A game world where you can play as any NPC

>a game world where you can play as any NPC
>they had have a story of their own
>they all react individually to watch you do in the world

It's LITERALLY impossible to deliver on these promisses. If it were half true it'd be one of the biggest technological feats in gaming. It simply cannot be done.

Why does this franchise keep making outrageous claims every new release?

Attached: wdl-standard-edition-lockup_350637.jpg (328x415, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wOISheIuU4k
youtu.be/g075jpjQu-c
youtu.be/sX4HTUuCy3k
youtube.com/watch?v=vgKksQgyy5E
youtu.be/FCeEvQ68jY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>It's LITERALLY impossible to deliver on these promisses.
Trust in Ubisoft.
>If it were half true it'd be one of the biggest technological feats in gaming.
Most Ubisoft games tend to be massive technological feats.

What happens if you kill absolutely everyone?

It's probably just going to be the nemesis system

>What happens if you kill absolutely everyone?
There are 9 million NPCs, I believe. It would take a very long time.

You will just use NPC skin. That is all. They will create 100 characters and hope nobody notice hat in few first rewiews.

great joke user. remember watch dogs 1?

Watch Dogs 1 was a hugely ambitious game despite being a bit of a mess underneath. Name a single promise that they didn't deliver on.

well the game sucked DICK for one and wasn't remotely fun

It's literally just 6 different voiced NPC classes with a few cosmetic differences populating. It's like Borderlands saying there's 6 gorillion guns even though there's only actually like 12 variants.

>Why does this franchise keep making outrageous claims every new release?
because retards will believe it and pre-order

Watch Dogs was good but ugly game. At least story make sense. Not like other WD games.

>make the biggest technological advance in video games of all time
>in an anti-brexit video game
wew

>well the game sucked DICK for one
No it didn't.
>and wasn't remotely fun
It was incredibly fun. It's probably the best open world revenge game ever made. It's the closest a videogame has ever gotten to Person of Interest. The key with early Person of Interest, back when it was good, was that it was basically a moody crime story with tech stuff layered on top of it. WD1 has kino gunplay, kino aesthetics, and a kino antagonist.

The mechanics of watch dogs 1 were excellent, hopping between cameras to survey the area, hacking street lights and shit when cops are pursuing you, even the gunplay was solid. Remember it was a PS3 game, there was no way they were actually going to be able to deliver the E3 footage. I'm not defending bullshotting but that aside, it's a fun game. The second was an improvement in every way. I see no reason why this won't be at least an 8/10 game, improving everything they learned from the first two

I didn't read your post but know that you're a faggot
WatchFags is garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=wOISheIuU4k

WD2's story is less about the personal narrative and more about the broader tech dystopia. IMO the weakest aspect of WD2's narrative is the central conceit that the villains let the player do whatever they want because it's all part of their master plan. Far Cry 5 had a narrative justification for that. WD2 basically handwaves it.

Because everything has been done in video games already and corporations are afraid of new IP, they rely on above average titles with some gimmick for an inflation of initial sales.

But let's say they pull it off smoothly and it works then that would be crazy.

^^^
Then again this is something they want me to say and expected me to.

Attached: dada.jpg (1600x1066, 721K)

Not having a main character makes me not interested. Why would I care about playing as random npcs? It was the same in portable ops and peace walker. I only ever played as Snake unless forced otherwise for certain missions.

>No it didn't.
lol

Attached: 1401515108572.webm (640x360, 2.04M)

>play as an npc
>doesnt specify how many there are

Also the giant robot spider minigame was the one of the funnest things to do in any game period

It is Ubisoft though so it's likely they can pull it off I forgot to add, but using diffrent NPC's mean shit I would read a book nigger if I wanted a fucking story.

Wait, the amount of NPC's is finite?

They're using voice modulation to make characters sound distinct. What this means is that they could have x number of base character voices extrapolated to a huge number through modulation. Where it gets trickier is this idea where every character has a network of friends, relationships, and stuff like that. If you kill someone's spouse, they'll leave flowers at the grave, they'll possibly start dating again later, and stuff like that. If Clint Hocking actually pulls this off, he'll have created the Chaos Theory of open world games. The game every open world game will be forced to aspire to be like. If it actually works, it's gonna make RDR2 look laughably rudimentary.

Honestly 100 characters is enough to mask that you don't have a million characters

>doesnt specify how many there are
it'll be announced simultaneously with the game's sales numbers.

I miss Peter Molyneux's lies. They were more humble.

Just main one NPC and make him your MC

Is there a main protagonist of any kind?
Or do you just play as NPCs the entire time?
Surely that's just gonna fuck up the story and shit massively

Yes if they all die you have to uninstall the game

I'd be like the original battlefield.

>Trust in Ubisoft.
hahahahahahaha
>Most Ubisoft games tend to be massive technological feats.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: file.png (720x427, 431K)

>Open world game with terribly troubled production cycle (WD1/AC: Unity) has bugs. News at 11.

Nope doesnt count. I want to play as a pre defined main character who will be the face of the game.

I’m not really sure what these games are about. What are you supposed to be doing? What’s the point?

>Trust in Ubisoft.

They have done nothing to inspire trust, ever

Attached: 1546128457337.jpg (733x627, 110K)

WD2 is game for blue haired trannies. Nigger nerd start killing people because he dindu nuffin. Aiden was criminal going for revenge. Big diference.

lmao ubisoft made an entire game as a rebuttal to our NPC meme

Attached: 1520894897241.jpg (640x480, 45K)

I'm guessing you play as NPCs but the story will follow a core group of characters that move the story forward

This don't believe ubisoft lies

Why are you posting a screenshot of a bug caused by an Nvidia driver issue that was patched before AC: Unity released?

>a game world where you can play as any NPC
we had this before already sometimes
Maybe one phrase, probably 2-3 words
Is not difficult to do some 10 different reactions templates and mix between them

But even with all this claims being all pretty possible they probably won't deliver anyway

>you play as NPCs

Read that again slowly, you absolute fucking moron

Um, no sweetie. They made an entire game revolving around OUR legion meme.

Clint Hocking is leading the development of this game. He is the mastermind behind Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Far Cry 2. Trust in him.

My nigger dindunuffin he only used l33t h4x

You know what I mean faggot.

Because this is only one of the myriad of bugs Unity had.
And their games are notoriously famous for never ever delivering on the hype they build with the initial trailers and also being massively downgraded.
The only trust I have on them as a company is that they'll deliver a faulty product again.

>anti-Brexit propaganda
Get fucked, Frenchies. How does Achmed’s goat shit covered cock taste?

yeah, and the game sucks.

>And their games are notoriously famous for never ever delivering on the hype they build with the initial trailers and also being massively downgraded.
This is not true at all. Ubisoft consistently deliver on their trailers. They're one of the few AAA publishers who show real gameplay footage on announcement and then have the actual game deliver on that.

What "massively downgraded" games are you thinking of? If you want examples of companies that suffer from huge downgrades, you're better off looking at CDPR. Ubisoft's stuff like Far Cry 5, New Dawn, WD2, WD: Wildlands, AC: Origins, AC: Odyssey, and so on all delivered on their promises.

>Because this is only one of the myriad of bugs Unity had.
That's beside the point. Unity delivered on its ambition despite the bugs. Nobody claims that STALKER failed to deliver because it was a buggy piece of shit.

>$0.01 have been deposited into your Uplay account

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 1.47M)

The Division was a pre-overhaul Ubisoft game. Announced in 2013. Ubisoft restructured their development efforts after 2014's AC Unity and WD1.

True UBIshill. But anti-brexit antifa propaganda is too much for me. I think it will have solid gameplay but i hate story and setting.

I want to build my resistance out of old people.

Watch Dogs 1 was ok but obviously downgraded compared to the E3 demo, and I skipped WD2 cause I thought the characters were cringe. This game actually looks pretty interesting. At the very least I like the roleplay potential. When I play games that have multiple ways to play, like action, stealth etc I try to stick to one method cause it feels wrong if I'm not consistent. Here I can have a specific character play a specific way and enjoy all of the different styles of gameplay.

youtu.be/g075jpjQu-c theres 30mins of gameplay user, whats your excuse ?

Ain't Omikron like that?

>466318392
>our meme
You must go back redditor

youtu.be/sX4HTUuCy3k
Thats just graphical downgrades, there were a ton more of crappy mechanics like cops having infinite ammo and phyisic glitches

it's computer generated.
there are probably like 250k-500k that share a certain trait but everything else is different and mixed around
this, but a bit deeper than borderlands gun system
probably like 30 different classes
go play wd2. multiplayer is probably dead so youd miss out on little if you pirate it.
the "cringe" characters are what makes the game great. they and the game's story are shamelessly stupid and exaggerated.

Pretty easily. NPC's are divided into categories. You need a certain type for certain missions which limits things, allowing them to make cutscenes & gameplay how they want. Each type of category probably has 2-3 unique voice actors. Those are then modulated in pitch to make more, as you can hear in the trailer. Each category probably has a small number of simple stories, but you'll never need more then a couple of each category.

I'm not denying it's cool but it's normal PR speak. It's never as impressive as they try to make you believe. It's smoke & mirrors & the average gamer doesn't question it.

No shit, OP. Ubisott has been pulling this crap for the last ten years

If Ubisoft was a jap company Yea Forums would be sucking on it day and night.

NPC started on Yea Forums, bud. although it was made to purposefully spiral out and catch wind with normalfags.

>LITERALLY impossible
Not LITERALLY impossible, just incredibly unlikely.
And note they never said that all their stories or reactions are unique, only that they each individually react. With proper effort in randomization systems to mix and match shit both in terms of physical build and also in their "stories," you can make EVERY SINGLE PERSON, including villains and even some big bads, completely usable in the way they want. The only real hurdle would be voice acting every single one of these people, but given it's Ubi, that's possible too.
I don't believe they'll do it, but it's very possible for a company of their size.

>466321630
It was a forced meme from /pol/ aka reddit.
Don't pat yourself on the back redditor for doing what amounted to a viral marketing job.

>cops having infinite ammo
Why is that a problem?

Are you actually getting paid for this?
Best examples are RS Siege, Watchdogs, and The Division.

>Watch Dogs 1
>hugely ambitious
It's a generic open-world adventure game about muh hackerz. The only thing it does of note is the hacking system, which isn't anything "ambitious." It's just altered camera angles and turning on some interact icons.

What about Todd's lies?

Have you ever tried carrying 2k+ bullets?

>Best examples are RS Siege, Watchdogs, and The Division.
Literally all those games predated modern Ubisoft.

its ubisoft dude, these chucklefucks have been bold-faced lying to consumers for like 15 years now
and like always, people will complain about broken promises for 10 minutes, ubisoft does literally nothing, and people forget it ever happened.

Attached: shibe.jpg (640x640, 31K)

cringe
Have you tried to get shot, wait in cover for 10 seconds, heal yourself and run away?

Pretty impressive how far you can show a corporations balls down your throat.

How big is this game gonna fucking be?

Pretty impressive how retarded you can be.

No, they don't. Chaos Theory, AC1 and Far Cry 2 do, but nice try

>Trust in Ubisoft.

Attached: drew laughter.webm (480x304, 782K)

>World were you play as NPCs
Atleast they know there audience.

Ubisoft revamped their development cycles after the problems they had with Unity. The first "new Ubisoft" games were in 2017.

>predated modern Ubisoft
>BS Siege and Watch Dogs
Is modern Ubisoft 2019 Ubisoft to you?

Out of all AAA devs Ubisoft games are consistently the most shallow
Anybody could see these are lies

>Game set in United Kalifate
Yikes!

Attached: United Kangdom.png (1500x500, 85K)

my guess is it's gonna all be proceduraly generated shit except for maybe ten or so characters; half of which are tied to the main story and the other 5 gotten through sidequests

Butthurt

Yeah, so? They still have the same practices and the only thing that has really changed is the fact that Assassin's Creed is somewhat decent now

>They still have the same practices
Creating absolutely kino games without crunch that make everyone else's games look bad?

Attached: 1554344989480.png (565x763, 406K)

Expect a strong review embargo and a wave of fanboys with suspiciously similar arguments for the first week after release.

>trusting them after the debacle that was Far Cry 5 and New Dawn

no u

No.

>trusting them after the debacle that was Far Cry 5 and New Dawn
What debacle? Far Cry 5 and New Dawn were absolutely amazing.

>trusting Ubisoft ever

yes, like I said modern Ubisoft is great, buy our games.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>play as any NPC
Sounds. . . . boring.

Attached: 1539689593718.jpg (408x431, 12K)

I bet you've never even played Far Cry 5, underage. It was too kino for you to handle.
youtube.com/watch?v=vgKksQgyy5E

Far Cry 4 was better than this schlock.

Far Cry 5 is better. Deal with it.

here have a (you)

Attached: 1520895010392.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>Why does this franchise keep making outrageous claims every new release?
Because they can get away with it like every other developer that blatantly spouts bullshit to hype their games. What are you gonna do about it, sue them?

Why would you care about your character if they just die and get replaced by anyone.

Far Cry 5 was ok because Seed was great
New Dawn was horrible with awful antagonists, shitty grinding and weird gameplay in general
>You tried shooting a purple enemy with a blue weapon, you dealt nothing in damage so go liberate the same outposts over and over again till you can upgrade your base to upgrade your weapons
And I have to say again, the twins were incredibly bad which is especially egregious since the antagonists are the only good thing about FC games

NPC drones enable AAA developers to publish garbage and still get paid. Standards drop in line with changes in societal standards. These are all effects coming straight from the top, albeit from different angles.

It's literally impossible because it's not a NPC if you can play as it.

why is this impressive? they just generate a random plug and chug story for each one? its technically unique for each if you randomize like 10 pre set "backstory" options

It's not that unfeasible.
>have a few dozen fixed story characters that are mission unlocks
>have mass produced/procedurally generated generic characters that constantly fill out the world

Given Ubisoft's resources it's probably not unfeasible they had every voice actor do takes for all the unique character deaths and a generic version for the generic characters.

it will probably be like a dozen or so "classes", and then some kind of THPS create-a-skater engine which they roll up citizens and assign a class and generated bio to.

>Far Cry 5 was ok because Seed was great
Shitty ending though

Why? Because he was right?

>New Dawn was horrible with awful antagonists, shitty grinding and weird gameplay in general
New Dawn's gameplay was fantastic. Huge improvement over previous games in the series. You could no longer cheese your way through the entire game with the starting assault rifle. You have to leave the guns you liked behind in favor of new ones. The outpost escalation system was a huge improvement. As were expeditions.
>Shitty ending though
Far Cry 5's ending is Biblical kino. It's the only way the story could have logically ended. You opened the seven seals, and God's wrath was poured out upon the world.

>>You tried shooting a purple enemy with a blue weapon, you dealt nothing in damage
You tried to shoot an armoured enemy with a shitty rusted gun. Wow, it was ineffective, who saw that coming.

OP here. Stop being 20 IQ, guys. If your argument is

>Ubisoft has a lot of resources, they will just create X amount of templates and shuffle them

You are LITERALLY confirming what I said, not proving it to be possible at all. It still remains impossible and unfeasible to have every NPC have a unique personality, a unique story, unique reactions etc., meaning one of a kind, which is what they said, or at least heavily implied, at the conference. That's technologically impossible and would take a gargantuan amount of man hours.

If they create a few presets and randomize them, then they have already not delivered on that concept. They cannot deliver on that concept. That is the point.

its garbage

Don't be a dumbass.
You can recruit any NPC, it will use 1 of 20 predetermined voicesets.
It gets plopped into the center of whatever generic story segment you're already working on.

Each character won't have its own story, but each archetype might - old people, hackers, punks, etc.

What the fuck are you talking about
What sense does it make that the same gun does different damage just because it's a different tier?
This isn't an rpg
>We put a plastic bag on it, now it's better!
Not to mention that it's just there to artificially inflate the runtime of the game
ND is mobile game tier

What is garbage?

He has to be right all the damn time, to the point another game was made purely to prove him wrong.

>hasn't heard of procedural content generation

Attached: 1548377910979.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

>procedural content generation
Fucking disgusting

So how many hours will it take until new NPCs start repeating lines from previous ones that died?

>What sense does it make that the same gun does different damage just because it's a different tier?
The idea is that the guns you start out with are cobbled together pieces of shit. It's like asking why one blunt object does more damage than another blunt object.
>This isn't an rpg
It kinda is, though. It's basically in the same vein as Fallout 4.
>Not to mention that it's just there to artificially inflate the runtime of the game
???? How do you figure? If you focus on upgrading weapons, you can get all the best guns in a few hours. Normal players will take a more balanced approach, though.

Attached: 1546275981052.jpg (1192x976, 78K)

>So how many hours will it take until new NPCs start repeating lines from previous ones that died?
Will it really matter, since each character will have unique voice modulation on those lines?

Do you think the left are sometimes hilariously tone death and lack any self awareness. The narrative of this game is more or less you play as violent Antifa NPCs battling against Brexit and its perceived impact on future London.

what, you're gonna tell me that you didn't like Diablo all along? go to bed faggot

New Dawn reaffirmed that Joseph's prophecies were genuine. The problem lay in his interpretation of his role. He thought he was the Lamb of God, but he wasn't.

>tone death
you might be deaf-deaf

every ubisoft game is a bullshot

>each character will have unique voice modulation on those lines
Bullshit. They may have different voice modulations for NPCs with different classes and physical characteristics, but the ones that share it will surely repeat the same lines down to the voice actor

calling it now brexit doesny happen and the game gets canceled. IT WAS ALL A PR STUNT

>Name a single promise that they didn't deliver on.
every single one

They already said they have 20 character “archetypes” that you can encounter.

There’s 20. 20 different types of NPC. Voice modulation will make them sound different but they will have the same lines and react the same way.

No, I mean they're literally using realtime voice modulation tech on the dialogue. So character A will sound different to character B even though they're the same voice actor saying the same line. There are limitations to such tech, sure, but it will help prevent "Hey, it's that guy" recognition.

They promotional stuff is already saying "most" instead of all. The backpedaling is real

Did they ever claim that literally every single NPC in the game is unique?

Their E3 conference.

Ok, I get it now. Let's see if they can pull it off, though I'm still putting my money on "no"

you win

>They promotional stuff is already saying "most" instead of all.
You can't practically allow the player to play as the game's villain, for example.

Thats what I was thinking, just Ubisoft pulling the same concept from ZombiU.

It's basically a hybrid of the Zombi U system, and the Fangs/Guns for Hire system in Far Cry Primal/Far Cry 5. The randomly generated companions with traits in FC5 was clearly a prototype for what they're trying here. Primal even had an option for permadeath of animal companions.

there was a guy who branded every orc in Shadow of Mordor and assigned them to the same warchief
don't underestimate people

>It's LITERALLY impossible to deliver on these promisses
its not so hard
each npc basically rolls a set of skills and traits
they have dialog boxes of their origins, or have a shared cookie cutter story with a bunch of other guys. you're mistaken if that drone expert was a standard expectation, he was a story quest
people playing the game said that once you got a new party member they act like they've alwayw been there

if you want to see what this game's NPC system works like its probably something similar to State of Deacy 2

>anybody you see can be recruited to your army!
>supposed to believe that every single citizen can hack, drive, shoot, and fight like a spec ops warrior

This is the dumbest premise. How anybody can suspend their disbelief enough to think this is cool is beyond me.

Hey, at least Ubisoft doesn't need to pretend that their MCs don't fucking suck

They're targetting the game to the snowflake demography filled with people who think they can do anything

A game with that many characters and stories sounds like it will end up shallow.

It’s like the gimmick with Mario’s hat in Odyssey but without any charm.

I see this as Ubisoft’s attempt at Saints Row with all the wacky characters you can be whoa~

Attached: EF71E0EB-C5A6-42A3-8231-4C5B4F7F83E1.jpg (648x806, 102K)

the granny was clearly gimped physically, she couldn't move like the other ones so that will definitely be a factor, not every character has equal stats/skills. Otherwise it's a fucking video game what do you expect.

I think the biggest part of the ambition is this idea that NPCs have social circles and relationships and the death of an NPC will affect every NPC that was close to them.

>>supposed to believe that every single citizen can hack, drive, shoot, and fight like a spec ops warrior
Did you see how long it took the granny to climb over things?

Incidentally, I bet they're using motion matching in this game. They pioneered it with For Honor, but they haven't implemented it in any of their other games yet. I felt the animations when Ian (I think that was his name) crashed the car, got out of the car, and scrambled to his feet were very clearly more sophisticated than the kind of animation you saw in older Ubi games.

Sure thing fren
youtu.be/FCeEvQ68jY8

Far Cry 5 has a game engine capable of entity persistence. Far Cry 2 doesn't. Far Cry 5 is overall a huge technological leap forward.

probably just lower some stats for a while
npcs will probably have 3 mods
>new recruit
>unhappy
>vertern

Far Cry 2 didn't even model bullet physics.

Yea Forums was right Ubisoft threads are full of shills

Who the fuck remembers a generic character from a trailer from E3

Never buying Ubishit again in my life HECK off shill

Attached: D597091D-B330-4874-A15A-B90EF7565357.jpg (682x761, 324K)

Considering there's only about 15 unique named orcs in any player's game, this isn't a big feat.

Apparently NPCs will change their schedules in response to events in their life. If you stalk an NPC, you can watch them go about their daily routine. Kill their family member, and they'll start visiting the graveyard. Eventually they might meet another NPC and get into a new relationship. It sounds bonkers if they can actually pull it off.

>Who the fuck remembers a generic character from a trailer from E3
>Former secret agent grandma who is physically frail but can tazer the shit out of people.
>Generic character.

It better be, it is the 5th in that series.

Cope harder. I own every game in the series. 5 isn't bad, but it's a lot of steps backwards. Blood Dragon is the best FC since they got rid of Carver.

Attached: Jack_carver_instincts.jpg (310x211, 27K)

Anyone that knows the tricky jew tactics of this industry will of course call bullshit, but not normies. You just KNOW it's not A BILLION TRILLION stories. It's gonna be like five story types for males, five for females, and then they'll add five more that can pop up for both. That's me being nice about it. I expect it's the same three or two types of story, maybe even depending on what "class" they are so they can recycle the stories for both men and women npcs.

Yes? Oh shit a granny lol so randumb

Far Cry 5 is not a lot of step backwards. For example, in Far Cry 2, all bullets penetrate metal. In Far Cry 5, only armour piercing bullets penetrate metal. In Far Cry 5, weapons aren't hitscan anymore. The idea that FC5 is a step backwards is just autism from people who don't understand creative decisions behind game design.

Holy shit! Its Fable 4! Peter Molyneux you crafty basterd, you were hiding in ubisoft the whole time!

I disagree with you, but mad respect for posting Instincts. That was the last Ubisoft Far Cry that tried to understand the original material. Same deal with Rainbow 6: Raven Shield. That was made by Ubisoft, but it played like a Red Storm game. Every subsequent game missed the point.

And that justifies the shitty revival system for gfh and enemies and the toning down of fire physics, and phasing straight through bushes instead of actually interacting with them? If you think so, great, but it feels less immersive to me. Not to mention 2 starts off with 'You won't see more planes.' You in fact do not see more planes. Vs FC5 where Nick needs his LAST PLANE recovered. Oh neat INFINITE PLANES.

>It has bugs so it's not fun/good
Although i enjoy the game there are definitely arguments against it, but this isn't even a remotely notable one

>Patched pre release
Lmaoing at your life shill

Probably like goat shit

>And that justifies the shitty revival system for gfh
What shitty revival system?
>the toning down of fire physics
Far Cry 5's fire physics are fine. Fire in FC2 spreads the way it does because it's dry.
>and phasing straight through bushes instead of actually interacting with them
Lack of vegetation interaction is a general problem with Ubisoft's games compared to Crytek's ones, to my annoyance.

The AC Unity face bug was an Nvidia driver issue. Only occured on a small range of GPUs. Ubi patched the issue to work around it before the game was released to the public.

>but this isn't even a remotely notable one
a game playing like it's in an alpha stage upon release is not notable?

shadow of mordor managed to do this 5 years ago tho

Does their daily routine consist of walking aimlessly around the city?

In FC2 when companions go down there's a chance they don't get back up. Enemies fireman's carry downed enemies to safety or get up on one knee and keep shooting at you. In 5 you walk over and say 'it's ok buddy' and everything's cool. Dog take a rocket to the face? Nothing a pet won't fix.
Yes Africa is drier than Montana, but that doesn't mean fire shouldn't spread at all or even be ignited by RPG exhaust

No, because the orks in Shadow of Mordor didn't have actual lives. You couldn't stalk an Orc and watch it go to work, go on a date, fall in love, deal with loss, etc. What Ubisoft are attempting is basically unprecented in open world games. It's the Skyrim Radiant AI system, but with NPC social webs in a city of 9 million NPCs.

>In FC2 when companions go down there's a chance they don't get back up. Enemies fireman's carry downed enemies to safety or get up on one knee and keep shooting at you. In 5 you walk over and say 'it's ok buddy' and everything's cool. Dog take a rocket to the face? Nothing a pet won't fix.
Far Cry Primal offered companion permadeath. Players didn't like it. If you ever wonder why something is in Far Cry 2, but not in Far Cry 5, the answer is usually "Players didn't like it."

Do you consider acquiescing to retards in focus testing a good thing?

Attached: 1123980810277.jpg (640x454, 140K)

For better or worse, Ubisoft have built their current empire on pandering to players. The only area they don't pander is narrative. The Far Cry games are unapologetic narrative "fuck you"-fests placed on top of a mechanical framework of player empowerment.

It's easily doable. Get a list of ~80 or so attributes a person might have, such as "Old", "Norfham FC supporter", and "Likes chips".
Give each person 5 of these at random.
You now have 24 million potentially unique characters, or about 5,000 before you find two of the same.
Their backstory now consists of 5 pieces of information, and while there is considerable overlap, people's backstories will be different. It's like this IRL too, people have very similar overlapping backstories.
Then all you need to do is to write how a Likes_chips character would react to what the player does, or what a Norfham_FC character would do in response to what the player does.
You now have a world of 24 million unique NPCs which have a LOT of overlap in how they react to things, much like London IRL.
Just look at how people IRL are all unique but react in extremely predictable and categorical ways, and port that to a video game.
I'm obviously not going to buy the game because I strongly support racism and Ubisoft strongly opposes it, but you can implement this system relatively easily.

While I've appreciated the conversation you've forfeit on every single point. I agree that FC keeps the stories pretty well done [ND excluded]. I own all the games because it's a series I truly enjoy, I just wish they'd kept a more realistic gameplay approach instead of the more arcade feel that newer FC have. Only major problem with realism in 2 is malaria.

hello fellow 4channel Yea Forumsideogamers, i am very mad about politics please do not discuss Ubisoft's completely inability to make a fun game