Nintendo Switch vs. Google Stadia vs. Sony Playstation 5 vs. Microsoft Xbox Scarlett

So next year will truly begin the war between these ninth generation platforms. Which company will tap out first and get crushed 2020 onwards? Who are you rooting for?

Attached: SwitchStadiaScarlettPS5.jpg (620x400, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xbox.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Scarlett
famitsu.com/game/news/1221045_1124.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Let's be honest, Sony will probably lose

>rooting for corporations
I will buy whichever is more powerful between the two multiplat boxes and maybe a switch revision

You sound like a retard. Power means nothing.

It does when it's the only difference between two near identical options

Stadia will bomb on release, Sony will lose hard, Microsoft and Nintendo will dominate like they did 7th gen.

It won't mean much especially when Switch ends up stomping both of them in sales.

But PS5 will beat Scarlett because it will actually have games.

You also have to account for software that will be featured on the platforms. A powerful console with no unique software has no purpose.

Google's gonna retire Stadia due to lack of interest.

All I want is for the game streaming meme to die. Forever.

Attached: helpme.png (290x212, 65K)

I'm rooting for another crash

I do believe that Sony's new censorship rules and possibly more new rules will end up biting them in the ass next year and onwards. They're returning to their arrogant PS3 days so yeah I could see them getting slammed hard with PS5. It will probably be Switch vs. Scarlett while Google fucks up with Stadia.

So then you want Stadia to bomb. Well going by Google's record, this will probably happen.

Worse than what Atari did back decades ago?

I also think this. Even normals have no interest in playing games with latency

this. ps5 and scarlett literally sound the same and even have the same features. boring.

it's going to come down to games between those two.

The war ended a long time back.
Personally I feel everyone now is doing their own thing, kinda heading off in different facets of gaming/entertainment.
The REAL war will be the stadia trying to make a name for itself in a now already deeply established market.

>single player 3rd person cinematic action game
>unique
Whatever gives me the best performance and best online multiplats to play with my friends us what I will buy.

Next gen is Microsofts last try at consoles. After that, being 5-10 years from now, Microsoft will go full om streaming service or double down with pc gaming. Stadia will be doa. Nintendo will never give up consoles but their consoles will get increasingly less and less traditional. Sony will win the traditional console war. Playstation will eventually ubiquitous as a do-all machine or eventually just built in to tvs.
Maybe a new competitor will join but it will be niche

So a computer.

Lol if the switch failed Nintendo was gonna go third party.

Streaming and cloud shit seems like will be a thing for the next gen.

No they were just going to od shitty mobile cashgrabs like fire emblem heroes

This is why Nintendo stopped chasing after the spec shit and just tried doing their own unique shit. It's worked out for them with the Wii and Switch. Also they have their handhelds like DS and 3DS.

Stadia isn't even competing. Not a single person I know is talking about Stadia except for the occasional "lol have you heard about Google's OnLive service?"
As for the rest, they all seem to have good stuff on the way in 2020 so I don't care who gets "crushed" or whatever. I think it's fairly obvious that Google, the company known for abandoning their projects, is going to give up not soon after the free launch.

So you want to be a boring retard. Go buy a PC if you want that shit you idiot.

Xbox one and ps4 also utilized the same cpu and gpu with minor changes setting them apart.

PS5 will still be the only platform getting games. Switch is the second choice with 2-3 games a year. Stadia and Xbox are irrelevant.

Yeah Stadia is pretty much dead already. But Sony will likely just follow Nintendo and start doing less traditional shit as well.

This isn't true

>tfw the console wars will go on forever

Attached: 1532364862463.png (1107x1077, 733K)

This. Google is no serious competitor against Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Stadia will be it's own thing and then get itself abandoned.

The actual battle will be between Switch, PS5 and Scarlett starting next year.

>Maybe a new competitor will join but it will be niche
Next gen is the last for consoles. It'll be Microsoft by the looks of it since they are teaming up with Sony and Nintendo. Streaming is a pipe dream. Local storage of games will win out, so physical media will survive in some capacity with more emphasis on online support and some streaming capability if people want it. Nintendo will stay because they won't give up first party games.

Attached: 1558544198764.gif (350x263, 2.79M)

you barely noticed any of that shit. they ended up being basically the same boxes just like their successors will be as well. sony and microsoft pretty much have been getting the same boxes for years.

so what will determine who wins between the two will be who gets the most software.

>Next gen is Microsofts last try at consoles
>he actually thinks this
Xbox will always be released due to it being Microsoft's everything their PC in the living room, their streaming device, and their affordable console. There will always be an Xbox console because it's Microsoft's Steam Machine done right. Sony will evenually go third party or streaming after they crash and burn hard, Nintendo will continue with the Switch and never make a home console again.

Sony's new censorship policies might hurt their Japanese support for the PS5. Besides I don't see Japanese devs jumping into PS5 until like 2 years after the console is released so Switch and PS4 will still be getting those games.

Switch is going to crush PS5 when it comes to getting nip games.

name of this qt?

I can see the Xbox also getting Sony's nip games in the west like with PSO2.

You can't possibly believe this right

It's going to be Nintendo vs. Sony in the end. I agree.

Yeah I think Scarlett might end up surprising us on the nip game front. It may get the 360 level nip support if Microsoft doesn't fuck up. Phil seems to really want those nip games.

>Nintendo will continue with the Switch and never make a home console again.
They better improve their hardware then.
>Switch is going to crush PS5 when it comes to getting nip games.
This. No censorship and the Switch can be a straight up traditional console so there's practically no reason to go with Sony besides exclusives and better graphics. Up to you.

Attached: deal with it.gif (220x224, 43K)

Yup. Just like every generation, it'll be a fight of "how much third party support Nintendo can get" and then "how well Sony & Microsoft can run multiplats and market their online services".

>Lol if the switch failed Nintendo was gonna go third party.
You mean mobile games only

There already pcs in the living room and it's only going to get easier for casual consumers to hook their pcs up to their tvs and/or existing setups. The Xbox is Microsofts way into the living room, while Sony has been in everyone's living rooms for decades, all over the world. Sony makes tvs, cameras, laptops, phones, blue ray players, stereos, headphones, and beyond that; sony is usually the highest regarded brand in all those products.

Stadia is irrelevant. Look on here.

xbox.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Scarlett
Scarlett's competition is PS5 and Switch. Stadia is not a threat.

>They better improve their hardware then.
Don't they literally have revisions on the way for this year already?

The nip games Sony is censoring (basically niche shit from companies like Idea Factory and Marvelous) will literally never come out on Xbone because there's no audience for them there, they'll just ditch Sony and stick with Switch and PC.

>implying my friends can afford one
>buying AAA movies is a personality
K

>This. No censorship and the Switch can be a straight up traditional console so there's practically no reason to go with Sony besides exclusives and better graphics. Up to you.
Nip devs are still mad about the Sony policies but they still support PS4 because of the userbase. But notice how they literally have been tagging a Switch version along with that PS4 version? Because they're banking on Switch when Sony inevitably pisses them off even more.

It also helps that Switch outsold PS4 in nipland so more incentive for nip devs to stick with Switch. So yeah PS5 will have a hard time with getting those games.

Almost got me there.

He's talking about Scarlett not Xbone. It's possible that Scarlett could do a 360 on that nip support.

But if they don't, then yeah I could see nips just stick strictly with Switch, PC and mobile in the scenario Sony continues pissing them off.

will anyone even buy a stadia?

Attached: 28xp-pepefrog-master315.jpg (315x315, 16K)

>do a 360
You mean that time where Microsoft moneyhatted a bunch of Japanese games and still got outsold by a massive fucking failure like the PS3 in Japan?
famitsu.com/game/news/1221045_1124.html
Not only is Microsoft going to bother trying that again after how badly it went last time, the games being censored still wouldn't be on their radar even if they did try.

>calling it a 'war' at this point

They will all continue to have mediocre games that require a full year of shilling to get anyone to buy them.

PC is not getting those games

>You can't possibly believe this right
I believe every word I said.

I agree

>They better improve their hardware then.
They will the Switch 2 will probably be more powerful than the Xbox One and PS4 or more powerful than the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

Only Sony's gaming devision is doing well.

Scarlett Xbone will be dropped pretty quick, they're already no longer releasing BC games for the thing.

I mean 360 was Microsoft's Xbox console that actually had pretty good nip support.

But are the nip devs not supporting Xbox because it's western hardware?

>those 360 numbers
Damn.

user I don't think Scarlett will be taking those nip games.

>They will the Switch 2 will probably be more powerful than the Xbox One and PS4 or more powerful than the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.
Nintendo is probably going to go the Apple route with the Switch. Refresh it every 2-3 years or so until they come up with something else.

>will anyone even buy a stadia?
Steaming music, TV and movies made sense but gaming needs you to have a physical install to reduce lag. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all got it right to have a middle ground. Imagine you're sharing an internet connection with family or a shared property. Bandwidth will be killed instantly because Stadia will be hogging the line.

Attached: rage quit.gif (240x240, 637K)

The service itself is free. If you're on a trip but have no portable gaming device, but you're also rich enough to buy a game for 60 dollars on a platform you'll rarely ever use again, those kinda people?

We're not in the 90s anymore snoyboy

Yeah idk why Google thought this was a good idea.

First thing first; Stadia will lose first

And Google thinks all the consumers are rich?

Switch 2 but turn in your Switch tablet without the dock/joycons to get $$$ off a new tablet-only SKU

I'm a genius

>They're returning to their arrogant PS3 days
they're always been that way

>Which company will tap out first and get crushed 2020 onwards?

None of them.

Most likely, Microsoft already said with Scarlett they're done with gens I can see Nintendo doing the same thing with the Switch and just make stronger versions like Microsoft instead of resetting everything back down to zero.

>user I don't think Scarlett will be taking those nip games.
Probably not in Japan but it'll probably get them in the west.

People ignore that the censorstation 4 was only suscefull because of how much M$ screwed in 2012

This, I've been saying it all along, they've always been the same and the only difference now is that microsoft made them look good when they utterly fucked up the xbox reveal.

Stadia likely will never be launched

Streaming from the home Xbox is so fucking cool, it reminds me of streaming PS3 games on my PSP with Remote Play.

True but they seemed to have been a little humble at the beginning of PS4's days but the success of their console got to their heads again and then they started forcing censorship bullshit on people so yeah... not a good look for PS5.

This
PS5 will be Sony's last console
They unironically don't have a lot of money. Microsoft will (gladly) always be there

Attached: netincomes.jpg (757x222, 53K)

Yeah that's why I think they have the right idea with this. Unsure what Sony will do.

>Probably not in Japan but it'll probably get them in the west.
They'll definitely get support from jap devs like Bamco.

I hope PS5 is Sony's last console. The longer Sony tries to stick around with their bullshit policies, the more chances it will affect the other competitors.

Yep. It'll be Microsoft being buddies with Nintendo and Sony being left behind playing catchup. Stadia will fail or hang around as a very niche product. PC will always be there because of continued support from MS.

The Microsoft and Nintendo alliance will definitely take off once Scarlett is out next year. Sony will be put at an even bigger disadvantage. The only thing saving them now would be PS4.

>I hope PS5 is Sony's last console. The longer Sony tries to stick around with their bullshit policies, the more chances it will affect the other competitors.
This

SEGA will be coming back with the Dreamcast 2 baby

Stadia crashes early on once people catch on to how it affects their data use, and lack of games. Sony is at high risk due to being on top this gen and going full retard out of pride, but MS is focused on splitting games between pc and xbox which could be a big blow again, so they might opt to focus on bolstering their services sector instead. Switch will lag further behind in power, but portability offers a unique selling point the other consoles lack and it is backed by Nintendo first party support.

Honestly, other than Stadia as the obvious first to shit the bed, the others are all in positions to either do well or get fucked.

And the WiiU?

Yeah I think we can agree that Stadia will definitely be the first one to bow out.

But the other platforms can go either way because they're doing their own shit.

Stadia would explode if it was a netlix for games, having to actually buy games will be the death of it, not to mention latency issues.
New XBox and PS5 will be basically the same hardware, I think next gen Microsoft will have better exclusives due to all the studios they got (that will be also on PC) but I don't personally think it will sway the balance.
Switch will be left in the dust even harder than it already is, so Nintendo will be doing it's own thing again. I hope for the resurgence of some DS/3DS franchises.

Out of consoles I think Sony will win again, probably by a smaller margin though. Overall, PC chads will win as usual.

Attached: 1559815322779.png (584x585, 437K)

>This is why Nintendo stopped chasing after the spec shit and just tried doing their own unique shit.
Nah, you got it wrong user. Yes the Wii was exactly as you say but the Wii U and especially the Switch feels like we're back to N64/Gamecube days in terms of being back to a more traditional console. The new Zelda game proves Nintendo is fairly confident in their hardware and being able to be on a similar playing field as MS and Sony. What's happening with Pokemon now is also proof that gamefreak can't adapt to being a full console game.

Attached: botw2.jpg (970x545, 44K)

Nintendo Switch
>Pros
-portability gimmick
-family friendly image to be the goto console for families
-already a strong staple in the industry due to being out for a few years
-really strong fanbase
-lots of japanese support
-somehow is the most open towards devs creative freedom
>Cons
-seen as the "less hardcore" console
-weaker tech
-lacks in-game services
-one could argue that it has no room for growth
-despite strong exclusive lineup, its not as marketable for general audiences after fanboys and families

PS4
>Pros
-strong exclusive content that is highly marketable towards both casuals and core gamers
-cheap VR that also has strong lineup for VR exclusives
-solid state drive
>Cons
-lack of game services
-its relations with Japanese devs is dwindling when it was once the goto console for them to make games for

Xbox
>Pros
-lots of game services support such as game pass and cloud
-has been shown to be wanting to do more to win the hearts of gamers
-accessibility controller for disabled gamers (it doesn't really apply to you but it is something they have over other consoles)
>Cons
-lack of strong exclusive titles after halo
-lack of Japanese support

Stadia
>Pros
-don't need to buy a $400+ console for a modern gaming experience (if it works)
-already showing support by major first parties
>cons
-reliant only on streaming content
-can't really trust google to support it if it isn't an immediate success
-lack of dev support in international markets

Atari console
>pros
-RETURN TO GREATNESS
-FUNKY
-NOT A CONSOLE FOR JIVE TURKEYS
>cons
-NONE

Attached: 1344933277344.png (319x198, 82K)

PS5 will get trashed by Switch.

>forgetting censorship in the PS4 cons

that kind of already goes in line with them losing japanese support

plus its hard to mention that when it seems to become more of standard
i mean aren't the only two japanese xbox games also censored?
you could argue thats PS4's fault

but i don't see the 1 japanese game on stadia getting free from censorship

plus i did add the switch being the goto console for japs and creative freedom as a pro

I have a minimum wage job and even I play PC. Seriously if you actually need to buy a console over even a budget PC you must be living in fucking somalia

True. This would affect PS5