How and why is Japan still selling physical copies?

How and why is Japan still selling physical copies?

Attached: Japanese PC physical copies.jpg (1200x900, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cyberpunk.net/us/en/pre-order
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nips are less cucked

Japan isn't dumb enough to give up having an actual product for some temporary convenience.

Because they have an excellent second hand ecosystem.

Nigga said "ecosystem"

Japan is the last bastion of physical copies, the Japanese game media should start a pro physical copy/anti digital movement. It could be done by making digital look like some brainwashing tactic pushed by the west, use (((Gabe Newell))) as a mascot of the evil digital distributors and give him an even bigger kike nose than he already has
>some temporary convenience.
an insignificant amount that comes with a whole lot of negatives.

Its good to know people in this site see through this bullshit

>Icewind Dale, Baludur's Gate, NWN and a few more
Don't know why I always find it weird there are people in Japan who actually play CRPGs must be the most niche shit over there.

The jew fears the samurai

because they aren't retarded

1. resale value
2. can actually see cool box art and manuals and stuff
3. its nice to be able to have a physical collection of video games, collecting is fun
4. when servers go offline inevitably in 20 years you can still play the game
5. small chance the piece of media you own becomes rare or saught after, boom you are rich now

Only a retard would go digital, why not just pirate at that point then?

Attached: IMG_4329.jpg (4032x3024, 2.59M)

The newest game there looks to be the Witcher. They're keeping the used market alive yea but I seriously wonder how much a big box copy of Baldur's Gate is, cuz here it's like $25 at best.

Japs finance their next game by selling their current ones after they beat them. It's why prior to eBay resellers pillaging the country, it used to be amazing for /vr/ stuff.

>when servers go offline inevitably in 20 years you can still play the game
>discrot.png and no-lan-nor.-directip-mp.webp

This is now a show off cool physical collection thread

Physical beats digital in every aspect, but I can't deny that shit like games pass pc for 5 bucks a month and getting some day one releases with it through the service. I go where the cheap deals are, and physical games are still better than digital in that regard, but some digital services have their perks also. I highly doubt Gears of War 5 will be timeless enough for me to want to buy a physical copy, but I'll pay five bucks to play it day one.

i will kill every single ebay nigger

You don't actually believe PC gaming is niche in Japan, right? Kotaku has been trying to peddle that for years and its never been true.

>Cyberpunk 2077 now doesn't makes distinction between PC and console versions
Nice.
cyberpunk.net/us/en/pre-order

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-13 Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.png (1141x493, 26K)

He thinks CRPGs are a niche in Japan, learn to reading comprehension you dumb nigger

So, why did they released The Neverhood only as a PS1 game?

I still buy physical versions, steelbooks if possible. Only get digital if it's indie shit or if I bought the game on a whim

bugmen are fucken retarded dude.

because they are smarter than we are

Attached: JDxh[1].gif (480x366, 2.02M)

You forgot to mention the damage digital has done to gaming and how digital is inherently extremely over priced
Just having the option to pay for a game digitally has ruined gaming, it allows for what is plaguing the industry today such as rampant DLC and mtx, games being intentionally released unfinished or unplayable without a patch because they can easily patch it through whatever platform which further encourages them to be released that way, being charged for a download, having to go through some console wannabe platform to legally play games on PC, easy access which means more casuals play games which means games are made for them which means lower quality games, etc. People have been tricked into thinking that because sometimes digital games are lower cost means they are a better deal, even $1 is too much for a download. The standard prices we have for games was based on the fact that games used to be sold physical only and all the logistics, effort, and extra money that comes with that, playable without a patch (at least on console), and DLC and mtx weren’t rampant and didn't even exist for most games. On PC it used to be $50 max for an actual physical copy that was better than today's collector's editions, now they want you to pay for a download. Low cost =/= cheap or a good deal. Using the logic that digital sales are "cheaper" means that a restaurant charging $5 for a sip of water is cheap because it is only $5 without taking into consideration what you get in return.
The industry can choke to death on the insignificant amount of "convenience" that digital has over physical, it isn't worth the many negatives and isn't worth paying for. Just remember that though they make games, the developers and publishers are still companies trying to maximize profit even at the cost of the quality of their own product, they are not your friend.

Only time I buy digital is if its a digital only game, which is usually indie game. Otherwise its only physical, hell I still have 30+ y/o carts that function fine.

I used to think this but then I moved. Once.

I've also never lost a digital purchase anywhere. Yet my physical copies of WarHawk and MAG on PS3 are unplayable. So it really makes no difference.

I just miss the physical contact you had with games. Even just looking at the cartridge made people feel like there was a whole world to explore stuck in this cheap piece of plastic.

Attached: 61kY15Ooo-L._AC_SX215_.jpg (215x287, 12K)

You can still play Warhawk. There's quite a prominent scene now who utilise the LAN capabilities to make it go online.

When I was little and everything was physical copies, i would violently rip the box open, discard and lose the guide and have since lost all of the disks after moving out.
I wanna beat the shit out of my little kid self.

i like physical copies, too, but physical and digital copies are basically the same shit now. the only thing is that the physical copy is more of a hassle

let me take you through this
>both physical and digital requires the player to download the whole game onto their drive via disc or online
>player can just push to start the digital game
>while the players NEEDS to pop the disc in each time for that specific, physical copy of a game
>the disc itself now acts as a sort of a physical license to play something that is already downloaded into your drive -- just like a digital game
i think you guys should worry about this more first

For the greater good.

Attached: image.jpg (886x1100, 153K)

forgot to mention that the art for physical copies tend to be gay now -- especially NA stuff -- and almost no one includes a good instruction manual anymore with character/world info and art + a bunch of other cool stuff. manuals used to have comic strips and shit full of official art

Based, I bet you actually enjoyed vidya back then instead of being a greedy hoarding autist

>greedy hoarding autist
Not him, but it does feel a lot better now that I'm not.

japanese culture is deeply rooted in tradition, if the original way of doing something still works, then they won't abandon it easily. even fax machines are still widespread

>implying the discs won't eventually die
Kek, piracy is the only real option, and the Japs are ultra cucked in that regard.

Never looked at it like that. I could play one game all day long and think nothing of it. Now at my worst i'll open up several games and close them as soon as I open them.
Or the dreaded "stare at the steam library" for 4 hours till I have to go to bed for work.

You realize digital archives are ALSO held on physical storage that decays with time, yes?

digital is a jewish plot

This.

>open up several games and close them as soon as I open them. Or the dreaded "stare at the steam library" for 4 hours till I have to go to bed for work.

I hate this shit so much, there are so many games I want to play and all I think about at work is coming back and playing some cool games but then I spend the rest of the evening staring at my huge steam library and browsing Yea Forums.

I really want to uninstall all my games except one and force myself to finish it before installing another one.

Attached: 1526785446755.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

It's retarded to buy a physical copy when you have to download shit to play the game anyways.

piracy is the true redpill

>original non cucked versions of baldurs gate
beautiful

>>discrot.png
I have CDs which were pressed in the late 80's that are still going strong. If you need to redownload a game that you bought digitally on the PS3 in 2037, I guarantee you're gonna run into issues.

Digital and streaming isn't as important to them as it is to the west yet, have you ever checked the wifi chip of a playstation unit compared to most western devices? Theyre shit, even the pro.

Have sex

man you guys have commitment issues, y'know the journey doesn't end when you finish the game you can always replay it again and again.

Hell I've blown up my AC town like 6 times

Why the fuck are you sad about not being able to play MAG? That game sucked ballsacks, a shitty cod clone on big scale at best

What did they change?

If you live in Bong-land, then Cex makes physical editions worth it

>that mental gymnastics

>I've also never lost a digital purchase anywhere. Yet my physical copies of WarHawk and MAG on PS3 are unplayable. So it really makes no difference.
Based false equivalence poster