Wow why did no one tell me we got a new battle toads at e3...

wow why did no one tell me we got a new battle toads at e3? Rare has a video on their YouTube showing it not many people have seen it but it seems live everyone likes it

youtu.be/V1XcmQCgABs

Attached: 02743502-CFD1-4D22-9A05-BE82A125366A.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KmMV6Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=KK541L5x_IY
youtube.com/watch?v=xyJI_uFRZSY
twitter.com/SmugVespaWoman/status/1138245514540064768
youtu.be/Nw42STDQKbA
mixer.com/Mixer/mobile?vod=109948913&t=6h27m
youtu.be/2reK8k8nwBc
youtube.com/watch?v=QSdZxznpc-E
youtube.com/watch?v=EH40wIgWU-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Calarts working on the game.

It will be trash.

New fag everyone knows Yea Forums loves battletoads

Yeah but everyone's agreeing this looks bad because of the cal arts meme.
And it does. Definitely going for that more kid-friendly angle rather than a teen demographic.

I don’t see that as true I see a vocal minority hating on it but the ratio on rates official YouTube channel shows most people like it

When your dislike bar is even close to 10% that means you fucked up. And the one that I saw it was 50/50.

art style looks like SJW shit. pass from me

>OH SHIT YES NEW BATTLETOADS
>Then you see the art style

Well that’s just your opinion if any real fans want to discuss the game the devs have a discord server

discord.gg/KmMV6Yg

Cool shitpost thread OP.

Colours aren't all that great, art clashes and animations are too choppy.

This E3 was like the end of Game of Thrones. Rare ended up controlling the whole map.

>game is not even made by rare
>so desperate for recognition the devs are shilling on Yea Forums
>30k views on youtube, 40% dislikes
LMAOIN

>an actual shill
Holy shit fuck off

Western animation has been plagued with this jagged Newgrounds tier shit ever since Dexter's Laboratory sharted onto the world stage decades ago.

However, there is a rising sea change. With easier access content from the past, people realise they're getting screwed with respect to quality.

There will be a revolt against this art style in the next decade. One that returns us to beautiful fluid and volumetric animation. It will begin with the Looney Tunes:

youtube.com/watch?v=KK541L5x_IY

It looks like an eye sore

>can’t tell what sarcasm is
He even linked the least viewed trailer it should be obvious you can’t even find that trailer with out typing out rare first

Do you think calarts is a studio or something?

Attached: mpvshot1538.jpg (640x480, 77K)

>real fan
Oh kek. And you sure saw pass turbotunnel and totally played Battlemaniacs or Arcade Game.

Look back at history now is not the only time that we have a dark age of animation. Look at animation in the 60s when Hanna Barbara was dominating. Though at least they had writing, and iconic characters to carry shows with mediocre animation. I don't think we even have much to boast about now.

I think it looks great

It looks fucking retarded. When they teased it last year I thought it was going to be a sidescroller platformer like the first game but instead it's some soi facsimile of double dragon x battletoads

>that Hasbro-tier background art

>vocal minority
explain this:

>facsimile of double dragon x battletoads
That would be too much work otherwise. Just another indicator of many just in the trailer that this game shouldn't be getting made. Why are they going through with this. Long time fans are smart enough to notice the contempt for the IP.

This is a rare game who cares if Xbox fanboys hate it, seems like the rare fans like it. Why would I go to a Xbox YouTube channel to watch a trailer for a rare game

If you think the new battletoads looks like shit, you might be an incel

>the rare fans like it
oh yes, those rare fans, those same fans that played...uh...banjo that one time

oh shit wait I like it now

It looks amazing! I'll buy three copies!

what the fuck???
kys

wtf, i like battletoads now!

>Rare
Small YouTube channel made of only rare fans, the trailer gets a positive reception

>Xbox
Huge fan base filled with dude bros they hate the game

Unless the rare trailer starts getting massive dislikes I am assuming it’s just Xbox fans who hate rare hating on it

>purple and blue neon shit
I fucking hate the millenial's idea of "80's aesthetic".

Attached: 1382903718291.png (520x440, 412K)

im sure my wife's son will love this. maybe then he will let me play it for 15 minutes

Yeah, the fans love it.

Attached: Likes.jpg (1163x203, 33K)

Battletoads have been always a shitty parody of TMNT
Same way the original battletoads have been a parody of the 80s TMNT, these toads are a parody of the shitty rise of the tmnt

That's not calarts by any definition. Calarts doesn't mean "generally contemporary" considering at it's peak of influence, we got Disney's 90s animation.

>more than 50% dislikes
if Microsoft had half a brain, they'd take your shitty little flash game out behind the shed and put it down

500 to 300 hundred that’s fine I am sure some trolls are disliking it using Russian hackers that’s why the Russian is popping up everywhere

Microsoft literally gave the project to a no-name company with only a mediocre game released prior to working on Battletoads. Goes to show you how much they care about the IP.

Attached: overruled.jpg (984x525, 169K)

the lead art designer is a soi-guzzling SJW
twitter.com/SmugVespaWoman/status/1138245514540064768

Soul vs souless

Attached: 701905B1-09FB-4A82-A04E-F8E24597D3C4.jpg (1536x1536, 366K)

Why does it look like a fangame?

That artstyle looks awful.

>censoring yourself around youtube dislikes
Is this your first day on the internet?

Dilate Studios is doing a great job, though. Game looks amazing.

I love how the devs for this are constantly retweeting any and all compliments they get, to try and hide the fact this most everyone thinks this looks like complete garbage.

>Muh Russia narrative

Attached: 1559931562305.gif (498x498, 207K)

>linking to someone else's twitter to show screencaps
Trying to get e-famous, little guy?

>nobody has posted the abomination that is the nuDark Queen

Attached: uZ3GJGZ.png (963x531, 340K)

Just Tumblr trying to rape again what those who were kids in the early 90's remember fondly.

Attached: D8tz3C_WkAAdAAU.jpg (632x992, 84K)

The animation itself is what needs work along with DQ's design. The style itself isn't bad for a contemporary remake and they are more expressive than they were before.

Attached: BTDD-rat-boss-e1392250327633.jpg (590x516, 75K)

Or maybe it's a marketing thing.

The queen's new design is boring as fuck I agree.

TMNT Rise April is fine though, I like both there.

wow, they removed her tits and surgically inserted them into the sides of her head

Does people actually care about this. The original Battletoads sucked ass and people only remember it because it was hard due to shit design. Also, while this does look like ass, just because you don't like something doesn't make it "calarts"

Attached: 15002165123.jpg (480x360, 28K)

what are you even talking about?

>Looks like it's trying to copy Rise of the TMNT but with none of the talent or enjoyment of it.
>No New Battletoads similar to pic related
It's tragic really, more importantly that platinum turtles game would have been much better suited for cuhrazy Rise instead of the 2012 series

Attached: TMNT.png (600x300, 257K)

I like his chin

Right isn't SJW. Left is just full incel.

Battletoads was always a trashy series. Pretending to be outraged about how this taints the sanctity of the original is retarded.

Before the Tifa craze started, this board was filled with threads about Battletoads and nu-Dark Queer.

Attached: D8vL7SaU8AE2_Nb.jpg (828x828, 115K)

Fuck off back to Yea Forums

>The style itself isn't bad for a contemporary remake
Battletoads is the last thing on earth that needs to be "contemporary", the series always was a parody/homage of the extreme eighties to early nineties totally radical comics and cartoons, taking most out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Battletoads prized itself in remaining like that, it would never be "modern". Every other company that got the toads as cameos in their games know that, Double Helix in Killer Instinct and Yacht Club in Shovel Knight, both faithfully adapted the Battletoads in their games, there's no excuse for what this new game is trying to come off as now.

Attached: 1539192798050.gif (200x200, 91K)

You're talking about censoring games because of dislikes on youtube.

This is Tumblrtoads.

ok

>wow why did no one tell me we got a new battle toads at e3?

Because you were suppose to watch the E3 along with us so you would know.

Jagged, stylized art is not inherently bad if the artists put actual, genuine effort into it.

Attached: Character_OshareBones_PuyoPuyoFever2.png (254x461, 22K)

Don't mind me, just reviving a beloved retro classic WITHOUT pissing off the entire fanbase
youtu.be/Nw42STDQKbA

Attached: SoR4.png (706x629, 859K)

>Newfags (and Microsoft) don't realize the battletoads meme was supposed to be ironic

Hard yikes

I’m not talking about censoring games. Im talking about cancelling it and starting from the ground up with a studio that actually suits Battletoads.
Because numbers don’t lie, and they show that more people hate this garbage than like it. That’s just logic.

why didnt microsoft just hire the cuphead guys to animate this

Rash in Killer Instinct was a good example on how you homage an IP you own. Nu-Battletoads is the result of a publisher which doesn't care enough about the IP and decides to "resurrect" it half-reluctantly.

Attached: D8vMYu_XsAAeVDC.jpg (1200x675, 106K)

They’re working on the dlc for cup head
They should’ve gotten Wayforward to do this

Dark Queen redesign is shit, I agree.

But April is fine tho (I mean shit, she was black in the original comics)

Where have you been? Everybody hated it.

She was never black except in one guest issue the whole she was originally black meme started because she got a fucking perm

The funny thing is that more closely resembles real censorship than the latest Yea Forums controversies.

So what they did to the Queen isn’t censorship in the slightest?

It could have to do with the fact that SoR4 is made by people who are not only talented, but were also fans of the original games, while little nu-Battletoads is made by diversity hires.

Attached: D8teMAgX4AAm7B3.jpg large.jpg (1115x810, 206K)

Why would it be? Designs and entire concepts change with remakes.

It could have to do with the fact that SoR4 is made by people who are not only talented, but were also fans of the original games, while nu-Battletoads is made by diversity hires.

Attached: D8teMAgX4AAm7B3.jpg large.jpg (1115x810, 206K)

holy shit youre fucking retarded. go the fuck back to twitter or whever you came from

So there are actual shills on Yea Forums... Woah...
Kys you dumb Californian faggots

Attached: 1560435271634.png (553x369, 321K)

Everyone in the game retains their design (save for shitty fucking art style) but only the queen gets a drastically new overhaul, removing everything that made her recognizable as a character?
Sure buddy. I totally believe you.

Kinda odd that you can change the entire art style and designs of everyone, remove the bara sumo moob rat, and give everything a different feel, but if you change the boobs it's censorship. Following the idea that angry twitter mobs "forcing" change in the industry is censorship, Yea Forums "forcing" devs to abandon their change is also censorship.

I've been on Yea Forums since 2004. It's fun seeing kids trying to get political with stupid shit. At least I hope you're kids.

Nolan's Batman trilogy is celebrated as one of the best superhero adaptions and there were many changes made. One was Catwoman and her signature hotness. There were no cries of censorship.

That artstyle predated Dexter's lab by 4 decades

I like how expressive the animation is, reminds me of earthworm jim

Who do you think they cast as Catwoman, again?

Attached: 1560002647044.jpg (353x273, 17K)

I said fuck off, retard. Go mow your lawn.

Remember to hide all marketing threads.

Prove to me that more people like this new version of the queen than hate her. The likes and dislikes don’t lie.

looks disgusting
not even worth a pirate

OP linked the trailer video with the least activity. Probably it's the same shill which later linked the Discord group.

Attached: toadstrailer2.jpg (968x207, 35K)

A Catwoman who wears more than this is censorship.

Attached: 511131_preview.png (800x1052, 573K)

>get rid of everything people liked about the original Battletoads designs and mutilate it beyond recognition
>everyone says: wow, this looks like shit. You guys should make it better, so more people like it and it pleases fans of the series.
>”what the fuck bro, stop trying to censor us!”
What kind of mental gymnastic fuckery are you trying to pull?

>people love cuphead but hate this
I don't get it. I'll probably get this if I get a Scarlett

The design is bad, but people are giving it the thumbs down based on more than just that. That still doesn't change the fact that the concept of censorship is divorced from popular opinion.

kill yourself

Right in the op dumbass more likes then dislikes

Imagine being this out if touch with reality.

Attached: 1560388598636m.jpg (1024x514, 68K)

Is this a reverse psychology attempt to get Yea Forums to raid?

Look at this fucking mess.

Attached: not a fan.jpg (1360x649, 250K)

Go back to Yea Forums retard
The whole """calarts""" meme was making fun of shows with rounded faces like SU, this looks nothing like it

Why would you raid it there asking players to give feedback don’t do that

>Telling someone shitting on calarts style to go to the only place on this site that actively defends calarts
It's calarts shit, deal with it.

>ugly artstyle
>no gore
>no hot antagonist

If avengers a game being worked on for 3 years can completely redo the faces a year before launch battle toads can scrap the art they have only spent ten months on keep shitting on it

That’s not what I’m seeing here

Hm the official rare trailer on rates YouTube filled with rare fans

Vs

The Xbox YouTube channel filled with dude bros

Are you really that fucking retarded dude bros want gears not battletoads like us gamers

mixer.com/Mixer/mobile?vod=109948913&t=6h27m

Here is a shitty dev interview exclusive on mixer with some gameplay and yes it looks like shit this is the only game that was nominated for best of e3 that there is no fucking gameplay of

You can still tell those are the Battletoads, shitty designs or not. I'm just following the logic of Yea Forums's general cries of "censorship".

>us
>implying you have to be a dev to see how the word "censorship" is widely misused

youtu.be/2reK8k8nwBc
So how does the new Orii game have barely any dislikes in comparison? This looks less like something “Xbox dudebros “ would eat up compared to the concept of Battletoads.
I wonder why that is?

I never even brought up the word ‘censorship’ to begin with, you bootlicking sperg

cringe

based

Because ori is recent battletoads is a dead ip all the game journalists told them they should like ori

>So what they did to the Queen isn’t censorship in the slightest?
Is this you?

Black April isn't bad consdering there is a multiverse in TMNT and this is clearly a different universe. Member when April was a boy from the future?

This
is me.
If that’s what you consider censorship, then I must full heartedly agree with it.
I hope they ‘censor’ this game into not being a pile of steaming cow shit that most people objectively hate.

We've already seen what Battletoads should look like on a modern system, and it sure as hell isn't that.

Attached: Rash.png (981x1080, 459K)

How does Yea Forums feel about the Killer Instinct redesign?

Attached: 8eb0d16353bf602ce31b3337e40975cb7d87e55d.png (1129x811, 1.02M)

Flawless

is good

Does redesign just mean Censorship now? Does this mean they Censored Storm and Invisible woman in the early 90's?

Attached: 7461563.jpg (335x600, 44K)

>tfw Yea Forums is too busy complaining about the redesign to call Gamestop or Rick Harrison

>all i want is a true sequel to earthworm jim 2

Have you not been here the past few days? The entirety of Yea Forums and a dozen other forums besides have been shitting on the trailer for this game

Attached: 1560206851545.png (2048x1280, 651K)

I do have some issues with it, the lack of a classic costume being one of them

>that is his classic look
His classic look is spiked elbow pads or in the arcade game no elbow pads his belt is also the wrong color, his classic costume is instead just a recollection not hating on it just stating it could have been done better look at arbiter

Did the 90s have people like this?

Attached: 1559683633582.png (2800x1964, 2.71M)

Flawless, it pays tribute in every moveset as well, it doesn't deviate a bit from what the Battletoads was 28 years ago, the exclusive cameo for the Xbox One version of Shovel Knight also is full of passion.

I still think people like that artist are retarded as soon as people started posting that pic the devs handwaved any and all criticism saying we are only mad cause she is not sexy.

What we should have done is just redrawn the redesign to not look like shit but no everyone thinks they will bring back the classic dark queen

>Yea Forums is too busy being mad a disastrous redesign instead of resurrecting a meme.
None of the two is productive in any way.

Double Dragon Neon was the last, best, and only good 2D Brawler redesign.

Attached: Double-Dragon-Neon_0.jpg (900x350, 55K)

A shit redesign is a shit redesign, Invisible Woman looked like shit in the nineties as well, I won't defend any different design if the character was never conceptualized that way, Dark Queen was a dominatrix empress, Susan Storm wasn't.

Sticking to the original line of design is my ideal.

Attached: 1535867244882.png (2004x2110, 991K)

the fuck

his teeth has a pair of sunglasses

I'm getting kind of tired of the flash game aesthetic.

The Killer Instinct design is great, most of the redesigns/fanarts you can find on Deviantart are great. Microsoft had to search really hard to find the only nu-males who wanted to draw their own basedified, low-effort version of the toads.

Attached: D84pBcnWsAAg9ok.jpg (944x656, 135K)

What's the worst reboot this or Contra hard corps? I'd say this one since Contra at least has the director of some of the original contra games.

Free with gamepass. I'm gonna give it a honest try.

that's it.
you faggots don't see the whole picture.
the whole game needs a do-over visually.
the sex appeal thingy can be toned down if you want. still could look good if the art wasn't butchered.
off of Yea Forums, no, this whole website btw, nigger.
have this pitiful (You), shill.

Both are aesthetically disgusting but nuContra at least doesn't look like a flash game and will probably be entertaining for longer.
nuToads just looks like another generic beat-em-up that refuses to leave the 5th gen.

It was about her lack of hotness though. The style itself is different, but the internet spurges out about less, especially since it's been so long since the last game. It was an iconic meme game that wasn't as fun as others like it and people were content to leave it behind until someone messed with the waifu we completely forgot about.

You mean Uprising? The one with that bland animu art style?

That game was pretty shitty, I'm sure this new Battletoads will at least be a fun game.

>but it seems live everyone likes it
>if any real fans want to discuss the game the devs have a discord server

Fuck off shills.
Come back with a good style and a non sjw battletoads that completely changes designs because women = bad.

Well some skullgirls freelancers offered to work on it but we’re turned down idk why could have been money or their style not meshing well.

Not Alex ahad of course but the freelancers who they hired for that game

The problem is you have to get over it, I am by no means a sjw I just mean they ain’t going to change her back ever so we should focus on what they will change which is the art style I can accept burka queen if the art was not vomit inducing

It's weird how you think women are only good when they're hot and scantilly clad.

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Attached: 1547236980163.png (1140x283, 47K)

yeah? Guess this one now.

Attached: 1560427242556.png (314x112, 2K)

>B-battletoads was the biggest disaster of the E3 201-
oops

Attached: 1560392415490.png (1322x1096, 1M)

There isn't really any reason to depict women in fiction without eroticism. Especially fiction primarily consumed by men,

pokemon E3 treehouse

It got worse.

I agree with both sides, Battletoads deserved a bit better since it's they're being hinting it since 2014, but god nothing compares to what Masuda is doing to Pokemon. That man needs to be fired.

Attached: 1560438581792.png (2048x1056, 239K)

If you censor original content you're shitting on the movement that women that actually cared about actual rights created.

Women fought for centuries to have the right to dress how they want and you dumb retards want it them to wear burkas, while at the same time claiming it's because feminism.
While actual feminists were working to be able to vote and doing huge strikes and movements and taking abuse decades ago, fat landwhales now call themselves "modern feminists" as they do nothing but type stupid crap on twitter all day while drinking star bucks, trying to erase all the progress these actual hard working women did.
You're fucked in the head and you're a disgrace.

You only take the mantle of feminist because you're fucked in the head and have never gotten anywhere in life, being part of the "new feminists" makes you feel like you belong in a group and gives you attention for once in your life, so every single dumbass in this group will follow and chase anything their authorities tell them to like a rabid pack of dogs.
At least I find solace in knowing every single "modern feminist" is and will always be a depressed sack of shit that thinks about suicide daily.

Attached: 1558382486720.jpg (500x457, 24K)

it looks like pure garbage, wont be playing this trash. thanks for ruining another franchise, micrococks.

>treehouse
the fuck is treehouse

Not saying it's bad to make women hot or denying marketing angles, not even saying DQ should be changed, but there are plenty of reason to make a female character hot or not. Limiting fiction with the expectations and demands of hotness is dumb.

Attached: 1558797180335.jpg (760x596, 226K)

actually chuckled at T-Regina.

>If you censor original content you're shitting on the movement that women that actually cared about actual rights created.
It's not censorship, just devs choosing a different design.

>Women fought for centuries to have the right to dress how they want and you dumb retards want it them to wear burkas, while at the same time claiming it's because feminism.
You realize DQ is a fictional character, right?

You display how poorly you understand what's going on in every sentence. Nice fantasy. Nice cope.

They did actually
I'm not defending the design at all but to call it censorship is dumb imo. it's just a shitty redesign of a good character

People in the comments aren't beating around the bush.

Attached: illnesses.jpg (664x215, 30K)

sorry I meant contra rogue corps, the new contra game that they've announced at E3 this year

youtube.com/watch?v=QSdZxznpc-E

>but the internet spurges out about less, especially since it's been so long since the last game.
Russian comments on the videos complain the designs as whole though, just run on google translate if you can't understand ruskie.

>just devs choosing a different design.
A censored design
If you change one of the major aspects that defined the character, the character is gone.
It would be like having bayonetta not do sexual remarks every 10 seconds.

Reminder this is the lead artist, anyone saying this isn't the latest victim of this stupid phase is retarded.

And again, it doesn't matters what you say.
It doesn't matters what you mentally deranged retards think.
The majority of the world knows you're stupid, you know you're stupid you just won't admit it so you drown yourself more into this world.
This is just a trend that will eventually fade and will be looked back as stupid, you cannot change biology and you cannot change beauty, just because someone is more attractive than the landwhales doesn't means they're "toxic oversexualized".

Keep dwelling on your suicidal thoughts, sooner or later it will happen.

Attached: D8vcP6hXYAAP6q-.jpg (640x627, 74K)

bleh. I want none of that.

pottery

Attached: 1548996660135.png (400x855, 315K)

who's that fucking tranny?

Your battletoads artist
are you really surprised at this point

Attached: D8vcP6tXUAUkgFR.jpg (640x759, 56K)

the next one off the bridge

Attached: fuck trannoids.jpg (720x336, 39K)

Changing isn't censoring since censoring depends on intent. The detail in the Battletoad and enemy muscle tone got removed in favor of "calarts" simplicity, but that's not censorship to you for some reason. Sometimes people fuck up designs along the way of making something what they think is hip and contemporary. The DQ looks worse now, don't get me wrong.

It's fun seeing how invested you are in being wrong though. Please, tell me more tangential bullshit you think of me.

>There will be a revolt against this art style in the next decade. One that returns us to beautiful fluid and volumetric animation. It will begin with the Looney Tunes:
Just as long as they keep Chuck Jones Daffy stays dead I'm okay with this.

The vast majority of people on this site were never a live in the 80s. They get their info from sensationalized media.

Attached: 1980s In the kitchen with mom.jpg (676x626, 120K)

Battletoads Arcade youtube.com/watch?v=EH40wIgWU-g
Nu-Toads youtube.com/watch?v=xyJI_uFRZSY

The new shit looks like a fucking Nickelodeon cartoon and the animation just lacks the impact the old games had

>instead of the 2012 series
You couldn't be anymore wrong. They were styled after the IDW ongoing comics. Not the 2012 series.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

No, just the neon 80s vaporwave aesthetic of the internet.

The Dark Queen is basically the female equivalent of Bowie's Goblin King. Their overt sexuality is part of the design to contrast with the hideousness of their lackeys and immaturity of the protagonists. You don't just replace them with a shovel-faced nobody in a button up shirt. People who think it needs to be fixed can't understand that awkward emotional phase of life and would prefer to ignore it or attack anybody who brings it attention.

Attached: Jareth.jpg (620x349, 29K)

Too goofy. Battletoads always had that punk rock kind of style, like you knew the toads were fucking rebels and badasses

Now this just looks like it belongs on Disney XD

>Hanna Barbara
>dark age
Based retard. The HB age was low quality animation sure, but it was full of SOUL. A majority of franchises that are still going strong to this day began during that time. The small budget of each cartoon allowed them to create simple yet visually impactful character designs which still provide proper example of effective design today.

>offer MS to make new Battletoads game
>gets passed up by Cal Arts interns
fuck microsoft

Attached: WayForward_Logo_1280x300.jpg (1280x300, 37K)

>immaturity of the protagonists
You know, nu-queen is better juxtaposed to them in this regard. They're wacky cartoon slapstick characters and she's boring. Also Goblin King was good looking, but his sexuality was toned down compared to this.

Attached: DarkQueen.jpg (338x643, 98K)

Christ, you are one stupid westerners. With such an inferior mind, no wonder you actually believe there is any legitimacy to far left thought.

>making an unhot female character is far left thought
How'd that happen?

>We need diversity of shapes and faces to better reflect the reality out there
>I'm gonna draw myself pretty, tho

10/10, OP is great at roleplaying as a clueless shill.

Exactly this. This is the worst of the problems about this game since it directly affects gameplay. When i saw the trailer i was completely confused on what was happening during the gameplay. The toads just blend with everything else, its a complete clusterfuck.

No grown man should ever say "yummy", much less "yumyyyy". Keep your basedmilk love to yourself.

>A character has to be fat/ugly before I can identify with them
Really tells you how these people think lmao

did you even finish reading my post?
I said the low animation was carried by writing and iconic characters. I basically agree.

You can blame /pol/ for spreading their filth on here and not staying on their containment board. I'm super hyped for the game and the new art style.

Attached: 1460423146132.gif (288x229, 156K)

What’s gonna happen when someone crashes to the wall and gets left behind in the driving section?

This is the retard behind fucking up Battletoads? And he's a tranny?

That's what was said. I mean dudes enjoy playing as hot female characters and I don't think they get excited about them because they identify with them.

*That's not what was said.

Observe the much adored and venerated character from the Rayman series, introduced in Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Polokus, in his original incarnation on the left of this image.

He just oozes soul, with a hat clearly tailored for some sort of magician despite the character not having any other magician like aesthetic traits, an atmospheric set of pants and a charming lack of a t-shirt, indicating to us, the mesmerised audience that he, the dreaming, powerful thing in Rayman, is often in scenario's that don't require a T-Shirt, like being in a bed and going to sleep, It's pragmatic, functional and tells us clearly, exactly what sort of being Polokus is supposed to be, and exactly what sort of role he has to play.

Look at his long arms, those are the long arms of an entity that reaches beyond the means of lesser creatures, us, the mortals. We are dealing with a beast that can physically alter reality through its own dreams, and that straight line mouth and eccentric choice for pupils just adds to that "dream" like quality.

Now observe "Polokus" as he is seen in Rayman Origins, a game I think rudely abandons the enduring classic visual identity of the Rayman series.

Firstly, he has a great long, creepy beard that has no place on a clean shaven dreaming entity, as that manner of facial hair would cause at least some minor irritation whilst sleeping, then look at his eyes, those are the typical "Soulless", "Beady", black eyes, it's as if they were actually trying to make him look this way. Look at the top of his head, look at his lips, there's no magician's hat, there's just a tuft of orange hair, we didn't even know if Polokus had hair in Rayman 2, he was just that mysterious and ethereal, and those lips are stretched into the most simian gormless spread I've ever witnessed. Fuck. And then there's the extraneous details, oh what, an umbrella, a pipe, some pillows? A pedestal?

The point is, the original Polokus didn't need those, and he did just fine.

Attached: Polokus.png (1790x896, 1.32M)

>maybe its not so bad if the animation is sped up
>try watching the trailer at 1.25 and 1.5 speed
>its still awful

Attached: 9A1525CE-2F07-4B77-97ED-4A6E8BD9317E.jpg (222x275, 11K)

Look at how similar these posts are. This is what peak NPC looks like

it looks so fucking bad jesus christ i hate western animators

>"what aesthetic should we go for in this update to an old gritty arcade slugfest?"
>"how about clean and overly colorful, cheap-ass flash animation?"
>"PERFECT!"

Then it wasn't a dark age.

That's just reddit spacing.

Badasses who scream and look cartoony? They look fucking friendly in their neutral poses.

Attached: BattletoadsNES_01.png (800x454, 29K)

It might not be censorship but it definitely is a 5min doodle art that even a toddler can draw and I cant stand it

where the fuck were u past few days

won't lie, i think this frame looks okay
still looks like nickelodeon shit but at least they have some sort of good idea of how to handle the pre-boss fight faces for the characters