Uhh bros? Someone leaked the roster

Uhh bros? Someone leaked the roster
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/464947403/

Attached: realleak.png (1022x250, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2017/06/04/tales-festival-2017-character-popularity-poll-results/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465907224/#465918204
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465939404/
sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Quote (Cave Story)

Attached: 1452371205532.png (1000x800, 19K)

t. sentient trojan horse
Hard pass

>21th

With the amount of fake leaks you retards make, I'm not surprised one got it right

look at those release dates

The supplementary details are all bullshit.

is tales of symphonia good

>Only 5 songs

luminary (who isn't in) isn't releasing on the 21st

>Lloyd
>Quote

L M A O

It is Luminary, though.
But he certainly ain't going to be released on the 21st. Oh, wait, 21th.

everyone already knew the DQ hero was happening due to datamining and banjo has been the most popular guess since before Ultimate came out

luminary's costume is based off of angelo
eight's costume is based off of terry
banjo is releasing in fall, not june

>banjo is releasing in fall, not june
pic said August

But he got all the info on the Luminary wrong.

This is bullshit.
It's been known that select media groups got to see the E3 direct a week early but the direct itself didn't have the zelda botw 2 teaser at the end. This person obviously saw the e3 direct and then just made up two bullshit characters.

Poor translation or bullshit?

Better than Cloud's grand total of 2 songs.

Is Lloyd that big a deal in the Tales fanbase? I thought the Abyss edgelord was the fanfavorite?

throw enough and something will eventually stick

Remember that we're talking about Square "2 songs 2 alts and no spirits" Enix

>Luminary and Banjo will both be announced at E3
>Erdrick will be released on June 21th
>Erdrick

MMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The stage and dates are wrong aside from simultaneous E3 reveal.

yes but it didn't age that well compared to later games

Isn't not even that, this only only because we knew about Brave. All the DQfags kept saying that Brave is probably a DQ character while everyone else disagreed, so it's not like it would have been hard to figure out who Brave is.

The protag from Vesperia is the fan favorite. Not a lot of people like Luke from Abyss because of the way his character arc starts out.

The top Tales characters are Leon(Destiny), Yuri(Vesperia), Ludger(Xillia2), Luke(Abyss), Sorey/Mikleo(Zestiria), and Velvet(Berseria). Lloyds kinda popular but only in the west since his game was baby's first for a lot of the fanbase.

What stage is shown in the trailer for Hero?

>Dragon Quest
>expecting generosity with regards to music
dude sugiyama (the DQ composer) is a total chode about this kind of thing. He even went after people on PC who downloaded the Symphonic Mod for 11, because he deliberately put shitty low quality MIDIs in the game to force people to buy his symphonic OST CDs (they are using the symphonic OST now as a selling point for Switch's version)

he's a high ranking member of the Copyright Fun Police in Japan, the "Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers, and Publishers"

it's a lucky guess. (also the safest guess in the world, everyone was saying DQ and Banjo)
>one of the alternate costume of the luminary will be the clothes of the protagonist of Dragon Quest 8
he's referring to this, which was actually in DQ11. He wasn't claiming that Eight would actually be playable.

Attached: dragon-quest-xi-costume.jpg (555x328, 28K)

>Abyss edgelord
not even close, Luke's basically a 50/50 character. The party is the weakest part of abyss
Yuri is the one that everyone likes to the point where he's been banned from some popularity polls in the past.
Lloyd's game was the first one that a lot of people played, but he was on the gamecube and would fit well despite anime swordsman memes

I thought as long as you paid him, he'll let anyone use his music

>It's been known that select media groups got to see the E3 direct a week early but the direct itself didn't have the zelda botw 2 teaser at the end.
Doesn't that line up perfectly with this? That the original plan was not to announce BOTW2 at all? Which is why this person would think we aren't getting a trailer?

Attached: 1560300372599.png (1314x399, 104K)

Yggdrasil

The floating islands around Yggdrasil.

Yuri is the most popular character in the series and his game got remastered this year and is on the switch
I'm gonna take a wild guess and put him as a far more likely option than Lloyd

nothing will ever be as funny as when people were steadfastly determined never to accept Shulk would be added to Smash Bros. they did overlays of other characters on roster leaks to try and prove he wasn't really on there. someone tried to say duck hunt wasn't real because his render resembled a kingdom hearts render of pluto the dog. yall are funny

leak busted then

What's that have to do with this thread?

The Luminary+Banjo thing was pretty much a very impressive lucky guess.

>Quote (Cave Story)

As long it has Curly brace alts, otherwise, I don't care

oh i just think it's funny watching people's justifications for why x character would never be added or why one makes more 'sense' than another. sakurai is just constantly trolling but people still try every time to apply logic

siliconera.com/2017/06/04/tales-festival-2017-character-popularity-poll-results/
Kinda
I cant find 2018, but I think it was mostly the same the top ten were jostled a bit. Yuri and Leon are Hall of Fame status and are no longer eligible for votes since they won too much.

August still isn't fall.

Not that impressive since all the leaks were saying those 2

Isn't Leon with a mask in the top 10 as well?

Didn't they say they're using the normal BoTW overworld for the next game? One town also doesn't sound very comfy

What are you talking about, that's Judas user.

Well, people were saying it was either/or, and it turned out to be both, in the same direct at that.

I remember the morning the Shulk trailer ironically dropped with the title "Looks like we don't have a choice!" It's something Shulk says in the game pretty often but it also makes it look like the leakers just made them put out the trailer.

believable, but stage is wrong and DQ and Banjo were safe guesses

I think he means that the Sacred Realm will be a different location (with dungeon-like regions and a town) that expands Hyrule so we aren't literally just exploring the same exact overworld.

You can clearly see the Castle lifting off in the trailer and everything else adds up, we know Nintendo has wanted to attach a thing to Link's arm for some time, and everything in that blurb makes perfect sense with what is shown in the trailer.

Obviously it could be fake still but it's a good base point for deciphering the trailer (everyone else's "theories" have been fucking terrible)

>ludger and sorey better than Lloyd
lmao

Attached: fuckyou.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

i'll never forget the PLEASE ENJOY MY GOOD FRIEND SHULK shitposting

He is reffered as "The Hero"

10k?

There have been 100 variations of these "leaks" one of them had to be correct, even then those dates lol.

Are you a commie or something? Why shouldn’t he protect his work and get paid for it?

'From 10 thousand years ago' I presume

see
I'll give you Ludger since he was a silent protag and lacked any real presence, but really most Tales MC's are shonen tropes played straight and personally I'd say Sorey was more endearing than Lloyd was even if his game was lacking in almost every other aspect.

BOTW2 is clearly going to center around how the previous Calamity was "resolved" 10,000 years ago, like in the legends of Current Link's time.

Basically while faffing around Link and Zelda finally find Ganondorf (The Knight)'s original body which had Ganon sealed in it by the Old Zelda from 10,000 years ago. Presumably through Shenanigans Link's arm is severed and replaced with this Zelda Arm that has magic powers.

This is all speculation of course.

Putting shitty audio files in your massive AAA game to sell unrelated symphonic CDs is a really shitty thing to do. It protects the profits of the symphony's work but it makes him and the company look like complete assholes who made the experience of their game worse on purpose to make a few bucks for the orchestra.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465907224/#465918204 fake

3 well known characters and two literal who's

yeah that makes absolute sense

Do you have a better theory than what is presented in that blurb?

Please no, please be fake. I want Phoenix Wright

Attached: wonderfulworldofmoi_1995951408214821442_8381269387.jpg (1080x1011, 91K)

I don't mind Lloyd but I'd prefer Cuphead instead of Quote for an indie character.

>I'll give you Ludger since he was a silent protag
I wonder how many huge Tales fans played Xillia 2 once and then never bothered to start NG+. He isn't a silent protagonist, they only keep him quiet on New Game because it would make the twist incredibly obvious.

Goddamn it I had a chance to ask Josh Grelle about voicing a character whose voice was only in NG+ during a con recently, and I had to bail on the line because it was taking too long and my friends were waiting. I wish I could have asked him.

I hope this is real. Lloyd would be cool, and Quote would be the best indie-rep

You clearly don’t know how this works buddy.

It’s all on SE, if they want to save budget and use MIDI instead of paying Sugiyama his share for using Orchestral in their games, it’s their decision.

Do you legit have low IQ?

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465939404/

>Quote
Don't get my hopes up like this

>Thousands of retards just guessing which characters will get in
>One of them guessed some things right
>Mentally impaired leakfags actually think it's a real leak
Seriously, just how fucking low is the IQ of the average Smash player? It definitely is in the double digit area.

Attached: 1558344446398.jpg (699x919, 75K)

nice LARP faggot

Not that I buy any leak. Quote is cool and I get why they'd pick him. Does Lloyd have a following though? Not shitting on the Tales games. I'm just curious if he was in that many and if he's some constant main character or just requested a lot like Banjo Kazooie.

Yuri is the most popular, but Lloyd is generally considered to be the most 'iconic' protagonist and performed well in the Smash ballots, besides.
Sakurai has said that he is aware of the demand for Lloyd and that he would also be his preferred representative for the Tales series.

I'd be mad if this were it because of an indie like cave story getting in over shantae or shovel knight

Back to resetera, tranny.

Lloyd is the face of the Nintendo side of the Tales of franchise. Clessfags like me are too few, most people got into Tales through Symphonia. Lloyd's game is honestly the FF VII equivalent of Tales Of.

this comment is so retarded that i am in awe

let me be clear here, you think the Composer of DQ11, the legendary composer Sugiyama, who has done autistic shit with every single DQ game ever, is somehow beholden to Square, and that Square, who have already paid the orchestra to make the music for the game, would choose not to use the music they just made

Attached: 1550701803638.png (644x465, 216K)

oh you're just one of those people who is going into every single thread to shout tranny tranny tranny

it's getting old

>The party is the weakest part of abyss
To this day, I fucking love how all of Jade's plans fell apart he himself ended up pushing Luke to Van because HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO BE NICE. It's really telling of how everyone in the game is a huge asshole when "I don't know how to act like a decent human being" is a major plot point.

>Sakurai has said that he is aware of the demand for Lloyd and that he would also be his preferred representative for the Tales series.
He never said this.

The Luminary is the name the DQXI hero is known as.

August's summer.

Luminary is DQ 11 Hero's title, like how for DQ1's Hero is titled Erdrick and DQ2's is titled Prince of Midenhall.

Swear to god if we get ANOTHER anime sword boy. Oh well I got banjo so I guess it's not so bad anymore.

The DQ stage is not the tower of lost time.

At least he shouldn't have a counter

the release dates getting pushed back is understandable

How do non-Quotefags feel about Quote?

Attached: 53093628_p0.png (920x580, 357K)

Quote and Commandervideo would be the only acceptable indie reps

he'd be a comfy indie character that has good moveset potential

If we only had one indie rep, I'd be more than OK with him.

Quote makes a lot of sense. Nintendo publishes Cave Story and Quote would best fill the role of an Indie rep better than any other indie character.

Oh also Travis Touchdown if you count him as one

Attached: 1558229684136.jpg (720x738, 34K)

Travis is not an indie Hero, since NMH1 was made by a properly stablished company.

Yeah but we all know they can't make original moves for sword boys

But several of those supplementary details aren't wrong. It does mention Luminary, Erdrick, and the 8 protagonist, presumably trying to get the point across that he has alt costumes. I think it's just piss poor translation. The rest is pretty clearly about mii costumes and sounds pretty believable.

But he is? And honestly, I would believe a 21st release date when Joker just basically dropped virtually out of nowhere. Like, we knew the Smash direct was coming and was going to finally detail his moves, but nobody actually expected the direct to say "oh and by the way, all of this is dropping TODAY". After that, I would not at all be surprised if Hero came sooner than we all expect.

For many people, August is when fall weather starts to kick in so some low-key consider it to be fall.

Not saying I'm not taking this with a heavy grain of salt, especially because Quote seems like a pretty absurd choice and Luminary and Banjo were reasonably predictable but I'd still count it in the possible category.

So everyone’s just gonna say this shit like Banjo was ever a lock. Fuck, you people are stupid

Banjo was a lock when leaked by insiders.

He is OK. I would rather have Reimu for the shmup/indie appeal but he is not a bad pick.

Actually I just looked it up and yes he did.

sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

>—The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?

>Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?

>—For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]

>Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.

Fall is August, September and October, faggots.

It kind of pisses me off how hard Nicalis milks Cave Story because as far as I'm aware, the creator doesn't get any proper royalties from the milking.

All I have heard is that Nicalis deceptively tricked him into signing an English contract that gave them most of the Cave Story rights, and ever since they've just been re-releasing it over and over, putting the characters in crossover promotions, and the OG creator wants to make a Cave Story 2 but isn't allowed.

PIC RELATED IS BEST FIGHTER HIS GAME IS F L A W L E S S EVEN BETTER THAN BANJOKE AND DOOKEY QUEST
FUCK ALL OF YOU Yea Forums
STEVE IS THE BEST CHARACTER
KILL YOURSELVES
EVEN BETTER THAN EDELGUARD
FUCK YOU ALL
DIE DEGENERATES

Attached: 051447E9-92AC-439E-B898-0F535F10E717.jpg (250x140, 3K)

>Want this leak to be real because it means I get Banjo and Kazooie ever so slightly earlier than expected

Attached: 1543614532408.png (900x900, 391K)

I wouldn't go as far as saying that he was a lock but he had been heavily requested for years and there have been a bunch of leaks saying he was in. He's not like Joker, who's inclusion was completely unprecedented

then what is November? since the winter solstice is at the end of December and the fall equinox is in September.

Remember how Pokemon Sword and Shield was meant to have a Snake and Horse, like the Cyndaquil leak said?
Surely leakers can’t copy off of other leakers or speculation with some added made-up details.
You people are kind of idiots aren’t you?

Before maybe a few days before E3, only the "Banjokes" believed Banjo would be in. It's just like how Grinch leak had huge support but after it was revealed to be fake, everyone denied it.

>the guy from a single fucking game that never got a sequel and isn't even owned by the original creator anymore is the best possible indie rep
fuck off

>and the OG creator wants to make a Cave Story 2 but isn't allowed
The whole Cave Story deal is a huge telephone game. We don't know any concrete details, but Nicalis DID awknowledge Amaya when the Switch Port released by sending him a Balrog keychain. Pixel has a job and a family, so game deving isn't his most ideal option.

Attached: 43047493.jpg (1200x848, 602K)

All he got was that the lead was Luminary instead of Erdrick and Banjo being afterwards.
Them both being at E3 wasn't a huge addition since everyone expected 2 characters at E3.
The rest of his information is either unconfirmed or flat out false.

It's just a lucky guess out of the hundreds of fake leaks this board has gotten this past month.
Also, Lloyd ain't happening. Hero takes up pretty much all the classic JRPG cred here.

He also did that annoying faggot thing where he "confirms" Joker months after his announcement.

But a piece of art being doodled crudely over (CaveStory+) and merchandized to hell by a company that had nothing to do with its creation just rubs me the wrong way.

Like I am happy for Cave Story diehards who like seeing it get mainstream attention, but at this point it feels hollow to keep seeing it pop up knowing the original guy has 0% to do with the IP anymore

Face it Steve-O, you and your Discord friends lost.

Attached: 1559432434510.jpg (1253x1280, 108K)

Is mark still shrieking at you guys to do this or are you like a rival discord now keeping up the legacy?

Like you know all your discord shit got leaked right?

I guess I can't expect you to "break character" but really, this is even more pathetic now that we've gotten two trailers in a row now

Edelgard is #4 and Sylux is #5, both to shill their respective new games. Anything else is a lie unless the project plan from November 2018 was changed. Only Joker, Banjo, and Hero had any work done on them as of December, and Sylux was moved to last the minute MP4 was thrown in the trash to restart.

It's obvious we are going to get a Tales rep now that the other big 3 JRPG franchises are represented. Expect retards to deny it for months like they did with "Brave" though.

Winter.

honestly, sounds like the guy had legit info on Joker and Banjo and just took the opportunity to flat out lie about the remaining 2 fighters

Lloyd would be such a fucking lame addition even for Nintendo standards

Attached: 1390705719961.jpg (500x426, 151K)

I understand the discomfort. We can only hope Daisuke gains some control in a future, new project.

Attached: 43751428_p0.jpg (848x1200, 529K)

>Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.
That's actually really disappointing to hear because if we were to get a Tales rep, Cless would be who I want. Then again, some seemingly impossible shit was pulled off with Ultimate so you never know, maybe if a Tales rep gets in, they'll give them the Hero treatment and give him alts of other characters. If that were the case, though that would be difficult as despite having the same artes, they all animate very differently and use different sword styles. It would be difficult to produce identically functioning attacks (same frame data, same hitboxes and hurtboxes, etc) that animate totally differently. Not impossible, but still very difficult.

Why did he get all the Luminary details wrong then

The quote you linked says otherwise. He doesn't say shit about Lloyd's "demand" and doesn't say that Lloyd is his "preferred representative." He just says that he went with Lloyd because going with Cress would have to involve getting the original creator's approval, making the process for a Mii costume more difficult.

he got the alt costumes and stage right dumbass

boss a cute

>Quote
Do not even JOKE about that shit nigga, it’s not cool

Attached: 58E2F274-32EA-4F4F-BDBD-56BF59BCD093.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

based retard

Attached: honey.png (146x159, 7K)

yeah the fact he didn't mention DQ5 hero as an alt actually lends credence to this because everyone thought it would be Erdrick and then when they showed the alts, EVERYONE was asking where DQ5 hero was

The retard in this case is the person misinterpreting the quote in Lloyd's favor.

If you were ever going to get a Tales rep it would be Lloyd because he is the most iconic and well-known Tales character. Cope Phantasiafags.

Attached: ツ.png (205x170, 8K)

>Fall is August

Attached: 1560268563949.jpg (640x676, 26K)

I think Lloyd is the most likely Tales of rep but it's retarded to twist Sakurai's words when he was talking about a Mii costume and how Cress would have been too difficult to do due to needing to get the original creator involved.

Oh my god dude nobody fucking cares. His first thought for TALES INCLUSION is Lloyd. Because Cress would require him to work with the elderly Phantasia creator breathing down his neck about how Cress is represented. Same. Fucking. Diff.

>His first thought for TALES INCLUSION is Lloyd.
Mii Costume. And only because Cress needs more work, so it wasn't a practical choice for a Mii costume. Get over yourself, user.