Epic Games is artificially increasing sales numbers. The only ones buying games on the Epic Game Store is Epic Games...

Epic Games is artificially increasing sales numbers. The only ones buying games on the Epic Game Store is Epic Games. What a fucking joke.

Attached: rofl.jpg (590x340, 111K)

Embellishing numbers a bit isn't a big deal. The Epic Store is the most consumer/dev-friendly store.

>Epic has it's sight on Jap games now
WTF? Didn't they say they weren't interested?

Attached: 1390098307077.jpg (309x346, 15K)

Literally what is the point of making a game if no one is playing it? you get money but there is no one actually playing it. What is the point?

>T. Randy Pitchfork

Desperation.

80% of mobile games are chineses rip off of japanese video games they are filthy liars saying they weren't interested

Yeah Playstation did it with Horizon and Days Gone.

>SNK
>Japanese

ironic wumao is still wumao

So let me see if I get it
>Publish your game in our plataform
>In return we will buy hundreds of pre-order copies
Is such thing acceptable? Seems fishy to me.

fuck I guess I might buy Samsho

the most dev consumer friendly practice is putting your garbage shovelware game on every sales platform available instead of essentially selling out to one platform for an advanced payment on assumed sales your shit game would make

Why are you on twitter?

>pre-order of hundreds of thousands
>Epic exclusive Satisfactory has sold over 500000 units
that explains it

Based Epic letting me pirate games for free by paying upfront.

>Cheers, bro, this one's on me.

Attached: 1559875576999.png (696x493, 362K)

Based Tim
This truly is 4 the players.

It's called investment, Epic invest and buy the games in bulks (in large quantity, cheaper price), then they sell it at a higher markup and profit. The publisher will profit with Epic Games buying the game earlier, and Epic Games will profit when the consumers buy the game from their store. It's business.

So, Some chink got a business offer from Epic Games and didn't read/understand it correctly?
How is this bad or epic games' fault?

(continued)
SO if you hate Epic Games Store, spread the words and tell your friends to not buy game from there, then Epic will have millions of game stocks that they will never be able to sell, and POOF bankrupt they go. That's actually an advantage for digital storefront, you don't need to have a big warehouse to keep stock, but it's a retarded strategy from Tim to dump so much cash into getting exclusives.

Fuck people who played and supports fortnite, they are cancer that helped Epic to fund all these bullshits.

It's a bribe without technically being a bribe

It's not really a bribe, they are just stock-keeping.

You really don't get how Digital Distribution work, or is this bait?

remember when World War Z was boasting about 300.000 EGS purchases?
just how many of those where Epic themselves, around 90%?

no they didnt
bundling your game with your console is still selling it

No, you have no idea how the deal works.
>We buy your first 100k games
>But you gets no extra profits from us selling those 100k games however we wanted.

Just don't buy their game, it's me being retarded trying to act like a drone.

they want any game that might generate a few million or more in revenue

It's basically just a distribution deal, where epic is paying full price in advance for X amount of copies to a company and in exchange for all of those advance sales they are confident the game they paid exclusivity for will be enough to Break even and or create exposure for the brand to justify the hundreds of thousands of copies they already paid for

would have to be, that game looks awful and nobody talked about it

yeah its kind of funny how fast discussion died for that game
i dont think anyone on Yea Forums ever brought it up other than shills boasting about sales

lets get this started ladies and Gentlemen
>an online store in 2020-1
>without a shopping cart

Attached: HERP ME TIM.jpg (870x633, 258K)

imagine if instead of spending millions of dollars per game tim invested that money into making his store in the first place

But that's not how it works at all user.
Most likely Epic will just pay for some guaranteed sale (read:bribe) just to ensure the exclusive deal . Any actual sale made by real customers afterwards are split 88/12 just like normal. Why would the publishers give up 100k sale like in your example?