Should Capcom remake this game?

Should Capcom remake this game?

Attached: dmc 2.jpg (1024x819, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0Bz4BB3Zxun
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. It would be a waste of time and money better spent on anything else.

remakes are cancer senpai

you can run it on modern systems in the HD collection so there is no need for any remastering or remakes.

the gameplay is shite

I'm pretty sure user meant remake so it's better and no longer makes people whine how boring it is.

>infested chopper becomes the best boss fight in the remake

>that weird building demon will become a cool dynamic boss in the remake
Why aren't they on it?

How would they do that? Biggest gripe people had is that you couldn't really reach the chopper with your sword, so would it be better to introduce multiple platforms for Dante to jump around or have Dante fly for extended period of time?

Dante now can bring out his wings without DTing as long as he has the airborne heart equiped or whatever it was called
Also make the chopper more demonic looking and grotesque

Infested chopper was already quite grotesque, they just need to recreate him in modern graphics for the nasty details to really pop out.

I just realized Nero has the perfect mechanic for this type of enemy, chopper works more or less like Sanctus in his floating crystal. Even if they don't remake DMC2, they could remake the choppers into a lower class enemy.

If by remake you mean it REALLY gets remade from the ground up then maybe

Using DMC5 engine

fair enough

>Infested chopper was already quite grotesque
Not enough in my opinion
>I just realized Nero has the perfect mechanic for this type of enemy
Or maybe Lucia could have the boss fight instead and give her some kind of aerial mechanic
>Even if they don't remake DMC2, they could remake the choppers into a lower class enemy.
I don't think anyone will find a chopper as a common enemy appealing, also flying enemy's tend to be smaller
Well that's what people obviously mean, I wonder how the amulets, styles, and Sin DT function though. that'll make Dante feel bloated as all fuck

Attached: 1551212642959.png (392x350, 167K)

I mean, they'd have to change so much it'd be a completely different game anyway, so why not just make a new game?

Attached: dmc2.webm (1067x600, 2.44M)

The first thing I would do is significantly reduce knockback on melee attacks and significantly speed up Stinger's startup time. There's a lot that wouldn't fix, but it would address the issue DMC2 has where melee sucks and the most efficient way to deal with everything is just guns.
The second thing I would do is stop right there because it's still not a good game and doesn't deserve significant effort put into it.

No, because right now as it is it's better than DMC Devil May Cry. If they remade it, it'd be garbage and probably worse than DMC Devil May Cry. Don't give the Dinofags that little bit

No and neither they should they remake DMC1.

>If they remade it, it'd be garbage and probably worse than DMC Devil May Cry
Fucking how? It'll most probably play like DMC5 if anything

Didn't they salvage DMC with it's remaster? Couldn't they apply that to 2?

Attached: 1557431439755.png (900x665, 137K)

>Didn't they salvage DMC with it's remaster?
No, and OP is asking for a complete remake like RE2 remake, not a remaster

No, DmC Definitive is still shit, just slightly less shit. Plus, they never bothered to bring the changes to the PC version, so they might as well had never done it in the first place

I just finished DMC. Is 2 really THAT bad?

Yes, but it's worth playing just to see how incredible an improvement DMC3 is. The jump from DMC2 to DMC3 is the biggest quality jump in history

alright, thanks

vocaroo.com/i/s0Bz4BB3Zxun

Attached: 1553427688785.gif (400x200, 1.36M)

If DMC2 gets too shitty where it's just unbearable to play, feel free to just drop it and just jump straight into DMC3. But yeah, at least try 2 first to see how bad it is.

Let you smack the missles back; I was surprised you couldn't, it's basic videogame logic.

Or ride them back to the chopper.

Do it do it do it please yes.

At that point, why not just make another game?
Nothing in 2 is really worth salvaging other than Dante's coat.

Fuck no.
Any effort wasted on a remake would be better spent on an actually new game.
DMC2's story and setting are shit. There's nothing really worth salvaging. If you like Lucia just ask to have her appear in a new game, she's still canon.

damn that voice deep
Dante's fat dick must've made V's balls drop

The game being shit is the reason why anyone mentioning possibility of Lucia returning gets harassed, I can see why they would want an actually likeable version of DMC2 so people would maybe back them up.
Besides, the setting and story weren't that shitty, just needed a better writer to bring everything into proper place.

I love Dante
and V(ergil) and Nero

Attached: 5c8f8d464a7fa183bd59344ec2797f46.jpg (512x601, 60K)

just say you want your dumb waifu back

There is nothing worth redeeming in this game, so no
Lucia a shit, I don't know why some people care about her

Was hoping the demon building would be in DMC5, shit boss in 2 but could have been cool in 5.

Because she's brown. That's literally it.

I like her cause she is a fighter, but not a bitch like Lady and Trish, though there is a good chance they'd make her one.

She's even more of a useless plank of wood than Trish. Her DT looks interesting but that's about it.

I'd rather have them remake 3. If that games rough edges got cleared out and they made some of the bosses better it would probably surpass 3. 2 you just can't salvage without just making a completely new game

I meant surpass 5 but whatever

Attached: 1557561190238.jpg (1080x1080, 273K)

BABY COME BACK

Attached: 1560053281764.png (875x699, 1.39M)

ANY KIND OF FOOL COULD SEE
THERE WAS SOMETHING IN EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU

Attached: 1560033856129.png (344x380, 250K)

>look at the DMC5 "story so far" just to see what they say
>about 5 seconds was given to DMC2 then moves on
I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while.

Attached: dante.jpg (1500x1500, 781K)

>see an online album for "Photos taken moments before a disaster".
>typical shit like an air born soccer ball right next to someone's head
>one of them is just an image of the main menu for DMC2

Attached: 1452306360996.gif (500x465, 370K)