1996-2019

pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/we-interview-junichi-masuda-and-shigeru-ohmori-about-pokemon-sword-and-pokemon-shield/

>Pokemon.com: What elements do you feel are essential to a core Pokémon RPG?
>Masuda: Poké Balls! (Laughs.)

I fucking hate Masuda

Attached: 1560294029306.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

obligatory wingull jet plane webm

Attached: 1560359739829.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

What does he mean "Poke balls"? Literally, I'm serious

Broke: Masuda is an asshole who doesn't care about his fans
Woke: Masuda is a Chad who doesn't give a shit about nerds' opinions

Attached: 1560477118120.png (880x209, 32K)

It would be pretty challenging to catch the same mon dozens of times, but then again isn't the Masuda method literally one of the better ways to get a shiny?

You think there'll be any fallout from this?

>playing baby first RPG

>23 years later
>still no Pokemon game focused on Pokemon
At least maybe they'll improve on the Wild Area in gen 10. Good thing I haven't bought a Pokemon game since gen6

nyoooooom

That really needs to be a .gif with Steelix popping in after a couple of seconds

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T TRANSFER MY TOTALLY LEGIT PERFECT IV SHINY ARCEUS INSIDE OF A BEAST BALL TO THE NEW GAMES?

POKEMON IS OVER

Imagine being a developer in 2019 developing a game for one of the most recognizable and most popular franchises out there and it turns out like this.

the only answer is to make pokemon more like dragon quest. take a good 3-4 years per game.

>everyone that wants to transfer is a hacker

Attached: 1549143669417.png (853x477, 435K)

The balls that master Satoshi rubs on his face

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-21-03-13-08-237_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg (1270x632, 178K)

I specifically remember claims during the 3DS era around the time X Y were coming out that the pokemon models were actually very highly detailed compared to what the 3DS really needed for the explicit purpose of being able to easily upgrade them as time went on with later games. The fuck ever happened to that?

>"MORE CONTENT BAD"

What is the outrage here?

That really was God awful when i watched it live.

Is the GO! team the ones making this game then?

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN I ACTUALLY HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME AND CAN'T JUST GEN IN SMOGONMON TO DESTROY CHILDREN ONLINE WITH

WHERE IS MY NEW MYSTERY DUNGEON!?

This shit would get torn apart by the general public if GameFreak didn't have the shield of nostalgia to protect them from any criticism

Attached: 1478222595300.jpg (357x402, 15K)

if you actually think this won't get hackers after this, you're in for a surprise

Have sex, manchild. Pokemon is moving on without you. Your parents hard earned money will finally be put to something better than your obsession to your "golden years"

Attached: 1556400576952.png (329x325, 59K)

based, fuck old pokemon i wish they removed them all

>There's no time to add all of the old Pokemon in one game, we're still updating those animations, see?

what's even more upsetting is that most people are mad about the exclusion of the national dex

Transferring Pokemon in isn't really even content, since even if they could be moved into the game, they'd normally be inaccessible.

MOMMY MOMMY DEY LEFT SOME OF THE POKEMANS OUT OF DA NEW POKEMAN GAMEY REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1519014658378.png (732x772, 34K)

>2019
>playing pokemon outside go and let's go

lol weirdos

Its Game Freak. Who even knows at this point. All I know is that they can barely cheap out anymore like they did during the 3DS era. God knows how bad things would have been if the Switch was the same spec-wise as a PS4.

HGSS were the first and last good games

Attached: 1533096746717.gif (500x375, 207K)

There are some things I really wanted out of a Pokemon game, but the execution of SwSh is lacking. Mentioned they had a 3+ year development cycle, so what gives?

Definitely. Gen V was when they put too much focus on story and multiplayer and everything else suffered for it

Turns out they can't be fucked animating those models.

I don't get the clouds in that pic.

Who the fuck cares about graphics talk about actual issues it's a turn based RPG you don't need amazing graphics to know what the fuck is happening I want them to focus on important shit.

Imagine going on Yea Forums and posting things like this

The point was to have a more natural on field interaction, like actual living things in nature. This point didn't work.

>We can make the pokémon world look more comfy and believable
>WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT GRAPHICS?
>WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT MODELS? JUST MAKE THE WHOLE GAME NUMBERS

who gives a fuck that's not why people play Pokemon literally just casual pandering graphics shit.

>everyone thought GF didn't implement overworld Pokemon cause the hardware couldn't handle it
>turns out it's because they can't into development at all
Now imagine what it'd have looked like had we gotten it during the 2D era

>Pikachu quaffs a full restore!

I'll play ascii-mon any day bro.

A proper roguelike SMT/Pokemon game could be pretty fun desuwa

Why are there seagulls in an inland grassland anyway? Didn't GF say they only wanted to include Pokemon that fit in with the region? Clearly that was another lie

I don't know about you user, but I see nothing but trash in that WEBM. Why WOULDN'T seagulls be around?

>WHO CARES ABOUT GAMEPLAY THE STORY IS IMPORTANT
>WHO CARES ABOUT THE STORY THE GRAPHICS ARE IMPORTANT
>WHO CARES CARES ABOUT THE GRAPHICS THIS SPECIFIC IMPORTANT THING I'M NOT EVEN DESCRIBING IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT
Can you RPGfags can sink any lower?

Ever played Demon? It's exactly what you're talking about.

Imagine defending Game Freak with a wojak.

Fuck, that explains why Trubbish is the game

>implying the wild area isn't getting cut along with every other feature in gen 8

who cares about any of the elements of the game, are the girls cute?

In the interview, even noted the reason why Pokemon series is distinct is how such strong emphasis is placed on all you see having the potential to become your friend. This is why things like following Pokemon and care minigames are popular.

I have not and it looks rad. Thank you user.

Attached: 1549678015138.gif (121x121, 37K)

Hmm, no it had a dev cycle of 1 year. Tow is getting a lot of attention to detail so that i can come on mobile and switch. They needed to flesh out that one location and 40 monsters in it. Alsondid you forget about lets go?Those were 2 fully fleshed games with over 100 pokemon. They needed to delay production on sword and shield for it. Please understand they dont have the resources to manage 2 titles, its hard.

It means he has no fucking idea what's core to the franchise and he just keeps churning out shit for cash. He doesn't think that deeply about the games because he just doesn't give a shit.

Attached: 1512905440441.jpg (550x512, 97K)

So I've never played pokemon since red and I need to get something straight.
Apparently you can transfer pokemon from previous games that you store in "Pokemon Home", am I understanding correctly?
How the fuck does this work? So you can transfer your team of 5 max level Mewtwos from the previous game into your fresh save of the new one?
How does that not break the game?

Who the fuck still plays pokemon in 2019?

This, what the fuck do you retards expect? You aren't the target audience anymore.

Different directors between Ultra Sumo, Let's Go PE, and Swoosh.

they wont listen to you until you have 8 badges since it counts as a traded pokemon

There at least better be cute girls to make my dick dynamax. The water chick is not doing it for me.

Same way it does in Gen I.
Mix of "You don't have the badges" and being an easy game outside of battle facilities and PvP so breaking doesn't matter.

Badges plus depending on the game they don't let you transfer either until a month after release or until you're postgame. It's like getting your friend to trade you a level 100 whatever to your new game.

Do you actually think that makes a difference in thay clique?They admited to using lets go asa base

>You aren't the target audience anymore.
Then explain the kanto remake

Yes, 30 year old men are the target audience, like most Nintendo products. Actual children are playing Fortnite and Minecraft.

I 100% agree. Pokemon has mostly been an exercise in shamelessly profiteering by combining an addictive base concept with bare-minimum effort since day 1, but those games were legit good with some actual care and consideration put into them.