THE POKE HORROR NEVER ENDS

pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/we-interview-junichi-masuda-and-shigeru-ohmori-about-pokemon-sword-and-pokemon-shield/

>Pokemon.com: What elements do you feel are essential to a core Pokémon RPG?
>Masuda: Poké Balls! (Laughs.)

>Masuda: For the first partner Pokémon in particular, those are the first Pokémon that the player is going to choose, so having them convey a straightforward personality is important. It makes it a lot easier to choose. Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble.

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING
IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

PIC SORT OF RELATED

Attached: POKEJUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0U5f_XivxDk
youtube.com/watch?v=5QvMqYZTR5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=d6-P7YqF0F4
youtube.com/watch?v=I9v1DcE7a1E&
archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/35674185/#35677782
nintendoeverything.com/masuda-stresses-pokemon-lets-go-isnt-a-spin-off-future-titles-could-connect-to-pokemon-go/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

I won't be getting it.
Simple reason? My pokemon isn't in, simple as that.
Why would I buy a pokemon game that doesn't feature my favourite pokemon?

>Onix blinks in
What the fuck

Ive been grinding out pokemon in the digital versions of gold and red. Hopin to transfer them over. Not even compatible into the new generation.

Maybe a new Pokemon will be your favorite? :)

This may be the first time I've ever felt offended by a Pokemon game

Attached: extreme winds.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

>Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble.

I almost admire him. He gives absolutely zero shits.

We don’t which Pokémon have been cut yet. Though if your favourite is from Gen 1 its pretty safe to say they’ll be in.

Attached: 1560358824937.png (1322x1096, 1.76M)

>Poke Balls was his answer

Fuck him

Everyone seething Nintendie in this entire thread got BTFO at once

Every time he opens his mouth he just adds more to this fucking nuclear meltdown. I hope he gets more interviews.

Attached: 1436746673028.jpg (463x375, 40K)

stop

Attached: 1426467217270.jpg (600x706, 44K)

Nah they're flapping their wings, the game's FPS is just too low to see!

This can't be fucking real

no

Attached: 1560359326369.png (894x608, 799K)

Haven't played a game since Soulsilver/Heartgold.
No reason to play the new ones when the best gen got its update

Then he goes further into it and explains the partner pokemen are important

Why is that Pokemon so big?

How. Why.

Attached: why.png (783x1037, 432K)

Except Ohmori had to cover his retarded ass with this statement:
>Ohmori: (Laughs.) That's a little bit broad... Let me think of something! One of the things I always put a lot of focus on is the feeling of growing alongside your Pokémon throughout the adventure. I think that's pretty core to the series.

When I first saw this I thought people were complaining about the MC's turning looking sort of off

You got the floating buildings or trainers?

Attached: d7437d8b4e4cca9c4dfd14590798440d.jpg (1339x927, 194K)

isnt wingull always shown like that now post the pic of the new mon flying

"It's Current Year," you said
"Top-down is obsolete," you said
"We want free-roaming," you said
"We want Pokemon on the overworld," you said
"We deserve a modern-looking Pokemon game," you said

Attached: 1441040052295.jpg (327x316, 41K)

It had to be done, they've been working really hard on animating this time around.

Attached: 1560365940363.gif (294x235, 2.35M)

>onix

Attached: 1560119173736.png (872x1024, 718K)

Maybe you can find a new pokemon you like, grandpa.

I don't see a problem

This looks like shit.

>Pokemon.com: What elements do you feel are essential to a core Pokémon RPG?
>Masuda: Poké Balls! (Laughs.)
masuda will cut pokeballs without hesitation as soon as he decides he's too lazy to program them in.

Attached: digipokeanimation3.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

You people should've known it was shit from the reveal trailer.

Attached: p.png (328x397, 259K)

Attached: 1554165274201.jpg (485x810, 57K)

Post your bros that probably got snapped

Attached: Luxray_by_KirkButler.png (1000x931, 176K)

STOP HE'S ALREADY DEAD

you should have seen the shit he was saying in interviews during the lgpe debacle. it made this look good by comparison.

Attached: 1539715110181.png (697x207, 66K)

well it can't be any worse than sky battles

Saved me $60.

fuck I hate that these stupid cat edits make me laugh

Not really comparable. Those moves are more akin to something like Lucario's Aura Sphere. Not that I expect it too look good.

this guy sure likes pokéballs

Attached: 1560293940998.gif (495x304, 3.45M)

Attached: 1396229990717.png (1024x1195, 485K)

I thought weed was illegal in Japan

Sobblefags absolutely and utterly blown out.

Attached: 1502819027937 2.jpg (232x271, 12K)

Fuck you. Retards with your mentality is why we're forever stuck in KAAAAAAAANTO hell after B/W flopped for having the UTTER AUDACITY of having its own fucking dex.

Digimon animation are great at all but the novelty runs out fast and I usually always turn them off

Attached: kys.jpg (688x662, 56K)

Attached: 1560394461048.jpg (1024x175, 43K)

>shitmon that no one cares about
Good

Attached: 1559840514610.png (916x516, 937K)

All legendaries from past gens apart from mewtwo and mew/ 3 birds are likely gonzo pal, alongside harder to catch pokemon or rare mons like Shieldon or Lileep.

It's lore you fuckwit. The wild area used to be Kakariko village.

Attached: download (2).jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>The moment Gamefreak has to play with the big boys outside of handheld gaming they fall apart and make everyone hate them in one day

Attached: 1354978032599.jpg (620x474, 78K)

Based

Lillie body snatcher episode when?

Attached: EL SALVADOR.png (434x368, 234K)

>When you won't get to play as the most based Pokemon of all time
Why even buy the game?

Attached: 794Buzzwole_SM_anime.png (480x480, 109K)

They still have 5 months to improve on this. If they don't then holy fuck, all the reasons that made them cut the roster will be for absolutely nothing.

Attached: 11829501.jpg (750x613, 57K)

they're great

Attached: sad cat gaijin.png (717x698, 771K)

Wow, those graphics really pop!

How come it took THIS long until GameFreak got this much of a massive backlash? They have been half-assing it since X & Y but NOW they are getting shit?

Attached: 1539615803283.jpg (1024x956, 78K)

Is Masuda actually the worst person in the world?

Attached: challenge.png (880x209, 32K)

You didn’t have to make it personal, Masuda.

>2019
>expecting GameFreak to deliver a competent, polished product
GF have been incompetent, lazy, and complacent with the franchise's massive success since day goddamn one

People want to act like that story about Iwata optimizing G/S is a celebration of Iwata's skill and ingenuity, but really it just shines a spotlight on how awful GameFreak is and has always been.

After Sun/Moon I've completely dropped this trash heap of a franchise, but really I should've bowed years earlier.

Unbelievable that Digimon games with a budget of about 500 yen and a half-eaten stick of pocky wind up being more polished products than an IP making literal billions every year

Man I get that Seagulls actually fly like that, but this just doesn't work.

I knew this shit looked familiar. All these screen shots look like zelda 64. Jesus christ how embarrassing.

Attached: 1559283220053.gif (200x150, 556K)

Is anyone else autistic about the Pokeball they use to catch Pokemon they care about? My entire team must be in Premier Balls, to the extend that I don't use my starter because it's in a normal ball. I even catch all my legendaries in Premier Balls. There's no reason for it, it just makes everything harder and more frustrating. But damn do those balls look amazing

Attached: premier-balls-pokemon-sun-and-moon.jpg (770x770, 40K)

Kek

Attached: 335.png (475x475, 114K)

Gamefreak is working with a platform that has at least 8X more memory than the most powerful 3DS/2DS. There is NO excuse for this when even third party ports of 360/PS3 games raise the texture resolution.

I feel you bro, every mon on my team HAS to be in its own unique pokeball. I accept no duplicates.

take the cocoonpill

Attached: jade-cocoon.jpg (519x439, 114K)

Because this time its debut on the Switch.

>THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEE

Did he have a stroke mid-interview or something?

honestly the fact that pokemon barely have any actual animation makes the series' move to 3d feel so fucking insulting.
if you want soul vs soulless look no further than fucking pokemon. i'm not even talking about designs, i love a lot of new ones, even the ultrabeasts are cool as hell, but just the games themselves.

I've come to realize something. Remember the story of how Satoru Iwata came in and managed to fit all of Kanto into GSC when Game Freak was unable to? It might not be because Iwata was THAT amazing, but rather because Game Freak was THAT incompetent. Always has been and always will be.

after reading these interview excerpts, I'm almost sure he's retarded

Every gen tends to have a crustacean Pokemon, so I can see my main crab getting the boot.

Attached: CookieCookieKingler.jpg (850x1202, 144K)

*furiously holding b while rhythmically pressing left and right*

Because they had the handheld excuse in the past. Now that they're making a game for an actual console, they're proving to everyone their incompetence.

Ye, 'specially with shinies

I sure wish Dusknoir's shiny was different but the Quick Ball was made for it

The massive amount of Pokémon that you can transfer between games is the one feature that sets Pokémon apart. Every other flaw could be excused as long as that was kept it. Now that it’s not, people are mad, and are more critical of the other shit in this series.

K Boomer I'm still going to buy Pokemon shield.

That tree actually has more detail on it.

I'd imagine it was a little bit of both. Iwata was damn good at what he did, but the decline and lack of innovation from gamefreak pretty much proves they've always been pretty shit.

Attached: 1559791974949.gif (543x306, 458K)

pokemon is over.

Premier Balls are kino

Bruh those PS3 games look better than SnS on their original console too. I hate that everyone is blaming the Switch for that too, when it's not. The Switch is certainly no powerhouse, but it can still handle some good looking games. Fucking lazy developers doing this shit.

They crossed the one line their biggest cock suckers thought they never would.

Not him, I really liked that you were only able to get gen 5 mons in BW, but there is a big difference between old mons being locked behind postgame and straightup.unavailable.

on one hand
>genwun
>on the other
not really a fan favorite

outlook: inconclusive

Attached: 51SV-Czm6ML.jpg (355x500, 52K)

Pokemon hasn't been interesting since Black & White.

>balltism
Premier/Pokeball balltism is pretty common, but here you go bro

Attached: balltism full.jpg (3408x4288, 3.71M)

What. The. Fuck.

Why couldn't they just limit this gen to only new Pokemon from this gen and last gen and properly animate the game. This game is going gold in three months and looks like an alpha build

Attached: 1559743150761.png (1920x984, 2.56M)

Autism is a physical abnormality in the brain that makes it hard to connect contextual concepts.

For example, people are NOW giving gamefreak shit because every pokemon game since 3rd gen has allowed you to catch all pokemanz. The lack of graphics were excusable since the games were on underpowered, overpriced handheld hardware. Now though, when given the opertunity to make a vidja gayum on a console for 14-18 year olds and grown man-babies as opposed to the console dedicated to 5-11 year olds, gamefreak wasnt able to capitalize on the relatively superior hardware showing that the laziness, corner-cutting and shit-tier graphics, story and sometimes pokemon design wasn't because of shit-tier hardware but because they were genuinely a shit-tier developer.

/thread

the generic attack animations in cyber sleuth are still better than any of pokemon's animations.

Attached: digipokeanimation.gif (521x293, 3.58M)

Did you know the Safari Zone is actually in Gen 2 but the area simply isn't used.

The common reason people think this is the case is Game Freak never figured out to get around the Glitch City bug where going back and talking to the guy at the entrance at zero steps would cause strange things to happen.

When the Safari Zone returned in Gen 3 the very first thing that happens is you immediately jump off a ledge so you can't go back.

fossil pokemons are fucked. Don't expect any of them to make the cut

the cybersleuth games look great, no argument but the gameplay is even more shallow than pokemon.
Not an improvement.

people were excited for x&y because it was the first 3d mainline pokemon game. they kind of rode that high with sun and moon, too.

I'm curious what happened between Gen 5 and 6.
DP were lazy, sure, but Pl,HGSS,BW/B2W2 all had signs of quality to them, and then gen 6 came around, removing any sign of quality. Did they think 3D pokemon was equal to the amount of heart they put into the other games?

>tfw you never transferred your Bromons from B2W2 to the Pokemon Bank so they're forever stuck in the best games
Feels fucking fantastic.

Attached: 1554218494499.jpg (478x478, 139K)

I like to put my mons either color coordinated balls, or just all normal pokeballs

I've got golispod but that still makes me sad

severely underrated

Attached: 1422855642948.jpg (1260x1782, 407K)

>new pokemon set in england
>it's always rainy and gray and depressing and pure shit

>another person on Yea Forums whose favorite is Kabutops
my man, it's been mine since the start
Not so sure about if Shedinja's making the cut but ah well. Golisopod made it.

Did your bro make it Yea Forums?

Attached: galar dex.png (2976x1384, 2.05M)

cause giganigga

Have sex, manchild. Pokemon is moving on without you. Your parents hard earned money will finally be put to something better than your obsession to your "golden years"

Attached: 1558923240101.png (329x325, 59K)

No, I completely agree with you. CS is fantastic, the only thing Pokémon has over it is exploration. Everything else is better, especially the story.

nu-games are set in england because Game Freak wants to make a brexit from pokemon

couldn't disagree more. the postgame boss fights and master cup required more strategy and careful teambuilding than any of pokemon's single-player content ever has.

my brother.
How did this game manage to have so much SOUL?

Attached: 02d570d3ed061dc6dd9243a3d745c84e36059d34_hq.jpg (512x301, 28K)

>since X/Y
Nigger they've been half-assing since fucking RED have you not seen the atrocity that is their code?

>Kabutops
>Golispod

Brothers.

Like everyone else I'm happy with Crowswteel so I'm hoping I can have an edgy looking team.

I guarantee, I fucking guarantee that data for all of the pokemon are actually in the game, just like those unused walking animations in S/M
They didnt remove the pokemon because they're lazy, they removed them so they can rerelease the same game a second time with the added features.

You can scratch the mega evolutions off this joke image, the mechanic has been cut entirely.

Attached: 1560366869666.png (218x224, 116K)

>Wailord

Damn right he did

>All this genwun faggotry

Thats a no for me, dawg

Where's Heracross? H-He's in right?

Attached: 1554586808400.gif (500x375, 497K)

Post yfw their "solution" to fixing this problem is to delay the game and add a large number of pokemon back in, which consists entirely of the Kanto dex and a few random legendaries from other regions.

Attached: 1560384817225.png (800x654, 1.1M)

>People want to act like that story about Iwata optimizing G/S is a celebration of Iwata's skill and ingenuity, but really it just shines a spotlight on how awful GameFreak is and has always been.
It's both, really.

Has Luxray even been in another gen, apart from transfers?

Is this actually confirmed?

>retards havent realized that masuda and ohmori hate their fans and do the least amount of work possible to feed off the schadenfreude while raking in fat cash

Attached: 237927911.gif (420x236, 823K)

Lol deal with it.

Attached: 018910910.png (673x865, 116K)

Gamefreak's own laziness and ineptitude is finally on full display with SS. They have no idea how to handle 3D, but while they were able to hide it in XY and SM, they couldn't here.

Ironically, it was almost definitely Dynamax that exposed their retardation. It's almost confirmed that their own idiocy had them make every Dynamax Pokemon have an entirely different model from the original, which would've meant DOUBLING the 3D models they would've had to work with. But in trying to hide their own incompetence by cutting the NatDex, they crossed the one line their autistic fanbase couldn't handle, and broke the camel's back.

Attached: 1533741736269.jpg (719x637, 153K)

Hahahaha, yes! Get fucked /vp/.

Wow look at this genuis. Of course this is what they are doing. They are going to start releasing new generations with only a certain number of pokemon instead of the whole dex and just update models, movesets, etc of certain pokemon per generation.

It's gay

do kids even play Pokemon these days
who are their target audience

Attached: 1560382493267.jpg (900x1200, 229K)

Rest in pepperoni

Attached: pringles.png (475x475, 148K)

alright cool it down retard, how many times are you gonna make the same post just for some shitty you's

I don't personally, but my brother gets every pokemon in just the normal ball nowadays. He's got full dexs worth of them all in the normal ball.

>Not holding down and taping B in rhythm with the shakes of the ball
Literally doing it wrong

who?

You expect them to release a movie with (mostly) gen one Pokemon and not capitalize on that in their next game?

What a fucking chad.

Attached: 1531011197133.png (960x866, 697K)

I haven’t checked because of fear
Is wheezing ok?

I'm a simple man. If the game have Heracross I buy, if it doesn't then I don't buy.

>TSareena
Holy fuck, can I get confirmation?

How can you defend them not having the National Dex in the new mainline Pokémon game on much more powerful hardware than has ever previously been utilized, on top of the fact that GF created the Bank system specifically to facilitate cross-platform Dex persistence.

>implying anyone cares what some random faggot thinks

Some idiot screencapping his own tweets.

>Slogan is literally gotta catch them all
Can't

>kanto pokemon
A much higher chance of surviving than any other region.

END ME THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY, THEY CANT

Attached: Enough.jpg (192x192, 11K)

They can't delay it, they're on a multimedia schedule with the anime, card game and merchandise

Kids won't play Pokemon until it's available on their phones/tablets and F2P.

Helioptile only existed in a desert/rocky terrain. There's a sandstorm weather event in the wild are but I doubt it means it'll be in.

Attached: Heliolisk.jpg (1024x725, 138K)

HeartGold/SoulSilver are literally the best Pokemon games. This was the most love and effort Game Freak ever put into a Pokemon game. When they choose to actually be competent, we get masterpieces (HGSS, BW2, Platinum)

Attached: pokemon heartgold soul silver.jpg (728x546, 64K)

I hate these people who just act like "Well I don't care, so how can anyone?! Just let the developers who constantly make new features and cut them next gen keep doing it!"

Don't Digimon generally have 2-3 moves at best judging from their cards?

It's fake dumbass. There are no megas in the game, although I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some shit like just putting all the gen 1 shit in since they already have all those models from Let's Go Peepeepoopoo.

Good, my shiny wheezing bro has been with me since crystal

NOT MY POKEMON GAME, LETS GO BACK TO SPRITS FOR LOVE OF GOD

Attached: Iwillendit.jpg (250x140, 6K)

Post your fav that survived the Freakening

Attached: Vikavolt.full.2159344.jpg (2813x1783, 627K)

Yeah if only there were a way to do JUST THAT

>Rock, paper, scissors effectiveness
>dude, lets make everything halfway through the game tanky af unless the PC only uses digimon with pierce
>more grind'an
it's a pretty game but they're all about grindan out the most powerful mons.

Unless you mean Crystal on VC then that means nothing.

Everything gets caught in a regular Pokeball, the only exception is premier balls

>torrentialdownpour
Jesus I completely forgot about that.

Attached: 1487497549187 2.jpg (610x481, 113K)

Not since White 2

it's too bad they won't fix his fucking stats

also how is this fucker supposed to evolve in this new region without that MAGIC ELECTRIC CANYON?

You mean emulators? The controls are shit and emulators aren't mainstream and not even on the app store for iDevices.
Pokemon GO was massive with kids and adults everywhere for a time.

>goodbye pokemon...I skipped ultra sun...but this is horrible

Attached: JUST.jpg (600x630, 22K)

NINTENDO, FIRE THIS MAN

Best pokemon games will now be firered romhacks that keep increasing in file size to accommodate all the pokemon.

Not sure if best timeline...

Given that almost every Pokemon only has two move animations (Physical and Special/Status) and is the most profitable media franchise in the fucking world, and Digimon STILL looks better, that's pretty disastrous.

>tfw only got a new bro for the worst gen so far

Attached: meme_by_hereiskoko-db9wmuq.png (600x550, 121K)

>Posted his own tweets 4 times on /vp/.
>Still has the gall to post himself more.
>No one knocks him down a peg.

Attached: Bruh.png (411x411, 332K)

>tfw despite backlash you just know pokefags will buy it anyway

Attached: 1539260138306.png (1280x720, 490K)

>tfw to try and fix this they just put out rushed remakes of every gen in Let's Go style so they can work on it piecemeal for like the next 7 years

I don't care about the regional dex, can we cut that too? Oh and I don't are about the trainers or battle facilities so can we cut that too? Oh and also can we cut the game into 4 games, part 1 and part 2 of each being separate full price titles, then 4 ultimate versions in the same way? Thanks Gamefreak I love you, best devs ever.
Haha.

QUALITY

Attached: 474.jpg (680x730, 246K)

As of BW (couldn't evolve Magneton into Zone in HG/SS, had to trade to Sinnoh) they just contrive in a new variant of all the evolution locations instead of just retconning shit.

It hasn't been in a regional dex since fucking Platinum, but you could catch Luxio through Island Scan in SM.

No.
she's much worse.

Attached: 125337039QVJ7o5p0PJtFA8.png (254x463, 134K)

>there really is no way to please Pokemon fans
Lmao is this for real? Pokemon fanboys are some of the most complacent bootlickers I've had the displeasure of interacting with.

Attached: 1528655720206.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

>6 fucking aolan pokemon
holy fuck that's brutal

So should i play pokemon clover?

When will you fags open your eyes that ALL JAPANESE GAME DEVS ARE BEHIND.
They operate in archaic fashion to just get one thing working and never improve on it. They don't innovate, their language and culture doesn't allow for new inventive solutions for something that already functions.

This is why you still have to lock on to a target in 3D combat ala Zelda: OoT to fucking Sekiro. They don't know HOW to animate in 3D very well and the ones that figured it out are paid more for it and they keep that knowledge to themselves.

This boy ain't gonna make it

Attached: 445.png (475x475, 149K)

Yea Forums has said this every release starting with gen 5 and it's always overblown new game bad shitposting

guys help I don't get it

We'll see, Leg Piss only sold in America because KANTOOOOO and bombed in Japan and this doesn't appeal to KANTOOOOO fags.

"handheld hardware" excuse.

They LITERALLY said that HG/SS were "too good" once.

Yeah that’s what I mean, I have another one on cartridge that’s normal. He has always been a champ

>which would've meant DOUBLING the 3D models they would've had to work with
Aren't there multiple stages for Dynamax which would imply even more models? The clouds count down and we've seen that the clouds pop up with Dynamaxed Steelix. This would likely mean that there are 8 models per pokemon, standard, shiny, 3 for dynamaxed standard, 3 for dynamaxed shiny.

He wouldn't have allowed this to happen. Game Freak pissed on his grave

Attached: iwata.jpg (494x586, 49K)

Hey, you Almost posted my favorite Digimon

Attached: CannonBeemon_b.jpg (320x320, 112K)

Even if you excused the lack of flapping, the sharp turns are still awful.

>only now do the normalfags start shitting on Gamefreak for being retarded
This feels like GoT all over again where a subset of the fandom was trying to tell everyone that the creators are fucking hacks and ruining it but everyone plugged their ears and went LALALA until the last few episodes where they realized it was shit. Fuck you retards for letting this shit get that bad and giving that faggot Masuda money.

>being THIS stupid

Look, here is your (you). I don't even have the mental energy to deal with this level of dumb tonight.

Attached: scoliopede_minimalist_wallpaper_by_krukmeister-d54l9kd.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Masuda said they had to cull Pokemon because graphics and animation yet they still look worse then upscaled Wii games.

>They LITERALLY said that HG/SS were "too good" once.
Wait what? Are you serious?

It looks pretty but it does nothing to fix any of GSC's glaring issues. People only love it because
>muh following pokemon
>muh battle frontier (copypasted from Platinum)

Oh wait no, it's even more if we count pokemon that have differences between male and female counterparts.

Americamon?

Attached: Gundramon.jpg (320x320, 33K)

Fuck, he's one one of my faves of gen 4

Attached: ▄█ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀.png (500x737, 522K)

Interview with Morimoto where he said he went nuts adding features and staff asked him if he was sure they wanted to add that many.

lmao anons, if you hate him so much you should send in into a hissy fit with one of /vp/'s infographics.
Giving free (You)s doesn't tell him to piss off.

Attached: Bait.png (480x320, 15K)

Rotom is sinnoh you fuckwit

That's exactly why GameFreak does this shit
Because they know they can get away with it

That's some presidential rambling.

I just want Audino, Chansey, Primarina & lilligant ;3; do you guys think they'll be in?

Attached: 24ee66c6889dc719dd977751b167d3de.jpg (830x1200, 131K)

waterfags REKT

I don't have the link or image (someone else please post it) but I remember in an interview they were asking themselves if they spent too much time on HG/SS and if it had too much content. It was usually compared to their ORAS interview where the reason there is no Battle Frontier was literally because it was too challenging for mobile gamers.

No other monster collecting RPG series includes it entire roster in every single game. Balancing and accounting for 1000+ pokemon in terms of gameplay, moveset and campaign is not feasible.
GF was always going to do this eventually and they should've done it for real in Gen 5 instead of pussying out.

No, Cannonbeemon, also, don't make fun of me, man, I lost my favorite pokémon forever

Attached: F.jpg (393x550, 34K)

Unpopular opinion, but I always thought most legendaries should be limited to the generation they came from. It makes them more special, and we wouldn't have stupid bullshit like ultra wormholes.

Maybe keep the mythical event pokemon, but honestly who gives a shit about having Reshiram in Alola. Nobody.

Attached: 1526987656328.png (268x375, 33K)

>When will you fags open your eyes that ALL JAPANESE GAME DEVS ARE BEHIND.
no they aren't, retard. game freak is just the japanese version of bethesda.

Wait what? I haven't been keeping up with this game as much as I should have. Are you saying that some Pokemon are just gone now or something?

Attached: 8567467.png (1080x1920, 1.7M)

Premier balls are nice, you just have standards.

I wish I was sad. Even that would be better than this emptiness.

>also, don't make fun of me, man
Don't know what you're talking about mate, just like excuses to post digimon.

Attached: Digimondesigng.png (500x500, 148K)

please kys

KANTOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Shitmons that only furries care about

>Gamefreak
>Ever giving a shit about balancing.

>No other monster collecting RPG series includes it entire roster in every single game.
unlike pokemon, they have budget issues from not being a $90 billion franchise that prints money.
also unlike pokemon, they compensate for that with better graphics, animations and games.

>literally all Masuda had to do was make a complete Pokemon game and they would rake in millions upon millions, even if it was a lazy piece of shit that barely works
>all they had to do was fucking finish the game
>THAT WAS TOO MUCH WORK FOR THEM, THEY MADE HALF A POKEMON GAME AND CALLED IT A DAY

Certain pokemon are no longer being coded into the game, meaning you can't get them even if you wanted to transfer from a previous gen.
Not flat out gone but unavailable until the next game that has them, and if your favourite is a unpopular mon that hasn't been included for three gens then get fucked I guess.

this strikes me as a guy who has been caught with his pants down but has just decided try and bullshit his way out like a politician. Gamefreaks absolute mediocrity of a dev team is on full display here along with the last while leading into E3, hopefully for the world to see. The emperor has no clothes.

Attached: 1404185726159.jpg (552x526, 75K)

>gen I
You're safe.

>animations that other companies have had sorted out since the earliest 3d consoles
>still thinking this is acceptable just from a production standpoint
how are they so incompetent

>They still haven't given flying Pokemon decent non-airborne idle animations

Not that low to the fucking ground. This is just a joke and if they really are sitting on a fucking high horse if they thought nobody would call bullshit at this.

LIST OF FEATURES CUT FROM POKÉMON GAMES:
>Battle Frontier
>Ball Seals
>DexNav
>Difficulty from BW2
>Following Pokémon
>Hidden Grottoes
>Horde Encounters
>Inverse Battles
>Join Avenue
>Mega Evolution
>Move Tutors (until third games)
>Mythical Pokémon quests
>National Dex
>Rotation Battles
>Secret Bases
>Seasons
>Soaring
>Super Training
>Triple Battles
>Underground
>O-Powers
>PSS
>Z-Moves
where did it all go so wrong bros...

Why do you like bees so much

Two good things will come from this.

1. Pokemon fans will eventually stop being complete cancerous babies.
2. Nintendo will get pissed off and sort out Game Freak's bullshit.

Attached: 1527228898583.jpg (666x670, 259K)

Pokemon Go/let's go pikachu blew up with normies/kiddys :< now they're just going for that audience

>moving the goalposts
I don't care about the budget. Budget means jack-shit.
The fact is that there's a reason why monster collecting games don't include their full roster, not even Persona with all the budget it has. Nobody complains about it there.

I think Frillish has been confirmed

Where the fucks

Attached: 1560453446876.jpg (680x383, 53K)

Fucking based Zoomer! These Boomers will bitch and never be happy with any of the changes. While we play games to have fun.

Attached: smug_hoodie.jpg (820x838, 318K)

my first & only shiny, goodbye, old friends ;_;

m-maybe they'll include her...

Attached: shiny.jpg (640x640, 85K)

fag

Are you sure? i thought he was unpopular as fuck

TREECO!!! Dropped.

Attached: 1560453508162.jpg (680x383, 34K)

This is really just proof that pokemon has finally plateaued. Hopefully it'll die off and new developers get a shot at making creature-capture games. 1000+ creatures IS insane but in an age of 2D resurgence, pokemon could have easily gone back to their roots and made 2D pokeman games with quant graphics.

I mean fuck, its STILL a turn-based RPG where you only get 4 moves per pokemon. The battle system is so fucking old can we please get an update to that? Fuck the graphics, clearly the hardware can't handle anything higher than 244p and the dev team is too incompetent to work in 3D. Play to your strengths.

It is.

That may be true, but they still make more fun games.

I have this one cousin whose first game was Ultra Sun. He favorite pokemon is Ampharos, and I refuse to let his beloved Wooly be trapped in Pokemon Home because Gamefreak refuses to code it in.

All of my favorite Pokemon are in and I'm still just as mad about the snap.

i'm a girl you dumb fuck.

>no they aren't
Evidence to the contrary?

Attached: CmwzPPYXgAAbPMB.jpg (236x190, 6K)

based, I had a shiny lilligant in BW

>plateaued
More like finally jumped off the cliff it's been drunkenly stumbling around on.

Why would nintendo care about the main games? Most of the cash flow for pokemon comes from merchandising and now pokemon go. If anything, nintendo CAUSED this. They want to maingames to die so they can fire gamefreak (probably has quotas in the contract that if aren't met they get to take pokemon from game freak). Then once they have the franchise for themselves they invest everything into pokemon GO, the real money maker.

>knight themed pokemon
>cut them
why tho. if they cut aegislash i'll laugh my ass off

>I don't care about the budget. Budget means jack-shit.
based retard. making games costs money. when money is tight, it means you need to make compromises, like only having a couple hundred monsters instead of almost a thousand.
pokemon doesn't have budget issues, and the only other time they've had issues carrying the old pokemon over to the next generation was nintendo's fault. they're just lazy and greedy. they want to hold everyone's pokemon hostage behind their $5/year subscription service while putting less than the bare minimum effort into their $60 games.

Attached: 398Staraptor.png (823x823, 396K)

no other game dev is this bad

All through the 3ds gen, people would defend them by pointing to how weak the 3ds is and that "the switch game will be better!"
Where's that defense now?

the fact that japanese studios have always run circles around the west in terms of making good games.

>Don't Digimon generally have 2-3 moves at best
Generally, yes. But the ones that have literal god-tier power levels have about dozen

youtu.be/0U5f_XivxDk
i will not rest until everyone concedes this was the best pokemon game

Attached: wes.jpg (480x360, 20K)

At first I was going to call you out and say an infinite budget is retarded when you see the sales for the main games aren't growing but in reality taking a loss to make the main games might be worth it if it keeps people buying all the supplementary shit like toys, pokemon go in-game shit, etc.

Pokemon Clover___ IS the best pokemon game.

When has budget ever coincided with the quality of a game? It doesn't take a lot of money to make a monster collecting jrpg compared to other genres and I imagine that Pokemon games are very cheap to make just its peers.
Why doesn't Persona 5 have SMT's entire demon roster? I'd imagine that Persona 5 takes a lot more money to make than Pokemon.

>Wasting all that space on baby pokemon
>Wasting all that space with normal flying birds
>Almost half of it is gen 1
>Skitty line but no slakoth line
>Non alolan meowth and rattata lines
Holy shit did they just pick at random?

no, if nintendo axed game freak I feel the games could only improve since they actually care about quality

>Lol our lazy gimmick this gen is to make pokémon kaiju-sized now
>CAN'T EVEN HAVE A GODZILLA VS MOTHRA BATTLE
JJJJUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTT

Attached: 5bc466db7345b0e1a47e4bc4fbecbca7.jpg (720x1020, 101K)

As much as I hope this is the breaking point and the game bombs and Gamefreak finally gets its head out of its ass, I don't think it's going to happen. LGPE pretty much proved that. You have the hardcore parts of the fanbase making noise about this, but as soon as they say "oh all the Kanto pokemon are in!" you lose the genwunners and the casual audience that played pokemon go/LGPE. On top of that, all this yelling isn't going to dissuade moms from buying it for their kids. Pokemon is a household name, and it's going to be the hot game to buy the kids this season since it's on the kid friendly console. Shit's probably going to break 5 million copies sold easy by christmas, if not double that amount. It's like when Activision previewed cowadooty infinite warfare to the absolute worst reception the series had in history, and the shit still sold like 10 million+. Masuda couldn't give less of a shit about people complaining about this because he knows it's going to sell regardless.

>Luxray isn't in

Now this is personal

Attached: file.jpg (480x363, 16K)

>Pokemon was like most monster catching series. Too many monsters, not enough data to go around. And when we faced collapse I offered a solution.
>Genocide, but at random, dispassionate, fair to old and new alike. They called me a mad lad.

>I could simply *snap* my fingers and half of the pokemon would be deconfirmed. I call that mercy.
>And then, I rest, and watch the sun rise on a grateful fanbase.

Attached: 1560445471150.jpg (1366x570, 261K)

>If anything, nintendo CAUSED this.
Nintendo has nothing to do with this, if Pokémon was developed in-house the quality would astronomically increase. GO is TPC's doing because they need to shill stupid shit no one cares about.

The chosen survivors are probably the ones that don't tank the framerate.

Attached: 8c0d0adefd6940e14024c8d3b916c2590c11d7302b90d80dca054258cb8e8b91.jpg (333x337, 21K)

Based Starbro

Attached: so long, partner.jpg (750x807, 80K)

lol good one phaggot

Attached: 1560270072603.png (562x1400, 340K)

oh no no no

Attached: vgLS2jF.jpg (1013x3163, 341K)

Or the number of models, so rip stuff like Deerling, Burmy, or Silvally.

Why do you fucks always bring up budget as if Game Freak doesn't already have a fuckhuge staff suffering from immense amounts of staff bloat?

The cost of expanding your team rises exponentially. You have to hire a new manager for every 15 employees you hire, and eventually you're going to start needing managers for those managers. Look at Riot games or Valve for examples of devs that got too big for their own good. Once a dev team becomes too big, they simply can't expand as efficiently as they once could, and the amount of time and money needed to put all this together is unfeasible, especially considering the games themselves don't even make up half of the yearly Pokemon revenue.

It's almost as if you retards are talking out of your ass and are merely upset that your favorite yiffbait isn't going to make it in. As if that's the worst thing to happen to these games, and not Fairy types, megas, Z-moves, Dynamaxing, terrible programming, focus on casualization, subpar music, and etc that have been plaguing the series since 2013. No, it's the loss of your super special "bro" Pokemon that is the real travesty.

Attached: Pepe.png (1465x1209, 245K)

I concede. Sure, the story didn't include every mon and double battles could get pretty tedious(Mt. Battle) but at least you could still use every mon in battle mode. Also, this might be the game with THE finest musical score.

Attached: 1554124872301.jpg (195x259, 9K)

LGPE only sold because it was ANOTHER rehash of genwun and had some kind of ti-ein to pokemon GO. My turbo-autistic friend went and bought a switch JUST FOR Let's Go Eevee just to get his faggotty pokemon GO tie-in.

The only people left liking pokemon for genwunners. The rest of us are moving on. Every generation is a new, shit gimmick that we KNOW won't see any more support after it's introduced so why bother?

Lillie is the Tomie of Pokemon

Why the fuck would the company allow a fucking music composer to run the company? That makes no sense at all

Attached: 1550040340506.jpg (1125x1000, 603K)

dumb frogposting shill

Kek! Where did you get this you cunt!

We all know Masuda is doing this to prevent MEGA DYNA FUG Z from happening.

Mega evolution and Z moves have been confirmed cut from the game.
Ultra beasts have been confirmed cut from the game.

Attached: 2ed.png (750x750, 26K)

>run circles around the west in terms of making good games.
What games that are not beaten to death with sequels?
The west experiments and makes new IPs taking risks every generation, even the indie scene has begin to eclipse the old 90s dying horses that even the freshest sequels can't outshine the flies gathering on the corpse; like this Pokemon release.

Tajiri wanted to just count his money and Masuda was the only starting employee to take the job.

I always knew nu-genners didn't really love Pokemon.

You know what? I was cool with Gen 5 limiting the pool of available Pokemon to the 156 new ones, and only opening up to old regions in the post game. A lot of my favorite Pokemon are from the Unova dex. It felt refreshing, at a time when I was getting kind of weary of Pokemon.

But that's not really what's happening here. Game Freak has taken yet another half measure, are probably only making 60-70 truly new Pokemon, and padding the Galar dex with oldies. It feels wrong.

>Frogposter is absolutely retarded

Me and my girl saw some real shit together. I've still got all my teams from Sapphire onwards together and I was bringing them back every game to give em some love, but I guess that's over.

Attached: Mismagius.png (250x250, 39K)

vp thread a couple days ago

Attached: Muffled Fug.jpg (276x268, 9K)

just because the sales aren't rising doesn't mean they're operating at a loss. they have an enormous amount of money at their disposal, especially considering the fucking 'ultra new black and white 2' asset-flips sell pretty well

the cipher peon theme and semi-finals battle theme are god tier among an already stellar OST

It's not like gen 7 is specifically coded to stop Fug from Mega Evolving if he's holding a Z-crystal or anything.

You must not love pokemon either since you like to see pokemon deleted from the game :)

>Look at Riot games or Valve for examples of devs that got too big for their own good.
Size wasn't the issue, greed and laziness was and still is.
>pretending Nintendo isn't willing to fork over some incredibly small fraction of their millions upon millions of dollars of savings to fund more workers on a series that literally prints money and is practically guaranteed to recoup their investment many times over

>Evidence to the contrary
Monolith Soft
Nintendo
Capcom

Hell, it seems like Konami and Game Freak are the outliers. The only other company that comes close is Square Soft, and they're not lazy, just incompetent and greedy. They still produce absolutely fantastic looking games, to the point where you can see the bumps and ridges of Tifa's skin, including the damn hair follicles and where she's shaved (front of her arm) as opposed to the back.

And then there's Monolith, who are the most soulful company around that isn't Retro. Pic related.

Attached: 1482260993293.jpg (4000x3930, 3.51M)

Whilst frogposter is retarded, he's right about the staff size not being an excuse. Companies like Monolithsoft have done extremely well with a small team.
Game Freak's problem is that everyone is a talentless hack who doesn't give a shit anymore.

Pokemon Ranger (DS, 2006)

Attached: 1560433818406.gif (500x375, 878K)

>introduce a brand-new species of creatures
>formulate an entire narrative around them
>they're gone in the very next game
ALL THAT POKÉFAG THEORIZING
ALL THOSE HOURS OF VIDEOS
ALL THOSE POSTS

ALL FOR NOTHING

Attached: 1534618182425.png (441x302, 58K)

IT WAS NEVER WORTH ANYTHING AT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!!!

Attached: pokemon is dead.png (1238x231, 98K)

Yeah I don't like the garbage bag pokemon or the ugly crab with a wig.

Heliolisk can be a Shitmon, but how people will fuck it?

Pokemon went down the moment it went full 3D instead of sprites
the final nail in the coffin was main line pokemon games in consoles.
Gamefreak devs can go fuck themselves with a cactus.

Attached: 589.png (475x475, 126K)

>Monolith Soft
disaster 2 when

>Not a true fan

cringe and bluepilled

youtube.com/watch?v=5QvMqYZTR5Y

Colosseum wasn't the best, its sequel was. It still had better music than Gale of Darkness, though.

could have been kino

Attached: 74955413_p0.jpg (1080x608, 528K)

What the fuck is wrong with that Lapras face

There's gonna be a season pass.
Some Pokemon will be locked behind amiibo.

>"""true fan""" eating every morsel of shit the company squirts out
Every time.

holy shit can Nintendo just get the Yakuza to take out Masuda already then place someone competent in charge

>Low quality Xenoblade image
Suck a dick, dumbshit.

Attached: 1480365600553.png (1280x792, 1.7M)

Attached: bros02.jpg (641x583, 158K)

How the fuck did BW flop? It isnt even the lowest selling pokemon game

This list is all sorts of fake. Lots of those haven't been shown, it's missing ones that have been shown like Tyranitar and Hawlucha, and megas are confirmed gone until the Gen 6 remakes in 2027.

>He favorite pokemon is Ampharos
based

all of these except the gen 1s

>Scizor
>Buzzwole
We made it bros

None of that matters. Gamefreak could triple their staff size and still be financially secure. Their games shit money and they have the backing of the industry's biggest titan, they almost always have only one project in development at a time, and a near monopoly on one of the biggest and most influential IPs in video game and pop culture history. There's literally no excuse for this except that they think they can save a lot of money and manage the backlash.

Nobody's asking them to rebuild Pokemon from the ground up and reinvent or deconstruct the series into something totally new and different. They just want them to do the same fucking shit they've always done: include the whole roster with a few dozen new 'Mons, pretty up the visuals and give us some new shit to do. The Switch is the most powerful system to ever house a mainline Pokemon RPG, and somehow what we're getting is a shell that resembles the Let's Go games just as much as it resembles the tradition games.

>The west experiments and makes new IPs taking risks every generation

Attached: 1493759682168.gif (355x201, 2.99M)

>Super Training
>PSS
It still hurts. Literally the two good features gen 6 brought and GF fucking killed them next game.

>Ohmori makes a shit game
>everyone blames Masuda
How does he keep getting away with it?

Attached: Ohmori-Nintendo.jpg (810x400, 41K)

>Made it in
Based, probably going to be hated by the rest
Flareon

Why do that when the games will sell fine as is? What does Game Freak gain by spending an extra $50 million on staff costs? An extra $20 million in sales?

They're making the right choices as a business, but they lost their soul in 2012 when retards shunned B/W/B2/W2. Now you chodes are stuck with the exact opposite of what Gen 5 stood for, and it's your fault that we're stuck with it. You bought X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon/US/UM instead of B/W/B2/W2/HG/SS/Platinum.

>Karrablast is available
>but not Shelmet
Just watch them fuck up like this

So what if it looks bad? at least the pokedex is comple
lol nvm

Attached: scottish-drives-01.gif (680x380, 159K)

Consider that Gen 1 starters had somewhat district personalities, which was a part of which one you chose, but obviously the design and what you thought was cool was a bigger factor

Charmander was the coolest by far and if you picked anything else you're gay

xenoblade 2 has so many dumb shit that the first one didn't

man the menus were dogshit

Masuda's still the producer/IE Ohmori's boss and the one giving retarded excuses.

Pretty sure there was a female Frilish in the Direct swimming next to Milotic

I'm confused, are you making fun of yourself because you're buying sword and shield because your genwun shit its it or trying to insult me somehow?

What about ultra space runs

You're wasting your time. In the minds of these faggots the only reason a game could be shit is because the devs are lazy. Or there's not enough budget, in which case they're too lazy to give themselves more money

>had my copy of Pearl stolen ages ago
>never got to transfer up my OG Gen 3 bros
>oldest Pokemon I'm actually attached to now are all from XY and ORAS
Damn, feels bad to see people talk about their bros they've transferred up through the years, even if it's in the context of Masuda being a retard.
I could go back and transfer some Pokemon up from Gen 3 now, but it wouldn't be the same.

Attached: 1529761176619.jpg (538x496, 48K)

Yeah I'm a flaming faggot who guzzles semen too thats why I like charmander! So ffffierce! YAAAS SLAY!

Before they had the excuse of having their games be on underpowered handhelds, and then it was that LGPE apparently weren't mainline games. But now they're trying to pull this shit on a completely new gen and make up bullshit excuses as to why they can't do things despite them having full capabilities to do so, so people are finally catching on.

Personally, I'm loving every laugh.

Attached: 67749066_p0.png (1020x850, 553K)

Reminder that Lunatone, Solrock, Bellossom and Tropius weren't in Sun and Moon.

Because they'd lose more money in development costs than they'd gain in new sales. The dedicated Pokemon fanbase will buy anything they shit out, and they could sway MAYBE 50k people if they made the games prettier, made less retarded balance decisions, focused on fleshing out the world, and generally producing a good game. Even Dragon Quest has surpassed Pokemon in all regards, and that series still is stuck in the past more than Pokemon ever was. It still has the same 100 or so skills that it's always had, and they sell it off of brand recognition and sheer quality. Pokemon, on the other hand, doesn't have quality. It has brand recognition, and that's what sells the games. Why would Game Freak improve the games when the quality isn't what sells them?

Fucking Skyrim could make NPC and animals pop out of view a fucking decade ago

Attached: 1379963487404z.jpg (551x668, 65K)

Removing shit designs is a good thing though.

Attached: 1478074161589.gif (480x270, 85K)

amazing that this can even make BotW look pretty decent

Those trees look like they came from OOT.

Wooper's in, but that means fuckall if its friends aren't.

SWITCH PORT WHEEEEN

What's the second to last game in that?

>Admitting fault

oh ok thanks for clearly that up. Now I know you're merely pretending to be retarded.

Attached: 33fd2b.jpg (602x499, 57K)

Don't forget about normal battle theme my boy.
youtube.com/watch?v=d6-P7YqF0F4

Xenoblade 2 might be the One Punch Man Season 2 to X's OPM Season 1, but it's still miles ahead of anything Game Freak has put out in the past 6 years. And they did it with only 40 team members, which is why I give them a pass. That's less team members than worked on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Attached: 1556657592282.jpg (1000x1250, 256K)

That's some pretty water. Is that a Half-Life 2 mod?

the game looks worse than OoT in places.

Why did you post the chicken then?

no way in hell this guy finds his way in, they even had to shoehorn him in the ultra games with the wormholes, when the tribal/alien markings on him would have been a perfect fit for the region

Attached: sigilyph.png (250x250, 44K)

Because the fanbase is made of literal shit-eaters.
Just look at how despite how this game is a lackluster in every single aspect, no one reacted until muh national dex got cut out

Attached: 1418845764561.jpg (303x306, 24K)

It's OK to be gay if you didn't pick the reptile that shoots fire out of its mouth and has a flaming tail

If you would rather pick a turtle or a stupid plant, then cool, you're gay as shit

X is a really pretty game. Aside from DQ11, it's probably the prettiest RPG ever released.

Attached: 1480746623410.jpg (3989x2529, 3.94M)

I'd be fine with Honchkrow disappearing forever, though. Ugly piece of shit.

Attached: Murkrow.jpg (1280x1024, 1.21M)

I wonder if the Nips are bitching too. All I've checked 5ch for is to see if they were complaining about Tifa or not (they are).

>by some miracle, the new games have a masterpiece of gameplay, best gen to battle in by miles
>even if this is so, all everyone will think when battling will be "I wish I could use X in this game."

Fuck Pokemon, I'm going to buy the new Dragon Quest Monsters since Switch has no region lock anymore.

THEY KEPT MEGAS? WHAT? DROPPED.

Colosseum had kino music
youtube.com/watch?v=I9v1DcE7a1E&
yes, they are complaining too, Mega Evolution removal was trending yesterday in Japan

Know what it is? Many people put up with GF's shit, just so they can see if their pokemon get any new toys at all in the next gen. But now that the dex was halved, it pissed so many people off, to the point where they're taking a step back and looking at the rest of the game. And now there's not even the excuse of it being on the 3ds to point to.

2ch and Jap twitter is raging more then the west. /vp/ claims they blame the burgers for buying LGPE.

They're the same kinds of retards that get elected to our government and think you can solve issues just by throwing more money at it.

Attached: 1559704368846.jpg (891x597, 141K)

The game hasn't even come out yet and they found a way to mod big boobs on every character out of spite

Not soon enough. The first was kino. I'm glad my boy Bryce made it in as a Spirit in Smash.

>/vp/ claims they blame the burgers for buying LGPE
based

>since X & Y

Is that it? It stopped being interesting after GSC to me. I played a few more gens hoping it get that feeling back, but I never did. They all pretty samey.

it had a spirit in smash ultimate
I want to believe there's slim chance it could get a sequel one day

it's like I'm actually playing kotor again

>they blame the burgers for buying LGPE
As they should.

>Seagulls actually fly like that
what the fuck

>i-its not gamefreaks fault its japan as a whole?

Why are you pokeniggers so autistic over this shit company?

>Turn-based combat
>"masterpiece of gameplay"
If you do turn-based gameplay, you have to make it like in Persona 5's case and have it be stylish as fuck to do basic shit. Pokemon lacks any amount of substance, which is why you get lazy as fuck animations of Pokemon hovering a foot into the air and acting like they kicked their opponent.

Attached: 1494626159325.png (1024x490, 345K)

Details.

I am fucking seething

Attached: empoleon.png (1200x1200, 553K)

it's a shame that the game doesn't actually look like those screenshots when you play it on a wii u

Name one western game released this year that the main character doesnt have a gun

As a Floridian I'll fucking beat you. They don't just hover in the air five feet from the ground with their wingspan extended.

Attached: IMG_0531.png (1000x750, 1.35M)

you have a template for this? I want to prove my tism

How did pokemon reached a point where a fucking dragon quest looks more fresh than it?

Wait hold the fuck up. Does that mean there will be rosterfagging for Pokemon now?

Attached: 1530565386914.png (400x426, 243K)

reminder

Attached: hjdxD7q.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

This literally reads like a CWC interview. Like, if you replaced the name with Chris and cropped out the question, I'd be fucking fooled.

Nigga they only need a couple million to fix their problems. Go on ahead and tell me they can't hire actually talented programmers and artists from companies like Square-enix or Rockstar by offering 2-3 times their original salary.

Get a several artists and monster 3d modelers from the World of Final Fantasy team. Then get several programmers and 3d environment artist from the Red Dead Redemption 2 team and your set.

I was too late to the Cyber Sleuth party, never having a Vita or PS4, am I doomed to never be able to play a decent Digimon game since the World games?

and then Star Fox Zero came

>Why do you fucks always bring up budget as if Game Freak doesn't already have a fuckhuge staff suffering from immense amounts of staff bloat?
they don't. they are a tiny studio that stays small on purpose so they have excuses built in for delivering worse games.

But he may get purge in gen 9

People were doing it ironically yesterday but I could see it becoming real.

Yes, they said this is the plan going forward so don't get attached to any non Kanto starters/legendaries.

>their language [...] doesn't allow for new inventive solutions for something that already functions.
Explain how a language can have a limitation like that.

>The west experiments and makes new IPs taking risks every generation,
shitting out call of duty and fifa every year is so risky!

which Pokemon would be the Steve of Smash?

It’s the lowest selling first version

This. As much as it would be nice for Pokemon to be good, it is ultimately just an RPG series. Its not the end of the world or anything like some spergs here are acting.

He's in

Attached: 727.png (475x475, 94K)

WE THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET WORSE THAN LGPE AND GEN 7.
HOW WERE THEY ABLE TO PROVE US WRONG?

Attached: 1560118515906.jpg (1024x576, 24K)

>Pokemon lacks any amount of substance
Spoken like a true casual. Go on fucking showdown and play Battle Factory and see if you can win games just by clicking buttons like you're up against a CPU. The whole appeal of Pokemon's gameplay is teambuilding and outplaying your opponents, there has never been a hard ingame.

If by some miracle Gen VIII is the dream meta everyone has been hoping for for years it won't mean shit because half the mons won't be there to try out. Stealth Rock nerf? Ah too bad Volcarona or Moltres can't be used. Ice got a defensive buff? Ah too bad Lapras isn't in to play with. New fire type priority move? Too bad Chandelure isn't in to use it. The list goes on. The game is fucked forever.

What the hell are you talking about? There's not ledge in front of the entrance?

>What does Game Freak gain by spending an extra $50 million on staff costs? An extra $20 million in sales?
>m on extra staff costs
That costs a lot more than it should, but then again that line fits Game Freak perfectly so who knows. In any case, more sales is always better since it further cements the existing userbase along with likely drawing new people in as well. In addition, a higher quality game creates better word of mouth and loyalty for the brand itself (because let's face it, even with Pokemon still selling a ton the fanbase has become increasingly unhappy the last few generations due to perceived lower quality), both of which are invaluable for brands, especially for those like Pokemon with as much merchandise as it has generating even more cash for the brand.

>All of the West = EA and Activision

Okay

archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/35674185/#35677782

Honestly, playing any Pokemon game I almost never transferred old Pokemon over and made do with what was in the game, so I don't have as much personal stake in it as others, but damn if taking out the reasoning behind the friggin' motto of the series isn't a dumb move.

It'd be like Mario deciding to "go back to its roots" by taking the original concept of Mario having a gun, and then fucking that up in every ways Shadow the Hedgehog couldn't dream up.

Garbordor

I can't fucking believe LGPE of all Pokemon games started to look better than ever after reading all this shit.

Attached: 1463512397236.jpg (342x342, 29K)

And what stops those fucktards to get some other dev to help them?

Some contract clause or what? At this point Nintendo should really yank away the development from them and give to someone else.

Attached: 1553179187721.png (282x300, 76K)

>snapped Pokemon will be sold as DLC packs, $15.99 each

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

>all of japan = game freak
okay.

>Cites competitive as a reason to play Pokemon when competitive Pokemon is a horribly unbalanced clusterfuck mess
Ooh, did I hit a fucking nerve there, huh? Huh? Keep eating that shit, GameFaggot. Your toddler game is sooooo hardcore.

Attached: 1551874823284.png (800x800, 375K)

Posting superior Switch exclusive, monster collecting, JRPG. And we don't even know shit about this one yet

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Digimon Survive is coming to the Switch and PC and a rumor that both Cyber Sleuth games are going over to the Switch as well.

>And what stops those fucktards to get some other dev to help them?
Pride, laziness and blind greed.

Wrong it's the exact opposite, now they're forced to put all the 151 in every time because they don't want to upset Genwunners

baba is you

I can only imagine they removed all this shit to give everything in the game a Dynamax model, something that won't even be in the next game just like megas, Z moves, and regional variants, and every other gimmick they've thought of because Gamefreak is incompetent and can't just make a good base and build off of it.

This actually reminded of Ocarina of Time lol

Hey man, at least you can play as him in Explorers of Sky. That's pretty rad

End of argument, Japan BTFOs the west with their games every fucking year. It's not even a contest.

This absolute abhorrent disaster of a game that is Sword and Shield is still better than anything the west puts out.

>concerned with size constraints
>YFW Pokemon SnS ship on 16GB cards

Attached: 1530001926531.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

>MOOOOOODS!!! They're talking about video games on Yea Forums agaaaaaain!

they'll be $50 each because retards bought a $50 mew last time they tried this shit.

Attached: Dfgr9sDUwAEliA5.jpg (1200x600, 161K)

>ALL JAPANESE GAME DEVS ARE BEHIND.
>They operate in archaic fashion to just get one thing working and never improve on it. They don't innovate, their language and culture doesn't allow for new inventive solutions for something that already functions.
please explain super mario 64

Gotta catch em all was never a slogan in Japan. In the West they dropped it after Crystal and only picked up back up again for XY and onward.

GF's problem is just gonna grow linearly as more pokemon are added. It's just not feasible to remake the assets for a growing library every few years, so I hope their current previous gen models are extremely high def.

>Somehow they can fit the entirety of the Witcher 3 and all of its DLC onto the Switch
>But apparently getting all the Pokemon onto the Switch is too much work

Attached: 1551387898278.png (264x195, 43K)

1000 lilies

What is XB2 size?

Monolith soft had issues with XBX and still managed to fit on a Bluray. And both games have ton of shit.

If a pokemon game really hit that size them it's fucking bloated.

>Tfw unironic genwunner
I'd laugh at you shit eaters if the game wasn't so bad. No reason for me to play it even if it has all my niggas

>retard is a wojakposter
As expected by someone whose go-to for turn-based mechanics is fucking Persona.

>pokefags buy up LGPE like candy
>the most soulless cashgrab in the last decade
>act surprised when the new game is shit

Attached: 1556217456190.png (719x713, 587K)

The past gen models were incredibly high-poly. They were designed to be futureproof, as the 3DS's low resolution couldn't even display them properly.

MvCI is 67GB on the Xbox/PS4 and somehow its on the Switch.

13 GB.

Cope.

Never played Pokemon. Was reading through all this bullshit since my buddy's physically fuming. This is fucking hilarious, how did you niggers allow this? Isn't the whole point of Pokemon is to catch 'em all?

Attached: 1463025365581.jpg (600x872, 212K)

Based Dragon's Dogma user. Dragon's Dogma 2 is in the making, brother.

want to know what is really sad about this webm? Taking it at face value you'd think the pop-in is the worst part right? Wrong. Notice the clouds popping in with Steelix as well. They actually did make a new model for Dynamax.

They wasted time and resources this hard because resizing models was too hard for them

>This would likely mean that there are 8 models per pokemon
This is so stupid that I believe it.

What monster collector franchise ISN'T superior to pokémon right now? Or since gen 6

Believe it or not, but you're allowed to discuss a video game on a video game board. Or would you rather have 1000 more threads crying over Tifas tit size.

Audio bloat things a bit and dual audio is dlc, but quite impressive they managed to fit the entire thing on a cart.

Attached: 1536861782822.png (496x399, 421K)

>every dynamax is a separate model
Dynamax already proving itself to be a mistake simply because Gamefreak is too fucking lazy to implement it correctly

she's down to fuck

This. I'm enjoying so much seeing the people who defended that ridiculous trailer then and are now crying like little bitches.

>tyranitar vs volcarona
Granted, it would've gotten stone edged to death, but the imagery alone would've been fantastic.

>MvCI on Switch
Nigger what?

What monster collecting games are even around now other than SMT and Digimon?
Gacha games?

I bet each dynamax model is present in the files for every area as well

>GameFreak: this is just a side game dont worry
>all those people justifying the purchase going 'dont worry this just a side game', 'there will be mainline one in a year'
>LGPE sells well
>GameFreak: lol jk that was a mainline game
I wonder if LGPE did poorly we might be seeing a different story.

Can't wait for gamefreak to make pokemon 76

reminds me of 2005 mmo era where you had to play with everything on the minimum for shit to run

>hey how about scale the models and slap a new texture so it don't look like absolute ass and stretched as fuck.
>Nah just do new models.

Attached: why pokemon lag like a bitch.png (524x467, 68K)

What the fuck is he even trying to say there

Attached: 1517841563504.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Yo-Kai Watch is also getting a new game

Is it really that hard to make a kick animation

>People want to act like that story about Iwata optimizing G/S is a celebration of Iwata's skill and ingenuity, but really it just shines a spotlight on how awful GameFreak is and has always been.
This is so true it hurts. Iwata did what he did in a FUCKING WEEK with the leftover space on the cartridge.

Who here is going to be picking up the real monster game of 2019?

World of Final Fantasy

Attached: 1535073347961.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

Tell me the Pokemon you'll mourn for, bros. Which Pokemon has been with you the longest until now, when they'll be torn away from tagging along on your adventures?

wat, did it do anything other than give you Mew?

I’m sorry fellow Yea Forumsirgins... I’m gonna buy it.
I know I shouldn’t. I know this is bullshit, and know this makes me a drone, but... I’ve been craving a console pokemon for so long I’ll take anything at this point.

Is that Survive? I thought nothing had been put up for it yet aside from "it's a new Digimon game, look forward to it."

But I'm not a furry, nor do I want to circlejerk the DS games I grew up with.

please understand, its too hard when it's 3D lol

A controller that works with a whopping one game.
Now it's just the Pokewalker for Sword and Shield.

Buy drugs, it's a better use of your money.

I really hope it's not shit, I love SRPGs but Digimon games are always a little grindier than I'd like them to be.

the good thing is this shit is going to be alot better than lets go for sure with no more of that faggot ass catch pokemon but dont fight them non sense im actually looking forward to the game. Im not a super hardcore pokemon player like i dont breed pokemon and shit to get perfect stats or whatever but i can see why the fact that not every pokemon can be ported over in this new game is bullshit. I just dont get why they did not include it? I mean you could even bring your mons into that fucking sun and moon shit so what the fucks the deal?

News is pretty slow on it but supposedly it's coming this year

Pokewalker at least gave you some goodies and pokemans to dick around.

That crap only gives you mew.

Monster Hunter Stories and World of Final Fantasy exist user.

So
Its not like sun and moon was that good
I dont really care if the new game is shit
It will probably be at least somewhat fun
And ill get it used in 7 years cheap
You can basically play the ds games forever
Tons of pokemon to trade from gen 3 up to gen 7
Rom hacks
Theres too much good games to care

Gotta say that's a little fuckin stupid even for GameFreak

Well fucking said.

It was a pretty shit controller too from what I've heard

LMAO this is some serious case of autism.

Attached: 1488446042820.png (613x619, 147K)

user, it's a 6 year old mechanic, it might confuse the kids of today.

Theres an interview from before launch with Masuda saying it's a main series game
It's gotta be denial
I played Blue version before I could fucking read, I'm so glad I grew out of pokemon around BW

Attached: 1550861567597.png (500x453, 297K)

this looks like they just reused assets from a cancelled game, it doesn't feel like the pokemon world at all

imagine spending 60$ on a shitty product that you know will be shitty months beforehand

tfw NINTENDO HIRED THIS MAN

Attached: 1545941430249.jpg (570x415, 66K)

Most of the stuff has been negligible before this point. Only autists care about stuff like following pokemon or the battle frontier not returning. Removing the Pokemon themselves sets a very dangerous precedent and the excuses they're giving are only making it worse. Game Freak managed to pull the mother of all Streisands

NINTENDO
FIRE THIS MAN

Up until around gen 5 they managed to keep it together well enough so that their utter incompetence wasn't TOO obvious, but after XY and especially LGPE the mask started to slip hardcore

Watch those retards add all pokemon back on third version and pretend that everything is fine and dandy.

Attached: rip2.png (1280x720, 652K)

>Masuda saying it's a main series game
Masuda can tell me the starters will be a grass type, fire type, water type and I still wouldn't believe him. I'll always consider LGPE a spinoff. With the way things are going, Sword and Shield are looking like spinoffs themselves.

I miss Monster Rancher

Attached: 1559017871960.png (750x750, 369K)

Nigga, outsource to some animation studio. It's not like this shit requires actual programming knowledge

>/mygirl/ megaMawile will never show up again because Gamefreak is a bunch of half-assed incompetents that be bothered to stick with a new idea they introduced
>Mawile will never get an actual evolution to make up for this because they stopped doing that over a decade ago

Attached: file.png (380x380, 184K)

please stop eating gamefreak's shit
nintendoeverything.com/masuda-stresses-pokemon-lets-go-isnt-a-spin-off-future-titles-could-connect-to-pokemon-go/

Me too, dumb wa ha ha poster

is she naked?

based masuda, im going to pick sobble now thank you

>GameFreak: this is just a side game dont worry
literally never happened, they were adamant that lgpe was a main game and "the foundation for the next 20 years of pokemon." it's the apologists who kept saying that it was a "side game."

Attached: not a spinoff.jpg (1536x2048, 376K)

>implying I bought that spinoff

what are the reasons they had to cut the roster anyway? i havnt heard any reasons i dont understand why they didnt, can you fill me in user

you won't believe it but yes. It happened.

Attached: file.jpg (607x254, 115K)

Attached: PokemonEndGamesmall.png (1733x2600, 3.32M)

Too lazy to give all the models new textures.

They can easily make the Megas either permanent evolutions, alternative evolutions or regional forms though. It would be extremely easy to implement and modified the stats appropriately.

Having a ditto safari was literally the only thing that kept me playing x/y for more than a few hours

I should have stayed gone after gold/silver

Attached: 1532883341839.jpg (392x438, 124K)

Nothing could be further from the truth, but you'd be right if you limited some of this to GF.

Because they would need do a different model for dynamax.

Same reason of why mega and Z moves are missing. And that could be solved by just scaling the fucking models.

>everyone who gets the game chooses Sobble

>Google Galar Pokedex
>Ctrl+F Ditto
>0 results found

Attached: oh-my-god.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

laziness, they ported the other models from the 3ds game. Some speculate that the rest of them wouldn't fit on the cart with the assumption that dynamaxed pokemon are different models. With what we know about previous games this is almost 100% true.
>that could be solved by just scaling the fucking models.
>implying game freak is competent enough to do that
Its pathetic really

>by just scaling the fucking models.
Fucking this. The models already have a huge fuck polygon count. Game Freak is just really incompetent.

>The fandom is splintered and super divided because of how different many of the games are
No it's because Jewfreak keeps dropping features from old games to keep selling remakes. No one can decide which gen is the best because none of them is much of an improvement on the other except 1 to 2.

Pokemon is a drug. They hook you with the good stuff, and start charging you more for the shit product.

Me three. I do yearly replays of 2.

Attached: lain.jpg (236x217, 11K)

>Game Freak is so fucking incompetent they need a seperate version of the exact same model for every situation they show up in, bloating the filesize astronomically with not only Pokemon but Trainers (see: 1000 Lillies)
>Absolutely no guarantee your favorite Pokemon will ever be in a game again as Pokedexes are handpicked and one specific Pokemon could be MIA for 3 gens straight (Glameow/Purugly)
>Sacrificing Pokemon that already have models, animations, textures, and data ready for an absent "boost of quality"
>Less technologically impressive than the original Gameboy games
>Arbitrarily cutting features every gen for absolutely no reason
>Everything involved in their latest Pokemon announcement (Sleep, Go Plus PLUS, etc)
Game Freak is the worst dev studio in the industry. They don't deserve the success they have.

Attached: jesus christ.png (1008x989, 457K)

Realistically speaking.

How we can get ride of Gamefreak?

Xenoblade 2 is way better than X1 though

not him but bees are neat and interesting beings

Upscaled Wii game actually look great, never seen Mario Galaxy on Dolphin in 4K? It look amazing.

>tfw lost every Pokemon game from Diamond to Omega Ruby in a move
>Ultra Sun was in my 3DS at the time, barely played it

It still hurts, user. My Bank was inactive and they wiped my mons there too. No backups. Nothing. All gone.

Gamefreak can burn.

Attached: 1550971508090.jpg (506x960, 33K)

fuck pokemon ranger was so good bros

Are you crazy?

Have you seen Mario galaxy or even Other M at 4k?

you know why

You forgot
>can't store all mons on one game now, so you're forced to pay for home constantly

Wait, are Mega Evos really cut from the game?

What the everliving flying fuck?

Attached: 1550908146055.jpg (686x386, 35K)

Buy Digimon Survive instead of SW/SH

They've done our boy dirty

Attached: Blue.png (1084x1080, 490K)

>Genocide, but at random, dispassionate, fair to old and new alike
Let's make that Gamefreak accurate
>Genocide, but at random, dispassionate, fair to old and new alike. Not including Kantooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They are still behind bethesda but hey let's see which company wins the bankruptcy race first

it was just a gimmick user

we need a new one now

:^)

no megas either so can't have mega tyranitar to face it off

I wasn't talking 4k, I was talking resolutions the switch can handle.