Why does nobody talk about this game?

Why does nobody talk about this game?

Attached: Hunt_ Showdown.jpg (600x800, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ObAqK8a-W9w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its an interesting concept that is executed well, but its a very specific type of fun. i doubt a lotta people on here even play it enough

Poorly optimized piece of shit. Had to refund it

it was extremely poorly optimized so i couldnt play it

When did you play the game? Performance has been excellent for months. Even the Xbox version runs well.

fuck off giggles

Im amazed at how fucking hard is to get a good fps this days, I have been looking for something fun and fast paced that isn't a fucking battle royale and its impossible, the only good candidate is titanfall 2 but I heard it's dead on pc, any recommendations?

It's too niche and hardcore for most people.

I hope they add a mode with 4 player squads.

Conceptually fun game, but I'm waiting until they add a lot more to it. Having only 2-3 boss monsters and 2-3 common enemy types got boring really quickly.

Very fun game for an unfortunately small audience. The full release is coming very soon, they should advertise it a bunch then amd get an influx of new players. Optimization is pretty good now and most issues are ironed out, jst need a handful of new monsters and bosses

but Dark Souls is "niche and hardcore" and Yea Forums won't shut up about it. What makes Hunt so different?
is it because it takes actual skill?

Is it optimised yet?

It seems like it'd be a lot of fun if it didn't run at 5fps

You can't succeed at Hunt by memorizing simple attack patterns and repeating them over and over. Hunt can be brutally difficult at times.

Reminder that Hunt is having a free weekend currently.

There's a free weekend right now. It's running pretty smoothly for me
E being spooky sight and F being interact keeps throwing me off though

The only way Hunt can be saved is through waifu culture. Sell obscenely overpriced costumes for the female hunters they're adding in 1.0

Reminder to not spook crows and duckies, melee the grunts, dont shoot or pierce/slash the fiery niggas and listen for audio cues. Have fun in the free weekend, bros

Attached: Hunt-Showdown1500.jpg (800x368, 51K)

>tfw no demon hunter cowgirl gf to kill other hunters with
feels bad man
>dont shoot or pierce/slash the fiery niggas
>slash the fiery niggas
shoulda told me before I got half my health blown away motherfucker

They refuse to introduce level tiers and people are tired of matching with maxed out players with all the best gear.

Gannon?

Attached: crows.jpg (646x655, 97K)

is this game basically cowboys and spooky shit?

Yeah, cowboys who hunt evil shit for ameribucks

Learn 2 aim & git gud. Bullets kill people fast regardless of the metal tube you shoot them out of.

The element of surprise is an important tool. Dont waste it.

Attached: 1517809446121.gif (678x422, 155K)

can you fan the hammer and shoot all around whatever you shoot at like in the cartoons?

yeah, theres a perk which you can give ur character that lets u fan the hammer. Theres also a chain revolver with like 20 bullets that u can spray people with for the meme

yeah. thats an early level hunter perk you can get. Its lets you ruin your accuracy and look cool doing it.

Attached: 1515815851647.jpg (500x397, 82K)

thanks nerds im gonna give this game a try and do nothing but hammer fanning like a true retard

enjoyable but after a few playthoughs after beating both bosses it got a bit boring and samey.

the chain revolver is a riot.

I love the guns in this game.

Attached: 1534986013035.png (664x720, 382K)

okay I know it's still in beta and all but what if they had Famous Western Movie Character cosmetic DLCs?
>Django
>Blondie
>Manco
>Joe
>Rooster Cogburn
>Angel Eyes (And Mortimer, they're basically the same character design wise)
>Tuco
>Lone Ranger
>Maverick

Attached: 1646557.png (1080x1145, 877K)

It fell off because gamers are ADHD and lose interest if it doesn't get updated super frequently

The game is really good atm and WAY better and more optimised than earlier builds, easily the best br-like game out right now

Play free weekend the game is in a great state

That's the thing, it's BR-like. Your mission isn't to kill the other players, it's to find and kill the boss. Killing other players is secondary to your objective.

I'm DLing it now. The concept sounds pretty interesting.

Gotta be careful with that shit. Lawyers love to go after anything that could net them some copyright lawsuit money.

Attached: 310 to yuma charlie.jpg (1800x2710, 264K)

I cant kill the butcher or spider. I get hit once and end up on fire or spit with acid or something and i dont have enough time to stop it before i end up getting hit and killed again.

I honestly got spooked the first time I saw another player. I hadn't seen anyone in two games and in the third, I was approaching the butcher and suddenly BAM I'm dead.
I love it
If they get the official license for the characters, they could potentially do it. Besides, aren't some characters, especially from early westerns, free real estate?
Keep shooting until they die. Take the time when they back off to heal. Poison just pauses healing, so don't worry about it, worry about filling the fucker with lead

Daily reminder that if you run out to extract as soon as you get the first bounty and the second one is still not claimed then you are a pussy faggot and your family is dissappinted by you

very true

>play solo
>sneak around for for ten minutes
>get sniped in the head by a level 100 guy

because it was shit.

Attached: 1455175395588.jpg (640x480, 64K)

rebind your controls retard

fuck those burning skeleton niggers

Discord ruined it

I remember a thread from august that read like the shilliest shillpost ever conceived and decided to ignore the game forever as a result

Battle Royale shit

>Battle Royale shit
I don't think it technically counts as Battle Royale because the goal isn't to kill other players. (Although it does have a mode along those lines.) Battle Royale by its nature is about being the last person standing in PvP combat.

Oh fuck, good lookin out user. Will try it.

it's also on sale
only 20% off so zzz

I literally cannot even get the game to start on Steam.

Great game.

Not on PS4 so it technically doesn't even exist. Same for deep rock galactic

>N-No just get gud

And the player count continues to dwindle as you refuse to face facts.

It seems to have steadied around 3k. Not bad, honestly.
more players than F13

Has the player count dwindled? I thought it had remained at a fairly stable 2-3k daily peak for the past year.

An elite group of players all supplied by one specific cheat developer with good, always up to date hacks is ruining the game. EAC cant do shit to this kind of thing. It can only detect shit-tier youtube cheats with crypto miner included.

Streamers usually play with cheating partners who just call out people without context from half a map away and push them or just headshot them as soon as they are in visibility.

Or some streamers just cheat themselfes lol. For example if you watch archieTV you can see that he just ignores the whole *dont be loud* part of the game and runs around killing ai controlled monsters with a gun, and then magically senses any players and just kills them in one shot. He usually has to fake his surprise because sometimes when aiming at grunts he shoots a nearby wall and lands a headshot.

I still play very often and i do like the game, but its fucked up how content producers are untouchable.

Attached: 1539702515464.png (609x709, 740K)

Apparently adding a field of view setting above "nauseating horse blinders" is beyond the ability of the devs

Just played with a rando for the first time. God damn that was fun

Attached: c00.jpg (444x332, 33K)

>1 shots you with my epic gear and skills from the corner i was hiding in waiting for you to walk by because i'm 30 levels higher than you
pssh nothin personell kid

Any "shooting" game that encourages people to hide more often than shoot is garbage by default, sorry

>Almost Level 100
>Almost 40k cash
>Stock of guns hoarded
>Still too scared to potentially die and lose my gear.

My video game OCD doesn't let me enjoy this game anymore

>Apparently adding a field of view setting above "nauseating horse blinders" is beyond the ability of the devs
Are you referring to the console version? PC version has had FOV slider for a while now. The FOV slider can't realistically go much higher than it does already. Extremely high FOV starts causing body animation fuckery.

What even is this game? I spent an hour finding clues without running into a single player but the game said someone else found a clue so I know I wasn't alone, the timer runs out just as I finally locate the bounty so I frantically fight it alone with 2 minutes left and die. Is this a co-op game or will other players shoot me on sight?

bump

>Took an hour to find three clues
How do you manage that?
Also, yeah, everyone wants the bounty and nobody's allowed to share (unless you co-op)

youtube.com/watch?v=ObAqK8a-W9w This trailer is one of the best gameplay trailers I've ever seen. So well done with the music and edits. Downloading the trial still.

Just follow the light and finding clues should be easy.

>Kill a rando who's trying to steal my bounty
>He throws a lantern at me
>It hits the explosive barrel next to me
>mfw

Attached: ZPHz1D5Cre-8.png (300x250, 25K)

It was my first game, it took at least 20 minutes to put my big boy pants and venture out, I also didn't really understand the spooky vision thing until the last couple minutes and tweaked settings for a bit. I thought this was a coop game like vermintide, I might refund cause I'm allergic to battle royale games.

Seems you know well the drill, why not expose this to the media? Bankrupt these fuckers for the scummy tactics

That god damn theme though. They should release the full lyrical version already so I don't have to watch the quickplay trailer over and over again

>The Assassin

Attached: 1556012278459.png (325x300, 87K)

Bump

because its still in beta and its not even being advertised yet. Tarkov has an entire year on it and its the same boat. Release soon since they are pushing it out tho.

I hope the full game will be well known and get a large player community. Hate to see this game and crytek die down... It's obvious this screams quality and passion from the devs.
But I can see why people won't like it because of the low amount of content and the hardcore nature of it.

quit when i realized the guns are level up achievements, fucking lame having an uneven playing field

Because it's made from the assets of a much better cancelled game

Something that bothers me about Crytek is that they have heaps of talent working on their games, but the stories about management continue to be troubling.

Allegations include racial favoritism towards German and Turkish employees. Apparently people are promoted largely based on connections within the company instead of contributions, and this leads to people in charge who don't know what they're doing.

Crytek has been described as a company with hundreds of employees that is run as though it were made up of like 5 people. They need to clean house. They have great talent working for them, but they have persistent problems with management.

what game?

I'm pretty sure Hunt: Showdown has basically nothing from Hunt: Horrors of a Gilded Age in it. The project was scrapped and rebooted when they laid off Crytek USA.

imagine the bloodborne meets rdr undead nightmare meets pubg

They did have level based match making for a while but the population got so small they removed it.

dumbass with 1 shot weapon telling people to get good lmao

>look it up
>first video is literally a tier 2 hunter unchanged

Anyways thank fucking god they cancelled that shit
>third
>person

dodged a fucking mountain

Is it me or does the 2014 game look almost as good as rdr2? Maybe because rdr2 is open world it wouldn't look that good but it looked pretty good for 2014

its because its crytek on the cryengine

get in the game

oh for fucks sake, create account for a reward and get spam emails. Already losing hope 2 seconds in

your email provider gave away ur email info desu

It's Deadlands:the vidya
So yeah, soooky cowboy shit, except it takes place in a swamp.
A snow map with a Wendigo would be nice

Once you realise that the absolute best way to play this is to wait for the other people to do everything, then go full retard on them you stop giving a fuck about stealth etc.
Better to just run and gun.

It's balance is shit for quite some time and the game direction is all over the place now.

The devs are idiots and optimization is not part of the problem.
In their effort to casualize a game which was clearly designed to be hardcore, they made high lvl weapons useless and deaths are meaningless now.

The battles are still exciting and surprise really decides who wins each combat but the game has been effectively neutered, Veteran players will know what I mean.

Of course none of this matter to new players because they still will be stomped by veteran players till they get over the game's steep learning curve.

This game is a textbook example of how not to balance your game and how you should not listen to new player's balance advice on any game.

That's why I quit. There's nothing less enjoyable than a game that rewards you for afking in trees waiting for someone else to fight the boss.