Makes Sense

I know Yea Forums hates reddit posts, but this just makes way to much senses given the decline of quality within the games.
reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c055b5/gamefreak_nintendo_and_the_conflicts_most_fans/

Attached: SmartSelect_20190613-201605_Chrome.jpg (1076x1408, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TgzCTJhu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I THOUGHT YOU DIED ALONE...

...A LONG LONG TIME AGO....
OH NO
NOT ME
I NEVER LOST CONTROL
YOURE FACE
TO FACE
WITH THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD

>random conjecture from an armchair analyst on Reddit

Cool beans chief.

By the way, Game Freak is fucking high if they think that Town game will be big. It's just another drop in the eShop shovelware bin. Make a Drill Dozer 2 and then we'll be talking.

I'm just glad GF's incompetence is being more widely recognized

You know this post is basically saying that GF can't do a 3D game and for some reason don't hire more people that could do the job

>GF thinking they can make it big without Nintendo

Top lel. They’ll go the way of Rare, Silicon Knights and every other 2nd party that left Nintendo.

you know, but post reddit anyhow.

Attached: 1560172602529.png (527x526, 222K)

rare didn't really leave because they wanted to

But outside of Tembo their non-Pokemon games are good.

>gamefreak is a small company
whoa... incredibly insightful reddit post

>This means Game Freak has huge pressure to keep making the game fit the new systems. Can't really help sell the 3DS if your game is 2D.
Except XY were didn't use the 3DS's 3D feature. This guy comes off as someone trying too hard to come to GF's defense based off facts everyone knows already and conjecture.

Arguably their only good original IP to date has been Mendel Palace, Pulseman, Drill Dozer and Pocket Card Jockey.

Tembo and HarmoKnight are just James Turner schlock without an ounce of creativity (One is a shameless DKC rip-off and the other one is treading old waters of Bit Trip Runner but with even harsher rhythm timings).

Giga Wrecker is a fucking joke and looks like a student project made in Adobe flash with 3 frame run cycles and shitty physics where you mash debris around. It was IN A FUCKING BETA for 2 years and soft-launched on Steam. Imagine that. A single player game in beta and then comes out looking like trash.

You are deluded if you think Game Freak itself is salvageable beyond Pokemon. Please, PLEASE tell me what's so great about this Town game. We have zero info on it, but from the first impression it just looks like a Dragon Quest clone condensed to a single area.

Attached: 1469024428492.jpg (480x405, 19K)

They did though...

Only in battles though lol

Only during battles, it's 2D otherwise. And it's not like you can't have the 3DS' 3D work with 2D graphics, plenty of games do it, so that's a poor excuse for choosing to make a shitty jump to 3D models.

>Game Freak makes the games, but they’re a much smaller studio than the size of Pokémon would suggest. Nintendo and TPC can’t force Game Freak to get bigger, and don’t have any technical say in what they develop, just control over whether or not it gets to be called Pokemon
Why doesn't Masuda hire more people? The games might make more less than you think but he and the higher ups are still rich, especially since GF is a small studio.

Yea Forums is seriously dead huh

how about we don’t buy game freaks half baked project when it drops so let them know we won’t stand for half ass efforts anymore?

You are probably the OP in the reddit thread

>Linking to reddit instead of just screencapping or copying the text
Faggot

That doesn't work, especially not for a franchise like Pokémon.

Attached: 1560434967082.jpg (376x836, 98K)

So what you are saying is HarmoKnight is actually good then. Also nothing wrong with Giga Wrecker, it looks shit but plays fine.

And the way you post pretty much says "they mostly good outside one or two at worst".

part of this makes sense

we pretty much know they are focusing on non pokemon game. everyone keeps touting that SWSH is the B team and it shows

>complains about random conjecture
>then posts random conjecture but with far less detail

>reddit screencap
>linking to reddit
disgusting

Attached: 1531997963326.jpg (474x570, 37K)

So who owns pokemon? does gamefreak or does nintendo?

pastebin.com/TgzCTJhu

Here you go
Dont give OP clicks

You post this on /vp/ and no one agree with this. Even the redditors hated this and called it out as a lie.

>but with far less detail
Conjectures get less reasonable the more detail you try to put into them, since in the end it's just a guess.

oh no weddit will get 0.1c from you viewing an ad because youre too retarded to install an ad blocker!!!

why?

thank you based doctor

Yes, much better to keep giving them money while they continue to make games you don't like. I'm sure once Pokemon makes another $100b we will get an ambitious Pokemon MMO with all the features people have dreamed about for decades.

Nintendo, gamefreak, and creatures inc

>Why doesn't Masuda hire more people
In a world where profit is most important and pokemon sells 6mil worldwide with graphics and gameplay from 2005, why would spending more money on a new pokemon project than the last one ever be viable?

>From 2013-2015 The Pokemon Company pulled in about $16 million selling games like Black and White 2 and X and Y
How the fuck is that even possible? X and Y alone sold over 11 million copies by Q2 2014, you're telling me they made like a dollar per game?

>It's clear looking through X and Y that they were bumping up against the technology more than their own incompetence
I don't know how anyone could justify saying this considering the number of 3DS games that look better and run smoother even while doing more complicated things.

>baby talking
The fact that this is the average reddit post is why no one wants to go there you dumb nigger

Nobody wants to work for GF

The Pokémon Company do, but iirc Nintendo owns or has the majority control of The Pokémon Company

Holy shit I forgot about Town, that game didnt show up at E3 either LMAO what a fucking dead company.

BIGGEST
MEDIA
FRANCHISE
EVER

NO
EXCUSES

That's what the post say, read the replies and they will explain it to you.

True, they are so desperate they are hiring stupid gaijins now

I don't understand how someone who doesn't browse reddit could find this reddit post

Attached: 1554953498446.jpg (558x457, 229K)

>The Pokemon Company pulled in about $16 million selling games like Black and White 2 and X and Y
Wait what? Didn't XY sell ~15million copies of the game? What, did they make a buck per copy? I highly doubt that.

Yes? What's your point? Making vague statements with nothing backing it up will mean your statement is more likely to be true, that doesn't lead to good discussion though. You may as well just post "some video games are fun" non stop if all you want is to be correct while talking about video games.

No, OP linked a post that has average Reddit responses. You clicked on it, saw that most comments are at least a paragraph long, gave up and came back to Yea Forums where you can post 1 liner quips about how everything sucks.

They don't have the time to make the games run smoothly is what he's saying. Since X and Y, they've had to make a 3D pokemon game every year, except 2015. They don't have the time to optimize anything, whereas when the games were still 2D something like that wasn't a problem.

yeah you are right about that number, that nigger is just pure retarded

I'm just fucking astounded that nobody questioned it at all. What the fuck is going on.

people in the /vp/ thread actually asked that question and surprise there is no answer

I hope Town is good. Gamefreak need to take a break from Pokemon and go back to original stuff. Harmoknight and Drill Dozer were nice.

Attached: pokemon ownership.jpg (800x1120, 89K)

if it is good i'd be ok since i havent play pokemon for like the last 2-3 games already

TLDR Nintendo is a huge Jew who rushes GF to release new Pokemon game for that sweet sweet software sales, new hardware sales, and merchandise sales. Why am I not surprised that the fuckery of recent Pokemon games is also not only due to GF's incompetence. After seeing WiiU, Amiibo, and Labo, it's clear that Nintendo's greediness also plays a big part in it as well. In the end, fans lose.

I'm not reading that shit.

Attached: 1484468088478 2.jpg (867x1193, 94K)

>MMO
just you faggot

need 2 small arrows from nintendo go to both GF and creatures inc as well
they have some stocks in both since they pretty much front the money since the beginning, problem is nobody how much do they own

Black 2 and White 2 only sold 7.81m. If the person is talking about how much net gain they made after all the sales and the cost of production I could see it being around that number in net. The point the writer was trying to make was that the games themselves are less profitable than the mobile game, which is very believable considering how it's monetized.

Still can't believe they let a phenomena like Pokemon Go crash and burn.

All they needed was to get series staple evolution system, trading system, and battle system in there and it'd still be huge right now. They let it be some flash in the pan.

dude it is all about pokemon SLEEP now

>sales stagnate because you're a shit developer who only likes taking the easiest path to profit, even if it means rehashing 2D games ad infinitum
>blame Nintendo instead of your own incompetency
Meanwhile Monolith is doing just fine making games far more complex than any Pokemon, with only a fraction of the sales.

well they don't really blame nintendo personally, looks like just some fag can't handle the reality that GF is at this level of not giving a fuck and incompetency

Nah, redditors simply have the fucking nerve to post here.

I still can't believe this was what it took for everyone to turn on Nintendo
Resetera 100% turned on Serebii and now the mods are freaking the fuck out

>They don't have the time to make the games run smoothly is what he's saying. Since X and Y, they've had to make a 3D pokemon game every year, except 2015. They don't have the time to optimize anything,

How about you fucks just admit Gamefreak is full of incompetent brainlets. Let's actually think about this for a second, since 1999 with Pokemon Stadium Gamefreak knew they would eventually have to transition over to 3D. They finally did so in 2013 with X and Y. This means they had 14 years to devise a solid plan to do exactly that. In that time span they had every opportunity to hire the most intelligent, the most talented programmers and artists in the world to execute such a plan. They instead fucked around for nearly a decade and scrambled to put some shit together for X and Y.

Meanwhile dev teams with even smaller budgets and tighter time constraints were able to create competently optimize games in for the same system with better production value. Such as Yokai Watch and Monster Hunter Stories. Gamefreak had all the advantages and still shat the bed.

>whereas when the games were still 2D something like that wasn't a problem.

Which is why Iwata had to bail their asses out in Gen 2 right? Or why in Gen 3 they couldn't figure out a way to transition over Gen 1&2 mons right?

That is complrtely true, unfortunately.

Longwinded posts are clearly the mark of a genius

And what stop those lazy ass cunts from getting help from another developer or even someone from Nintendo itself?

Attached: 1533701961874.jpg (254x294, 28K)

that makes a lot of sense.
why does nintendo have complete control over pokemon instead of gamefreak though?

GameFreak owns 0% of Pokemon, right? I hope they kick them to the fucking curb some day.

I gave up on pokemon after XY, SwSh looks like another piece of shit. At this point I hope GF goes bankrupt and Nintendo gets full control over the franchise so they can give it to decent developers.

user this trainwreck was a culmination of things. Fans gave Gamefreak the benefit of the doubt for a lot years often blaming the DS and 3DS tech for the shortfalls of the late 2d and 3d pokemon games. But this was always lie, DS and 3DS were easily sufficient enough for them.

Only after seeing first hand what Gamefreak could on a console compared to Nintendo devs such as the Breath of the wild dev team. Did it suddenly dawn on them that it was never the hardware but Gamefreak themselves who were the problem holding Pokemon back.

Also I'd like to point out that XC2 was made by 40 people in two years and as shitty as it may look it's still a generation ahead SwSh

So not right now - we'll kind of, or what we're looking forward to most right now is how the game is received. We'll see it's reception amongst all the players, and really we just... so right now players should become the trainer, throw their Pokéballs, and achieve that dream that everyone should be having including myself - you know it's everyone's dream to become a Pokémon trainer, and you know, take up your Pokéballs and get going.

Attached: troomp.png (356x370, 269K)

XB2 got outsourced to get finished tho.

>Pokemon reddit thread thriving
So this is the power of Yea Forums...

And GF can't do the same?

Yes, but they don't want someone doing a better job.

Attached: 1560313688932.jpg (385x299, 12K)

>linking it
>not posting the text or a pastebin link
gay

THIS IS THE REALEST COMMENT ON THIS BOARD

Attached: 1471898064027.jpg (600x600, 36K)