Why arent new video games as good as old video games?

Why arent new video games as good as old video games?

Attached: 1560323090004.jpg (500x427, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

radiotimes.com/news/2013-11-14/sir-ian-mckellen-filming-the-hobbit-made-me-think-i-should-quit-acting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because you're older.

Because your dopamine receptors burnt out 10 years ago.

Why is there a comma after Sir Ian McKellen?

Gaming has never been better than it is now

oh poor thing, was the paycheck good enough?

The higher the dev costs rise the less creativity you will find in new vidya.

Shareholders only okay the normiest of normie games appealing to low iq mouthbreathers

It's why i've completely shifted towards indie games and japanese games.

>Literally sent off to his own set alone

Attached: 54cb01f793423_-_hobbit-how-it-works-00-1212-de.jpg (768x516, 55K)

Soul vs Soulless unironically.

No millions of dollars is not enough for the hard work of sitting in front on a green screen talking ;(

Japanese shit is creativity bankrupt

This. Vidya fucked me up, now I barely feel pleasure, how I feel alive again anons

Because I didn't want to kill myself back then.

>The Hobbit was so shit it actually made an actor
cry
wew

This.
You mostly can't make games o
Now you need uni credentials to get into a gamedev studio, which filters out all the misfits, or normie tier pitch to get funding.
One man indie projects is where the last dregs of fun are left.

Get in street fights

Have sex

everything is creatively bankrupt

we live in a descending maelstrom of shit

*You mostly can't make games on a shoestring budget anymore.

Kill a homeless person.

No amount of money can defeat loneliness. Not everyone wants to sit alone on their PC in a dark basement all day like you.

I play broodwar, I still learn it, after 10 years, I love it, I still feel the rush of dopamine

Holy shit

The crew did Mkellen right after that by dressing up his trailer with a hobbit theme to surprise him, iirc he loved it

social justice

Attached: SJW Creators.jpg (718x566, 99K)

>Get payed millions to play pretend
>What the fuck? I have to pretend a little harder now?

you mean to tell me I couldn't solve the problem of loneliness with money?

This was fake wasn't it? And he is just resting in that photo

radiotimes.com/news/2013-11-14/sir-ian-mckellen-filming-the-hobbit-made-me-think-i-should-quit-acting/

No. There's a youtube video of him breaking down in tears, though it's a different scene.

I don’t even have a PC you nigger, also money can buy you hookers and drugs

Correct, look at Notch. He's literally Yea Forums with money

Limits. You use to have to work with a 4:3 aspect ratio & were limited by the strength of a console or a PC. Now games don't have to be creative to get around those limits since consoles and pcs are so powerful.

Attached: god damn it co.jpg (1261x1441, 384K)

Games are motivated by profit now. They used to be peoples passion projects.

Isn’t he gay? No wonder he is such a faggot.
Hopefully the old fuck will die off soon

only shit like meth actually does that
you're a human and your body is trying to make you find something else after years of doing the same thing

because video games became just another Hollywood platform

Because you're a jaded fuck stuck in a sea of negativity, outrage and shitposting

adrenaline

"Why are we filming all my scenes first, Peter?"

Devs are creatively bankrupt and built on awful business models that reward terrible decisions and design choices. We, as consumers as partly to blame for buying dogshit.

Attached: 1548277490178.png (600x600, 89K)

this.
fucking ungrateful boyfucker

Games are no longer designed to be fun but addicting, its why you are constantly rewarded with loot or xp, why lootboxes and pay to win are a thing, its all skinner box carrot on a string bullshit.

Higher budgets.

Which are caused by marketing.

Which is caused by Jews.

Yes, just like you expected all along: the Jews did this.

Attached: game budgets.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Too much rushed out live service garbage instead of actual games.

Attached: 1560456395134.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

Try rolling on MDMA every weekend for a couple of months and say bye bye to your serotonin receptors

Just try indie games.

A mix of growing up so things aren't as exciting, but also developing Dopamine resistance.

I'm so apathetic towards everything, except my little niece. It's like with extreme sports adrenaline addicts. You keep needing to find something more extreme because that last thing just isn't cutting it anymore.

Hacking games is now a necessity to enjoy them

explains why bongs are so fucked up, they pop that shit like candy
candyflipping hard once several years ago still has me second guessing my mind

>comparing mdma to vidya
okay

Lack of modding support.

EVERY top video game right now actually started as, or is indirectly derived from, a free mod.

Counter Strike Global Offensive - derived from Counter-Strike, Half Life mod
DOTA 2 - derived from DOTA, Warcraft mod
TF2 - derived from Team Fortress, Quake mod
Overwatch - heavily inspired by TF2 per dev team's admission
PUBG - derived from battle royale, ARMA mod
Fortnite Battle Royale - derived from battle royale, ARMA mod
Apex Legends - derived from battle royale, ARMA mod
League of Legends - derived from DOTA, Warcraft mod

Mods have been the creativity engine of the last ten years precisely because they have no budget. With a mod there is no expectation that the game MUST have a safe, tepid design philosophy so as to ensure a return on some $300m development cost.

But developers are even trying to monetize mods now. The industry is really going to go down the toilet when that happens.

Vidya releases more dopamine than sex

>Been smoking weed every day for the last 3 years
>Dopamine is generally fucked up to all hell
>Can't get out of the hole

Attached: 1364823750998.jpg (468x641, 29K)

But Valve games do have mod support. Matchmaking is the reason of why nobody bothers with custom games.

Honestly Rust has been that for me recently. The extreme highs and lows of that game are like nothing else i've ever played.

you faggots don't know the meaning of fucked up dopamine unless you've been addicted to stimulants. you're just banging your head against the wall for years and being shocked when your body gets bored

Weed doesn't cause dopamine depletion, you're just reliant on the high (addicted.)
Literally, genuinely, stop smoking for a while. It is not that hard compared to real drugs.

No one needs mod support, we never had it anyway, hacking the game is even easier now considering all the games are made in a few well known engines

Wait a minute, does becoming a wizard at the age of 30 if you're still a virgin actually code for being gay like Ian or Dumbledore?

>No one needs mod support, we never had it anyway,
Lol, what? Every single one of those games on that list came from a mod made from a game with terrific mod support.
Mod support definitely matters. You don't release Snapmap doom 4 shit and expect players to decompile your game magically to mod it.

Poor McKellen, hope he got better directors after that

Someone with an American education made this image macro.

that's what your family will tell themselves

Yeah my brother took permanent damage because of shit. Always moody like a bitch and can’t sit down for 30 minutes without falling asleep
>reply to a post mentioning meth