Not gonna waste money on this shit

I had planned to boy Sword and shield..but nevermind..the fuck is the point anyway? the slogan is "Gotta Catch Em all" not "Gotta Catch Some Of Em"

Attached: pokeshit.jpg (679x453, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gotta_catch_'em_all!#Retirement_and_return
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I see what they want to do, there’s basically zero niches for Pokémon from an in game perspective nowadays and powercreep is out of control. Actually do think removing megas is a good thing but this is the wrong way to address those issues.

actually same, and the worst part is that i bought the switch to play Pokémon
luckily there's BOTW sequel and Astral Chain on the way

Hilarous to see shit-eaters whine about this irrelevant shit when much greater offenses (like ridable pokemon being replaced with a bike) didn't bother them

Attached: bike.jpg (1477x975, 499K)

Honestly, do you actually have the patience to catch over 800?

irrelevant? nigger the basis pokemon was built on was to catch all pokemon....you cant really do that when not every pokemon is available to you to get. its the fucking title you moron. get the fuck out of here with your ridable pokemon bullshit.

tbqh, I'd be happy with just 75 pokemon if they could stick them into the world in a believable fashion. As in they aren't just wandering around waiting to be captured. Sleep and hunting cycles and all that jazz. Monster hunter but with monsters not so big.

>nigger the basis pokemon was built on was to catch all pokemon

No, this was just some retarded marketing motto.
Pokemon has always been about travelling with 6 carefully chosen bros to train them for the league

That is not the basis of Pokémon was just a marketing thing for NA and hasn’t been a thing in forever.

Have sex, manchild. Pokemon is moving on without you. Your parents hard earned money will finally be put to something better than your obsession to your "golden years"

Attached: 1557340496317.png (329x325, 59K)

We'll see when the sales figures hit for this generation.

Attached: Sales.png (912x807, 51K)

How is 2ch taking the news?

underage new fags who didnt play gen 1. fuck off

how autistic do you have to be to care about this shit? seriously, what the fuck? I've played every Pokemon game since Red and I dont give a shit. I've transferred Pokemon a couple of times but it got boring after the third game.

For the past few games you couldn't catch them all since most Pokemon were only accessible through trading/transporting. GF is lazy as fuck but catching them all hasn't been a thing for over a decade

you must be over 18 to post here zoomer

I’d they add kingler/starmie I’ll play it. If not, not.

t. genwunner

Gen 1 and 2 were back when it was feasible to catch 'em all. A few hundred Pokemon is a challenge, 800+ of the fuckers is just plain autistic.

Agreed but desu I really needed Pokémon to die. Fucking series destroyed my life. 26 and hugless + kissless.

This is a solid idea but Pokémon battles are too quick for that to be enjoyable. MH works because of how long it takes to dispatch a monster.

It's not about catching them all in-game (which, as I recall, hasn't actually been doable since HG/SS), it's about the game supporting them on import.

It's one thing to say "we aren't going to put an encounter spot for all 900 pokemon in the game"; it'd be cool if they did, it was cool that HG/SS did, but it's a design decision that can be tolerated. What ISN'T okay is that this is the first time EVER, in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE, that the game code literally does not exist for all current Pokemon on the game cartridge.

If your favorite pokemon, who's been with you for 5 generations, isn't in, tough shit. If you've got a competitive team and you use certain mons that didn't make the cut, tough shit. It's not about being able to catch them again, it's about them literally not existing in the game. That you don't understand the huge qualitative gap between this and "you can't encounter every single Pokemon in the game", which incidentally has never ACTUALLY been a thing in Pokemon (which is why every gen has paired versions), then fuck off.

You have an entire cryhole board to go to, why do you shit up Yea Forums even further?

It's the competitive cunts from /vp/ that think they're allowed to leave their containment board now that a new game is coming out.

The slogan "gotta catch em all" was created by the English translation team or marketing team you faggot. in japan its just "lets get Pokemon"
what kind of autistic faggot actually takes these shitty games seriously anyways

It's been the backbone of the international marketing since Gen 5. They only dropped it for gen 3 and 4. It's been a thing for the majority of Pokemon at this point.

Their only reason is laziness.

You didn't even get anything special if you caught them all back in Gen 1. Nothing happened. It was no big event. No one cared.

How in the world are you hugless

It's a joke you autistic fuck

That would be cool

what the fuck did they do
t. only follows vidya news of .flow and YEYE
remastered file #1 is out on steam, where the fuck are the threads

Too many Pokemon? -- Don't cut them at random. Just do gen 1 or gen 1 & 2. I'd rather have a good game with just all gen 1 than some handpicked litter of pokemon that they could get to work with minimal effort.

>In law, puffery is a promotional statement or claim that expresses subjective rather than objective views, which no "reasonable person" would take literally.
I bet you think Red Bull really does give you wings too.

Attached: seething wojak.png (633x758, 16K)

But in every single other mainline release thus-far, it has been possible to catch them all...

I completely agree with what you've said, I was just pointing out that you never really "caught them all". I really hate GF's decision and their excuse that there's a hardware limitation (how the fuck is the Switch less powerfull than the 3ds, rewatching their treehouse explanation was embarrasing) when the game could of just reused everything in USUM is retarded. I just wish the criticism with GF's decision was directed towards pointing out their bullshit excuses making no sense instead of holding them to the standards of shitty marketing slogans.
Sadly I'm still going to buy the game because I skipped Gen 6/7 and I just want another game for my Switch. They haven't fucked up the core game enough to make me boycot the game like other fans of the franchise are apparently doing

Not catch them all, no. Catch 50% and trade/transfer the rest. Still dumb, but the slogan has lost some of its meaning since gen 3.

> tfw you'll be able to ride on the monsters like this in Erik's upcoming Switch title
Pokefags BTFO, superior Mon game coming through.

They had to cut pokemon in order to make room for these high quality animations

Attached: 1560383078791.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

Its not about being compitive for me...its about being able to play with the pokemon that ive had since gen 1...Im hoping to at least be able to get an Evee.

i've been playing pokemon since gen 1 came out when I was in 6th grade, yet I've also had a normal social and sex life as an adult. pokemon is not why you're a virgin, user.

This.
Fuck this retarded waterbike

Attached: if only they had fired turner and hired that man.jpg (1107x1447, 234K)

>Just do gen 1

I'd rather not have a repeat of Let's Go.

Cool blogpost user

>playing pokemon past gen 2

eek

Gamefreak just wants you to pay for their shitty subscription service instead

My problem is that they are cutting corners and not even bothering to compensate for it. GF decides to provide us with a severely gimped selection of Pokemon but doesn't remotely bother to take the opportunity to make more move animations and livened models with the lightened load. Yet they'll still charge full price ofc. for what will be in effect less than what we had in 3ds.

Im honestly impressed how much noise you people are making despite the fact you will literally change nothing

FUCKING THIS!

>3d console pokemon that people have been asking for for years
>game has 3d animations and models that much more complex and full than 2d animations and models
how are they cutting corners or proving a gimped version of Pokemon? the game play is the same as old 2d Pokemon and the graphics are better. its a direct upgrade to the 2d pokemon that you're comparing it to.

Irrelevant? The point of Pokemon IS THE POKEMON! To make it so every game now has a limited selection instead of full access to every mon up until that point (via a combination of catching/trading/transfering) is more disgusting than any shitty graphics.

The series has survived and thrived up to this point compared to other monster catching games because it tried to never cut out pokemon and you were almost always allowed to transfer old pokemon unavailable in-game from older entries. It is literally what puts pokemon above everything else like digimon or yokai watch.

5/6th gen zoomcucks btfo

>XY and SM higher than E, Pt, HGSS, and BW2
We caused this decline...

>2d
>on 3ds

???

>literal manbaby crying because his favorite teddy bear isn't in the new game
holy shit kys

Off to a great start already.

Attached: haha i don't really know.png (906x1200, 504K)

Basically, only Pokémon from the Galar Pokedex can be imported to Sword and Shield. No mega evolutions or Z moves, either.

Get a load of this genwunner nigger who doesn't know the games have been in 3D for multiple generations already.

And not just that, they said that this policy will be continued in future games. Only regional pokemon allowed from now on, anything else won't be compatible with games.

Haven’t bothered to “catch ‘em all” since gen 1. I only catch all the pokes in the featured region. Only extreme autists (less than 1%) are complaining.

I'm not getting these games because the last three games I got (OR, Moon, Ultra sun) all sucked ass and I didnt even enjoy the play of games. Gen 5 really was the last time I enjoyed playing a pokemon game and its a shame that it died once the move to 3D happened.
If gamefreak actually gave a rats ass about making this game for actual fans and not normals addicted to GO and LGP/E, then I would be reconsidering anyway, but theyre lazy and cut costs constantly

Attached: Kill yourself.png (479x381, 217K)

Theres like a thousand fucking pokemans now. Why would you waste your time?

Despite everything, you WILL buy these games anyways. Don't lie to yourselves. You need your fix and don't want to miss out on playing with the new Pokemon available.

It's the journey, not the destination

How much did lets go sell?

NONONONONO MY FAVORITE PARTY WILL NEVER BE TOGETHER IN A GAME AGAIN. HOW WILL I LIVE ON WITHOUT!?
>dex filler #1
>early route shitmon #1
>dex filler #4
>obscure single stage shitmon #5
>two stage shitmon #2
>Glameow
NONONONONOFUCK

Sure, I'll pick it up used. I'm not supporting Gamefreak.

In japan the tagline is just "let's get pokemon" or something like that

it's still lame though
People would be less mad if they just took an extra year to do the work to include every pokemon and features

prease understandu and buy Mega Sword and Mega Shield coming 2021

K Boomer I'm still going to buy Pokemon shield.

So you're saying if they cut down all of the available Pokemon down to the Original 151, the Lucario Line, the Wingull Line, the Greninja Line, the Incineroar Line and the

The endless waterfall of autist tears over this is the most fun Ive had all week.

Sounds fine to me :^)

Agreed Zoomer. Do not let the Boomers get to you. Your time is coming to where your generation is going to be able to carry the Pokemon series with the sells alone. Just keep at it. Have fun and do not let yourself become like these Boomers as you get older.

Attached: 1558802489053.png (900x600, 770K)

More like gotta Gacha 'em all

I never play pokemans, i have no intention to buy it, but I guarantee you will still buy it.

Haha yeah, I wonder how, hahaha

Attached: 1524416157556.jpg (779x353, 54K)

BASED

>people wanted Gamefreak to include every single pokemon with unique behaviors and animations depending on their environment, along with a fully fleshed out open world of the same scope, scale and detail as Breath of the Wild
they're not that talented

I wouldn't mind this if they would just get rid of that retarded sports outfit and the retard helmet

>MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM THEY WON'T LET ME PLAY WITH ALL 800+ POKEMON I'VE SPENT OVER TWO DECADES CAAAAATCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

remember when we were promised exciting content that took the minds and time of several developers that ended up being the piece of shit known as pokémon refresh in S/M?

lmao

Is Nesa black or brown? Sorry for english

>... ...
why is post a bot?

This. I love how they provide us with shitty graphics, uninspired world design, outdated gameplay and an overall lackluster experience (that coming from a 90 billion dollar franchise that could most certainly spawn better games IF they wanted), but the thing that really rustles everyone's jimmies is not being able to play with their perfect IV pieces of data. Just goes to show how autistic the Pokémon audience has become. Used to be a game about exploring and collecting, now it is basically furbait and competitive battling (with a shitty battlesystem at that).

Are EV's and IV's and Nature's part of the journey, too? Pokemon is for autiststs.

and yet people still eat it up. Its a sad reality

Looking forward to the competitive scene is all they know now because they certainly aren't expecting GameFreak to provide an enjoyable experience, instead they have to take matters into their own hands with what they've got in the form of unofficial formats like Smogon's.

It reminds them of their childhood. That's why they refuse to let their old Pokémon go. It is literally a refusal to growing up.

if the games were good I could expect a good reason why but the recent games have been hot garbage

>defending paying full price for half the content

Good zoomer goyim.

You can still catch them all in the old games and store them in Pokemon Home
now you have caught them all
technicalities are a bitch huh

The problem is that you can't DO anything with those Pokemon that are sitting in Home because they outright aren't programmed to be in Sword & Shield.
You're literally paying a subscription to GameFreak to stare at them, just as you've been doing before in previous games.

I start fresh with every new game and often delete old saves to replay old games so I don't care at all

we were going to run into this problem eventually anyway because the Dex is bloated and will continue to bloat

Gamefreak is simply not up to the challenge of modeling and coding hundreds (someday thousands) of unique pokemon now that they're including things like overworld pokemon with their own behaviors

if only had the balls to cut all old pokemon but no they need them waste space and use as a excuse to not making more new pokemon

/vp/

Why weren't you complaining when they removed the national dex in SM?

>but I could transfer my old mons!

That's not catching them. They didn't even have dex entries.

You're not complaining about not being able to "catch 'em all"
You're complaining about your autism squad not being able to be migrated to the shiny new game.

Attached: Sanaki2.png (172x171, 22K)

the last time they tried this with Black/White people crucified them for it

The Pokemon have ALREADY BEEN MODELED AND PROGRAMMED AS EARLY AS GEN 6, and they don't even HAVE unique behaviors to begin with, all of them follow one of several generic AIs and use animations that have existed since Gen 7.

I like taking my autism squad to new postgame facilities.

Good thing that they have all the models and animations since gen6 for old pokemon. Making them high-poly and causing XY to runs like utter shit was in order to be able to use them in future hd-titles which is why everyone went along with it.

Well there is also the fact that the game is clearly being rushed to help support the Switch this holiday season

From the look of it Sword/Shield needs another solid year of work at least, but they got deadlines

I mean realistically this had to happen eventually though right?
They can't feasibly keep on making 1000's of new Pokemon models every game.

People buy the first games each gen (RS, DP, BW, XY, SM) and then don't bother getting the slightly updated version (E, Pt, HGSS, BW2, ORAS, USUM)

"future proofed"

All over a fucking ice cream cone and a pile of trash

It wasn't as bad then as now., You could stil lcatch some of them postgame and import all your old ones after the champ as well. This time you can't do neither since the data for them is simply not in the game. BW pissed fans off since they had to beat the game to get their favorites in the team again, that this shit would explode into gf face was easily foreseeable.

They're LITERALLY reusing the SAME models, SAME animation, SAME programming, SAME EVERYTHING they've had prepared since Gen 6.
There's NOTHING NEW TO MAKE BECAUSE ALL OF THE MODELS ARE FUTUREPROOFED.
It's LITERALLY a copypaste job to include the Pokemon, and they can't even be assed to do THAT much anymore.

They've literally been using the same models and animations since generation VI. GameFreak has no excuse.

They have them programmed for battle, not open world roaming

still using them for open world roaming

They keep using the models from gen 7, this is just laziness.

Except they use the same static model for the overworld.

Attached: 1560381805982.webm (640x360, 1.24M)

so a bulbasaur walks with the same gait as an eevee?

>now that they're including things like overworld pokemon with their own behaviors

I think it looked better aesthetically when it was "bodytypes" rather than the specific design. So much energy wasted on this that could be spent improving something else.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

yea and now after all this we never getting a game with just new pokemon, poor gmaefreak

oh wow that's fucking lame
nevermind then

Waifus ruined pokemon as well

Attached: Dawn.png (251x231, 40K)

i bought Ultra Sun and stopped playing it after the first island. I'd like to thank game freak for making the new game so bad that i won't even buy it - for the first time in 14 years

it's the only redeemable part of the games left

Why won’t GF outsource mainline development?
They can keep creative control and have a bigger studio do the grunt work.

That means they get less money, they've literally confirmed they're going as low-effort and low-staffing as possible to ensure they can keep as much money in their hands as possible since everything else Pokemon makes profit off of has to be funneled into Nintendo, Creatures and/or The Pokemon Company with GameFreak getting a paltry cut.

Attached: 1560466429661.jpg (640x854, 129K)

Hell I didn't even buy the sequel. I hated Sun&Moon. I was hoping that the end game content would be good for USUM.
Sadly it wasn't

You'd think Team Rainbow Rocket - an interdimensional super evil organization comprised of every previous major villain - would be the hypest shit ever
somehow it wasn't

>graphics are better
No the resolution of the screen is better, the pokemon and world are still 3DS tier or worse

Imagine getting salty about a game made for 10 year old children.

Attached: laugh.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

and gijinkas killed pokemon.

youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0
no excuses

Honestly, removing pokemon is the best millennial filter I've ever seen. gen wunner here, can't wait to actually catch them all instead of "gotta transfer over my entire PC full of junk mons"

Bingo:
(sarcasm but whatever)
Also, imagine using autist as an insult on one of the most autistic boards of one of the most autistic website during one of humanity's most autistic generations. Do you know what that would be?
retarded.

>not using a team of all new regional pokemon and never playing again after you become the champion

Thats terrible still

fucking idiot nobody catch over 800, the point is you can't transfer over the pokemon u got

>the point is you can't transfer over the pokemon u got
Good riddance, then. Tired of that shit mechanic. Gen 4->5 and the keep your monsters forever bullshit nearly killed pokemon.

Well fuck my shiny living dex, I will keep them all over at ORAS then, smelly bitch.

Attached: smelly.jpg (567x555, 31K)

I don't think they're trying to deliberately exclude older players. In fact they're definitely not.

But I agree that it's probably a good decision. New players could well be confused and overwhelmed with all the previous Pokemon there are. You'd end up seeing all these new monsters and thinking "what the fuck is this". In order to play the game effectively you really need to know each monster's strengths and weaknesses, their abilities, etc., so reducing it down to a more manageable set makes sense.

Anyway it's a fucking kids' game, who gives a shit, and maybe they'll release other ones later as DLC, who the fuck knows, but I don't know why some people have such massive autism about this.

Get out

Keep them on /vp/, and while youre at it stop bragging about global trading for hacked mons as if its some kind of grand achievement.

Fuck off. that mechanic made it worth while to play the games..it made you feel like you've been on a years long adventure with the same team of pokemon you've had since the start..it gave more meaning to your virtual journey through out the regions of the pokemon games.

NINTENDO

Never forget.

Attached: 1560446920284.png (1366x1122, 1.55M)

it is thou...as far as the game consider they are "legit"

So fuck you.

haha I dont know

Not like this is the first time they got rid of that slogan.
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gotta_catch_'em_all!#Retirement_and_return
>The slogan was temporarily retired from the Pokémon games around 2003, with the release of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. Instead of the now-familiar phrase appearing below the Pokémon logo, the game's version name appeared there. This held true for the remaining games of Generation III, and would later prove to be the standard with the release of the Generation IV games, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
>The retirement was possibly due to the large amount of Pokémon now required to capture to complete the National Pokédex, 386 at the time the slogan was retired. It may as well have been due to the incompatibility between the Generation II and Generation III games, as all of the Pokémon known as of the third generation were not available between Ruby and Sapphire, unlike what had been the case with Red and Blue and Gold and Silver.
>The slogan may also have been taken out of use since it was a target of critics of the game and franchise (with some saying the phrase was an equivalent to, "Gotta buy 'em all").

That said, you can still "catch 'em all" in two senses.
One, you can catch all the pokemon in Galar and fill out the Galar Dex.
Two, you can gather every pokemon into Pokemon Home which will likely have a National Dex of it's own.

>feel like you've been on a years long adventure with the same team of pokemon you've had since the start
>shiny living dex

And here I am, reminded once again that underage are allowed to post on Yea Forums now.

Holy shit the apologist is off the charts in this.
>new players will be too confused by too many pokemon which will only happen in the post game

>Not liking Mega Mawile

>maybe they'll release other ones later as DLC
Seems unlikely. Masuda stated in an interview that this is a change of policy going forward for all of the mainline games. Only certain pokemon that "fit the adventure"

Just think about this for a minute. "Congrats, champ, you beat the game! Heres 700 new pokemon by the way, and 50 of them are broken overpowered and will stomp your baby team like eggs."

>bingo within less than 200 posts

pokemon are not content

getting rid of ridable pokemon sucks, but how on earth is it a "greater offense" than cutting pokemon out of the games entirely?

We've fallen so far already, and it will continue.

>oh cool, now there are so many more pokemon to catch and battle against. I think I'll keep playing
or
>nah I already beat the game, that's enough for me

and everybody's happy

I mention having a team since gen 1....which means im underage...faggot can you do math? get lost.

>RSE did the same thing

People who say this is somehow different are also the type of people who think back to RSE as a trio and do not actually recall RS release. It was literally, exactly the same.

Now that's a next gen pokemon game! Gamefreak dropped the ball big time.

Attached: 1558544198764.gif (350x263, 2.79M)

Learn math and

have sex.

Attached: Happy Wojak.png (225x225, 6K)

RS had them still programmed in the game

>since gen 1
This is not possible, gen4babby

wojak posters deserve no rights

this is a fucking joke. Just kill me. FUCK GAME FREAK FUCK THEM AND FUCK THEIR FAMILY

Attached: STOP IT AAAAAAAAAA.jpg (250x249, 4K)

They were not available until years later with the surprise announcement of remakes. Gen 1/2 pokemon are not transferrable to gen3+ games in any capacity.

I didn't know uderage people don't support new Gamefreak.

Seems like a pretty big opportunity to me, All Squeenix needs to do is make a half decent Dragon Quest Monsters game and they'd blow pokemon the fuck out at this point.

Attached: DRAGON QUEST XI Super-Resolution 2018.09.18 - 21.19.40.20.jpg (7680x3262, 3.75M)

mad?

Attached: Smug Wojak.png (244x206, 6K)

It still hurts.
>Games keep on getting worse in multiple different aspects
>No sights of improving
>Any new games will still sell millions, regardless if it's good or not
As small as this whole *snap* fiasco is, I'm glad people are starting to realized the bullshit GF has been pulling for years. There's far more problems with the franchise than a simple removal of a few mons.

Attached: 1560372099114.jpg (1056x1200, 248K)

I've always bought the Nintendo handheld solely for Pokemon, save for the GB/GBC era since my mom and dad bought it for me

This is the first generation that I'll skip, unless Sword and Shield will bring back all the old Pokemon in the game

Imagine shelling out $300 for a Switch, $60 for the game and $20 for online and then you get cucked by 400-450 Pokemon out of 809+

The problem is that it's Square Enix.

On top of them still existing in the games, RS had a bunch of changes with Pokemon stats behind the scenes that actually somewhat justified the separation

I really don't see why the stuff in this image is supposed to be a big deal, you would never notice any of that without datamining and as long as the game is relatively bug free and runs well who cares seriously? Unless that stuff is affecting the in-battle performance which I seriously doubt.

G/S also had a stat overhaul from R/B and still managed to do transfers. There is no excuse short of "i wasnt actually there for the old days, its always been this way"

This is true, but their Dragon Quest team is still good.

Attached: DRAGON QUEST XI Super-Resolution 2018.09.09 - 15.57.32.39.jpg (7680x4320, 3.34M)

I skip ultra sun, since it was just normal sun + content

Best part is this game will do just fine because nintenbros and pokefags would buy dogshit from this company

Do you have like 0 contact with females? How is that possible, is hugging females not an acceptable way to greet a female in the US?

Gen 2 adding SpAtk/SpDef is nothing compared to addition of PVs, redone IVs, EVs (replacing DVs), etc.

because it matters when they spout too much dev time as an excuse for cutting back features and do these retarded roundabout ways to get shit work instead of the easier and faster solution

haha Pokemon is dead

Attached: 1557277766370.png (539x383, 420K)

Some people like to pretend that they know about coding and some people genuinely think that this is what lowers the fps in the 3DS games.

Gen 2 had DVs and IVs for stats that didnt exist in gen 1, they just rerolled the applicable stats. There was no excuse for Gen 3 not to do the same.

Why are you apologizing for that shitgame?

>Poketubers, especially zoomer ones get blasted in comment sections for agreeing with Gamefreak's decision
Kek

Not him, but it's possible if they think that you're weird or a creep. I didn't get my first kiss until I was seventeen, but I've been hugged a lot before. Some of those hugs were because the girl thought that I was gay

I don't know shit about coding but I imagine they're not doing these solutions because they're more tedious and annoying. It's probably easier to just paste X character's model to each map with how it's programmed I don't fucking know.

Culling the dex is the correct move. Gamefreak should also remove about half of the moves while they're at it.

>runs well
For my experience, SM ran at a silky smooth 20 fps in battle and can dip lower at times, but that's more of a problem with the models used being too good for the 3DS, I don't recall any major overworld problems. Still shit like this is worrying since this is from the creators of one of the most popular vidya franchises but this explains why Iwata had to help optimize the gen 2 games to add Kanto.. I can't wait to see what dataminers will find in SwSh that will make us all dumbfounded. People are already assuming that every dynamax mon has their own upscaled 3D model instead of just resizing their original model.

Because the original assertion that "[RS] was literally, exactly the same" is wrong unless for some reason, on top of all their apparent pursuit of quality, Game Freak also did a second complete overhaul of Pokemon data structure.

they literally divided by 0 in gen 1 dude they're just retarded

Don't care, my most bro is in. Also, people will buy the game anyway

Attached: 170-Chinchou.png (300x232, 67K)

>a second complete overhaul of Pokemon data structure.
*third

Nobody gives a fuck about that, it's soulless but who cares. I did a lot of fun theme teams online using a bunch of different Pokemons because I like playing a lot of different Mons. But I get it "Competitive bad >:(" is the popular saying on Yea Forums isn't it?

well basically ive always had the same 2 or 3 mons. Jolteon was one of them..every game I would make sure I had Jolteon on my team.

Damn, how creepy-looking do you have to be to not receive a hug when being introduced to someone?
Anyway don't lose faith anons, you will eventually find someone, and if not just go fucking pay a hooker you have spent more money on videogames you won't regret it.

Jolteon is in

10.6 million so far. Faster than ORAS which was at 9.9 million at this point.

Wow you're a piece of shit, learn some empathy instead of trolling randos on a outdated board

Learn some empathy yourself, you aspie. We are being mean to you because we want you to leave.

Dunno, but you should check out /vp/. It’s rare to see a board implode on itself but I guess that’s what happens when you base it on one single franchise

t. knows nothing about competitive players
Nah we're staying, learn to suck it up buttercup

Here’s the thing though, they split their dev team in half to work on both sword and shield and town at the same time, and got to pick their own release and also got to pick their own release window.
This whole “running out of time” situation stems from Gamefreak being incompetent, arrogant retards.

No argument there

It's as if they are still stuck in the handheld mindset, and because the Switch is a hybrid console they feel it's OK to make it still feel like a handheld experience

I don't think they understand that people were expecting more from the first console release

in the new interview they basically say that the stupid Dynamaxing gimmick was because now that it will be on the big screen they wanted to show the pokemon as really big too
because it would be "cool"

please kill yourself first

Good thing I hack them in, only autist spend actual time doing that

>RSE did it

And I still hate those games for doing it.

I mean, it makes sense. On the 3DS with less resolution, it's a lot harder to get a good sense of scale to stuff.
All the Dynamax stuff so far has had a pretty good sense of weight and size to it thanks to the clarity of everything around them when they go huge.

Attached: 1559740457198.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

If those hacks are struggling so much with pokemon, then why they don't get help from some other nintendo team or third party?

I bet that EAD or Monolith soft would fix 90% of that shitty ass spaghetti code and make the game run smooth.

Attached: 1545868308374.png (1011x684, 539K)

>franchise literally makes more money than the MCU, Spider-Man, Batman, Star Wars, and Harry Potter
>each game is the same shit
>put bare minimum effort and money possible in improving production values
>can’t even make all Pokémon obtainable anymore
Where the fuck does all the money go?

If one thing the workers at Nintendo love is to choose big over fixing their game
>What gimmicks could we do to Yoshi's New Island?
>BIG EGGS!
>What gimmicks could we do to NSMB?
>MARIO TURNS BIG!
>People are pretty pissed at the current state of Pokemon Masuda-san, how do we fix Pokemon?
>BIG POKEMON

Now you get to hate these games even more since the cut Pokemon won't be in the game at all even if future games bring them back.

Attached: 1285639263559.png (1011x879, 308K)

They all seem to become the same fucking size though. Giant Grookey is the same size as Giant Steelix. If anything it completely fucks the sense of scale and just makes them look big.

Big, static models smashing into each other
it's a fucking retarded gimmick and the game did not need it and I won't miss it when it's gone

Those fuckers must have a giantess fetish.

>an enormous chunk of the game's content being removed is irrelevant
>but what you ride on to go fast is important
People get hung up on the weirdest shit

Definitely would've liked them to show a sense of scale. Imagine your tiny ass pikachu taking on some huge wailord. But no, everything has to be small to medium size, or all of them have to be huge

I remember screenshots of Breath of the Wild looking like ass, but the actual game viewed with your own eyes looked quite nice
maybe that will be the case here

Everyone it's going to buy this shit anyway just like Let's Go and Game Freak will keep shitting low budget trash.

>pokemon.
>looking good.

Attached: 1551283196148.jpg (1545x991, 567K)

not as good as BOTW
just better than it looks now in screenshots

"Animations"

People weren't even half as pissed as Let's Go as they are with SS

Let's go at least had the excuse of being a cash in spin off.

This time they have zero excuses.

I'll buy it, my friends will buy it, my kids will buy it and don't pretend you won't fucking buy it even though you'll shit on it afterwards

Attached: abd2.jpg (320x180, 7K)

>I WANT ALL MY 800 POKEMON!!!
There is that more your kind of thread?

Attached: _SoyBoy2.png (647x740, 14K)

Using wojaks devalues your argument

lol

i'm not going to buy it

i'll wait for them to make the good one after this one gets shit on in reviews

by shit on in reviews i mean it will probably get in the mid 70s range which isn't too terrible in general but will seem blasphemous for a mainline pokemon game

Attached: 1506032292415.png (347x451, 220K)

Your image reminded me
>England region
>Still no cute waifu dragon pokemon

Attached: 1555630765446.gif (500x463, 1.92M)

>Cut out the National dex because you don't care about making new entries for all the pokemon
>Next you just straight up cut the pokemon themselves
What a jump

my nigga porygon2 is still in for sure but I still feel really bad for everyone else

Attached: 1531445163761.jpg (362x296, 20K)

I'm a little bummed that Scrafty won't be in but oh well

Except it is, it was a huge ass pain up until 3ds era but still very possible to transfer from gen 1 to current

Seems like the pokemon community got what they deserved : shit on their face but officially. The gen 6/7 rimming delivered a hot present.

I only bought those games just to find more people to online battle with, with my hacked in team, also I liked Marshadow
>Just use Showdown
No it's not the same, but even if one of my Pokemon are cut out i'm definitely not buying SS

>ORAS is the most sold remake
Based

Attached: u6tr.png (796x1280, 572K)

The handful of megas that are cool are not worth the absolute garbage they inflicted on Pokemon from a conceptual standpoint. Now every team has to have one super ace Pokemon even if you're not using legendaries, it's dumb as fuck as a mechanic.

I think it's a blight on file size for people who go digital.