This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo

>This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo.

With that in mind, thoughts so far?

Attached: pass.jpg (700x470, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MeO9svOmgw4
youtu.be/pumcHbeULso
youtube.com/watch?v=7_2n1OrJYnM
nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/bethesda_has_spoken_to_nintendo_about_smash_bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good shit.

Joker is 100% Sakurai.

It restores a lot of faith in the company that they didn't just pick pure shilling options and had really out there ones and fan favorites like Joker and Banjo.

It's pretty alright at catering to different demographics at once.
Despite their statement though, I think the clear missing demographic with the DLC so far are the core Nintendo players & " purists ". They've got nothing for themselves so far.

They have Banjo.

>joker
>fan favorite

Joker is bad, no one cares about Persona. The other 2 are good.

Pretty based honestly

Sakurai still picked them out from whatever Nintendo chose, still crazy as hell though, I expected someone like Banjo to be the last character, I wonder what’s gonna top this

>really out there ones and fan favorites

Attached: 1545873987657.png (804x1350, 235K)

Good choices, though the Banjo render is still fucked up. Specifically Banjo, Kazooie looks great.
I especially like that it's 4 DQ heroes and they can use delectable magic with a fucking MP bar, I wish Joker had that kind of stuff instead of 75% of his kit being lifted from Sheik and only getting one persona/spell when he has access to fucking hundreds.

that doesn't even make any sense in this context

fpbp

I don't think they even need. I mean, almost all of the roster is exclusive Nintendo stuff. The appeal of the DLC is mainly how out of left field the characters are.

I think they should keep the selection to 2nd and 3rd party characters.

>JRPG character for normalfags
>JRPG character for Boomers and Weebs
>Generic Land Animal and Sky Animal combo

Its pretty shit. 3 slots have been wasted so far. Where the fuck is Nero from DMC, Shantae and Doom Slayer?

Attached: IMG_20190605_094646.jpg (460x401, 30K)

>Joker
A business decision. Taking a character with no association with Nintendo and not a large cultural impact from a niche series. A series that has a rabid fanbases who would buy Switches just because the character from their popular kid social sim is in Smash. Whoever thought of it needs a pat on the back and a raise.
>Hero
DQ absolutely deserved representation. No real argument against it.
>Banjo
A very nice gesture to longtime fans that benefits Nintendo in almost no substantial way. So pretty fucking based.

That Sakurai should kill himself along with his retarded ''LOL XD PLANT FROM MARIO SO FANNY''

Thank god Nintendo saved us from this retard or else the dlc would have a been a fucking goomba and another fire emblem character.

I can smell your fanboy bullshit through the internet, just like the snoy niggers on the other side. Just buy both consoles unless you're a literal child who's parents make the decisions, you can get a used PS4 for dirt cheap at this point.

Haven't played Persona. What I do know is that spells in Dragon Quest have continuity and charm, usually when a spell is introduced they keep the name.

Stuff like Zoom instead of Teleport, Bounce instead of Reflect, Zap, Frizz, Crack for elemental spells. They have identity yknow? Not saying Joker didn't deserve more though

They do, but are used to it. It was their game for a while. Being excluded from a year & half long fun ride just for the sake of broadening the demographic is kind of sad.

All of them better than Gatornigger

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: 1450915714633 (1).png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

Love you.

Attached: kkridle.webm (570x572, 2.91M)

The spells in Persona are the same shit that's in SMT, they've been around just as long as DQ has. Agi, Bufu, Zio, etc are just as old and have been in just as many games as the DQ spells.

The first 2 make sense, the third one is just a bad precedent.

It's been almost a year dude.
It's either you're shit at fighting him or you're legitimately a faggot.

Persona had no place in the game, especially not shilled ass low grade p5.

The Plant was based, kys nigger

Honestly they've been completely based about it so far. Joker should have been a never ever and we got him so far, Banjo should have been in the base game, and Erdrick might be a gay anime swordman but his moveset looks nice and he has enough historical background to warrant an inclusion. The only decent inclusion Sakurai came up with was K.Rool and maybe Simon

>Haven't played Persona
It shows

K Rool deserved more to be in than Bayonetta, Joker and Snake

I like DQ, Persona, and B-K so I see this as an absolute win.

Not that guy, but you are clearly projecting, and probably physically smell like shit. He's right. I hate JRPGs, but I know that Dragon Quest is a hugely important game for that genre's history. I never even played a BK game, but he's a big deal for being a Rare rep (Nintendo 2nd party history), and also Microsoft representation. Persona is niche compared to that and really just appeals to dopey weebs. What exactly is so significant about Persona that a non-fan can respect? Nothing.

Banjo is the only good one so far. I have zero interest in JRPG shit. And even if I did, Banjo is the only one with an interesting moveset to boot.

Attached: received_10155574232857709.jpg (600x294, 22K)

>people thinking they will top banjo

Smash Bros final reveals are consistently underwhelming as fuck

Except Yea Forums. Eternal assfaggots

explain

Drink bleach, Sakurai

they're all good but it sucks that the ugly DQ11 dude is the default skin

SMT is just as old, has just as many spinoffs and in modern times it's a bigger franchise than DQ, though DQ used to be bigger by far.
You clearly don't know fucking anything, stop talking.

Attached: failure.jpg (600x450, 61K)

>3 anime swordsmen.
Sakurai and Nintendo are hacks

Just as long as I get to live in a timeline where Nintendo and Sakurai chose Banjo Kazooie, this giving the whole "WaH bUt MuH rElEvAnCy!!" shit the good old BTFO, I am really satisfied and happy.

>I wonder what’s gonna top this

Donald Trump is IN.

Attached: yourfired.jpg (215x286, 21K)

>Thank god Nintendo saved us from this retard
sorry to disappoint you but at the end of the day, it was still sakurai that chose joker, luminary and banjo from the list that nintendo provided him

what part did you not understand? I thought it was going to be shit, people told me Nintendo was going to select nintendo characters and the DLC will be good, and it end up being shit. That picture explain how I feel perfectly

>Joker comes out
>DUDE BAS-
>Moveset is shit

Then they should've put in that Jack Frost nigger from SMT, not the twink from the spinoff series that only appeals to hyper-weeb homosexuals like yourself.

Bayonetta is relevant, green pukefuck isn't. Simple as that.

2 shill choices motivated by recent games and one actual fan request.

I was worried about creative control getting taken away from Sakurai but now that we've seen the result I'm over the opinion that we should have done that several games ago.

Attached: 1362877895017.jpg (384x313, 83K)

>DQ is good because they use synonyms for their generic spells, unlike Persona

Attached: 1535531006198.jpg (570x558, 185K)

>that Jack Frost nigger
>hyper weeb homosexuals
Ah, now I know what kind of dumb faggot I'm talking to. Thanks for making it clear you're underage.

Attached: 197497822.jpg (1270x635, 219K)

This

10/10
Based Nintendo
Hoping for Crash and Travis Touchdown

He's in

Attached: 1538090671545.png (453x584, 593K)

of the opinion*

>several games ago.
... you mean last game?

Shantae is such a shit series you invalidated every part of your shit post with that one.

>Implying Edelgard isn't coming.
Enjoy your clone of roymarthchromcina. That will get less a reaction than the Hero did for me.

>Creative control gets taken away from Sakurai
>70% of the normals are recycled from other fighters

Joker's moveset is great

Lol. I love how an autistic anime-loving creep thinks he's better than anyone.

shantae's shit, dude.

Attached: 1555694674767.jpg (720x960, 145K)

What am I a fanboy of exactly?

>Persona
>shill choice when it's not even out on Switch
>DQ
>one of the oldest and biggest franchises in Japan, while the west only cares about Final Fantasy it was never as big as DQ in Japan

Attached: 5266f803f3.jpg (200x275, 18K)

So do you guys think Sylux is in?

Attached: 1555984585730.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

So far i think they have picked the right characters but i expect the last two to be mind blowing

Joker, i love P5, but i think the slot shoud've been used on a more iconic character.

DQ Shit, played a single DQ game (VII i think?) and didn't like it, irrelevant.

Banjo, Hype as fuck

Joker and Banjo are good choices
I don't know about Dragon Quest, and I've heard that even Japan is more excited for Banjo
Im hoping for Doomguy/Doom Slayer as one of the remaining
I also feel like a lot of the characters people are suggesting are characters that don't even qualify

I didn't even played P5 but i love Persona MC in Smash.

DQ shit was promised to SE in exchange for Cloud returning
Banjo improves their relations with Microsoft
Joker was mainly a shock value choice, but also for relations with atlus/Sega
The rock solid Doom/Wolfenstein support could be due to Nintendo promising Bethesda Doomguy

>nintendo literally responsible for the DLC, K. Rool and Ridley
>Sakurai passive aggressively tweets about Nintendo choosing DLC implicating he didn't really enjoy the choices presented to him/thought his would be better
How can anybody stand this arrogant hack.

>SMT is just as old, has just as many spinoffs and in modern times it's a bigger franchise than DQ, though DQ used to be bigger by far.
You act like that's not worth anything. Pac-man is not exactly experiencing his most iconic era at the moment, does he not belong in the game?

They're all shit but I wasn't expecting much. The DQ guy was the biggest disappointment. He looks like shit and they didn't even give him a name.

>How can anybody stand this arrogant hack.
we all do specifically to piss you off, user

Because I find it satisfying that the game he develops is physically destroying him.

>Sakurai still picked them out from whatever Nintendo chose
That's false. Sakurai only determined if they could be fighters.

It's because every other 'viable' pick under their own banner is a ghost.

I think you're arguing with the wrong person, I'm fine with the DQ heroes being in Smash, it's just retarded to say a Persona/SMT rep has no provenance. They're both old as shit franchises with a fresh face at the front (Joker and the Luminary)

>jojolike stand
>16 specials with mp bar
>not interesting

ok

>Joker
Obvious shill pick, trying to stay in good graces with Fatlus. Should have been an SMT rep but Personababbies are loud, obnoxious, and swallow whatever garbage you give them.
>DQ Heroes
Dragon Quest has a long history with Nintendo. Surprised it wasn’t a thing sooner.
>Banjo Kazooie
Pretty sure he’s the first N64 rep if you don’t count Animal Forest. Glad he’s finally in.

Attached: FC8A6C5F-3C63-4124-AD76-E787D28E5E9D.jpg (697x626, 30K)

he was just their connect

>
test

too much third party

I'm honestly convinced Sakurai was bullshitting and that he chose everything by himself. The only one Nintendo can profit off from these is the Hero and even then if it was purely soulless marketing they would have gone with just 11 instead of all around representation.

>and I've heard that even Japan is more excited for Banjo
Did you fall for Yea Forums shitposting?

If there will be Doom guy i hope it's new one and that he will have Gauss cannon as one of his moves.

Attached: 1558887337882.jpg (621x960, 68K)

>Useless gun attack
>Useless grapple gun
>Move that just has you sit still an take damage
>A generic fire shoot attack that shouldn't be good but is mildly decent to land for poison damage
>Everything else is mainly reused moves

Should have been in the game since n64. Weak argument.

Joker is almost as good as Lucina when he has his super powered form.

This

>nintendo literally responsible for K. Rool and Ridley
retard

Are you responding to the right person? What the fuck is your argument?

>thinking that doom slayer, the character who has symbolized video game brutality for 30 years is eligible
>thinking that anyone from a first-person shooter or other M-rated game known for graphic, realistic violence has a chance
>b-but muh snake
Added as personal favor for the creator and never uses a gun
>lmao what about joker/bayo
Flashy and interesting characters even for the uninitiated, who use heavily toned down fantasy violence. They will not add anyone who can be summarized as a "man with a gun"

The final character will finish the fight
>tfw thanks to banjo, Microsoft has a credit on the title screen, meaning master chief is that much closer to being in if they wanted to put him in

Attached: 0437A408-DAF1-42AC-B580-06400D01B980.jpg (460x619, 77K)

t. Weeb

>Useless
brainlet

It's a near perfect roster. The last two can be anyone and I'm sure no one would really care that much. The only character I would care about would be either Travis, 2B or maybe Amaterasu.

Attached: 1560345160700.jpg (679x382, 57K)

Yeah and I admitted it? Chill out. I also found Joker underwhelming. I only stomach one of these giant RPG's every other year or so. Haven't done Persona yet

oh yes, because we were in desperate need for Bandana dee, Waluigi, Dixie Kong, and yet more FE swordsmen and Pokemons. excellent taste you fucking retards.

you know it's still him and his team that implement the fighters at the end of the day right

Calm down buddy. If I wasnt replying to you then it shouldnt matter. But to your response, yes, they should have put the shill choice in the game sooner if that was the case.

Nintendo chose the DLC but he picked from a list that had the characters on it, meaning Sakurai ultimately chose Joker, The Hero, and Banjo and whoever else is next

>I'm honestly convinced Sakurai was bullshitting and that he chose everything by himself.
There is no evidence to think this. There is also no reason to think that Nintendo was only going to make "marketing" choices either.

I like Shantae

If any western FPS protag is going to get in it's Doomguy or BJ considering they're some of the grandaddies of the genre and are still very relevant. Plus Bethesda is pribably Nintendo's most strong western third party AAA developer for the Switch.

Joker is my only issue and that's because he's got an uninspired moveset
summoning multiple personas or doing that with an SMT protag and their team of demons would have been way better
maybe a stance mechanic where you switch between a faster, gun using Joker and mainly attacking with magic and Arsene's claws

Honestly I am pretty disappointed. But I was hype for Banjo. It's nice to see him back specially when I played both games and loved them.

Who tf else could they put that’s first party Nintendo? At least Dragon Quest and Banjo have ties to Nintendo

His work is amazing but his decision making is terrible

Attached: unimpressed villains.gif (320x240, 1.83M)

>>Useless gun attack
Oh, you're an idiot.

>>Useless grapple gun
Oh, no, actually, you were just baiting.

Not bad, but could stand to be better I think.

Attached: 386.png (680x395, 367K)

>flashy, interesting moveset consisting of several different iconic weapons, pro wrestling moves, and power up abilities
>possible unique mechanic in having to charge his beamsabers
>his original duology was one of the only reasons to get a Wii if you weren’t a casual satisfied with WiiSports
>the third game of his trilogy was just officially announced
What are his chances, bros?

Attached: CC79E0BE-75C5-40F0-BA94-F11EA964C13D.png (400x503, 126K)

Good picks.

leave the Nintendo demographic to me

Attached: KSA_Bandana_Waddle_Dee.png (350x395, 106K)

It's literally what he said. You retards ended up making up bullshit how Nintendo gave him a big list to pick from. Sakurai said that his only responsibility in the DLC picking process was determining if he could turn Nintendo's choice into a fighter.

It's great. I've never played Persona but I liked Joker so much that he is one of my go to characters. The heroes are well deserving to be there and their moveset looks really cool. Banjo was the one most of us felt was missing ever since 64, his inclusion makes the game feel complete in a way. The only other thing that I would like is a FPS rep like Master Chief or Doom Guy, someone who is a heavy but mainly uses guns for his specials and normals. Other than that I can't ask for more.

>Joker gets to date the twins (and probably Lavenza by extension) in P5 Royale, for the twins you get to take them to notDisneyland and for Lavenza you get 3 extra months with her
>DQ11 Switch is confirmed to let you romance and live with anyone, even Veronica
Truly the heroes of cute and funny that we deserved.

Attached: veronica reunion.jpg (600x548, 219K)

Not as high as they should be.

how the fuck do they go from reading the shit on the right/left that looks like normal letters, to reading that densely packed ass shit in the middle?

wtf

Morrigan will be announced at EVO, releasing on Halloween.
Doom Slayer will be announced at the Game Awards, with no date of release given.
Do not doubt me again.

Attached: dlc time.png (1454x542, 1.21M)

>It's literally what he said
if you provide the source of your claim, i'm wiling to shut up

>I want ANOTHER anime swordsman

just no

>core Nintendo players
So you need someone who represents the true, hardcore, dedicated fans? Maybe even represents
the otakue?

Attached: file.png (967x1252, 704K)

>Nero
>not woohoo wacky pizza man
DEAD
WEIGHT
also
>shante

Attached: 1559936085455.png (1080x1024, 412K)

I don't really care. Everyone (barring a few stuck in AT hell) important really is there. DQ hero is still lame. I'd like it more if it was just one of them. It's like they thought none of them were important enough to stand on their own as one character. Feels cheap.

I'd rather have more actual lolis on the roster, woomy isn't enough. Maybe that new dragon loli from Three Houses gets in, she's a main character and everything.

Attached: sothis5.jpg (1200x679, 84K)

>Snake
Debatable

I haven't played Persona but I heard that a fair amount of fans are disappointed that he has a donut steel meter mechanic while Yuusha and Banjo are a lot more grounded in their home franchises.

>banjo
>no fire emblem
It's good to me

>calling yourself a nintendo fan despite never playing no more heroes
>and being illiterate on top of that
Do you believe your mother when she says that she’s still proud of you and will always love you?

Good so far, but It's Time for another one.

Attached: Crono.png (894x894, 439K)

If you know why did you say Erdrick specifically and not mention Luminary, 5 or 8?
Mentioning playable 5 and 8 would validate your leak

Banjo pretty much is like a symbol of hope that it will get better. Even if I hold my money I am getting him and hopefully the other two great characters to be announced still.

holy fuck it's the tweet he made after people kept bugging him about DLC

post a source where he said he got to pick from a list, retard

>people told me Nintendo was going to select nintendo characters
Who the fuck said this. I can recall countless times when it was said Nintendo was in charge of picking the DLC but never where it would be solely Nintendo characters. I personally don't want the entire DLC to be just 3rd parties, but expecting none when almost half of Smash 4's DLC was 3rd parties is retarded.

Sakurai unironically needs to start turning assist trophies into newcomers next game or else we will get shit like Dee, Dixie and another FE character. A new Pokemon is inevitable.

Sheik and Ganondorf are N64 reps. I like to think of Young Link as one.

Pretty okay, so what I think why are they chosen.

Joker might come from sega's request for another fighter and Sakurai liking Persona 5.
DQ hero might come from SE's request for another fighter and being part of Sakurai's favorite NES games list (Erdrick).
Banjo might been result of Nintendo wanting a character that appeals to the west and being part of Microsoft's collaboration with Nintendo.

>The next two fighters may likely be a Nintendo character (likely for advertisement for one of Nintendo's upcoming games and Nintendo wanting a 1st party character because they are involved with the fighters pass) and a rep from Capcom or Namco (most likely Namco in my head).

>DQ hero is still lame.
fuck that, he's likely going to get 16 specials and that's insane

I really hope the last 2 choices aren't advertising and something from the ballots instead.

>heavily toned down fantasy violence.
Joker uses a fucking 9 mil

I am not a nintendo "fan", and you shouldn't even be proud of calling yourself one, you huge faggot. no one cares about your game about weeblife. get fucked, your character will never be in smash.

>complains about JRPG characters
>wants Nero
>complains about generic animal
>wants generic fapbait girl
If you’re going to be a retard, atleast say Goku while you’re at it

Attached: 16189138-CC2D-423A-BF52-23A755E800A3.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Before Banjo we had

>young link
>sheik
>ganondorf
>villager
>wolf

As the N64 reps.

i dunno dude, seems pretty clear to me that nintendo gave him a fixed list and he decided who the next dlcs were gonna be

Attached: smash.png (603x297, 32K)

DQ11 sold 4 million copies (and that's before the Switch version will probably add another million).

Persona 5 sold 2.8 million copies and SMT4 sold 600k.

DQ curb stomps SMT and Persona in terms of cultural relevance.

pretty awful choices apart from joker

absolutely nobody is going to play the dragon quest incel, he looks like a freak and he's just another swordautist

> joker
> fan favorite

STILL SEETHING AFTER 12 MONTHS

Reading comprehension.

Neutral. I dont care for any of them although Banjo is nice. So I am just looking forward for who is next

>Generic Land Animal and Sky Animal combo
>generic
How many of those there are, out there?
Also, aren't Banjo and Kazooie the characters which popularize that?

Banjo, among other Rare stuff, was probably the biggest core Nintendo character (even if former) you could possibly add at this point. It's part of why his reveal briefly broke various sites.

And if we're really gonna stretch it, SMT/Persona and DQ both started on Nintendo consoles too just like FF, Megaman, Castlevania and the ports for Street Fighter and Metal Gear. Pretty much every 3rd-party has kep in line with this pattern so far, barring Sonic/Pac-man (Mario's "rivals") and Bayonetta (borderline 2nd-party ad, like Kirby).

He says right fucking there that he only decides if Nintendo's selection can be a fighter. It makes no mention of how big Nintendo's selection is and if Sakurai had choices. Where the hell are you retards getting that interpretation from?

See you on the tracks manlet

Attached: 0170E4A8-60FB-4CAC-8AE2-A29D6C098C6F.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>i am literally casual scum

Joker really is the odd one out considering he's just the shill choice to promote P5 with a little bit of fanservice for P3 and P4.

>he only decides if Nintendo's selection can be a fighter
> It makes no mention of how big Nintendo's selection is and if Sakurai had choices
????????

>Joker
Shill pick but is still fun to play as. Brought some good music choices too.
>DQ lads
Default model is definitely to shill DQ11 but the other heroes as well as the alt colors are a great representation of a good chunk of DQ. The spell system looks to be neat as well although I worry about how much music they'll receive.
>Banjo
I have no personal attachment as I never played any BK game but I'm excited for everyone that hoped that he would be in. Glad that Microsoft and Nintendo worked out the legalities to bring him in.

Attached: Very_solid_snake.jpg (640x480, 67K)

He is a bunch of DQ protagonists, what else would you name him?

>in modern times it's a bigger franchise than DQ
Pfffhahahaha I'm unironically telling you to have sex, Pesona incel. You've practiced long enough in your chad simulator to finally give it a go.

What the hell do you think that Sakurai even meant when saying he only decided if they can be a fighter?

... that he decided what was gonna be dlc and what wasn't?

>466255041 (You)
Hat Goomba niggers fuck off

>Shill
Retard.

Except for Waluigi and a swordsman (which we just got retard lol), yes, unironically. FE Axe or Spear would be nice.

Shrug, shrug and shrug, Not played any of their games, so there's no reason for me to be hyped.

Shit taste all around. Congrats.

At what point do we stop calling it smash brothers and rename it anime swordsbrothers

Banjo was my most wanted DLC and I enjoyed Persona 5. Hero's moveset looks fun. So pretty great thus far.

Joker seems like he doesnt belong

I guess that I like more Banjo just for the fact that his inclusion can give hope that sakurai will follow it and choose characters that were actual request from fans this time from polls and ballots

Heihachi, Geno, Rayman, Crash, or Spyro will be one of the last two.

>Joker covers modern RPGs and has high appeal both east and west
>Hero covers classic RPGs and is HUGE in the east
>Banjo covers classic Nintendo and is HUGE in the west
They need to hit waifufags and modern Nintendo. Rex & Pyra/Mythra would be perfect in that regard, but I don't know if they'd do a third RPG character.

Attached: 1530555592634.jpg (480x480, 45K)

I have to admit the first 2 ones were shill picks definitely, they both have upcoming games releasing closely.

Enjoy your 25$ mii costume xenofag

Does anybody have a picture of all Hero alts? Am interested in seeing the palette swaps.

Who's the best playable Hero in smash and why is it Eight?

Attached: Eight_-_Super_Smash_Bros_Ultimate.jpg (4096x4096, 910K)

>made entirely by Nintendo
>jaw-dropping "Microsoft" rep

HES FUCKING IN

Attached: 1560318517685.png (270x368, 94K)

I dunno, call him Dragon Warrior?

Attached: 1560409248043.png (323x323, 267K)

It's in the wiki.

Yes please, everyone preorder NMH3 RIGHT NOW

i don't really care about dq but eight is definitely my favourite hero skin since he looks like a true adventurer

Thank God.

Basically Ultimate is just all the ballot's real winners getting in.

Go to his page on the website and click on him

I honestly think nintendo just shat out a bunch of desires and sakurai picked whatever his heart desired.

That's fucking retarded. The more reasonable interpretation is that Sakurai only determined if Nintendo's selection could actually work as a fighter in the actual game. He said "I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection" not fucking "I decide fighters based on their selection."

Don't worry, Edelgard is coming next

Attached: 1541958550018.png (596x617, 431K)

>Basically Ultimate is just all the ballot's real winners getting in.
t. still salty about Bayonetta getting in Smash 4

that Samurai is a hack who is in love with muh animuh characters

fucking hate that chinese fucker

So Geno is getting in next?

They gave him the right name. Many DQ characters are referred to just by their names. If you watch a japanese reaction, when they see him they all start going "YUUSHA!" which is the Japanese word for Hero.

>get your cartoon bear
>still cry about muh anime
You ungrateful fucks

man, if you genuinely think that not even a single ounce of the so-called "sakurai bias" went in these choices then i'm sorry for you

Attached: best frens.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

>shantae

no user, no. You just... you just had one shitpost to do.

For us Banjofriends, nothing will come close to topping Banjo or K Rool, except Conker which obviously won't happen

We are still getting characters that werent in the ballot this dlc though, I can see why banjo was so hype.

>referred to just by their names
Whoops, meant by their class

Attached: 1538359452415.png (274x349, 21K)

>weird but neat left-field pick, but set proper expectations
>figured he'd show, more animuswords but still well-done
>THANK YOU PHIL/SAKURAI

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

The ones I watched called them by their number

Do you have a link to Japanese reactions? I want to see how they reacted to DQ and Banjo.

Joker's moveset is fun AND objectively good

all of the choices were something that Nintendo would pick, what are you even trying to argue?

>DQ is irrelevant
A single Dragon Quest entry has sold more than the entire Banjo Kazooie franchise.

It was confirmed Bayo had nothing to do with the ballot.

They were overly excited at both. If you give a look at twitter you can see videos for both

pretty good, so far. let's just hope for no shilling

youtu.be/MeO9svOmgw4
youtu.be/pumcHbeULso
In general, the Japanese were very hyped for DQ and very amused with Banjo. I feel the English audience is jaded about the DLC picks.

>DQ Shit, played a single DQ game (VII i think?)

You managed to pick the single least beginner friendly title in the entire franchise, congratulations.
Play 5, 8 or 11 like everyone keeps suggesting next time

Nah, the waifufags will be covered by Kasumi being a season pass bonus like Piranha plant. She’ll be an echo

Indie fags and Sonyfags are the endgame. Therefore
>Sans
>Crash
And that’s the final fighters pass. Not bad honestly.

Attached: 79D38CA7-51B6-4A4F-9FFA-0F3218931F4D.png (623x1285, 359K)

I think Banjo wouldn't have gotten in if not for Nintendo, so it's a good thing in my book.

DQ deserved representation for sure, Joker was a horrendous pick absolutely undeserving of being in Smash though.

Despite Joker being an abhorrent choice, Banjo and Hero(es) make the DLC worth buying on their own, with 2 more characters that could be literal whos and I'd still be happy overall. Fully expecting Edelgard and Sylux.

if you say so desu

Attached: E2A1FD6C-18CC-432B-9380-BFDC7215DD73.jpg (3392x2050, 1009K)

>two popular and relevent Japanese franchises
>and then banjo

Not that I'm complaining, but it's pretty surreal to see

This is why I don't undertsnad why people keep saying "LOL relevancy doesn't matter". It obviously does in most cases, it's just that some characters like Banjo and K. Rool have an overwhelming amount of popularity and demand that they fairly easy to make exceptions for. But the bulk of each Smash game's lineup tend to be characters that are, yes, relevent.

Attached: Possession_Optimus_thoughtful.jpg (600x453, 64K)

You played one you played them all

that sakurai obviously had a voice in all of this

>Joker was a horrendous pick
faggot

No Ashley no buy

Attached: 24.jpg (500x651, 291K)

You are literally not qualified to make that judgment.

>Piranha Plant
>Joker
>DQ Hero
>Banjo & Kazooie
>Kasumi
>Sans
>Crash
What would Yea Forums and the smash fan base think of this pass?

Attached: 6A5A2CF2-D73D-4074-995D-F843B30005CE.jpg (852x956, 73K)

Only the pieant has been first party so far...

and his only voice is in regards to gameplay
he even said that Nintendo went behind his back when creating the fighters pass and that he doesn't like the idea of fighters passes

Cute cade

>salty
Nearly everybody most people wanted and who placed much higher in most fan polls got in so far, what's there to be salty about? It doesn't take much brain-power to know "of reasonable results" probably included easy advertising quotas.

t. likes Bayo/DMC/etc.

I don't say so. Patch 1.0.6 that was released 2 weeks after the ballot was announced said so.

>and his only voice is in regards to gameplay
nah

She was but also wasn’t I think, she probably had some votes but definitely wasn’t the top. In her reveal even I think they said “#1 in Europe” or something. Ultimate has all the top picks I think like Ridley, K. Rool, Isabelle, Inkling, Banjo

>popular and relevant Japanese franchises
I'd say that P5 broke into western mainstream a bit more.
It's more like
>Series that both east and west loved
>Series that east adores
>Series that west adores
It'll be interesting to see if the final two are another east/west choice or if they're more balanced ones like Joker.

>it's a bigger franchise than DQ
Why are SMT and Personafags so obnoxious?

>I'd say that P5 broke into western mainstream a bit more.

It's still a franchise from Japan though

Man it's incredible how DQ fans can't get over the mixed reception here. I genuinely can't understand why people feel the need that the west must embrace it just like in japan despite the franchise not being part of our history here. You guys are pretty much demanding people to like it just because japan does.

>Rex & Pyra/Mythra would be perfect in that regard
Can we stop pretending that fag has a chance?

Find a quote or something that proves that statement wrong then. Everything Sakurai has said about the DLC process was that Nintendo was in charge and Nintendo planned it behind his back.

All great picks. The DQ one was saved by adding the older heroes.

Thank you for having the courage to say what I wanted to say.

>Sans
Christ no. If an Indie rep happens it'll either be Quote for sheer notoriety, Shantae for waifuism and Nintendo connection, or Reimu for waifuism and notoriety

Attached: 1542330892481.png (1200x1200, 660K)

>Find a quote or something that proves that statement wrong then
i don't have to, because sakurai is still a human being with clear preferences and not a yes-man robot

Plant isn't in the pass. I like to think of it as Sakurai's last act of rebellion.

Its a cool list. I like all three dlc choices. However I still feel Joker should have been a SMT pick like Flynn or the Demonica soldier since they're actually on Nintendo consoles.
I expect the next two challenger pack picks will also be third party, but I still would like to see some first party dlc characters like Pirahna Plant that aren't part of the challenger pack.

Attached: ed3376c14c3150ffb9ed7b6818302948.png (480x640, 147K)

It's incredible how some people can't get over a Japanese game catering to Japanese gamers.

>and not a yes-man robot
but he still let Nintendo go behind his back to plan the fighters pass even when he dislikes season passes
are you sure about that?

>I genuinely can't understand why people feel the need that the west must embrace it just like in japan
Squeenix was genuinely disheartened by DQ's failure in the west and for decades this meant delayed releases and unfinished translations. DQ4 still doesn't have translated party chat outside of the mobile release and DQX was skipped entirely, not to mention the spinoffs.

Dude come on. I love MegaTen, but DQ blows it out of the water in sales bar none. Get your head out of your ass.

>are you sure about that?
>"... I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with a plan."
yes

They blew their load too early with Joker. Nobody outside of Japan gives a shit about the DQ Hero and nobody who's not a manchild closet furfag gives a shit about Banjo.

Attached: 1556835870679.jpg (635x665, 45K)

It feels like Nintendo's been trying to get the west to like DQ for awhile

Attached: BEME.png (1346x530, 1.05M)

>relevance doesn’t matter
>anything can have a move set (piranha plant, G&W, Villager)
>Westerns can’t be in Smash
It’s time for the last trope to be smashed, it’s time to have a character that has never appeared on a Nintendo console

Attached: 98B29620-449E-439A-B1FB-EA2A4DA587FE.jpg (1200x898, 67K)

>Dixie Kong
>Shadow
>Skull Kid
>Midna
>Alucard
>Travis Touchdown
>Doom Slayer
>2B
>Lara Croft
>Chun-Ali
>Leon Kennedy
>Dante
>Mach Rider
>Chorus Kids
>Isaac
>Lip
>Takamaru
>Suckapon
>Eggman
>Chosen Undead
>Terry Bogard
>Wonder Red
>Saki
>Twintelle (fuck Spring Man)
>Heihachi
>Crono
>Black Shadow
>Lyn
These should all be integrated overtime

who would you want

>Protag of a recent and loved RPG
>Protag self insert of a loved classic RPG
>Protags of a loved 3d platformer that took everything Mario 64 did, but better

I would say they did pretty good. DLC seems to be completely for the fans, rather then JUST advertisement for some upcoming latest game in the series, where they have to half ass a moveset because they have very little material from the game to work with.

This, Joker is the juggernaut sales character that every normie knows and loves.

>MC of what's been one of the most popular jrpgs in recent years in both Japan and the west
Definitely the least expected of the bunch, but I can see why he was selected over the other Persona protagonists, and why they choose Persona over SMT as a whole too.
>The representation of what's easily the most beloved franchise in Japan ever
People here only latched with DQ Erdrick because he's probably the most representative, but with the files being labeled as "Yuusha" what we got should've been obvious
>One of the characters that represent the N64 era
Banjo and Kazooie were basically honorary nintendo characters, if it wasn't for Rare leaving they would've most likely made it into Melee or Brawl, but with them being all buddy byddy with MS it was possible
Overall, I love the inclusions but I don't know what else to expect at this point other than the last ones being third party also. With all the characters the game has right now I can't believe there's still people crying, even those who already got what they wanted in, but shitposters gonna shitpost I guess.

>they add banjo
>Yea Forums still fucking mad
seriously? who else do you want you retarded westerner? dont say fucking shantae or master chief

>I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection
>create a fighter
he's talking about the gameplay aspect, doofus
because even if Nintendo was in charge of creating and selecting the DLC, Sakurai sure as hell can't make a character like L-Block into a fighter

People flipped the fuck out over Bayonetta, more because of the actual surprise factor. Though if Ryu hadn't been leaked like 4 months in advance I imagine the hype for that reveal would have been bigger.

DQ Hero and Banjo are pretty cool, but I still think Joker is out of place here. He doesn't feel like he has the same star power as the other. To me he's like one of the later FE characters or Pokemons, he's here because his new game is out now and it's a great marketing opportunity.
Maybe I'm underestimating the Persona franchise and its staying power in pop culture, but I can't help but think that in five or so years people will pick up the game and ask themselves "Who's this git, where's he from again?"
If he's supposed to be the Sony rep, he's pretty weak and someone like Crash would have been better. If he's supposed to be the Atlus rep... surely they have a mascot that is more future-proof than him?

Attached: 1413753063843.png (600x491, 112K)

If a new smash is made he is pretty much guaranteed to be in

>he's talking about the gameplay aspect, doofus
alright user, i'm sure nintendo run a lie detector on sakurai when he responded to their dlc list

It's just the rosterfags.

>i'm sure nintendo run a lie detector on sakurai when he responded to their dlc list
???

Because smash spergs are literally all le ironic autistic niggers

Can Xenobladefags stop?
I would rather have more FE before any more of your pathetic garbage gets in.

They are desperate but I dont think that the series has any appeal for the west as it has for the east.

i thought that nintendo had a large list and let sakurai choose characters off the list

i'm simply saying that i REALLY doubt that everything sakurai had to say on the matter was gameplay related considering that he stated numerous times how much he loves persona 5 and the first dlc char was goddamn joker

I think the choices are fine but Joker should have been more representative of MegaTen in general. I think he'd be a perfectly good choice to represent MegaTen in general rather than just Persona, and it's a shame they just made him use Arsene and only had P3-5 related stuff with him.

I must say, the reaction to DQ is hilarious.
>REEEEE NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT NICHE SHIT
>WE CARE MORE ABOUT THAT MOTHER GAME THAT NEVER GOT LOCALIZED AND THAT FIRE EMBLEM GAME THAT NEVER GOT LOCALIZED
How many of these people even played Mother 3 and Binding Blade?

>Goku gets in the game via inverse color schemes
BASED CHADKU CHEATING THE SYSTEM

DQ could be god and I still wouldnt give a shit about it

He’s like Cloud in the sense that he’s the most popular and represents his franchise (Persona/Atlus as a whole) I still have hope for a “Sony” Rep, hopefully Crash.

Do you think it was the Microsoft fans hoping for Banjo & Kazooie or some shit?

I would be very satisfied but I still want Travis Touchdown

>tfw getting to see people exposed to Banjo for the first time
>tfw getting to explain how much they fuck with each other
>tfw showing someone their idle animation
I need to replay Kazooie again.

Attached: 1405302073610.gif (500x375, 732K)

The only acceptable Sony rep is the Good Hunter

>Persona is huge in Japan and the West
>DQ for Japan
>Banjo for the West
Pretty smart tbqh

>a shill character who already seems like a stupid addition
>a shill character who just happened to actually be an absolute legend with some great alternate skins
>a fan favorite who has been demonstrably irrelevant for 20 years but is still a fun pick with good moveset potential
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, I guess.

But Nintendo also specifically requested that Joker be revealed at TGA. Sakurai isn't the only one that likes Joker, bruh. Nintendo clearly wanted to push Joker and even market him before the devs had done any major work on him.

>Man it's incredible how DQ fans can't get over the mixed reception here
It works both ways, ledditors are screaming about "muh relevancy"

Since Sakurai made it a point that Cloud actually represents all of Final Fantasy but simply chose FFVII for being the most-popular name from the IP, I just see the same in Joker kinda repping SMT in general (a 70+ game series starting from Nintendo, mind you), with Person 5 being the main one to actually get recognition from normies. Any lack of further inclusions for either also probably stem from copyright license bounderies, hence why no FF1 mages or Jack Frost, for example..

steve geno

>Nintendo clearly wanted to push Joker and even market him before the devs had done any major work on him.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa of course user, i'm not denying that

Are the Japs as entrenched in leak culture as us?

I agree completely. Him, Bayonetta, Shulk, and most of the Fire Emblem cast are really just a fucking void on what is otherwise a pretty great roster. The recent addition of characters like Simon, Erdrick, K. Rool and Ridley really only highlights how out of place and forgettable they feel.

>represents all of Final Fantasy
>Square gave them literally nothing else but Cloud, Midgar, and two songs from FFVII
Sakurai can say whatever he wants, but it's just lip service. The only FF getting represented here is VII.

No one is telling you to like DQ, but someone would expect people who like videogames would at least know the impact it has in Japan and understand why it got into smash at all instead of going "who the hell wanted this?".
Though thinking about it, a lot of smash fans either only care about smash itself, are underage, or both, so it makes sense in that regard.

>Bayonetta
>Shulk
>Bad

>Joker
Should of been a MT/SMT rep, I guess current day Atlus is to blame for this one, but they could a least port the fucking game.

>DQ heroes
I wanted a DQ rep, and it's cool that we got 4 protags as alts, strange not to pick Alef though. Also:
>not giving Eight a spear

>Banjo-Kazooie
You know when you see some faggot literally in tears because of a Marvel trailer or their handegg team won something? That's me right now. Even just thinking about them going home is making me well up with tears, as stupid as it is.

I'm still not buying a Switch; fuck paying for online.

I really want them to reveal the female alt for the DQIV Hero.

It's both ways, really. He probably wanted as much FF content as possible, but Square being notoriously difficult to work with gave them the bare minimum.

Where do you think he went?

Attached: plantfag.png (986x624, 149K)

>I'm still not buying a Switch; fuck paying for online.

Why not just not pay for online then?

It's likely Sakurai would have preferred Cloud bringing other FF references but Square Enix must be a bitch to work with when it comes to FF. At least it looks like he had more freedom with Dragon Quest.

They wanted fans of persona to buy the game at launch since Joker was announced the night before Ultimate released

He better have the Rareware logo for his icon.

People have no obligation to know specially because it is not big in our culture.

I’d like quote be he’s far under Nintendo’s raydar and Shantae is a spirit. It’s actually worse for her that she didn’t even get an assist trophy. Sans is unfortunately more popular than all of them, and Sakurai has made a point that he’s played Undertale (like when he gasm’d over P5).
No other indies really hold up to undertales visibility.

Attached: 109A63C0-C54B-4584-A9D5-478AEAC175D4.jpg (540x482, 31K)

Killed himself hopefully

It's a jiggy.

Smash has become literally fanservice the game. Sakurai isn't allowed to express himself creatively that much anymore because he's bound to people's desires and expectations. I'm positive the plant was an act of self-expression.

People still regularly talk about P3 and 4 despite them being 10 years old and I doubt P5 will be that different in that regard. He'll become more obscure overtime, but I don't think Joker will fade into irrelevance to too much of a degree, especially considering ATLUS' milking of Persona will keep Joker showing up in more stuff.

>I'm positive the plant was an act of self-expression.
so sakurai wants to be a plant?

It's common language to anyone who's interested about Japanese video games. And for a game series that focuses on Japanese video game history, the only reason you wouldn't know about it is if you were retarded or underage.

I mean, I get that, but Cloud has been around for a while and people still remember home fondly and associate him with the FF franchise, which is a pretty massively known IP. He feels ok in that setting. Joker on the other hand just came out, for all we know most people could have completely forgotten about him in a few years. And I don't think the Persona name is anywhere near as well known worldwide as the Final Fantasy series to the general audience.
I just think there's gotta be a better Atlus rep than him is all. How about Jack Frost ? I don't think I've ever played an Atlus game but even I know that SMT has a little trickster snowman looking dude with a boo face. That feels like it's something more people know about, and will still know a few years from now.

>Any lack of further inclusions for either also probably stem from copyright license bounderies, hence why no FF1 mages or Jack Frost, for example..
Ah, well that answers my question I suppose.

Well, I don't completely agree that Bayonetta is that much like Joker and the others, as she has strong enough ties with Nintendo and still has games coming out. Shulk feels a bit more like the rest of them. But yes, they all pale in comparison to the new arrivals

>Should of been a MT
He still is as much of a MT rep as any other MegaTen protagonist would be, they just didn't focus on the things that apply to MegaTen in general with him.

> Joker right before new persona comes to switch
> Hero right before new dragon quest comes to switch
100% shilling

Anime swords man

People have no obligation to know about it. There's nothing wrong with that.

>That feels like it's something more people know about
They definitely do not, even with Jack Frost being the company mascot. Persona is far and away their most popular series and Jack Frost's only representation in Persona is as a Persona, Shadow and sometimes as a doll or something you can get for your room, someone whose familiarity with ATLUS is mostly based on Persona, which would be a lot of people considering it's their most popular series, would not have Jack Frost jump out at them in the same way that the protagonist of the game, the mascot for that specific Persona or any of the other characters in the game would.

>Hero is likely going to have 16 specials, more than any character in the game
>M-MUH SWORDS

>me and the boys about to zoom out

Well, that's a possible scenario too. Hell, Joker being in smash in the first place will probably affect the number of people who'll remember him.
Let's just stay that at the time of his announcement, Joker being announced felt very weird and out of place.

Joker and Hero I'm happy with, so the fighters pass is turning out to be a good deal so far overall.
Don't give the slightest fuck about Banjo.

Can we just agree that corrin is still the worst newcomer added

PREDDY GUD
Still, I'm wondering which other new brands they plan to integrate with those last 2 slots

>she has strong enough ties with Nintendo and still has games coming out
It doesn't make her feel any less out-of-place. Fire Emblem characters are first party, yet they feel out-of-place just because their series has become such forgettable trash.

Smash inclusion shouldn't be about what's "relevant", it should be about what is memorable and unique about Nintendo's.

Goku

>any more
there is one (1) Xenoblade character in you nigger

>out-of-place
absolutely retarded
>Smash inclusion shouldn't be about what's "relevant"
>Smash should only be about the things I want it to be about!

Not gonna happen now, sorry. Anyone else that suggests a Squeenix anime sword is trolling harder than stevefags

In this case I hope Banjo is gauging interest like the Crash/Spyro remakes did and "shills" a potential game too.

That’s Vegetto’s color scheme though

Nigga they got K Rool and Ridley
They literally handled the purists 1st.

I don't think anybody short of shameless weebs are going to disagree here.

He's unique and fun

Please add him as a shill pick Nintendo, thanks

Attached: 1560375591923.jpg (403x427, 56K)

>Cloud and Shulk: literally the only two unique sword characters
>Bayo: has no association with anime artstyle swordies
Take your (you) and leave.

Nintendo is pretty based. They should make the choices more often.

>Sans
>Not Frisk with Sans assist Trophy-Mii fighter

Dude literally only has 1 damn fight

A very iconic fight where he just stands around for exactly 1 minute not taking his turn before falling asleep

>Don't give the slightest fuck about Banjo
You sound a bit hurt

I wanted Touchdown but of well.

Lucina is but Corrin is a very, very close second.

>Cloud and Shulk: literally the only two unique sword characters
the only non-unique sword characters are the clones

No, even if we pretend that's why Joker was picked, they are still representing a series with a spinoff protagonist.

Ryu already has an orange alt and the Hadoken is like the Kamehameha.

>You sound a bit hurt
You sound a bit hurt

Has anyone here even PLAYED Dragon Quest?

Attached: dragon_quest_viii_sc9.jpg (630x473, 41K)

Frisk is Canon pacifist and Kris doesn’t have a finished game. He’d end up in a win screen more than anything.

>bringing in SMT to try and help your argument when it got no content

Attached: blowme.png (429x561, 362K)

I feel like he’d be a freebie from Microsoft
>Gamepass release on Switch
>Also Free* Mastercheif DLC character in Super Smash bros!
(*Redeem this code with 15 seconds or it’s 4.99)

does this mean in the next banjo-kazooie game we get to date tooty?

>all the ballot's real winners getting in.
GOKU SOON

>I've heard that even Japan is more excited for Banjo
Banjotards are so delusional

Attached: 033DEEBD-A17A-4EC1-853C-F267BB9F0C5F.png (1295x838, 1.47M)

Undertale is not even close to deserve being the indie rep

They aren’t satisfied with anything
I basically came when I saw cloud in Smash
Cloud, Snake and Joker are already in Smash unless you want someone boring like Kratos

He wasn't picked for that and they didn't try to associate him with MegaTen, but he still is a MegaTen protagonist and he could have represented MegaTen just as well as an SMT protagonist could, or a Devil Summoner protagonist could, or a DeSu protagonist could or anyone else. Him being from a spinoff doesn't make him less of a good choice for MegaTen representation because it's a series that's mostly spinoffs, unless you think Nakajima would be the only good MegaTen representative.

Joker is fucking terrible. Should have been Jack frost or some SMT protagonist
DQ is based but fuck them for shilling 11 so hard
Banjo should have been in smash since melee

6/10

>deserve
This word no longer has a place in DLC discussion.
A lot of characters “deserved” to be playable, and still didn’t or got regulated to assist/spirit. Bayonetta didn’t deserve to win the ballot and she still did.
That’s word means nothing.

Attached: 9AFAE414-84A3-42B6-9C08-A6CD3A89475F.png (902x720, 523K)

Yeah
He refused Noticis and Lighting so they just said here’s 2 songs now fuck off.

Probably
A plant’s life is nowhere near as stressful as his own

Nigga who the fuck wakes up in the morning and says "I'm going to play as Banjo today, it's going to be fun"

>and I've heard that even Japan is more excited for Banjo
People here thought no one gave a fuck about Banjo and Kazooie in Japan and were surprised that they actually remembered them and with the positive reaction, but the same people were as excited, if not more about Dragon Quest's inclusion.

I wouldn’t be mad at this Shill pick

>he still is a MegaTen protagonist
That would be like saying Itsuki from #FE is a MegaTen protagonist.

>unless you think Nakajima would be the only good MegaTen representative.
Not the only good MegaTen rep, but certainly a good choice, unlike Joker.

Steve, it’s over already. Just stop.

Attached: 784977EC-2659-4FB7-9085-93E2969643B4.jpg (997x1024, 108K)

Attached: 1455973987667.png (900x506, 661K)

If that's the case then give it a trophy just like shovel knight.

Banjo has no games and is a cocktease because he won't get any new games.

>one of the few actually unique FE fighters
Nah

>Completely forgetting about Violent mass murder Chara
The true name

Attached: 3F0DD7EE-64B3-4DDF-86B9-CE8AC2E5D1A0.jpg (500x667, 137K)

>PERSONA BAD
>EVERYTHING ELSE
Like pottery

They were in the ballots and a lot of videos around with excited people were posted along with trending topics. Get over it for christ's sake.the guy wasnt even agressive with the comment but the butthurt is too much

STEVE DESERVES TO GET IN BECAUSE HIS GAME IS FLAWLESS
HE IS MORE RELEVENT AND HE IS A SEXY ASS MOTHER FUCKER
FUCK YOU BANJOKES
FUCK YOU EDRICKFAGS
FUCK YOU DOOMFAGS
FUCK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SO HARD
KILL YOURSELVES
YOU DEGENERATES
STEVE WILL BE IN SMASH
I DONT FUCKING CARE BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS FUCKING GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: B8F067EA-900A-4822-815F-BA1A6EE629EF.gif (426x432, 3.96M)

Pretty great so far. At this rate the entire fighter's pass will be worth buying (I'm waiting till everyone is out before getting any DLC)

I could see his special move now.
>Is like Joker’s special animation
>Sans throws you around
>Singler Slash across the screen
>If it kills
GAME
>Shows an animation of a heart breaking
>Applause animation

I grew up playing DQ games so I really wanted a DQ character. The fact that I got 4 (arguably 5 since that Terry alt looks so incredibly like him it's unreal) Makes me feel like the hero alone is worth the 25 dollars for the FP. Additionally, it's nice seeing Banjo since it feels like he just barely missed the roster in melee do to circumstance, and I also really wanted a Megami Tensei character too, so Joker is nice. Might have prefered Jack Frost, but really, with gun, magic, Tetrakarn, knife, demon resembling a royalty free character, and a stage based on a fucked up version of the Shibuya metro, Joker doesn't feel like too bad of a Megaten rep. Honestly the roster feels pretty much complete now. Good picks Nintendo!

Attached: !!e!UzmgEWM_$(KGrHqN,!gsE0v9klg4FBNP3sz7DFg___1.jpg (191x266, 41K)

>That would be like saying Itsuki from #FE is a MegaTen protagonist.
He is. It's a MegaTen game, he's the protagonist, he's a MegaTen protagonist.

>unlike Joker.
Joker has a similar moveset to the standard MegaTen protagonist, his only differences are that he uses a knife instead of a sword, which is still similar enough to the norm to be a fine representative of the series while also making for at least a little variation from being another anime swordsman in Smash, he's at least better in this regard as far as representation goes than the likes of Demi-Fiend are Serph or someone like that. Besides that he has a distinct style of movement with how acrobatic he is, and that kind of thing is lacking from a lot of MegaTen protagonists as you don't actually see a lot of them in action and even among those that you do see, few carry themselves as distinctly as Joker, and that all just makes him translate into Smash better seeing as if they had Aleph of Nakajima or someone, they would just have to make up a running animation and a crouching animation, rather than Joker who can already provide these things on his own. He also has a distinct style of summoning a Persona/Demon, where most MegaTen protagonists just use a COMP, and while in some cases like for Soul Hackers that can be a bit more visually exciting, it's usually just someone fiddling with something on their arm. There are still plenty of good choices for a MegaTen representative, and I would even say some like Jack Frost or SMT1 Hero would be better choices, but Joker is still a completely fine choice to represent MegaTen, if they wanted to do that with him, and I think it's unfortunate that they didn't because he could have represented it well.

no, she's cool. I like her turning into a dragon gimmick.

It's pretty obvious they're doing one per quarter.

He'll be in Smash 6.

>wanting dead weight himself as anything other than an assist trophy. Dante and vergil and an echo would be a better pick

>Joker
Unexpected, lot of hype and optimism for the rest of the choices to be completely different or wildly unexpected
>Hero
Japanese fandom pick, somewhat unexpected but a safe pick regardless, pretty neat but there's enough Swordsmen in the game to be honest
>B&K
Very safe pick, but its nice to see a lot of people happy about their addition and the tiniest sliver of hope for BK to get some sort of future potential outside of garbage like Nuts and Bolts.

>borderline 2nd-party ad, like Kirby
Reminder that that borderline 2nd party company is what created Smash in the first place.

Nigga who the fuck wakes up in the morning and says "I'm going to play as Steve today, it's going to be fun"

Attached: 1538460919341.jpg (320x299, 25K)

Vergil is far too distinct from Dante to be his echo. Maybe if they DMC1 Dante and Nelo Angelo as his echo that would work, but any other incarnation of Vergil would not work as Dante's echo.

I actually think it's this as well. Nintendo is just letting Sakuria go wild, like they are thinking "yeah man, he deserves it"

I can picture that, things like Nintendo suggesting a Dragon Quest character, and Sakurai going out and instead making it so it's 4 different characters in one instead and coming up with the spell gimmick.

Say what you will about the advertised characters, however, the other DQ heroes being skins is a love letter to fans of the series. The Persona 3 and 4 content, little it may be, is also just for fans. As you know, Banjo isn't playable on any Nintendo system besides the N64 and GBA, so they aren't making any money from him either.

>Sakurai spent the last like, 3-4 years gushing about P5, Joker gets in
>Sakurai puts in 4 different DQ heroes, and while 11 might of been a shill pick the rest are all Fan Favorites
>Sakurai wanted B-K since Melee, finally gets the nod

... this is gonna be Sakurai's last hurrah, isn't it? He's going all out, and Nintendo is letting it happen.

TMS is not SMT

Probably the last game he’ll direct

I didn't say it is, I wasn't talking about SMT though, I was talking about MegaTen in general.

someone suggest that DQ Hero might have been 4 different characters with different spells in that other thread earlier, before they came up with the Menu and MP cost, and I think I have some more ideas to support that
we see DQIV Hero casting Bounce, which at one point might have been his exclusive ability because his zenithian shield has that as an ability, and it's not a spell learned by the Hero outside of games with vocations

Joker is a fucking terrible choice but the other two are great

unhype

joker's alright, banjo is great, the hero is a lame safe pick
with joker, they made it hype by making us think that anyone can be in, now it'll be one more good pick, then another predictable shit pick

Corrin was a good newcomer added under the worst circumstances possible.

Attached: 222222222.jpg (1000x1650, 421K)

land animal sky animal combo isn't even a fucking character archetype, it's just a shitty meme. You might as well say Snake and Ike are the same because they're mercenaries with bandannas.

Honestly why does there need to be another fucking sword and shield character? Huge waste of a slot, seriously. Was anyone happy about that announcement? Be honest.

Joker doesn’t belong in Smash

The other 2 make perfect sense.

Joker is a shitty pick. Shill picks should be from Nintendo, third party should have some kind of important legacy.

Doom Slayer and Ryu are next.

I am excited for Banjo only. Honestly joker is kind of starting to grow on me despite never playing P5. I really dig his design.

The DLC isn't meant to appease purists

Its fans were. Honestly I find DQ boring as much the character picked from it is uninteresting but I would trade any FE rep for them

Well yeah, we have, what, like four of five FE characters? It's a bit ridiculous.

Neither does Cloud, but oh well.

I wouldn't call the Luminary a full shill pick, sure he is the newest guy around but he had enough time to establish himself within the Dragon Quest fanbase. He is more of an Inkling or a Joker and less of a Corrin relative to Smash.

So after Banjo and the DQ squad getting added, how many copies of smash do you think this will push?

You could say I am biased but I really hate FE series. Even if im not gonna get the DQ shit pick, at least they are from a different new rep. I dont see any reason for FE having 5 characters

At least ONE of the last two fighters will be first-party. There's no way Nintendo will want to share the profits of the DLC with 5 different fucking companies.

>There's a chance we will get ANOTHER shill pick
Oh god why

this user is probably right, though we don't know the specifics of the DLC royalties for the third-party characters. I could see one more third-party, but I'm sure Nintendo wants at least one shill pick.

When the fuck has Sakurai added first-party characters as DLC.

I thought Nintendo just gave Sakurai a list of characters they COULD add in, and Sakurai just had to choose 5 to make DLC?

Joker was a giant mistake, but Banjo and the Hero are great picks. I hope we can get some Nintendo characters as DLC though.

>Joker
Cool
>The Luminary
Cool
>Banjo
Whatever. Nostalgiafag get what they wanted and can finally shut up

guess the last game doesn't exist either

Attached: piranah-plant.jpg (1260x1160, 96K)

Why are you niggers so obsessed with the wasted slot meme?

And who are they going to pick? FE comes out too early, Metroid Prime way too late, and all other games(such as Luigi's Mansion or Animal Crossing) have their characters already in. The only one that would make sense is Pokémon and they would still have to share profits with Game Freak on that one.

Three Houses rep

Corrin

Steve, Master Chief, or Sans as the last character

Half of the dlc characters in the previous game, and Piranha Plant even though it was free for a while, but I don't expect the last 2 to be first party after here.

They're ALL third party.

doesn't need to be a character promoting a new game dumbass, just any popular first-party character that isn't in yet

I've loved all three of the reveals, Persona 5, Banjo-Kazooie and Dragon Quest 8 are some of my favorite games of all time so it's like this was meant for me

Attached: Backpack.png (500x463, 157K)

There could just be two from one of the companies already in...

prepare for FE shill pick

Such as? They are all already playable or assists.

And who would be? Paper mario?

Attached: alEJimK.png (868x768, 691K)

How is "land animal + sky animal" generic? Because of Duck Hunt? They weren't even allies in the original game.

The primary antagonist of the popular Metroid series spin off, Metroid Prime's fourth installment.
Sylux

STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN STEVE IS IN
STEVE IS GETTING IN YOU FAGGOTS
FUCK YOU EDRICKFAGS
FUCK YOU BANJOFAGS
FUCK YOU DOOMFAGS
FUCK EVERYONE
KILL YOURSELVES
DIE DEGENERATES
BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY HIS GAME BUY IS GAME BUY HIS GAME DEATH TO ALL OTHER CHARACTERS STEVE IS SMASH INCARNITE BUY NOW DO IT NOW SKDMOAKSNEHWKDNSUAKDNJSNXIKWNSDOKSNXIMEIXKXEKOSMXWKDNIDKRRNOWKNDDIDKEMSDJEMDIMANDUIDNEISMDJEOSNDUEKZNXIDKSNDKWKDDJRNFMCIKSDNDUSKXNXIDJEKAOXMDUEKSMXNXUDKSMXNXISOSMXIEMDJFKCOEMSPSKDENMSXUOFMEIDJFOEOWKXDJDIKDFMCIEKDNFIAKXMFUEIFMDUXIDNUWDKDJEIEKZMXUDISKXKDISOXJXJEIXKDIDKXJEISKWPWJDJDJDDDDXIIDJXJDIJK
YOUR BEAR WILL NEVER GET INTO SMASH YOU FAGGOT OFF YOURSELF
STEVE IS IN SMASH AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU AND YOUR 30 YEAR OLD BEAR BODY CAN DO ABOUT IT YOU FILTHY FUCKING FAGGOT DIE YOU LOSER

Attached: 70B7D4C5-90DB-4B15-9284-E66CC4242454.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>first three characters are third party
>get people to buy the pass like idiots
>throw two first parties at the end to maximize revenue
delightfully devilish

>Joker
Sure, ok
>The Hero
Absolutely. Iconic franchise
>Banjo
Absolute waste of a slot. Had 2 games 2 decades ago and no one but loud nostalgia fags give 2 shits about them.

Buddy listen. Reggie said these characters would be ones no would anticipate. And so far based on the line up, FE isn't happening. I'm pretty sure Sakurai is well aware that FE is not well received when it comes to Smash.

>relevancy as an argument.
Stop it, that rule has never existed, it's a fabrication made by you fucks so you could more easily call others retarded.

>the supposed antagonist of a game coming out in 2022
The Syluxfag never gives up does he?

Sakurai isn't picking the DLCs though.
I know he can deny characters that have been chosen, but it sounded like that's only the case if he can't make the character work as a fighter.
Corrin only happened because Sakurai asked which current game he should shill and Nintendo told him FE, so i could see it happen again.
t. Syluxfag desperate for the leak to be true

No need to be so mad, Dqfag. Your shit sword man is in and that is what matters.

Buddy listen. Reggie could say whatever he needed to to get you to buy the season pass. It's just marketing.

>being this mad that Hero got chosen over minecraftey man or goku or some other shit meme character you've been begging for

lol

>People think there wont be FE reps
I feel sorry for them

Nintendo is legally not allowed to lie to their consumers. That goes for Nintendo of America. They're all third party.

I mean, you're the one that seems angry Banjo got in

This user speaks the absolute truth.

>made entirely by Nintendo
That might explain why Sakurai bullshitted an excuse to have Zelda not be the BotW Zelda. We're gonna get BotW 2 Zelda and she's gonna be the Tank Zelda compared to Caster Zelda and DPS Zelda.

Attached: Monolith new project.jpg (1788x908, 406K)

muh doom meme

Ridley is in already and i wont even need to pay extra money for him.

>t. Syluxfag desperate for the leak to be true
It's already confirmed fake, he said Crono and Neku instead of Erdrick or any Dragon Quest character.

That's exactly what happened

Does this mean we're getting Doom Slayer and Ryu?

If ARMS and XC2 couldn't make it in the DLC because time constraints or whatever, then FE3H is even more out of the question. It's one or the other.

Pretty strong actually, especially considering NMH3 is coming out.

It also helps that Suda is adamant in having Travis in Smash, he's been trying to do so for years, to be the point of begging almost.

Attached: image.png (497x732, 634K)

Wasn't he de-confirmed on a live stream with Suda?

Post characters you want that have a less than 0% chance of getting in.

No actual reliable leak has popped up yet, so those two aren't guaranteed

Attached: 47f9c188a80e1a37312db1a48aebb021.png (322x267, 43K)

Demi-Fiend and lowkey Frisk
He was indeed, iirc

Attached: UndertaleNocturne2.jpg (1280x864, 133K)

First two are only in to shill their games. Nobody actually cared or wanted them.

>people with zero understanding of marketing think Nintendo is gonna try to shill a six months old game with Smash DLC instead of taking the opportunity when it's still fresh.
You FEfags should be happy that you are getting a decent game for once after years and you don't have to resort to pissing in the cereals of other fanbases to get any sort of enjoyment.

Attached: bree.jpg (459x549, 76K)

Probably nothing because these reveals literally always blow their load early on and then fizzle out at the end. It's basically Smash tradition.

Attached: Heavytaunt5.png (485x751, 238K)

this fucking image convinced me spongebob has better moveset potential than most choices

Attached: moveset.png (1199x1089, 1.14M)

Attached: 545.png (666x990, 187K)

At least not in this game, with a little luck in the next one assuming it will happen.
Really, an item since Melee yet not even a trophy and only as a sticker in Brawl and a spirit in Ultimate, Panel de Pon deserves some respect.

Attached: Lip.gif (370x517, 41K)

I'm actually kinda pissed that Spring-Man got trophy'd since I thought he was a shoe-in for Smash if not in the main game because of the timespan then for sure DLC. I really thought he'd be in, I was so convinced that I betted money on it, I lost two hundred to my Genofag friend.

Nah, he was vague about it so we unfortunately can't disregard it yet.

An Etrian Odyssey rep that works like Pokemon Trainer where you can choose between three units that play differently from on another. Final Smash can be some kind of burst skill.

Attached: image.jpg (767x698, 93K)

needs more women

Monster didn't exist in the 50s.

New Persona isn't coming to switch though.

GUNNER OR RIOT, RICKY FAGS PLS GO

Attached: EO2FemGunnerTea2.jpg (807x953, 267K)

Actually..
youtube.com/watch?v=7_2n1OrJYnM
The leaker YongYea referenced who predicted all of these DLC so far had Doom Slayer on his list. So far he has gotten everything right.

Also Bethesda has in fact talked to Nintendo regarding Smash and they were more than up for it.
nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/bethesda_has_spoken_to_nintendo_about_smash_bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible

And let's not forget that Doom Slayer and Ryu are big staples in gaming history so those two being in makes a lot of sense. Doom Eternal coming soon around fall makes me think that he has a legitimate chance.

Persona 5 Scramble IS coming to switch though?

Joker is by far the biggest waste of a character. Barely any Persona games on Nintendo consoles and has no legacy with Nintendo. 100% a shill pick paid for by Sega. On top of that, Joker and his players are pure cancer online.

Well I don't have to spend extra on the fighters pass now since 2/3 are shit

I'd feel like I wasted $20.

8 has such a good aesthetic. 11 looks so bare in comparison.

Yeah that's a prediction, not a leak. That isn't what we were talking about. But thanks I guess. Also is there a time code for this video or should I just watch this hour long video and hope

ICH WILL

My favorite shit post is people saying no one wanted these guys but follows it up with WHERE ANOTHER CAPCOM CHARACTER LIKE WAHOO MEME MAN OR BUFF CHRIS

Here's your EO rep

Attached: 3a0.gif (500x500, 11K)

4:17

You think what Reggie said would make him legally culpable for anything? Are you a retard?

because they're upset that their favorite character didn't get in or they don't like or care about the character, so they feel the need to shipost about it

I know a lot of people get upset that they feel Smash isn't celebrating Nintendo history anymore but I kinda feel like Smash is about celebrating Nintendo in general now and I don't see why that's bad. Series like Bayonetta and Persona coming to Nintendo are significant and represent strong partnerships. Dragon Quest gas long been a defining player in the JRPG game. Even Fire Emblem has exploded in popularity for Nintendo and so they represent not Nintendo history but Nintendo as it is now. Lucina and Chrom make a lot more sense than Black Shadow or Porky who have never really meant much for Nintendo or its history considering how niche the two IPs they come from are in this day and age.

tl;dr stop framing Smash as an NES throwback party. 2019 is also a part of Nintendo's history.

We aren't getting an FE rep dude.

>predicted
Give a source for something way earlier than this E3 stream, because:
>Hero was one of the most popular leaks floating around ever since December
>Banjo was leaked by Shinobi and Verg about a week before E3
If his predictions were only made around E3, then there's no reason to believe them because they only accurate parts were based on information from actual leakers

that's all it deserves

>Very popular ongoing title they might want to sink their claws into, thought to be a Sony exclusive

>One of the most important if not the most important RPG to gaming history and a huge sensation in japan

>One of the 4 legs of the n64 that helped Nintendo through what might have been a rough time, near the top of Japanese and English speaking polls

Pretty good

Following this pattern I'd say one of the last two would be crash bandicoot no joke

lol did you uninronically believe k rool wouldn't get in?

The last two have to be less hype, they would obviously save their biggest reveals for E3.

He's talking about the 5chan leak, which clearly was fake considering Banjo got in and not Steve.

I wanted Master Chief and Sora but these picks make sense so I think they’re great so far.

need Doomguy and Heihachi now to be perfect

Anything could happen.

Joker would have been much better if they'd treated him as a more general SMT rep rather than just a Persona rep.

He's coming.

Attached: Sora.png (680x1086, 724K)

So far I excited for Banjo. Not knocking the other two guys, but I havent played any Persona game or Dragon Quest game, its just not my thing.

Please no more swordsmen.

We already have Ryu and Ken.
Have you considered the fact that maybe there's some truth to the leaks and that it's not all to be discarded?

>Reveals k rool and Ridley and the belmonts

Oh my god oh my god who could they possibly reveal before release to TOP THAT!?

>ken and incineroar were the last reveal

pls

Attached: A hornet is fine too.jpg (1466x812, 79K)

Whatever about that, I just want you to understand that any legal challenge would be ridiculous

Have you watched anime? Read manga? Read about world war ii

It's Japanese tradition in general to fizzle out

Last two characters will actually be Nintendo. Mark my words. They frontloaded the third party ones to sell those passes.

Ain't zero yet. More like 0.0000001% chance.

Attached: 1536023460457.gif (540x675, 305K)

Man, that poll got absolutely murdered if you consider spirits

Attached: 20190613_224347.png (1300x1150, 325K)

I dunno
In WWII I feel like they really went out with a bang

We've all noticed this when the game came out. There are no first party characters who were not made into spirits that have any business as fighters.

Alright sooo

Sora's out.
Master Chief's out
Steve's out.
Travis is out.
Artorias is out.
Rash is out.
Shantae is out.
Geno is out.
Bandana Dee is out.
Rayman is out.

A lot of reps are out. We're in the endgame now.

Attached: D63YD_GXoAE0g2r.jpg orig.jpg (658x1283, 105K)

There. You can play as Goku and Trunks.
Satisfied?

Attached: D63YMLtXsAE0eAt.jpg orig.jpg (658x1290, 88K)

Jibanyan deserves it.

I thought Samurai said Nintendo provided him a list and he chose out of that list

Banjo is probably the only non-Japanese fighter to be in Smash.

>Have you considered the fact that maybe there's some truth to the leaks
If there was truth to the leaks then they'd actually be truthful, user.
>Just believe leaks even if they're false!
Faggot

Based hat goomba

>Master Chief
>Travis
>Artorias
>Rash
>Shantae
>Geno
>Bandana Dee
>Rayman
I'm curious as to how for the following. No you can't use "spirits".

Heihachi is from Tekken and he is iconic as fuck

Better have bandana dee then

That’d just make him a shit SMT rep just like Persona is shit SMT.

Honestly all four (let's be honest sora is fucking dead) are pretty great picks

The only logical place for the series to go was to become a celebration of video games associated with Nintendo, not just Nintendo alone

>a celebration of video games associated with Nintendo
Or just a celebration of video games in general within the restrictions of third parties.

WE ALREADY HAVE RYU FROM STREET FIGHTER WHICH CAME OUT FIRST. And as far as I know there are NO upcoming Tekken games for their system and they have no reason to advertise it.

I just want to see Game Freak lose their shit and get all flustered about a Yo-kai beating up Pokemon.

Attached: 350[1].jpg (350x275, 18K)

I'm pretty sure Nintendo wants to keep a steady relationship with Gamefreak by not putting in their current rivals. So him and Agumon are likely out.
>B-b-but Sonic
The war was over by that time dipshit.

If by steady relationship you mean Nintendo allowing Game Freak to further ruin and sully their main property, then sure. Game Freak doesn't deserve anything good for them anymore. They're unworthy.

>next game all pokemon stuff mysteriously dissapears

You're actually right, how strange

Nintendo only owns 1/3 of the IP. What The Pokemon Company does is out of their hands.