What are the chances of it actually being good?

What are the chances of it actually being good?

Attached: psychonauts-2-banner.jpg (960x449, 97K)

Decent

Today I will remind them

Attached: 1335500893552.jpg (500x500, 21K)

idk but I love when weird ps2 era games get the next gen treatment like this or KH3

I hope it's good, but I don't see it happening. Psychonauts 1 was the last decent name Tim Schafer had his name attached to*, and that game is almost 15 years old.

*Double Fine itself made Costume Quest and Stacking, both of which were actually pretty good, but Schafer had nothing to do with either of them.

I passed on the first game for years because I thought it would be terrible. Then I got it from somewhere and I actually loved it. Getting the same exact vibes from this one so It'll probably be great.

slightly annoying they put the immediate events after the first game in that fucking VR game, was worth a watch on youtube I guess though.

Low. Did you see how Broken Age turned out? Whenever they wheel out Tim Schafer or other """Industry Legends""" who haven't made anything good in a decade, it's telling that they lead with the two or three things they managed to make in their heyday. For whatever reason, the fact that a given developer/studio hasn't managed to make anything of similar quality in 10/15/20+ years isn't the massive red flag that it should be.

zoom zoom zoom

Don't forget Spacebase DF-9

OH NOONNONONO LOOK AT THIS DOOD

I liked Brutal Legend even if it was a mess of a game

Slim

Brutal Legend was pretty good for what it was

It's amazing how one company can coast off the success of one good game with a ton of mediocre to bad games.

Attached: 13671373.jpg (924x1682, 247K)

Hey man, Stacking was actually pretty neat

>Spacebase DF9
Probably the reason I don't do early access bs anymore.

It looks good so far.

>Same humor, returning voice actors
>Tighter controls and camera
>New powers
>New enemies
>New basic attacks for Raz and even the Censors
>Wall-jumping

We've only seen the intro/tutorial level, but the spirit is in tact and the gameplay--the main flaw of the first game--is objectively better. It's promising, though of course it won't be until we see the first proper minds to know whether or not level variety is anywhere close to the first game.

remember when tim schafer said "minorities" don't exist?

And it was pretty bad for the game that it was marketed as being.

This. Stacking was great.

Isn't Schafer just a writer on this? Why is everyone acting like he's gonna fuck it up?

about 3.3

Attached: 1361928321277.gif (250x250, 993K)

Was it though?

Have you seen (literally everything) DoubleFine has made in the past 10 years?

It's him and Erik Wolpaw from the first game, HL2, and Portal.

I'd say about $1.02

I’ll enjoy it anyway

It's epic exclusive isn't it?

Nope

THey haven't made a real game since their kickstarter. I had no idea they where even still alive till they showed off their first gameplay video. I have no idea how they are still open.

Man, what was even the story behind this guy? Wasn't it just some engine test?

Microsoft money now apparently.

>What are the chances of it actually being good?
Seems to be pretty high chances actually
>In terms of game mechanics runs circles around the original
>Art style is intact
>Writing it lead by Tim Schafer and Erik Wolpaw again (and Rhombus of Ruin showed Tim can still write a Psychonauts game)
>Having all your movement abilities at the start can mean better level design based around those abilities