This is looking to be the best Metroidvania yet

youtube.com/watch?v=2reK8k8nwBc
They pretty much improved everything from the 1st game

Attached: Ori_ICO-500x500_c.jpg (500x500, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rcvgrJxEDT4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am so hyped but it’s still so far away

I only played ~2 of the original but it felt average as far as being a metroidvania goes, map wasn't very good and the combat definitely sucked
if they fix those things it'll be good but I'm worried it'll be style over substance again

expecting more out of Silksong, as it's the sequel to the already best metroidvania ever made

Is it Windows 10 exclusive?

it's still so far away. But man, I can't wait to finally get my hands on it.

Fuck I'm going to have to replay Ori between now and Ori 2.
It was so beautiful. Kind of small and short, in comparison to Hollow Knight, but Hollow Knight is also borderline perfection.
Ori is max comfy.

Under the vidya:
>Ori and the Will of the Wisps releases on February 11, 2020 and will be available with Xbox Game Pass, playable on Xbox One and Windows 10. Also, available in Steam.

>it'll be good but I'm worried it'll be style over substance again
No they greatly improved the combat: youtube.com/watch?v=rcvgrJxEDT4

That it lists Steams as a separate platform from Xbox and Windows 10 confuses me. Does that mean you can run it on earlier Windows systems, or does it just mean that you can buy it on Steam but it'll still only run on Windows 10?

man, I know it's on the Game Pass and I'm going to probably play it there but I wish they released a physical edition with the two games for collectors.

depends if Gears 5 and AOE II DE do

Good fucking luck beating Environmental Station alpha, La-Mulana 1, Metroid Prime, Hollow Knight, or fucking Metroid Prime you shitbird.

still looking forward to your attempt

Attached: __hex_maniac_pokemon_pokemon_game_and_pokemon_xy_drawn_by_space_jin__9eebff59c9872661d1b6dbb12e65db7 (1200x1600, 248K)

This title will trigger HKfags.

The movement in the lategame was god tier, felt amazing
Hollow knight is probably the best metroidvania for combat, Ori for movement, and la mulana for exploration

>Metroid Prime, Hollow Knight, or fucking Metroid Prime you shitbird
wut

>Metroid Prime
>or Metroid Prime
user YOU HAD ONE JOB

Art direction and graphics are unmatched

8 months isn't that long to be frank

my bad, meant to include super or Zero mission at least once, and Sotn.

>They pretty much improved everything from the 1st game

You can tell that from a two minute video that only shows off boss cutscenes?

Dude Metroid Prime?? That game isn't a metroidvania.

No, he can probably tell that from all the details that were revealed last year already

They added actual bosses something that wasn't in the 1st game. (only challenges like climbing the ginso tree etc...)

Nah, that's still SotN.

But Bloodstained is next week and will actually play like a Metroidvania, instead of a platformer with a large map.

S'gon' be gud

Attached: 443657dc44e4f7af72963f864be26a38_original.jpg (700x921, 272K)

>Hollow Knight is also borderline perfection

Attached: 1551244303153.jpg (640x646, 45K)

>Bloodstained
not feeling the mouvement in that game at all

>Ori
>short
yeah maybe if you use a guide it is. But then you can also finish HK at 120% in about 2h using a walkthrough.

Attached: 1526370978340.jpg (401x401, 22K)

My first ori run was around 10 hours.

my first hollow knight run was 31 hours.

I'd say that he's accurate when he said ori is kinda short compared to hollow knight.

The issues I have with Ori and Guacamelee 1/2 is that while they are good and enjoyable games, they're not good Metroidvanias. They are basically action platformers where the levels happen to occasionally intersect. The exploration is not central to the experience, you pretty much always know exactly where to go. You only go off the beaten path to get optional collectibles.

Hollow Knight is the polar opposite, it's weaker as an action platformer (though it has better bosses) but the exploration is phenomenal. It understands its own genre quite well. It would be nice to get a game that's the best of both worlds, though I can see why it's difficult considering that strong level design often conflicts with strong world design.

1st ori was an indie game.
The second seems to be getting more funds.

There has never been a good metroidvania.

10 hours is pretty good for a metroidvania. HK is just too grindy if you don't know what you're doing.