How good do you think BotW 2 will be?

How good do you think BotW 2 will be?

Attached: BD798F16-0980-4BA8-8CBF-EF272CCF8347.jpg (1242x1384, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldauniverse.net/2019/06/12/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-is-darker-than-majoras-mask/#disqus_thread
youtube.com/watch?v=VORzbfTkBzk
twitter.com/TheRpgMonger/status/1139089541619421184
youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>darker than Majoras Mask
it will be better than the first

I haven't even played BotW1 and I'm kind of afraid to. Someone tell me, will I like it?
>i don't generally like open world games that much
>i don't generally like zelda that much

Maybe? I don't know. I'm not inside your head

>I don't like open worlds
>I don't like Zelda games
>Will I like an open-word Zelda game?
I seriously hope you're baiting and not actually this fucking brain-dead.

it'll make the BOTW obsolete since it's essentially fleshing out the skeleton of a game
also
>no Sheikah tech, only pure magic/fantasy
already a big improvement

It'll literally be the most SOULful game ever. BotW 2...just saying it makes me happy.

But that's the thing: everyone swears up and down that a. "it's like no other Zelda title" and b. "it's like no other open world game."
My brother owns a copy so I could just borrow him, I'm ultimately just not sure whether or not I want to bump it up in my backlog.

I want to be able to fuck zelda in the ass with link.
I want it to be a secret dungeon.

>i don't generally like zelda that much
You'll probably like it

I expect it will be anywhere from slightly to moderately less shitty than BOTW. Here is my current ranking of Zeldas:
Masterpiece:
> TP
> OOT
> MM
> ALTTP
Very good:
> ALBW
> Zelda 2
> Zelda 1
Heavily flawed but still decent:
> Skyward Sword
> Spirit Tracks
> Wind Waker
Dogshit tier:
> BOTW
I expect that BOTW 2 will wind up somewhere in between BOTW and Zelda 2. It will probably be better than BOTW and may or may not be better than Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, and Zelda 1. I doubt it will be better than Zelda 2 and above

Some people will hate that it wasn't as open as BoTW 1 and some people will love that it focused more on story and characters.

>My brother owns a copy so I could just borrow him
Then fucking play the game instead of asking people on an anonymus board if you would like it

>Darker than majoras mask

Can Zelda do that without the atmosphere of Termina (where every character's a freak)?

You simply don't understand Zelda if you hated BOTW that much. It's fine, but still rather insulting to established Zelda zealots and critics.

> it's like no other Zelda title
Yes, but only because it's unequivocally worse than all the others.
> it's like no other open world game
Only said by hardcore Zelda fanboys and people who haven't ever played a game that wasn't on a Nintendo system. It's basically just a Ubisoft game with a Zelda skin
Is it confirmed to be both of those things? Because if so there may still be some hope for it

People who think BOTW is a good Zelda game never understood what made any post ALTTP Zelda good

i can't even wrap my mind around this taste. i can only determine you are underage shit

Attached: zoomer.gif (326x281, 171K)

>rumored to have removed shrines
now just remove breakable weapons and it'll be a great game

Play the game and form your own opinions retard

> No game newer than 13 years old in masterpiece
> Zoomer
Sure.

Go do your 9th grade homework faglord

>post ALTTP Zelda
People who start any longrunning nintendo series at the snes title need to be taken outside an shot. they are all 'cinematic' versions of the applicable version of the nes title with less emphasis on gameplay elements in favor of cool graphics and in game cutscenes.

>rumor
I sleep.

I hope I can play as Zelda and bully Link.

Most NES games aged badly and aren't as good as SNES/later. Stop being a gatekeeping jackass.

if Link can't shrink it's gonna stink

Attached: still a little upset.jpg (1268x734, 100K)

>> TP
>> OOT
>> MM
>> ALTTP
Yeah, those are my favorites too but forgot add LA in there too.

you're replying to your own post zoom zoom

SPANK SPANK SPANK! SPANK THE FILTHY BOOTY

Attached: PNQ5Jwc.gif (500x333, 331K)

Attached: midna-smash.gif (640x360, 1.26M)

LttP aged much, much worse than Zelda 1, and Zelda 2, while still as polarizing as ever, is much like the classicvanias in that it has not aged a day.

>diives

Isn't BotW supposed to be a zoomer game? And now hating it makes you one?
>TP in Masterpiece
B A S E D
TP is the best Zelda

All I want is for them to put in actual dungeons.

>LttP aged much, much worse than Zelda 1, and Zelda 2
What the fuck

>antagonist is ganondorf/demise/something other than mindless monster ganon
>possible missing arm/prosthetic gimmick for link
>maybe duo protagonists with zelda
Thematically I'm liking it so far, but if it's as fucking empty as the first one I'm going to be disappointed. Actual dungeons, an actual soundtrack, actual enemy variety, please. There's so much potential for it to be great, BotW could've been so much better.

Thanks I never would have known who it was otherwise.

I love Zelda 2, but it has undeniably aged in its overall presentation. It has the same telltale recycled assets and repetitive visuals as all NES games, and some pretty ridiculous difficulty spikes that were considered normal in that era but wouldn't fly today.
> LttP aged much, much worse than Zelda 1
Completely, utterly, absolutely, and entirely wrong. ALTTP was pretty much a 2d template for OOT, which became the template for every main series Zelda up through Skyward Sword. Not to mention it still has nicer looking pixel art than half the games releasing on Steam in 2019.

>ancient evil awakes
>the three goddesses decide to sink hyrule
>have to defeat the ancient evil and save hyrule
>sea level rises slowly throughout the game
>majora's mask time limit mechanic
>wind waker boats and shit too
it's always been here...

Attached: 1560460553725.jpg (4000x3333, 1.16M)

It has Ganondorf so it's automatically the best Zelda since TP.

Attached: ganondorf in the window.png (599x337, 280K)

I'm the exact same lad.

>played all Zeldas (tried to get into them)
>thought they were all meh (except for Majoras Mask, that shit was pretty good)
>emulated BoTW
>thought it was pretty amazing

Just don't be blinded by the shills. Side quests are dogshit, combat is dogshit (the mechanics, the freedom is what makes the combat fun), shrines and most of the content is literal MMO tier padding.

But the exploration and sense of wonder, is fucking legit. Definitely worth trying out.

On that note, how the FUCK did people like Wind Waker? Out of all the Zelda games this was by far the worst. I know that Nintendo tries to cater to children and people who grew up with their products, but this game was blatantly made for literal babies. I mean, the dungeons/combat was so mind numingly easy and not to mention the part where you need to get the tri force shards, that shit made me rage quit the entire game. Honeslty don't get how it's such a cult classic outside of nostalgia faggotry.

Majoras Mask > BoTW > OoT > the rest were too bad to even count

Attached: a_ov_Pepe_160928.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

when do we get the diving suit?

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Wind Wakerfags are the Sonic autists of the Zelda community. Ignore them and their posts.

>get the diving suit pretty easily
>also possible to beat the entire game without it, doing the dungeons at lower elevation first, etc.
>this unlocks a secret ending

>darker than majoras
They never said that, they even said that majoras mask wasn't even an inspiration for this game

>secret ending just adds a guy saying "good job you did it without the diving suit"

Most of the opinions you voiced are mucho retardo, but we can at least both agree that Wind Waker is dogshit. Literally a 1/3 finished game that Nintendo kicked out the door to sell Gamecubes. It's the second worst non-spinoff Zelda, only above BOTW.

Wind Waker is the most nostalgia bait game in existence.

>top tier art style on release
>comfy as fuck setting/music
>dogshit everything else (the WORSE dungeons, the WORST bosses, the WORST Zelda, the WORST everything)

But because you were a kid, and nostalgia typically hones in on stuff like "comfy" and "music", you forget all of that and defend it to hell and back. Ask yourself, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you imagine playing Oblivion as a kid. It's the music right? Probably wandering through Chorrol? Yet you forget how dogshit the combat was, level scaling and all of the atrocities that the game had.

Yea, well Wind Wakerfags thing of the same stuff

>Is it confirmed to be both of those things?
No, but judging by the trailer it's going to focus more on Ganondorf who by default has a lot more character than Calamity Ganon. Zelda will also presumably be with us from the start.
I'm just guessing that it'll have more linear elements than BoTW. Nintendo doesn't usually try the exact same feature/gimmick twice in terms of Zelda games.

Holy shit. Guys? Is there actually a chance of this happening?

>how the FUCK did people like Wind Waker?
It looked like a cartoon. That's literally it. Also take into consideration the fact that the NGC was the first console for a lot of people, it was the underdog compared to the Playstation 2 and Xbox.

At a bare minimum it should be better than BotW, otherwise what the fuck is Nintendo doing?

The good parts of windwaker come 10 years later when you can only remember the cool parts and not the bad parts, like literal hours of time you spent over the course of the game watching the direction of the wind change.

>for the sequel [BotW2], the team is more inspired by what Rockstar cooked up last year [red dead redemption 2] which is probably the most impressive open-world game
So this game won't come out until 2022 right? It sounds like they just started working on it

Attached: images (35).jpg (500x396, 24K)

No. Nintendo wouldn't do something so blatantly adhering to one timeline.

>Masterpiece:
>TP
Good lord fucking kill yourself

Attached: ber9w9w.jpg (272x252, 8K)

uh oh my pp gon big now

>reused BoTW assets/engine
2021 at the latest desu

It’ll be fantastic like the first, I hope. You pathetic contrarians can have fun regurgitating the same moronic criticisms in these shit threads until the new one comes out though. Enjoy

The announcement was to say that development had started, so yeah. Probably a few months in or so. Also being inspired by RDR2 is worrying.

About 3.5 dickards.

cope harder

Aonuma has said that they started on it right after the switch launched. BOTW2 is launching with the switch pro next march.

TP is unironically my favorite Zelda
>inb4 8.8

completely unprovoked

It’s easy to cope with success

Imagine being this fucking retarded.
Literally go back and play all three games, LttP is by far the smoothest, best presented, and easiest to get into. Now if you still prefer 1/2 for other reasons that's fine, but "age" is just about the most incorrect possible reason you could come up with.

Dont listen to this guy. Try it for a couple of hours. You get all the tools you need in the story at the beginning of the game, so if you dislike the skillset, just don't play it. It's only a game. The story isn't too complex, it isn't like you are missing out on shakespeare.

>take a boat out to what used to be hyrule field near the castle
>sunken robits start trying to hit you with lasers from under the ocean,
>light diffraction messes with their targeting and the lasers come out of the water around you in every direction
>sail back and tell your buddies stories about flashing pillars of ghostlight in the cursed sea

the fuck's your problem?

Attached: midna riding cock.jpg (500x619, 103K)

Except if BotW 2 is actually good it will basically make BotW redundant and make all of the game's flaws really obvious.

I think user is only theorising based solely on the trailer being cinematic.

>LttP is by far the smoothest, best presented, and easiest to get into.
It's certainly the easiest to beat, for sure. I could 100% this game in a single drunk bender.

8.8 is legitimately a fair score for TP.

Bring back some more classic enemies and put more expansive dungeons in and it will be the in the S tier.

Attached: ohyeah.jpg (3000x1706, 725K)

Wind Waker haterfags are the "Sonic's Arms Are NOT blue!" crowd

But is it actually MAJORAS MASK DARK
or
TWILIGHT PRINCESS DARK
They are very different things.
Majora's Mask Dark is based off of the morbid themes and depressing tone.

Twilight Princess Dark is OoOOoOoOoo SPoOOoOokyyy what if Link didn't have eyes and girl laugh

It will be the latter

>Except if BotW 2 is actually good it will basically make BotW redundant and make all of the game's flaws really obvious.
It's going to be the Fallout 4 to BotW's Fallout 3.

>no u

>Twilight Princess Dark is OoOOoOoOoo SPoOOoOokyyy what if Link didn't have eyes and girl laugh
Did you even play TP? It's one of the more uplifting games in the series.

All everybody ever said about WW is that Link's head is too big.

I laughed my ass off
t. TPfag

Your favorite Zelda game isn't the best. That's what the Zelda fanbase doesn't seem to understand. Just because someone has The Legend of Zelda: __________ as their favorite doesn't mean they have "shit taste" for liking a "shit game". The particular game just didn't appeal to you, it doesn't make it a "shit" game like all the hyperbole thrown around on Yea Forums about every Zelda game not OoT, or ALttP is either trash or great.

Dumb
I'm talking about the tryhard edgy moments in the game, of which there were plenty. Twilight Princess doesn't have a depressing or morbid tone in the overarching story, which Majora's Mask did.
That's the entire point I just made.
Please re-read and rethink your actions.

You are literally one game off from being perfect.

>TP? It's one of the more uplifting games in the series.
Unless you got BTFO by Cupid.

Attached: 1556238195892.jpg (420x640, 43K)

>tryhard edgy moments
Of which there are none. Tryhard edgy is Shadow the Hedgehog or whatever Mark Millar would shit on paper.

>smoothest

>go near wall
>press d-pad
>clip into floor

>best presented
every time you finish a dungeon you have enough time to set up a system of levers to automatically press the A and B buttons to mash text for you, shoot yourself, reincarnate, and come back in time for the scene to end

>easiest to get into
When I try recall a good game introduction, the first thing I think of is castle escape. The second thing I think of is herding goats in twilight princess. And then I tell myself to stop thinking about the two worst introductions in gaming history and try to actually think of a good one, like Zelda 1.

I only want a classic 3D Zelda, but with way less handholding, not open meme world with "LOL HAVE YOUR OWN FUN" system.

Attached: 1560300481199.png (605x520, 358K)

I just want actual lengthy themed dungeons, an actual villain and not just an evil force of nature like calamity Ganon, more expansions to what you can do movement wise throughout the game, and most importantly an actual coherent straightforward story with characters who stay on screen for more than 5 minutes, SS had more compelling characters than Botw ffs. If it has even half of that it'll be a bast improvement over BOTW, which is still a good game but missing a lot of things that the series has charmed people with post-OoT

Attached: The best guy of all time.jpg (462x464, 18K)

There's nothing wrong with oooo spooky.
It's fun in its own kind of way.
Better than the schlock-anime shit of BotW.

>Oracles below LA
Nah
LA fans are blinded by nostalgia

>Triforce scene
>Zant's neck snap

People fucking hated Wind Waker when it came out because of the cartoony art style, which is why you had people literally crying when they saw the first big trailer for Twilight Princess.
I personally have never completed it because the game puts me to sleep.

>can only list two scenes
>the latter of which most people regard as kino
I don't think you're aware of what true edge is.

>>Triforce scene
>>Zant's neck snap
All those had reasons behind them. The first was to show the power of corruption and that nobody is safe from it, even Link. The last was Zant literally severing his link to Ganondorf and cutting off ties completely after he got BTFO by Link.

Do you seriously believe they didn't include those scenes just to be "mature" and "dark"?
Those are just the most extreme examples, but the entire game has it painted all over its design and aesthetic.

Move BOTW to God Tier and the DS cash-ins to Dogshit Tier and you have a deal.

>dude just have infinite money and time to try everything you probably won't like

What the fuck is wrong with you? I have never had as much fun playing vidya as I did playing BoTW. And now you want to go BACK to the heavily restrictive pacing of the previous titles? You had your type of game for the entire series' run since fucking zelda 2. Let us open world fags be happy for once.

Attached: Blank+_290f7b08b6874283acbfb51260ff6977.jpg (255x418, 22K)

>autistic speedrunner glitches means the game is less smooth

I'm obviously talking about the controls you fucking retard. It's not like LoZ and AoL don't have bugs.

The rest is hyperbole and ignores how much you have to adjust to playing 1/2. Seriously, play the games back to back, it's so obvious for anyone who isn't braindead which one has aged the best. Again, you can still prefer 1/2 for other reasons.

The Legend of Zelda: __________ is a terrible fucking game and your taste is shit for liking it mate, there's no two ways about it.

If a seventeen year old me could understand the message of it they got the point through, unfortunately it went over your head because it looks edgy.

LoZ has more/better pacing than BotW does.

>autistic speedrunner glitches
You really do not have to try to clip into a diagonal wall. There's a reason why hundo runners take the time to kill every enemy in spiral cave, because if one hits them and they damage clip they just invalidated their run with an OOB.

>Let us open world fags be happy for once.
The vidya game industry literally gets on its hands and knees for you faggots.

No it didn't. You don't know what pacing is. Thanks for adding to the discussion, you fucking retard.

>maxing out your armor at the akkala great fairy
did link just get laid?

Attached: botw-mija-sm.jpg (690x388, 65K)

really good or really bad depends

Okay so I want you to start up LoZ right now and go straight to level 9/Death Mountain. See what happens.

Ocarina and majora are both better than botw

It's still speedrunner bullshit that the vast majority of players will not know or care about.
Speedrunner autists like you live in a bubble.

I think hes just opinionating

>Getting all the rupees to unlock the final Great Fairy

Attached: 1552048769307.png (680x553, 359K)

>autistic speedrunner glitches
shit like ganonpot, everything involving cane of somalia and a door transition, mirror and screen transition warps, and so on, was found long before speedrunning was a thing. LttP is a broken pile of glitchy code, much like other trash SNES nintendo titles like super metroid and mario world.

I wanted to make the fierce deity set viable

>that the vast majority of players will not know or care about.
Go around death mountain for an hour without killing any enemies. I promise you will get stuck in a wall at least once.

Hopefully they cut the world down 30% - 50%. It was a big open world with nothing to really do except seeds and shrines.

They need to add other ways to upgrade your health and stamina other than shrines.

Either completely remove durability or make it so weapons can be repaired. Also if they do keep the durability system then it really needs to be increased drastically. I know they wanted people to use whatever they find but I just ended stockpiling the 2 - 3 weapon types that I loved instead. It also made the rewards for finishing the 4 main dungeons useless because I didn't want them to break. I just stored them away in my house.

More enemy types. More big dungeons/temples.

As someone that really liked BotW I can't deny it hade huge flaws but fixing them could make it the game of the generation.

Attached: 702a896ac10ecb1d9f512e397aef37c7.jpg (600x800, 105K)

I agree. I think pieces of heart should return over shrines and I would also like the magic meter to come back as well

>lumping 2 in with the rest of the linear shit sandwhich Zelda 3 formula games

Attached: perplexed sweaty sportsball.gif (250x250, 1.71M)

What( on BOTH accounts)? I will give you a large point, if BoTW2 fixes/works out the kinks of BoTW it will literally be hailed as such a good game that BoTW will become simply obsolete. In a sense, this means that the n64 games are better, and more timeless.
>He hasn't speedrun the game

I get the feeling that the world doesn't have a lot of content because it was rushed out the door, but they lucked their way into having the exploration be enjoyable enough to carry the game.
Hopefully they have some time to make content without having to focus so much on the underpinnings of the game this time around.

Okay, but that still has nothing to do with the controls, the actual act of moving around the game world using a controller (if you were confused by what I was talking about). LttP had a more advanced engine with more mechanics at play so there were more opportunities for things to go wrong. And like I said, most players won't know or care. Before "official" speedrunners you still had autists who would try everything on everything for hundreds of hours. There's nothing wrong with doing that kind of thing, but it's not representative of the experience of the average player playing the game for the first time. Which is what the whole "age" discussion is really about. How difficult is it for someone playing the game today to get into it. Glitches that most players won't know or care about don't factor into that discussion.

>go do something the vast majority of players would not do
uhhhh
I don't think you're grasping the point here?

Or, they can fill it with life and small villages with side quests this time.

AoL is more linear than LttP and OoT.

by the way, how do you feel about skyrim, by chance? i mean, if you don't actually try to activate one of the game's laundry list of glitches, don't try to explore anything for any period of time, don't push it to do anything, it runs fine.

and hell, it has an even more advanced engine, with mechanics that lttp can't even shake a stick at, so surely it gets a free pass too?

>Let us open world fags be happy for once.
there are a million other games out there for that

What argument are you even trying to make now? Are you just conceding the central point?

As far as Skyrim goes, it has actual game breaking glitches that players can experience simply by playing it normally, and a host of graphical bugs that are just comedic. It is theoretically possible to play Skyrim without ever encountering one of them, but the percentage of players that will is much higher. I'm not gonna argue over this any further since you're trying to derail the discussion with bullshit.

BOTW had plenty of side quests; it's just that they all had worthless rewards so there was no incentive to do them.

>No rage steam

Diives dropped the ball

Yeah but hardly any good ones that value exploration for explorations sake.

It will be the game of the decade just like BotW1.

As someone who played tons of Morrowind and got Oblivion and Skyrim at launch, I surprisingly got the fewest amount of CTDs playing Skyrim.

I just want proper dungeons. Everything is alright. I think there’s a dozen little small improvements that could be made to BotW, and it’d be nice to see a magic meter/system, better done characters etc. But dungeons. I want good dungeons. Shrines are too broken up, and Beasts are too short, lack combat, and are thematically too similar. Why is Hyrule castle the only great dungeon in the game? It’s honestly one of the best in the series. Give me more like that.

Keep telling yourself that tardlet.

>it'll make the BOTW obsolete since it's essentially fleshing out the skeleton of a game
Exactly this

Obviously it varies from player to player but Bethesda games are widely known for being buggy messes.
Comparing them to practically any Nintendo game is moronic.

The only way to realistically dodge glitches in LttP, unless you have the outside knowledge to never go near a diagonal wall, never use the jump action off any ledge, not use rod of somalia near doors, not use bombs near doors, not lift anything near doors, not iput d-pad inputs parallel to doorways while inside doorways, not use warps during screen wraps, and so on, is to basically soft-speedrun the game without doing anything unintended at all. It's just like skyrim except you're a retrofag that thinks LttP should be played like one of the hundred linear indie games it spawned, instead of an adventure game like the Zelda 3 it claimed to be.

>and it’d be nice to see a magic meter
Nah, fuck that shit. Cutting down infinitely respawning grass and breaking down infinitely respawning pots for limited resources was unnecessary grind. If you want to never have the player run out of something just make put it on a cooldown timer.

Ok, sorry that I got upset. I agree to all of your points. But I don't think dungeons and non-linearity are necessarily incompatible.

musky ass/10

Attached: 1517402249836.jpg (741x679, 147K)

So gang what would be your dream Zelda?
2D Zelda with TP/MM aesthetics would be pretty neat. Also a TP sequel that takes advantage of the BotW engine.

It's 100% true. Play the fucking games.

LoZ has a few dungeons that can be accessed right away and some that are item-gated.
AoL is linear from beginning to end, you have to do the dungeons in a strict order.
LttP has a linear first act and a more non-linear second act.
OoT is the same as LttP.
Every Zelda after OoT and before BotW has a linear dungeon order except ALBW which is basically the same as LttP.
BotW lets you do the four divine beasts in any order but they're optional, so you can just go straight to Hyrule Castle and beat the final boss.

@466338956
So you continue to not actually argue against the central point and go on a tangent on glitches. No more (You)s.

Attached: 21.png (949x348, 227K)

>Also a TP sequel that takes advantage of the BotW engine.
Don't make me want things, user.

Attached: 1329599187322.png (640x480, 373K)

>and a more non-linear second act.
Yeah, just dip one dungeon long enough to get the boss key, unlock the dungeon item, and then instead of taking two screen transitions to the boss room, back out and use the dungeon item to unlock the next dungeon. Totally non-linear.

I honestly think TP is kinda ugly. Would rather have a more polished n64 aesthetic.

That is pretty convoluted.

I feel like I keep arguing with people who haven't played the games. Do all you people only watch speedrunners or something?

>GUIES if you add more water, the mountains look like islands
no shit?

Nah, restore magic via food/elixirs, or resting. Add an armour set that gives passive magic regeneration. Maybe add some weapons that cause magic regen on hit.

I agree with this guy. The only people I know that are crazy about zelda are the ones that never played an open world game in their lives and never had a non-nintendo console.

>Zelda will pick up a sword and start kicking ass because muh feminism

No, she'll pick up a sword so she can hold it to Link's throat and force him to give her his seed.

Attached: link lewd.png (254x327, 51K)

I mean, crazy about botw

So between Water Temple, Fire Temple, Shadow Temple, and Spirit temple, which order are you forced to complete them in, and why?

He's not talking about OoT, he's shitting on LttP because he's autistic, don't engage.

Well you do have to do forest/fire/water before shadow/spirit, but mainly this

>Magic Meter is back

Hey, I'm game.

Please tell me more about how you beat turtle rock before mire and ice before dark forest.

The only 'non-linear' dungeons are forest/thieves because they use the same items to clear, are three screens away on the overworld, and it is unclear which order you are actually intended to find them in until you get one of the crystals and find out which number it matches to.

>Title name is Literally ZELDA
>she cannot be the protagonist because >2017 woman protagonist means MUH FEMINISM

zoomer detected, nu "gamers" should be gased

Majora is rather weird and atmospheric than “dark”

>ice before dark forest.

You can totally do this with the Lamp and Bombos though.

Is English not your first language?
Please read this again:
>LttP has a linear first act and a more non-linear second act.
Unless you had a bad English teacher you should be able to understand what this means.

The end of the world is scary and dark, not fucking "weird".

you already have 3 games where you can play as her

Attached: good.jpg (900x719, 195K)

You're right, why the fuck aren't the metroids playable?

>you already have 3 games where you can play as her
>so another would mean muh feminism
huh, they should be

More like "removing the classic dynamic of a knight rescuing a princess is muh feminism". Which...yeah, it kinda is. And it's going to set a precedent for later down the line. Every Zelda game after this will either have a playable Zelda, or a female Link.

>Fusion

dilate

An end that you'll never see if you know what you're doing. That trailer was more unsettling than anything in MM

Attached: D83plByX4AEqpb6.jpg (755x795, 75K)

Yes, it's grim, but it's far more fantastic in its depiction. While the moon is constantly overlooking you, the people of the game can still be bright and cheery in the first couple days.

>Metroid Fusion
>Samus fuses with Metroid DNA
mind = blown

cope

In the top two panels BoTW Zelda is looking at Dorf while OoT Zelda is looking at Link tho.
I'd still like to believe it was intentional

Nah it's pretty disturbing and melancholic at times

You mean the ones in Clocktown who are blissfully unaware about being completely annihilated in 3 days? Everyone else is pretty grim outside of clocktown

>That trailer was more unsettling than anything in MM

>he wasn't in the barn on night 2

Just lends more credence to the theory that this Dorf was the hero from 10,000 years ago or whatever but something went wrong

It all depends on what kind of person you are. I know I can always just turn back time so I can progress without feeling down.

>stuck with gay ass trapfag link
down the toilet it goes.

demise reincarnated as a golden haired boy, "links" presence was why zelda couldn't use her powers, and the amnesia is because the 'hero of the wilds' was actively possessed by ganon and killed everyone

zeldauniverse.net/2019/06/12/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-is-darker-than-majoras-mask/#disqus_thread

Attached: D83xCj-XUAM600y.jpg (1080x441, 54K)

Masterpiece:
>Zelda 1
>ALttP
>LA
>MM
Very good:
>OoT
>TP
>Wind Waker
>Minish Cap
>Ages/Seasons
Heavily flawed but still decent:
BOTW (Mainly for zero replay value)
>Four Swords
>Phantom Hourglass
>Spirit Tracks
>Zelda 2
Dogshit tier:
Skyward Sword

Fixed it for you, you fuckin zoomer

Attached: 1421377158228.png (1440x900, 2.64M)

If you wait about a year for a stable emulate and a modder doing his thing, you can probablz play BotW2 as based Linkle as well.

Attached: 008.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

Hard to say if he meant darker than MM or just darker than BotW. Honestly inclined to believe the latter.

>combat is dogshit (the mechanics, the freedom is what makes the combat fun)
Finally someone that understands it. Without the physics engine and countless shit you can pull off with it, the combat would be boring as fuck, but the shit you can do to style on enemies is pretty fantastic. You can really get creative and people have done so much batshit crazy stuff with the engine.

>and I'm kind of afraid to
It's just a fucking game, faggot, man the fuck up, you fat pussy.

You just made it autistic as fuck bro

Isn't he banned from drawing Nintendo characters?

I fucking wish

What he's saying is "what we showed you [in the teaser] is a little darker [than the tone of the full game]". In other words they took a couple cutscenes and gathered up all the spooky suspense shit to jam into a single video, so the actual game is not always that suspenseful and dark.

I remember people exist in this world with absolute dogshit taste like yours, and I'm glad they don't listen to you.

No I mean, I think he got in trouble with Nintendo because something happen between him and ploxy and both got a nuke, I believe, and when you see Diives animation, it's all new OCs. That's why I'm asking if he got banned.

Windwaker has good ideas but they don't work with it's huge world

Why is link so cute?

Attached: 132942B2-FB8B-49E0-A3FB-B6C67E69E2E1.jpg (1706x2714, 525K)

Here's the tier list, boys and girls. You might not like it, but it's the truth.

Attached: my-image.png (1216x467, 431K)

Zelda has the worst English voice ever. It will make your ears bleed. The open world is ubisoft tier with towers to climb and large empty areas, but of course its ok when nintendo does it.

Attached: 1538735984358.jpg (1448x2048, 303K)

I like it, although I'd put the Oracles slightly higher

>BOTW (Mainly for zero replay value)
It's bizarre. It's clearly an upgrade over Wind Waker yet I'm more inclined to replay Wind Waker

I remember when there was a lot of speculation as to who this was, before it was revealed to the Old King. A lot of fans on both sides of the Pacific were hoping it was Ganondorf who had rejected the evil inside of him, causing Calamity Ganon to exist unfettered without a physical form, and leading to Grandpadorf trying to train Link as an act of atonement for causing Hyrule's destruction once more.

It could be the team liked the idea, but couldn't re-write the story to accommodate that, which is why we're getting a sequel with Ganondorf in it.

Attached: dbdq2mt-56bd4932-5aa0-40a9-820f-260efb462062[1].png (671x961, 1.27M)

Artist needs to work on his eyes

is there a mod that makes him look like the CD-i king?

I haven't played either in years, so I'm probably not remembering if I had fun playing them or not.

Oracle games were great, you fagatron.

>diives

Attached: 1556264632811.gif (370x441, 1.77M)

If they actually reuse hyrule but add a whole new gimmick gameplay like switching between zelda and link like Portrait of Ruin this could be really amazing.

Attached: Zelda BOTW 2.jpg (773x1000, 626K)

MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES

>it has weapon durability
it's shit
>it gets rid of weapon durability
it's good
>AND full dungeons
it's amazing

Confirmed Zelda dying early on and Link dying in the end.

I like zelda but never liked open worlds. I enjoyed it for the most part. Wasn't a huge fan of shrines and the main dungeons all being short and aesthetically similar. Final Boss was fucking terrible.

The only bad mainline Zelda is Skyward Sword. A distant second is Wind Waker.

Attached: 1559816783403.png (700x990, 442K)

>Royal guard set is unupgradable for some reason.

Attached: 1548891373673.jpg (480x622, 41K)

>He didn't mine for crystals en masse and sell that shit for huge bank four hours later

I absolutely hated how all of the cool new armor sets were unupgradeable.

Hey I thought Starlight and Huck were decent. Masterpieces compared to Nemesis or Civil War.

Either it takes the Majora's Mask approach with a more focused narrative, characterization and level design or it plays up the changes in Hyrule since the last game to try and keep things new.

>masterpiece
>TP
Well at least you got that right.

dumb phoneposter

Link's Awakening is overrated as shit. Name ONE reason it deserves its legacy, without mentioning nostalgia.

fun

Only correct part of that list is ALBW.

>"hey let's make it so you have to swap to the shield, feather, power bracelet and pegasus boots constantly just like the iron boots in OoT water temple, only for more than just one dungeon, then call that good design"
>fun

>WW, PH, ST, AoL, LoZ, SS, MC, HW, TP above the oracle games
I see you're still buthurt about the goron dancing

2 buttons

>just like the iron boots in OoT water temple
The issue with iron boots wasn't the menuing, it was that the menu itself was slow as balls.

now this is gonna be a big yikes from me dawg

Thoughts on what the reversed audio is?

All they said was that BOTW2's trailer is darker than BOTW, nothing about it being darker than MM.

The story is simple but effective. LA and MM have the only good stories in Zelda, and not surprisingly they were both worked on by the same guy.
The puzzles are a lot more clever than previous games and introduced the idea of dungeons being setpieces unto themselves rather than a sequence of individual rooms.
Roc's Feather is cool.
It's overall a solid unique experience that had a ton of influence on OoT.

It does have issues like being more handholdy, and the limitations brought on by the Gameboy (especially the limited controls).

>LA and MM have the only good stories in Zelda
fuck you, the vaati saga was fantastic

The chanting doesn't seem to mean anything but around 45 seconds you can hear a woman whispering "Please help us".

tried to re-arrange the order of the trailer

Attached: BOTW 2 small.webm (444x250, 2.58M)

Exceptional taste and a reasonable assessment. I thought windwaker was alright but I never finished it so maybe that speaks for itself

>have shield be automatically there in front of you as it always has been since Zelda 1
>let the A button have context-sensitive actions just like LttP did
That's the shield and power bracelet removed in one bold stroke.

>The story is simple but effective. LA and MM have the only good stories in Zelda
You're retarded if you think LA's story is good. There's no incentive for you to ever care about any of the island's inhabitants, let alone Marin, who you spend a grand total of maybe...5 minutes with? The game expects you to go "oh shit" when it reveals the island is a dream, and that it'll disappear when you finish the game, but that doesn't mean anything if the characters are either one-dimensional or generic waifus.

I don't think Zelda's positioning is quite right (the gasp probably comes a lot earlier) but otherwise pretty good.

I want cute happy married life Link and Zelda.

Attached: Link Zelda glider.png (800x766, 191K)

>more dialogue = better
I don't even know if this is worth getting into a long argument over because it seems like we fundamentally disagree about good storytelling, especially in the context of a Gameboy Zelda game made in 1993.

I agree withe bracelet but the shield is much more useful in LA as it rarely blocks in zelda 1 and alttp. ALBW had the best shield system though

>more dialogue = better
No, retard. Actual character depth is better. You can't ask me to care about a character if that character inflicts no emotion on me, the player.

Is the hand preventing all the Calamity from going back into him?

more like the hand is sealing him, and the whole BOTW was just the fraction of it thats been leaking. at least thats how I see it.

It's not about individual characters, it's about the world itself, and Link's/the player's journey in it. The characters are simply part of the Wind Fish's dream. They have as much dialogue as they need to in order to get their personality across. Character "depth" would have been out of place/forced and a distraction.

You need to watch less anime, or maybe fewer YouTube essays.

Yeah you're probably right, eventually enough built up to take form.

>Just realized Ganondorf is probably going to talk in the sequel

I might use og audio this time.
They nailed it with Zelda's voice in L.A.spanish dub but, Im not sure who can pull off a good Dorf.

Attached: Jessica-0.jpg (960x959, 107K)

link belongs to Mipha

Nah.

What suggests the Twili were Gerudos? I mean Midna has a Sheikah eye on the back of her head.

You're saying the game does not need character depth, that the characters have enough personality. Ok: then why the fuck does the game expect me to give a shit about Marin? Why does the game pretend I'm supposed to be sad at the game's ending?

You say I'm supposed to care about the world itself, and not what's actually IN that world, just because I've been walking along it? That's like saying I'm supposed to care about Termina itself, and not the people within Termina. MM handles what LA tries to do with its story much, MUCH better, to the point where LA just looks sloppy in retrospect. That is not good storytelling, I'm sorry. I've seen good storytelling on the Game Boy (Final Fantasy Adventure, For Whom The Frog Bell Tolls) and this ain't it.

I always wanted the voice of Carlos Segundo (Piccolo DBZ voice) to be Ganondorf, with OOT as reference

Attached: 26-webprin.jpg_423682103.jpg (1200x1200, 102K)

>dead fish
kek

How the fuck are we supposed to speculate that when there's been no gameplay shown, or even talked about.

Damn you're right.
His laugh at 1:21 in
>youtube.com/watch?v=VORzbfTkBzk
is WWGanondorf for sure.
Nice casting, I bet he could pull it.

Attached: 1550025271880.jpg (320x283, 20K)

The trailer music is the game over music from zelda 1 but reversed and at inconsistent speed
twitter.com/TheRpgMonger/status/1139089541619421184

dead

Link now belongs to Zelda's ass

don't (you) me

Attached: zelda tiers.png (1216x656, 392K)

not even majora was always like that, the suspense came from the gameplay itself and having a big ugly nigger face staring at you whenever you dared look up desu

>You simply don't understand Zelda

Attached: 1517436935704.jpg (548x140, 75K)

If we get more hot muscular gerudo babes then goty as usual.
If not it's shit.

WW had a good story.

Why do people rate ALBW this high ? It isn't that great for me and is surely under OOT, BOTW and WW

Please. He's going to speak exclusively in DORIYAHs.

Best Zelda games OBJECTIVELY

from best to wor sttt

>Wind Waker
>Link to the past
>OOT
>Legend of Zelda
>BOTW
>Majoras Mask

The rest are F tier

Its quality Zelda with very little filler and the soundtrack is top notch. BOTW is better though

It's just LttP, but better in every conceivable way.

Spooky.

Attached: spoopy.png (700x431, 487K)

I don't hear it.

Nah, They got voice actor for every important characters dialogue in the first one, name, Zelda, King Hyrule, Impa, and the other sages it would be weird for them not to voice Ganondorf.

>Only the first notes
>Of Zelda game over screen music

Because the game is not actually over, it has just begun.it's pottery

Attached: game_over_return_of_ganon_by_kaigetsudo_d4l00vv-fullview.jpg (900x696, 127K)

Bros, if it's as good as BotW already was, I'll die happy.
I hope they make dungeons like Hyrule Castle. The theme was amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4

>remove weapon durability
>everyone just rushes to hyrule castle to grab a royal guard weapon and steamroll the entire game
Please never get into game design

Pretty much this
I mean, you are exaggerating a bit but most of it is the same but better

Attached: Master Sword evolution alttp-albw.png (685x1829, 912K)

You will hate it.
I like open worlds and I find it hard to stay engaged with the story or current objective I'm on.

Man, I want to see the golden version of the master sword again, hope it makes it to BoTW2, maybe with LA amiibo.

Tempered sword looks like it has gone through shit, damn those shitty gnomes

>scale enemy HP to the strongest weapon in your inventory
The sad thing is, you and nintendo both think this would be a good design compromise.

>I want to be able to fuck zelda in the ass with link.
This.

Yeah sure, it's ALTTP with worse visuals and worse music and more linear. It's good but you fags need to shut the fuck up with your hot takes

That is extremely cool and ominous.

Attached: 1510723589057.jpg (576x797, 109K)

>LoZ in B
>AoL right next to it
"No"

intredasting

Attached: 1555497637189.jpg (445x272, 40K)

>TP
>best zelda
BASED, all oot fags triggered

Attached: 1515688731624.jpg (498x667, 389K)

Same, I'm a sucker for the golden sword, even the lame regular Master Sword with a golden recolor from ALTBW was enough to make me happy. I guess I just love when the games allow you to take an already ultimate weapon and power it up to eleven

Attached: golden sword mod botw.png (206x217, 77K)

Why was SS Zelda such a slut?

I can't tell you. All i can say is that i usually find open worlds boring, but this kept me fucking enthralled. Also, it's only the second Zelda game i've properly played. I suppose you won't know until you play it.

> Triforce Heroes that low everytime

When will people realize that its an amazing game to play with friends.

all zeldas are gay and for children, you have autism

Those clips aren't at the same moment and most of the scene is played out of sequence, there's an earlier bit in the teaser showing her looking directly at Ganoncorpse's finger twitching.

This. I played this with two friends and it was awesome.

I can't know that until I know if weapon degradation is back
At the very least I hope they make the master sword recharge over time instead of requiring it to break fully before it starts to recharge

The game is fucking awful on every level, completely berfit of content and massively held back by the weapon degradation bullshit.

That's cool, I set everything in cemu and breath of the wild runs smoothly at 2k in my rig, except for this stranged bugged texture lines coming from the horizon, so I ended up playing it in my Switch again, which feels better anyway.

A 7/10 at best pre-Nintendo Bonus.

>Neither Oracle game
>Oh wait not Link's Awakening either
>Spirit Tracks above an unmentioned Phantom Hourglass
>BotW Dogshit tier
This is the worst taste fucking ever, so it must be bait or you just haven't played the Zelda games

Majora's Mask is dark, it's just not grimdark.

just hadd dungeons to BotW and it's gonna be the greatest game ever

Good enough to make this board seethe another 3 years

>Link now belongs to Zelda's ass
*WHIRRRRRRR*

>diives

Attached: 1559364072638.gif (250x249, 149K)

I hope the Master Sword is the default weapon in the game and others are just secondary weapons and I fucking want to be able to craft new ones or improve the ones you already own, so you can power up the Master Sword again

The "twist" that becomes apparent very early on in the game will be that this game isn't a sequel to Breath of the Wild, it's a prequel. It's the story of how the Calamity was unleashed upon Hyrule, the story of how Hyrule was nearly wiped out, ancient temples destroyed, towns and villages eradicated, the geography altered. Of how the Hero nearly died in the battle against the Calamity to seal him away.
Hyrule will be doomed from the start.

The story at least looks like it will be kino

The twist is that you are fucking retarded

That would be kinda cool for the exception that Link and Zelda look excactly the same.
>inb4 new haircut

What are other good Zelda games I can play on emulators?
I've only played Ocarina of Time on N64 years ago and BotW on Cemu. Enjoyed them both pretty much

It's going to be the greatest game of all time

It's not the "open world" itself that's impressive. It's the physics and intractability with it.

The Zelda Temple

im a fan

i hope it has time travel so you can visit the castle town before it gets wrecked

>time travel
You mean a flashback section

>People who think BOTW is a good Zelda game never understood what made any post ALTTP Zelda good
If you think like this you completly missed the point of Zelda francvhise. The "zelda formula" was harmful to the franchise as it made it extremely static, almost no room for improvement and led to streamlining the process more and mroe till we got SS.

BotW is the direction the franchise should take, with a much bigger focus on exploration and freedom and not a task list you have to fullfill in a specific order. What stops BotW from being the masterpiece it could've been was dev time, as they spend most of it experimenting and trying to get things working, but it took them too long and by the time the physics and dynamic systems engine were finished there was little more than a year till the already delayed release date, so the result is almost perfect from a conceptual point of view, but the actual content of the game is mroe on the lacking side.

If anything, BotW is a game that will be extremely overshadowed by it's successors, not it's past entries.

Attached: 1517962817807.gif (351x251, 40K)

Well it's neither a classical Zelda nor a classical Open-World game so I'd say you can still try it.

you walk and ride on a unnecesary HUGE map, that is basically empty to reach some "Dungeons" that are in most cases just a big room with some puzzle.
got bored around 10 hours in after finishing 2 of the 4 sacred machines.

I really wanted to fight a reformed ganondorf in BotW.
It would have been kino if you got to fight him as an additional boss phase before the current boss in the throne room if you took your time (beat all 4 divine beasts). when you beat it , they could collapse the floor and contine the fight as normal.
I'm all for him coming back now, it's been too long since I've seen him properly.

Attached: 1517943849432.jpg (736x806, 65K)

There should be no
>weapon durability
>shrines
Also, if they’re reusing hyrule it better be damn different somehow, I enjoyed BOTW but it isn’t a game I think I could replay, and I definitely don’t want to traipse around the same giant map for another 40 hours

>no shrines
Fuck you I liked it. I agree they need a bigger reward for explorations than just shrines and korok seeds, but there's zero need to remove the shrines on top of it.

A masterpiece.

My best friend has your exact profile, and absolutely loved BOTW.
Hated nearly everything zelda related until BOTW, not a Nintendo gamer either.
I guess BOTW is just that good

>lists shit zelda top tier
>lists best zelda dogshit tier
That's shit taste alright

It could go one of two directions, They don't make any meaningful improvements from BOTW. BOTW is great in many aspects but flaws will be too big to ignore the second time around. Or they listened to feedback, keep the core but make meaningful change go from a 8/10 to a 10/10 give us caves and actual real dungeons, hopefully some classic zelda items, So I want to see diggers mit, bug net, lantern, fishing rod. Revamped cooking system that can't be so easily exploited. Repairable weapons and increased durability, side quests that aren't fetch quests. I personally don't care about this because zelda as series never was really good at storytelling and that's not why I'm here. But that was a very common complaint is how lacking it was.

>reusing the same characters and overworld again supposedly

Honestly most of the work is already done. All that needed now is proper dungeons as enjoyable as hyrule castle, new enemies,Playable Zelda and an improved story/plot and we're golden.

Attached: joker popcorn.gif (460x426, 655K)

>proper dungeons
I hate this meme, considering BOTW's dungeons are the best in the series, gameplay-wise.
The only thing BOTW truly lacks in that department is visual identity.

The BOTW dungeons were great I agree. The only problem I had were that there were so few of them in a world so big. I hope they increase the quantity for the sequel.

I loved fhe mechanics of the dungeons, the issue was that they were rather short, netted no significant reward and had the same visual style. Breath of the wild with more landmarks that turn out to be sprawling dungeons would be a 10/10 for me

>YFW Ganondorf speaks in he sequel
What would be the best thing for him to say after waking up?

Attached: 1454185887352.png (595x587, 206K)

Attached: 1548622875032.jpg (750x563, 47K)

What I would love for the series, or my best case scenario :

Link and Zelda break Ganondorf from Demise's curse.
It would mean that Din wasn't, in fact, retarded enough to give the Triforce of power to demise's vessel.
It would allow the series to be more interesting with its characters and villains instead of a "big bad Ganondorf" every time.
It would fix Skyward Sword's garbage

I've always loved the 2D Zelda dungeons. The 3D game dungeons always felt dragged out and slow.

I had a weird dream today. It was pretty much looking like a Zelda game, with Zelda characters, a citadel and such. Sort of like BoTW with a similar world to that of TP. There was a section where time was stopped and everything was black and white, where you could visit this citadel and approach the castle gates. You couldn't get in anyways and after trying, some tall knight would try to stop you after chasing you. Some other character would rush to your aid and let you run away.

After visiting a forest and finding some sort of pendant, there was a scene where Zelda could choose not to grab the pendant (because she was there with you) and it would suddenly break. For some reason this registered in the dream as a glitch, so you could get to the citadel again, it was all colorful, but time was still stopped, and you could open the castle gates.

After walking a little bit around the gardens, you would find Miis of Miyamoto, Reggie and such, playing on a fucking music band and credits would roll upon interacting with them.

I know it's irrelevant but still what the fuck

Attached: (!)_(49)_v_-_BOTW_2_FAGS_-_Video_Games_-_4chan_-_opera_2019-06-11_19-32-21.png (854x672, 808K)

>inb4 his arm gets replaced with something and we have yet another fucking main character with a prosthetic arm

What's with this particular fade

Just like Demise was the original chosen by the Goddess but got corrupted by his own power

I want the sinking thing to happen, but this is looking more like a fucking prequel

Does that fucking wii u downloader thing still work? I kinda wanna try CEMU again with BOTW

>this is looking more like a fucking prequel
only if you are a blind, drooling retard

>people who think BotW is a good game...
>accuses others of gatekeeping
t. fucking retard

As someone who is not a Zelda-drone and can actually form fair opinions, here is my tier list:

Best:
TP
SS

Great:
Zelda

Good:
Zelda 2

Meh:
Wind Waker
OOT

Bad:
MM
ALTTP
BOTW

Handheld trash games that were never worth playing:
The rest

Incredibly based. Making all the WW babbies mad as fuck.

trash tier opinion

>Best
BOTW
M'sM

>Great
Zelda I
ALBW

>Good
Link's Awakening

>bad
Wind Waker
OOT
TP

Complete shit garbage fuck
>ALTTP
rest

>Worst
Skyward Sword

Extra heart, brand new ability and unlocks quests in the region, in addition to a high power weapon that can be infinitely reforged

Please just make the strafing and dodging a little faster. It feels like you suddenly equipped the iron boots when you lock on to an enemy. I know they likely did this to make you time your slowmo dodges more precisely but it feels bad coming from the other 3D games. All the dungeons really needed was a few more enemy guardian types to fight.

everything except for WW is spot on

(pro tip: windwaker’s actually really good)

I was with you up until this post senpai.
I played Zelda and Zelda 2 when I was 15 (that was five years ago), and I just bought a SNES and aLttP a few days ago and am currently playing through it, meaning the only frame of reference I have is in comparison to modern games, so have a Zoomer's take on it:
A link to the past is gorgeous, and the gameplay is simplistic but intuitive. Honestly, the only one of the three that seems dated in terms of worldbuilding is the first, but the NES ones are definitely much more dated than aLttP. I can recognize a ton of quirks in a Link to the Past that have become series and even industry staples since. Despite this, my favorite of the three so far is Zelda II, followed by Zelda.

Attached: zelda ranks.png (2306x1706, 3.86M)

>so have a Zoomer's take on it:
I'm sure it's going to be something retarded.

>my favorite of the three so far is Zelda II
Yup.

I wanna bloat that tummy with my cum

user. Your tier list can't possibly be right.
Here let me show you real truth.

Attached: tiers.png (1216x558, 437K)

Oh, shit. Why didn't I catch that?

It's pretty obvious they're in denial. Talk to them later and they even admit this

>Hopefully they cut the world down 30% - 50%. It was a big open world with nothing to really do except seeds and shrines.
No! You don't need to shrink the world down to keep the content dense. You just need to fill the world with more content.
Most of the work is already done this time around, what with not having to build the engine from scratch and being able to reuse assets. So I don't actually find it unreasonable to imagine a world just as large, but with way, way more content it.

Why is it that so many of you dream for less when you have a prime opportunity to have your cake and eat it too?
I mean I might agree with you that BotW's map probably should have been smaller, but there is no good reason for why BotW2's map should be.

oh did the cartoon aliens come? or maybe the beaver brothers? or the zora rock band?
so scury, we're scurred theres a ghost in our house we're scurred

>he can't handle real difficulty
This is why you millenials and gen Xers ruined our economy

>The only reason people could dislike AoL is because they think it's too difficult
You're stupid, even for a zoomer.

Depends what they do.
Fully online/couch co-op capable game featuring Link & Zelda performing combos and teamwork oriented finishers while also expanding the world by adding huge dungeons and puzzles which involve teamwork but can also be completed solo? New enemies and terrain types, cutting back on the inventory clutter and making cooking/crafting simpler to perform while at the same time adding more content to craft/cook? Mite B cool.

Basically BOTW again but with a few new bosses? Mite b shitty.

I sold my copy for $5 less than what I bought it for like a year later

Probably the best game ever made

>AoL
>not linear

Size up and size down runes.
Weight manipulation runes.
Enemy/NPC possession runes.

hell no

Yeah it's pretty fucking bullshit. The way they handled defense overall was bullshit too. A silver enemy with a shit weapon can do 1/4th to you, while one with a good weapon will do like 5. It's so inconsistent. I hope they fix that shit in the sequel.

Why do people want heart pieces to return so bad?
I fully agree that that you should be able to receive orbs from quests or in the wild as well and thus not only from shrines, but I still don't see what point there'd be in bringing back heart pieces over simply making orbs obtainable in more ways.

Is it really just nostalgia? Why would you want a heart piece instead of an orb?

It's a Zelda staple it's kinda like saying we need to get rid of the coins from Mario with dollars instead.

its more akin to mario no longer having mushrooms
wow and would you look at odyssey

>has wrong opinions
>calls me stupid
Opinion duly discarded, friend :)

>take botw
>add at least 12 dungeons
>spice up overworld

all i need. I also guess that you will be finally abke to play as zelda. They cut her hair so she can use the same armor sets as link.

based sizefag

I want more variation when it comes to rewards instead of just orbs that you spend to upgrade, orbs should be broken up into heart pieces and stamina pieces and scattered in more areas that aren't shrines
Odyssey was also about exploring the world outside of the Mushroom Kingdom so it made sense not to include them

But orbs are heart pieces plus stamina pieces. In one.