon.

>humans were the real antagonist fo the universe the whole time
>cortana goes crazy and master chief wont get over her

343 took all the great work Bungie did closing the story and fucked it with a really stupid sequel story that shits on the characters and universe. I personally kinda liked the MP changes but they don't feel very Halo. Warzone was a fun mode though.

I'd be okay with it as long they keep Cortana thicc like she looked in Halo 4.

hahaha good one user

4's MP definetely feels like somebody covered Halo up in like 3-4 layers of CoD paint; but 5 feels pretty Halo to me in terms of gameplay, albiet with some new mechanics,

Nope.
The fucking game takes place AFTER a fucking war between the A.I called The Created and the organic species, humans, elites, brutes whatever.
Also the HUD gives you a lot of info
>Gen III Mjolnir Armor so it's a new armor
>Edited by Halsey (2561)
>A.I. Intrusion Countermeasures
So the War instill going on, Humanity (or what left of the UNSC lost the battle of Zeta Halo) and the A.I. are still ruling the galaxy.

Attached: 333.jpg (1022x1068, 206K)

It won't happen. 343 is too invested in the shitty nu-Halo universe they've created.

Reminder that cortana we know of in the trilogy is dead, Nu-Cortana is the rampancy fragments joined together

whats the deal with the AI bullshit?

SPDR is a program repairs AI.
It's from I love bees ad campaign for halo 2

I did not play Halo 5, but I refuse to believe there was an entire war between organics and non-organics in that game. Was this some more bullshit from a book or some official podcast or something?

This is the correct answer.

so am i gonna get to shoot covenant or not? because I want to shoot covenant. not forerunner, not niggerbrutes, just aliums.

Dont get my hopes you sadist.

Attached: 6CDF7A54-75DC-47B6-A8DD-DBF168F9F287.jpg (482x750, 56K)

Basically Cortana goes crazy because humans are bad.
Also the "modern" humans are not the original humans.
Humans are old as the Forerunners.
The original human race got the Mantle of Responsibility (protect the universe), it was gived by The Precursors (basically the Gods) and they didn't protect the universe, they start a war with Forennuers because the Flood and then the Forerunners created the Halo rings as mass destruction weapons to destroy all organic species because the galaxy was fucked up by the Flood and because the Humans.
The "modern" human race did the same shit, they started a fucking war around the universe with the Covenant and the Flood was releseaed again.
Cortana didn't know any of this thing before Halo 4.
Now she knows the story true behind the human kind thanks to the Didact and thanks why Cortana hate humans.

it's going to be flood and maybe Prometheans

that's why*

343 LOVES to leave important plot elements out of the new games and save them for expanded universe shit like the novels. I haven't kept up with Halo since 5 was such a disappointment so I don't know if this human-AI war has been covered at all, but Halo 5 itself had an entire cast of characters that you wouldn't be able to recognize or understand because the game's story assumes that you've read all of the books.

343 are terrible storytellers. They actually did emotion right in Halo 4 (the Chief's characterization is honestly better than Bungie's), but they make no attempt to fill in the gaps that seem to require the lore. Dropping you in the middle of an alien war was fine in Halo 1 was basic "aliens vs. humans", but we're way past that. To this day I can't tell you who The Didact was or his motivation as a bad guy. The only thing I even remember from Halo 5 was Cortana goes bad and beyond rampancy I fail to remember why.

Bungie's stories were lean but they were accessible and effective.

flood is ok I guess but fuck prometheans

did 343 fucking up and forget that ONLY smart ais like cortana could go rampant in the first place? or did they decide that all ais are somehow upgraded into smart ais inbetween 4 and 5?

For me, the real cortana died in 4.
Halo 5 cortana just is a shallow clone.

Master Chief should be shown as very autistic. He is like a lost child and and is constantly hoping for validation from others. He is confused by sarcasm and feels stupid because of it. Sometimes he incoherently tantrums and not a soul tries to argue back. Then, humanities greatest soldier cries and paces his room, afraid they all hate him, and looks for validation once again. References should be made to him having problems masturbating, and spending his time alone behind a locked door.

I assume the big brain AI like Cortana can control the lesser ones.

He gets sex from Kelly atleast, it's not completely hopeless

>I refuse to believe there was an entire war between organics and non-organics in that game
The war is over, that's why Halo Infinite take place after Halo 5 and that war.
>Was this some more bullshit from a book or some official podcast or something?
Books, but you don't need to know what the fuck happened in that war
That's why this is a soft reboot.

>so am i gonna get to shoot covenant or not?
Nope.
The covenant doesn't exist anymore
BUT all organic species hates each other, the only alliance at this moment is between Humans and Elites, all other ex Covenant species are hostile each other.
And yes, you'll shoot to Forerunner stuff.
And probably the Flood is back and that's my teory of why Chief and Cortana can work again one more time, Cortana knows that Flood can corrupt A.I. and Chief knows Flood can eat all organic species, so it's a common enemy.

>Dropping you in the middle of an alien war was fine in Halo 1 was basic "aliens vs. humans", but we're way past that. To this day I can't tell you who The Didact was or his motivation as a bad guy.

I think 4 and 5's writing is dogshit, but this isn't an actual issue, and is just you being a fucking brainlet.

As you yourself notew, CE LITTERALLY drops you in the middle of a War with zero context or explanation, and expects you to pick it up as you go along.

4, meanwhile, actually has (admittedly poorly written) expositional cutscenes explaining who the didact is, what his issue is, whatr the composer is, as well as a whole series of terminals going into further backstory about the Didact, the Librarian, etc.

>but Halo 5 itself had an entire cast of characters that you wouldn't be able to recognize or understand because the game's story assumes that you've read all of the books.

Same fucking shit here, Blue Team isn't given any less context or less explanation then Miranda Keyes, Hood, or the Prophets are in Halo 2.

Fred's line of "I haven';t seen chief this worked up since boot camp" is almost identical in terms of context as the "Your father was an irreplaceable asset to the UNSC" line towards Miranda, the former establishing Fred/Blue Team as MC's squadmates from boot camp; the latter establishing Miranda as the daughter of Captian keyes

=================================

4 and 5 have shit writing and a variety of other flaws, but "not explaining the shit they introduce" is not one of them: 4 outright gives more explaination then the classic games and 5 gives about as much

source

I hope not. The Covenant should have stopped being a thing after 3. The only reason it's still around post-war is because 343 was too scared to go all in with a new enemy faction. It better be completely gone by the time the Precursors/Flood return.

TFOR and Legends

I mean the great scale war is over but the conflict still going on.
The organic species (especially humans and elites) are now a kind of resistance.

well, that would make more sense, since cortana was the first successful smart ai, she would have some intimate knowledge of the inner workings of lesser constructs.

>He follows videogame lore

Attached: 32609983.jpg (359x377, 35K)

I wonder how 343i will fuck this one up.

Attached: .jpg (1344x1912, 1.08M)

>Cortana goes crazy

Doesn't surprise me considering the books talk about how A.I.'s go crazy after a certain amount of years of their lifespan. I thinks it's around 7 years.

I have a soft spot for 4, but shoot 5 straight into the sun.

Attached: halopill.png (1106x1349, 82K)

>Also the "modern" humans are not the original humans.

Attached: WAT.png (586x584, 614K)

Same fucking shit here, Blue Team isn't given any less context or less explanation then Miranda Keyes, Hood, or the Prophets are in Halo 2.
Not really a good comparison. First time I played Halo 2 I immediately understood where Hood and the Prophet of Truth fit in to the story just from the context of the cutscenes. In Halo 5 this whole team of Spartans comes out of nowhere with no explanation and the game just expects you to understand it. I had never read any of the books or comics so I always assumed Chief was the last spartan since you never see another one past Reach.

>Mendicant Bias goes crazy and fucks the Forerunners' shit
>Cortana goes crazy and fucks humanity's shit
it's like pottery

Attached: Virgin chad chief.jpg (1751x585, 416K)

this is an incredibly biased take, and makes the forerunners look innocent when they were jealous of humans and actually managed to defeat the flood.

Guess we gotta call in you-know-who to set shit straight again.

Attached: Offensive_Bias.png (500x500, 17K)

5 was made upon the mistaken premise that all fans read the books, also, wasn't traviss involved in writing for either 5 or some of the books?

>I always assumed Chief was the last spartan since you never see another one past Reach

Read the ghosts of onyx. You'll love it.

Yes.
The modern human race is the downgraded ancient human race who fighted against the Flood and the Forerunners at the same time.

I wish they had skipped time way further, brought chief back as some relic in a far flung war, a myth returned. Yeah he'd be obsolete, he could just get upgrades

Post Cortana butts

I read the books (well, I read Fall of Reach and First Strike) and I fucking hated 5. It promised me Blue Team, something I wanted to see in a game for YEARS and then didn't fucking do anything with them.

Are you implying a forerunner is behind that post?

No, but here's a WIP ass

Attached: .png (585x853, 370K)

FUCK OFF VEIN

I'll do you one better

Attached: Spartan III gf.jpg (640x360, 51K)

not just those two, those two were the actual good ones, I was referring to them expecting players to read the comics and books that came out after 4.

Of course they were jealous about that.
The Gods (Precursors) chosen the Humans not the Forerunners as the protectors of the universe? Why?
And without any real responsability the Forerunners protected the life creating the rings, altruism.

okay, so, a bit of digging, and yeah, traviss is indeed partially responsible for the mess that is post 3 halo lore. good going 343, hire the woman that nearly singlehandedly killed star wars eu with her shitty plots, great job.

Maybe thats the purpose of Chief's new AI chip(or was by the time of latest trailer since there was no AI detected).

Attached: 2qse7d0iex321.jpg (1577x877, 49K)

awful, he should be emotionally retarded

Disgusting
Eh...

how did chief get out in space if at the end of halo 3 he was in the ship with cortana?
>wake me when you need me

>Trailer confirms the game takes place in 2561 or later, Human-Covenant War ended in 2553
Also they're the same fucking chief retard

>4 and 5 were just dreams Chief had while in cryo
Perfect

Wrong they're canon, just the Spartan IV shit isn't important, also ODST and Reach are not canon, Hernandez.

That's gen3 armor though.

This

He is emotionally retarded, but he has had a harem since he was a little shota

It's Cortana, Chief will use the chip to contain her early in the game and the suit will cure her, they're putting an end to the Reclaimer Saga and starting fresh because they realized it was shit.

Chief never had sex in his life.

>Ancient Humans are Forerunners again
>instead of instantly bouncing back with the S.S "FUCK POETIC PROSE INFINITY-BOBINITY BIGGEST SPAECE SHIP EVAR!1!!", the UNSC is militaristically crippled by the loss of Reach and, oh yeah, most of human fucking civilization
>has to forge shaky, tenuous alliances with alien factions instead of sending ONI spooks to murder them
>no Didact shit, no Promethean shit, no the first Flood contagion was because we used spores as a cute pet accessory and then we ate them shit, no Master Chief is actually the Master Builder from the Lego Movie shit
>Linda, Kelly, and Fred are introduced in a much more natural manner
Dare to dream.

Attached: 1552618938456.jpg (1013x1600, 691K)

Yes he has

No, he hasn't

>being this delusional

Post the source.

I did

I don't care about the story, music, or art style.

Can we get a fun multiplayer and campaign? Bungie Halo didn't have crazy emotional characters, deep story or complex art style (Yes the music was complex, but Bungie didn't make it). They focused on a perfectly balanced multiplayer, fun campaign and revolutionary forge, that was 100% skill-based where anyone could pick up and play. All your friends gathered to play, the new guy could join too, just show him the controls. 343's games have been Pay to Win or XP to win. Trash and it's why they didn't last as long as Bungie Halo games. All timeless multiplayers, boardgames, sports etc. start players off with equal access to weapons AKA pick up and play AKA 100% skill based.

Halo 5's forge shows they're capable of making great gameplay, but don't be surprised if 343 scams nostalgiafags to buy Halo 6 based on this art style rehash, as it's easier than actually making a fun, 100% skill based game to play.

Attached: DA785599-E6CA-4354-9215-50A2DD082472.jpg (729x900, 41K)

He looks like a plastic toy

Nowhere in Halo FOR or Legends does Chief have sex, not even once.

Don't worry about the campaign, 343 said they're going back to Halo 1-3 where gameplay is the focus and not those stupid action scenes that took control away from the player in Halo 4 and 5.

Hey lucha

>343
>halo game
Its like you fags never learn.

But humanity was just at war with the Forerunner because they were trying to flee The Flood, and the Covenant were the ones who started the war with humanity. What were humans supposed to do, just sit by peacefully, and let themselves be purged?

I want Halo 3 Cortana back

I wouldn't care about Halo lore at all if the first couple books hadn't been as good as they were. I still reread Fall of Reach occasionally, just because it's a decent scifi read in its own right.

as soon as i was done watching the trailer i got vibes of this book

Attached: 1013681.jpg (600x1004, 101K)

Am I the only person that when I saw the trailer thought it was going to be a First Strike adaptation?

I distinctly remember parts of First Strike dealing with the aftermath of Installation 07 getting destroyed, and Chief and other survivors were rescued by some crew in a Pelican that was in the debris field, which is what I thought the trailer was about. I never did play Halo 5.

Anyways, an adaptation that bridges the gap between Halo 1 and 2 would be pretty awesome in my opinion, and First Strike if I remember has a lot of interesting things happen, like them hijacking a covenant CCS carrier or something like that, I can barely remember it's been well over a decade since I read that.

Oh yeah, and that whole plot with them destroying the Covenant fleet that was going to attack Earth, the unyielding hirophant or whatever it was called.

Attached: First_Strike.jpg (836x1374, 151K)

hivemind man. I didn't even scroll down to see your post before I posted mine. Exactly what I thought, I was absolutely sure they were just going to adapt First Strike, but from what I read about Halo 5 since I never played it, apparently Cortana is back and rogue and took over all the UNSC AIs or something setting them back technologically and doing massive damage.

>bookshit

Wouldn't this be the third entry in the Reclaimer Saga anyway?

Excuse me, but the original Halo novels are quite good, even the adaptation of Halo 1 was alright. It only turns bad when 343 started to pump out dozens of novels, all with information that's required to understand what the fuck is happening in Halo 4.

They also completely killed the element of mystery with the forerunner and turned them into boring ass generic enemies.

I want them to go off the rails, and give us a fully explorable Halo ring, littered with missions, enemy bases, and sidequests to do. Basically, I want Far Cry with a Halo skin.

I want them to do a co-op campaign too.

Man, I miss Halo 3 and Reach's co-op campaign, and the best part of reach; co-op campaign matchmaking.

I never played 5 so I don't know anything about what they did with that campaign, but reach was flawed, but perfected all of the good stuff with matchmaking, game modes, etc.

His dick doesn't even work.

I'd be OK with it so I don't have to play 5 in order to understand the story of Infinite.

It would have been but Halo 5 killed the Reclaimer Saga and nothing of value was lost.

It actually does but he's a virgin still.

what the fuck even is the reclaimer saga? I played 4 but I remember fuck all about the story other than the forerunner returning.

I thought it was about humanity reclaiming the mantle but by Halo 5 I lost track because Brian Reed can't write.

The reclaimer saga is...uh...
You see it's about...um...
Well there's this guy called the Didact and he wants to do.... Something I think, I can't remember.
But it had lots of other memorable moments and characters like.... That part where Cortana dies and then comes back to life to become a villain for some reason... Yeah that was cool.

I hope so. Killing brutes and prometheans is boring. Elites are the perfect enemy.

Honestly hope they remake the Halo Wars games in first person mode.

Reduced libido was only a possible side effect of the thyroid implant
It's heavily implied john and Kelly are closer then the rest of blue team. Just think about it they've know each the longest.

If that's true then it'd be the smart thing to do since a fun game makes more money than a hype scam, which stop working after people stop trusting you.
Lol
Ya they need to end master chiefs story and expand like Bungie did.
Reach had a different multi but it was fun as it was balanced AKA skill based, and people still play it now. 5's campaign was the worst one ever by far. A Call of Duty abortion.

>closer
Doesn't mean they had sex, dipshit.

You need to go back to your country, that wall isn't going to build itself.

Reclaimer = Reclaim. Reclaim what? The Mantle.
The Mantle belongs to the humans, not the Created or the Forerunners.
What the point? Protect the universe, Humans MUST protect all living species within the universe.
Who the fuck is the Reclaimer? Maybe the Chief. He represents the humans but he is not a human at all, he was raised to be a machine, how can a machine created for war can be the one who reclaim what's mean being a human? And that's the porpuse of the Trilogy Chief and the last message from the non-crazy Cortana, who is the Machine? A dude who looks like a fucking robot or a non-organic beings who actually have feelings.
Both, Chief and Cortana, represent something that''s human but neither is human at all.
Also you can put the Didact plotline here and the Guardians but all of this is related with salty Forerunner autism.

Attached: sjDQ4Qe.jpg (2100x1200, 317K)

>when that old Halo OST comes back

I just want to feel like that again. It's not even about the game being good. I just want to go back

yes it does

/mc9k/
>tfw no ai gf

They're bringing back the old music in Infinite.

WHY DOES THIS LOOK LIKE PLASTIC?! REEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

>still no source
Keep moving your goalposts.

D E E P
wtf is the Mantle?

I've given you the source, stop moving your goalposts

A philosophical shit that says You MUST protect the living species.
Why? Because the previous civilization (Precursors) who ruled the galaxy say it.
And your race needs to do the same and then pass the Mantle to the next civilation and the circle nevers ends.

You given jackshit.

Literally the word of God.

ladies ladies, even if his dick DOES work, he would never fuck either of you

>he doesn’t know
So you didn’t play any game.
Shame.

This

OP got none of course.

>it was all a dream

super gay
a lot less gay than 4 and 5 though

And The Precursors are the Flood and probably the previous race who owned the Mantle it was the Flood who killed the Precursors, the Flood is something like a Great Filter.
So the Mantle means Protect the universe from whatever specie who previusly owned the Mantle becuase they probably are Floods now.

I forget this.

>protheans
>better than the flood

Attached: copy what.jpg (457x467, 51K)

It wasn't just a dream, Cortana went insane from rampancy during cryosleep. Before she died, she made Chief think she could use nano-machines to fuck up his MK VI armor and biceps, then tortured him with memories of Halo 4 and 5.

personally, both the prometheans and the flood were unfun to fight.

This but they make the Covenant less boring.

>prometheans better than the flood
>Chief and Cortana's story being better in Halo 4 than 3

Attached: 1512827871816.jpg (564x564, 112K)

i dont get it

Covenant is too cheesy.
>AHAHAHAHA LOOOOOOOOL THE GRUNTS
>WORT WORT
>WOOOOOAH A GIANT APE YEEEEEEEEEEEAH
>OMG 1 SHOT 1 DEAD HUNTER
I don't want this shit again.

Stop denying it, also Kelly is always on top

The Flood are better in the way they contrast the Covenant and force the player to adapt a new playstyle.
>Covenant: get to cover and pick off priority targets at range
>Flood: run and gun
>Prometheans: get to cover and pick off priority targets at range

The Banished are SAVAGE.

Attached: 1200px-HW2_Blitz_Boundless_fury.jpg (1200x855, 249K)

This but they should keep sprint in.

Gameplay > Story
Bungie knew that and focused on gameplay. 343 should do movies not videogames.

Attached: 949C26F8-658F-4674-8BE1-FC3213A2530F.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>First
>Smart AI's exist for 400 years by the time of first Halo

Is this Failo or Gayhammer?

You know sprint came from Reach

It looks like Queers of War.

Yes but what are you trying to get at? I never implied it didn't come from Reach.

>shitty 343 fanfiction
Humans=Forerunner

Attached: StatenAFact.png (922x162, 43K)

No one gives a fuck who Kelly is, Halo is a game series and the games were always more canon than the books.

Gonna make sure I buy and play Halo 5 just before I play Halo Infinite when I get a Scarlett.

you forgot the part where the promethean's tracking projectiles follow you around the corner and kill you before your shields start to recharge. honestly, what the fuck was 343 thinking?

Something made by Crapcum.

halo 4 had shit cod-like gameplay but everyone agreed that it had good writing, you bandwagon faggot

This

This, sir.
Get rid of the shitty 343 fanfic and just used the established Bungie lore. But no, for the faggots whose first Halo experience was mummy reading them the Forerunner trilogy before bed, they decide to keep three novels worth of convoluted material that retcons the past 3 games (you know, the only ones that anyone like) and a book by Staten, just so they can "Make their own mark" on the Halo franchise. Fuck the 343tards, fuck 343 and fuck whoever decided to retcon half of Halo's lore.

Attached: this is how 343tards unironically think.png (2300x218, 70K)

again, I don't see how how 5 introduces blue team is any more nonobviouis then with miranda.

>I assumed cheif was the last spartan
The only time MC was ever called the last spartan was in marketing and the manueal for CE, it was rectonned instantly after CE launched.

> all with information that's required to understand what the fuck is happening in Halo 4.

Again, end this fucking meme; 4's plot is shit but it litterally explains more about the shit that happens in itself then any other halo game, see nah, 4's writing is shit.

trhe forerunner novels didn't retcon shit, Halo 3's marketing campaign and terminals already established that foreurnners and humans were seperate, we litterally have interviews with bungie empployees stating that as of Halo 3 they had no concrete plan for what the precise human-forerunner relation was.

That being said, aside from retconning forerunner novel stuff, would be great

Halo 4's story seemed pretty generic to me. Everyone circlejerks about how sad Cortanas death was but I was more fixated on the fact that the climax was a shitty two button quick time event. They built up the villain to be such a powerful force only to be snubbed off just like that at the end, naw halo 4's writing was shit

No one reads or gives a fuck about the books. Glad Blue Team are gone and never coming back they shouldn't have even been in a Halo game, to begin with. Can't wait for Infinite to piss off all the lorefags.

This was always my headcanon

The war against the Covenant was an entirely defensive though

Not the user you're arguing with, but yah you haven't provided any sort of proof besides some reading between the lines of your own.

>Guilty Spark straight up calls you a Forerunner in Halo 3
>You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. YOU ARE FORERUNNER! But this ring, is mine.
>Truth says the forerunners are our ancestors
>Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
>Gravemind calls Humans the children of the Forerunners.
>Child of my enemy why have you come? I offer no forgiveness, the sins of the father pass on to his son.
Joe Staten was cut scene director for Halo 1, 2 and 3. Humans=Forerunner is his idea, and its been confirmed in the games as well as in his Contact Harvest which was released AFTER Halo 3, which blows "Muh terminals, muh marketing material" the fuck out.
>Terminals
>Marketing material
They dont mean shit when put in direct contradiction to the in game dialogue and cutscenes. If you think they do, then consider yoursefl a fan of Terminals and marketing, not Halo.
>ex-bungie employee
If you want to talk about interviews from Bungie employees, what about the ones where Staten talks about how he was feuding with the writers about Halo 3 and had to pretty much force them to do Humans=Forerunners.

Attached: basedhalofags.png (984x339, 56K)

No, fuck this and fuck you, sprint never belonged in Halo

you just don't like change

Attached: baited.gif (500x207, 3.06M)

Would you have to decanonize Halo Wars 1 & 2?

I don't see how people could think that Humans aren't related to Forerunners. It's stated several times, and even in Halo CE it's pretty obvious that they're related .

Fall of Reach was great, seethe more, a good work up of Blue Team in a game would be kino.

Fuck you're right, got me good

>Same fucking shit here, Blue Team isn't given any less context or less explanation then Miranda Keyes, Hood, or the Prophets are in Halo 2.

Context is everything. The Prophets are introduced in the beginning of H2 and it's pretty obvious they're the ones in charge, we didn't need a full backstory on them.

Miranda Keyes well, she's the daughter. Same here, only the lore explains that her father banged Dr.Halsey and she's their daughter but it's not a huge point.

Hood is just random military commander.

It's like comparing the Emperor from Star Wars and Snoke. In the Emperor's case, the way he interacts with Vader that was the big bad and his troops is enough to give you what you need to know about him. Snoke comes years later with like 15 years of backstory on Palpatine and how Snoke's mere existence is compromised by this.

It's not good storytelling when the MC becomes space-jesus and you have to read all the books to understand what the fuck the Didact is talking about. Simple as that, not to mention all the retarded shit, honestly during Halo 3's period I've read better fan fictions about the Forerunners than anything 343 gave us

Attached: 1557915081090.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

>make halo like cawadooty
>Sells more than a true to genre game
Woah it’s like you’re a wizard

>promethians were better than the flood
opinion immediately disregarded

If I'm not mistaken, the whole Human-Covenant war is because Prophets discovered that the Human race was the true heir of the Forerunners legacy and they couldn't deal with it because otherwise the whole Covenant thing would've fallen apart

Attached: 1550642705406.jpg (1920x1240, 532K)

One thing I can say for 4, which isn't much given that it literally could have been just some fanart somewhere, is the visual design of the forerunners. It's just generally interesting seeing another concept of a bipedal mammalian race, like a different version of how life could have gone for us.

>Will never experience a Halo game where you simply play a marine who looks like the colonial marines out of aliens

My crack theory is that the terminals and reclaimer saga are just an elaborate revenge plot to shit on Joe's vision. Maybe it was because he stopped British Cortana, or Miranda conspiring with the Covenant to betray the Chief, I don't know.

But think of what Bungie did to O'Donnell.
Someone among the higher ups, possibly a group, has a personal vendetta against all the talent that made Halo good. Consider this - what kind of person who likes Halo, makes one without co-op splitscreen?

Attached: 1200px-HW-Red_Team.jpg (1200x675, 173K)

Me too
Have you ever seen the documentaries about 4 and 5 being made?
They KNEW they could never match the original Human vs Covenant dynamic
They KNEW the Prometheans and whatever else they were doing wasn't as cool as the original conflict

Nobody would fault them for going back to right after the end of 3

The Didact is like 2 times the size of a Spartan, none of the architecture you see in the previous games hinted at this.
Not to mention the whole "Tron" lights thing with space magic.

Also, the Prometheans that look like some Bionicle OC from 2009.

What bothers me the most is that 4 could've been way better. I mean they should've kept a simple story. MasterChief get lost on a Forerunner planet, awakens the Didact, turns out he's some kind of warlord disgusted by what the Forerunners/Humans have become or whatever and he becomes the main bad of the trilogy.

based

I agree. I was quoting the post I replied to but I forgot the meme arrow for the first line.

I just mean how the species looks, forget about all the armor and things like height, magic abilities, etc.
Kind of like Ape-mole people with a little bit of reptile thrown in there.

Though wasn't the Didact supposed to be like super-exceptional? idk, I'm not saying Halo 4 was good here

If most at Bungie didn't agree with that Human = Forerunner shit didn't they never were one and the same. Joe has only directed Halo 1-3 cutscenes and he wrote Halo 2, just Halo 2 and after that, he went on to retcon his own work on Halo 2 with Halo ODST. I'm not defending Bungie here but maybe they threw out his script for Destiny because it was just that shit I mean his story for ReCore and Crackdown 3 wasn't good. How can I take Joe's words seriously if the man can't even stay consistent with the shit he writes himself. Now can you two shut the fuck up, stop copy pastaing your shit everywhere and get over it, Joe's writing in Halo 2 wasn't even that good and Halo 1 had better writing and it was simple while also being written by someone without a fucking Elite fetish. What Bungie says goes, Joe's words mean shit compared to a majority opinion, Humans ≠ Forerunners, now go back to Mexico and get you some tacos. Also, bookfag don't take this post as me defending you because you're just as autistic as these two retards.

didnt they say this was a soft reboot?

I don't remember all my forerunner lore but Didact was of the warrior class/caste or whatever they call it. They basically evolve to fit the role they're given. Most of them were smaller, they had a range of heights.

(You)
*then

You tooI missed you

Halo Wars 1 would definitely be fine. I'm pretty sure it even uses recovered wash-out Spartans.
Dunno much about Halo Wars 2, except that they took like a decade or two off Captain Cutter and changed Dr. Anderson's race.

Attached: Misunderstood BLEACHED fetish.png (621x304, 267K)

I see the ODST retcon stuff popping up everywhere, what exactly was so inaccurate about ODST? I know the big thing when it first came out was the complaints about the main enemies being Brutes, but that's probably because they were using H3 as a base and didn't want to program Elite enemies.

If I remember correctly they enhance themselves whenever they can and The Didact actually did it a lot to see if he could escape the Flood's infection.

Still, it doesn't really makes sense, a few inches taller than the Chief is more than enough to make him threatening physically

Who fucking cares, I'm not wasting my time reding bookshit especially when the games are more canon.

wtf do they have race reassignment surgery in the haloverse now?

Honestly probably yes

>they enhance themselves whenever they can
they do a kind of adaptive gene therapy based on what kind of work they're doing

I've read the same about Reach and honestly except maybe the fact that Spartan-II aren't mentionned or seen during the invasion is the only thing I could think of

Do we know of any AIs which refused the singularity?

I don't wanna lose my man BB

There was no ODST falling in New Mombasa at the end of the Metropolis level in Halo 2, Truth's fleet being on Earth that fast contradicts Halo 2, Elites already dead as soon as Buck lands in the city and the Elite vs Brute thing already happened contradicting Halo 2 as well. Then there's the UNSC gear, weapons, and vehicles not being the ones from Halo 2. Even the city doesn't look the same, Joe could have tried to be consistent with his own fucking writing. Please don't try to defend it.

You wouldn't have to if they did it right, you can incorporate elements from the EU without alienating the core players. It's just 343i is fucking terrible at doing that and you're salty because of it.

the flood also used this against them, as they were very good infection targets because of it

>I'm getting older...
>Hmm...
>Maybe sexy /asian/ professor??

But once again, Blue Team didn't need to be in the game and they didn't need to throw out Halo's one-man army power fantasy for some half-assed squad-base garbage.

I just remember reading that the one area humanity advanced most in in the halo universe was medical
almost all diseases are cured, cancer etc.
they can make super soldiers

I figure they can turn you into an asian milf if you want, it is within their power

and now they've reverse engineered forerunner technology so go wild

They're side effects of being revived from cryo, one day you just wake up with the body of a black man in his 30's.

>Though wasn't the Didact supposed to be like super-exceptional?

He was commander in chief of entire forerunner military. He supposed to be strongest, smartest warrior with access to the most advanced military technology forerunners can muster

They're not that advanced since Human clones are dying fast and they couldn't match with the S-II program, only rip-offs

well sure but the Spartan program is still really pushing the limits - the things they put people through are insane

but if you wanted to change your skin color, that's probably an in-and-out operation

playing 5s campaign was a complete chore even with friends, it was the first halo game we didnt run all the way through on legendary because we just stopped giving a fuck completely after about the third mission

is there any better feeling that doing a first legendary co-op run with your friend(s) who've you've been doing that with since 2001?
no there isn't

A lot of that is just explained by it being a H3 engine spin-off though. Some of the timing things are kind of awkard, the ODST dropping thing always stuck out to me as such a dumb nitpick though. There's no way in H2 that they showed the entire skyline from every angle, and that an ODST drop could have just happened off-camera. There was already covenant on Earth prior to Truth's fleet arriving, so it's not like Buck having things to fight right after landing was too far-fetched. I could be wrong though, it's been years since I've last played through that game

Blue Team are here since Bungie, the way they're introduced in H5 by 343 is terrible.
One line of dialogue or one cutscene would've been more than enough to tell a newbie who they are.

The gap betwen Halo 3 and H4/5 is really horrible. Even fans didn't understand what the fuck was going on simply because they didn't buy some books. Bungie were smart about this, their books gave a lot of cool stories about the war and expanded the lore greatly without alienate anyone.

What are the chances Chief dies in H:I?

fucking zero

They probably won't.

But I'm hoping that someday we get other spin-offs like ODST or Reach and the main games are MC.

0%, they'd be killing off the mountains of money they get by keeping him alive.

Yep.
It was all just a bad dream.

Why do people hate sprint? It speeds up gameplay and gives more options.

I'm not defending H5, I just fucking love the idea of a really well done Blue Team.

I don't need you to explain this shit, just accept the fact that Joe fucked up and call it a day.

Blue Team came from three books Bungie barely any involvement in so, in other words Halo the Fall of Reach through First Strike were the least canon books in the series until their re-writes but even then the books were always less canon in the games, book shit should stay in the books

The "day at the beach" cutscene from Halo 2 showed that some ODST were already in NM

It's been years since I've played those games, might check

Is that what happened to Johnson? :0

Zero, he's the main character of all mainline Halo games going forward.

CHIEF USED TO READ WORD UP MAGAZINE

>Blue Team came from three books Bungie barely any involvement in so, in other words Halo the Fall of Reach through First Strike were the least canon books in the series until their re-writes but even then the books were always less canon in the games, book shit should stay in the books

That's pretty much what everyone is saying with 343. Bungie (except maybe with Reach) never expected you to read the books to understand the plot, and the game didn't contradict them either.

*then the games

Except it fucking doesn't. The boot up screen in his helmet shows that the model is from the year Halo 5 takes place.

It'd make sense if Didact put Cortanas face on an another forerunner program, in order to bait the chief into his hands

otherwise it'd just be Cortana getting a new car and driving off with a 'fuck you dad'

Just at least respond to my point about the ODST drops, like that's the only one that I care to see a proper answer to

what are the chances ash dies in the anime

I'm not him, but it was only a few of them and a lot was going on
Wouldn't they be quite difficult to see?

hey user, what took you so long? Traffic?

Exactly, I'm bothered by this though, about to go look up the drop cutscene

There wasn't any drop in New Momobasa, Joe retconned it in to make his story for ODST and then preceded to retcon the rest of Halo 2 to shove he Brutes in there early. Even the ending doesn't make any sense, how is the Ark portal still buried when it was uncovered almost completely in Halo 3's Tsavo Highway and Chief just fell out of Truth's ship. Joe was inconsistent with both Halo 2 and 3 when he wrote ODST.

Care to remind which character was fucked up by plasma fire at the end of Reach and had to get put in cryo?

I may be misremembering it being someone from blue team.

>instead of instantly bouncing back with the S.S "FUCK POETIC PROSE INFINITY-BOBINITY BIGGEST SPAECE SHIP EVAR!1!!", the UNSC is militaristically crippled by the loss of Reach and, oh yeah, most of human fucking civilization
This still annoys me to this fucking day. I don't care how advanced the tech you got is from reverse-engineering shit, humans were on the fucking brink of being deleted from the universe. Humanity doesn't have the manpower to construct or maintain tech that's been shat out in Halo 4.

guilty spark literally tells you straight to your face "YOU ARE FORERUNNER, BUT THIS RING IS MINE!" before he tries to kill you at the end of halo 3 how the fuck did they establish the forerunners and humans were seperate

Attached: humans forerunner.gif (250x140, 2.43M)

>Joe is in charge of gear, weapon, map, vehicle design
Holy autism, if you and the elite faggot who keeps spamming his shit commissions killed themselves the quality of Halo Yea Forums threads would improve 12 fold.

I looked it up too, I remember them being up high in the atmosphere but they really did drop pretty far into New Mombasa's skyline

I guess you might have seen them, it is a bit of an inconsistency

What bothers me the most is the UNSC equipment being so inconsistent across nearly all of the games, but that is somewhat unavoidable. Halo will never have airtight writing but as the great george lucas said you can mitigate the effects.

Not him but did you miss my post earlier , shut the fuck up about this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=8QZI2Jv0EVs

skip ahead to about 3:45

>People taking the Halo 3 terminals as fucking hard canon
>The terminals that LITERALLY say the Halo array firing is in fact the Great Journey and that the Prophets were right all along

Attached: 1549495516989.png (552x543, 358K)

>What bothers me the most is the UNSC equipment being so inconsistent across nearly all of the games, but that is somewhat unavoidable. Halo will never have airtight writing but as the great george lucas said you can mitigate the effects.

Because they have to bring new stuff everytime. But honestly they're supposed to have soldiers from a shit ton of planets, I don't expect them to have all the same uniforms or even technology, especially during the final stages of the war where Humanity was on the eve of extinction mere days before the events of Halo CE

If you Mexicans go back to your shit country and stop sucking Bungie's post-Halo 3 balls all the time Halo threads would be better, so you gonna go back to complaining about Chief's Infinite armor looking like plastic again, amigo?

ding ding ding we have a winner

Because 3 happened after the ending of ODST? And there was a drop, you just didn't see it in H2

"this ones containment, and this ones great journey are the same"

Because it didn't exist in Halo 2, I'm all for considering Bungie shit after Halo 3 non-canon. you Mexicans can keep playing that shit though, they don't fit with Halo 1-3.

Then do tell why a Forerunner AI would refer to a genocidal weapon as a "great journey?"

The Great Journey wasn't Halo's firing dumbass, to the Forerunners it was leaving the galaxy after Halo's firing.

Who would they replace him with? Locke? LOL

Yah just finished the two cutscenes. Probably the source of the complaint is this shot, but if you look at the ODST cutscene, they're pretty close to the ship already by the time the slipspace portal opens and explodes, you can easily just say that they're covered in the explosion in that shot.

Attached: h2jump.png (1921x1082, 1.57M)

Or you can just say it's a retcon and stop defending post-Halo 3 Bungie's bullshit out of your ass.

Just like real life, but humans are christians, forerunners god and prophets are jews

"of all the objects our lord left behind, there are none so worthless as JESUS"

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHEN HALO MCC FOR PC IS COMING OUT?!

Lmao, I was called a Mexican today.

Soon

>to the Forerunners it was leaving the galaxy after Halo's firing.
And why didn't the Forerunners just leave in the first place? The most common tactic against "beating" the Flood was to simply outpace them with slipspace jumps.

Attached: 1551476457622.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Yeah, all of the ODST pods are right behind or obscured by the covenant cruiser. It makes sense you wouldn't really see them, it all happened so fast.

Plus obvious limitations and the fact that they never planned for ODST to be made so they didn't put ODST pods in the background there.

To me, that's a pretty small inconsistency and one I'm willing to forgive because ODST was nice stuff

So would that make it a prequel? plus retard they confirmed it was a sequel to Halo 5: Guardians.

Because the Flood would have eaten the galaxy, dumb dumb.

Seething hot
bro relax, we're just talking about Halo here, if you have an actual argument go ahead but otherwise chilllll

It's in soft reboot territory
aka it takes place after Halo 5 but you are going to be hard pressed to know that except for cortana being a thing

Another problem with ODST being canon, in Halo 2 the space elevator was in the center of the city, in ODST it's on a separate island, ODST can't be canon.

don't worry he's pretty blatantly just shitposting.

The intent seems to be that people who left at Halo 3 can jump right into Halo Infinite and feel like they didn't miss anything

I'm so bad at detecting that shit. That's twice in one thread I've been had.

They'd have eaten organic life, technological life wouldn't give a flying fuck and is a hard counter to Flood life. The Forerunners, according to 343, were already turning beings into full blown machines.

Where would you hide galaxy spanning civilisation?

ODST comes later so it is canon, retroactively
That's what retcon means
retroactive continuity

but now you've detected it twice
you're learning

Why should I stop, Halo 1, 2, and 3 fit with each other, ODST and Reach retcon the shit out of them, I'm never going to accept either game because of it, as far as I'm concerned they fit the same category as the books, comics, and that stupid ass ODST arcade game 343 released, if it can't fit with Halo 1-3, it doesn't matter.

not that simple because they've dragged Halo Wars 2 into that lore as well.
It's probably too late to change the lore at this point.
HW1 is unrelated to 343i's story
343i can't make characters that are as good as Bungie's so they recycle old ones.

Attached: 1549870146169.jpg (600x600, 93K)

Nope, Halo 1-3 are canon, ODST isn't alongside Reach, they would have to fit within the first three games, fit Halo 4 and 5 along with Halo 1 and 2's remakes, why can't ODST and Reach do the same, H2A even uses the Halo 2 city not the ODST one so how can I consider ODST canon?

Reminder that gravemind is partly responsible for Cortana's onset of rampancy
Tech is not entirely immune, at least, not the data-hungry human AIs

reach was not a retcon? it was in the lore all the way back to halo 1s release the fuck you talkin bout it was even mentioned in the first minute of halo 1

*if Halo 4 and 5 along with Halo 1 and 2 remakes can fit in with Halo 1-3

Reach is a huge s retcon just to fit in the canon, you Mexicans tell yourself this to fit in with us Americans, go back to putting hot sauce on everything.

captain keys literally explains in almost the first sentence of the first game that they just came from reach and that the fleet around halo was 50 times smaller than the one they just ran away from at reach

people who say Reach (the game) is a retcon are talking about how Fall of Reach (the book) portrayed the events very very differently

What specifically was retconned that offends you so much?

Reach is a mess if we make a thread later today I will go in detail just why that pile of trash doesn't fit in canon. I'm going to bed now.
Fuck ODST
Fuck Reach
Fuck post-Halo 3 nuBungie
and Fuck Mexicans
Good Night

oh i see, but how does it conflict with the book? its been years since ive read it but i dont seem to recall anything conflicting what are the main points of contention?

Who cares about that, later on, today I will go into detail on how both ODST and Reach contradict Halo 1-3, I couldn't care less if any game contradicted the books, lorefags deserve to be shit on.

Eh, it's just a lot different. When the covenant arrive, how the battles play out, how long the battles take. It's all different in the book.

Halo: Reach basically said "fuck your book" and told the story the way it wanted to. I understand why people don't like that.

i hate you...

Linda.

Why don't you go buy a nice mic and some video editing software and make a 3 hour video essay about it then faggot
I really want more people to do that because I like that kind of content

Yeah but it's just Bungie retconning their own stuff. Halo is a series that has lots of retcons, it doesn't have spotless worldbuilding or whatever. It tries.

Friendly Reminder: OP is not hetro anymore.
OPs post takes place during the (You) era
This is the faggot from reddit

I hope Halo ends with Cortana having Chiefs kids.

>blasted with a giant laser right through his chest
>heeeeeeeeeeell chief u think some floating data orb can kill me?
wtf 343

Why does Halo 4 get so much hate? I have never played it.

This is the beauty of it.
>all books are out
>despite "Fall of Reach" out of the way, Reach is still gone
>only Halo1-3 are canon, but also hates Joe Staten who had a prominent role in their writing and directing to the point of being in the dev commentaries with Jason and Marty
>firmly Forerunners != Humans even though Joe's trilogy material clearly screams the opposite (Contact Harvest, regardless of canon, also makes his opinion pretty blatant)
>adheres to shitty Halo 3 Terminals that Joe's writing disregards and 343i accepts as canon in the form of a deranged, pointless collection of lies written to confuse you
>everything post 3 is out, including ODST
>plastic armor is good, but still fuck 343i
This opinion is crafted to pretty much be the ultimate bait contrarian. No one naturally draws this combination of conclusions, it doesn't exist.
The only way I would make it better is to insist that a random collection of shorts from Halo: Legends is in fact canon.

Attached: 2442_4.jpg (728x409, 212K)

This kid is a bit of a faggot but: youtube.com/watch?v=oBv8UVOSG8U&t=1410s
His most salient point is the ass weapon sandbox at 20:15, and also how tedious/no fun allowed Knights are to fight.

Other issues people had was that a lot of the story relied on reading bookshit to know what the fuck was going on, and CoDshit being implemented in multiplayer. I can't remember if they let you spawn with plasma pistols in BTB, but I know that the pocket hand shotgun was controversial as an instant kill weapon you could spawn with by default. Forget if it was in Slayer or some other shit.

Anything after Halo: Glasslands (2011) is not canon because Dr. Halsey is canonically dead. She was punched in the face by a Beta Company Spartan-III at full force while they were wearing SPI. She's fucking dead. Karen Traviss saved Halo by being a retarded whore.

What is your favorite Halo book, bros?

ayyy ese, how about you come swing by my barrio and say that shit to me and the homies?

They said they were planning flights for later this month.
But they also said that back in March, for late April. And that the entire trilogy would be released within the year.

So clearly never ever is the actual answer.

>firmly Forerunners != Humans even though Joe's trilogy material clearly screams the opposite (Contact Harvest, regardless of canon, also makes his opinion pretty blatant)

Why did 343 change it?

I fucking agree user, i stand with you on this fight

>(You
If I mad a video essay about Humans=Forerunner would you watch it and subscribe?

there are already trilogy cutscene movies on youtube

Yeah, but 343tards clearly havent played Halo 1-3.

What was canon in the Bungie era of Halo?

Read the thread and watch this shit to get a basic concept of Joe Staten
youtube.com/watch?v=EwfnAM3dBrM
youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM

Why didn't Joe write Halo 3 or Reach?

Humans were Forerunner. It was the whole reason for the war to begin with. Truth found out from a monitor that was on Harvest, and they covered it up and used the humans as a punching bag to keep the covenant together. It also explains why humans are the only ones able to activate the Halo array, and why the portal was left on Earth that led to the Ark. Also there are like 3 different characters that call humans forerunners across all the main trilogy.
Literally the only thing that contradicts this (barely) is 1 terminal. Even though the terminal doesn't actually call humans and forerunners seperate, it just says that "The creatures of this planet are special, each and every one of them" which could mean different species of animal.

He did write/direct H3 they just never did a commentary.

>and why the portal was left on Earth that led to the Ark.

Wasn't The Ark originally on Earth?

No, just the portal to it.

>20:17 in HCE

>22:17*

>Humans were Forerunner.
lol no

>No, just the portal to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Fn8FI5thQo

yeah, if it was good
There's a surprising lack of Halo lore content worth watching out there and I always enjoy a good video essay

4 was good story wise desu multiplayer was trash. 5 was bad in general.

I guess it really is about execution.

same

Ghosts of Onyx