Where the fuck is the BoTW 2 lore thread?

Where the fuck is the BoTW 2 lore thread?

Attached: feat-zelda-botw-2.jpg (800x445, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M0wNyN3Iw6s
youtu.be/xWfDeMiisP4?t=274
youtu.be/7Bd9lkZ1epY?t=337
nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-finds-it-very-interesting-that-someone-would-think-about-co-op-for-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel/
files.catbox.moe/ua0bz0.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=875DDUC8gmU
monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/production02/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>haircut = character development
when has this actually worked? everyone that tries this forgets that the character is exactly the same as before

RIGHT HERE BRO

Honestly I expected some Ganondorf lore in BOTW, was stunned there wasn't even a single mention of him that I know of. Seeing his mummified form in the trailer gave me so much hype. How do you think he'll be incorporated into the story?

reddit

Attached: ay-boys-we-goin-on-patrol-yo-whats-good-link.jpg (1200x1433, 456K)

Attached: Garnethaircut.jpg (296x406, 72K)

Nintendo fans aren't really known for their high intelligence and appreciation of complex stories.

Personally can't wait to play this game, loved the first one, but I just don't see it coming out any time soon. Kind of hard to be hyped.

it's more like
>haircut = easier to animate when playable

Nintendo creates games for under ten year olds. If you enjoy them good for you. If you do not stop bitching you're not the targeted age group

whats with games and prostetic arms nowdays? elden ring dmc 5 sekiro now zelda

>Lore thread
Look, don't do this to yourselves again. It's not worth the disappointment. Just remember E3 2016 speculation compared to the actual game.

fpwp, who the fuck are you talking to with that dumbass strawman. It's almost as if you're a snoy with nothing to talk about who wanted to set up this reply to yourself:

Ganondorf is pretty much confirmed at this point, his mummified body lies somehwere deep down Hyrule's Castle

I guess the first part of the game is a tutorial on how proper dungeons are back on the menu, with the possibility of having a friend playing along with you using Zelda as a character

Attached: ganondrof_trident.jpg (2880x3189, 1.14M)

Now the question is whether the Triforce will actually be relevant this time.

Zelda games used to have pretty good, atmospheric "show, don't tell" stories back in the pre-Wii and Wii-U days. OR at least some of them did, namely the N64 ones.

The N64 games spelled out plenty. But they did have great atmosphere.

I'm honestly not expecting anything mindblowingly elaborate, if anything I'm just happy Ganondorf gets some sort of namecheck and visual/aesthetic update since the last time he really got that was Twilight Princess (can't really count the Triforce Heroes stuff). I would've been just as happy with a new villain though.

I hope we get Ganondorf interacting with the Gerudo. WW was the last time that really delved into his origin and relationship with his people, and that was just him monologuing. His design already seems to feature more Gerudo elements than ever, so it's a good start.

Attached: 1560341752332.jpg (2556x2880, 1.17M)

>was stunned there wasn't even a single mention of him that I know of.
Because the human part was almost completely lost, people only new of Ganon as a natural disaster at that point

Eh, there was some subtext here and there, especially in MM. But yes it was largely carried out through its visuals, tone and general atmosphere, which are all aspects that modern Zelda games completely fail at doing nowadays.

Attached: BS4Bf.jpg (1057x1599, 140K)

>it was a game for big boys when I was 8 REEE
*recoils from the scent of your soiled diaper*

Same, I've always wanted to get more in-game lore about that.. And his design is excellent, I really like how he's just wearing the garb and jewelry, he's got more of an actual "dark sorcerer" vibe now rather than with the armor.

Urbosa mentioned that according to legends Ganon was once a Gerudo.
youtube.com/watch?v=M0wNyN3Iw6s
04:05

Games are not good vessels to tell a story, because the main story of any game is going to be your experience during playtime.
No book or movie contains passages such as the protagonist going to a corner to look at the wall, or many other stupid things you do that is fun during the game.

wait did she fuck kid link

Well she claims that there records (not common knowledge) that calamity ganon had taken the "form of a Gerudo", this doesn't seem to be very well believed even by the chief of the Gerudo

Damn, that's absolutely right, I hadn't even thought of that despite it being thousands of years in the future. That makes complete sense.

holy shit the pattern on his cape in windwaker looks like a hand trying to grab some orb

Champion's Ballad also had this

Attached: urbosa diary.jpg (588x448, 215K)

Urbosa had a beef with Ganondorf and stated she's ashamed that the person who laid waste to Hyrule originally came from her tribe, so it would be cool to see Riju interact with him or Urbosa's spirit herself.

BotW has heaps of visual storytelling and little details not in your face.

So there are actually some light references, that's pretty cool. I think it's also pretty interesting that the outfit he's wearing is kind of similar to the Sheikah mummy guys you find in the shrines in BOTW.

that set of screenshots is about the older sister giving local equivalent of alcohol to the younger sister for the first and the last time in her life because the falling moon is gonna kill everything.
there is a different scene where the older sister, after link helped her deliver said equivalent of alcohol to the bar, gives him a hug(and maybe a "hug") as a reward.

I mean, it's better than what we get now.
It's crazy to think that a game from 2000 still has more complex, interactive and endearing NPCs than a game from 2016.

Modern Nintendo is just too safe and sterilized for its own good. I'm genuinely hoping that this upcoming game lives up to Aonuma's words about it being darker then MM, but then again it's Aonuma working for modernized nu-Nintendo, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

What? No.
Basically Romani realizes that the moon's going to fall and kill everyone tomorrow morning, so she intoxicates her completely clueless little sister so that she can continue to being blissfully unaware right until the very moment of their inevitable death.

Attached: pamelas_father-124x300.png (124x300, 47K)

I'm fucking sure it is going to be. This game would also be a good time to pull an Avenger
>I used the triforce to destroy the triforce
It's a bit of cliché, but I want some closure to this time line. I want them to actually end this cursed cycle. Killing Ganondorf is useless, imprison Ganon is also pointless. Destroy the triforce, the source of all conflict on this world. I would even enjoy if they do a typical jrpg plot where final boss is the three goddesses

oh man, I didn't even realize I wanted this till now. But Nintendo would never. They will milk this cash cow eternally. THEY'RE the true final boss.

Posting cause the last thread died

Does anybody else feel this game is trying too hard to be “dark”? The reversed audio is extremely cliche. It’s no secret that TP and Majora’s Mask are fan favorites of the series, and Nintendo is fully aware of that. If this a direct sequel to botw using the exact same assets and map, then I guess they figured out the best way to sell it was to make it “dark”, knowing most people would eat it up. Im not really sure what to think, did Nintendo make this game because they wanted to make a dark zelda game while making money, or are they trying to make money while making a dark zelda game?

Also, Zelda’s new style is very cute.

>Destroy the triforce, the source of all conflict on this world.
Lorule tried that. It didn't turn out so well.

Attached: destroyed triforce.jpg (487x300, 142K)

ooh sorry english is not my language kinda have a hard time reading it

>Destroy the triforce, the source of all conflict on this world
>triforce, the source of all conflict on this world
????
What the fuck am I reading?

>Destroy the triforce, the source of all conflict on this world.

Looks like someone didn't play a Link between Worlds.
Hint: Things didn't go so well.

What are the odds that Nintedno actually fully chimps out with the spoopy shit?

Attached: a_ov_Pepe_160928.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Aonuma said it would be darker than BotW. I don't think it's trying too hard.

Like 10%.
If Koizumi's somehow miraculously on board again, then the odds skyrocket to like 50%.

I don't get it

>Nintendo makes blatant kiddy shit
>"MATYOOORE GAMES FOR MATYOORE GAMERS LIKE MYSEFL"
>Nintendo makes edgy shit (that actually turns out good like Majoras Mask
>BASED NINTENDO

Just admit it that you faggots like edgy shit and wish Nintedno would pander more to you. There's literallly nothing wrong with grimdark shit, see Bloodborne, see Majoras Mask

I think destroying the Triforce would have horrible cosmic consequences.

the key is variety

>It's crazy to think that a game from 2000 still has more complex, interactive and endearing NPCs than a game from 2016.
Nintendo doesn't put things in games for shits and giggles. Majora's Mask was almost entirely based around NPCs and sidequests to the point the main quest was almost an afterthought as a result. They did it because they had little time for development and because they wanted the player to feel attached to the characters due to the theme of impending doom. Breath of the Wild also has an underwhelming main quest (set up in exactly the same way as MM, with four main areas, short quests through them and a dungeon), but the bulk of the development focus went on the world this time, with its size, variety, systems and content. This includes several towns and their NPCs, but they were only a small part of the whole this time. It's unfair to say that BotW played it safe or that it was sterilized, it was an extremely bold direction for the series and it has completely different strenghts from MM (which has a comparatively very shitty, limited and unremarkable overworld).

Haven't they told a lot of times that humans and sorcerers wage war to claim the triforce and the sacred ream?

>or are they trying to make money while making a dark zelda game?
That was TP.
Although I loved the game it has it's flaws in trying to be dark and it's clear they forced it.
>TP Link shows very little facial reaction that kinda ruins the tension of scenes
>Zant the creepy eerie villain gets sidestepped by Ganondorf who although cool isn't eerie and Zant becomes a looney tunes character
>All Hylian/Human character designs aside from a few look goofy as hell
>Most of the enemies and dungeons lack that dark fear factor

>It's unfair to say that BotW played it safe or that it was sterilized, it was an extremely bold direction for the series and it has completely different strenghts from MM

I'm not saying the gameplay itself was safe and sterilized, I'm saying the plot, NPCs, atmosphere, character development and overall tone was safe and sterilized (and also completely rushed, unfished and just outright unfulfilling in many aspects as well.)

Yes, though that's really only the backstory to A Link to the Past since people came to know from Ganondorf's actions in Ocarina of Time that the Triforce was hidden in the Sacred Realm and they witnessed his rise to power after he claimed a single piece. In most other games, the regular people have no idea where the Triforce is hidden (e.g. Skyward Sword, where it's under everyone's noses) or don't even know what it is anymore (e.g. Triumph Forks in Wind Waker).

Do you think there's a timeskip, maybe a few years, from the ending of BotW?

I hope so. A few years would give time for the Hyrule populace to repopulate Hyrule a bit. So hopefully there's more towns in the countrynow. And there will be less shitposters whining that it's empty.

I hope these boys make it in

Attached: concept.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

What I'd really like to see if it's still set in the same Hyrule is Hyrule Castle Town starting to be rebuilt. Maybe even make it a huge sidequest like Tarrey Town on steroids.

ironic that you say this.

must be nice living there, benethe a big fucking crater next to it and Hyrule castle floating ominously floating above it

Worked for Toad Town in Paper Mario.

Not really. It feels very natural to me. It's basically the opposite of Breath of the Wild and feels like a natural companion and counter-piece to that game. I always thought if they were going to do a sequel to BotW it would be like this.

I'm scared bros I still haven't played majors mask because it's too scary

How can you unironically say that? BotW was peak "show don't tell". Some mysteries still don't have definitive answers. OoT was rife with expository cutscenes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the game, but there isn't anything left to talk about.

>camouflaged Yiga sell you bananas
>reach Yiga Hideout
>banana horde in a secret room
I loved all those little things.

I've heard Yuga clan attacks you more often the more bananas you're carrying

I'd like to add to that a bit by saying how it seems to answer some questions BotW ignored like big gaping sheikah holes under the castle, massive pillars that were storage facilities for Guardians, digging too deep under the castle and finding Ganon (I assume Zelda is on a quest to find the source because she felt malice isn't completely eradicated), Gabon's connection with Gerudo and what exactly happened 10 000 years ago.
Considering story presentation in BotW, I'm most likely reaching when I talk about all they can do in the sequel but it is. Ice to hope about it because potential is there.

Are you too young to remember the aftermath of Wind Waker? That's precisely why we got Twilight Princess.

That was a theory early on, but I don't think it's true. To test it I got rid of all my bananas and those fuckers still showed up all of the time, especially along roads. Not concrete proof, but if bananas do play a part, it's very small.

So I've seen this show up in a few threads and what do you anons think about it?

What if almost everything we know about the clash that happened some 10,000 years ago is wrong?

Attached: 1560308987528.png (1355x989, 1.7M)

>THE HERO IS GANONDORF
Stop.

Ah fuck, so that's why "Link" in the mural looked so much like Zelda 1 Ganon. Interesting.

Well, people mainly complained about wanting: more enemy variety, better integration of story, weapon durability needing an overhaul and better dungeons
They already delivered a better dungeon and added a bit more depths to character with story segments in second DLC so I'm hoping they follow through with the sequel.
BotW also looked like quite a dark story (and it is when you look at the story and some lore elements that the artbook talks about) but it doesn't seem that way because of how story is presented. If they do it right it can really be masterpiece of a game.

On another note, I wish BotW had some more "optional" dungeons, diving underwater and caves like they show in the new trailer. Labyrinth areas were great in BotW and I wish Akkala Citadel was explorable inside too. I hope they add stuff like that, it would really be awesome. Caves seem very likely from the trailer but it might be just that one area.

well one thing's for sure, that "link" doesn't look like link at all. It's weird how he's got the darker skin and red hair, even though Zelda in the same picture has lighter skin and yellow hair. Could be nothing at all but I always found that picture weird. A surprise twist backstory of Ganondorf being a misunderstood hero would be a hell of a change-up.

I think it's extremely plausible. Obviously he ends up the bad guy in the end, but corruption is a huge theme in BotW, and the mural clearly is not a representation of a Link.

Holy shit shut the fuck up. This is Gaym Theory tier nonsense.

Yes I know it won't happen but talking about crazy bullshit like this is what makes theorizing fun before the release of a new game.

Why are you so mad? Nothing I said is wrong and I didn't even say that much. Take a fucking Xanax dude.

Attached: 1547172948371.gif (240x266, 1.83M)

The green swirls coming out of the hand are apparently in Gerudo and it says "seal ganon," So this potentially confirms that the hand is a good hand and it's not helping Ganondorf but sealing him.

youtu.be/xWfDeMiisP4?t=274

Attached: seal ganon.png (1005x531, 668K)

>ancient evil emerges
>In the form of malicious goo it attacks Hyrule
>it is looking for its fleshy vessel promised be the prophecy
>a hero rises to fight it
>he faces it in battle and seemingly defeats it
>Malice actually infects the hero for he was the fleshy vessel it sought for
>malice couldn't find Ganondorf earlier because he was protected by the holy light of the Master Sword
>Ganondorf chooses to be sealed deep under Hyrule, where nobody should find him again

100% agree with this. If for no other reason than it merges with Link and likely provides him powers. Didn't know about the Gerudo script, though. Cool.

>Era of Myth - Before 10,000 years ago and before high tech from the Creating a Champion book:
The kingdom of Hyrule flourishes under the Hyrulean royal family.

Ganondorf, king of the Gerudo, transforms into Dark Beast Garron and threatens Hyrule. The princess of Hyrule and the chosen hero combine their power to sea l Ganon.

In a seemingly endless cycle of darkness and light, Ganon continues to be revived and then sealed away.

Attached: 1531166139536.png (502x101, 93K)

That would be really neat, all we heard were the Gerudo talking about Ganondorf but I want to see them in the same scene for once.

okay it copied the text from the pdf and made an image out of it, huh, I only mean to paste the text.

Anyone got any ideas on what's up with the Triforce?
Zelda is obviously one of the holders, and I am pretty sure they said BotW link is not a holder. Do you think that Link will perhaps obtain the power of the Triforce in the sequel? That seems like a logical next step to me.
Other than the iconography and ending cutscene there is no mention of it in the game of I remember correctly.

you need the five plot devices to defeat ganon again

there is your story like every zelda game

Cutting hair = character development/change is a big thing in Asian storytelling.
Or one of the developers just wanted Zelda to look different for the sequel.

I wonder if he will be more of a sorcerer in this game, because I assume this shadow of him is showing his regular body rather than his corpse since he's more full and looks like he has a complete nose, but his nails are still long. I associate long nails like that with sorcerers.

Attached: ganondorf shadow.png (781x632, 660K)

>Need X amount of plot devices to defeat X

Wow that's literally the basic rundown of almost every action-adventure/fantasy/RPG game in existence; good figuring that out user.

People are saying that's Demise's silhouette but looking closer that does look like just his regular body but just the shadow thrown up makes it look projected larger. Getting a new human form would be really kickass, we're absolutely overdue one.

It's fun to talk about but if it's anything like BotW's story, it'll have a compelling premise with a disappointing/lame execution. At least the story will all probably take place during the game this time.

>Or one of the developers just wanted Zelda to look different for the sequel.
Correct.

Majora's Mask is not nearly as edgy and dark as people make it out to be.

Yeah, it's hard to say because of the exact reaons you mentioned and how little the new trailer tells us about the plot.

I wish there were yiga settlements and more yiga clan types of enemies. The game desperately needed more enemy variety. I hope they return in the sequel, this time serving Ganondorf who is an actual person.

This. It's pretty out there but Twilight Princess was weirder to me. Depending on how you look at it, MM is second, though. BotW was also pretty dark in theme, if not environment/execution.

>The princess of Hyrule and the chosen hero combine their power to seal Ganon.

So I guess this means the hand hovering over Ganon's body is the same one that belonged to the hero (another Link) that appeared some 10,000 years ago, explaining why it merges with Link's right arm in the trailer?
So our companion's going to be another Link that actually talks to us, voice acting and all?
Sounds interesting if that's ends up being the case.

Attached: 1560277341595.jpg (1920x1080, 71K)

Maybe a previous Link surrendered his triforce and put it into the glowy hand that seals Ganondorf, and BotW link receives the ToC back when the hand merges with him.

people are really liberal with the "edgy" descriptor these days.

shadow the hedgehog: edgy

a zelda game except more surreal, atmospheric and including overall plot themes of death and grief: not edgy

Dark =/= edgy. To me "edgy" is more about the "FUCK yeah look at ME *throws up metal horns*" rather than just the darkness of something.

Or it belonged to the princess.
GHOST HANDJOB

That would be awesome actually. A more otherworldly, abstract take on the Hero's Shade from TP.

If this game is supposedly much darker according to Aonuma, Link being that dragon would make sense.

This guy gets it.

>Did I tell you about that time a fish person wanted to fuck me?
>Whoa, you too?

We dont really know if links has a prosthetic arm. Looks like his regular arm but magical now

Doubt it, the hand's covered in green shit; green is Link's color and the color of his Triforce piece, after all.

>Zelda now has a cape covering her ass
D R O P P E D

Truth

THIS. I don't understand why people keep saying he loses his arm. It seems like more of a fusion with whatever the hand is than a prosthetic. It's definitely going to be some kind of mechanic, I just don't think it 100% means he's an amputee.

Eerie and mysterious is a better way to describe it. But as far as Zelda games go, it was still the darkest of them. The many NPC interactions where they acknowledge their impending doom is depressing.

link, in all timelines: youtu.be/7Bd9lkZ1epY?t=337

>But as far as Zelda games go, it was still the darkest of them. The many NPC interactions where they acknowledge their impending doom is depressing.
True but it's not like it was Silent Hill or Yume Nikki or whatever. It was a different tone from regular Zelda but a lot of people turn that into "IT WAS SO DARK AND SO SCARY OMG oh and link is dead"

FUCK it didn't recognize the timestamp, 5:37

As a 10 year old it creeped me the fuck out. I agree it might be a little overblown, but it is dark and weird as hell. That said, having replayed both fairly recently, TP is definitely more creepy and abstract.

It's okay user, the cape doesn't reach very low.

Attached: zeldass cape.jpg (1192x874, 438K)

I played Majora's Mask when I was 10 and the only thing that scared me were the ReDeads, same as with OoT.

The trend I'm seeing is they're using the concept art ideas but changing it up. We saw a modern day Link with a regular motorcycle in the concept art, we ended up with a sheikah tech motorcycle int he DLC. We saw Ganondorf standing on top of a floating mountain in the concept art, we see Ganondorf in the trailer and Hyrule Castle starts to float up. We saw Link with weapons and tools in place of his amputated arm int he concept art, but in this trailer it seems he'll just get a magical arm instead with no amputation required.

Attached: ganondorf botw.jpg (1000x499, 146K)

That sword in the mural is not the master sword.
Looks nothing like it.

I wish we got these

I like how Ganondorf has basically been the God Emperor of Mankind for the past few millennia.

lol

Attached: 1550940343540.jpg (1600x1067, 567K)

I didn't say scared, I said creepy. There's a difference. Like someone else said, the threat of almost certain annihilation for everyone that isn't Link is very dark. It was not only the overarching theme, but one that was present in nearly every other aspect of the game.

Hnngghh I really hope Zelda isn't playable. I'd never be able to finish the game because I'll spend all my time scoping ass shots

FORESHADOWING

Attached: oot window ganon.jpg (755x795, 77K)

Based.

watch porn

We can't have one because on fucking faggot keeps showing up complaining about anything that goes against his religion.
He's like the guy who keeps shitting up Fire Emblem Echoes threads.

>Ganondorf is at the exact opposite angle between the two games
Kino.

LIKE POTTERY

Attached: 1531724548270.jpg (1445x850, 130K)

Or a throwback, and barely at that. Zelda might have been intentional but Ganondorf is a real stretch.

Except the scene in the right where Zelda turns around was to look at Link and there was a long dialogue sequence before you saw Ganondorf glancing back at you.

Attached: let go.png (546x432, 283K)

>link's hat clips through everything for 20 years
>zelda has perfect hair in all cutscenes
>she suddenly decided to cut her hair when she goes on an adventure with link
she's clearly the main character. link will be a powerup like the master sword. he'll definitely be usable but he will "run out" like the master sword. or it will be some sort of twilight princess shit where you get "wolf mode" where you get to be link and then "muh puzzle" mode where you play as zelda.

this game may still be two years away, they could still be toying with all of our ideas as we speak. i doubt they have even figured out the mechanics. i don't think anyone is right or wrong at this point. none of the ideas i've heard are very original so the team working on this game has probably tried everything out already

>links magical arm can no longer hold the mastersword.
>casually switches to his left hand.
Would be fucking kino.

>link told zelda to cut her hair because it was getting so long that it covered her ass
based

>when has this actually worked? everyone that tries this forgets that the character is exactly the same as before
Cutting your hair is a visual cue to show change in a character. It doesn't have to be a haircut either, it can be changing clothes or something similar, something which isn't very much "the character".

I'm getting way too evil vibes from that hand.

We know the Yiga had something to do with Calamity awakening, so it might be some evil Sorcerer wanting to unleash full evil on Hyrule as vengeance, backstabbing Ganondorf.
Assuming this is 100 years old, that is, and not 10 000. If it is indeed OoT/TP Ganondorf, then it could even be Zant's hand.

Doesn't really matter, the BotW2 trailer is also likely spliced.

i hope we can play as zelda alongside link

Now these are some impressive mental gymnastics. You should try out for the Olympics.

Attached: 1538820313973.jpg (504x415, 20K)

They already did.

With how out spoken the community is about it.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is too.

Yea Forums is fucking retarded and can't into zelda lore.

It looked like the castle was in a better shape if you compare the trailer to current in game castle from a distance.

It's not too late.

I knew he would be in this thread too.

>not just having a link n zelda party.
Your ideas are shit.

Seeing the colors my first thought was that it was Twilight related. The last human version of Ganondorf was either the one in Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, and since botw has no confirmed spot in the timeline, it would make most sense if it came in the TP timeline.

This post reeks of sony tranny

Imagine climbing as Zelda?

Her hair isn't short, it's just tied up.

Climbing would go from the most tedious mechanic to the most entertaining. Genius.

Easy way to give character a bunch of abilities

Why are Japs so based? Serious question.

...that is very clearly not the case.

Aw shit, that's a good point, user

Not him but its seems pretty paranoid to think everybody who disagrees is out to get you.

Because making vague references to 20+ year old games gets you idiots all worked up, I think?

What will the gimmick be?

Attached: 1560277934043.jpg (357x580, 135K)

The community is fucking dumb, though. Zelda shouldn't be playable in any of these games, she's not the silent protagonist and not the person who would have to interact with everyone wordlessly.
Wand of Gamelon is that way, if you want it so bad.

I was just going to ignore it, but yeah he quoted two different people and I think only once have I ever posted on the subject of Ganondorf having been a hero. But of course pic related.

Attached: 1535628113921.png (644x644, 936K)

Because they make games instead of hamfisted messages and when they do have hamfisted messages it usually comes with cool over the top shit

You start to get paranoid when the same writing pattern and the same complete refutation of people having fun theorizing shows up in almost every thread.
I don't mind disagreement, but when you start seeing people just replying "fuck off" and "fucking retard" as the sole disagreement, it's not exactly a healthy discussion.
But that might just be me and I've been on this site long enough to start seeing how utterly down the dump the site has become ever since it became mainstream.

>Wand of Gamelon is that way, if you want it so bad.
The older games still exist if you want the old games too.

Take your pick:
- Link's magical arm
- Link/Zelda co-op play
- Some form of flight

I just want to travel the land with my wife Zelda ahhhhhhh.
>she has over 5000 lines of unique non-story related dialogue
fucking deliver a waifu adventure

Attached: 171c2c3eddad6cb0fd9c2e9bf20ee003.jpg (672x671, 64K)

*laughs in Fonic Hymns

Attached: e043c372faeaabe6b891e5ad815abe5e8f7d7d45_hq.jpg (751x538, 68K)

In the /thrash/ just like the game itself.

The old games didn't have voice acting, which is reason #1 Zelda will never be playable in any of these games: She talks.

Link's magical arm. They have infinite possibilities with that like having a grappling hook that can connect to any surface, making traversal more fun

arm

Attached: botw2.jpg (1158x1158, 158K)

Wait a minute, if we get some kind of crazy twist in which Ganondorf really does turn out to be the hero wielding the Master Sword from the tapestry...

...Then that means the dragon-like beast he's fighting against in the tapestry isn't Calamity Ganon, but Link himself? And it looks like Zelda is seemingly empowering (directing? controlling?) "Link" with the Triforce to fight for her (since they're both facing the same direction and one that's opposite of the supposed "Ganondorf.") But if that's the case, then why would "Ganondorf" be shown wielding the supposed Master Sword? It doesn't make any sense.

...Unless if this previous Link/hero was the source of Malice all along, which this previous Zelda accidentally willed into him with the power of the Triforce for whatever weird reason? But that sounds too crazy to be real, let alone consider.

Attached: 0_xtBkRwr3KO0YGU0D.jpg (1200x675, 259K)

Apparently Aonuma seems interested in the idea of making her playable or at least having her as a coop companion.
nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-finds-it-very-interesting-that-someone-would-think-about-co-op-for-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel/
So I wouldn't jump the shark and say she will be, but it seems like it isn't outside the possibility of becoming reality.

Cope

Magical arm. If it was a cursed arm, that would be kino.

Attached: Ashitaka_infestation.jpg (475x443, 43K)

So? She talked in Spirit Tracks while you were playing as her.

All take the top 2

So didn't Link kill Ganondorf properly in TP and WW? Also, why would all this power literally seep out of Ganondorf if Zelda stated he refused resurection in order to attain ultimate power? Seems to me like he's not in control AT ALL since he's being fucking shackled by the royal family. Wouldn't Zelda know about it, either, like why the fuck wouldn't she if the realm depends on that knowledge? I'm seeing some BotW retconning up in here. Popular theory is trying hat this isn't Ganondorf from OOT but a new Gerudo heir, an innocent one, that got kidnapped by Hyrule at birth in anticipation of what he would do, but then why would malice flow out of him? And what would that shadow of an adult Ganondorf and that hand be if it was an abducted baby Dorf? don't get it man, guess we'll need to wait for more info

Attached: BD0A657A-0BB0-4E5B-ACF1-01C37A9BC05F.jpg (2688x1242, 197K)

would have too much soul also too much work
LoZ has always been low effort garbo

>zelda
>lore

No.

Isn't the Calamity the enraged spirit of reincarnation, aka Demise? That could be entirely separate of the human Ganondorf. If the line of reincarnation is broken, would Ganondorf be evil?

I think this is a stretch, but at least it could be Ganondorf fighting a previous Ganon.
Could also mean after he defeated Ganon by sealing the monster inside his body, he was then backstabbed by the royal family or something silmilar which allowed the Sheikah to use him as a power source to siphon from for their experiments or some shit like that.

Right. I sure remember all the lines those VAs had to do for npcs.
The game is still mostly text dumbass

>So didn't Link kill Ganondorf properly in TP and WW?
Yes, Ganondorf lost the Triforce of Power and died a final death in both games. After TP, his spirit reincarnated in the new Ganon from Four Swords Adventures. His death in WW is even more final because he got sealed by the Master Sword and his spirit is seemingly trapped forever.

Zelda still speaks in a game that features a silent protagonist, numbskull.

>ganondorf is a dindunuffin
I pray this ain't the case.

Not saying it's right or that it'll happen but you DO realize that Nintendo can and has retconned shit at the flick of a dime as long as it gives more room to explore new ideas, right?

I never said he dindunuffin. He could have been a morally gray person who tried to claim the land bit by bit as the "hero of hyrule".

in the new trailer the glowing hand is placed at the same spot where Ganondorf got stabed by the sage and killed by Link in TP

It's way more likely the line of reincarnation was not broken and that ganondorf is the reincarnation and everyone just thought he gave up from reincarnating. While he in secret was under hyrule.

If this Ganondorf turns out to be a new incarnation instead of a previously returning Ganondorf, then this could end up being the case.

>nintendo will retcon to match my fanfiction
nice theory

I swear to god, as soon as they established a "timeline" they fucked up the game to ever be different.

The Mother series will always be more high art and mature than any of your shitty wannabe movies made by trannies.

He's not even wrong, Nintendo retcons the shit out of the Zelda series and has no qualms about doing so, that's kind of inarguable at this point after all the hyrule historia shit

So what? Links character is now that hes quiet.
Also he does speak. You have the option for responses plenty of times in botw.

>he gave up from reincarnating.
This line in BotW was a mistranslation of the English script.

Do you have the japanese script?

>as soon as they established a "timeline"
So when they made Zelda 2 for the NES?

It obviously isn't. Ganon was trying to create a new body in BotW because the original is sealed.

I take it as meaning Calamity Ganon (the force of nature style "phantom Ganon") gave up on creating a proper physical form for itself.

>So I guess this means the hand hovering over Ganon's body is the same one that belonged to the hero (another Link) that appeared some 10,000 years ago, explaining why it merges with Link's right arm in the trailer?
That's interesting. It's the Hero of Time then. He's the first one to fight Ganondorf. And would be the one who can handle time travel best.

Attached: Link OoT.jpg (2177x2681, 346K)

Not saying they will, just saying that anything is possible.

It could be something like Ganondorf fighting off his own curse, or an entirely different character altogether that wasn't a previous Link.

Either way Nintendo is retconned this before and I can clearly see them retconning something like this with bullshit like "oh ahaha looks like everything shown and talked about from the tapestry was wrong because we didn't want to spoil inevitable sequel's big plot twist for you!" or some PR bullshit like that.

GoT

They set up this world.
Just get some good actual writers with the guidance of a lore master. You can still get very different stories.

The Hero of Time eventually passed on to become the Hero's Shade though, so I doubt it's him.

IT SHOULDN'T BE THERE

They didn't establish a timeline until like 2011. I wouldn't say that just because Zelda 2 is a direct sequel to Zelda 1 points to that Ocarina of Time would be the same Hyrule as in 1 and 2.
Until they started with the timeline shenanigans I just saw each game as its own separate universe kind of thing. Same kind of lore, but a different Hyrule.

>with the guidance of a lore master.
I wonder if Nintendo has a group which keeps track on the lore.

dude, they even changed the timeline even after making it concerte a few months ago for no reason. Even after they said BotW the end and the new timeline.

What did they change?

Do I need to play any Zelda game before playing BotW? I only played Ocarina and Minish cap years ago

Did they ever say that it was the end? I thought they just said thru weren't saying where it was and that it doesn't matter so its so far removed from every game (it is at the end though)

They have a Mario lore master so probably.

No. The game references events which can or can no relate to older games and almost every name on the map is a reference to a character, area or something in such fashion from previous games.

Then you weren't paying attention. I'm sorry but WW and TP are littered with details and references telling you which timeline diverging from OoT they're set in. Not no mention, both have Ganondorf in them. There are some games that are practically non-canon like OoX and Four Swords, but the 3D series has always had its timeline crystal clear until BotW.

Wait, Mario has a coherent lore?

Zelda stories are super self contained.
So no you don't. But the experience is greatly amplified when you play others

Aren't these just fan theories from observing a lot of references between the games which Nintendo just adopted later on though which resulted in Skyward Sword to create a beginning?

>Even after they said BotW the end and the new timeline.
After this trailer right now I'm leaning towards the end of the child timeline.
>Do I need to play any Zelda game before playing BotW?
Skyward Sword > Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask > Twilight Princess > BoTW
>The Hero of Time eventually passed on to become the Hero's Shade though
Yes, but he probably got promoted to sage at a later time.

Attached: zelda timeline.jpg (1350x5400, 3.55M)

I believe it was the Oracle games and Link's Awakening.

Considering that they said BotW is so far in the future and all three timelines are referenced by Zelda
Also the Beginning and collapse of a New Era happened, maybe it is by speculation. But that's what they hint to. The time line autism was more trouble than it was worth when they made it "canon" instead a loose retelling or iteration of it.

The game never explicitly tells you "THIS IS THE ADULT TIMELINE AFTER LINK GOT SENT TO THE PAST" but the references are there and it's not hard to infer what's happening.
These are inside the sunken castle in Wind Waker, under what other circumstances could the sages be the same ones as in the adult portion of Ocarina of Time?

Attached: 800.png (500x313, 229K)

The three timeline and Downfall bullshit ruined the appeal for me. Also Oracles being between AlttP and LA is fucking retarded.

I still think they have an intended timeline this game is set in.
I'm leaning on adult. But for the most part you are correct. Its doesnt matter too much

What if it's essentially what Apocalypse was to SMT IV?
Link dies and has to work for a god that resurrects him. But the twist is that the Zelda version of Dagda is a hot girl.

Link's arm becomes the Demon Hand.
Breath of the Wild 2 is actually a stealth sequel to God Hand

Came here to post this. God he was a great protagonist.

Attached: jena1358053656(2).png (800x530, 522K)

BOTW > WW > OOT >>>>> TP = SS = MM

>These are inside the sunken castle in Wind Waker, under what other circumstances could the sages be the same ones as in the adult portion of Ocarina of Time?
Reference to an older game for fun? But I guess you are right, but they did not have the origin story set in stone considering it took them several games until we got there. It's also a bit inconsistent since they have murals with Ritos in TP if I remember correctly, which should have been in the WW timeline.

Nah, Nintendo's going to take a new position soon where most Zeldas are retelling of the same stories. ALTTP/Zelda 2, TP and WW are the same story but missremembered. OOT and SS are the origins, these are the "ending"

>I'm leaning on adult.
It's not. In the trailer Ganondorf is being sealed with a hand exactly on his chest where he got impaled by TP Link's Master Sword. It's the end of the child timeline.

Attached: TP Ganondorf.png (1238x595, 822K)

Shadow literally says he's fine with stealing candy from babies. He's edge incarnate

But Ruto was a sage in this timeline. That didn't happen in child timeline.

TP Ganondorf was kino as fuck. Stood strong even after he died.

>Tfw your dead girlfriend becomes a sage

Attached: wut.png (564x205, 33K)

I have no real inclination to believe you.
So I wont.

Twilight Princess was a mistake. As a game too, but especially with regards to the timeline.
OoT was the prequel to ALttP (and the games that followed ALttP chronologically).
Wind Waker's timeline split was reasonable: Adult Link did go back after defeating Ganon, and so on; then WW got its own sequels in the two DS games. Two timelines, most games could be fit into either of them easily.
The Four Swords trilogy was a bit of an odd one out, but it didn't really matter, you could stick it basically anywhere.
Twilight Princess usurped ALttP's place in the timeline though. Suddenly nothing made sense anymore, and they had to come up with this retarded Downfall timeline.

Attached: 61892016_p0.png (1451x900, 2.59M)

I think it's a pretty big assumption to assume is the same ganondorf.

I can not entirely blame people for being confused about the timeline because a lot of it is too flimsy and Nintendo retcons stuff all the time, but SS, OoT, MM, WW and TP are absolutely set in stone, at least for the time being.

It was fine. You just need to stick the entire Downfall timeline after FSA. Ganonforf 1 dies in TP, Trident Ganondorf goes on to be the villain of all the old games.
No idea why they didn't do that.

>TP and WW are the same story but missremembered
Hylians must have fucking terrible historians then.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOT MY MUSCLE LOLI
WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS????????????

I read somewhere a theory that the Link from Ocarina of Time brought with him tales of what happened in the adult timeline to the child timeline and that's how there are tales about Ruto and other stuff that could have only happened in the AT. I know, it's just a fan theory, but there you have it.

I think BotW2 might make it even more confusing.

On a separate matter how come after all the tens of thousands of years this on going struggle has been going on, building societies, making rules and laws, forming alliances and shit and they still run around with sword, shield, spears and lives in medieval houses?
You'd assume they'd make some kind of technological breakthrough in anything by now without the old Sheikah tech.

Yes you guys because it makes so much sense to have three timelines "merge" and bring extinct races back to life

inb4 cutscene of Link cutting Zelda's hair.

Would be cute.

Legends often are inaccurate.

>bike concept art made as DLC master cycle zero
>Link's arm being the gimmick incorporated into BotW2
>floating hyrule castle incorporated into Botw2

What other dismissed concepts are they going to use in the sequel?

Good thing Nintendo doesn't give a shit about the timeline then.

Aliens and stoner Link

10 000 years passed bro.
Anything could happen in that time.

>Link from Ocarina of Time brought with him tales of what happened in the adult timeline to the child timeline and that's how there are tales about Ruto and other stuff that could have only happened in the AT.
Thank OoT Link for making the timelines confusing. Once Link traveled back in time he went straight to Zelda and explained everything that happened in the AT.

Attached: 1559971548389.jpg (130x234, 6K)

They do to an extent

Link, Ganondorf and the Lake Hylia scientist examining an alien on the operating table.

Ment for

these handsome boys

Minish Village

Attached: AAMINISH_5F00_610[1].jpg (610x343, 70K)

Oh man, imagine exploring an underground cave and finding a mine of the minish

I want Sheik to be back

Attached: 8a198d0fd4465b51e71db4fbad6a3569.png (786x1017, 1017K)

Alright losers, I have a connection at Giant Bomb and I was told some tidbits on the lore.

Zelda told Link that it was her time of the month so Link decided to lock her in the basement so he didn't have to be around her bitching, until they find the corpse of Ganondorf and Zelda wanted to use his hair as a tampon and Link was like no, sticking any part of Ganondorf up your vagina is technically cheating so he gets super pissed and Zelda unleashes her powerful period and it kills a rat. Ganondorf wakes up and sees Zelda and then he gets a boner so big it lifts up the castle and Link now has to chop it off

To be fair most of the games take place at least thousands of years after each other.

The Blood Moon was obviously Zelda's menstrual cycle considering she has been holding Ganon off for centuries. Zelda was creating monsters and Ganon was trying to get rid of all the thots since he was surrounded by bitches growing up.

DEEPEST

>Twilight Princess was a mistake
Considering Wind Waker was the reason that it exists, what does that make Wind Waker then?

None of those match.

>ganon was the original champion!

t. 80 IQ

An colorful atrocity. That's what fans said when the game was first revealed long ago

STAY MAD

Attached: OURHERO.jpg (668x768, 116K)

My hair looks like this currently. What type of haircut should I get for character development?

Attached: hair.jpg (640x360, 35K)

Don't, keep the bitchin' 70's mop. Or pull a literal Xavier and go completely bald.

>orange hair
>but the skin is also the same color as the hair
>the hand his brightly colored
>blue eyes
>weilding the master sword
Big fucking yikes, theoryfaggot. Did you also think that Zelda's Dad was Ganondorf before release?

>It's called Death Mountain because dozens of Gerudo Child-Kings were sacrificed there for fear of being another Ganon

Eyes are green.

Sometimes, I feel like random lore threads makes better lore than Nintendo. Although, explicitly killing off kids might be a bit on the dark side even for nintendo.

>zelda's skin in full pic is white
>hair is blonde
>deliberately chose not to make link look like this

? ? ?

>zelda's skin in full pic is white
it's red though

This. In all seriousness, I don't think Nintendo is wild enough to try changing things up and attempting cool stuff like this for the lore. But man, it would be awesome if they would. And people are getting so unreasonably mad about it like they'd prefer another by the numbers "link beats bad man ganondorf and saves day" episode, it's crazy.

I hate when people try to push Leepest door and what is relatively a simple charming fantasy

How do gerudo recreate anyway?
Are they compatible with Hylians, Zoras etc?

Just looked and it does seem reddish, but still it's a weird choice to give Link extremely long red hair instead of blonde as well.

>what if the beg guy was a gud guy!
It's like a 12 year olds first theory. Its fucking garbage.

They fuck hylians.
Garudo Genes are exceptionally dominant.

oh yeah, Gerudo women would leave the valley to go find a hylian boyfriend in town to fuck and have kids with, this is OoT canon

I don't see you coming up with anything more creative or contributing to this thread in any way other than throwing a tantrum.

Black red and blue and white are the most common cave mural colors.

The women go out looking for mates. Presumably the kid has something like a 49.9% chance of being a male or female of the father race, the same chance of being a female Gerudo, and a small chance of being the Gerudo king. The real question is whether the king forms harems of Gerudo women, and what happens if he births a son. Also whether the king always has to depose the current queen if she's doing a decent job.

So wouldn't male children be Hylians then?
Is that why only one male gerudo exists every hundred years? They're the genetic miracle of being male and non-hylian

Wtf are you talking about I just got into this thread?

That may be true but doesn't really address why HE specifically looks different while Zelda remains pretty recognizable. It's just an odd choice. The simple answer literally could just be they wanted to, but regardless

Didn't the whole Ganondorf was a good guy stuff came from Wind Waker?

The hero from the tapestry shares the same base colors as Ganon's sprite from Zelda 1 (red and teal.)

Meanwhile the so-called Calamity Ganon from the same tapestry uses dark green shade as its predominate color.
I don't know about you but it all seems fishy as fuck to me.

Attached: 1892493-link_ganon_legend_of_zelda.png (418x282, 65K)

bayonetta 2

Calling it now, Ganondorf is a thing in BotW2 but it's a red herring.
The final boss is something else

>he believed WW ganondorfs bullshit.
Theres a reason that world got flooded user.

This is a lore thread, if you're gonna shit on lore speculation provide a counterargument. I mean you don't have to, but then you look like an idiot who came into a thread just to get upset and yell "STOP HAVING FUN!"

link's hair is light brown/dirty blonde, not like zelda's golden blonde.
botw link's hair is semi-long too but he keeps it in a ponytail.

Attached: Link.png (579x1017, 718K)

do you not realize link's default outfit is blue now?

The op says zelda lore thread.
That's it.

Poor rat

Attached: 55788.png (696x498, 166K)

Is the timeline
>Previous games >BotW backstory >10,000 year gap >BoTW
Or
>Skyward sword >BoTW backstory >10,000 year gap containing all or some of the previous games >BotW

And what of Zelda?

Did you notice that the Link you play as has BLUE cloths?

Not him but
>policing a thread.

Agreed.
They wouldn't show Ganondorf this fucking early without any context if unless if they have some kind of red-herring villain twist in store for us.

What if it's

New Timeline
Events from 10000 years ago > BotW > BotW2

I know, there was not a Link to save the day so the world was flooded forcing Ganondorf to recompose the Triforce in order for land he wants to conquer to return.

I prefer to think of BOTW as its own universe since it isn't consistent in any lore sense

The former.

Botw is 10 000 years apart from the latest zelda games.

Not my intent, he's allowed to think a theory is shitty, just like I'm allowed to disregard his opinion for failing to provide any real talking points beyond that

Ganon was already a known legend 10k years prior, so it has to be the first.

>not my intent
But it completely was.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

No one is pushing anything. Just merely pointing out what one could make out of things.
I'm just stealing all the ideas for future game projects anyway.

Reposting this
files.catbox.moe/ua0bz0.mp4

>When he turns around with that snaggletooth
Most kino Zelda has ever been

He is also blonde, so I don't know what you're on about.

I was kinda hoping for a new art style at least, I'm super over this bland attempt at celshading

I don't think it's reaching at all to say this game's plot will be about uncovering the secrets of just what exactly went down 10k years ago - the teaser more or less spelled out that that's going to be the case, with Link and Zelda investigating Ganondorf's apparent magic tomb/seal thing that they didn't know even existed in BOTW: a tomb/seal that explains why the Calamity popped up from under Hyrule Castle in the first place (since it's where Dorf is sealed).

The actual big mystery here is the glowy green hand

He had it coming.

The Zora stone tablets talks about Ruto.
Also pic related.

10100 years ago Hyrule fought off Calamity Ganon with the Divine Beasts and the guardians.
10000 years later the Royal Family scientists discovers the Divine Beasts and the Guardians during excavations, they learn off the Calamity Ganon and starts trying to figure it out to prevent him.
Calamity Ganon comes forth and starts his attack, Link is nearly killed and placed in the Shrine of Resesurection.

Attached: file.png (850x560, 597K)

Time traveler here, Malice is actually Malladus.

While Ganondorf wears a Metallica T-shirt.

>BoTW backstory >10,000 year gap containing all or some of the previous games
That's wrong, we already know that the Zora have a recorded history of princess Ruto placed around 50,000 years before BotW.
All the games happened 40 k years before the 10k fight with ganon.

I don't get it.

>Becoming reality
The game has been in development since sometime in 2017, and with it having been officially revealed already, I can't imagine that its release is more than two years away. It's probably way too late in development for a mechanic not already in the game and as major as this to be added. Playable Zelda would have both gameplay and story ramifications. It's just too big for something that wasn't planned from near the beginning. And it may have been, but I haven't seen anything to actually imply that yet. Seems like a lot of wishful thinking to me.

I couldn't keep people from shitposting here even if I wanted to. You're white knighting for no reason- someone said "this theory sux" so I said "your post was low effort", big deal.

>and that's how there are tales about Ruto and other stuff that could have only happened in the AT.
Well, Ganondorf went apeshit in the CT, likely during OoT Link's lifetime and certainly during Ruto's lifetime. This is why TP Hyrule is in ruins.

Malladus is just another incarnation of demises hate.

>TP Hyrule is in ruins
It was in ruins? Compared to which timeline?

>Get a new BotW
>Zelda's English VA will return
Monkey's Paw

Attached: 1544724644881.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

>Zelda's English VA will return
Hot.

Compared to Ocarina of Time it is, all the bridges and roads are in disarray, Temple of Time and old Castletown are gone...
It wasn't like that in MM.

so are they bringing back the motorcycle or what

they better fucking give me back my motorcycle

they better give it to me near the beginning too

the red haired creature isn't holding the master sword, that's a straight sided sword whereas the one in the mural is a leaf shaped blade.

Attached: KvPnUyb.jpg (1259x1447, 467K)

MM was in Lorule, not in Hyrule

That's Link

*ganondorf

>HURRRR THE TIEMLINE TIMELINE TIMLEEEN
The devs already said they didn't even know which timeline BotW fits into, because they don't care, unless its a direct sequel they pretty much make a new story each time while losely winking to other installments, you must be a fucking retard if you think they keep Hyrule Historia on their desk everytime they write a new chapter of the plot.
It's fine to talk about possible plots but saying things can and can't be because of that poorly excuse of a timeline we got is beyond retardation.
Stop. No more timeline shit. Shut the fuck up already about that garbage not even the devs give a rat ass shit about.

>Dual audio will return
Everything is fine

Based. Cant wait.

that character is based on the japanese boar. you can see the characteristic markings around its "snout".

Attached: Sus_scrofa_leucomystax.jpg (1608x1048, 655K)

Sheikah tech likely won't come back
>no sign of the slate
>no towers, beasts, shrines, or those giant pillars around the castle in the one shot we get of Hyrule

True. But ruin seems to be a strong word considering moving things, people repopulating in other areas doesn't make Hyrule being in ruin.
If no one takes care of the old buildings, they decay.
I thought the bridges and shit was just part of Zant being a dick for the sake of being a dick. And how they have Bulbin bandits and soldiers running around making people's life a misery.

That's Link fighting Ganon, with Zelda on the other side playing a harp.

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 1.51M)

see and whatever it is, it isn't link. link isnt a japanese boar, and that clearly isn't the master sword.

So why did Link's outfit suddenly switch to blue then, despite the fact that the green tunic has always been his iconic, legendary getup for thousands and thousands of years before the events of BoTW's backstory? So much so, that they actually make a huge deal about it being the canonical look of the hero in various games regardless of timeline placement? (WW, TP and etc.)

So it's possible that the very sudden change in tunics and colors might further imply that the previously-mentioned hero BoTW's backstory isn't actually a Link at all, yet this mystery-hero's look somehow became associated with the heroes we're all familiar with (the Links,) eventually replacing the traditional tunic over the course of hundreds and thousands of years.

*Fabio
With that wavy hair and muscular body, it can't be anyone else

>Nintendo gets reduced hair zelda
>snoy gets reduced breasts tifa
Sounds like a case of sour grapes

Were they reading lovecraft when they design these things. They all need to be put in the game.

See Its Zelda on one side and Link on the other. Its just a tapestry and Link is portrayed as some forest wild man.

>why is it blue?
Because the devs wanted to break classic Zelda conventions.

You're wrong. That's Fabio fighting Ganon, and on the other side there is a random street hooker.
The machines surrounding him are all his 150 motorcycles. Get your lore straight.

>destroy triforce
>game turns out to be a prequel to ALttP and we were in Lorule the whole time

What we do know is that the hand belonged to a person
And that the hand is sealing someone who's presumably Ganondorf
It looks different from Shiekah magitech, so it's probably got a different origin
The hand still has a conciousness since we see it grasping Link's hand (it's definitely not Zelda's) who seems to be falling
Later, its magic somehow transfers to Link's arm, which will be his Shiekah Slate replacement for this game
We then see Zelda looking at the non-magical twitching remains of the hand
And the evil is unsealed

Attached: Sequel to The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild - First Look Trailer.jpg (1920x4320, 899K)

>No Sheikah tech
>The sequel hook in BotW was literally based on them needing to fix one of the beasts

Attached: 1450403237301.gif (636x450, 765K)

I wonder why Link's clothes has a mixture of blue and green.

>We trapped Ganon in another dimension (twice) and he just broke out
>Have we tried putting him in the basement?

I assumed it's his green tunic + blue hylian shield

We also know the story probably still surround about Malice.

I'm going to be pissed if they go with the "Ganondorf din do nuffin" route, like he was always just a victim of Demise.

Ganondorf was never presented as a man who is being possessed by a demon god, he's presented as the literal incarnation of that demon god and never once are we ever led to believe otherwise. It's pretty late in the game to try to sit there and introduce that scenario as though it was always the case, without slapping your fans in the face, and even insulting our intelligence to a degree. That's like posing the scenario that Hitler was being mind controlled by the devil or something. Trying now to seperate "Ganondorf" from "Ganon/Demise" seems like an asspull, that is trying to give artificial depth to a character in the worst way, instead of having built that character up to be something else. Wind Waker did it correctly by implying that Ganondorf was simply envious of Hyrule, because his desert was a hellscape for him growing up. This thing about Ganondorf being a mindless victim the entire time, is the wrong way to do it.

kek

The timeline is fine, BOTW is a dragon break and takes place in a convergence so it's also fine.

Attached: linkconcept3.jpg (800x454, 86K)

based

>I'm going to be pissed if they go with the "Ganondorf din do nuffin" route, like he was always just a victim of Demise.
I don't they will go as far as dindonuffin. But maybe that he was a bitch, did shady shit and people wanted to get rid of him.

I don't think it's so much that he's ALWAYS been a mindless victim- there were plenty of willingly ruthless ganondorfs. I think the idea is more that it was one specific incarnation who tried to fight it and failed.

unless they hired blizzard writers, i don't think that will be the case

Anyway, I do hope that by rehashing BotW they focing on making a lot of enemies, dungeons, caves and story

So what makes you think they won't break classic Zelda conventions by pulling some kind of twist on us in which a new incarnation of Ganondorf happened to be a good guy until Demise's curse fucked him over by corrupting him again?

>I'm going to be pissed if they go with the "Ganondorf din do nuffin" route, like he was always just a victim of Demise.
>what is Groose

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Honestly, no. They do not need modern Blizzard. They'd just corrupt and make every character just an angry bitch.

Demise won't be mentioned ever again, just relax.

This. Demise is not even a character anymore. He's just a malevolent force.

She sounded pretty cute

Her new portrait after the haircut makes it look like she has Down syndrome

>character development across zelda games
have you ever touched a nintendo console before?

kys

I'm more inclined to believe in a Co op mouse than whatever the fuck you just said

Metroid tried but failed. While it was smite to the ground.

The hand will be an ancient link, but it will be a dark one

Attached: BotW 2 plot.png (1318x590, 206K)

except Link has that glowing hand in the trailer and Calamity Ganon isn't a dragon, especially in that mural
the red hair is from the barbarian armor ya goof
if you're gonna pay attention to the lore, pay attention to all of it

its possible the 10k hero was the gerudo male, and thats how ganon corrupted him. still doesn't explain the leaf-shaped master sword though. also its interesting that the dragon in the tapestry is green like the one in the gerudo highlands, and like OG link's tunic.
the zombielich has a piece of jewelry shaped like Midli.

>We try to kill Ganondorf by simply stabbing him
>What could go wrong?

Big A already said botw does fit in a specific place in the timeline when it was in development.
Just because they never said witch yet doesnt mean it aint.

Attached: file.png (602x707, 372K)

so you're confirming that all blue-kitted links have been evil and fighting a virtuous but misunderstood ganon?
>d d d dark

except Zelda has the entire triforce at the end of botw

If I pull that out will you live?

I think if I understand his post right:
Link is the dragon hence "dragons(courage)" in the text. Zelda is standing behind the dragon/calamity ganon.
Ganon/Ganondorf is the small one is Ganon.

it would be extremely painful.

It would be extremely pleasurable.

>soul of Link from 10 000 years ago
>desperately trying to contain unkillable, world-ending pure evil
>fighting alone and forgotten, he suffers so the world can live on
>millenas of suffering slowly seep into the soul of the hero

>I can no longer hear the voice inside the sword. I suppose it would make sense if my power had dwindled over the past 100 years...

We will play like Zelda in the sequel. They literally reset all her powers just like Link at the beginning of BOTW. And Link seems to still have the Master Sword and the power-ups in the sequel.

Attached: endBOTW.png (762x761, 477K)

At least they brought down an entire ocean down on him afterwards and left forever, just to make sure.

>Ganondorf was never presented as a man who is being possessed by a demon god, he's presented as the literal incarnation of that demon god
And that's exactly what Demise said
Wind Waker is what made him a dindu

You're reading way to much in it. The tapestry shows Link and Zelda, its not Zelda, Ganon and Ganondorf. Stop this idiocy.
youtube.com/watch?v=875DDUC8gmU

Attached: sword of a hero.jpg (906x722, 132K)

>All this hand imagery
Zonai confirmed to be in this game?
BotW Barbarian Armor Set?

>You're reading way to much in it.
I am. I'm just translating what he probably meant.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Zelda/Link must get depowered in some way at the start of the game. Link losing the Master Sword Samus style is kinda cheap. However it would be interesting if Ganon snags the ToW out of Zelda the moment he comes back.
Assumed it was TP owing to the hole in Dorf's chest.

Attached: princess and the hero.jpg (996x762, 195K)

>dark link final boss
>Link can die if you play badly so the game has a bad ending
>playable Zelda kills dark link with powers
Thoughts?

Attached: 4_D10376_E-4_EB6-456_E-859_A-_FEBE651_C5458.gif (400x234, 474K)

Link gets the cool hand though. Whatever it does, we'll need to play as Link to use it.

They were obviously Dnyamaxed Link and Zelda, just look at their sizes compared to guardians. Pokemon and LoZ are in the same universe confirmed!

I'm sure that freaky hand will nerf link at the start

THIS IS THE NEW GAME
NEW GAME IS PAST
IS A CYCLE
LINK IS POSESED BY GANON
GANONDORF AND ZELDA END HIM

I was tryna grab some orb last night if you know what I mean ;)

You're a pig guy

Its not gonna be a playable Zelda. This is pre-botw all over again when all of you thought the Link shown was a female link.

Never played Zelda games. Where to start? I have 3DS

It's probably to highlight they were the most important pieces in the battle. Like how most paintings has the king in the front, despite the soldiers probably did most of the work.

That, and assuming the triforce of courage is passed down, he would be 100% vulnerable to forces of evil.

Having a "magical" arm is an easy way to make the character more versatile without overloading his design with weird tools. I was wondering why devs won't use it more ever since DMC4.

FOR (YOU)

With any of them. Ocarina of Time is a good start. Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past for the 2D games.

That's a given considering he has the Master Sword on his back in the trailer.
I wonder if they'll keep the Sheikah Slate and runes or maybe give that to Zelda.

I wonder if they'll allow you to transfer the images on the sheikah slate to actual screenshots.

I chuckled

Attached: Forty_keks.jpg (600x528, 49K)

You joke, but what if the last powerup of Link's arm is a huge monster form you use to demolish Ganon(dorf)?

Nah that shit was always just plain retarded

that may mean that Fi is no longer in the sword. which means demise may not be either. this would explain why the master sword was so gimped and rusty in BOTW.

I wonder if BotW Link doesn't seem to be a holder of the Triforce because its previous holder (hero's soul in the glowy arm) hasn't technically passed yet so the Triforce can't move onto the next Link.

>Ritos in TP if I remember correctly
only in the HD remake, that user is doing their best but not just giving you the information you need to understand how wrong you are
Zelda 1, then 2. Sure, just a sequel. A Link to the Past was advertised as taking place before those two. LA was originally the direct sequel to ALttP. Then OoT was said to be the first Zelda game when it was coming out. There's no question MM is a direct sequel, and then WW tells you it's after OoT in the intro. TP has OoT Link come and tell you that he lived out his life with no one knowing his story (because he was a kid again). So the entire time, save the Four Swords games, how each game related to the others was pretty clear through marketing and what was in the games themselves.

>Wind Waker is what made him a dindu
yep and people ate that shit up.
which is weird because this is the same Ganondorf that fucked Hyrule in OoT and left his race to rot in the desert and possibly his race to extinction considering Arbiter's Grounds.

character development my ass.

>at last my arm is complete again!

Attached: SweeneyTodd.jpg (354x450, 35K)

>New BoTW
>Monolith has been hiring for a "special" project starring a blonde haired green eyed woman wearing a crown with her ears conveniently covered

Zelda bros...

Attached: Monolith new project.jpg (1788x908, 406K)

>A Link to the Past was advertised as taking place before those two.
Source on that?

But that didn't happen in BotW
>Ganondorf fights Demise
>Demise is sealed in Ganondorf
>Link between souls

That would be great, at least to see the images without overlays in-game.
Thinking about it, it doesn't make much sense to remove the Slate. It server as a camera, map, navigation item detector and compendium, other than allowing Link to use the runes. It's way too versatile and easy to use to ditch it without a better option.

Attached: file.png (629x433, 588K)

I think he will be a force that combats you throughout the game (Like the hero's shade, but with ill intent), while also giving you new powers (arm shit). Some point in the game you will free/uncorrupt the spirit, and then you will be able to wield the master sword.

Botw link's arm being corrupted will be the reason why he can't initially use the master sword.

Yeah, they've explicitly been hiring for Zelda since March
monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/production02/

What does the japanese cover say?
Considering people seems to be picky about english being wrong at time, I want to read the back cover or summary of the japanese copy too.

>The predecessors of Link and zelda
>This exciting sequel

??? Those contradict one another.

"Interview". Dengeki Nintendo 64. MediaWorks, Inc. January 1999. Shigeru Miyamoto: (時オカ神トラ)それから初代ときてリンクの冒険という順番になる。 / Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, then comes the original one and The Adventure of Link in turn."

I need to replay MM. There are so many things 10 year old me didn't understand or care about.

Howso?
It's a sequel that takes place before the previous work. In other words, a prequel.

Depends on whether the hand is a spirit or not, which it appears to be due to its ability to merge with link. Either way, I think he will have to activate his triforce to get rid of his fucked up arm, like in TP with the wolf.

It really is a wild ride. Replaying it recently I really enjoyed how that was the first Zelda game to explicitly mention death and characters dying instead of just alluding to it, and the sense of doom in the atmosphere is genuinely unsettling. Despite that the sidequests are incredibly heartfelt and the side characters feel like the most fleshed out NPCs that had been in Zelda games up to that point.

I don't understand why you made this post. I didn't misunderstand what user said, I was disagreeing. You've just repeated the image with no new information, and didn't engage with what I said at all.

You didn't say anything either, so why have you come to me to complain.

Master sword was like that because it wasn't used in a long time, we can her Fi multiple times after getting it back, it is just Zelda that can't hear after the ending

Okay, you're right. It was planned from the beginning. Got confused about there since (時オカ神トラ) was missing the arrow between oka and kami.

Isn't the symbolism that short hair indicates maturation for women? Zelda is a little older and a lot wiser. Although, she seemed pretty switched on in the initial game.

ME AND NABOORU USED TO BE AN ITEM, BUT SHE TURNED TRAITOROUS SO I IMPRISONED HER IN A STATUE.

NOW SHE MEANS NOTHING TO ME.

OHH WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT.. IT MAKES ME WANT TO...

MAKES ME WANT TO...

UWWAAAAHHAAAHOOOOHOOOOHAAAAA

OH WHENEVER I GET SAD I EAT

SNARF NOM SNARF OM

the japanese box is even more clear mentioning this is long before Link's adventure (zelda 1+2)

Mipha also talks about Ruto in her diary and about how the story of the Zoe’s princess that fell in love with a Hylian inspired her

I don’t think she knew that the Hero of time visibly gagged when Ruto hit on him

Attached: 08BD8284-B53A-446D-8CB6-D6741A150663.png (1258x2380, 1.81M)

Yeah, found the box and you're right.

Botw zelda currently has the full triforce

>explain tapestry, barbarian armor
>ask why a post was made
>not saying anything
you can stop now

It's Fabio, user. Stop being so delusional.

>Past Link seals himself and Ganondorf
>BotW Link and Zelda find body
>Magic hero spirit merges with Link and guides him along
>"To stop Ganondorf for good you have to get the triforce"
>Link follows the hand and obtains the Triforce of Power
>Past Hero lost against Ganondorf
>The spirit that merges with BotW Link is actually Ganondorf using Link to revive his full power

not that guy, but if it's barbarian armor where is the skull and horns? Also the blue and green doesn't look like the barbarian armor at all, just the hyrule knight uniform

That means they used the words wrong as a sequel and a prequel aren't the same thing.

Where did the Towers and Shrines go?

Attached: v5smciu292431.jpg (823x1421, 135K)

Probably deactivated since they aren't needed anymore. Or they just didn't want them in the shot.

Away.

So...
An ant colony?

Breath of the Wild is supposed to be a sort of pseudo reboot that takes heavy inspiration from Zelda 1, right?
Just like Zelda 1, Ganon was once again the main villain in BoTW.

Assuming they stick with this thrend, then the sequel will have a lot of callbacks from Adventure of Link.
In AoL, the plot synopsis foreshadows that Ganon's minions are trying to revive him again, but this turns out to be a red herring as Dark Link suddenly appears as the final boss, who acts a test for Link to see if he's worthy enough to earn and claim the Triforce of Courage for himself.

It's clear that BoTW's Link doesn't hold the Triforce or Courage (Zelda does, at least for now) so its very possible they could be retelling the same basic story with a sort of evil, corrupted "Dark Link" as the true final boss.

The pillars around the Castle are gone too.
So I doubt it's them not wanting them in the shot, especially if it's a sequel.
Also where is pic related?
I can't find it in BOTW, thought it was the forgotten temple.
Guess it's a new location?

Attached: Selection_008.png (1368x725, 467K)

>Dark Link
>in b4 it is a possessed Link
>Zelda has to kill him
>shitfest ensured online
I dig it.

That didn't make sense to me because I assumed she could have taken ganon down without Link if she really had the full powers. But as I said, that's just my headcanon.

Either it is a dungeon or where the corpse is being held at. It looks like it could be outside since you have white shine on the top which could be from the moon, but at the same time it could be underground beneath the castle.

Are LINK and ZELDA the same person?

>The new Champions have to help Zelda
>The old Champion's corrupted spirits help Link
>Each new Champion you help frees an old champion
>Mipha has to hold Link down so Zelda can kill him

I would actually really dig this if true. BOTW with Zelda 2 style palaces instead of divine beasts would be amazing.

>botw is supposed to be be some sort of-
Where did you hear any official confirmation of that?

Chances are we're not revisiting the Divine Beasts. So they have to fill the dungeon aspect somehow.

Botw is already confirmed to be at the end of the time line

Didn't Sakura do this in Naruto? But she still ended up being useless for years until that one fight with the doll guy in Shippuden? lol

It's ganondorf. Link is the dragon who defeats him with Zelda's help.
Link is still the good guy - we've just been reading the tapestry wrong is all

Yes.

"no"

Attached: sword that seals.jpg (822x692, 157K)

destroy the triforce and the world will go to shit.

Looks like a ritual. I hope it's Vaati's hand.

Not the guy, but what if the story the old hag tells is wrong? I mean, 10 000 years is a long time. Surely the story must have changed from time to time.

>"The Hero"
>purposely worded ambiguously

The towers would have gone back into the ground and we know that the shrines can bury and unbury as well. So it wouldn't be surprising if all of the shrines went away after the defeat of Ganon and would only appear again in 10,000 years when the Malice would be scheduled for return. I can imagine this would mean no more spirit orbs for hearts and stamina, might be a return to traditional pieces again.

Are all Ganons following LttP mindless beasts?

Kind of. Maybe. They don't say much.

My guess would be to the East of Hyrule Castle, the chasm where the forgotten temple is. This was probably also buried there and tunnels all the way to under Hyrule Castle, where Ganondorf is being held.

The triforce is fickle as fuck. Link had the full triforce a few games too.
It's not ready the deciding factor.

>Why am I so mad at somebody hatching theories in a theory thread I knew I would get mad when entering? What is happening to me?

They aren't suppose to be, no. The one revived in the Oracle games are because the ritual was botched. Games like FSA just wanted to put emphasis on how not human Ganon is, rather then being mindless. It's just hard to portray with minimal dialogue.

It seems arbitrary that LttP Link is able to kill Ganon sufficiently that he has to be bought back with botched resurrections, but OoT Ganon comes back just fine.

its handicapped people trying to force their cyborg agenda unto the masses.

Yes, his character is a liar that destroys anything for his own gain

Gah, meant West. I am not from a mirror dimension, ignore me

Having the triforce and wishing on it don't seem to be the same thing. Ganon had the whole triforce in LttP, but it wasn't "in" him, nor did he seem capable of using it for a wish.

Attached: 1512447057542.gif (480x270, 2.14M)

I suppose more has to have happened because the Arbiters Grounds is abandoned and in ruin, and Ganondorf wasn't at fault for that.

I hope Tingle shows up

>Tingle was the bad guy all along

>Wind Waker is what made him a dindu
Not exactly. He just admits envy, and his time in the Sacred realm + his destruction of Hyrule made him soft.

My biggest question is why "Link" has clearly tusk in the mural. you can see where they drew the jaw line and pointy tusks come out if it like the ones in a wild boar. That and the long flowing hair makes me think of Ganondorf.

Attached: Boar.png (911x483, 556K)

Tingle is the hand in the trailer, numbnuts

Fi leaves the sword after pig form "ganon" is defeated. it was just a decoy which is why it was so easy, it got zelda to release him, zelda and link think calamity ganon is kill, now he's free to rebuild himself in peace until link and zelda stumble on the truth while investigating why vah ruta has stopped working.

>Lore for a game that has literally no story

I was playing BoTW for like 30h and i could count the lore exposition or dialogue on two hands probably

Attached: 97857465.jpg (240x240, 13K)

I believe he actually did use it for a wish, and that was for the dark world in lttp to exist in the first place, but that's all extra storyline in the manual describing right before the start of the game's events,

fuck me, this theory just goes deeper and deeper

>he probably got promoted to sage at a later time.
source on that?

There are books.

DEEPEST LOER

because it's fuckin rad

we don't know what happened after we defeated calamity ganon - the game resets back to before he is defeated, with an internal flag to mark that we've beaten c. ganon. the only clues to the postgame world are in the ending clip which don't show much.

the black dragon has a pig nose tho, it's totally ganon

>>Lore for a game that has literally no story
>I was playing BoTW for like 30h and i could count the lore exposition or dialogue on two hands probably
>Game has a clear story
>multiple exposition cutscenes
>lore spread throughout
No user, you're just retarded

and the beginning of the time line. its a cycle.

why is the dragon wearing a bra?

Dragon titties need support

It could just be an incarnation of Malice that was intended to take over the Ganondorf of that cycle

See you guys in the next lore thread.

For an RPG its barebones as fuck m8

thanks for the wild ride bros, keep the spirit of Good Guy Ganon alive

see

It was literally never confirmed to be the beginning.

>lore
>Botw
>lore
The only good thing from Botw is Zelda big fat ruppee smelling butt.

Attached: 1560276170007.jpg (976x1480, 89K)