The Japanese trailer of Hero immediately eclipsed every other trailer in just a day

>the Japanese trailer of Hero immediately eclipsed every other trailer in just a day
>English trailer is only paced out by a few hundreds
>but clearly this is only loved by Japs

Attached: D86uolMXsAEPAyq.jpg (750x575, 66K)

ZZZzzz

>Japan loves Dragon Quest
And in other news water is wet

Water is not wet. Also it's less about that and more of people claiming DQ doesn't "deserve" to be in Smash, in spite of even getting their dumb bear.

>Everyone that shits on Hero is a Banjo fan
People have been complaining about 'anime swordsmen' for ages - it has nothing to do with Banjo or his fans. If you want to blame a series, blame Fire Emblem for over-saturating the archetype in Smash. Dragon Quest has never really had significant mainstream success in the West, and so most casual fans are unaware of it or its significance/popularity, and don't have any real attachment to it - they just see another generic 'anime swordsman' to add to the already-long list of anime swordsman, put in to shill a new game that Nintendo's been marketing very heavily as of late. I don't agree with this at all, myself, but for people unfamiliar with Dragon Quest, you can't really fault them for not knowing of the series, not recognizing the fanservice references, or being unimpressed by what they saw in the trailer.

Banjo is essentially a legacy character that's popular with the Nintendo core audience, and pretty much all of his moveset that we've seen corresponds to a move from his source games - you can't complain about him having 'generic sword slashes' or anything like that. The Japanese Twitter posts on BK emphasize how the way they fight his supposed to look comedic and cartoony, which is plain from the way they seem to play - they're just oozing with character. To the Western audience, this more aligns with the characters that they want to see, and that Banjo-Kazooie was always thought of as a 'never-ever' pick just served to fuel that excitement. It's not a slight on Hero that Banjo was more popular out of Japan.

Just comparing Japanese reaction to Banjo on Twitter, YouTube and other social media, though, the reception to him seems to be a lot more positive than Hero's reception in the West. Obviously it doesn't come close to Hero over there, but it's not like Banjo's meeting with the same apathy the DQ Hero is elsewhere.

Attached: chuckie.png (388x416, 327K)

you say that as though there weren't faggots whining when they saw Hero's trailer early in E3

it's actual a law that dragon quest can only be sold on friday or saturday because any other day results in a week long tanking of the japanese economy because people stop working and just play DQ
yes, Japan fucking loves it, you don't understand to what level

>Water is not wet.

Attached: 1484287634452.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

to bet wet something needs its molecules saturated with h2o molecules
how do you saturate h2o with h2o?

The sky is orange, grass is black and sticky, the Earth is pyramid-shaped, and your mother is a virgin.

Including DQ for japan and Banjo for the west is perfect

>to bet wet something needs its molecules saturated with h2o molecules

Attached: 1476249905881.gif (300x300, 1.9M)

He's not wrong though. Water is just water. In order for something to be wet, it needs to be covered with water or any other liquid substance.

Being both the 50th Anime Swordsman and another SE rep after the shitshow of FF content (no spirits, only two music tracks, didn't even let them have a PNG of Cloud art from Google Image Search for the Fighter spirit) are far bigger reasons to not care about a DQ fighters inclusion than trying to spin a narrative that one of the most popular IPs in Japan doesn't deserve to be on.

People whine on the internet all of the fucking time, and barely ever is it indicative of anything significant. I mean, if you look at the archive from when the direct was going on, an overwhelming majority of threads posted after/during Hero's trailer were BANJOKES BTFO rather than whining about Hero/DQ.

you say as though we're talking about what happens here and not smashfaggotry in general

I agree. I watched some nintendo pk reaction, i know i am pathetic, but rp players were hyped from dragonquest, who like slice of life games (especially girls) were hyped from animal crossing and americans, nostalgia gamers were hyped from banjo.
The only ones that were never hyped were fps shooter fans.

>hurr some randoms on twitter said DQ doesn't deserve to be in when it does!
Who fucking cares? Dragon Quest deserves to be in Smash, and Dragon Quest is in Smash - people can complain all they like, but that's that. The people that say it doesn't deserve if are wrong, but even Nintendo knew that a majority of non-Japanese fans wouldn't find Hero to be particularly interesting reveal. So yes, after Joker - a pick targeted towards Japanese fans specifically, that the next character was reveal to be another character specifically aimed towards Japanese fans (and another 'anime swordsman' at that) was going to be seen as disappointing to a lot of Western fans, who would've liked to see a character geared towards them (at this point, a lot of people assumed only one character would be announced). This is why Hero was paired with Banjo-Kazooie, to throw a bone to both the Japanese and Western fanbases and appease both.

that's the whole point of this thread

You'll be Snoozin' more when The Hero puts ya to sleep and get that ass beat. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but The Hero's Japanese version trailer upload even has the most views of all SSBU character trailers right now.
Which makes the pick even more justified. The Switch is selling like crazy in Japan and SSBU is the Smash game that they've finally found themselves getting into. This was basically an olive branch to get even more people there interested in it.

It is, it eclipses every trailer viewcount